Kickserv

Richard Z.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

#1 in Customer Relationship Management & Dispatching software

Reviewed on 12/5/2021

Kickserv has streamlined my service-based business. It's easy to use for dispatching and task reminders. It also syncs with my bookkeeping software, google calendar, reputation management software and Stripe.

Pros

It is easy to start using the kickserv system, especially since they have such a phenomenal support staff

Cons

I have used this software for over 8 years and the ONLY thing I still would like to see is a more robust search ability. For example, if I were to look for every job that I did "carpet cleaning," I would get a list (instead of having to pull a report).

Highrise and Salesforce Field Service

Reasons for Switching to Kickserv

Easy of use with all of the integrations I need to grow my business.
Scott N.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Kickserv Review

Reviewed on 12/7/2019

Kickserv allows us to go semi paperless and cuts out time from dispatch to accounting.

Pros

The ability to store everything together.

Cons

It did not integrate with QuickBooks Online as we had hoped. It integrates with it, but not everything transfers.

Sage 300 Construction and Real Estate

Reasons for Choosing Kickserv

Too much Double-Entry from dispatch to accounting

Reasons for Switching to Kickserv

Price
Amir J.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Best CRM Platform!!

Reviewed on 24/6/2019

-Easy way to download and calculate jobs for accounting.
-Great way to have clear access for everyone in the company to the CRM via the app. The detailed and yet simple organizational process with Kickserv has added tremendous value to us.

Pros

-Organization of data and customer list
-Convenient way to calculate weekly, monthly jobs sold.

Cons

-Sometimes it does not load properly
-Would be great what time notes are added to NOTES section for each tab

Response from Kickserv

Hello Amir,
Thank you for your feedback and EXCELLENT scoring. We have been doing field service work for well over 30 years now. Plus, thank you for your feature request since I was able to submit it within our Product Board.

Christy S.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Quick to learn, Easy to use, Adapt to your needs

Reviewed on 12/9/2018

We are able to create estimates and work through an ongoing job without it effecting our bookkeeping within Quickbooks Online. Kickserv has allowed us to track our time records in records within the job record, but then only enter one final labor charge within the invoice itself. We are able to keep greater detailed notes about the piece of equipment without them being accessible to the customer.

Pros

Synchronization with Quickbooks Online.
Basic functions are easy to use.
Adaptable to your companies needs with custom fields and reports.
Directions/maps are integrated into each customer location for quickly planning your days journey.

Cons

You are unable to print report/search results from Kickserv, you are required to export to CSV format.
It does not contain an inventory feature within the software.

Response from Kickserv

Christy,
Thank you for your time. We very much appreciate the review. Beutel and Kickserv have been working with each other over 9 years now.
I can work with you to see if we can come up with a solution for the printing situation.
We now have two fabulous features that you may want to check out - Edge and Listings. They are certain to help your company grown

Beverly F.

Great product

Reviewed on 16/12/2019

The biggest benefit is efficient use of my time. Being able to schedule multiple technicians and amend the calendar as things change is huge. Our guys have iPads and can access the program anywhere so we're all looking at the same data. It makes us more profitable by not having to take time for them to call in or for the office to call them and wait for them to be able to stop and call back.

Pros

Easy to learn. I'm an older user and not tech proficient. It was very easy. It syncs with QuickBooks which makes my work more efficient. I create invoices in Kickserv and the information is seamlessly transferred. We have color coded our techs so I can easily tell where they are. The map and directions feature makes it easy for our techs on the road to see where the jobs are.

Cons

The only thing I haven't liked is that I can't edit contacts in Kickserv any longer. I have to edit addresses and phone numbers in QuickBooks and I find that the information doesn't sync back, so I end up having incorrect information on clients in Kickserv.

Response from Kickserv

Hi Beverly,

SUPER review! Thank you for your time and thoughts. Please know that we really do appreciate your company doing business with us for over 5 years! Plus, I emailed you the directions you need to make your contact edits in Kickserv. This way once you sync your contacts to QuickBooks they will override any changes made in QuickBooks.

Chris M.

