Yahoo Mail

Web-based email application for desktop and mobile devices

4.5/5
4.1/5
4.3/5
4.1/5

Melvin M
Melvin M

User Friendly Experience

Reviewed on 12/5/2022

Pros

It's unique email features and user friendly interface is what influences me as a current user of Yahoo Mail till date. I'm able to send emails to anyone using email service in the world with zero challenges.

Cons

The fact that the software has major competition from Gmail. I love Yahoo mail personally Yahoo Mail looks better than its competition but others prefer Gmail , I personally dont understand why , I love Yahoo!

Vijay
Vijay
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Wonderful Application for Email

Reviewed on 6/9/2022

My overall experience which was more than 2 years was not bad. I can say that it's good to use for email at small scale.

Pros

I have been using Yahoo mail service since last two years. I find it very interesting, easy to use, better management of emails, proper challen for daily email to your company employees.

Cons

It's charged for using extra mail services. I find difficulty because i can't use proper feature as it's paid.

Zoho Mail

Reasons for Choosing Yahoo Mail

I switched from zoho mail because it has small amount of data storage. It was 5 GB only.

Zoho Mail

Reasons for Switching to Yahoo Mail

Yahoo mail is better than Zoho and it good for daily high mb receiving and sending of emails in your business.
Camille
  • Industry: Entertainment

Horrible or such a large company

Reviewed on 5/11/2022

Not great. If I didn't have so much personal items saved on my email, I would've deleted my account long ago.

Pros

I can change the colors of my email account

Cons

I got my first Yahoo account in 2007. I used it occasionally but not frequently. With no warning whatsoever, when I logged in last time, Yahoo informed me that they had "deleted my account" because "I hadn't been logged in for a while" it had only been maybe seven months. All of my personal emails were just gone without notice. With my second and current account, I've had since 2012. I have emails that I know I've written but when searching for them, they are not found. The search filter is terrible. When you search for a keyword, something entirely different will show up. Even photos will show up even though you specified you were looking for an email, not an attachment. As far as spam goes, within the past two years the amount of spam I receive has increased. I've blocked several email addresses on my Yahoo account and yet Yahoo still allows me to receive emails from that sender. I've had to change my password probably 15 times simply because Yahoo thinks my password is not strong enough. And constantly notify me telling me I need to protect my account by paying for the password subscription protection. It's distasteful. Not to mention the two step verification I encounter when logging into a new device. I log into a new device, it says they don't recognize it so I need to confirm a code on my secondary email, but in order to log into my secondary email, I have to log out of the email I'm currently trying to log into (because they're both Yahoo)

David

Useful email service

Reviewed on 14/12/2023

Its good overall hence I have never changed provider personally

Its good overall hence I have never changed provider personally

Pros

I have been using personally for decade
App works well
Muiltuple accounts are easy to manage
Search function works well
History of an email is helpful to see timescales
Secure via app

Cons

Often the app wont open if you click an enail address from a webpage you want to contact- end up copying and pasting
Allow more format options when in app and typing an email- bold, underscore etc

Georgiana
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Why chose Yahoo?

Reviewed on 10/4/2023

I solved my mail storage with Yahoo and improved my security with the different features Yahoo offers.

Pros

I love that Yahoo helps manage my emails. It separates my emails into different categories automatically. It separates junk email from unread and even more. The spam blocker, on the other hand, is very connected because it blocker unwanted emails from different sites and senders. When it comes to monitoring what I like best is that I can have my emails in my inbox for as long as I want. Then what I do not want or not using will then be deleted without having to do it every sing time. The search and filter section is very useful and comes in a handle when looking for an email that was sent. Let's talk about the filter session it made my life easy and has everything in order. I can filter all messages when it comes to orders and more. I can also search for one word and all the email that has that word will filter up. Wow, email training is amazing. This feature helps me to see if my customer or anyone to who I send a message opens my email and even if they click on my links. Archiving works hand in hand with search/filter. I can remove an email from my inbox using the archive and can find it quickly back using search. It's like hiding a message or basically keeping it safe instead of deleting it. I can log in to multiple devices and activate my notification. There is no need to go and check the app anymore. I love that I can just click on the notification and it takes me to the email.

Cons

I love everything about Yahoo. Yahoo is a part of my family.

Anouar

An email management platform that I would recommend to anyone as an alternative to Gmail.

Reviewed on 4/5/2023

I would recommend it to anyone as a Gmail alternative who wants Yahoo Mail. My experience is good.

Pros

An alternative platform for Gmail, such as Gmail, is simple and easy, with many options and features, and provides paid subscriptionsThere is an app over the phone.Professional email can be done.There are some companies that only accept the Yahoo Mail platform.

