Paycom

Cloud-based human capital management (HCM) software

4.2/5
4.4/5
4.3/5
4.3/5

Alberto
Alberto

Paycom handles forms excellently

Reviewed on 23/5/2023

Paycom was the payroll service we used. They are trained to complete all the forms, calculations and procedures and do it correctly. The difficulty of the operation lies in taking on the heavy lifting of processing our salary so that I can focus on building my company. We transferred from ADP to Paycom and the decision was absolutely the right one. I wanted to be treated like I was local and not like I was a number or an abstract entity. Paycom fits the needs of a small business and meets the needs of a small business, thus meeting my requirements. Over three years of experience with Paycom has been rewarding for all involved. We have an excellent relationship and I feel that Paycom respects my employees' time, is efficient and professional at every opportunity. Paycom takes care of calculating, paying and filing payroll taxes, wages and computations, and does it successfully the first time.

Pros

I researched the qualities of ease of use, cost and being a proven provider, plus I have to tell you that Paycom delivers on all fronts for my small business. Payroll runs in just a few minutes and if anything goes wrong, my representative communicates quickly and efficiently to prevent anything from intercepting our employees' payroll accurately and on time. Paycom is a security and law focused kind of company, knowing this makes me feel comfortable that security is a priority, just like for our restaurant, it's important to them.

Cons

My rep discussed the readability of the reports with me at the beginning of 2017 and immediately my concerns were addressed and resolved. If you give Paycom good reviews, they fix the problem right away.

Response from Paycom

Hi, Alberto. We appreciate your advocacy! It's great to know that our customizable software fits the needs of your small business. If you have any more feedback, please share it with us at [email protected].

Camille
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Paycom is a benefit!

Reviewed on 2/2/2024

Overall, it has been a pleasant experience.

Overall, it has been a pleasant experience.

Pros

The ease of the platform and the ability to pull time reports.

Cons

There is not much I do not like. So far all our company needs have been met.

Response from Paycom

Camille, we're glad to hear Paycom is meeting your organization's needs and creating efficiency for you and your team members! Thank you for your positive review.

Riley
  • Industry: Hospitality

User Friendly and Efficient

Reviewed on 15/1/2024

Pros

Paycom is a fantastic application. I prefer using the app on my phone over the website online, however both are great. Something I really like about Paycom, is how user friendly and easy to navigate the application is. I never have any issues.

Cons

Sometimes, it is difficult to see if your punch is submitted. I've only had this happen a few times. Usually, you will receive a pop-up notificaiton that the punch has gone through, but there was a few occasions where this did not happen.

Response from Paycom

Thank you for your positive review and feedback, Riley! It's great to hear you're enjoying Paycom and its user-friendly features! If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to our team at [email protected].

James
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Beware of Cost and other claims

Reviewed on 24/10/2023

We have had a bad experience with Paycom. They are a petty, unethical company. The salespeople do not accurately represent the costs of the system. Paycom over billed us by $100K in the first 12 months of the contract because they put the “wrong” rates in. Shame on us for not noticing this sooner, but when we did they would only pay us back $75K over 3 months! They said $25K of the disputed amount we “signed” up for. The implementation was also sloppy as many of the integrations that they had promised were not working. It was a revolving door of consultants trying to help us. I will give them credit for having a good mobile app and marginally better reporting, but if you are with ADP or UKG, think twice about switching. I am happy to talk about my experience.

Pros

Mobile app is good as is the reporting in general.

Cons

Fees that were charged were wrong and sales people did not thoroughly explain the billing process. Very opaque.

Reasons for Choosing Paycom

UKG service and software was not good.

UKG Pro

Reasons for Switching to Paycom

Claims of better reporting, better user experience.

Response from Paycom

Hi, James. We've connected with the team serving your organization and understand they have been in contact with you to help resolve your concerns. We recommend working with them as they will be able to assist you. If you need anything further, please email us at [email protected].

Mary

Pricey but worth it

Reviewed on 21/12/2023

Our dedicated specialist were great. [sensitive content hidden] were amazing with our implementation and we feel more confident navigating Paycom.

