4.2
4.3
Nagaraj B.

Good Project Management Software

Reviewed on 26/2/2018

Pros

Cloud based , good collaborative environment for project management activities like plan and workflow. Cost effective solution.

Cons

Tracking is not easy, need some improvements on functionality. Interfaces development is not easy take long time.

John T.

Highly Recommended

Reviewed on 21/7/2016

We used Clarizen for our project management. It is easy to learn, user friendly and our employees love it.

Pros

The user friendliness of Clarizen can not be beat. Recently, our company moved to Clarizen for project tracking and the transition couldn't have been easier. Employees rave about the ease of the system.

Cons

If i had to choose, the disconnect between Projects and tasks on the same view.
It would be nice to have these without the need of workflows to integrate them.

Melissa S.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Improves our business processes and communication

Reviewed on 18/9/2016

After launching Clarizen in our organization, it was easier than ever before to do resource management and get timesheets in. Therefore the data is more accurate so we can now make sound business decision based on accurate information.

Pros

It's easy to use and to change configuration or customize to best meet your user's needs.

Cons

Cost management is great but could use the concept of effective date to make it easy to use when spanning the fiscal year or promoting individuals.

Phil S.
Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

A flexible, intutive tool that is packed with features

Reviewed on 3/5/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Working with Clarizen is always easy, they are incredibly helpful and their Professional Services support is outstanding. Developing a custom timesheet module for our specific needs was never a problem for them and they have delivered far in excess of the original brief.

The layout and format of the system is so intuitive we have not needed to undertake lengthy training sessions to our users, almost all have found themselves navigating and operating without issue with only a basic introductory training session.

Cons

The only area where development is still required is the reporting tools. These tools are good, but they are not at the high level that I would want. That said there is significant development taking place that I am aware of and updates are made to improve this area particularly on a regular basis.

The tool does have the ability to export almost all data to Excel so if you can't do something within the reporting tools available, you probably can externally.

Alan C.

Great tool for collaboration

Reviewed on 25/7/2016

Great product that allows for a ton of flexibility. It's been great to be able to customize for the specific needs of each team, yet still have all teams in the same product.

Pros

The level to which you can customize, create custom actions and workflows, etc. is the best part of the product

Cons

Implementation can be tricky. Your instance starts with everything turned on, it would be better to start with a minimal instance and turn things on as you need to implement.

Sharon A.
Industry: Insurance

Lots of functionality at the user's fingertips

Reviewed on 3/4/2018

Project management, resource planning, baseline/planned/actual work comparison

Pros

Basic use is very intuitive. I can add a new user for time tracking, provide a basic tutorial and tips and tricks, and they are all set to be able to report time correctly.

Cons

The table relationships and keys are not obvious so creating a report that includes the data I need to show takes more time than I have.

Ryan H.

Clean interface, pretty easy to set up; social aspect excellent

Reviewed on 6/12/2016
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

I liked Clarizen's product. I've used other large PM software products and Clarizen's offering was easier to use overall.

Pros

The interface is very clean, it's very flexible and fits with many processes. It was pretty easy for us to customize to what we needed. The social functionality was great, it lead to improved team interaction and teamwork. I really liked that. The reports were good, and again pretty easy to set up. Creating custom fields to report on was easy. Support was good, I think our consultant was very flexible and helped us with things even he wasn't used to; he was very open to our processes and helped us make them happen in the tool. He was very responsive as well.

Cons

Seemed a bit expensive, and for our needs we found that any license except the most expensive was pretty useless. The levels of functionality in the lower licenses didn't help us at all. We ended up getting all licenses at the highest level.

Todd T.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Strong PPM with excellent customization

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 28/6/2019

Pros

The core PPM capabilities of Clarizen are very strong, but the biggest game change for us has been the 'custom objects' capability. This feature has allowed us to completely replace a legacy product management tool, running it as an integrated component of our Clarizen setup. Product and Project objects are linked together within a single system so that many business processes (item set-up, pricing approvals, product portfolio management) are happening within the same space as project management for new products.

Cons

Generally speaking, more functionality drives complexity in the user interface, and Clarizen is no different. It results in steeper learning curves vs. less full-featured solutions. Our hope is that Clarizen Go will help us solve this challenge for ordinary collaborators.

