Online Check Writer

Software for managing payments and accounting operations

4.5/5

Michael
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Check printing software is a great business solution

Reviewed on 16/7/2018

The most valuable thing in today's business, time...

Pros

Easy to use, friendly IU, easy to program, supports most of the OS out there, customer service is very committed to help you..

Cons

No cons for using this software, everything is great ! I cannot say that when i call customer support i received a bad services because i will be lying...

Response from Zil Money

Thank you for taking the time to review Online Check Writer. We are glad to hear that you are happy with our product and services.

Young Jun

Easy to use and can be used anywhere

Reviewed on 25/7/2022

Pros

You can easily know when, where and how much you have used at any time, even if you do not record separately, and it is easy to use and can be used anywhere.

Cons

Occasionally, when there is a change in the position of what I have designed, I have to go back into the design and adjust it.

Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Online Check Writer

Selected by considering the convenience of use first

Response from Zil Money

Hi Young Jun,
Thank you very much. The Pros you listed are what we always strive to deliver. Very happy to receive this feedback from you.

Lynn
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Used to be a happy customer

Reviewed on 26/7/2022

Like I said, it was a great piece of software when we started using it. I've asked for the zil account and accompanying wallet to be removed because we are a nonprofit, only the board can make a decision about creating new accounts. But it's been many months and they haven't done it yet, so I'm pretty sure they never will. It's so frustrating, they even send us monthly zil statements. We're probably going to switch back to our payroll system for ACH, because it's too confusing the way it's set up now.

Pros

I used to like it much better before we added ACH. The check writing worked great, it was intuitive and easy to use.

Cons

The user interface changed without warning a few months ago from something that was really easy to use to something that doesn't even fit on my computer screen and I have to reduce my magnification to 90% to see it all. I have to hunt all over the place to find various features that were all previously in one place. At least they should have given us some warning, I was on vacation and the admin using it was texting me that she couldn't figure out how to send ACH anymore.

When we set up ACH they created a zil account for us which we didn't ask for and didn't want. It generated an automatic wallet that is identically named to our real wallet and it's been so confusing. It's unclear to me what enable wallet bypass means in the two different places it can be entered, both in the wallet settings and when we actually send an ach payment. We're always afraid we're doing something wrong.

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Reasons for Switching to Online Check Writer

At the time it seemed easier to use and to give other people access to check writing. It has changed a lot since then.

Response from Zil Money

Hi Lynn,

Please give us a call; we are keen to solve your issues with the platform.

Debbie

Super Easy

Reviewed on 5/1/2023

No more hand written checks.

Pros

This software was super easy to set up and the platform is extremely friendly for daily use.

Cons

Everything is perfect for my needs. I use it daily with ease and have not run into any issues.

Response from Zil Money

Thank you for the immense review. Our team is working hard to simplify the user interface.

Hector

Online Check Writer Has Made Our Weekly Payroll A Breeze

Reviewed on 12/1/2023

It has been a blessing. It has helped me to manage expenses, vendors and payroll all in one system.

Pros

I like how easy it is to enter you vendors and sub-contractors. As well as doing weekly payroll with all the pre-populated information cuts my check writing by 90%.

Cons

I have not found anything yet to date. I am a new user and yet to explore all the features.

Response from Zil Money

Hi Hector, We're so glad to hear that OnlineCheckWriter.com has made your weekly payroll a breeze! We're always striving to improve our tools and make them as user-friendly as possible, so we're thrilled that you've found them helpful. If you have any suggestions on how we could make your experience even better, please don't hesitate to let us know. Thanks again for taking the time to write this review.

David

In the words of my bank - "This is Scam-like"

Reviewed on 18/11/2022

While I've been a customer with OCW for many years, their recent merge with Zil Money has changed the company in the customer service department. No longer are they willing to listen to concerns with a "customer first" mindset. When approached with a problem, they refuse to acknowledge an issue. Even when it requires involvement from the internal development team after multiple attempts to issue checks. The problem wasn't on my end (after trying multiple browsers, multiple laptops and different users, yet still had the same error messages) and they refused to admit it. Insufficient credit was provided for this inconvenience.

