NEOGOV

Talent management tool for public & educational entities

4.3/5
4.2/5
4.1/5
4.2/5

Keion L.

Reliable Applicant Tracking Software

Reviewed on 6/6/2019

My overall experience with Neogov has been really good. I love using the software and it has been a good way for us to recruit candidates for all of our job bulletins.

Pros

What I like most about Neogov is that the system is very easy to learn and use.
The layout and design of the software is easy to navigate. I like that Neogov has a
online community to support the software and you can pick up the phone and call
them if you need real time technical assistance. I have used the system for about 4 years and it has been one of the most reliable that I have ever worked with. I also like that the software is web based.

Cons

There are some areas in Neogov that do not have the audit trail feature. This is a feature that
tracks which user has made changes or completed tasks in the system. Another thing I do not
like about Neogov is that some features have to be customized and developed before they can be implemented

Cathi

User Friendly & Efficient

Reviewed on 5/10/2022

We utilize the system to track applicants, send e-mail notifications (and see when they have been viewed), send text messages, self-schedule interviews, advertise, etc. I was so glad we had Onboard in place when Covid hit as we were well equipped to onboard new employees -- the only change we had to made was rather than schedule benefits, IT and other sessions in person, we transitioned to Zoom -- the new hire paperwork was already set up an we knew how to pivot quickly.

Pros

I love the online training modules and the customer support team. Troubleshooting is inevitable and the customer support team is knowledgeable, responsive and helpful.

Cons

I'm a fan...I have no complaints at the time.

Tammy

This is not a solution.

Reviewed on 5/10/2022

By far the worst solution experience I've had in 20 years in this industry.

Pros

I liked the idea of NeoGov's single source solution. The reality of the product was a let down.

Cons

What I liked least, apart from the failure of the solution to perform, was the lack of accountability and/or urgency on the NeoGov team to make things right. I got the impression that they were so accustomed to the solution failing that the bar for acceptable performance had fallen to the floor.

Michael
  • Industry: Law Enforcement
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great product for people new to the HR world

Reviewed on 7/10/2022

it has all been great, very user friendly and helpful through all my training in this new field of HR. and the customer support is amazing i have made many many mistakes and have only had to call and they help right away, this conferance has also helped me with looking at things from a differant perspective to help with recruiting

Pros

this is a user friendly system that gives you training in the system to make your self better in all they products. the customer serv is amazing. any time i call they are helping me work out any problem that i have and if they don't know how to help they call back quick with some one that can help with everything.

Cons

some of the little things that have tripped me up in the exam plan with steps i wish you could add in steps or remove steps, even after some one my have been moved into them. as a new user i have made mistakes with not clicking something in the set up of the step and was not able to removed said step after moved someone in and found the mistake.

Gwendoly

Happy Customer... But

Reviewed on 5/10/2022

We are overall happy with Insight, but hesitant to expand into other products given the recent pain points.

Pros

Love the product overall, it's intuitive and easy to use. The majority of the time I have called and asked for assistance, the person on the other line is pleasant and helpful.

Cons

NEOGOV has expanded to offer more modules, which is great on the surface but we have noticed a decline in the quality of service with the Help Desk. When we discover a glitch, the staff don't have an answer on how to resolve the matter. The follow up has not been great lately.

Atit
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Personalituy

Reviewed on 7/10/2022

Pros

The customization of the system is best feature.

Cons

System performance and lag is what i least like about the system

UKG Pro and Workday HCM
Abigail

NEOGOV Super Fan

Reviewed on 5/10/2022

We love the products and will hopefully in the near future be able to utilize all of the Neogov products

Pros

I live in Insight as I doing the hiring process for Public Safety. Love that I can move the candidates through the hiring process

Cons

We have started using the Matrix Rating feature when COVID hit and are using it for interviews. We have had some issues with the reviewers not be able to see what the final score that they gave the candidate is

Twila

User Friendly & Efficient

Reviewed on 5/10/2022

My overall experience with NEOGOV has been amazing. I have used the Insight product for 15+ years. Great Customer service and so user friendly and I like that NEOGOV continues to improve their products. It is also great that they listen to input from their users.