Gareth B.

For Enterprise PM and Collaboration Software, there is nothing better.

Reviewed on 17/7/2015

Experience:

We have been using Clarizen now at Hachette UK since 2015 and I must say it has enhanced the way we work dramatically. Gone are the days of having numerous spreadsheets, project plans and SharePoint issues logs, now we have one centralized application for our Programme of Projects, Milestones and Tasks, plus collaborative discussions within Clarizen itself, with a full history.

Pros:

+ Excellent Project & Work Item management.
+ Powerful Enterprise discussion module which link into everything Clarizen does, from Projects to issues.
+ A customisation engine to build custom workflows, fields, views and even your own HTML/Javascript front end panels (for your own Forms etc).
+ Reporting and Dashboards, again with custom reporting.
+ A best-of-class Customer Services and community and quick responses.
+ A public product Roadmap which you can contribute to, with regular releases with new functionality.
+ Rich API for developers to hook into.
+ Growing community of Clarizen users and an App Marketplace of customisations, built using Clarizens own custom engine.
+ Collaboration extends to users outside of Clarizen itself (Sharing reports & widgets).

Cons:

- Clarizen sells Agile support. Yes there is a Team board, burndown charts etc, but the implementation is not good.
- The amount of options available can be overwhelming until you have got to grips with the product.
- Security groups within Clarizen needs to be out of the box and not a custom workflow. At the moment, there isnt a simple way of creating confidential Projects.

Industry: Telecommunications

A great SAAS tool to have for your Project Management teams

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

Pros

Extremely easy to use
Easily customizable
Price points make sense per user
Able to share information to all departments via email
High level overview with charts for executives that need to big pictures

Cons

There are instances of downtime, but they communicate quickly and level set expectations

Sean W.

Wrap Clarizen Around Your Organizations Requirements!

Reviewed on 8/7/2015

I have had the pleasure of seeing Clarizen implemented in many different ways by many different organizations. I attended an event where we received presentations from a few organizations and I WAS blown away at the vast differences in implementations. Clarizen is not a one size fits all. Clarizen is a "How can we fit you" company. There is one key question to ask during a selection process. What are my requirements? Clarizen will meet them, will others?

Benefits for our organization:

Resource Utilization, Considering prior to using Clarizen resource utilization WAS guesswork on the part of the Project Manager I would have to say having any realistic visibility much less the excellent level Clarizen provides is only to be said as exceptional.

Clarizen API, We made heavy use of the API integrating Clarizen with two core systems already in use at TCiCT. We integrated actual effort with Service-Now and our homegrown time management software.

Project Reporting, Clarizen provides an excellent built in reporting tool that as of late is only getting better with the ability to create custom dashboards directly through the software.
Providing management with well laid out project metric data is as important as keeping your project on schedule.

Frederik V.

Clarizen 5.4 review

Reviewed on 25/5/2012

Clarizen brings peace of mind in a fast paced environment - we create multimedia animations - and makes sure everyone can focus on their key competences. Since we use Clarizen, we feel we have more control over our business, margins, reporting and overall customer success.

Using Clarizen and customizing it is straightforward, for project managers using common tools (MS Project), Clarizen is a very easy to understand and use solution.

The most important thing that impressed me is the proximity of the Clarizen team. They are quick with to the point answers, very accessible and open to listen to your challenges.

Pros

Clarizen gives you all ins and outs of project management and goes way beyond. If you go the extra mile and link it to SalesForce.com, you get so much more customer insight - relevant data is shared amongst your entire company to every department.

Cons

Getting more reports out of Clarizen is a bit of a struggle if you want to step beyond the standard offering. It requires some tinckering with an Excel plugin, which does the job - frankly. That is a point of improvement Clarizen is very aware of.

Matt B.
Industry: Financial Services

Clarizen is a very robust, yet collaborative PM software. I've enjoyed the level of support too!

Reviewed on 2/8/2017

Pros

Functionality, intuitiveness, collaboration tools, the configuration settings aren't too hard to use, and I like how it integrates with Salesforce

Cons

I wish the exported Excel files could include the charts/graphs that are created in reports. It has this capability with PDFs, but so far I haven't seen anything for Excel.

Tammy A.
Industry: Legal Services

Project management at its best

Reviewed on 20/6/2018
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Cloud based Project management software that includes workflow automation. These features make this software one of the best we have used so far.