Pros

OCW's platform is quick to learn and has in intuitive user interface

Cons

Customer service was awful and inflexible when trying to address multiple concerns within a very short timeframe. They had an opportunity to step up and deescalate my situations but refused to do so. Their inflexible approach to customer service just lost me as a client.

Response from Zil Money

We apologize for the concern you faced from us. The team is ready to hear and solve your issues.

Cody

A Must-Have for All Remote Business Owners

Reviewed on 14/1/2023

Pros

I consistently have a need to pay new prople in my business. I conduct a lot of real estate notary closings and the ability to mail multiple checks to an address is veyr helpful to me. I would not be able to continue running my business remotely without this service. It is amazing! My experience with customer service during onboarding was also fantastic.

Cons

Sometimes I have to send checks very fast. I think the processing time from print to mail can sometimes lag, but in general I have had no major issues.

Response from Zil Money

Hi Cody, we're thrilled to hear that our service has been so helpful for your business. We know how important it is to be able to send payments quickly and efficiently, so we're always working to improve our processing times. Thanks for the great review - we really appreciate it!

lahi
  • Industry: Airlines/Aviation

best thing ever i found for work

Reviewed on 13/1/2023

i do have more than 6 months experience

Pros

its so easy to use everything is simple totls and everythung is can find easy

Cons

at this moment nothing is there everything is perfect

Response from Zil Money

Hello lahi, we are so happy that you find our site easy to use and everything is simple and perfect. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to strive to make our site even better. Thanks again for taking the time to write this review - it really helps us out!

Torrie

Prefect for administrating checks immediately

Reviewed on 9/1/2023

I will always come to this site for our check writing needs

Pros

The convenience of getting people paid with the electronic check option

Cons

There was no downside to the site thus far!

Response from Zil Money

Thank you very much for this positive review.
We are constantly improving our products to give you the best experience.

Leslie
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services

Great for a tedious task

Reviewed on 5/1/2023

I had to write over 20 checks to multiple organization from multiple checking account. OCW made the process quick, simple and easy. Now only did I create the checks quickly, I was able to make the inevitable correction easily as well.

Pros

Easy to use, intuitive with good built-in help.

Cons

For my needs the software was fine and I can't think of any improvements that would be useful.

Response from Zil Money

We are blown away by your positive review.

Chuck
  • Industry: Photography

Easy Check writing

Totally positive

Pros

This is a nice and easy product to use. I use it once a week or so and there is no refresh time needed

Cons

Took a bit or wrangling to get the check function to print what I wanted as there are a lot of pre-installed entries and I have pre printed checks

Response from Zil Money

Hi Chuck,
Thank you very much; we are thrilled to hear this.

Online Check Writer has really made my check writing life much easier to handle. Thank You!

Reviewed on 21/1/2018

Pros

I am really excited about the Online CheckWriter software. No more looking for my checkbook. I love having all of my check writing needs available online. I love being able to see everything pertaining to my check writing needs CLEARLY by using this software. My favorite feature is being able to type instead of manually writing information that is needed on the check. My checks look so much better typing instead of writing. My favorite feature is the FREE feature for Consumers that only need fewer than 5 checks per month. After using the 5 free checks you only pay 5 cents per check which is really affordable.

Cons

The only Cons I have with the Online Check Writer Software is not being able to have artsy designs on the check. You are allowed to customize your checks for free but not really have the check looking really colorful and artsy.

Response from Zil Money

Thanks for leaving us such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you loved your experience. So thanks for your kind words and we look forward to seeing you again.

Tal

Why I enjoy the online check writer software.

Reviewed on 25/7/2022

I have enjoyed the service and it’s legitimacy increasing as only made it better and better as time goes on.

Pros

I enjoyed my ability to get paid quickly and issue legitimate checks to my vendors. I enjoy the fluidity of my businesses billing and expense tracking.