Pros

I like that it is really user friendly and has so many options

Cons

I enjoy everything about this software. I have used this for 15+ years and have never been disatisfied.

Vicki

I want more

Reviewed on 5/10/2022

I want all the products. We have 4, but I'm hoping for more, at least eforms and onboards.

Pros

How the systems work together. The customer services that comes with the product.

Cons

Moving new courses in. Some of the standards that may not work for us.

Gretchen
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Efficiency that makes work easier!

Reviewed on 5/10/2022

I love Neogov! It makes the recruitment process simple and easy to work with and process.

Pros

Neogov provides an easy to understand and efficiently flowing process for all of the products!

Cons

I don't often find much I get frustrated with besides specific quirks our agency has that the system is not flexible for.

Stacey

Voice of the Customer Drives Continuous Improvement

Reviewed on 7/10/2021

I have been very impressed with the software, customer support, and the demonstrated commitment NEOGOV has to it's products and clients. Innovation never stops!

Pros

I like that Neogov listens to their users' feedback. They don't just receive comments and recommendations, they use the feedback to constantly improve their customers' experience. Reliable data management and workflows.

Cons

The enhancements sometimes take a while to implement, but it's to be expected. I'm disappointed in the delay of administrator training for modules like HRIS.

Canopy and BambooHR

Reasons for Choosing NEOGOV

One-stop-shop

Canopy

Reasons for Switching to NEOGOV

Bay County has utilized NEOGOV software for over 16 years. In the last 5 years, there has been a ramp up of innovative releases that have significantly increased NEOGOV's product offering and value. The most valuable niche NEOGOV presents is that it's target customer is Government!

Neogov Review

Reviewed on 12/9/2018

Neogov has a very high learning curve. Once I became proficient - after about 6 to 9 months later - I found the application fairly easy to navigate. However, I learn additional functions regularly as I use it. I am an expert user now, but I have been using it for 5 1/2 years. Our section has 2 other recruiters who have been there for 2 years now. They continue to ask me user questions which I then walk them through. The application is not intuitive. A user needs to know exactly where to go to perform the function they need to perform. The tutorials need to be more detailed and clear as they leave users with questions after they have completed the tutorials.

Pros

Neogov is great once you learn how it works. I like that I can customize job announcements, add point values to questions, and add photos to job announcements. I like the auto-grader if the scoring plan is set up correctly.

I like the dashboard tasks section and that I am notified when a new requisition has been approved.

I like the candidate tracking in OHC since the new update. The visual of the candidate steps on the wheel is helpful.

Cons

The bold, italic and underline capabilities in the supplemental questions has been removed. Also, I can't change the color of the font in either the job posting or the supplemental questions.

Report titles don't really reflect what information the report pulls. I have to open all related reports to find the one I need to use to obtain the information I need.

Options under applicants are in a different order and named differently under applicants for various lists in Insight and OHC.

When entering a hire, with the last OHC update, a tab for approvers now exists. This is confusing for managers as they enter some random name. If the approval section was eliminated, it would be much better for managers and recruiters as recruiters would receive a notification once the hire has been entered and submitted.

User access on the OHC side is confusing for managers. The owner of the requisition is the only one who can upload final recruitment documents. Access for hiring managers as well as the owner would allow anyone who is either to perform necessary functions without have to have HR change the owner.

I have created job announcements with templates that have an incorrect scoring plan, so then the auto-grader doesn't work - it fails all applicants. Then its very time consuming to figure out where the issue is in the scoring plan.

Marjorie
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Well designed with many features

Reviewed on 14/3/2017

The High Line product is well designed and offers many features. It is highly customizable so I think ease of use and customer experience can vary widely depending on how you customize. Once the system is set up it is very easy for the employees to use.

The product has many different modules that are used together to create a complete employee picture. These can be added over time. Most records are date effective so you are provided with a very good historical picture as well.

