VSDC Video Editor

Video editing software for designers

4.6/5

• Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Pro Video Editing at its Best

Reviewed on 18/2/2021

Overall, this product is excellent as it brings professional video ideas come to life, and not to mention it is comparable to Hollywood video editors. I think the only difference is clearly the sophisticated filming tools being used to capture the videos

Pros

I was thrilled to learn the Chroma Key function as I'd like to remove the video background and replace it with another one. For me, this is like Photoshop picture background removal but the video version.
In relation to that, the use of shooting green screen on the background is something we see on Hollywood movie shooting, which is basically what the software's technology is using.

Not only this, but I like how smooth video transitions are, the overlapping of effects can even be done seamlessly, the speed can be easily adjusted for the slow motion or fast forward effect as long as the video framerate can handle it, and the text or logo watermarking. Also, I like how there's the video stabilization function as some of my raw videos are not so perfectly still, as well the crisp video support of HD resolution.

Cons

Although it is not a major thing but changes to the interface is a bit confusing especially when you're used to finding a particular function on a certain tab on the app already. Sometimes, it can be hard using timeline as it overlaps and it can be very overwhelming when there are a lot of elements and changes to track down. I remember having a similar problem with Shotcut in which text elements from one clip can overlap and bleeds thru the other especially when it has text effects applied to it. It is the same with VSDC. And of course it would be awesome to have a preview of the edited video before exporting it as it saves time, because exports for big files takes a bit of time.

Wulliams
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

A software with which I have learned to edit videos.

Reviewed on 27/10/2018

Pros

In our work it is very important to manage video editing in order to immortalize our activities and cultural events. Based on this premise, I took the task of looking for a software for my team that would allow us to edit videos and adapt them to our demands, and that's how I got this software.

To be honest, I learned to use this software thanks to tutorials and it was very easy to learn how to use it. Vsdc Video Editor, is a non-linear video editing software that has a good amount of tools, such as combining images and videos in a single editing thread, creating custom sequences and high quality. You can also add several layers, transparencies, place objects in the middle of the scene. In addition to this, Vsdc Video Editor has the ability to convert any video file, this feature is perhaps the most used in our work environment, since many of the videos that come to us to be included in the edition come in different formats, but the software quickly converts them into the format we want to use. This fabulous software is free and has helped me in my work to learn how to edit in a very easy and efficient way, increasing our production of audiovisual content.

Cons

It is a software that has served as my mentor for video editing, and every day I learn more about editing thanks to it, although I have observed other software with more tools and benefits than VSDC Video Editor , I would not change this software for anything because I think that with the options it offers and how easy it is to use, gives me more performance than other software with more editing tools but much more difficult to use.

This for me is a solid enough argument that makes me recommend the software, I find no negative feature to mention in this software.

Abel

Create, edit, perfection.

Reviewed on 11/8/2019

VSDC is one of the most used video editors. It can be used for anything, from small advertisements to short films. It only gets amazing with the pro pack.

Pros

One of the best video editing softwares out there. It has a ton of loaded features which can suite any of our needs. It allows a great deal of text editing which is really useful. It uses simple drag and drop method and editing using the timeline is also very easy. Reversing, managing the speed and duration can be done with one click using this editor.

Cons

The software is a little bulky and it cannot be used efficently in a lighter computer. It would have been better if they had a life version for pc and a simple one for mobile.

• Industry: Media Production
  • Used for 2+ years

VSDC Free Video Editor is a force to be reckoned with... too bad it's only for Windows

Reviewed on 13/12/2018

The experience has been great when it comes to features, so-so when it comes to general user-friendliness. I would recommend this to any Windows owner looking for a robust alternative to paid software suites of the same type.

Pros

The pros of VSDC Free Video Editor are overwhelming. The program has all of the basic features of video editing software. However, it has many features that are uncommon, especially among other freeware. First of all, the software lets users adjust the size of videos on screen and move, or animate, them through the use of "sprites." This inevitably takes some getting used to, but it's a nifty feature nonetheless. Secondly, VSDC makes it possible to remove the green screen background from footage (aka chroma key). Finally, VSDC Free Video Editor is part of a greater suite of software backed by the same company. This integration means users can go beyond the power of the program and do things like video conversion with only a few clicks. Also noteable, the software's interface looks modern and intuitive.

Cons

The interface looks beautiful on the outside, but in reality it's a bit clunky. This shows through with the choppy render previews and lack of "snapping" in the video timeline.

Kobie

VSDC is a full featured (free) or advanced (pro) Video editor you can grow with

Reviewed on 30/11/2021

Overall VSDC is a great full featured (free version) and great advanced (Pro subscription) video editor for those looking to start in video editing with the tools they can learn as they grow to more advanced stages.
It is a remarkable video editor for either the free price or the pro price. For the cost of about 4 McDonalds meals per year, you can have a great video editor.

Pros

I liked the initial ease of use, and vast array of options such as being able to highlight text with custom colored boxes, circles, ovals etc.

Cons

To make most advanced adjustments there's no sliders. You have to know the equation for X, Y and Z axis and adjust the parameters by changing numbers with no visual scale or slider. I'm a visual person working with a visual focused (video) software so the decision to omit sliders is an odd one.