Cons

I have never been able to use my debit card and I mean never. Sucks cuz it’s one of the original perks I was excited about.

Quickbooks Online

Response from Zil Money

Hi Tal,
It is nice to know that you are happy with OnlineCheckWriter.com. We take your concern regarding the Debit card seriously as it is an inbuilt feature in our platform. Please call us at (408) 775-7720, and we will correct it quickly.

Vishal
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Powerful product, but with plenty of bugs/glitches

Reviewed on 25/7/2022

Good, powerful software. It has definitely improved our process. If the software could be made less buggy particularly around creating duplicate checks, it would be great.

Pros

Has most of functionality we are looking for when it comes to writing checks. We have 90+ bank accounts and need to ability to print checks using blank check paper from any of them on demand.

Great customer support

Cons

Plenty of glitches. When importing ten or more checks, we usually end up with duplicates which have to be cleaned out.

There does not seem to be a way to import the details of a transaction onto the stub. This would be valuable to see the detailed breakdown of the accounts and amounts that the check is composed from.

Response from Zil Money

Hi Vishal,
Thank you for this valuable feedback; our development team will work on your suggestions.

Santosh Reddy
  • Industry: Legal Services

Easy to use the software

Pros

Easy to use the software compared with other products in the market

Cons

Electronic-checks - looks like this is bit confusing

Deluxe Payroll and HR

Easy to use the software

Response from Zil Money

Thank you Santosh for this excellent review.

Manik

GREAT PRODUCT turned m GREEDY

Reviewed on 25/7/2022

Pros

Cloud based online system that can be used anywhere.

Cons

Price is now ridiculous and very con artist.

Response from Zil Money

Hi Manik,
We understand you are upset with our recent price increase. As you have noted, we provide a high-quality platform and have to start charging for transactions to maintain quality. But, for a customer like you, our 499.99 plan can cut transaction costs by 81%. Moreover, this plan provides $500 worth of free credit, which effectively cancels the subscription cost and simultaneously reduces the transaction charges to meagre rates. If you still feel the price is high, we can provide custom plans suitable for your transactions. Please call us, and let's help you find a plan that fits your requirement perfectly.

James
  • Industry: Events Services
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Poor Customer Experience

Reviewed on 4/8/2022

Online Checkwriter is very inconsistent with their processes and their phone agents are extremely rude. When it comes to paying vendors and you advise the estimated date of when their direct deposit should hit their account, you need to be very precise. It's okay to be a day off of the date advised but 1-2 weeks beyond that is crazy! I don't trust that I can continue using this software due to the lack of speed in processing ACH deposits.

Pros

I like the fact that this software is available online and that it gives me the capability of paying my vendors via ACH or check.

Cons

Online Checkwriter has poor customer service when it comes to their processes and procedures. Before implementing a process to pay my vendors via ACH, I called Online Checkwriter and walked through the process to ensure that I had it correctly. I even ran a couple of live test transactions to confirm the process works for me. When I started paying my vendors, I was advised that it would be 3-5 days for them to receive payment. After relaying this to a vendor I was then told that it's up to 9 business days unless I fund my wallet in advance. For the next vendor, I funded my wallet first and then processed an ACH which should have been deposited on the next business day. Again, the funds were not deposited and sat in the vendor's newly created wallet within Online Checkwriter (the vendor did not request this wallet account) for over a week. I called and spoke with the ACH department who said regardless of what I was told by a previous agent, I need to upgrade my subscription and follow a process that was never given to me.

Response from Zil Money

Thank you for your positive review. Furthermore, we apologize for the difficulties you may have experienced. The customer service team is expanding its capabilities to provide better customer service and to address customers' doubts. We have a 24-hour chat team and call support between 8 AM CST to 8 PM CST. Feel free to reach us back for any assistance.Our team ready to help you

Heidi

Simple all the way around.

Reviewed on 4/8/2022

Online Check Writer is simple to use all the way around.

