Paycom

Cloud-based human capital management (HCM) software

Ricky A.
  • Industry: Information Services

Human resource management simplified

Reviewed on 12/9/2018

Paycom is a wonderful tool for small to medium organizations looking for a single system to manage Human Resources related tasks and processes. Employees spend less time managing their time, information, and benefits which results in more productivity. Performance management has become more visible organization-wide

Pros

Performance management is a key feature that allows me to efficiently track and manage my team's performance. Instead of a one-time, resource consuming performance review cycle, Paycom allows me to add notes throughout the year so end-of-year performance reviews become a snap.

We recently implemented Paycom expense which has streamlined submitting and approving team and department expenses. A key feature is the ability to create expense templates for monthly recurring expenses, saving valuable time and energy.

Benefits management simplifies what could be a complex process to research, understand, and enroll in company sponsored benefits. In particular, a single dashboard displays all of your employee benefits making it easy to find what you're looking for and make changes along the way.

Cons

We've recently tapped into Paycom's My Learning module. I'd like to see an investment in content development areas like security and compliance to further leverage Paycom as the main source for employee training.

Paycom's UI design and navigation feels outdated compared to similar software.

Response from Paycom

Ricky, thank you so much for your positive and detailed review of the partnership between your organization and Paycom. We will share your feedback regarding our training content and product development teams. We also recommend the resources on the Paycom blog and the HR Break Room podcast regarding the topics you mentioned. Please reach out to your Paycom specialist if you have any additional questions or feedback.

Daniel H.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Paycom review

Reviewed on 12/6/2022

The company I work for which was KFC only use the product I think for about 8 months and then they switched to another payroll service which really wasn't no better than paycom.

Pros

That I was able to go to the app and check my hours that I had worked during the week. Didn't have to worry about remembering anything because paycom we keep up with it for me.

Cons

What I least like about paycom is that whenever I and fellow co-workers would set up our account. Every time I had to redo my password which was very irritating because my boss will have to call paycom HR to be able to get the account unlocked

Response from Paycom

Thank you for sharing, Daniel! Paycom prioritizes our users' experience, and we're glad that our solution made keeping track of your hours easy. If you have ideas for enhancements, please connect with our team at [email protected]

• Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Promising, but has a long way to go

Reviewed on 7/5/2022

I avoid using it whenever I can

Pros

Combines a lot of useful features in one (theoretically) convenient location

Cons

Schedule can’t do time zones, which is frankly embarrassing. Useless for a company that does work in more than one time zone. UI is ugly and clunky. Difficult to find what you’re looking for.

Response from Paycom

We work hard to create a positive experience for every Paycom user and would like to help. Our scheduling feature does not require a specified time zone as the time listed for an employee to start and end their shift would apply regardless of their location. Regarding notifications sent to employees, the time zone can be selected by a client user during setup. If you need assistance with this setting, please connect with your dedicated Paycom Specialist. If you need further help, feel free to reach out to our team at [email protected] and we're happy to assist.

Natalie B.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

Full featured, very customizable - probably overkill for many

Reviewed on 28/4/2022

Painful to setup (lots of that was specific to our organization), but also a good exercise. Think things will be easier now that we are ending our very long and complicated setup phase.

Pros

Focus on compliance. Very little it cant do, but some things are so tedious to get set up, that it ends up being impractical to actually exercise the software to its full capabilities.

Cons

Not as easy to pay people different rates for different jobs or tasks. Creating and assigning shifts can be finicky and time consuming. It can do so much and is so customizable that sometimes even the support staff don't fully understand how it all works.

Response from Paycom

It's great to hear Paycom has helped your organization stay in compliance and that you're feeling confident with the implementation process coming to a close. We strive to create a seamless experience for each client and encourage you to continually share your feedback. If you have additional thoughts, we invite you to connect with your dedicated Specialist or with us at [email protected] Thank you!

Poncietta C.
  • Industry: Banking

Clocking in?

