Cyber Hawk

5/5

Filter by

Robert
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

CyberHawk - Loads of value here!

Reviewed on 30/9/2019

Overall I'm happy with the product, I don't see my self cancelling it any time soon and for the number of client's I have it deployed at it's a really low monthly fee.

Pros

We have been happy to deploy this software across our clients, including break-fix clients in an effort to align them into our best practices.

It's a fantastic tool for a sanity check and internal vulnerability management, OpenVAS was tried in the past but difficult to centrally manage, this integrates directly into our RMM.

It's also useful for auditing changes to AD, network shares and new devices that appear on the network. It fills a gap left behind by ALL RMM platforms I've seen. While not a full SIEM solution as I've used it, it's great for the clients who can't afford a $2,000.00/month spend on to bring one in.

I have yet to try the Breach Detection system.

Many of the auditing features are nice checks/balances to ensure your RMM is working and can alert you to unexpected changes.

I find it especially valuable to deploy at break-fix clients, my cost is about 300.00 to purchase a refurbished computer. I have it email the client about issues directly, then they can choose to alert us. This way they are aware of the problem(s) and can choose to have us correct them, also it demonstrates the value in a proper Managed Services agreement.

Cons

CVSS Scores based on an older specification, not the latest 3.1 leading to some confusion.

Single Ticket created in RMM for all issues, this makes it difficult to split out the task and requires a person to create separate tickets, alternatively, you can have it not create tickets by default and manually create a ticket via the integration. One ticket per host IMHO would be best but noisy.