Hevo

Swati
Swati

Seamless ETL

Reviewed on 26/6/2020

Pros

Hevo is extremely user friendly and very seamless. Data pipelines can be set in a matter of a few clicks. Our business users are extremely happy with all the data at their disposal for any analysis that they need to do. Hevo's support is very prompt and always available to answer your queries.

Cons

When we had started using Hevo 2 years ago, there were only a few sources available. However, I see more and more new sources getting added every month.

Dead simple database replication

Reviewed on 2/7/2021

Overall the experience has been quite smooth so far. The support provided was great and the initial setup was simple.

Pros

Hevo's interface is simple to use, while powerful at the same time. From our tests so far the pipelines work reliably and performantly, and the transformation tools (offered both in a visual manner or through custom Python code for more advanced workflows) are quite useful.
The customer experience and support provided is great.

Cons

I seem to be unable to apply new transformation rules retroactively. That would be an important feature to us as sometimes new fields need to be masked or hidden but were already ingested into the destination.

CData Sync and Stitch Labs

Reasons for Switching to Hevo

The experience seemed to be simpler while keeping the tool powerful for our needs. The simple pricing model was also a decision factor.

Reviewed on 8/4/2022

Pros

I really like the ease with which you can deploy the tool

Cons

The tool can get better in documentation and video tutorials.

Heather
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Hevo's ease of use and support

Reviewed on 24/7/2023

My experience with Hevo has been great so far. I'm able to setup most connectors on my own but when I run into trouble, they're right there to help out!

Pros

The GUI is very user-friendly and the support has been great! When setting up a connector, the tips on the right-hand side of the screen are fantastic. For instance, when setting up a new destination in Snowflake, the script to create the role, database, etc are supplied there. You just have to change the names. I've reached out to their support team a few times now. The chat box is helpful to get started and they're very responsive. I've never waited more than 5 minutes for an initial response. If the case escalates, the response is equally impressive. The answers are clear and they're extremely friendly.

Cons

It took me awhile to figure out how to change the destination table when using an API. It defaults to the table name 'API', which isn't helpful when you're setting up multiple API feeds to the same destination. Once I figured out how to do it though, it wasn't a problem.

ujjawal

Great ETL Tool

Reviewed on 21/6/2023

very good

very good

Pros

Great UI , Customer service , Chat help , easy integration , all connector available , python ytansformation

Cons

streaming feature we need to inject real time data from kafka

Etleap and Fivetran

Hevo is a critical in connecting data sources across the org with each other and our warehouse!

Reviewed on 1/1/2023

Pros

We have multiple pipelines and connections with almost every piece of software across our organization. Hevo makes it possible for us to keep everything up to date and helps to centralize our reporting by brining current data into our warehouse for day to day analysis and reporting.

Cons

We have very few problems with Hevo. If we have any trouble it's almost always related to our usage limits.

Tyler
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Hevo: a great solution for all sizes of companies for all data pipeline and data management...

Reviewed on 17/4/2023

Great!

Great!

Pros

Ease of use, flexible, ability to query data and push the processed data into the warehouse, making all data pipeline needs completely customizable.

Cons

Sometimes has bugs which cause errors in pipelines, but their customer service is impeccable, and they literally respond in as little as minutes to solve your problem immediately.

Cheshta

Quick customer support and constantly evolving features

Reviewed on 2/10/2023

Pros

As a person with little ETL experience, Hevo made the process of building pipelines from various sources seamless. When I run into any issues, their customer support team is quick to respond and usually resolves my issue on the spot. If not, they escalate the issue which also gets a quick response.

Cons

Some features are a little tricky to implement at times, like manual mapping, feature transformation. But I'm usually able to get assistance from customer support.

• Industry: Insurance

Reviewed on 26/9/2023

Good Product

Pros

Nice product to use for data extraction and ETL

Cons

No cons at the moment for Hevo based on my useage

James Q
James Q
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Excellent Data Pipeline

Reviewed on 29/6/2022

It was very easy to sign up and set up Facebook to BigQuery. The user UI is easy to use and step-by-step instructions are included. You don't need a dev to get things moving as long as you're passingly familiar with Facebook and BigQuery and can read directions.

Pros

I used Hevo to pipeline data from Facebook into Big Query. The service worked as expected and properly transferred my data. It was one of several services I evaluated for our data pipeline needs.

Cons

I had some integration needs that HEVO did not include, so I had to go with another provider who included those. Otherwise, HEVO was amongst my top choices.

Julian

Accuracy and security at competitive pricing

Reviewed on 14/6/2022

Pros

HIPAA compliance, data integrity, documentation, and support

Cons

features I miss from Stitch like column level ingestion. Ingestion and loading logs are also quite thread-bare and hard to get much information on this.