Reviewed on 29/4/2022

Overall, my experience with Paycom has been a good one. I can access it on my mobile device and, to me, that is so important because there are instances where you need to access your payroll information and being able to pull it up on your phone is a definite plus. I don't remember what we used before Paycom but I can definitely say that I like it better because there is must more information that is readily available

Pros

There are many wonderful features to this program. It is easy to see your upcoming paycheck or review past paychecks as well as other tax documents. It is also a very valuable feature being able to view benefits, available time off, time used, etc. I would say that I especially like the Community feature where employees can leave comments or kudos to their co-workers.

Cons

I think that the navigation could be a little easier. After using this program for some years now, I still have to search to find my paycheck. I don't know if it's just me but I think if I had to change anything, I would change the location of the current paycheck.

Response from Paycom

Thank you for the 5-star review, Poncietta! We are glad you are enjoying our single-solution software and the visibility it provides. If you have any additional feedback, please do not hesitate to contact us at [email protected] Thanks again!

Cyndi L.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Used for 1-5 months

Don't waste your valuable time with this product

Reviewed on 31/7/2020

Paycom does not offer a demo account, like many of their competitors, so you have to rely on a quick 1 hour demo given by a sales person, which doesn't adequately capture the true functionality of this system. While the employee interface is decent, the HR and Admin management side is a nightmare. It's incredibly complex and it's just not possible to get it up and running easily. It will take a significant amount of energy on your side to get it functional. Additionally, many promises that were made in the sales pitch were not honored. The transition team and payroll team I had were not terribly experienced, lacked knowledge of payroll and their own system, and I had to walk them through several items that I didn't expect to have to do. Our employees weren't set up correctly. Products I paid for were not available on our account. I very quickly realized that this system was not going to work for our team and moved to cancel our account and the customer service was pretty awful, going all the way up to upper management. In the week I've tried to shut down this account, I got our company up and running with a different system that was everything I was looking for. All in all, I would not recommend this system unless you have A LOT of time to implement and train and you feel like learning a very specific system.

Pros

The time keeping modal was the easiest to use, however it still isn't super intuitive.

Cons

In 2020, with so many other INCREDIBLY user friendly options, Paycom is in the land of antiquated systems that are not intuitive or user friendly.
* They use internal/proprietary language that isn't common or helpful. You have to learn how they say things before you are able to learn how to navigate the system.
*System is incredibly complex and difficult to learn. Not intuitive at all.
* Benefits Administration is non comparable with other platforms. If you are seeking a system to take that work off your plate, this isn't it.
*Incredibly complex systems to managing HR documents. Again, it adds more work than other options and ends up not being worth it.
*Overall, requires a pretty heavy time investment to train on this system. With so many other systems made to work easily from day 1, it's a big ask for a small company to sink that much time into training.

Zenefits, BambooHR and Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing Paycom

Paychex is antiquated and their service is horrible.

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to Paycom

Initially because of the service that was promised. That didn't pan out to be the reality of what was delivered, but the initial sales team was incredibly nice.

Response from Paycom

We're sorry you were unhappy with your Paycom experience. After researching further, we were able to determine our team worked closely with you to confirm the system was set up properly and because of our due diligence, we discovered there were issues with your internal data from your previous provider. Each question you posed to our team appears to have been promptly responded to with a helpful hand and with additional training materials. Based on our large volume of positive reviews, we are confident in the service our team provides and the ease-of-use of our software. However, we are always striving to get better. Each client's experience is important to us, and we will be sure to note your feedback.

Kristin S.
  • Industry: Events Services

Paycom highly recommended

Reviewed on 29/5/2022

Paycom is the best it offers many features for your payroll for the company you work for. They also offer Human Resource services, and classes offered for the on how to use paycom. They store prior years W2's, hours and paystubs. Paycom is easyto comprehend and navigate on the site its the best payroll site I have ever used I highly recommend paycom to every business

Pros

What I like most about paycom was that they stored previous years of your payroll information like hours worked, W2's, and pay stubs.

Cons

There is nothing that I didnt like about paycom.

Response from Paycom

We're delighted to hear our software has made your information accessible in one place! We appreciate you sharing your experience, Kristin. Thank you for the 5-star review.

