ActiveCampaign Reviews

4.4/5

Antonio
Antonio
  • Industry: Human Resources

My first marketing automation platform, its about to pay for itself

Reviewed on 6/7/2020

As a startup founder, It is really difficult to choose the right platform to commit with. You have free options and very expensive ones. So Active campaign was a great option for me, right on the sweet spot.

Their customer success team is the best. I have had three on boarding one-on-one calls where they have understood my business and helped me with all the setup, resources and best practices to start using it the best way possible.

It is a very robust system, I only use the email automation, segmentation and I am starting to use their CRM, but the posibilites are endless. So far I love it

Pros

It is super easy to setup and use
The best customer support I have ever had on any kind of service/product
A thorough on boarding process, with personal coaching
You can automate every single part of your marketing funnel and still have a nice personal touch with your best leads
Endless possibilities to interact with your customers and prospects and track every behavior with you

Cons

It is so wide that I find myself a little overwhelmend on how to take as much as possible from the system without burning out.

I am in the 2,500 contacts bracket, and I think its price is fair. But when I have to sacle it up, it will seem pricy

ConvertKit and HubSpot Marketing Hub

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I made research and wanted a more robust solution. I compared Active campaign against hubspot and convertkit and I preferred Active Campaign

Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

Better price (against Hubspot) So many more functions (Against convertkit and others)
Kindsey
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Best email marketing platform out there!

Reviewed on 29/1/2024

Pros

The ease of use and simplicity of the platform. I've tried many email platforms and this is my favorite one for email marketing.

Cons

Nothing - no complaints whatsoever. Active Campaign is the best email marketing platform I've evalutated.

Keap and Mailchimp

GlassHive

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

I used it years ago and wish I had never switched. One of the easiest platforms to use.
Jason

Automation Broken & Engineers Won't Fix

Reviewed on 8/6/2022

Kind & courteous customer service & onboarding. The chat support is decent & you can get questions answered; however, their achilles heel is that their engineering team is apparently asleep behind the wheel and not only don't fix bugs, but provide zero communication about fixing them.

Pros

Pricing is excellent, features are great, and the company is very innovative. Overall, I really want the relationship to work.

Cons

The automation rules are broken. I have one field update automation that's broken. It's a simple field update automation that says if field a) value = x, then update field b) to be y; however, it's broken and I sent ticket to them ~4 weeks ago. More importantly, I spend all of this time doing the implementation. ,and now their automated emails will not trigger. I submitted tickets to engineering ~4 weeks ago, and I haven't heard a PEEP from the engineers. They are kind enough to give me June service free; however, that's not what i actually want. I want the software to work so that all of the 100+ hours of time I've invested in building landing pages, automations, data imports, etc, can actually be realized.

Tara

Best Email Marketing Software

Reviewed on 4/3/2024

Pros

A lot of features, everything you need to do professional email marketing

Cons

loading times are often very long which affects the workflow negatively

Nathan

Great email marketing tool

Reviewed on 6/2/2024

Pros

I like that I can have this integrated with LinkedIn to capture email addresses of my contacts.

Cons

I have no serious complaints. It was a bit of a learning curve to get familiar with the software.

Danuta

My review

Reviewed on 28/2/2024

I am very happy with active campaign and the usability

I am very happy with active campaign and the usability

Pros

I like The usability and the possibility to integrate other products

Cons

Creating correct automations is a way of complicated

Beth
  • Industry: Human Resources

Excellent CRM and Marketing Automation Tool

Reviewed on 4/4/2024

Overall, ActiveCampaign has everything we need to manage and engage leads!

Overall, ActiveCampaign has everything we need to manage and engage leads!

Pros

The team is responsive and I very much enjoy the free consulting hours we got from them. They have many resources to help us get the most from the tool.

Cons

I don't have 100% confidence is in the accuracy of the email campaign performance metrics. Click bots mess with our click through rates for example. I wish the custom reporting interface was easier to use as well.

Guido

Excellent!

Reviewed on 12/4/2024

Pros

Automation, UX experience, connetcivity

Cons

Price, Limit number of contacts, multiaccount logic

• Industry: Online Media

The perfect email marketing tool

Reviewed on 29/3/2024

Pros

The funnel automation is really well done and complete of features

Cons

creating new funnels can be difficult on new accounts

Riccardo
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

A great tool with many options

Reviewed on 1/4/2024

Pros

Complete tool for innovative email marketing

Cons

Onboarding could be more intuitive but still good anyway

Peggy
  • Industry: Publishing

Extremely User Friendly and Subscription Comes with Great Support

Reviewed on 20/6/2020

When my big company split up and sold off all of its individual brands, I went from having an email staff to me taking on that responsibility all myself. My staff had been using Hubspot and I did try to learn that platform but it was not intuitive, rather clumsy...and VERY expensive. And since we no longer had the deep corporate pockets we once had, I had to move to something that was lower priced and easy enough for me to be up and running quickly. I investigated about 4 difference platforms and settled on AC and have not been disappointed. I think I made a great choice that a non-tech person like me can use and won't break our small company bank.