Pros

The new feature Beti is great and puts more accountability on employees to make sure their timecard/hours are correct and in making sure they submit their timecards in on time as well.

Cons

The annual cost is what I like least about this system.

Response from Paycom

We're thrilled to hear about your Paycom experience, Mary! It's especially great to hear how our team and product have served your organization. Thank you for your partnership and advocacy!

Cyndi
Cyndi
  • Used for 1-5 months

Don't waste your valuable time with this product

Reviewed on 31/7/2020

Paycom does not offer a demo account, like many of their competitors, so you have to rely on a quick 1 hour demo given by a sales person, which doesn't adequately capture the true functionality of this system. While the employee interface is decent, the HR and Admin management side is a nightmare. It's incredibly complex and it's just not possible to get it up and running easily. It will take a significant amount of energy on your side to get it functional. Additionally, many promises that were made in the sales pitch were not honored. The transition team and payroll team I had were not terribly experienced, lacked knowledge of payroll and their own system, and I had to walk them through several items that I didn't expect to have to do. Our employees weren't set up correctly. Products I paid for were not available on our account. I very quickly realized that this system was not going to work for our team and moved to cancel our account and the customer service was pretty awful, going all the way up to upper management. In the week I've tried to shut down this account, I got our company up and running with a different system that was everything I was looking for. All in all, I would not recommend this system unless you have A LOT of time to implement and train and you feel like learning a very specific system.

Pros

The time keeping modal was the easiest to use, however it still isn't super intuitive.

Cons

In 2020, with so many other INCREDIBLY user friendly options, Paycom is in the land of antiquated systems that are not intuitive or user friendly.
* They use internal/proprietary language that isn't common or helpful. You have to learn how they say things before you are able to learn how to navigate the system.
*System is incredibly complex and difficult to learn. Not intuitive at all.
* Benefits Administration is non comparable with other platforms. If you are seeking a system to take that work off your plate, this isn't it.
*Incredibly complex systems to managing HR documents. Again, it adds more work than other options and ends up not being worth it.
*Overall, requires a pretty heavy time investment to train on this system. With so many other systems made to work easily from day 1, it's a big ask for a small company to sink that much time into training.

TriNet Zenefits, BambooHR and Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing Paycom

Paychex is antiquated and their service is horrible.

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to Paycom

Initially because of the service that was promised. That didn't pan out to be the reality of what was delivered, but the initial sales team was incredibly nice.

Response from Paycom

We're sorry you were unhappy with your Paycom experience. After researching further, we were able to determine our team worked closely with you to confirm the system was set up properly and because of our due diligence, we discovered there were issues with your internal data from your previous provider. Each question you posed to our team appears to have been promptly responded to with a helpful hand and with additional training materials. Based on our large volume of positive reviews, we are confident in the service our team provides and the ease-of-use of our software. However, we are always striving to get better. Each client's experience is important to us, and we will be sure to note your feedback.

Kelly
  • Industry: Human Resources

Paycom is an EASY and INTUITIVE platform!

Reviewed on 23/2/2024

My overall experience has been fantastic! Our implementation team is one of the best I have experienced in my career. The team communicates and works closely with one another. It has been a wonderful transition!

Pros

The Paycom platform is easy to view and immediately start using. The Welcome menu is easy to view, and alerts and notifications are clearly marked to grab the practitioners attention. I love that employees have to approve their paychecks! This saves HR/Payroll in any potential payroll corrections.

Cons

It wold be nice to have a customizable home page to include more company specifics, data, hyperlinks, etc.

Response from Paycom

We're proud to hear about your experience with our team and product, Kelly! It's great to know you and your organization find Paycom user-friendly and intuitive. Thank you for allowing us to serve your organization and for your positive review!

Aareon
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Payroll is no longer Dreaded!

Reviewed on 24/1/2024

Pros

I love that this system tracks EVERYTHING! Paycom is very compliance oriented and they not only look out for themselves in the scope of compliance but they also ensure that you as a client are not a risk. The always ensure that you are provided with support and work collaboratively, which means if your dedicated rep is out someone on their team is familiar with your account and can assist.

