Wethos

Write a Review!
All in one software made for freelancers, by freelancers.

4.7/5
4.6/5
4.7/5
4.9/5

Yelle
Yelle

The Right Balance of Easy & Flexible

Reviewed on 28/7/2023

Pros

Wethos didn't take me long to set up. That's easy, yet it's not too basic. The platform gives me enough options to customize my experience. It's flexible, but not too bulky. I love making my invoices on Wethos because they look professional and they look the same every time! I also love chatting with the Wethos team because they are always looking for ways to improve and support their customers.

Cons

When I was running my creative agency, Wethos was not robust enough at the time. I was looking for a platform that had both proposals with 2-way signatures and invoicing and Wethos has not yet offered that. Over the years, they have integrated features like this. As a freelancer or smaller agency owner, the Wethos of today is enough.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Templates are the key reason to use Wethos

Reviewed on 16/6/2023

I loved it. It helped me more from a process standpoint because I would just give these flat fees and not think about the ENTIRE scope which hurt me and the clients greatly.

Pros

I loved the templates and the billing breakdown.

Cons

I don’t want to abandon my existing payment workflow. I also never was able to “connect” with other people within the platform to help me build a team whic made me think that feature was broken. Plus I also ended up doing all of the work in a project myself. I would prefer if line items were tied to a Task, not a Role, especially for solopreneurs or those who couldn’t find someone else to parse projects out to within Wethos.

HubSpot Sales Hub

Reasons for Choosing Wethos

I needed help with estimates. I hadn’t figured out that part and Wethos did.

Square Online

Reasons for Switching to Wethos

Because Hubspot doesn’t let me price for flat fees and then recurring fees in the same proposal and show how payments would happen over time.

Freelance Marketing Contract in Minutes--no lawyer

Reviewed on 3/6/2024

Surprisingly easy! I didn't have any contracts or anything like that for my freelance business before Wethos. It made me look super professional to a new client who ended up signing and paying me through Wethos same day.

Pros

I thought the process to setting up a Wethos account was easy and I was about to get out a statement of work, contract that required signatures, and a way to collect my intital deposit within a 1 hour. I really liked how Wethos seemed to be tailored to my profession--project-based marketing--from UX to graphics to sales decks. All those choices were already built in that I could easily drag and drop to my needs.

Cons

The wording for some of the AI provided contract sections were not great, so I copied and pasted the Wethos text into Chatgpt and explained what I needed to be tailored more to me and my needs and that worked.

HoneyBook and Docusign

Reasons for Switching to Wethos

It seemed more geared for marketing freelance professionals and better for my level of use.
Chelsea

Social Media Manager - Sole User

Reviewed on 19/6/2023

Overall, I've continued to be impressed. I've been a user for a little over a year now. They have consistently made improvements to the platform, hosting feedback sessions for new features and they listen to their users.

Pros

The detail that continues to stand out the most to me is how responsive their customer support is. Any time I've experienced an issue or required additional support, the team at Wethos was extremely quick with resolutions and recommendations.

Cons

The biggest feature Wethos is missing falls under the CRM umbrella, where Wethos does not have automated emails built into the tool to schedule emails based on specific triggers in advance. For example, at the of the service agreement signed, it would be nice for an automated email to be sent to the client.

CHRISTINA
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Robust Tool

Reviewed on 2/5/2024

Overall, my experience with with those has been pretty good. It does lack one or two features that I feel would be very useful but overall it has met majority of my needs.

Pros

I love that there are scope pricing templates that you can adjust. It makes it very easy when I am on a discovery call with a potential client and I can adjust pricing real time.

Cons

The discontinuation of the payment processing is really going to mess up my workflow. I almost want to start looking at other tools. The other payment options are not executed in a way that makes any sense for my dynamic pricing. I’m being forced to add a Stripe Payment link and stripe will only create links for fixed price products/services and my pricing is dynamic.

Dubsado

Reasons for Choosing Wethos

I really love the scope proposals templates.

Reasons for Switching to Wethos

The templates that were already included, really caught my eye, and I could create contracts in real time while on a discovery call with a client.
Taylor

Wethos makes life easier

Reviewed on 21/6/2023

Pros

Wethos is my one stop shop. From creating proposals, to now collecting deposits and payments, it’s full service for my needs. I also like being able to see insights about my earnings and budgets. No need for a separate quickbooks tab, I do it all from Wethos via the integration.

Cons

I’m excited for the ability to connect to and work with other freelancers when their Teams feature launches.