Cons

* Ads appear in messages.* The user suffers from the problem of continuous automatic closing of the application, as the application requests to close it while working on it, which is a strange and illogical defect, and updates are constantly seeking to solve it, but it is still stuck.* Some features on the desktop Yahoo Mail app are not available on mobile devices, including reactivating an account after being suspended, sending to a contact list, modifying spam settings, and displaying the full email address.* If the Yahoo Mail account period has passed, the account will be suspended.

Sandra

Easy to send , receive, search, store, and retrieve emails

Reviewed on 12/10/2023

Yahoo Mail provides a well designed platform to send, receive, and manage emails. It has been in use for many years and has stood the test of time. They have reliable security measures in place to ensure to prevent unauthorized access to your Yahoo accounts. We typically use Yahoo emails for formal communications but we all have other accounts as well. However, I feel that Yahoo mail needs to keep improving the platform with customizable features and integrating other apps.

Pros

I use Yahoo Mail because they take email security seriously. They allow you to use passwords, 2 step verification, and still send alerts to recovery emails when there is a suspicious login attempt. They also offer generous storage for mails and files sent using Yahoo. I also like the search function because it makes it easy to file emails sent or received a while ago.

Cons

Yahoo is not widely accepted despite being reliable. So we still need a google account to access some services and various platforms that allow users to sign up with their Google account. Yahoo should probably partner with other service providers to introduce "sign-up with Yahoo" option on those platforms. Sometimes important emails find way into the spam folder and you might miss important communications.

Robert
Robert
  • Industry: Printing

Good Enough

Reviewed on 7/10/2022

It's been okay but, not great. I use it when I have to but, I sometimes get a little embarrassed giving people my Yahoo email address. To be frank.

Pros

It works about as well as any other mail software, it's just not vastly different.

Cons

My main con would be the connotation that Yahoo mail gives others and the people that use it are generally looked upon as archaic, old & outdated. It's similar to how people view AOL, Hotmail or Outlook.

Reasons for Switching to Yahoo Mail

It's an email address that I have had for a long time so I kept it.
Dianna
Dianna
  • Industry: Online Media

Get Organized With Yahoo Mail

Reviewed on 8/4/2023

Pros

I've been using Yahoo Mail for years and I love how they have updated their email service overtime to include more organization features and security features.

Cons

I don't like how you can only view emails in a half screen unless you have Yahoo Pro.

Princess

Yahoo

Reviewed on 13/6/2023

Pros

I love that Yahoo Mail is Free. I also love the notifications which reminds to check for important information.

Cons

The cons I had with Yahoo Mail is when I forget my password, the security purpose still did not help.It had old information in which I couldn’t update since I couldn’t log in.

Michelle
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Disappointed with Yahoo mail

Reviewed on 11/8/2022

At first it was my go to mail site but after losing access to my account and how difficult it is for me not to get my stuff back from this account my experience with Yahoo mail has not been pleasant and would never go back to it

Pros

When I first started using Yahoo mail it was an easy program to navigate it was one of my favorite email sites easy to understand easy to use and easy to get into

Cons

The thing that I did not like about Yahoo mail was I was not able to get into my site very easily and was shut down and shut out I tried changing My password I tried calling support I tried using my alternative phone number it would not let me in I didn't feel like I got enough support from the help sources to get back into my account so I lost all my contacts my mail photos and files and have no way of recovering it that I can foreseeably see

Mert

Mailing from Yahoo Mail

Reviewed on 6/8/2022

I used Yahoo Mail over 3 years in the past and I stopped to using it because they have not developed any feature when we compared with it's alternatives.

Pros

Yahoo Mail is an old e-mail system that you can still use. It has smooth dashboard and offers nice features like scheduling your timeline.

Cons

10 or 20 years ago, Yahoo Mail one of the most important e-mail system that you can use easily, but in this time there are lots of alternatives to use for scheduling your timeline or guide.

Christopher

Reviewed on 31/10/2022

My overall experience was okay but once again it's personal prefers I just personally would rather use the other software

Pros

The thing I like most about Yahoo was it this was the first email system I learned how to use so it came naturally

Cons

The thing I did not like the most was after using the Gmail app it just seemed like this was a kind of second class software even though it was owned by Gmail it didn't have half the features of functions

Gmail

Reasons for Switching to Yahoo Mail

I did not choose Yahoo mail I tried to go with Gmail instead because of the business aspects and functions
  • Industry: Publishing

Trusted Mail Service for Over a Decade

Reviewed on 16/11/2021

Yahoo Mail is the first mail service I ever signed up for on my own. More than 10 years later, it still has relevance and value in the industry as a recognizable and trusted mail services. I am pleased with what I have received from it over the many years.