Cons

Nothing really. Initially starting it can seem to be alot if you are not as tech savvy and as the system is very robust, however, they will walk you thru step by step.

Response from Paycom

We're thrilled to hear about your experience with our product and team, Aareon! It's rewarding to know that Paycom has been a supportive addition to your organization. We appreciate your partnership and advocacy! Thank you.

Bill
  • Industry: Food Production

Paycom implementation review

Reviewed on 16/2/2024

Pros

The time and response from the installation team.

Cons

There were some features, mainly scheduling, that weren't as easy to use as we expected.

Response from Paycom

We're proud to hear our team has provided you and your organization with timely and helpful implementation assistance, Bill! Thank you for your 5-star review and advocacy!

Deonna

Payday paycom

Reviewed on 12/1/2024

Paycom helps me a lot as a remote worker. I have not trouble clocking in or out and I am able to correct anything myself and don't have to wait for a manager or payroll to fix it for me

Pros

It's easy to use and really easy to fix accidentally clocking the wrong time and easy to correct it yourself.

Cons

None, I didn't have any issues.Paycom is very easy to navigate.

Response from Paycom

We're happy to know Paycom has been easy to use and overall simplifies your payroll tasks, Deonna! Thank you for your 5-star review!

ANTONIO
  • Industry: Building Materials

It pays to use Paycom!

Reviewed on 7/1/2020

Paycom has made everything related to HR easier. Whether it's payroll, benefits, SOP's, document signing even business process tutorials, everything is in one place now and easier to access and interact with.

Pros

Paycom was, at first, difficult. Like any new software you want everything to be where it was before. It wasn't. However with just a few short uses and the tutorials I realized that it was easier, faster and better organized than the software we were using before, which was online based instead of app based. Thank god we switched to Paycom, which made all of our business lives related to HR processes faster, easier and more efficient.

Cons

Once I learned it I have not found anything to complain about. Okay, the fingerprint log in doesn't always work perfectly. :) There.

Reasons for Choosing Paycom

Not enough flexibility. We with 450+ employees we needed more access to more information in one place so we could try everyone once on one software.

Reasons for Switching to Paycom

We were using ADP and switched. Thought about staying with it because training 450 people is always a challenge. However, the benefits to change were to great.

Response from Paycom

Antonio, thank you for the raving review! We are thrilled that you are enjoying your Paycom experience!

KIMBERLEY
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Extremely Robust HR and Payroll Software!

Reviewed on 7/7/2021

Paycom representatives take the time to work with us on an individual basis to not only show us how to set up the features to our unique needs but they also performed training sessions with all of our staff.

Pros

The Paycom package has a multitude of different modules that you can either opt-in or out of making this completely customizable to your needs. Its integration with Great Plains to export payroll makes processing our payroll a lot less manual and saves us considerable time. The Employee Self Service feature puts the employee in control of their time off requests, direct deposit information, personal information, etc without the need to fill out manual paper forms. The employee's entry in the Employee Self Service updates their information immediately without interaction with our corporate HR department.

Cons

The setup of all of the features is a bit time-consuming but worth it in the end. The system is extremely robust and like all robust systems, it takes some time to get all of the features set to meet the unique needs of an organization.

Response from Paycom

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're glad you are enjoying our customer service, and we're happy our software has helped streamline your payroll process. Feel free to share any enhancements you'd like to see with our team at [email protected].

Erich
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Employee Driven Payroll

Reviewed on 29/6/2022

From our old payroll solution, Paycom is head and shoulders above what we had before, it is efficient and the cost-savings in all aspects of HR are great. Standing on it's own, it has some quirks that we need to get used to and support is lacking at times, but once you can get to someone, it's pretty easy to get any issues fixed up with a simple phone call (although it may take you 2-3 of them to actually get someone).

Pros

Switching from our previous solution, Paycom allowed us to move towards more employee empowerment and transparency. We were able to move our time clock out of our ERP system into payroll directly cutting down the time to process. The initial costs of the product were good, although add-ons can be expensive for items. We can manage all aspects of the HR lifecycle from onboarding, benefit administration and sign-up, weekly payroll, tax calculations, even robust reporting through the system. Use of the website and mobile app makes it much easier to manage for employees and administrators.