Anthony M.
  • Industry: Human Resources

Paycom!

Reviewed on 7/6/2022

I have used many payroll systems, from ADP to UKG and Paycom has been my favorite by far! The ease of use of the system, the amount of things you can, the customer service support...everything has been amazing so far which is why it tops the list as one of the best payroll platforms!

Pros

There is so much to love about Paycom. The system is very easy to use, while being robust in the things that it can do! The reporting, the Time and Attendance integration, the data set/payroll creation is very easy as well! Gives both someone with a lot of payroll software knowledge, as well as a beginner, a great chance to succeed!

Cons

There is no con that I can think of right now...the system is great and works very well!

Response from Paycom

We strive to provide top-of-the-line software and service and are over the moon that this has been your experience! If you have feedback or ideas for enhancements, please don't hesitate to connect with your dedicated Specialist or our team at [email protected] Thank you for choosing Paycom!

Weston W.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Paycom is critical to get your employees and yourself paid on time

Reviewed on 24/6/2022

Paycom has always been used at our company and have had no issues except that one bug on the app before newest update. Overall works perfect for our office.

Pros

Paycom has never disappointed our office. I like the ease of logging in and out.

Cons

We had to do a company wide update due to clocking out being a little off. It was just an old bug but was fixed on the newest update. Now it works just fine.

Response from Paycom

Hi, Weston! We are happy to know that Paycom has been a positive part of your office for over two years, and we are excited for many more. Thank you for leaving us your review, and please don't hesitate to reach out to your dedicated specialist with any feedback or ideas for enhancements.

Tatiana R.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Great product, needs minor changes

Reviewed on 5/5/2022

Pros

The color scheme and how easy it was to figure out but a lot of it was trial and error, especially on the website

Cons

When you were learning the software; when going through the punch options if you select one (even if you don’t press IN/OUT) it will automatically punch you in/out with that option you select.

Response from Paycom

We appreciate you sharing your experience, Tatiana! If you have any questions or would like to share your feedback, please feel free to reach out to your dedicated Specialist. Thank you for the review.

Kimberley F.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Extremely Robust HR and Payroll Software!

Reviewed on 7/7/2021

Paycom representatives take the time to work with us on an individual basis to not only show us how to set up the features to our unique needs but they also performed training sessions with all of our staff.

Pros

The Paycom package has a multitude of different modules that you can either opt-in or out of making this completely customizable to your needs. Its integration with Great Plains to export payroll makes processing our payroll a lot less manual and saves us considerable time. The Employee Self Service feature puts the employee in control of their time off requests, direct deposit information, personal information, etc without the need to fill out manual paper forms. The employee's entry in the Employee Self Service updates their information immediately without interaction with our corporate HR department.

Cons

The setup of all of the features is a bit time-consuming but worth it in the end. The system is extremely robust and like all robust systems, it takes some time to get all of the features set to meet the unique needs of an organization.

Response from Paycom

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're glad you are enjoying our customer service, and we're happy our software has helped streamline your payroll process. Feel free to share any enhancements you'd like to see with our team at [email protected]

• Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

A HRIS System That WORKS!!!

Reviewed on 2/11/2020

In February of 2020, we were introduced to our Transitional Specialist and that was [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]. WOW!! What an exceptional person and specialist [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is. From the first meeting/training to the last meeting/training, she was able to teach, explain and get back to us on questions quickly which was always above and beyond. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was very clear on what she needed up front and was never hesitant to clarify things that were not clear to her. The one thing that stood out was the system that we had was not user friendly when it came to pulling certain information out to send to Paycom but that did not stop her from making it happen. Her work ethic was always professional and positive. Trainings were easy because she always took time to explain why each step was important as opposed to just click here and move on. Her note taking while training was happening impressed us because she never started a new training session each week without handling last week’s questions. She always had the items fixed or had the questions answered. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is incredible not only on the trainings but she always gets back to our emails in a timely manner every time!! Turnaround time and getting straight answers from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] was so refreshing since our old system did not offer that. We are confident that the Paycom team all follow this policy.

Paycom is a phenomenal HRIS system!