High Line has many consultants that can be hired to help with ongoing customization. As a government agency that hosts onsite and does its best to maintain the system in-house, we found that the IT people maintaining the system needed a higher skill set than what we originally planned for. Payroll and HR need someone who is somewhat tech-savvy to understand how the pieces fit together and advise how to best move forward with changes and additions.

Value for money depends on how you choose to customize. If a complicated and/or lengthy implementation, it can get pricey but for a more straightforward implementation, it is very cost effective.

Pros

The database design and how the screens/forms work together; how you can drill down in the screens to get to more info.

Cons

It is large and a bit of a beast at times. The admin app is Java based which often causes desktop issues. When something goes wrong it requires some skill to figure out what's going on. Often High Line help is needed. Because it is highly customizable, it is impossible for High Line to test their patches and upgrades for all possible ways the system is used so it is left on the using organization to fully test all updates.

Response from High Line

Hi Marjorie - Thanks for the review! We are pleased Personality HCM is providing value to your county and would like to address some of your comments. As you are aware, the Personality HCM is now available as a SaaS/hosted solution, delivered entirely over the internet. The Java client is now typically only used by system administrators. This may help with some of the issues your encountering. Also, appreciate your comments about customization, however, note that we have not customized the solution for your county, rather standard configuration tools have been used to make Personality operate uniquely for you. Upgrades are designed to work with client configurations, however, as with any software, configured forms/fields/calculation still need to be tested to ensure they are functioning as expected. We are always available to help, so please do not hesitate to contact support with anything that comes up.

Roxanne
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Powerful Tool and worth the investments

Reviewed on 7/10/2021

Overall, this is great software with a wide variety of options and customization. If you are in education, there are still items that could use some help as it was created for government (local/state levels) but they are minor. Customer Service it almost always quick and exceptional. If you're looking for an expandable system with a wide variety of modules/options, this is an excellent choice!

Pros

While we mirrored our existing processes during initial set up (not always the best practice!) it allowed us to get this up and running within a month during the winter holidays in 2014. We have subsequently revised/expanded our usage from the Insight (IN) module to the Online Hiring Center (OHC) and Onboarding (ON) modules and continue adding upgrades and enhancements when we can. As we are always looking toward Continuous Process Improvement, when the pandemic hit we were well-situated to be able to move more processes from paper/e-mail into NEOGOV. Whether you're ready to go all in, or a little at a time, this software can do it.

Cons

The modules are still a little disjointed, but they are working on unifying that. The ability to make some items more appealing/interesting can be enhanced with graphics, videos, html code, etc - but not for all things, which can be frustrating. There are issues with not being able to have multiple windows open or you will get randomly auto-logged out (EXTREMELY FRUSTRATING), particularly as it is almost impossible to use only one window while working on various recruitments, applications, fielding questions from users, etc.

Rachel

Great value for money

Reviewed on 7/10/2021

We struggled with NEOGOV at first, back in 2014 when we first began using Insight/OHC (the only product we have used and are still using 8 years later). But they have been so good working with us and I am really impressed by their continuous innovation and improvements, as well as their staff and leadership. I can tell NEOGOV is an excellent company and am glad we continue to use their product.

Pros

NEOGOV is always improving their products. They are super responsive to ideas and questions and very innovative and timely in the features they develop and implement (e.g. PII blinding).

Cons

It takes so many clicks to get something done in Insight, and it is really not intuitive at all to get things done for a recruiter. Reports are also difficult for a lay-user because building a report is very IT-esque and not easy to figure out what is needed for even a simple report. Data fields in the export we receive is also confusing as things are not always named the same in the data as it is in the system.

Colleen

We've been using Personality for 14 years and went from separate systems into one integrated...

Reviewed on 20/2/2018

We went from two different systems into one HR/Payroll system. We gained efficiencies by only have to enter data once into one shared system. We eliminated a lot of human error that occurs when entering the same data twice. We were able to enforce our labor contracts by having only those involved in negotiations implement the updates to the system. We are now able to get real time data out of our payroll system to evaluate expected turnover rates, contract costs and stay current on meeting compliance issues.