Bonsai

Reasons for Choosing Wethos

I was switching away from HoneyBook and compared all options when looking for a more modern and intuitive interface. Wethos has the best templates, UI, and dashboard out there. Full stop. Easy to use and right price.

• Industry: Design

I am in love with this efficient and cost effective solution!!

Reviewed on 21/7/2023

Pros

I love the ease, pre-built proposal and service templates, the interface, the ability to offer even more services , and the affordable!

Cons

I would love to see improvement with service price adjustment. Possibly a built-in calculator that all you have to do is enter in service amount and it tailors the package to fit your overall cost or even financial goal.

Efficiency

Notion

Reasons for Switching to Wethos

Ease, simplicity, package design, service and package templates, and proposal tracking.
Bridgette

Wethos Wins

Reviewed on 9/5/2024

Pros

What i like about Wethos is the user friendly capabilities. The software us straightforward. I like the invoice templates provided. Wethos provides a full service invoicing system from contracts and proposals to collecting real time payments. There are also several ways to collect payment including stripe, venmo, and bank transfer.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say. Its a business asset.

Alan
Alan
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Works like a charm

Reviewed on 13/6/2024

Pros

This is the best product I have found for building professional proposals without having to build it from scratch.

Cons

There's nothing I would change. This is a great product that has tons of features and is really easy to use.

Perfect for startups - full featured project management + billing + ready to use templates

Reviewed on 20/6/2023

I evaluated as an alternative to my current solution.I liked wethos and migration was not an option at this time.

Pros

SimpleEasy to useReady to use templates help startups sell and be productive without having to reinvent the wheelBilling + invoicing is full featured and does not require knowledge of accounting to use

Cons

None really.I wish I found it before I locked into another vendor. There is no migration from another vendor button - its all manual

QuickBooks Online
Billy

No frills Proposals

Reviewed on 14/6/2024

Pros

Awesome for getting past proposal writing block. The way they have phases and services set up FORCES you to organize your business better. Really simplified things for us.

Hooked up to stripe easily too. Hopefully this will eliminate my invoicing software!

Cons

I wish there was a rich text editor in the body of the proposal. But I can just send in email body

Jason

Best proposal workflow tool for freelancers

Reviewed on 9/7/2024

Overall, I am happy with Wethos. You can't beat the price point and the support is best in class. The invoicing tool is pretty basic and leaves a lot to be desired. In general, I find that Wethos is very much set-up to support project based clients and I haven't fully unlocked how to best use it for recurring retainer clients. Another challenge I have is dealing with multi-currency. Half my clients are in the US and half are outside, billed in CAD or EUR. Wethos doesn't support this, so all my financial data in Wethos is kinda useless.

At the end of the day, I rely a lot on Wethos to run and grow my business. I am logged in almost every day and for $9/mo it gives me almost everything I need for proposals and invoices.

Pros

Wethos' proposals workflow is by far the best part of the product. I use it for scoping and pitching all my client projects and securing signatures. Creative invoices from scopes in Proposals is also super handy and the automated workflows built in make my life easier.

Cons

There's some general bugginess with the platform. I'm often on chat with support (which is A+ by the way! Shoutout to Mario!) to report bugs or resolve issues.

Alexa

Straight to the Point

Reviewed on 17/6/2023

8/10. I enjoy it. It makes my job simpler.

8/10. I enjoy it. It makes my job simpler.

Pros

I love the project scope templates. It gives me an idea of what other marketers are charging for similar projects.

Cons

It’s really nitpicking but the formatting on the proposals section doesn’t allow for bullet points

Julianna
  • Industry: Design

Finally a platform that is worth it

Reviewed on 16/6/2023

I love the wethos app, I had been using it for a while and recently signed up for the premium plan. I like that I have a separate account to receive payments and pay my freelance expense with ease.

Pros

I enjoy the easy payment processing options, project proposal, invoicing and transaction management

Cons

I wish there was an easier way to track transactions for taxes

Bench

Reasons for Choosing Wethos

I don't trust fivver, the platform is expensive, customer service is not great and the way they track expenses is confussing.

Reasons for Switching to Wethos

It was aligned with my needs and budget as a freelancer
Karin
  • Industry: Human Resources

Perfect for freelance or virtual assistant businesses

Reviewed on 4/8/2023

Pros

Wethos is a game-changer for freelance and virtual assistant business owners. Its unique approach to matching professionals with purpose-driven projects, seamless team collaboration, simplified payment process, and commitment to professional growth make it an invaluable tool in today's gig economy. Thanks to Wethos, I have experienced increased job satisfaction, financial security, and professional development, making it an essential platform for any freelancer or virtual assistant looking to thrive in their career.