Pros

In every aspect from payroll to recruiting to onboarding Paycom understands the importance of people's time. Paycom functions are quick and easy to use. The approval process from department to employee is simple and easy. The phone app is quick and employees do not have to spend time looking for what they need, everything is laid out in a clear manner. Applicant tracking is easy from start to finish. Our company also has the expenses part and for our team it is really easy to work from their phone and then submit.
Payco definitely has many different components but each one is easy to use. This is a great investment because it is all at your fingertips. The last part is you don't have to get all the components at once you can customize the system to work for what is right for your company.

Cons

So far I do not have any cons. I am impressed with how the company runs.

Response from Paycom

We're thrilled our software has helped streamline your HR initiatives! Thank you for the 5-star review!

Paycom - Improving the Task of Running Payroll

Reviewed on 9/10/2020

Hard sales - it was not a comfortable sales process AT ALL. Lots of promises not all of which were fulfilled. Implementation team was great but I had to push really hard on some things that I knew must be there but my specialist didn't know about yet. BUT, we previously had a full time payroll manager and a part time recruiter, plus an HR generalist for our past system. Now we have one person doing all admin at about .75 FTE. We aren't maximizing the software but it's better than what we had before.

Pros

The employee self service feature and timecard management is fantastic. Their core philosophy is that employees enter, manage and approve their own time. There's a learning curve for sure, but ultimately - given my retail hourly workforce - this has been a huge sigh of relief over our prior timecard mgmt and the risk we had with managers entering employee time.

Cons

There are parts that are unnecessarily complicated - like the way that they have position mgmt set up, and how managers get access to open positions. The checklists and task management are also really complicated. There is no admin community or Special Interest Groups which is a huge miss. The peer sharing of best practices is something I miss very much.

Response from Paycom

Thank you, we are glad you are enjoying our software and the convenience of employees entering their own information! However, we would like to learn more about how we can improve your experience. Please connect with our team at [email protected], and we will share your feedback with our leadership team.

Tony B.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

A really good system a couple of short steps from greatness

Reviewed on 11/9/2020

The software is progressing nicely and is very easy to use. Customer care at the account level is very good. Direct customer service sometimes lacks skills, but part of that is due to the fact that there are so many new features and add ins being released right now that their customer service team seems a little behind the curve of indepth knowledge. Overall the stongest product on the market for small to medium sized companies.

Pros

The UI and ease of use is at the top of the market. Large easy blocks and buttons to click on make daily use very easy. Reporting isn't perfect by at the top of everything I've used or seen so far.

Cons

The system still hasn't caught up to how employees think about HSA's. Employees think of contributions to their HSA's in terms of how much comes out of each paycheck and not how much they want to contribute on an annual basis, but the tool forces them to look at it in a yearly format. The request is in and hopefylly they'll fix it soon, but it's there.

BambooHR, Paycor and Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing Paycom

The complexity of ADP made it impossible to ever do anyting unusual without assistance. And sometimes even the simplest things became complicated quickly. In the end, not even the customer service reps could tell me how to do certain things without causing problems with data in other parts of the database. We decided to leave when this issue lead to data integrity problems.

ADP Workforce Now

Response from Paycom

Thank you for the review! We are happy to hear you find our system user-friendly. We also appreciate your feedback and will share it with our team. We would love the opportunity to learn how we can create a 5-star experience for you. Please share any other enhancements you would like to see from us with your dedicated specialist or with our team at [email protected]

Yasmine G.
  • Industry: Package/Freight Delivery
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Allows for easier and simpler processes and efficiencies

Reviewed on 21/7/2020

Overall Paycom seems to solve my problems before they arise; the integration between what would have been separate platforms allows for simplified processes and efficiencies that allows me to focus on the big picture rather than focus on the small tedious things.

Pros

Paycom is a one stop shop with one singular login. One of the key things that has been most beneficial is self onboarding, which reduced the HR workload, provides a 'mid-phase' to a prospective employee and active employee, and helps get drivers on the road 4-6 days faster than our previous process. In addition, the consistent monthly improvements are always an added bonus and I continue to be impressed with the developments

Cons

We wish there was a better integration capability to our third party platforms - though we primarily use Paycom, our industry requires use of many additional platforms. An integration outside of an API/SFTP would allow for an overall holistic view of our employee workforce and operations.

