Final Cut Pro

Video editing software with color correction capabilities

4.2/5
4.4/5
4.3/5
4.3/5

Cristhian josue J.
  • Industry: Design

Final Cut Pro, the ideal video editor for our social networks

Reviewed on 2/9/2021

Final Cut Pro has offered me the freedom to create great projects to upload to my youtube channel, my networks like TikTok or Instagram and sometimes has helped me to develop videos for my clients, editing in this software is simple, even in aspects such as colorization, at other times I have been limited when making bigger post-production, I recommend this software for simple projects, we can create good videos for any occasion with this program, and I think any apple user can take great advantage of it.

Pros

Final Cut Pro is a great video editor for the apple user who is only looking to make simple edits, this software can automatically trim our video to fit the dimensions of any social media. This video editor has custom overlays to adjust the design of our text and graphics.

Final Cut Pro is optimized to offer better performance on the new generation of Mac computers. So if you have one of these PC's you will be able to render your projects much faster.

In my opinion, if you are looking for a friendly video editor that allows you to make projects comfortably on your mac for any social network, final cut pro is a great option.

Cons

Final Cut Pro is expensive for the features it offers, it's a really simple video editor, and can offer us resources to make great videos for our social networks, but it's a very limited software when we want to create complex projects, for a lower price we can access video editors aimed at a more professional audience. Final Cut Pro bets on the creation of linear videos, leaving aside many functions to create a further elaborate work.

If you're a video editing professional and you are looking for software that allows you to handle all aspects of our post-production, I would recommend you to look for another video editor, because most of the time you will be very limited by the features of Final Cut Pro.

Tyson M.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Only for full time, casual users are screwed

Reviewed on 10/5/2022

If someone has endless time to watch YouTube tutorials and call customer service, it’s probably fine. Normal people have no prayer

Pros

It used to be fairly easy to use basic functions to make simple videos. Then if I wanted to try some advanced features. But it’s a nightmare to export and upload to other sites

Cons

I literally can’t even get a photo to upload. I used to drag and drop, and use the basic functions easily. I can’t even get one photo into my project’s timeline.
Wasted 2 hours

Jonathan G.

Industry Standard Video Editing Software without needing a degree in Adobe-speak

Reviewed on 4/4/2022

I run my business with Final Cut Pro. We are a full service video content production outfit. We make video content for ads, blogs and industry leading operations - everything from social media ads and recipe videos all the way to funnel oriented sales videos and B2B conference reels.

Final Cut Pro is the canvas that allows us to create these works. It makes everything we do possible. When I first started editing video, I tried Adobe Premiere. I didn't hate it, but it seemed unnecessarily complicated.

Someone told me to try Final Cut Pro. Since then, I haven't looked back. Adobe Premiere is fine if you want to learn the Adobe ecosystem. It's also beneficial to learn so you can integrate other programs, such as AfterEffects. I learned enough about Adobe to use AfterEffects and then integrate it into Final Cut Pro. That's how much I enjoy using Final Cut Pro.

Pros

The ease of use for multiple levels of difficulty. I'm a power user. I use it daily to create productions for brands, ad agencies and content creators. After 7+ years, I'd consider myself a higher level user.

With that said, a complete novice could spend five minutes with Final Cut Pro and develop enough knowledge to put together elementary level edits.

The software can be used as lightly or as heavily as needed for any job. Everything is easy to find. Unlike Adobe Premiere, there are no ridiculously complex processes to learn before being able to operate the software. It is industry-level technology with a plug-and-play design.

Cons

Lack of support for older OSX. I currently run Catalina, because my Mac was future-proofed seven years ago. It still runs better than most mid-to-high level Windows PCs. I haven't been able to upgrade to the newer version because my machine isn't updatable past Catalina.

They can also improve the plugin installation process. Currently (not unlike other programs) you have to know how to navigate the root folder to add/subtract additional plugins. It could be easier.