Pros

Yahoo Mail is one of the best services for sending and receiving e-mail. You can move, archive, star, or delete mail with the click of a button, and Yahoo Mail has folders available you can create to sort your mail. Though one of my cons mentions obvious spam filtering through into the main inbox, it is also easy to mark items as spam - and you can browse the spam folder and mark anything not as spam. The search bar works well to look for any specific mail items or senders.

Cons

The amount of ads on Yahoo Mail have ramped up substantially in recent years and can get in the way. Though this is likely affected by the amount of years I have had this Yahoo Mail account, I also receive a large amount of spam - and Yahoo doesn't filter out some of the most obvious scams.

AOL Mail

More familiarity with Yahoo's website
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Yahoo For You & Me

Reviewed on 30/8/2022

Yahoo Mail has always been an extremely easy platform for all of my e-mailing needs! I have always had a positive experience with Yahoo Mail and will continue to recommend it to my co-workers, colleagues, and friends their primary source of e-mailing due to the ease of the platform, the cheap price, solid updates, and the other features that come with. You’re able to use Yahoo Mail across several different platforms and there’s nothing I can think of that I would need in addition to the features it already carries and provides.

Pros

The Yahoo Mail product and platform are extremely easy to use and are all around excellent. The integration with my business and with my schooling where an absolute breeze and I would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for a mailing system was several features that are easy to use, a platform interface that is compatible with your phone as well as your computer and even iWatch. It has helped me immensely with my school work, collegiate work, business, professional, and personal messaging. It is simple to use, inexpensive, and my top pick for an e-mailing and messaging platform.

Cons

I feel like Yahoo Mail has all of the features that you would need. There aren’t any that I feel I am seriously missing or lacking and that I would add. I definitely will continue to be using Yahoo Mail for a while, as I have already been using it for about 6 years and haven’t had any complaints about the program at all.

Jeanette
Jeanette

Yahoo Email is a Good Email System

Reviewed on 12/10/2023

Yahoo Mail is overall a very positive experience. It holds A LOT of emails even though it is a free account. I am very happy with Yahoo Mail

Pros

I like that I can categorize emails into folders so I can manage them by topic. I like that I can easily search to find emails I am looking for. It's also easy to reply and forward to emails as well as send attachments.

Cons

I use yahoo email for personal purposes because it doesn't integrate well with the Google services I use for my business. My yahoo email is one of the first email providers I used so I have had it for a very long time.

I use both Yahoo Mail and Google Gmail
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Yahoo A Standard email service

Reviewed on 12/6/2021

Yahoo Mail has been fantastic. It has cut communication time and distance, as well as sparked the current digital boom. I can't picture a world without it because it has brought so many people closer together. Yahoo, on the other hand, seems to be fading. It is unable to stay up with its competition and the services they provide.

Pros

1. Using the yahoo contact tool within yahoo mail, you may save all of your contacts online.
2. It is easier to use than others, and you may get support from Yahoo at any moment by dialing the yahoo customer support number.
3. It is simple to handle because it distinguishes between inbox, sent, spam, and other areas.

Cons

Yahoo recently stopped offering forwarding as a free service. This is a fundamental feature that most rivals provide for free and has been available for a long time. They've also placed more obtrusive adverts that are easy to click on by accident and cover up the inbox. I would switch if I didn't have almost a decade of memberships and logins connected to this account.

Anamaria
  • Industry: Design

My dashboard for all email inboxes

Reviewed on 8/10/2023

Love the design, the different inboxes options, and how user-friendly it is.

Love the design, the different inboxes options, and how user-friendly it is.

Pros

I adore Yahoo Mail because I previously had multiple email accounts from other providers as well but it's difficult and time-consuming to check them all one by one. Yahoo Mail is awesome for that because it lets you integrate everything and you have all your inboxes in the same place!

Cons

Sometimes you have to refresh a couple of times for the emails to come in. However, this is ok since it's the case for all similar providers.

Fadiah
Fadiah
  • Industry: Banking

Best of the best for email service

Reviewed on 24/8/2021

Pros

Yahoo Mail is a fantastic email service provider, and it was one of the first to offer free emailing services to the general public and the general public at large. The user interface for Yahoo Mail is quite primary and easy to use. It places a high priority on the security and privacy of its users' data and communications. In addition, its spam filter is highly effective, preventing all spam virtually from reaching your inbox.

Cons

In Yahoo mail, the maximum file size for sending attachments of 25 megabytes. Additionally, it displays advertisements in the primary inbox and sends messages about the latest news, which I feel looks like a Spam email. Otherwise, it is an excellent email service provider.