Great but still a few glitches

Reviewed on 25/1/2017

We have been using the program for about a year, and it is for sure better than other programs that we have used in the past. ANd the ease of talking to a real person in tech support is WONDERFUL!
But there are still a few issues we have come across. One is that it only works properly on FireFox, and is the only program I use that actually works on that browser, so I have to have that on all the time just for Kickserv.
Next is that when there is an error, there is no clear explanation as to what the error is. The program seems to tell me that there is an error, but that's it. I literally worked for about a month with tech support because I could not sync any new customers between Kickserv and Quick Books. This made end of the year very frustrating. When it finally started working, I still don't know what was actually the problem.
The last issue I have, is that I can't make the phone/tablet app user friendly for my techs in the field. I need them to be able to adjust more things, change times, add/reschedule jobs etc, and they can't do it. I was hoping this would help so they didn't forget to tell me what needed to be done, but they can't do it from their tablet.

Pros

Able to change as needed, and easy to integrate with Quick Books. Easy to contact a real person in tech support.

Cons

Don't feel that the phone/tablet app is user friendly

Nick W.

Satisfied Customer

Reviewed on 1/2/2012

I have already shared my positive feeling regarding Service Sidekick with several fellow electricians. All of us have the common need to be able to access our schedule while out working or estimating projects. I feel like i have a much better grasp on my schedule than ever before. I can access the calender in the morning at my desk. Then on my Android or ipad while I'm in my truck or elsewhere.

Pros

The ability to view my schedule on my Android phone was the primary reason that I chose Service Sidekick almost two years ago. I'm so glad that I did! Our previous scheduling information could only be accessed while out in the field if the secretary was still at the office or by remote log-in once I got to a computer. With Service Sidekick I am able to pull up my schedule while eating lunch, enter a new job that might have just been called in, then hit the notify tech option. This will send either an email or text to my electrician who can then punch it into his GPS and head that way with a descriptive read out of what he has been tasked to do and all of the customer's pertinent information. The integration with Quickbooks Online works quite well with transferring customer info through a simple sync button. This saves a ton of time when entering a service call.

Cons

The only real negative that i have to offer is that when scheduling work for a contractor that will be at an address that is not their home office. Their office address always appears on the printed work order and it can and has caused confusion. Meaning that my guys have shown up at the contractors personal home, embarrassing. There might be a way to simplify it for recurring business partners that work in other places like a remodeling General contractor. Also, with so many features, i feel like i am only skimming the surface of what Service Sidekick is capable of. My New Years resolution is to learn to use it even more effectively.

Response from Kickserv

We do have a new template for work locations and this user was given that new template so you can display the parent and child location.

Debbie Z.

Overall our experience with Kickserv has been good. There are a few glitches at times.

Reviewed on 15/5/2018

Pros

The calendar has been easy to use. We do not use it for our installers at this time but use it daily for our sales appointments. For the most part kickserv has been user friendly.

Cons

There are times when we have issues syncing with QuickBooks. It seems this happens when we have one customer with multiple locations. We created our own invoice and estimate template. It would be helpful if this was easier to do and we did not need an HTML guru or it would be helpful if kickserv was more helpful with this. Reports can be confusing to create to pull the information needed. The reports probably took us the longest to figure out how to use. When uploading pictures it is very slow for the sales people when using their ipad in the field.

Response from Kickserv

Hello Debbie,
We really appreciate your time and the feedback you and your team have provided us.

You should always use our chat feature in the program whenever you have a sync issue that you are not able to resolve.
We do have plans to make both reporting and possible custom template modifications easier.

Bill L.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great Software for a 1 to 5 Truck Operation!!

Reviewed on 22/8/2015

Pros

It was really easy to use. I was able to take my business from 3 employees up to 15 before I started feeling any pain.
The estimates were customization with HTML. We were able to add some very cool code that would add offer banners depending on what was in the estimate.
It tracks every time your customer opens your estimates. Great for know who to call.
The software works well with quickbooks online. The work flow is logical.

Cons

It was week on CRM functions like phone and email integration. The mobile app never worked for us but to be fair our account may have outgrown the design.

There was no ability to group several jobs in to a project. This hurts when trying to find sale conversion rates because we often wrote several optional estimate to win 1 project.

Not having enough features to take my business for 20 to 50 employees. I would still be using it if they had developed a few more features or integrated tightly with a office CRM.

Kickservs has a really nice integration with QBO at the invoices level but none at the prospect or estimate level. If KS's contacts and estimates would of synced and mirrored QBO I Would of found a CRM to layer over KS to get the features I needed.