VEGAS Pro, Adobe Premiere Pro, DaVinci Resolve and iMovie

Reasons for Choosing Final Cut Pro

Adobe Premiere is an entirely different language. It needs to be learned and practiced in application BEFORE you can begin using the software. Final Cut Pro is intuitive and easy to learn. There's no set rules to follow or obnoxious processes to understand in order to operate the software. Adobe Premiere is powerful, but Final Cut Pro is just as powerful (if not more in some respects) without needing to "read the operation manual"

Reasons for Switching to Final Cut Pro

Ease of use, ability to scale skill-level with the software, simplistic UX with extremely powerful editing tools, expandability. Adobe Premiere is a stick shift. Good to learn and useful in some arenas, but overall unnecessarily complicated. Final Cut Pro is the smooth automatic transition that we should all be using.
Cushi M.

An intuitive, easy to learn PRO video editing software.

Reviewed on 25/1/2022

I use Final Cut to edit e-course videos, YouTube videos, and sometimes even videos for Facebook and Instagram. It gets the job done well. It's easy to understand and navigate. It's great for novice video editors and full-out pros. It's a great, versatile software that's really a pleasure to work with.

Pros

I love that this software is accessible. Content creation is a rapidly growing industry and Apple was insightful enough to make a high-quality video editing product that anyone can learn to master.

Cons

The worst part about this software is the stock effects. At this point, it would be better for Apple to pay creators to utilize their custom cuts, LUTs, sounds, titles, etc than to keep pretending that the pre-installed ones are of professional quality. Using the built-in effects can make videos look cheap and low quality.

VEGAS Pro, Filmora and Adobe Premiere Pro

Reasons for Choosing Final Cut Pro

Final Cut was just soooooooooo much easier to navigate. Sooooo much easier to understand. Sooooooo much easier to figure out. As a self taught video editor, this was what really set Final Cut Pro apart from the rest.

Reasons for Switching to Final Cut Pro

I chose Final Cut based on the usability. It was easier to use and understand as I've mentioned in detail above.
  • Industry: Design

Final Cut Pro- the best software for wedding videographers!

Reviewed on 12/12/2021

Amazing!!

Pros

I love how easy it was to learn this software, and how fast I can get things done. Being able to color grade, upload my own luts, and basically create anything I have in mind is amazing!

Cons

The only downfall for me is that mine crashes a lot- probably because I use it so often!

Adobe After Effects

Reasons for Choosing Final Cut Pro

I was having to look up how to do everything that I was wanting, and it was talking up to much time!

Adobe After Effects

The ease of using it!
Oumarou S.

I switched only because of the Mac OS not for the tool

Reviewed on 10/6/2022

Pros

I had a very good experience with Final Cut Pro. I loved using it. it is easy an intuitive. I just switched when I replaced my MacBook Air with a gaming windows pc

Cons

I hate that Apple didn’t let this software run on all OS

Stella G.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

The app for Apple users

Reviewed on 5/5/2022

Great experience!!

Pros

If you have Apple products I should say the best way to go is with Final Cut Pro. The design is beautiful and intelligent and I am sure you can even make very good materials. A feature I like more is its capacity to detect faces and objects.

Cons

I think that starting using the features of this software takes an amount of time. I could also add the price.

Andrew W.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

FCP- is the deep end but also not as scary as it seems

Reviewed on 17/5/2022

Really helped the team 'level up' our editing and allowed novices to produce nearly pro-level product without hours and hours of learning.

Pros

You can do nearly everything you would ever need for editing within the software.

Cons

Easy to try to do too much. There are controls for many many elements that are best left to professionals and not noobs.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Good software but could use better layout

Reviewed on 23/6/2022

Pros

The rendering is quick and everything is smooth on a m1 Mac

Cons

The layout could be more user friendly and more effects should be available, plus the supported codec for output is quite limited

Abegail R.

Final Cut Rendering and Exporting Issues

Reviewed on 4/11/2021

Pros

Final Cut Pro is an easy to use beginner-friendly app. I started using this app first to get the basics of video editing in terms of the language, effects etc, after which I migrated to other platforms that did the same thing. The ease of access never measured up to that of Final Cut Pro so I ended up switching over back to Final Cut Pro. A great thing about it is that it doesn't utilize a lot of my battery percentage so I can get longevity on my battery life when using the software. I would recommend this software to a beginner in the world of video editing.

Cons

Ater fully editing my project I was ready and eager to export for use. The rendering process took almost forever to complete but I understood based on the nature of the task. After it completed rendering I left it overnight to export. When I got up to check the project it was at 27 PERCENT!!! I cancelled it and retried and it sat there for hours before it could be exported. I had to put off my presentation. I wished there was a prompt that indicated the issue that hindered exporting.