Cons

Costs can add up as you add on features that you'd like to have, but have to justify the costs for them. At one time we looked at the LMS system, but the per user cost was prohibitive to add on to the payroll. Our original thought was to move away from our old payroll solution to save money, we end up paying about the same, but have a more modern infrastructure now and more app-based interface which is good for the users. Support could be better at times, while we have a dedicated rep, getting a hold of them can be a trick.

Paychex Flex and Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing Paycom

Support with ADP was awful, call center based and never had a dedicated person that knew you and your business. Paycom is better in this regard, but still has it's own issues with knowledge and timeliness of the reps getting back to you. ADP was a large, lumbering program, Paycom is much leaner by comparison.

Reasons for Switching to Paycom

Initial cost, feature set and expandability for the future were our driving forces to choose Paycom, I would do it again.

Response from Paycom

Hello, Enrich. It's great to see that your company has benefited from using Paycom. Our software is designed to make all levels of employment easier and more efficient. We are excited about continuing to work with you and the opportunity to show you all the benefits our solution has to offer! If you have any additional feedback or suggestions for enhancements, please feel free to connect with your dedicated Specialist or our team at [email protected].

Katrina
Katrina

Paycom improves by unifying the tasks of the HR team

Reviewed on 11/9/2023

Because with Paycom, we are able to maintain HR compliance in today's complex business environment. We trust them with some of our most sensitive employee data because of the way their platform has evolved and progressed over time.

Pros

Paystubs, upcoming payments, and requests for accrued vacation time are all easily accessible. This is also used on a daily basis for employee time tracking and the administration of company records relating to salary and benefits.

Cons

The app's interface can be confusing to new users who haven't watched a tutorial video. Clocking in only works when we are directly linked to the firm's wifi, which is annoying, but may have been intentional on the part of the organization.

Response from Paycom

Katrina, it's great to hear Paycom has positively impacted you and your organization's payroll process! Thank you for the 5-star review, and for entrusting us with your HR needs.

Samia
  • Industry: Automotive

Paycom Overall Review

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

It's helped solve a lot of on boarding process problems. It's helped simplify the process of a new hire since on boarding is now mainstreamed through Paycom. We did have a hiccup once with our W2's not being correct and have had to go back and fourth with the company on a few things. The software overall is awesome. I think the issues lie within the back end on the company.

Pros

How easy it was to learn and catch on to things within the system. The neat features and wizards in place to help set things up.

Cons

Sometimes when I reach out with a question to our rep, the rep doesn't read my email thoroughly to understand what I am asking so sometimes I have to repeat myself or word something differently.

UKG Pro

Reasons for Switching to Paycom

Paycom had a lot more features than Ultipro. User friendly.

Response from Paycom

Thank you for the 5-star review, Samia! We are so thrilled that you are enjoying your Paycom experience! We appreciate you sharing your feedback and will be sure to share it with our team! If you have any additional feedback you would like to share, please, feel free to reach out to us at [email protected].

Karissa
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Bait and switch, twice

Reviewed on 13/2/2020

Bait and switch, twice now. Do not recommend.

Bait and switch, twice now. Do not recommend.

Pros

Client specialist is excellent at responding.

Cons

Beware this is a company that seems to be having some internal changes to its policies and practices. The first sign is when our sales person quit. Upper Management and local sales team members blame others instead of focusing on customer service and doing the right thing. We were absolutely "misled". Twice. We should have gone with Paylocity which was considerably less expensive but chose this company because it had excellent reviews and we were told that our price point would not change, that Paycom does not raise their prices on existing clients. Lie. Just received a notice of a 3.8% after one year. We were told price would only increase if we opted to use any future add on features they developed. We were also misled and told that what we signed on for included all the modules they offered at the time of signing. Another lie. When we went to get training on some of these features, we were told we didn't have them activated even though we provided email proof with our sales person that we were expecting to have access to these modules when we signed on. I do not trust this company. A little over a year with them and we've had two major issues where we've had the bait and switch pulled on us. Software is ok once you're trained. We've experienced payroll glitches with incorrect amounts being shown as being removed from our bank but all three times it was caught and fixed in time thankfully. I cannot recommend this company.

