Aloha Cloud Reviews

Aloha Cloud

Write a Review!
Software for managing payments and POS transactions

3.4/5
3.5/5
3.9/5
3.3/5

Jessica

Easy to use and deploy

Reviewed on 26/7/2022

Overall this is a great system. It is a little dated but it does allow you to do many things that other POS systems dont.

Pros

This software is amazingly easy to use. I love that it integrates with online ordering. It is user-friendly and the reports are in real time.

Cons

I wish it was more updated looking. I wish you could change between screens without logging back in

Toast POS

Reasons for Switching to Aloha Cloud

The ease-of-use and their long-term track record.
Leigh
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

No Longer Flying Blind

Reviewed on 17/6/2019

I now have information on sales and inventory movement. This is helping me with staffing and supply chain management.

Pros

The software is so intuitive and user-friendly that my staff had no adoption issues. They were productive in minutes. I found it very easy to set up, and I love the back office functionality.

Cons

I have no complaints about this software. And I used to implement software for a Fortune 20 company.

Toast POS

Reasons for Choosing Aloha Cloud

They did not have a cloud-based solution and the user interface could only be described (charitably) as antiquated.

Reasons for Switching to Aloha Cloud

User interface, promotional hardware bundle, cloud-based back office.
Mix

Buyer beware!!!

Reviewed on 8/7/2019

The only times we got any communication was before and up to the sale. After that we only got to speak to someone when there was a problem. the programming of the menu items, modifiers, void/comp reasons etc. was clearly done by people that have never been in the restaurant business so every abbreviation and menu item had to be re-done by us which took up valuable time that we did not have. there is a log of all of the issues that were called in that has yet to be addressed by management. everyone seems to just want to pass it down the line and nobody has taken ownership of the problem and certainly nobody has offered a solution. Except for TOAST POS that we have replaced your system with. I will never do business with NCR again and will be completely honest with anyone whom asks my opinion or about my experience.

Pros

BOH reporting was about it. I wish there was more.

Cons

The connectivity was terrible. The hand held EMV chip processors tie up the terminal so no other servers can use it until the transaction has been completed. we had to buy additional iPads just to process payments using a SQUARE swipe attachment and set up separate account for payment so we could latr transfer the money into our actual account once the NCR payments had posted. The payment process is terribly time consuming and has caused a great deal of negative feedback on social media which has cost us in sales and also in repeat customers. Additionally, we had 3 of the portable units fail in the middle of service, on 3 separate occasions, causing payment log jams and upsetting even more guests ( the units had to be replaced and it took 3-4 days for them to arrive...) WORST system ever in my 39 years in the business!

Veeka

NCR Silver

Reviewed on 20/7/2018

Overall it has been a great experience - we went from writing paper slips for every transaction and entering each one manually into Quickbooks to just generating a couple of reports each day in the back office and entering those. It has been wonderful to have saved customer information in the system and not having to rewrite their address again. This is saving us a lot of time and our customers are impressed with our contemporary POS systems since we're a small family business and they don't expect us to be tech-savvy.

Pros

We like that the software is intuitive and has clean design. We like being able to arrange our products in categories ourselves, ability to sell items by singles or by weight, being able to track products sold etc.

Cons

We would like to have more control over receipt printing. Since we do a lot of deliveries, we would want to be able to set the font larger for the customer address and the quantity of the products, also being able to print double receipts right away would be great - one for the customer and one for the delivery driver (right now we have to look up the last transaction and reprint, which is at least 4 steps) We also would like to be able to access older transactions from the POS system - many of our customers want to look up what they ordered last season, or two seasons ago and to do that we have to go through a very long process in back office right now - it's requires going to "results", then "POS transactions" setting the dates manually (no easy option for 1 or multiple years), then searching for customer name, and clicking "line items" for each transaction we want to check. Aside from being a long process, I also don't find that the names for these actions fit how we think of them when we are looking them up. Also merging customer history would be nice - sometimes we accidentally create double or triple customer accounts and it would be nice to be able to combine them.

Jerry

Solid software but not as versatile as hoped

Reviewed on 1/7/2019

The POS system, like others, allows me to track business flow when not in the store.