Pros

Personality is highly configurable which is important when you have 26 different units that have completely different personnel policies, benefits, salaries and leave schedules that have to be evaluated for each employee, every two weeks during payroll. This configuration can be done by your own employees who are subject matter experts, who understand the macro or micro of your companies business needs. The ease of configuration allows the business owner to make the changes to the software based on their needs and not when the other software company gets you into their queue.

Cons

The color scheme for the test instance and production instance are the same and can lead to issues if you are not careful when working in one and thinking you are in the other. However I understand in the latest version currently being tested this is has become an updateable feature as well.

Lisa

It's Great!

Reviewed on 7/10/2021

Overall all, it is a great tool, especially for applicant tracking, allowing us to reassign recruitment activity, see where processes are in real time and eliminating the need for paper and Excel.

Pros

We primarily use Insight/OHC and Onboard I love the scoring and am looking forward to the enhancements.

Cons

The software tracks many steps throughout the recruitment process and allows reporting, however, it does not track the SME step as a reportable feature, which is needed for time to hire tracking. Also, the system does not allow the removal of OHC user access to specific recruitments the way it does in Insight. The Conviction Questionnaire, while easy to use, does require multiple steps.

Oracle Taleo Cloud

Reasons for Choosing NEOGOV

The system we had no longer met our needs.

Reasons for Switching to NEOGOV

The Neogov system was more robust and provided the resources we needed.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Great suite for HR professionals

Reviewed on 7/10/2021

Pros

Insight: This is the product I use the most and it has greatly helped me in my job as a Recruiting Manager. I can take a candidate from the beginning all the way to date of hire in one platform. The functionality is very easy. The process also has features to promote diversity and reduce bias which is VERY important to me and the role I serve in the organization.

Cons

Customization of the PAF is tricky and I wish there were more work arounds to get this form to look that the one we use in our organization. Specifically, we cannot have gender and ethnicity on our PAFs. Very interesting since you organization is promoting inclusivity.

Cori

NEOGOV hires!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2021

For the most part, as a daily NEOGOV user it gets the HR job done. I am able to complete evaluations, onboard, e-forms, and complete tasks all in the same program. It streamlines a variety of recruiting and talent management processes. It saves time because their is no longer paper and it reduces administrative requirements by managing information electronically to the correct departments to be processed. It also helps when onboarding new employees as we can see exactly what forms are being completed before the hire date. NEOGOV is great for managers, hiring managers, HR departments, IT and admin offices!! It gets the job done!

Pros

NEOGOV is user-friendly platform but I really appreciate the onboarding. It gets the new employees to get all their paperwork done before their initial start date. I appreciate the forms going into the correct portals and being completed all in one central location. Customer service is great too!! They are very engaged in troubleshooting. There is also a separate Support for Applicants so we don't need to spend a lot of time troubleshooting. It makes it easy when new employees are having issues during the onboarding process.

Cons

Its not always user friendly. Sometimes it hard to explain to others when trying to troubleshoot.

Diana
  • Industry: Maritime

NEOGOV - PCCA Experience

Reviewed on 7/10/2021

Online applications submitted and processed streamline the process for all HR Team. Online enrollment for all new hire paperwork. Online experience for all learners.

Pros

It is a very user-friendly system, it is very intuitive. Customer support is always available for internal and external users and administrators.

Cons

The generality that it has for some features and ensuring they follow up in suggestions of what can be done better as to functionality and features specific to the organization and the industry.

Deborah
  • Industry: Public Policy

NEOGOV INSIGHT - Bringing Government Recruitment and Selection to Modern Day

Reviewed on 10/4/2018

We have implemented all of NEOGOV's modules and found them to be very engaged in collecting customer feedback/experience and continuing to improve their products.

Pros

-Help us over technology hurdles to incorporate google analytics, RSS feeds and responsive technology to our applicant sourcing for public sector.
-Integrated with our HRIS system for position control, job classes and salaries.
-Great value for the price.
-Actively listens to customer feedback for increased value and improved customer experience.
-Easily customizable and implementable within a few days without expensive consultants.
-Built based on U.S. public sector best practice. So it uses the workflow and terms that our end users understand.
-Great online help and resources for customers implementing.
-Modern user interface that is easy to understand, reducing our support costs.
-Capability to build customized reports with subscriptions that can be sent on a regular basis.

