VSDC Video Editor Reviews

VSDC Video Editor

Video editing software for designers

4.6/5
4.4/5
4.3/5
4.3/5

Ben
Ben

Easy to use, fantastic effects

Reviewed on 27/7/2022

It was good when I first tried it a few years ago, but it's continued to improve. The workflow is easy and intuitive, and the effects are what I'd expect in an expensive product.

Pros

I've found VSDC to have an intuitive workflow and a robust selection of amazing effects. It has everything I need (and then some) to easily make the music videos I'm working on. And the finished products are top-notch professional quality I'm confident in sharing with the public.

Cons

There's not much I dislike about VSDC. If I had to pick something, maybe having to pay for premium features, but the price is practically free (less for a whole year than Adobe Premier is for one month), so I don't have any complaints at all.

• Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Still relevant to-date. I love it!

Reviewed on 29/10/2022

VSDC is still very relevant up to date. It is timeless and has a lot to offer at an affordable price. I still use it for its simplicity.

Pros

Very versatile and loaded video editor with all functionalities for remarkable video editing. The VSDC has a very familiar user interface to applications like VideoPad. It was an easy pick for my first-time video editing practice and I loved it. From the onset of video import to export, every step is very easy for any user with or without video editing experience. The import function is able to detect the video properties such as FPS, Format size, Aspect ratio and even bitrates. These parameters can be adjusted when creating a new project depending on the intended user platform such as YouTube etc. The drag and drop feature to the scene/timeline is also very useful and eliminates any complications with the timeline. I find the editor commands and naming a bit unconventional but very relatable to anyone from a point of normal understanding of videos. For example, when separating audio from video, many applications such Adobe Premiere Pro or Magix Video Pro X would have the option to ‘unlink’ the video and audio. In VSDC such function is done by choosing ‘don’t use audio’ or split to video and audio. This is very easy to understand for a person trying/learning video editing for the first time.

Cons

Its non-conventional video editing options became problematic when I tried switching to other applications such as Adobe Premiere Pro. I had learnt so much with VSDC but felt like I was back to ground zero. With that said, I would still pick it up again for first time video editing.

Abel

Create, edit, perfection.

Reviewed on 11/8/2019

VSDC is one of the most used video editors. It can be used for anything, from small advertisements to short films. It only gets amazing with the pro pack.

Pros

One of the best video editing softwares out there. It has a ton of loaded features which can suite any of our needs. It allows a great deal of text editing which is really useful. It uses simple drag and drop method and editing using the timeline is also very easy. Reversing, managing the speed and duration can be done with one click using this editor.

Cons

The software is a little bulky and it cannot be used efficently in a lighter computer. It would have been better if they had a life version for pc and a simple one for mobile.

Karasinghe Arachchige
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees
  • Used for 6-12 months

Reviewed on 17/10/2019

This Software can be crowned as the best video editing software to produce in this decade for a reasonable price. Before we purchase the pro version we had to utilize the software to experience the effectiveness of the software to our company. Indeed, it has exceeded our expectations as this helped our organization to produce a plethora of videos to attract customers and meet the sales targets. This has many handy features that help us to make various videos with the picture in picture and side videos. Last but not least we can use this to produce solid graphs for presentations also. I highly recommend this tool for your video editing purpose.

Pros

1. Allow users to experience maximum features to make quality videos in the free edition.
2. Quite easy to learn as icons on the interface help to interpret the outcome for the edit.
3. Return on investment is beyond the limit since the price of the software is relatively low compared to the competitive brands in the market
4. Enable to export the completed video to various formats (YouTube, Instagram, and social networks)
5. The resolution, encoder mode and aspect correction can configure to have a low size video without losing great quality from videos.
6. Making green screen video can be done less than minutes.
7. Advance features are enabled to make text, parallax and rewind effects for videos.

Cons

1. Fewer shortcut keys to acquire the desired output within seconds
2. Object position setting not placing to the right place in the timeline, though given the right command
3. Too many icons sometimes hinder the editing time.
4. Screen capture not having continuous smoothness
5. Need to add a shortcut key in the interface to contact a support person 24/7 to support creators

Jason
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Solid option for video editing

Reviewed on 11/2/2021

It's the best option I've found to fit my needs. As far as the editing tools go, they offer more options than most even in the free version. Works well on any system I've used it on and has some good features for adding text, including music or other sound files and adjusting the color and feel of the complete product using filters.