Fivetran

Reasons for Choosing Hevo

data integrity issues

Price

Reliable, easy-to-use and good price/performance ratio

Reviewed on 5/8/2020

Hevo won our lengthy product comparison against other leading tools like Stitch Data, Fivetran, Matillion, etc. They provide best-of-breed usability, scale, reliability and latency. Their monitoring, schema mapping, error handling and replay capabilities are excellent. We are supporting near real-time reporting in a Snowflake warehouse thanks to Hevo's streaming replication from RDS MySQL.

Pros

Hevo's interface is well designed, so that it is straight-forward to set up many pipelines. Unlike other tools, they do not force us into their own standards, for example for naming tables. The service is reliable and performant, including at scale. The team also consists of nice people who have been very friendly and helpful.

Cons

We have no complaints. Hevo's MySQL binlog replication works well for us.

Eulices

Simple to set up and great customer support

Reviewed on 9/8/2022

Pros

As an ETL, you couldn't ask an easier tool to set up and test than Hevo. This is great for quickly checking if it'll work for your goals. All processes are transparent and if something seems amiss you can get a handle of a very helpful customer support quickly.

Cons

There are some advance features for data handling that seem to be still in development. Overall, it might not be the tool for you if you have a very strict or complicated workflow.

Great product to use

Reviewed on 10/7/2020

Great customer care team.

Great customer care team.

Pros

Smooth OpLog/Change Stream based syncing is one of the strongest reasons I stick to this platform.

Cons

Transformations UI can be a bit better and more user friendly

Patrik
  • Industry: Human Resources

ETL and API Access

Reviewed on 9/5/2022

Pros

We really love that fact that we can easily access 3rd party API's through the Hevo interface.

Cons

Occasionally, it happened that integrations are not working the first time you set them up. Generally, adding the pipeline again to the system does the trick. Furthermore, you can reach out to the great support crew, and they will help you resolve the issue

Alvin Radeka
Alvin Radeka
  • Industry: Maritime

Simple and powerful

Reviewed on 14/10/2022

Pros

Hevo helps our team set up our pipeline in the most simplistic way possible

Cons

The price is a bit on the expensive side, but the features they offered are good

Skyvia

Reasons for Switching to Hevo

Its simplicity and auto-mapping features
Arvind
  • Industry: Information Services
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Hevo Integration using S3 and SFTP

Reviewed on 29/11/2022

Pros

No coding is the best and all file formats are available to integrate

Cons

There is no custom email notification. I receive ETL summary everyday for all the pipelines.

Animesh

Hevo is exceptional

Reviewed on 13/7/2020

Hevo has been exceptional for us to scale our data warehouse from 0-1. We have barely faced issues with hevo and whenever we have, hevo support has always quickly helped us solve issues. Onboarding new pipelines is very easy to do and negligible dev effort is required.

Pros

Ease of building new pipelines and replay queue

Cons

Few features are deprecated in updates (eg. JSON parsing strategies). While this is understandable due to performance optimisations, whenever this happens, dev time increases.

Gustavo

Reviewed on 29/3/2022

almost very very good

almost very very good

Pros

easy to use and integrate technologies, monitoring tool

Cons

I couldn't found an option to make reverse engineering

Shaune
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Great tool for someone without ETL and Python skills

Reviewed on 10/3/2022

Awesome product for my simple needs. Great customer service.

Awesome product for my simple needs. Great customer service.

Pros

Hevo allowed me to set up an ETL without having a coding (python) skillset. I was able to connect spreadsheets to my DB preventing me inputting by hand or contracting out the ETL development.

Customer service was awesome!

Cons

I imagine I might find some cons as I continue to use the software, but I don't really have any yet. May more options for data types in the destinations???

Ken

3rd party sources

Reviewed on 7/4/2022

Easy to use Product with many features that I haven't fully explored as yet. Does what I wanted it to do allowing me to ingest data from 3rd party sources into or data warehouse.

Pros

Ease of use to connect to 3rd party sources. Documentation explains very well how to connect to 3rd party sources and provides useful ERD diagrams.

Cons

Would like a more functional scheduler and would like a pipeline for JIRA Service Desk.

• Industry: Information Services

Great Tool

Reviewed on 13/4/2023

Pros

Great Customer Support in case of problems

Cons

It is quite expensive per row so the quality of the support really matters.

Parth
Parth

Hevo - Review

Reviewed on 10/7/2021

Pros

Allows creation of realtime data pipelines from multiple data sources with an option of pre and post data transformations on the data.

Cons

The workbench - It is not intelligent moreover any switch from the workbench results in a code loss. So maintaining code or debugging code can be challenging.

khushi
  • Industry: Online Media

Hevo - The best EtLT and ELT tool

Reviewed on 9/11/2023

overall my experience is good, we are ingesting data with fb ads, and google adsense, and instagram and salesforce

Pros

i really like the nice and easy UI to setup pipeline, apart from it I really like their schema mapper function also the latest transformation drag and drop UI

Cons

I don't like that they don't do data qc or do not provide feature to setup data quality rules like glue and databricks does

Sahil
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Smooth experience

Reviewed on 17/10/2022

Pros

Creating ETL pipelines, models and work flows.

Cons

Sometimes it seems difficult on changing the import table