GLOUYTH

The Video Record gets cracked

Reviewed on 21/4/2019

Overall i will give thumbs up for this app, i was using this on my video vlogging for a year and a half and this software is awesome. I will highly recommend this software to all.

Pros

I like it much because its user friendly and easy to understand even without knowledge in video editing specially those who just started their vlogging

Cons

Recently, its been 3 days now, whenever i do a screen record, when i tried to play it the record is always cracked and i need to do it over and over again until it wont crack. Its hassle in my part and i dont want to change another software because this one is easy to use. I hope this issues will be resolved.

Djordje

Great for (serious) beginners

Reviewed on 29/3/2020

The longer I work in VSDC, the more satisfied I am. I learned how to go around some quirks and hot to get most of it.

Pros

I am not a professional in this field, so for me, the best thing is that I was able, reasonably fast, to grasp the concept, and to start using the software. Later, as my understanding of the video production was growing, I did recover more zip and trick on how to use VSDC

Cons

The free version is somewhat limited, but the limitations are not well explained. The Pro version is top.

Shakkhar

Best Video editing software to test paid features in free

Reviewed on 24/7/2020

Well, I'm a professional freelancer and I was once looking out for a free video editing software for promoting my services by making videos. But most of the video making software programs are gives paid selections or 7 days free trial version. Then in the end I find the software via youtube and the most interesting thing is that it offers me to test many paid features in free.

Pros

[1] Offers paid features such as video converter, disc burner, 2k/4k video supporter.
[2] Also provides a free screen recorder and video capture.
[3] Provide video tutorials for making the software user friendly.
[4] Consume low memory(RAM).

Cons

I used its VSDC Screen recorder during taking my online classes in ZOOM, but it makes my PC slow to work. Also when I click on start drawing button and attempt to move the VSDC screen recorder bar, its got stuck & didn't move if I not stop the drwing option .

Trina
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Acceptable software for video editing

Reviewed on 1/10/2018

Pros

In our publishing house we were looking for a software that would allow us to make video editions about the baptisms of our books and professional publications. While looking for software that would adapt to our needs we got VSDC, an excellent software that allows us among many things, to edit high quality videos, adding layers, animations, music or audio tracks, audiovisual effects and text to our videos, providing them with great audiovisual quality which is what we look for in our editorial when we are going to do the promotion of a cultural product.

Cons

The work of editing videos, in itself, requires certain technical knowledge that must be put into practice to generate large audiovisual productions. This, to a certain extent represents a problem for our workers since not everyone can use this software and we had to hire an editor to get what we were looking for with the videos we currently edit.

Gonzalo
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Used for 1+ year

VSDC As an entry level software for editing videos

Reviewed on 1/7/2021

In our company, we were required to create a "virtual tour" through some local plants.
Recordings of video and voice overs were recorded, split and put together with this software, making life easier.

Pros

I enjoyed the ease of use of this product, since little knowledge of video editing is required to produce great pieces of content.
Effects of audio and video are a righ-click away.

Cons

If you are using the free version, the render is slow.
There is a significant but not huge difference on the render speed if you use the paid version.
Effects are very good, you get what you pay for.

Kris
  • Industry: Computer Games

Powerful, yet easy to use

Reviewed on 8/9/2019

I've been able to create high quality videos for inclusion in the video games my company produces thanks to VSDC, and don't have any plans to switch to another video editor anytime soon.

Pros

VSDC combines an intuitive interface with powerful features designed to allow the end user to create remarkable videos, complete with animations and even includes professional Hollywood type features such as chroma-keying, more commonly referred to as the "green screen" effect. The program does a great job of combining powerful video editing features with easy of use, and really helps to streamline the entire multimedia editing and production process.

Cons

Earlier versions of VSDC seemed a have a few software bugs here and there when performing certain features, however, these wrinkles seemed to have been ironed out in the most recent releases.

Laurie
  • Used for 2+ years

AVS Video Editor a must try and enjoy

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

As an older newbie to video editors, now that I have the time to do my To Do List as I am retired, I tried out a lot of different video editors. So many of them left me frustrated with unfinished projects that I gave up on. AVS Video Editor changed that for me as I am sure it has many others. If you have been frustrated or think you cannot do this please try AVS Video Editor, I have so many FINISHED a projects now. I have made a library of each of my grandchildren that I can now just keep adding more and more videos to for the. When they are older, after all we all know parents have the best intentions to do them just never seem the time to get to them raising their families. What a great gift from grandma and grandpa to leave for them.

Pros

After trying out many other options which left me frustrated, I tried AVS Video Editor and was amazed at how easy it was to use and complete projects.

Cons

Not having more time before now to use it as much as I do now.

Dragan
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Very good video editor

Reviewed on 9/10/2020

Creating and editing videos like a PRO!

Pros

VSDC video editor is a program that someone without previous knowledge like me can use, edit and create excellent video content!

Cons

Voice recorder could be more implemented with video editor (preview of video while recording voice-over).