Pros

1. The fact that they have a free version is always a plus. They show ads for the paid version but do not penalize you in any way if you opt to stick to the free one. They don't even add a watermark. 2. Works even on my older PC, doesn't strain the system like many video editors. 3. Easy to use import and export features to start and complete your project. You don't really have to mess with converting anything which saves a lot of time. 4. You have a lot of control over the file type and sizes when you are finished.

Cons

1. The layout is a little difficult to manage at first. It takes some work to figure out where to find things. 2. Previewing your videos can also come with challenges while you are editing. 3. Working with the timeline feature can be frustrating if you are using layers. It can be hard to avoid overlapping.

• Industry: Media Production
  • Used for 2+ years

VSDC Free Video Editor is a force to be reckoned with... too bad it's only for Windows

Reviewed on 13/12/2018

The experience has been great when it comes to features, so-so when it comes to general user-friendliness. I would recommend this to any Windows owner looking for a robust alternative to paid software suites of the same type.

Pros

The pros of VSDC Free Video Editor are overwhelming. The program has all of the basic features of video editing software. However, it has many features that are uncommon, especially among other freeware. First of all, the software lets users adjust the size of videos on screen and move, or animate, them through the use of "sprites." This inevitably takes some getting used to, but it's a nifty feature nonetheless. Secondly, VSDC makes it possible to remove the green screen background from footage (aka chroma key). Finally, VSDC Free Video Editor is part of a greater suite of software backed by the same company. This integration means users can go beyond the power of the program and do things like video conversion with only a few clicks. Also noteable, the software's interface looks modern and intuitive.

Cons

The interface looks beautiful on the outside, but in reality it's a bit clunky. This shows through with the choppy render previews and lack of "snapping" in the video timeline.

Most beginner friendly video editing software

Reviewed on 26/1/2021

Overall, VSDC Video Editor is an amazing software for those who have a limited budget. It is inexpensive and allows users to create high quality content with ease (if you know what you are doing).

Pros

What I liked most about VSDC is that you did not need to purchase it in order to be able to edit and create a video. It allows users to use majority of their feature for free. VSDC is very simple to use. When it comes to video editing all I had to do was select a video I wanted to edit from the folder where my video was saved. VSDC also enabled me to crop videos, add audio, text, effects, transitions, and much more. This allowed me, a student with no video editing background, create flawless videos.

Cons

What I disliked most about VSDC is that they did not have a tutorial available to watch the first time using their software. As a user with no video editing background it was overwhelming to use at first. I had to go out of my way and learn everything before being able to use the software.

Gonzalo
Gonzalo
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Used for 1+ year

VSDC As an entry level software for editing videos

Reviewed on 1/7/2021

In our company, we were required to create a "virtual tour" through some local plants.
Recordings...

Recordings of video and voice overs were recorded, split and put together with this software, making life easier.

Pros

I enjoyed the ease of use of this product, since little knowledge of video editing is required to produce great pieces of content.
Effects of audio and video are a righ-click away.

Cons

If you are using the free version, the render is slow.
There is a significant but not huge difference on the render speed if you use the paid version.
Effects are very good, you get what you pay for.

• Used for 1-5 months

A video editor with a lot of useful features

Reviewed on 10/11/2019

The overall experience of using the video editor is quite favorable as it provides a wide variety of useful features to make amazing videos. Even the free version of the software contains lot of useful and amazing effects and other editing options that can help to create interesting and beautiful videos. The paid version contains even more helpful features. Therefore, VSDC video editor is a good recommendation for a beginner level video editor to get to learn and use the basic video editing techniques.

Pros

VSDC is a Windows based video editor that provides a variety of useful features for a beginner in video editing. It provides the user a variety of video and audio effects, filters etc. Further it has the ability to capture screen recordings, audio recordings as well as to save video files in numerous formats. It has a rich set of online tutorials that are quite useful for beginners as well. Further, the user interface of the software is very easy to get familiar with and easy-to-use.

Cons

The diversity of the provided video effects is a bit narrow. It would be much helpful if there were more number of different video effects to be used for editing so that videos can be edited more creatively.