Cons

Nothing. I like it the way it is. I don't have anything negative to say.

Aaron
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Aaron's view of wethos

Reviewed on 18/6/2023

Pros

Very easy to use program very self-explanatory in my lineup business.

Cons

There's nothing that I didn't like about we those were didn't understand

Michael
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

How can you be a small business and not use Wethos

Reviewed on 27/6/2023

Great experience overall. The best part about the product is when I have asked questions or made recommendations about the product the Wethos team has always reached out to discuss more and in some instances applied those recs.

Pros

Wethos brought me in with the low payment processing fee. Every dollar counts when running a small business and they make sure my money goes as far as possible.

Cons

I feel like some of the recommended pricing or service templates are high for the area that I am in. It would be nice to have adjustable pricing recs based on location. I might be asking too much with that though

Summer
Summer

Essential tool for getting projects & getting paid as a freelancer

Reviewed on 16/6/2023

A+. I log in to the system multiple times a week and will suggest it to any freelancer trying to figure out how to get started, what to offer, or what to charge.

Pros

It’s straightforward, always adding new features, and you can choose between a free version and a really great pro version that’s only $9/m. I’ve compared their pro version to like 20 other offerings and it’s the most affordable with the features I need.

Cons

Can’t think of anything I dislike. Would love to make it my one and only tool, which would require things like task management and time tracking, but maybe that’s just not the focus for them at this time.

Diamond
  • Industry: Design

Next best Thing for Designers!

Reviewed on 23/7/2023

Pros

Wethos Customer Service is Top Tier. Over the years the product and service has gotten alot better. I like how the portal has boutique feel. It's simplicity in the UI/UX is what has keeps me coming back this application.

Cons

I joined when it was a new product. I don't have many complaints. I think the product is aging well.

Melanie

Wethos changed the game!

Reviewed on 19/6/2023

I’ve had a great experience since I started using with those it really did change my business for the better.

Pros

I love the template features, and how fast I can create proposals and invoices for my clients. Before with those my proposal creation, consumed a lot of my time. Now I’m able to take more clients on, start projects, faster, and finish projects faster.

Cons

There are a few UI features that could be improved upon as far as placement goes.

Amanda

Awesome for independent freelancers

Reviewed on 26/6/2023

I started using Wethos and was able to move away from an expensive alternative. I've been so happy and recommend it to all others in my position.

Pros

So easy to use as well as aesthetically pleasing. Wethos has everything I need for proposals, contracts, and invoicing.

Cons

I had a hiccup with editing my services and learning how it changes them in other areas, but just a bit of ramp-up to learn how things are integrated and work in this system. Thankfully it wasn't a big deal but I would recommend saving an uneditable copy of proposals and descriptions just in case.

Kenny
Kenny

Best place to make proposals

Reviewed on 16/6/2023

Pros

Everything has a banking system and invoice

Cons

Make invoices for I can send to my clients for marketing

Tasha
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Wethos has been an invaluable tool for me.

Reviewed on 16/6/2023

My overall experience was great. Wethos has allowed me to scale my business with fewer headaches and hassles. I'm able to focus on the things that matter most: creating amazing content for my clients. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for an all-in-one solution for their business. Wethos has been an invaluable tool for me. I'm able to access all the features I need in one place and get more done in less time. With Wethos, I've grown my business easily.

Pros

The best thing about Wethos is that it serves as a dashboard for everything I need for my media production business. I can manage my projects, collaborate with my team, and keep track of my finances all in one place. It's been a lifesaver in helping me stay organized and efficient.

Prisma

Wethos is the best!

Reviewed on 13/7/2023

Overall Wethos has helped me organize and come up with projects and pricing as well.

Pros

I love everything about Wethos. I love that they have set up a way to make it easier for clients to make payments and automatically make invoices for you.

Cons

I don’t have anything bad to say! I think Wethos is overall amazing!

Lauren
Lauren

Most bang for your buck as far as payment processing/invoices go

Reviewed on 16/8/2023

Pros

That not only can I send invoices and organize my projects, but I can also process payments so that saves me from having three separate websites to go to and for a really low price

Cons

Their payment processing could be a little faster but it's just as fast as most other payment processors so I'm ok with it