Shotcut

Reasons for Switching to VSDC Video Editor

Ease of use.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

A powerful video editor even beginners can use

Reviewed on 19/5/2021

This software was used for editing lengthy videos taken during construction of various structures on site. The videos needed to be edited to bite sized portions suitable for presentations. VSDC Video Editor proved to be reliable handling these high resolution videos of long duration without a hiccup. I would recommend it to anyone.

Pros

The intuitive user interface of this software is brilliant. Despite never having any previous experience with video editing software I was able to grasp how it worked within a matter of hours. Video cutting and splitting is a breeze, only requiring clicking and dragging with the mouse, nothing complicated.

Cons

Exporting edited videos can sometimes be time consuming and taxing on a computer.

Dupleix
  • Industry: Photography

Why you should absolutely use vsdc editor

Reviewed on 25/5/2020

Pros

Free to download
No water Mark
Professional linear editor
User friendly
Build in special effects
Screen recording capabilities
Good for beginners in video editing
Don't take much space in your hard drive

Cons

Some features are available only in pro version, such as voice over,

• Industry: Graphic Design

VSDC Regular Usage Review

Reviewed on 13/5/2022

My Overall VSDC experience was not really that well.

Pros

I like this software's various features and its abilities.

Cons

I dislike this software's features; the accessibility and the useability of the features.

Frank

Free Editor Best Bang for your buck!!

Reviewed on 5/2/2020

Honestly, it works great and I really enjoy the save feature so all I have to do is insert the videos and the beginning and end are already set up to go.

Pros

That the free version is just as good as the paid version, which is only $20 something a year with free updates.. Easy to use and to the point. Great Youtube videos to guide newbies like me through the cool editing hacks. Can convert for multiple formats to upload too.

Cons

Make sure you download the right version 32/64 to your rig otherwise it won't work.. Crashing problems when working with larger vids so SAVE OFTEN..

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Used for 1-5 months

A Useful, but Unintuitive Solution

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

We turned to VSDC while trying to finish some hurried video work, after encountering a fatal technical glitch in our standard video-editing platform. While we appreciated some of the unusual features of VSDC, and its modest resource-load, we were ultimately grateful to leave the UI and workflow behind when the glitch with our other solution was resolved.

Pros

It’s free.
It consumes fewer computer resources relative to some competitors.
Stacking effects and transitions into each clip allows for some unique editing options.

Cons

The interface was jarring.
The workflow was significantly different than other industry-standard platforms like DaVinci Resolve, Lightworks, or Premiere Pro.
Figuring out how to do things required a time-consuming process of watching YouTube tutorials.

Ogochukwu

The Developer Did A Good Job

Reviewed on 5/1/2022

Making videos is fun while using the tool. Import, pick resources, cut, join and export your video. That's how you do it on VSDC.

Pros

Other free video editors lack many of the features found in VSDC, so that's why VSDC is unique.

Cons

VSDC interface isn't particularly user-friendly, it has some significant limits, and the free version effectively slows down the processing speed of your videos.

Debjit
  • Industry: Information Services

My simple basic video editor.

Reviewed on 31/10/2018

VSDC pro is awesome for starting a video channel or make an awesome home video for a fraction cost of a what premium video. If you need to use advanced features like transaction slo-mo than try some other more premium software. I think for this price its a steal.

Pros

I can now edit my home videos with ease. I love the simplicity of this software. I can use all the tools available to create an awesome video from clips. Add more timeline and create an awesome home video. Create tutorial for my users and how-tos. Create videos from my picture is an awesome experience and it makes it flawless.

Cons

It is not very organise. Cant import more then one videon at a time. Not many effect to apply for your video. iIt just get your work done.

Clive

VSDC video editor review

Reviewed on 2/2/2020

Pros

Really easy to use and has all the necessary tools for a newbie really great software

Cons

There isn't much negative about it. It would be great if itt has its own video templates and also copyright free audio to use as well

Driton

VSDC Video Editor

Reviewed on 23/2/2019

Easy to use and easy to learn for beginners

Pros

Free version great for us,great tools available to edit a wedding clips quickly.

Cons

Has a limited number of transitions, filters and effects

Seth
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used for Free Trial

Good video editing software

Reviewed on 11/4/2020

I have tried multiple video editing softwares but this one is definitely a standout.

Pros

I am not the most computer savvy individual so I like that this software is easy to use for beginners. The screen grab feature is also a plus.

Cons

I have ran into a few bugs while making some videos. Nothing huge, have not had any big problems with this software.

Douglas

Video Editing software that a novice can handle

Reviewed on 11/4/2018

Pros

We use free version to edit videos of vehicles we have for sale. It is very easy to use and supports multiple formats. End quality is excellent.

Cons

VSDC video editor has a limited number of transitions, filters and effects. Sometimes it wants to hang while rendering , but that may be my old computer.

Armando
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

VSCD review

Reviewed on 17/4/2019

Pros

VSCD is very usefull for edit videos with a lot of tools like color correction special efects and change the video archive for export and esasy to use

Cons

the free program is very limited and i dont have a tutorial for learn advanced resources only for the basic