Claud W.

Mixed emotions

Reviewed on 2/11/2021

My overall experience with Final Cut Pro was really really nice at that time, really loved the ease of use and just generally everything about it would be highly recommended especially now in 2021, Final Cut Pro is really improving even with their latest updates! Oh my Gosh!! Am thinking of switching back to using it than using Priemere pro cause that has the error bug messages.

Pros

This software is very easy to use, once it's opened on your system everything is just there, very easy to cut, add transitions and colour grade, My best feature was using the chroma key or ultra key cause I really love filming using ta green screen and all I had to do is search "Chroma key" and drag n' drop.

Cons

this is where I've got mixed feels cause at the time of using the software back in 2015 - 2017, don't get me wrong it was a really nice software at the time but I wanted to do so much more like some really nice transitions and motion graphics or graphics, however, I felt so limited so because of that I made the switch to Adobe Premiere Pro cause it offered so much more plus that's what the pros were using, so that caused me to jump ship

David R.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

All In A Day's Work

Reviewed on 13/4/2022

There are two types of video editing software. Overly simple and overly complicated. Final Cut sits bang in the middle. Fairly easy to use but with a lot of power under the hood. It allows me to quickly turn around a lot of work.

Pros

I use the caption feature extensively so that our teaching videos comply with accessibility regulations. The auto-generated captions that Google, Stream etc. produce are often wildly inaccurate, and Final Cut Pro allows me to tweak the till my heart's content. Audio editing is very good allowing me to easily take out pops and gaps. My favourite feature I the 'flow' transition which works like some kind of magic is happening.

Cons

You are rather limited in output formats and you sometimes have to jump through a few hoops to get something done, but compared to Premiere it's pretty easy to get to grips with.

Andrew H.

A (Final) Cut Above

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

We're using FCPX to rapidly edit and create media for clients. Using that on our new M1 Macs has sped up our editing process and the magnetic timeline only helps with that. Great work Apple.

Pros

As with all Apple software, it's intuitive. Things are where they should be and although there's a steep curve to adapt to it, it's quickly overcome.

Cons

It looks complex. Adobe software comes with a lot of guidance, FCPX doesn't seem to have that, I felt thrown in at the deep end.

Adobe Premiere Pro and DaVinci Resolve

Reasons for Choosing Final Cut Pro

Using Apple hardware, FCPX had better performance.

Integrates well with Apple products
Carlos R.
  • Industry: Import & Export

The best video editor, no discussion.

Reviewed on 1/11/2021

Fantastic, creating content in Final Cut is something I really enjoy, although my first passion is photography, video creation also occupies an important place in my life, and with this software that passion becomes even more interesting.

Pros

Let's start by emphasizing that it's an Apple product, and like everything from Apple, it's perfectly developed, design and integrated into the ecosystem.
The editing functions are so many, the effects and transitions are beautiful and useful, and, although I don't consider it easy to use, I don't consider it difficult either, with some practice you learn to use it and it becomes very fun to create audiovisual content there.
Finally, the rendering speed is lightning fast, the fastest of all video editing programs.

Cons

Absolutely nothing, and I'm being totally neutral.

Craig C.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Final Cut Pro is Perfect for Beginners

Reviewed on 31/12/2021

This software has satisfied our needs ten-fold. We’ve created dozens of microlearnings using it and other smaller videos. It’s easy to use/beginner friendly but also powerful enough to do some really cool stuff.

Pros

Ease of use. Previously, I have only used iMovie. All of a sudden I was asked to produce microlearnings for our new LMS and Final Cut Pro was the software chosen. I felt at home immediately. I get better and better each month and I owe that to the layout and accessibility of the software itself.

Cons

I have no qualms for the software at all. If anything, I want to take the next step with my video editing skills and know I must seek training and/or instructional videos.

Matias C.
  • Industry: Music

Best Best Best!

Reviewed on 2/10/2021

My experience with Final Cut Pro is excellent and satisfying.

Pros

What I like the most about Final Cut Pro is how easy it is to use and the quality of it.

Cons

There is nothing that I did not like there but I can say that the amount of tools is overwhelming and complete.

My Go To NLE Software

Reviewed on 21/2/2022

Pros

The magnetic timeline is unparalleled and the fact it's a one time payment make it very worth the money.