Response from Paycom

Thank you for sharing your Paycom experience and we appreciate your feedback! We are happy to hear our software is helping simplify your HR processes

Armaan D.
  • Industry: Restaurants

Paycom is Incredible and has the best support team!

Reviewed on 1/5/2020

Engaging with our employees has been so much more efficient with Paycom! They love the interface and once they got the hang of using it, we began to learn things from them as we made our transition.

Pros

There are so many features within Paycom that we utilize to make our operations smoother and mainly to communicate messages from the top level all the way to our team members.

Cons

There are still times where you have to jump through certain hoops to get to an end goal, or a particular report is dug down deep somewhere, but for the most part, Paycom has been user friendly and their support team is great.

Reasons for Switching to Paycom

Our sales rep [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], and her team were the best to work with and very knowledgeable about all of the products and features. We felt that was the best decision as this has turned into a great partnership where not only are we using what Paycom has to offer, but we are also able to provide our own suggestions which are coming to fruition for the whole company and this two way communication has been phenomenal.

Response from Paycom

Thank you for the 5-star review, Armaan! We're thrilled you have enjoyed working with our sales team and our support specialists! We appreciate your feedback, and we encourage you to continue sharing any enhancements you would like to see from us with your dedicated support team.

Daniel G.
  • Industry: Machinery

Best of the Best

Reviewed on 10/2/2020

Paycom is the corvette of HR and time management systems. We looked at many other products, and very few offered all native modules, and a nearly perfect user experience... Those that did would be the super-cars of the industry, they may be ultra performant, hyper tuned, or can do anything, BUT that often makes them expensive and hard to maintain. Paycom struck the perfect balance for our company.

Pros

Paycom pays their sales team and integrations people based on the success of the company they are selling to. The software is intuitive, web and mobile friendly, and most importantly all native to the paycom system unlike almost every other vendor we looked at.

Cons

A bit pricey, some modules are not included by default, not as flexible as some other tools we looked at.

ADP Workforce Now, Paycor, Paychex Flex and Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing Paycom

Poor support, slow development of new features, all apps were silo'd.

Reasons for Switching to Paycom

Paycom was the only provider that was 100% integrated with themselves. All others had multiple modules that were built or acquired across time resulting in poor performance, difficulty in training, and poor user experience. Paycom stood above all others in being the most intuitive, while maintaining the functionality and flexibility we needed. There were others with more flexibility, or features, but they did not stand up to what we needed from the user perspective.

Response from Paycom

Daniel, thank you for the review! We're thrilled that we can support your organization's needs!

One of the best solutions for HR

Reviewed on 30/1/2020

Using Paycom as an Administrator is a breeze. Easy to set up, great for reporting, payroll processing, and customer support (I have a designated representative). No more case numbers or long waiting calls.
For employees, or standard users, the system is easy to navigate. The Paycom App is fantastic.

Pros

As Administrator of the system, Paycom is convenient/easy to use. The modules such as Benefits Administration, Time and Attendance, Document Management, Expense Management, Applicant Tracking, are very intuitive to use.
The report writer is the best. Compared with ADP, Paycom is one of the most user-friendly HRMS out there.
Customer support is great. Each account/company has a designated representative assigned.

Cons

Price. The products are wonderful, but it comes with a price.
Every company/organization has its uniqueness. Finding a perfect HR software is not easy, but Paycom meets all the criteria I need.

Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing Paycom

Cost, Outdated version, representative never approached us even when the software we were using was outdated. Very disappointed with ADP.

ADP Workforce Now

Response from Paycom

Thank you for the fantastic review! We appreciate you sharing your experience with Paycom! We're thrilled that you are enjoying our products and that you find them easy to navigate! If there are any updates that would improve your experience in the future, please let your dedicated support specialist know!

Antonio R.
  • Industry: Building Materials

It pays to use Paycom!