Pros

NCR's back office is easily navigated. It is feature rich in many areas, excelling in variations. The modifier portion of the software is decent, but could use some work so that it could be used as a single add on for several items as well as modified price times quantity.

Cons

Can not customize the customer information that you wish to have at a glance.
Can not set up tax exempt customers for automatic tax exemption.
Can not readily link inventory to my existing website.
Can not set up scannable customer ID cards readily.
Can not see inventory at a glance for quick inventory checks on items.
Will not print directly to Dymo Labeler for price tags from back office as Square will when receiving inventory.
Can not set up coupon codes for printable coupons, must set up an offer to apply to everyone.
Sales team said these were all included in the purchase, but were not.
Expensive software, overall less feature rich than Square but 33% higher per month.

michael

Problematic

Reviewed on 17/6/2019

Completely mixed bag, usually negative. I especially disliked the phone call I received from NCR EMV development lead when I complained about th EMV pad being defective junk last year. The call was very rude and unprofessional.

Pros

Cloud based POS with automated email receipts that also sends out automated coupons for marketing.
Remote inventory management for adding new SKUs and UPCs.

Cons

1) Not truely EMV compliant. Most annoying was the ancillary peripheral chip scanner looked cheap, was not always on, turned itself off every 30 mins. Fundamentally the EMV pad was defective and not fully functional or compatible with the NCR POS.. We removed it from the terminal and were forced to do swipe only.
2) NO CONTACTLESS PAYMENT FEATURES!
3) Updating VAR sheet for NCR terminal after worldpay vantiv merger was HELL. I imagine transfering to another processor would be the same terrible experience.

Andrea

Limitations in reporting and discounts

Reviewed on 23/7/2018

I have't experienced any "problems" with NCR Silver. I would however like to know more about what the program is capable of because I don't believe I am utilizing all of the options to the best of their ability.

Pros

I like that I can program in the specifics of the items that I sell. We carry several thousand sku's and I can program each barcode of each variation of each product. I also like that there are reports that are valuable to my business, such as sales reports and time clock reports.

Cons

There are limitations to the reporting that I need for my business. There is no way to show what quantity and dollar amount of inventory I have on hand during any given period.
With our industry, I need to know monthly inventory totals on hand, both quantity and dollar amount. In addition, there is no shrinkage tracking for damaged, shopworn, or missing items.

Tom

NCR Silver Review

Reviewed on 27/6/2019

Pros

The system generally is up most of time.

Cons

It removed a lot of our stored hold tickets - thus, loosing info on contractors and the amount of purchases they had pending to pay

We had been in touch MULTIPLE times with NCR and level 1, 2 & 3 Guy named representative and many others
NO ONE EVER EVER GOT BACK TO US _ what the problem is/was / what info they recovered/ why that it lost our stored info etc. OR WAS THE ISSUE EVER RESOLVED ? This has been many, many months we have been trying to work thru this. It has cost us $ and customers. NCR Silver does not seem to care !! We have talked to many different support members and get the same general run around. Very Very discouraging, would not recommend product to any one.

Peter
  • Used for 1+ year

It always comes down to service

Reviewed on 20/4/2017

I withheld final payment for the system until all the kinks were worked out and toward the end, I was told I was being given a discount of 10%. I still paid the full contracted amount that was agreed upon before the system was installed, but was confused how the discount was applied since the payment was the same. After many discussions, I finally understood: I was given a pre-purchase discount that sales personnel are allowed to give at their discretion. Someone in billing told me that "I was chosen" for the discount and it did not have to be given and she hoped that would show me their level of commitment. I told her, though the discount was appreciated when it was given months before, the initial discount had nothing to do with the service issues that occurred at installation, hence, that discount could not be applied to the problem. I told her that as a restaurant owner, I could not give someone a gift card as a gesture of generosity, and then, if when using it they had a bad experience, tell them, "at least you didn't pay full price"!

Pros

It works! It accomplishes what we need for the most part and the issues that arise from time to time are generally dealt with easily.

Cons

Service. Setting up the system was a horrible experience. There were no less than 3 trained technicians working on the install, yet it took 4 painful weeks to finally get it working the way it should.
Because it is a computer, I find it hard to believe that we are told sometimes that it cannot do that.

Pasquale

21 year user!

Reviewed on 10/4/2023

Pros

Originally small company great service as they grew the worse the service got.