Cons

Having the option to be able to separate media into tracks would be helpful.

Patrick P.
  • Industry: Individual & Family Services
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Love & Hate Relationship

Reviewed on 7/2/2022

Pros

I was looking for a first time video editing software. Of course of trial basis. With a 90 day trial this was my choice. It was easy to navigate and the pre customized effects and designs were easy to use. i learnt to edit videos quickly. Cost wise, i feel it is better than monthly subscriptions payments

Cons

I got a bit overwhelmed with the steep learning curve required. The final cut pro third party effects seems quite expensive though readily available. the available resources such as effects and designs are easily editable. i could blame this on my inexperience with the software at the time.

Majeed mohammed M.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Intuitive features, great projects!!

Reviewed on 27/10/2021

My first experience with Final Cut was on the FCP7, while collaborating with a marketing agency handling promotional content for a side hustle I was launching. Seeing how seamless the guy was breezing through the creation process pushed me to give it a try myself for a subsequent project. The price was higher than I thought, but was absolutely worth it.

Pros

It handles a wide variety of input formats, and has never struggled with any of them. I also find the output file preconfigured options quite useful, meaning I don't have to manually tinker with the output settings to tailor my videos for whatever particular purpose it is intended. I only get to point and pick. Another great thing about Final Cut is the user interface, just as most other apple products, absolutely beautiful and functional.

Cons

Integration options with non-apple products is either too difficult or completely non-existent.

Luciano Z.

Great (but expensive) solution if you love the Apple ecosystem

Reviewed on 11/2/2022

A pleasant software to use, that puts you at ease and is slowly discovered as you use it. The interface is well thought out, just to avoid being scared and overwhelmed by buttons and various options. The limitation of not being able to share with Windows users is definitely worth considering if you work in a team.

Pros

This software is really intuitive and easy to use. The buttons are well placed and the rendering is handled flawlessly, making the workflow nice and smooth.

Cons

Compared to other software, you might consider the price challenging ($300 or so). I would like it if there was an internal search engine for transitions, also external and paid.

Chris S.
  • Industry: Photography

Great Software for Video Editing

Reviewed on 2/3/2022

Overall the Final Cut allows you to create beautiful pieces of art and donut quickly .

Pros

I love the fact that you can link it with other software and have a seamless interaction for your needs.

Cons

It take a little bit to learn how to use all aspects of the software.

Emily G.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Great Video Editing Software (esp. for Beginners!)

Reviewed on 1/4/2022

Pros

I first found this software when I was working at a summer camp as the video coordinator. I took lots of pictures and videos for website use, social media, and sharing a slideshow at the end of each camp week. Final Cut Pro made the editing process super easy and simple, especially when I was working on a time crunch. I love the ease of use, the affordable pricing, and more.

Cons

Honestly, there wasn't too much that I didn't like about this software. I do use Premire Pro now more often, but only because I work with so many of the other Adobe apps that it makes sense.

Trenacia E.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Love this!

Reviewed on 12/3/2022

As a singer and amateur editor this has become my best friend.
The pandemic saw the increase of virtual concerts and I’ve been able to produce professional looking videos to my presentations!

Pros

Although this is quite a robust tool I was able to manoeuvre through it as a beginner.

Cons

I find it crashes too much for my liking; the spinning beach ball of death is cruel.
Still a great product!

Ogochukwu O.

Final Cut Pro Is Lit

Reviewed on 5/1/2022

Final Cut Pro is one of the top video editing tools like Adobe Premiere Pro that I suggest.

Pros

The tool is packed with the necessary resources needed to create any kind of video.

Cons

Mastering the tool want that easy, it really took me a week or so to fully master how to use Final Cut Pro.

Christy A.

Final Cut Pro - Professional Video production workspace

Reviewed on 13/10/2021

Great for rendering professional standard videos. Despite the learning curve can be steep, Final Cut Pro can do it all.

Pros

The many effects featured on Final Cut allow advanced editing, provided enough cpu. The time flex options operate as expected, image correction, master fx and many import/export possibilities render this software limitless.

Cons

To properly run this software on any large scale project, a high end mac is required as rendering times can be long. Not really best software for on the go/mobile production, yet this is not what was advertised. The audio editing possibilities remain basic but sufficient all the same. It is a rather expensive piece of software.