Pros

I like most is that I pay one price for the year and then I don't have to worry about it.

Cons

I like all the features that I use. And those are check writing and deposit slips.

Response from Zil Money

Hi Heidi,
Thank you very much for the great review

ARQUIMEDES
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Online Check Writer the Best software

Reviewed on 9/11/2020

My overall experience with Online Check Writer is amazing!
It is very useful and affordable software.

Pros

The way we can handle the checks using for instance checks by email and Checks Printing Software, that allows us to Print at anytime and from everyplace we are.

Cons

I have to say that this software doesn't have any thing bad. I mean I don't have any complain about this software, for me this software is 1000/1000!

Response from Zil Money

Thank you for the wonderful positive review.Glad to hear about our platform work well for you

Isabel

Simple to use

Reviewed on 26/8/2022

Pros

This product is very simple to use. It saves all contact information for easy and fast check writing. It keeps a log of all checks distributed. Very easy to void checks and to customize your checks.

Cons

The app does not work well when you are in a low service area, past checks and contacts will not show up at all. When it came time to set up a payment account for this product, I would have liked a notification that Online Check Writer was going to start charging, instead of logging on and all of a sudden not being able to print out checks. Other than that hiccup, product works great, I don't mind paying.

Response from Zil Money

We are so grateful for your kind words. Thanks for sharing your review with us.

• Industry: Semiconductors
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

It was really easy to learn about it and use it. Very good quality and functionality.

Reviewed on 16/7/2018

Really useful and easy to use, so it is really efficient and a true time saver. I am glad that i have found out about this software.

Pros

I really liked how easy was to actually use it. I had no previously experience in this software, and now for the first time it was so easy and interesting to use it.

Cons

I am not sure about customer support but still it is really easy to find out stuff yourself, so it is not that big of a deal. I would recommend that somebody should look into it dough.

Kirti

A total time saver

Reviewed on 16/7/2018

This is a print checker and really good for business.

Pros

Very reliable and trustworthy. Easy to use and learn. It is so convenient to use the software and the results are positive.

Cons

Sometimes a bit hassle but if dealt with care, the Product seems to be great especially in such short time.

Response from Zil Money

Thank you so much for such a great review! We work really hard to offer you the best possible service. We are always improving our product and service to make our customers happy.

Erik
  • Industry: Accounting

My Review

Reviewed on 1/8/2022

Great -- I couldn't live without it.

Pros

I like that I can click to write checks and mail them.

Cons

Sometimes the application is buggy, but support has been wonderful and responsive.

Response from Zil Money

Thank you for the lovely review.Customize check instantly create your personal or business checks yourself. You can design your check with drag and drop feature on Online Check Writer. Personalize your business check by adding the company logo, font style, and signature. Add a background image and more, pay your vendors or suppliers proudly using our check printing software. Moreover, shifting to printing check on blank stock papers using OCW saves your business over 80% check printing costs.

Courtney

Easy Check Processing Option

Reviewed on 6/8/2022

Pros

Very easy to use. Cuts out having to write multiple checks a month or ordering checks from the bank. Way easy to print and get sent out. Save me a lot of time.

Cons

Some items are still coming soon. It is frustrating that they have the options available, but when I go to use them they are still unavailable.

Response from Zil Money

Hi Courtney,
Thank you very much for this great review. We have noted the points listed by you and will correct such mistakes soon.

German
  • Industry: Capital Markets
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

excellent software

Reviewed on 8/3/2021

excellent software, I really like it. good innovation
I want to recommend it to my friends, I find the software
and its content very interesting,
thanks for sharing these good initiatives, this are great
for make BUSINESS on line and this software is amazing
really works this is 100% legit and 100% working

Pros

eally works this is 100% legit and 100% working

Cons

this are great
for make BUSINESS on line

Response from Zil Money

Thank you so much for your great review, we're glad you're enjoying Online Check Writer and would love to hear from you if you need any help using the tool. Hope to see you again.