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 8/1/2019

Great - I have been able to use it to produce decent quality training videos without the need to hire the work out. Runs well on my laptop without the need for a higher powered machine.

Pros

1. Free version is a great product
2. Learning curve is pretty short, at least for the basic functions
3. Great tools available to edit and create quality videos

Cons

Some of the commands (like undo which is a Ctrl-Z in Office) don't work the same way.

Kyle

Awesome software!

Reviewed on 4/11/2022

Absolutely love this software, I would highly recommend it.

Absolutely love this software, I would highly recommend it.

Pros

I loved that there are so many features that come with the free software, as well as many ways to tweak things further with the Pro version. Also loved that there are so many help videos online!

Cons

I wish the software was not a subscription model. I would prefer to outright purchase the software and maybe have it include a couple updates only, rather than be locked in to a constant subscription if I want to keep using the Pro version.

Sotir

How good is VSDC Video Editor

Reviewed on 6/5/2022

Whether you are a person who has no experience in video editing or a more advanced video creator, you will find the VSDC as one of the best free video editing software out there. It can do everything that a video editor would want. I have been using it for 1 year and I find it rich with all kinds of features, including video and screen capture. Try this software out if you are looking to get into video editing, or just wanna finish one simple video project.

Pros

The best thing about this software is that you can use it for free. Not only is it free but it is a truly remarkable piece of software. I find it really amazing that a free Video Editor can offer so much. From simple projects with just merging, cutting, and adding transitions to the most complex projects a professional video editor can do. It offers a big variety of features, which all can be learned with some time and the right resources which clearly VSDC doesn't lack.

Cons

The placement and design of the tools are my least liked things about this software. I had a little problem at the beginning with this, but with the right tutorials and effort, I got the hang of it. Although my personal opinion is they don't give much attention to this, VSDC does not lack functionality in any of the tools. If you want to do a more complex project, like for example, you need motion tracking, advanced tools for masking or color correction, and some other specialized features, you will need to upgrade to a paid version.

Stephen Zak

Video Editing Made Simple

Reviewed on 27/11/2022

My experience is pretty amazing when it comes to VSDC as it can open any video file, regardless of what tool I used to record a footage. It is viable because of a integrated video converter which immediately spots all of the formats and gets them converted according to my choice that i want to modify any mode. I have made videos and pictures on my android mobile and VSDC just could get me the preferred digital output with ease as its fast and less time consuming.

Pros

VSDC is one of the best movie or picture editing software with enhancing qualities that gives a fairly better output which can be used professionally for music videos. The best part about this software is merging and collapsing feature which includes fading options and other simple features which boosts the output.

Cons

Since i am using a free version of the software, I don`t really have anything that I don`t like about it. I am satisfied with the version and it makes my work done.

Laurie
  • Used for 2+ years

AVS Video Editor a must try and enjoy

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

As an older newbie to video editors, now that I have the time to do my To Do List as I am retired, I tried out a lot of different video editors. So many of them left me frustrated with unfinished projects that I gave up on. AVS Video Editor changed that for me as I am sure it has many others. If you have been frustrated or think you cannot do this please try AVS Video Editor, I have so many FINISHED a projects now. I have made a library of each of my grandchildren that I can now just keep adding more and more videos to for the. When they are older, after all we all know parents have the best intentions to do them just never seem the time to get to them raising their families. What a great gift from grandma and grandpa to leave for them.

Pros

After trying out many other options which left me frustrated, I tried AVS Video Editor and was amazed at how easy it was to use and complete projects.

Cons

Not having more time before now to use it as much as I do now.

Dragan
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Very good video editor

Reviewed on 9/10/2020

Creating and editing videos like a PRO!

Creating and editing videos like a PRO!

Pros

VSDC video editor is a program that someone without previous knowledge like me can use, edit and create excellent video content!

Cons

Voice recorder could be more implemented with video editor (preview of video while recording voice-over).

Shotcut

Reasons for Switching to VSDC Video Editor

Ease of use.
Gary

Great Stress Free Video Production & Editing

Reviewed on 7/11/2023

Pros

The ease of use and greenscreen capability

Cons

Nothing to complain about. I find no negative aspects of the software.