Response from Paycom

We're saddened to see this as your experience, as what you have described does not meet our expected standards. We pride ourselves on cultivating strong partnerships with our clients through our commitment to transparent communication. We would love the opportunity to learn more about your feedback and how we can help to improve your experience. Please reach out to us at [email protected]. We look forward to speaking with you, Karissa!

Paul

When nobody else would help..

Reviewed on 6/10/2023

I'm loving this service, and the customer service team is always on point and available! I would recommend this to any business owner, especially anybody just starting out that doesn't have extensive experience with payroll or business in general. Unfortunately I think it's difficult to have to do the wired transfers every week, I feel like Paycom should have the ability to make this easier on the clients, where most payroll companies allow just routing an account info or a debit card linked, but in a world where nobody else would help me out, I I'm happy to go through those motions and a very appreciative of the service!

Pros

Unfortunately, I began adulting a little later on in life, and my credit has a few dings on it which made it difficult to find a company who would give me a shot. Thankfully, Paycom was here for me, and has treated me amazingly. I've had the most wonderful experiences with every team member I've been in contact with, and they took all the time that I needed to teach me about every feature of the service and how to work things out, what to do in different scenarios, and they thoroughly explained everything I needed to know and many things I didn't even think about. I would absolutely recommend this service to anyone!

Cons

The only thing that would make this app any easier to use would be an easier payment method.Instead of having to send a wire out every week, I've tried to bring to my bank the "draw down" information, but unfortunately not all banks play nicely with that.. I've had to settle for adding a wire transfer feature to my online banking, which is still an additional expense although less than the total of 4 monthly wires, but I think Paycom should have the capability of taking my account and routing info, or even my business account debit card info, and allowing for payments to be made that way, instead of obligating users to go through the intricate motions of the "Draw Down" (which no banker seemed to know about) or having to go to the bank every week to spend an additional 25$ on a wire 🙃

Gusto, RUN Powered by ADP, Roll by ADP and Paycor

Reasons for Switching to Paycom

Denied by the other companies!

Response from Paycom

Thank you for sharing your experience! We pride ourselves on providing world-class client service. We are happy to hear you are having a positive experience with Paycom. Thank you for your continued support.

• Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

A HRIS System That WORKS!!!

Reviewed on 2/11/2020

In February of 2020, we were introduced to our Transitional Specialist and that was [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. WOW!! What an exceptional person and specialist [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is. From the first meeting/training to the last meeting/training, she was able to teach, explain and get back to us on questions quickly which was always above and beyond. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very clear on what she needed up front and was never hesitant to clarify things that were not clear to her. The one thing that stood out was the system that we had was not user friendly when it came to pulling certain information out to send to Paycom but that did not stop her from making it happen. Her work ethic was always professional and positive. Trainings were easy because she always took time to explain why each step was important as opposed to just click here and move on. Her note taking while training was happening impressed us because she never started a new training session each week without handling last week’s questions. She always had the items fixed or had the questions answered. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is incredible not only on the trainings but she always gets back to our emails in a timely manner every time!! Turnaround time and getting straight answers from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was so refreshing since our old system did not offer that. We are confident that the Paycom team all follow this policy.

Paycom is a phenomenal HRIS system!

Pros

In every aspect from payroll to recruiting to onboarding Paycom understands the importance of people's time. Paycom functions are quick and easy to use. The approval process from department to employee is simple and easy. The phone app is quick and employees do not have to spend time looking for what they need, everything is laid out in a clear manner. Applicant tracking is easy from start to finish. Our company also has the expenses part and for our team it is really easy to work from their phone and then submit.
Payco definitely has many different components but each one is easy to use. This is a great investment because it is all at your fingertips. The last part is you don't have to get all the components at once you can customize the system to work for what is right for your company.

Cons

So far I do not have any cons. I am impressed with how the company runs.

Response from Paycom

We're thrilled our software has helped streamline your HR initiatives! Thank you for the 5-star review!

• Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Paycom is the One Stop Shop!

Reviewed on 24/4/2019

Our previous vendor was built off bolt on modules, not products they developed. This vendor didn't allow for online signing of new hire paperwork, didn't have a built in electronic I-9, had separate time and attendance and PTO tracking. It became a full time job just to keep up with their time and attendance and PTO tracking.

When we were shopping for new HRIS software we knew we wanted one system and Paycom was the only one we found that was truly one system. Since bringing in Paycom we have moved into the digital age! With all the efficiencies we have found utilizing Paycom we have been able to save on overhead and have maintained an open headcount for the HR department. Not only is the software top notch but we love having top notch customer service as well! Not only do we have a dedicated payroll specialist that we can contact for day to day questions and assistance but we also have a Customer Relations Representative (CRR) that is available for onsite training and overview of the system to ensure we are getting the most of the system and fully utilizing the products we purchased!

Pros

Paycom is the one stop shop for HRIS systems. From posting job opportunities, tracking applicants through the interview process, onboarding, and the entire employee life cycle, Paycom has it all. Just when you think it can't get better they do a monthly release that makes you go "wow!". They are innovative and always looking for ways to make the HR professional's life easier!

Cons

One area of focus I would recommend would be more content development in their new LMS module. The module itself is really user friendly but having content is the toughest part of building an LMS. Having more pre-built content would help utilize the module quicker.

Response from Paycom

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're happy to partner with you to be your ?one-stop shop? payroll and HR technology solution.

Miranda
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Paycom

Reviewed on 26/11/2019

Very very satisfied. Highly recommend to any business. Amazing company to work with.

Pros

Easy to use. Is/can be a one stop shop for any employer. Application tracking system is amazing and saves time when entering a new hire into the system. Also has government and task management section that has pre-loaded modules to send out to employees to help keep a company in compliance with federal/state laws.

Customer Support is awesome. Our assigned rep reaches out monthly to see how things are going and will schedule meetings every few months to come onsite to discuss any changes, upcoming changes and to answer any questions you may have or walk you through something you may be having an issue with

Cons

One thing i wish paycom had the option for is taking an applicant that you have saved/generated under "Candidate Tracking" and be able to convert them into either the Applicant Tracking and/or creating a profile for them if you hire the employee. Currently, if you save an applicant as a "candidate" you cannot convert them to the applicant tracking side or make them a profile once the job offer has been accepted.

Response from Paycom

Miranda, thank you for the 5-star review! We are so glad that you are enjoying your Paycom experience! We appreciate you sharing your perspective regarding candidates, and how building a progressive profile that spanned multiple products would create a better user experience. We will be sure to share that with our team. Please let us know if you have any additional feedback; we love hearing from our clients!

Bri
  • Industry: Printing

Once the kinks worked out, we've been happy

Reviewed on 23/4/2019

Our largest issue has been that Paycom's PTO accrual functioned ONLY according to the process of payroll, which our company's does not (we accrue first of the month, roll over EOY, and tracking/accrual has nothing to do with a pay date). This has hopefully been fixed with new functionality rolled out, but we're still in the process of converting.

Pros

Everything is all in one place, and for the most part does exactly what we need it to do. Paycom is my 4th HRIS implementation, and the on-site support throughout implementation has so far been unmatched. Reporting is relatively easy to figure out, and having a dedicated specialist has meant that anything else we needed has been given to us well. No implementation has been 100% smooth, and there will always be errors in setup and functionality you thought would be there but isn't, but overall it's been good.

Cons

As with any tech company, turnover is insane. Throughout our implementation and post-live support, we have been the 1st or MAYBE the 2nd client these representatives have had. This has meant we were sold products that didn't work as advertised, set up in the system incorrectly, or support has been novice. This has been largely due to unseasoned employees who don't entirely know all of the answers yet. This makes it hard to get things done right the first time.

Response from Paycom

Bri, we greatly appreciate your feedback and your review. Our team is constantly finding ways to improve how users interact with Paycom and we will pass our product team your comments.

Casey J.
Casey J.
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

User friendly - yet powerful.