Pros

I like the fact that someone like me, who has only ever written campaigns for others to create but now has to do everything myself, can get up to speed pretty quickly and now I feel very comfortable with the platform. Although there are some odd, small nuances in the drag and drop, that functionality is really good and let's me create my campaigns quickly and easily.

Cons

For the most part, this is a great tool, but there are a few things I would like to see addressed. The first one was just addressed recently and you can now "undo." Not having an undo and instead looking at a bunch of dropdown times was not efficient, so kudos to AC for fixing that! I would also like to be able to search my images by keyword...that would save me a ton of time. Also, and this one would really be helpful...I find that creating a suppression file is an awkward process. I would like to be able to choose and list to send to and a list to suppress against that send list. Creating the segment for the suppression is not intuitive and I get confused with that.

Morgan
Morgan

It was wonderful until we needed support

Reviewed on 21/7/2020

Initially we were thrilled with AC due to it’s ease of use and speed. However, recently we ran into a major issue that suddenly started showing up, and is preventing us from moving forward on a vital project. We used the chat, and initially the guy on the chat told us it was the fault of another vendor we had integrated with. After going back and forth, he agreed to look into it, and asked for a bit more information. I went to collect that, and when I came back, the chat had ended. Furthermore, when I tried starting a new chat, it said “chat is offline, you will have to send an email.” I noticed that the chat was disconnected and chat went offline at exactly 12 pm Pacific time, corresponding with lunchtime. This is crazy! Who goes offline in the middle of a chat with customers who pay over $200/month for software just so they can take their lunch break exactly on time?
Now I’m really wondering, can I trust AC when it counts? Because this kind of software is expensive enough and complex enough that it absolutely requires good support. So far, I’m not impressed. (Previous less critical support inquiries were eventually answered, but not particularly quickly).

Pros

AC is very easy to use and to set up. It’s more intuitive than most similar products we’ve tried. When it works right, it’s great.

Cons

Software like this is complex, and things inevitably break or have bugs. We have used most of the major platforms out there, and they all have periods of bugs and issues. Once you run into it, the only question is this: will support be there to help? Not AC support, not if it’s lunchtime.

Ontraport and Keap

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Ease of use and more CRM features in ActiveCampaign.

Kartra

Millie
Millie

A good all-rounder

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

Active Campaign is our one stop hub for our sales and marketing activity so we have an almost global view of how our customers and and prospects are interacting with us - the exception is our help desk but I'm sure we could integrate that too if we really wanted to.

We use Active Campaign to track our:
- Sales team interactions - emails, including emails we send from our own inboxes, tasks and follow up tasks, and call records - as long as we enter them!
- We use it to send and tracks all the newsletter/marketing interactions and all our automated emails for customers on free trials.
- We also track key interactions with our own product (though an integration we built ourselves) so the sales team have a quick reference to important behaviours.

Pros

Moved to Active Campaign from Infusionsoft (2 years ago now, before they changed their name) and we were very satisfied at that particular time that Active Campaign was the superior product.

Good marketing and automation tools - which have also had a lot of investment and attention in the two years we've been using Active Campaign - as well as a solid CRM and lead/opportunity management dashboard.

We have the Enterprise Grade subscription which gives us access to a dedicated account manager. This was really useful in the first year and we had an excellent account manager at that time.

Cons

Active Campaign have really focused in recent years on the live / real time behaviour tools and giving users the ability to build extremely complex automations. For us though, we would prefer a bit more focus on improving the CRM and things that make contact and lead management easier - such as the ability to add follow up tasks from the (otherwise excellent) Gmail widget.

Craig
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Great Features, Good Reliability

Reviewed on 25/2/2021

I needed something simple enough to train staff to use, but with the ability to do crazy, advanced things. Over the last decade+ I had been using numerous competitors, but think I might have found a permanent home with ActiveCampaign after using it for two years.

Pros

The automations are where ActiveCampaign really wins. You can do almost anything you'd want to do, and it really helps with the ability to track and move leads through a funnel.

Cons

There is no way to group together TAGs. This makes it difficult to keep track of them all when you use external software that might be creating tags based on prospect activity.

However, because of the ways Automations works, you rarely have to use TAGs. You can keep leads spinning around inside Automations, following unique paths, for the entire sales cycle.