Reviewed on 7/1/2020

Paycom has made everything related to HR easier. Whether it's payroll, benefits, SOP's, document signing even business process tutorials, everything is in one place now and easier to access and interact with.

Pros

Paycom was, at first, difficult. Like any new software you want everything to be where it was before. It wasn't. However with just a few short uses and the tutorials I realized that it was easier, faster and better organized than the software we were using before, which was online based instead of app based. Thank god we switched to Paycom, which made all of our business lives related to HR processes faster, easier and more efficient.

Cons

Once I learned it I have not found anything to complain about. Okay, the fingerprint log in doesn't always work perfectly. :) There.

Reasons for Choosing Paycom

Not enough flexibility. We with 450+ employees we needed more access to more information in one place so we could try everyone once on one software.

Reasons for Switching to Paycom

We were using ADP and switched. Thought about staying with it because training 450 people is always a challenge. However, the benefits to change were to great.

Response from Paycom

Antonio, thank you for the raving review! We are thrilled that you are enjoying your Paycom experience!

Elaine R.

Paycom- From Manual Processes to the Modern Age

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

Overall our experience with Paycom has been very positive. Like any new system it has not always been easy, and some days I have really wished that hitting a computer did make it work better. However, if you take time to understand the system, and really think through your processes to mold them to what Paycom is designed to do instead of trying to may Paycom fit into your old processes, it always works out.

Pros

Paycom has been a massive change for my company. In January of 2019, we switch from a paper-driven, multi-system segmented way of running our HR and Payroll departments to Paycom, and we will NEVER go back! I worked with my team as well as Paycom's implementation team to get the system set up and then in training our Management Team as well as our employees in how to effectively use Paycom. After some bumps in the road, our departments are running smoothly, and we cannot begin to tell you how much of our time we have gotten back in our days because of it. My favorite thing about the system is how intuitive it is. Once you understand how the Personel Actions Forms work, you can easily understand the Performance Discussion forms. The things you learn from those programs will help you know how to interact with the other modules as well. We also really appreciate how often they create, advertise, and then released new features for free. Things that our team use regularly now did not exist when we first rolled out the system. It has made a massive difference in how we manage our people-data and administer almost every HR and Payroll function and several other processes besides.

Cons

The thing that we have struggled with the most is that the system is almost too customizable. Take a PAF (Personel Action Form), for example. On there is has an effective date feature that allows you to either back-date the pay-change or set it for a future date. We had been using that feature for months when an audit showed that the effective date was not working. When we contacted our Account Specialist, they said that they needed to "turn that feature on" before it would be working. There have been a few other features that we didn't know we needed to ask for them to be "turned on" and just assumed that they were.

ADP TotalSource, UKG Ready, Workday HCM and Namely

Reasons for Switching to Paycom

We did two waves of research before we choose Paycom. First, we called each company and asked them the same set of questions to see how each one addressed the needs we as a company felt should be most positively impacted by bringing on an HRIS system. We also asked for their rates, as it was essential that the system not only works well work us but that it fits into our budget as well. As a non-profit organization, budget is one of those things that are not very negotiable. We then took that top 4 contenders from that wave of research and scheduled live Demos at our office with all key-players to make sure that not only the HR and Payroll departments liked the system, but that every head of department saw the value and use in the system. Paycom beat out the others by a mile.

Response from Paycom

Thank you for the review and feedback, Elaine! We are thrilled that you and your organization are enjoying Paycom! Please let us know if there is any way we can improve your experience by either directly reaching out to your specialist or contacting our team at [email protected]

Susie S.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Outstanding Product and Support

Reviewed on 6/11/2019

The BEST Payroll, and HRIS system on the market hands down!

Pros

This product has high technology and excellent ease of use. It is ever changing and improving to allow you to keep up with the latest technology. Paycom also will customize your product for your individual companies use. The customer support is outstanding and they are always there to assist you!

Cons

There isn't much I don't love about Paycom. They have outstanding support and walk me through each portion of the program. The only issue I have had with Paycom is not having the Back Benefits automatically calculated. BUT this feature is coming soon!