• Company size: 501–1,000 Employees
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Fixed what i struggled with some high end softwares

Reviewed on 25/5/2022

Overall, VSDC works great both in the free and Pro version. You have a feel of familiar UI as the tabs are similar to many other programs such MS office.

Pros

At as low as $19 for the Pro Version which I probably didn’t have an immediate need for, VSDC made a case for that spend. Mainly because of the ability to fix jittering videos which I was having a problem with when using some other softwares. I desperately was looking for a quick solution and a friend recommended it. It worked! VSDC hardware acceleration is very intuitive and works with low specs computers which I quite often use.

Cons

It would be good to have the ripple delete or fill gaps function. It would save some video editing time. Of course the cut out fragment function but does not come close to ripple delete function.

• Industry: Graphic Design

VSDC Regular Usage Review

Reviewed on 13/5/2022

My Overall VSDC experience was not really that well.

My Overall VSDC experience was not really that well.

Pros

I like this software's various features and its abilities.

Cons

I dislike this software's features; the accessibility and the useability of the features.

nilusha
  • Industry: Design

my review to vsdc software

Reviewed on 23/12/2019

i am a part time you tuber. i have used so many software s to make my video, in august of 2019.i found this vsdc video editing software.. since that i am using this software to edit my videos and making videos . now i am satisfy about my uploading videos those are very eye catching clips and good resolutions.

Pros

This is the software that i am using to edit video making video making slide shows,screen captures , etc...
and very easy to use this software.
nice theme.
there are more tools in this software .
good rendering time actually it is good

Cons

open display is not creative . but software is good.

archie

Vsdc

Reviewed on 14/3/2022

Pros

The features and the quality of the software it is easy to use and it is for free

Cons

So far i didn't encounter any problem with rhe software.

• Industry: Higher Education
  • Used for 1-5 months

A Useful, but Unintuitive Solution

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

We turned to VSDC while trying to finish some hurried video work, after encountering a fatal technical glitch in our standard video-editing platform. While we appreciated some of the unusual features of VSDC, and its modest resource-load, we were ultimately grateful to leave the UI and workflow behind when the glitch with our other solution was resolved.

Pros

It’s free.
It consumes fewer computer resources relative to some competitors.
Stacking effects and transitions into each clip allows for some unique editing options.

Cons

The interface was jarring.
The workflow was significantly different than other industry-standard platforms like DaVinci Resolve, Lightworks, or Premiere Pro.
Figuring out how to do things required a time-consuming process of watching YouTube tutorials.

Debjit
  • Industry: Information Services

My simple basic video editor.

Reviewed on 31/10/2018

VSDC pro is awesome for starting a video channel or make an awesome home video for a fraction cost of a what premium video. If you need to use advanced features like transaction slo-mo than try some other more premium software. I think for this price its a steal.

Pros

I can now edit my home videos with ease. I love the simplicity of this software. I can use all the tools available to create an awesome video from clips. Add more timeline and create an awesome home video. Create tutorial for my users and how-tos. Create videos from my picture is an awesome experience and it makes it flawless.

Cons

It is not very organise. Cant import more then one videon at a time. Not many effect to apply for your video. iIt just get your work done.

ANTONIS
  • Industry: Photography

I used this product for some fashion videos and interviews. It's fun, easy and professional.

Reviewed on 5/4/2018

To edit my videos.

To edit my videos.

Pros

First of all its a free product and I was impressed by all the tools and possibilities it offers. I liked the design and the functionality.

Cons

More filters and video effects / transitions should be available. But overall I am satisfied by using it.

Terry
  • Industry: Libraries
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Easy to use for beginners

Reviewed on 4/12/2018

Easy to use and easy to learn!

Easy to use and easy to learn!

Pros

Our library is now offering green screen technology both for our internal use and to offer to the public through our makerspace and this program is easy to use and great for beginners. The chroma key is a big plus!

Cons

I wish the audio portion of the program were a bit more responsive, especially when we blend several different video clips that have different audio levels.

Taylor
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

What's Not To Love?

Reviewed on 15/8/2020

Pros

This software has tons of great features for absolutely free. You can pay to get the upgraded version, but the free version fit my needs perfectly. Tons of options!

Cons

Not super user friendly, especially if you've never edited videos before.