Cons

Customer service. They lost touch with my industry

Scott

Easy Choice

Reviewed on 9/11/2020

I've had great experiences with Aloha over the years. Customer support knows when to escalate issues and generally the response times are quick. The software is easy to learn for FOH and back office manager functions are intuitive.

Pros

Aloha has the capability to handle any concept protype in development then seamlessly transition into multi-units. Reporting structure is best in class with unit level metrics remaining a priority.

Cons

NCR Aloha is one of the pricier options which should really only be utilized with multi units. It's too robust and complicated for the average mom and pop place.

Square Point of Sale, TouchBistro and Revel Systems

Reasons for Switching to Aloha Cloud

Scalability, fiduciary confidence, security.
Courtney

Best Restaurant Software

Reviewed on 12/2/2021

My overall experience with NCR Aloha is that it's the best software for any restaurant. I have used a few different ones and this one is by far my favorite. It's very easy on the back and front end. I do wish the customer service was easier to reach, it takes a while to get ahold of them. However, the software is so user friendly you probably won't need customer service much.

Pros

The best feature about this product is the ease of use. Aloha is extremely simple which makes it easier for new employees who have never served before. The layout is very blocky so that it's easy to read and click. This is true for both computer and mobile devices.

Cons

My least favorite thing about Aloha is that you can't do everything on the mobile app that you can do on the computer. Our servers use mainly the mobile apps, as they are going into theater auditoriums to take orders. It would be nice if you could do ALL functions on both mobile and computer.

Corie
  • Industry: Restaurants

This has really changed the way I do business

Reviewed on 18/6/2019

I have been so impressed. I have a lot of friends with restaurants, and I'm constantly singing NCR's praises. The fact that people use other ipad based registers makes no sense to me. This one literally pays for itself. in the amount I save by being able to use my own credit card processor.

Pros

I have really enjoyed not only seeing my daily sales broken down with time accounted for within the system, but also just having the sheer scope of information that this unit provides.
It's simple to use and implement, it's intuitive, and any time I have questions I simply open a chat browser from the back menu and I have been able to solve all of my problems within minutes.

Cons

I wish there was more I could do with employee tracking, but I think that's available in the next tier of monthly payments.

molly
  • Industry: Restaurants

There are better products for the same money.

Reviewed on 8/7/2019

Overall my experience with this product has been terrible. The system needs some sort of fix almost everyday, which could take 5 minutes or 3 hours. The customer service tends to have long hold times, and they will run you thru hours of testing even if you have already tried everything - seems like they just don't care and when you are trying to run a business it is very frustrating. If you run a business that does a couple of transactions an hour you will be fine, but it you have, or hope to have any sort of volume I would look elsewhere. Also, their technology isn't up to date...be sure you ask every single question and review other products before settling with this one.

Pros

It runs on an iPad and is pretty simple to set up.

Cons

It's unreliable. Loses connection to it's hardware almost daily requiring a fix each time. The swipe hardware wares out very quickly.

Chris
  • Industry: Restaurants

Horrible System and even Worse Customer Service!

Reviewed on 11/12/2017

Cons

I wish I could give them a "0," because this is the absolute worst company I have ever done business with... They do not return phone calls or emails, routinely overcharge my account, deduct money without warning for chargebacks that I have no knowledge of or have received no paperwork regarding. I never know who to call for what because the company is so large and they source everything to different departments. I cannot express enough how much displeasure, frustration, and anger doing business with this company has caused me. I have reached my limit and will be switching our POS system as well as processing away from Aloha and NCR. DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID.... AVOID THIS COMPANY!

Kathy

Aloha POS works great

Reviewed on 9/12/2017

Overall this product works very well, and is very easy to figure out if you sit and learn for a bit. There are many integrated functions that allow us to do many things within the system. The staff finds it very easy to use as well. Very few problems.

Pros

I can edit most things on my own, and the ease of changing things in the POS is fairly simple. The ergonomic design makes it easy for staff to use.

Cons

I think the customer service sometimes lacks, in terms of getting through to the right person to help and then the problem never truly being resolved. Some of the buttons I have needed in the past, are not allowed on my end and I have to call and have someone add them to my end which is silly.