Reviewed on 5/12/2019

When my organization switched to Paycom, I was one of the first people to learn how to use the system as a staff trainer. The process was quick and painless, and I was able to use the user-friendly interface to provide knowledge transfer to a wide variety of staff. Personally, I find the interface enjoyable as I manage my own time and benefits. I use the desktop application, as well as the mobile interface - both being simple and easy.

Pros

I have used other payroll/HR/Benefits applications, and Paycom has been the most useful by far. As a middle management end-user, I have found that navigating through the employee and client portals to be simple and efficient, which is something that is quite helpful in our fast-paced environment. As a staff trainer, Paycom is also easy to teach to our front-line staff who have a wide variety of experience with the use of technology.

Cons

I really cannot say that there is anything major that I dislike about the software. A minor aggravation can occur when you login to the application (we do not use a SSO) from a new terminal, and you must answer security questions with perfect syntax, lest you be locked out temporarily.

Response from Paycom

Casey, thank you for the review! We are so glad that you are enjoying your Paycom experience! Please, feel free to share any additional feedback you may have with us at [email protected].

Sarah
Sarah
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Great functionality and one-stop shop!

Reviewed on 23/9/2020

Pros

Great functionality, all-encompassing, user-friendly, and great support.

Cons

better reporting and alignment between payroll and time & attendance

UKG Pro and ADP TotalSource

Reasons for Choosing Paycom

technology upgrade and creating efficiencies

Response from Paycom

Thank you for the review! We're glad you find the app user-friendly. We would like to learn more about your feedback. Please feel free to reach out to your dedicated specialist or with our team at [email protected]

Edwin
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
  • Used for 2+ years

Not a good experience at all

Reviewed on 12/1/2019

We have been with Paycom for three years and the money I have spent with them has, many times, felt like I am being taken advantage of. If anyone wonders why we still use them, it is not easy changing payroll companies for a 300 person firm. I am sure their intentions are good, their product is not bad but their handling of problems is atrocious. It is unbelievably frustrating and 2019 is the year we start with someone else. There are a lot of good people there and a lot of poor management. Maybe they should take some of the little guys and move them up the ladder.

Pros

The time it took to convert from ADP to Paycom was good, but not high quality. Daily tech support was very good but levels above that began to go downhill.quickly.

Cons

Just about everything. Promises were made in the beginning and some of them were, literally, just lies. These empty promises were just completely ignored.
Initial implementation was riddled with problems and very little support from tech side. Follow-up issues were addressed with "I promise to make sure everything is resolved". I heard this from a number of higher level people and never heard from them again. Every year our W2s were sent out incorrect without being allowed to review them prior to posting them to employees. Adjustments were made to our bi-weekly payroll without our knowledge and it took sometimes days or weeks to get explanations. We were charged for things that we were told were part of the payroll processing fee. There are so many things they do wrong, consistently, it is hard to give them any credit for what they do right.

Response from Paycom

Edwin, we’re sorry to read you are unhappy with your Paycom experience. Our goal is to be your valued and trusted partner and we would welcome the opporturnity to resolve any questions or concerns you may have. A member of our team will reach out to you to follow up.

Yara

Perfect for managing employee records and automating HR procedures.

Reviewed on 6/1/2023

Paycom allowed us to perfectly control our databases, as the high-quality automation enabled us to keep the data updates continuous without interruption, and this led to the preparation of payrolls in the required time without any delay, and all other records are always ready upon request.

Pros

Paycom helps provide integrated solutions to build a comprehensive database of the organization's employees, and it also works to automate the implementation of operations, especially with regard to payroll, and also helps to find a variety of solutions that meet the requirements of the human resources department. I very much appreciate the intuitive interface of the dashboard, whether it is a web page or a mobile application, as it enables us to use all the tools and access all records and data with complete ease. Filtering and searching options within records are easy, as is reporting.

Cons

You can't hate Paycom, especially when you deal with their support team, as they are very responsive, and provide appropriate solutions with complete transparency.

Response from Paycom

We're thrilled to know that you're enjoying Paycom! We appreciate your advocacy and look forward to our continued partnership with Hogar Properties. Thank you for your review!