UKG Pro and Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing Paycom

ADP's Workforce was not an integrated system, but several individual products bolted onto their payroll software. Each product did not flow and work together. You were forced to enter the same information in each portion of the system. Their Tax filing services were terrible!

Reasons for Switching to Paycom

Product was better, their customer service team was much more personable, and the product was the most innovative. The company was more financially sound.

Response from Paycom

Susie, thank you for sharing your Paycom experience! We are so thrilled that you enjoy using our products.

Mary S.
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

A good solution for the money

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

Overall we are very pleased with the scope and breadth of the system. We are finding that we are able to solve many HR challenges through this platform. And they are continually improving the product. Even in the last 10 months, some of the things that would have made to the "What do you like least about this software?" list have been resolved through new product releases.

Pros

We implemented Paycom after becoming frustrated with a much more expensive solution. We have been using it for about 10 months and are still amazed at how intuitive the software is. Our HR team has been able to go right into the system and begin using it with very little formal training which a plus when time is tight. But I would also recommend taking their webinar training when offered. I've picked up tricks that are less obvious but greatly enhance my ability to accomplish what I need to do in the system.

I especially like the Personal Action Forms and the fact that they are customizable. We don't even need process documentation anymore. We create a custom PAF for each type of employee transaction that needs to be made and include all the relevant fields that may need to be changed or verified as a result of the change type. This is a huge time saver for us and keeps our data accurate.

I also appreciate the many compliance tools and dashboards. We have been able to ensure Notice Compliance by using the Checklists functionality. You can assign documents to employees and get their signed acknowledgement and be completely paperless! A great benefit with six offices spread across the country and only one central HR department.

Cons

We are still hopeful that Paycom will come out with a more robust API that will allow us to share employee data bi-directionally. For now, you can export data from Paycom to share across other software systems but you cannot write into Paycom. Everything needs to be manually imported.

Response from Paycom

Thank you for the review and feedback, Mary! We are thrilled that you are enjoying your Paycom experience! We will be sure to share your feedback regarding the API process with our product teams.

• Industry: Human Resources

A well-rounded, feature rich HRIS

Reviewed on 17/4/2019

We use the Paycom HRIS similarly to most companies might us it; for payroll, employee management and talent acquisition. The system has decreased the amount of time we spend on every day tasks. It's simplified the payroll process, transitioned us from paper to digital in many ways and added value to the new hire process. The ability to on-board new hires electronically has been a vital time savings. Our reduction in paper cost is significant.

Overall, our Paycom experience has been very positive. It's re-defined the way we handle HR tasks. It's brought our candidate experience to a new level and has resulted in immeasurable time savings. Any issues we have are overshadowed by the fact that we can always reach a knowledgeable account representative that is willing and eager to help us. Paycom continually proves themselves to be a partner who has a vested interest in our success.

I would not hesitate to recommend Paycom as a full-featured HRIS or for any of their many specific modules. As someone who has used all of their modules, I can attest to their quality and accuracy. They should be a top contender for any organization shopping for an HRIS.

Pros

Paycom may not have the brand recognition of a larger HRIS, but that doesn't mean that it shouldn't be a front-line contender. The software is robust with capabilities that round out its fairly intuitive interface. If you have a need for an HRIS, chances are good that Paycom will be able to satisfy it. Our experience with their offerings includes Payroll, Employee Management, Applicant Tracking and other modules.

While the modules differ in their complexity and sometimes require a modest learning curve, there's nothing inherently negative to say about any of them. Even with some time to adjust and learn the system, it can be credited for simplifying almost every aspect of our human resources administration. What's more is that Paycom is continually updating and streamlining it's software. Seldom a week or two goes by without a meaningful innovation to Paycom.

I've taken notice that these updates most often the fruit of listening to customer feedback; something many companies aren't particularly well known for. In my experience, we've always been able to reach a representative at Paycom and they've always been willing to take our feedback. When practical, they've been able to implement some of the things that we've asked for. They've been quick to address any problems that we've experienced, either through software or user error.