Terri

Great product Horrible customer sevice

Reviewed on 1/8/2018

I like the product however anytime I have an issue i can get zero help i have been waiting on a supervisor call back for literally 2 motnhes every time i call i am told I need a supervisor and then I am told they will call me back and I STILL hve not got a call back and my systems are DOWN! Its INSANE!

Also with regular tech support I am constantly training NCR employees because they dont know enough about the systems to help me!

Pros

It is easy to learn to use and has all the features you need to run your business

Cons

Customer service is horrible. You cant get help and support knows very litle about the product it is like they have never even touch it and are just reading out of a manual

Kathy

NCR

Reviewed on 20/7/2018

The system and software itself is good. It does what I need it to do and it does it efficiently and easily. Their customer service, however, is not always so good.

Pros

The software is easy to use for both employer (inputting information, printing reports, etc.) and employee (operating daily transactions).

Cons

The system only keeps transaction data for 13 months. While it is easy to understand that not keeping a lot of information will help the system run more efficiently, there are times when it would be an asset to be able to pull a customer's previous sale no matter how long ago it was.

Jara

NCR Silver with Scale Use

Reviewed on 21/7/2018

My overally experience has improved once we got the right equipment for our store. I can always reach a customer service rep when needed. I think that the price for the equipment and monthly service is fair.

Pros

It is very easy to use the menu at the POS. The back office is very user friendly as well and can be accessed from anywhere on any device.

Cons

The problems we have had with this software are mostly with the scale integration. The software does not fully support all the scale features we would like so we have had to work around those things. We had issues with the small scale and NCR Silver Quick Service. However, once we switched to NCR Silver Restaurant Pro and the GRS-60 scale we have had much more success.

Carl

Very basic POS

Reviewed on 28/7/2018

Customer service has gotten worse of the last few years and most have no knowledge of the product. NCR Silver and NCR Counterpoint should be merged but within NCR neither business unit has any clue what the other does for customers.

Pros

It's a simple solution to start up a small business like a coffee shop.

Cons

Overall software is very basic and fine for someone who's looking for a simple plug and play solution for a business similar to a coffee shop. NCR Silver offers no intgrations to Shopify or other major sites.

Theresa

NCR Silver is Awesome!

Reviewed on 26/7/2018

Pros

The ease of use for employees is what I like best. It is easy to teach new employees to use this system and they all seem to learn it quickly which makes training them so much easier. The back office portion is easy to navigate and run reports. My inventory is always accurate due to this system.

Cons

I wish the software had more options for management on the POS screen versus always having to go to the back office part.

Don

POS functionality

Reviewed on 17/1/2018

It is too difficult to navigate the back of the house functionality. There are too many steps involved.

Pros

Ease of use for servers in that the categorization and screens are easy to follow and remember. The checkout feature for daily data capturing is also very usefull.

Cons

Back of the house programming. Changing buttons and designing screens, along with changing the footer on the customer ticket, is too difficult to navigate easily.

Shamus
  • Industry: Hospitality

Bent Wrench Roadhouse Review

Reviewed on 14/9/2018

It used to be awesome, but we are experiencing lots of errors with our credit card processing lately. After contacting customer service, we have received ZERO follow ups.

Pros

Ease of use. It is fairly easy to navigate through all of the back office items.

Cons

Inability to delete a variation after you have added it to an item. This is only a problem when you are trying to delete the only remaining variation from an item.

Keiko
  • Industry: Restaurants

Do not trust companies which has been through lots of mergers, very unreliable.

Reviewed on 20/4/2017

I would like to ask... Before being bought or being merged, have you ever thought of upgrading and improving the system, quality of customer service?

Pros

They have all the basic functions. I don't really have a good thing to say about this company and system.

Cons

Legacy system, not user-friendly. The color of the screen is also ancient.
Never seen a customer service response this bad. We run a restaurant, and time is money.

Julia

15+ years experience using Aloha POS

Reviewed on 7/6/2017

Aloha used to be more an industry standard but they are falling behind the times due to outdated software and ease of integration.

Pros

Ease of usability for Front of house
Reliable
Industry Standard/ Familiarity
Good customer service if you pay for that service

Cons

Outdated software
Limited additional software upgrades
Lack of reporting options/ We use secondary program to generate reports (CTUIT)