Cons

- Based on a U.S. pubic sector it is specific to government and schools not other businesses.
- Reporting tool could have more capability to aggregate data and create calculated values.

Lisa
  • Industry: Higher Education

Great Product with LOTS of options

Reviewed on 7/10/2021

I really enjoy NeoGov and the versatility to provides. Customer Service is always super helpful and friendly, quick to respond to emails if you choose that route rather than calling. The more I learn that I can do, the more I enjoy this program. The fact that they are always working to improve it is amazing, especially as those improvements are ACTUALLY improvements, unlike many software companies that make things so much harder every time they update something.

Pros

There is so much versatility to NeoGov. You can use one or two modules, or use all of them. You don't have to pay for the entire suite in order to utilize the software effectively. It is straight forward but there is a lot of options and customization that can be done behind the scenes.

Cons

Marking Veteran's Preference to an application is a slow, annoying process when you have dozens of applicants. You have to go into each applicant's master profile, select the job, mark the preference and save it. It doesn't apply to all the jobs they've applied for either so you have to go into each job individually to do this. For every candidate.

Dean
  • Used for 2+ years

Wonderful product and support - Unfortunately we no longer use it.

Reviewed on 19/2/2018

We never missed a payroll. Unfortunately we moved to a new Payroll/HR system due to costs associated to the Oracle environment which did not align with our Corporate SQL Server standard.

Pros

The database was the most solid relational database I've ever used. It was developed with a very strong focus on standards and consistency across all products in High Lines suite.

We never missed a payroll in the 17 years we used the product.

The suite of products all integrated nicely.

Being a smaller company with their own development staff, High Line could quickly modify the product to meet industries changing needs.

Although the software frontend did change over time, the basic functionality never changed. It only got better with more functionality through each major revision.

Oracle database was very solid with years of database knowledge behind the product and with nice system administration tools.

Cons

Lack of a SQL Server database version creates a heavy dependency on Oracle creates a high cost environment.

New functionality was often added with very specific (or specific customer) focus specifications and requirements. This often resulted in a new functionality which was not very useful to the customer base as a whole. Often the functionality had to be reworked or "upgraded" to meet similar needs for the larger customer base. In some ways this could be considered a positive since they were constantly looking for ways to add functionality to the product.

Damian

I love it!!!

Reviewed on 7/10/2021

Use of NeoGov has greatly enhanced our operations in that everything we need to do is within one system. Prior to use of NeoGov, we were using one system for job posting and application review and a different one for score integration and promulgation. Needless to say, NeoGov was definitely an upgrade!

Pros

As an analyst working in a very fast-paced exams unit, I manage many different recruitments at one time and NeoGov allows me to easily develop my job postings, track my applicants, schedule testing and certify them. With the number of different notifications we send to our applicants/candidates, having a library of pre-populated templates makes it much easier when it's time to send notifications.

Cons

There is functionality in NeoGov within the Exam Plans that I have never used before and rather than having to fish out my NeoGov manual, it would be helpful if there was a hyperlink that would take us to the place in the manual that explains and provides guidance on the use of that functionality.

Andrea

Great for Merit System Organizations

Reviewed on 7/10/2021

It meets our needs as an applicant tracking system. There are other pieces that would make our lives easier but for the most part, it provides the non-negotiable elements we need to be effective in our organization.

Pros

I really like the ability of the system to help facilitate our merit testing process. It gives the ability to attach weights to the various components of the testing process and removes the need to manually manage these calculations. It provides a good audit trail to help provide transparency and also allows us to manage the candidates through the entire recruitment life cycle. The ability to self schedule testing/interviews is great too.

Cons

I feel their customer service is lacking a bit. When they check in, it doesn't feel as though they actually listen to your concerns. I have had meetings in the past to discuss our experience and takeaways were never followed through with (e.g., NeoGov was to send us a document or pass along concerns). I understand enhancements are not always possible but would appreciate more transparent communication.