GetResponse and Keap

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

I was finding Infusionsoft to be much more complicated than I had time for. TAGs and triggers just didn't fit with my way of thinking.

GetResponse, Keap and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

Our demo showed it to be much easier to use for complex projects.
Michelle
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Had to switch from MailChimp

Reviewed on 29/3/2021

Pros

I like how straightforward and intuitive the software is. -- I can actually see a visual flow map of the customer journey, I can create automated series and then schedule them easily, I can create a standard template for my weekly video campaign and then customize it without revisiting old or pre-designed templates; I wasn't able to do any of those things intuitively with MailChimp. I have fewer than 400 subscribers right now, and I'm really glad to be making the switch now instead of later down the road. ActiveCampaign is where I want to build the foundation for my email marketing from here on out.

Also, I had to buy a whole separate online course to learn how to use MailChimp and ActiveCampaign includes a startup course, "Getting Started," in their platform. Much appreciated!

This is turning into a MailChimp critique, but the other thing I didn't like was how I couldn't just type directly into the body of the email like how a NORMAL email works; I had to write in a separate box to the side and it made it hard to see what the actual email would end up looking like sometimes.

Cons

Honestly I don't have any feedback about what to improve yet; I've been using ActiveCampaign for just a couple weeks.

Flodesk, Constant Contact and Drip

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

See response to first question... (everything I enjoy so far about ActiveCampaign has to do with how much more intuitive and easy it is compared to MailChimp).

Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

Some big online entrepreneurs that I highly respect [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] with Thrive Themes, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] with Consulting Accelerator) use ActiveCampaign, and I figure they're using the best of the best for online course/consulting business marketing.
Letha
Letha
  • Industry: Events Services

Best Value For Your Email Marketing Channel

Reviewed on 20/6/2021

In the 8 years that I've been setting clients up it's been worked great. The first client that I setup, still uses it! The features and options are what make AC our go to platform. Moving to AC often reduces our clients tech stack overhead.

Pros

The combination of the UI and all the features makes this a no-brainer for us. We can easily manage email marketing or set our clients up to do it. In no instance has this been a bad choice. Typically, what makes the difference from the existing platform is the automation features. Our clients get to benefit from automated workflows gaining more engagement without additional costs.

Cons

I only would like for the dashboard to be more customizable and lead data driven. I think the reporting can be presented better.

Klaviyo, Drip and Keap

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Mailchimp - ease of use, Pardot - ease of use and costs.

Features and costs.
John

Easy Organization Of My List & My Favorite CRM

Reviewed on 15/10/2021

My overall experience has been very good. When I was first getting to know the system I used their chat support to figure things out and they sent me step by steps screen shots and customized video walkthroughs. That's what really won me over, knowing I can do just about anything I needed and instead of trying to take half a day to figure out how to do it on my own, they simply walk me through it now.

Pros

I like how easy it is to use the different mechanisms of ActiveCampaign. The tagging system is easy to use and really helps to organize my list. It also makes it so I don't have to create multiple lists and duplicate emails. I also have to say, their customer support has been awesome. Their chat support people will send me step by step screen shots on what to do and even record video for me to watch them set things up and explain how to do something. I mean seriously, their support is 5 star.

They also have a really good API system. I am able to connect different pieces of software to ActiveCampaign so my contacts or organized as they come in.

Cons

I don't really have anything to add here. It's easy to use and the support is fantastic.

Joshua

Active Campaign is the best email marketing software for startup brands & solopreneurs

Reviewed on 22/12/2021

The business problem I'm solving with Active Campaign is I needed email marketing software to collect the leads my business attracts, and place them in various different autoresponder sequences so my message can be delivered to my audience. Uplifting my readers until they feel comfortable becoming a buyer. Active Campaign has helped me create numerous buyers by spreading my message in a dependable way.

Pros

What I like most about Active Campaign is for the incredible power it gives you, it is fairly simple to use. Active Campaign allows you to deploy the most complex and profitable email marketing strategies known today such as deploying Soap Opera Sequences. They have a very convenient mobile app that they improve every year. They are also run by passionate people, that care about making an impact. It also doesn't hurt that getting started with Active Campaign is very affordable.

Cons

What I like least about this software is the email editor is still fairly clunky to use. It's not terrible. But recently there have been a few other new contenders with much more fun to use email editors such as Convertkit. However, Active Campaign's power and development roadmap keep me using Active Campaign over Convertkit. Active Campaign integrates with almost everything.

Active Campaign: Very good CRM on a budget

Reviewed on 14/3/2022

I totally recommend AC. There may be better options there like Hubspot, but AC is at a fraction of the cost and I think it covers most of what you could need as a small-medium company.