Thien
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Used to be a good email solution

Reviewed on 9/4/2023

Pros

Its free tier has decent offerings. The interface on both the webmail and the app is clean and simple enough. Also, the feature of automatically managing free trials is a nice touch.

Cons

Not sure whether the Pro subscription is worth it, especially when nobody seems to have Yahoo Mail anymore. Spam filter also doesn’t seem to work that well compared to alternative email services. Also, the amount of news and daily updates is just too much, overwhelming the contents of the mailbox.

Shahryar
Shahryar
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Yahoo Mail..

Reviewed on 28/7/2021

Yahoo messenger is a fast and secure email platform. Apart from its email service, I loved it for its messenger to connect and communicate with friends and family living at a distance.

Pros

Yahoo mail is a dedicated email platfrorm with very clean and simple interface which makes sending and reading recieved emails very easy. It is among the first email services that started to provide free service to mass public. It offers a huge storage space for your emails and attachment files. Also it has a very smart spam detector, and spams seldomly manages to get it to your main inbox. Its major plus point is that it highly values the saftey and security of its user's conversations and data.

Cons

Yahoo mail used to be the most popular email service a decade ago, but it has lost its shine as it didn't evolved with time as fast as its competitor Gmail in ways like integrating with other services. Also it shows ads in the main inbox which is a bit annoying.

JAM Yah Mail Review

Reviewed on 13/8/2022

I have been using this software for many years, and I recommend this to anyone surfing on the internet for the first time. This is an essential beginning to emailing friends to coworkers. I have always liked the quality of service I get on this site, and will continue using Yahoo as long as it still exists in cyberspace.

Pros

First off, this is the basis when it comes sending an email, especially now. I always like how simple it is to monitor thousand of emails a day. Responding to them has never been hard, and I have had no trouble filtering the urgency as well. Changing the theme is very cool too!

Cons

Recently I have noticed certain emails showing up from the spam folder even though I never took them away from the folder to begin with. They show up back in my inbox for some reason. I do not like this as I do not want spam showing in my inbox when I just sent them to the spam folder. I do not find cool important emails showing up in the spam folder when they belong in the inbox. The misreading of such emails tiring.

Ghazal
Ghazal
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Yahoo Mail Makes Communication Fun

Reviewed on 22/4/2022

It has been a great experience over the years. I made my first email on Yahoo in 2001 and I still use it - I think that pretty much sums up my whole experience.

Pros

I have used Yahoo Email for many years now and I love the ease of use that it offers. I know most people these days go for other services in the market but I still like Yahoo. It is easy to use and helps with effective communication. I send and receive my email without any difficulty, and it offers humongous storage space. The search option is a great way to find an old email. Its spam blocker is also very good. Email forwarding, auto-responder, and good technical support make Yahoo a great platform.

Cons

The only con that I see in Yahoo Mail is that it is becoming old-fashioned now. With other fancy services in the market, Yahoo has tough competition to deal with. Maybe Yahoo should add more exciting features to attract more users and retain the existing users.

Godwin
Godwin
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Good mailing service but didn't evolve fast enough

Reviewed on 16/10/2021

Yahoo mail was the first email account I ever created for myself over 10 years ago and I've been using it ever since then. At the time, it was topnotch with no serious competition but somehow got left behind because it didn't evolve fast enough as the likes of gmail. Nevertheless, using yahoo mail is of sentimental value to me and I just wish it would evolve more rapidly with more amazing features.

Pros

What I like most about yahoo mail is that fact that I can create folders and redirect specific mails with keywords in there without having to move them myself.

Cons

I think the spam management algorithm of yahoo mail needs some upgrading because it often finds it difficult to differentiate spams from primary which makes a mess of the inbox. As well, some important mails often get dumped in the spam folder. And I wish yahoo remove ads from yahoo mail or at least reduce them, they can be very annoying. I'll like to see yahoo mail take more advantage of cloud storage like what gmail does with drive.

Shahiryar
Shahiryar
  • Industry: Higher Education

Reviewed on 29/9/2021

Yahoo Mail was my first email service that I used and being first it is always special to me. Also it loads pretty quick even on slow internet and is highly committed to user's data safety.

Pros

Yahoo mail is one of the most secure email service providers. It gives a lot of importance to users privacy. It has a very easy interface and loads pretty fast. Its apt spam blocker never lets a spam enter your inbox. You can send relatively larger attachments to recipients using Yahoo mail. Yahoo offers its users even in the free basic version with a 1000 GB of storage for emails and subsequent attachments which is more that enough for ordinary users. Apart from browser version, it also has dedicated apps for mobile operating systems.

Cons

There isn't anything to unlike about Yahoo, but I must say that it lost its pace in competing with its rivals by not evolving as fast in the start.