Simply put, Paycom is a responsive HRIS suite that continues to evolve while offering an outstanding customer service experience.

Cons

Paycom offers a bevy of features, but you won't find all of these enabled at the onset. As you dig through the manual, you will find interesting features that aren't present in your HRIS. This is usually because they're not enabled which doesn't always mean that they come at an extra cost. It only means that these specific features have not been turned on and that you need to request that functionality by contacting your account representative. This can be a bit frustrating at times, but it certainly makes sense not to enable everything in the system. I suppose that it is akin to training wheels.

Paycom offers so many features and functionalities that enabling them all at once would likely be overwhelming to a new user. In this respect, it makes sense that certain, less popular features, might not be enabled by default. That's the case for some of the Paycom features, but you'll find it easy enough to have them enabled. It merely takes a phone call to your account representative who will have the feature enabled in relatively short order.

Apart from that, not every aspect of the system is completely intuitive. There are some areas in Applicant Tracking, for example, that can be cumbersome and less than stream-lined. Some things are just harder than they should be - either due to the overwhelming feature set or ill-thought design. Having said that, Paycom is continually evolving and I've seen active changes to make all aspects easier to use.

Response from Paycom

We greatly appreciate your feedback and your review. Our team is constantly finding ways to improve how users interact with Paycom and we will pass our product team your thoughts. If you have any other thoughts feel free to let us know.

• Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Paycom is the One Stop Shop!

Reviewed on 24/4/2019

Our previous vendor was built off bolt on modules, not products they developed. This vendor didn't allow for online signing of new hire paperwork, didn't have a built in electronic I-9, had separate time and attendance and PTO tracking. It became a full time job just to keep up with their time and attendance and PTO tracking.

When we were shopping for new HRIS software we knew we wanted one system and Paycom was the only one we found that was truly one system. Since bringing in Paycom we have moved into the digital age! With all the efficiencies we have found utilizing Paycom we have been able to save on overhead and have maintained an open headcount for the HR department. Not only is the software top notch but we love having top notch customer service as well! Not only do we have a dedicated payroll specialist that we can contact for day to day questions and assistance but we also have a Customer Relations Representative (CRR) that is available for onsite training and overview of the system to ensure we are getting the most of the system and fully utilizing the products we purchased!

Pros

Paycom is the one stop shop for HRIS systems. From posting job opportunities, tracking applicants through the interview process, onboarding, and the entire employee life cycle, Paycom has it all. Just when you think it can't get better they do a monthly release that makes you go "wow!". They are innovative and always looking for ways to make the HR professional's life easier!

Cons

One area of focus I would recommend would be more content development in their new LMS module. The module itself is really user friendly but having content is the toughest part of building an LMS. Having more pre-built content would help utilize the module quicker.

Response from Paycom

Thank you for the 5-star review! We're happy to partner with you to be your ?one-stop shop? payroll and HR technology solution.

Miranda F.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Paycom

Reviewed on 26/11/2019

Very very satisfied. Highly recommend to any business. Amazing company to work with.

Pros

Easy to use. Is/can be a one stop shop for any employer. Application tracking system is amazing and saves time when entering a new hire into the system. Also has government and task management section that has pre-loaded modules to send out to employees to help keep a company in compliance with federal/state laws.

Customer Support is awesome. Our assigned rep reaches out monthly to see how things are going and will schedule meetings every few months to come onsite to discuss any changes, upcoming changes and to answer any questions you may have or walk you through something you may be having an issue with

Cons

One thing i wish paycom had the option for is taking an applicant that you have saved/generated under "Candidate Tracking" and be able to convert them into either the Applicant Tracking and/or creating a profile for them if you hire the employee. Currently, if you save an applicant as a "candidate" you cannot convert them to the applicant tracking side or make them a profile once the job offer has been accepted.

Response from Paycom

Miranda, thank you for the 5-star review! We are so glad that you are enjoying your Paycom experience! We appreciate you sharing your perspective regarding candidates, and how building a progressive profile that spanned multiple products would create a better user experience. We will be sure to share that with our team. Please let us know if you have any additional feedback; we love hearing from our clients!