Pros

AC is a great solution, full of features that should be enough to cover Basic-To-Medium needs. It's very easy to use and the price is perfect for what you receive. Support is also great.

Cons

The reporting side of things is a bit limited, I miss better tools to report on what's going on in terms of campaign activations or simply status on deals and contacts.

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

At the time (a few years ago) Mautic was fully of bugs. It may have improved by now.

Price and functionality
Katya

ActiveCampaign is the most (arguably) the most popular for a reason

Reviewed on 5/11/2022

Any obstacle we have faced since migrating to this email software has been removed by their stellar customer service reps, who record screengrabs during your chat with them to answer questions. The software itself is the best we've experienced for email autoresponders.

Pros

Switching to ActiveCampaign has been a great business decision. Creating automations and flows triggered by customer activity has been a breeze and I commend their customer service for being readily available to answer any questions.

Cons

There is a large learning curve for this software. Many of their written tutorials on their website don't fully answer the questions I needed answered.

Flodesk

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

Our email deliverability was not as optimal as we wanted, which prompted us to do research into autoresponders that had better deliverability rates.

Klaviyo

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

ActiveCampaign was more advanced and had better customization.
Tarunika

Streamlined Email Marketing for Growth

Reviewed on 15/6/2023

As an sales enthusiast, ActiveCampaign has been a game-changer for me. Its powerful automation features have helped me streamline my campaigns, save time, and increase conversions. However, the user interface can be a bit overwhelming for beginners, requiring some time to navigate and master. Overall, ActiveCampaign is an indispensable tool for anyone seeking to optimize their e-mail marketing efforts.

Pros

My go-to email marketing tool because of its remarkable automation capabilities. I love how easily I can set up and customize funnels to optimize lead conversion. The segmentation options and intuitive UX make campaign management a breeze. The speedy database uploads and comprehensive reporting keep me informed in real-time. A/B testing and helpful webinars have been game-changers. It's a powerful, user-friendly solution that delivers outstanding results.

Cons

For me it took some time to grasp the distinction between "lists" and "contacts" for segmentation. While basic integrations work well, exploring its full potential requires additional investment. The email editor feels outdated, unlike the comprehensive tool it accompanies. Integration with CRMs needs improvement, especially in accurately tracking scoring processes. Enhanced triggers and a more complete template editor would be beneficial.

ConvertKit

Reasons for Choosing ActiveCampaign

The automation features are robust and intuitive, allowing me to streamline my campaigns effortlessly. The critical aspect I love is the detailed reporting, providing insights into engagement and conversion rates. The switch was a no-brainer for maximizing my marketing efforts.

Constant Contact and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

Its intuitive interface and robust automation features make it easy to create personalized, targeted emails. However, I wish the reporting and analytics capabilities were more advanced to provide deeper insights into campaign performance. Despite this, ActiveCampaign remains my top choice due to its overall effectiveness and user-friendly interface.
Noel

ActiveCampaing is the best tool for marketing an customer management!

Reviewed on 24/9/2023

From the moment I began using ActiveCampaign, it transformed the way I approach email marketing. The platform offers an amalgamation of depth and simplicity. While the features are advanced, they are laid out in a manner that’s easy to grasp. The support team deserves special mention. They've been consistently responsive and helpful, guiding me through any challenges. Whether it's managing contacts, setting up automations, or diving deep into analytics, ActiveCampaign has provided a reliable and efficient experience.

Pros

ActiveCampaign truly stands out in its user-friendly interface and powerful automation capabilities. The platform offers an extensive set of tools that make email marketing, segmentation, and automation a breeze. The built-in CRM is a game-changer, seamlessly integrating all my contact details and interaction histories. It also provides insightful tracking features, ensuring I understand my audience's behavior and can tailor my campaigns accordingly. Moreover, the level of customization available for emails, combined with the intuitive visual automation builder, has helped in crafting high-performing campaigns.

Cons

Honestly, there's not much to criticize given its overall performance. However, for newcomers to email marketing or those used to more basic platforms, there might be a bit of a learning curve initially. The vast array of features, while advantageous, can be a little overwhelming.

KlickTipp, Mailchimp and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

When considering other products in the market, it was clear that while many offered bits and pieces of what ActiveCampaign provides, none encapsulated its entire suite of tools. Platforms like Mailchimp and HubSpot were on the list, but ActiveCampaign's robust automation capabilities, combined with its CRM and pricing structure, made it the most attractive option. The positive reviews and its reputation in the community further solidified the decision.In conclusion, ActiveCampaign has become an indispensable tool in my marketing arsenal. For anyone serious about elevating their email marketing game, I wholeheartedly recommend giving it a try.