Cons

This software helps to open communication in our office and to know exactly where we are with a project and who we are waiting on to move to the enxt step.

Henrik J.

Marketing Collaboration

Reviewed on 15/2/2018

Pros

Clarizen gives an organized work stream to showcasing ventures that empowers various clients to team up on the expectations and track advance. Generally speaking, it accomplishes this objective well.

Cons

Maybe not an abhorrence: Clarizen is centered around its advertising coordination highlights. Might it be able to offer all the more supporting usefulness for related necessities of advertisers? Maybe, however that is not the expected objective of Clarizen, I would induce. What's more, that is fine. Spotlight on what you're great at.

Likelihood to recommend: 7.0/10

Re nauta B.

Clarizen is pretty great. It's interactive and really great for efficiency.

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 9/12/2017

Pros

I love the accessibility. I can access my database from all of my devices which is so important since I'm always on the go.

Cons

Setup is a bit time consuming but the software is amazing overall. I can't really complain. It's a must try.

Jim N.

Serious Project Management tool

Reviewed on 27/9/2016

Clarizen offers a range of tools for your project management needs and especially for the value, it proves to be one of the top products on the market.

Pros

Works well with Salesforce.com by providing additional helpful information

Cons

Requires a lot of training and time to adapt for non-techsavy staff

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Ryan H.
Industry: Consumer Goods

Love the ease of Customization

Reviewed on 29/1/2019

Pros

It is incredibly easy to customize the software to meet your needs. From fields to panels just about everything can tweaked to meet your needs

Cons

Some of integrations are not super straightforward.

Industry: Computer Software

Great product - Fantastic support!

Reviewed on 12/8/2015

Clarizen is a great product with fantastic support. Their webinars are great examples of how to do things right, they have Q&A sessions that anyone can join and get all of your questions answers. Keep up the great work gang.

Pros

Great support and webinars, fantastic innovation in the product.

Cons

So many features can make it hard to use for a none technical person.

Jeff D.

Great project management tool with robust features

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 1/5/2018

Pros

Clarizen is the first project management software I used and it has so many features. My favorite is the customizable dashboard. Let's me know all the information I need to know.

Cons

I kinda wish it was less expensive or had more options for purchasing. If you are a first time project manager there is a little bit of a learning curve you'll need to get by.

Andrzej L.
Industry: Construction

One of the best project management solutions on the market.

Reviewed on 27/12/2013
Review Source: SoftwareAdvice

Pros

Clarizen is an online SaaS that provides the best solution to project management. Clarizen is a great collaboration platform that lets you coordinate and manage projects. I really like the Clarizen customer attention as well; it's very professional. Clarizen licensing is really competitive also.

Cons

Sometimes it's a little bit slow, and there's no app for iPad.

Industry: Computer Software
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Project Portfolio System

Used Other for Free Trial
Reviewed on 17/12/2018

Pros

* it can give a realtime view into the portfolio health to executives.
* intuitive UI
* super reporting capabilities. Use can create custime views which can be used for Project Meetings.

Cons

* bit expensive
* template management process is complicated
* they have good knowledge base but difficult to find the information.

Pracha C.

Success in Practice

Reviewed on 6/11/2015

I have used this application for around 3 months. WoW is here. I can analyze data I have on Live. The organization I work for have decent projects in the portfolio and we spent too much time talking something that we can actually find directly on Clarizen. Right now, data is here, it saves lots of my time and also my colleagues. I love the People module which allows me to do resource balancing and Dashboard module as well. There are more great things in this App.

Pros

- Live, everyone sees the same data set.
- Be able to share reports/dashboards outside the Clarizen

Cons

- Sometimes the system shows slow responses when I send requests/comments.

Isaac N.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising

Rating only

Reviewed on 10/12/2015

Pawel B.

Review by Software Project Management

Reviewed on 18/1/2010

The best web-based project management software I worked with so far.

Pros

Scheduling, Task Management, MS Project Import, External Users, GUI Design, Usability Features, Support

Cons

Price: The first and the most important issue is Clarizen pricing. It is also a second and third most important issue respectively. Clarizen is expensive. It’s very expensive.
History, Risk Management, Item Workflow