Best Marketing Automation platform for small and medium enterprises

Reviewed on 20/1/2020

I have used different marketing automation platforms and ActiveCampaign is now the best one I can recommend for begginers and SME.

Pros

ActiveCampaign has all the features that other "premium" platforms also have, but the price and the fast set up are totally a game changer.
In a few steps you can provision a marketing automation platform with all the capabilities.

Cons

For high database and high sending volumes, maybe it's not the best option. Large campaigns could take time in sending.

Brevo

Reasons for Switching to ActiveCampaign

More plans and options available. More flexibility and options in automations. Great community and integrations with most popular platforms.
Bencle
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

The finest prior and after-marketing Experience!

Reviewed on 14/6/2022

I enjoy being able to create attractive marketing emails to interact with my social space. I particularly like the degree of detail I can go into for my statistics and the ability to do client relationship wellness evaluations. I've worked with online trainers and program makers to assist them in properly understanding their targeted audience and customers, and I've significantly boosted their participation rates, sales, and income with the assistance of email marketing. If you are running a small or medium-sized company and want to save your time while making a profit on automation, Active Campaign is the solution for you. You must try using Active Campaign for your email campaigns provider if you want not just to generate business from emails and also to establish greater connections with your sign-ups.

Pros

Active Campaign features the finest Automations offered, with pre-built templates and a simple and convenient workflow editor that provides a comprehensive picture of the project. Perfect for practically any company's automated procedure. In addition to Active Campaign's amazing categorization, automation, and customization options for email advertising and consumer tracking, I adore and am astonished by how much attention it has invested into its customer support. They are extremely attentive and never failed to respond to any queries or problems I have regarding their service.

Cons

The prices are quite exorbitant. They have little built-in third-party connectivity; we must utilize Zapier to connect, which incurs additional costs. It wasn't the most user-friendly tool. It's all solvable, although it often takes more energy than I prefer. Other rivals have simplified things, however at the price of high-level flexibility which Active Campaign provides.

Biswajit

Review of ActiveCampaign

Reviewed on 8/3/2023

Overall, ActiveCampaign offers a wide range of features and benefits that can help businesses streamline their marketing and sales processes and improve their customer engagement and retention.Overall, while ActiveCampaign offers many benefits and is a powerful tool for businesses looking to improve their email marketing and automation efforts, it may not be the best fit for every business depending on their specific needs and budget.

Pros

ActiveCampaign is a powerful and comprehensive email marketing and automation software that offers a wide range of features and benefits for businesses of all sizes. Here are some of the key pros of using ActiveCampaign software:Email marketing: ActiveCampaign allows businesses to create and send targeted email campaigns, newsletters, and automated emails to their subscribers.Marketing automation: With ActiveCampaign, businesses can create complex marketing automation workflows that automatically trigger personalized messages and actions based on subscriber behavior and preferences.CRM integration: ActiveCampaign integrates with popular CRMs such as Salesforce and HubSpot, allowing businesses to manage their contacts and leads in one place.Segmentation and personalization: ActiveCampaign allows businesses to segment their subscribers based on various criteria such as behavior, location, and interests, and then send personalized messages to each segment.Lead scoring and management: ActiveCampaign provides lead scoring and management tools that help businesses identify and prioritize their most valuable leads.E-commerce integration: ActiveCampaign integrates with popular e-commerce platforms such as Shopify and WooCommerce, allowing businesses to track and analyze their sales data and customer behavior.Reporting and analytics: ActiveCampaign provides in-depth reporting and analytics tools that help businesses track the performance of their campaigns and workflows

Cons

Sure, here are some cons of ActiveCampaign software:Learning curve: While ActiveCampaign's user interface is generally user-friendly, some of its more advanced features may take some time and effort to master.Price: ActiveCampaign can be more expensive than some of its competitors, particularly for businesses with large email lists.Limited email templates: While ActiveCampaign offers a variety of email templates, the selection is not as extensive as some other email marketing software.Limited landing page options: ActiveCampaign's landing page builder is somewhat limited compared to some of its competitors, which may be a drawback for businesses that rely heavily on landing pages for lead generation.Limited social media integration: ActiveCampaign's social media integration is limited to Facebook Lead Ads, which may be a drawback for businesses that rely heavily on other social media platforms for lead generation.Limited support options: While ActiveCampaign offers email and live chat support, phone support is only available to customers on higher-priced plans.API limitations: ActiveCampaign's API has some limitations, particularly around the number of calls that can be made per day, which may be a drawback for businesses with complex automation needs.