Kayley S.

KICKSERV IS GREAT

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

Easy to use, easy to learn, simple, intuitive (for me).

Pros

I miss using Kickserv for all of our companies. We switched to another customer service software, but we still have Kickserv for one of the companies. For what I do, their customer notifications and ease of use are great. From a financial standpoint, the owner of this company didn't find it robust enough. However, our new software was a NIGHTMARE when it came to tax codes, because in Washington state, each city has a different tax code, rather than one state tax code. More than a year later, our new system is still horrible for integrating taxes. Kickserv has it down to a science.

Cons

I don't have any complaints. For what I do, it was perfect.

Response from Kickserv

Thank you so much for your kind words, Kayley. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Doug F.

Sandbox with Support

Reviewed on 24/6/2019

I have enjoyed working with the support team, they have been knowledgeable and engaged. I'm currently using about 40% of the features that I would like to work because I'm still learning and want to ensure quality implementation.

Pros

The Kickserv system is very flexible and tailors well with my business. the more I use the Kickserv the more I like it and develop our techniques. Customer support has been attentive and engaged. The responses are quick and helpful, typically getting me back on track or teaching me how to use a feature I have yet to discover.

Cons

Because Kickserv is so large and sandbox, it was difficult to learn all the options and tailor them to my unique business. That resulted in a number of personal & classification errors that have muddled my reports and results

Response from Kickserv

Hello Doug,
Thank you for your feedback and EXCELLENT scoring of support for our product. Plus, it's great to hear that you enjoy working with our Support Team, because we are here to help.

Kenneth P.

Good product

Reviewed on 21/7/2019

Experience has been good, it has really improved our flow of information in the office.

Pros

I like th efunctunality with QB
The lead tracking is excellent
Technician tracking is great

Cons

Custom reports are difficut
The app needs better functionality
Needs to have abolity to have multiple estimates for same opportunity

Response from Kickserv

Thank you so much for your kind words, Kenneth. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Tyler H.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Best quote building software I have used

Reviewed on 24/6/2019

The fact it’s easy to use and easy to modify quotes in real time has enabled me to close business on site.

Pros

This system has been the fastest and most efficient quote building tool I have ever used. The ease of use has allowed for me to efficiently build quotes while on site with customers, and effectively allowed for me to close more deals on site than with any other platform I have used. The fact that everything is done in-platform, from quote building to delivering to customers, simplifies my internal process. It’s also nice to have the audit trail that lets me know if a customer has received and viewed the quotes I have sent out, leading to more effective follow ups.

Cons

Everything about this software has suited my needs well, so I really don’t have any complaints.

Response from Kickserv

Hello Tyler,
SUPER review! Thank you for your time and thoughts. Please know that we really do appreciate your company doing business with us for over 3 years!

Ralph F.

Kick Serve has helped to close to $3 million in sales for the moving companies I have worked...

Reviewed on 14/5/2018

Pros

From an admin position this product has been very easy to set up and use. Most of all we have been able to customize to fit our needs. Our clients often remark on how simple and easy to read our estimates are. We have it synced with Quickbooks to track payments.

Cons

Other than the server issue a few months back we have not had any real complaints. Tech support usually responds within a few minutes or contacting them.

Response from Kickserv

Thank you, Ralph. $3 million in sales is a lot of sales. We are happy to hear just how well our software is assisting your customer-flow-line. We know field service and understand that the speed of communication (field to office and visa versa) equals the strength of any organization.

Ronnie N.

Kickserv

Reviewed on 19/7/2019

We have solved the issue of keeping client communication organized etc. with Kickserv we know exactly where to find notes on previous conversations with a client as well as any important information our techs or CSR may need to know.

Pros

I like the fact that we can enter notes about a customer and separate notes for each project of a customer as well as including attachments such as pictures etc. it helps to keep things organized and accessible.

Cons

We use a program outside of Kickserv to compile estimates as I can customize them a lot more with boilerplate etc.

Response from Kickserv

Thank you so much for your kind words, Ronnie. We really appreciate you taking the time out to share your experience with us.

Jennifer V.

Kickserv is a great communication software for people out in the field.

Reviewed on 8/8/2017

Ease of use, great communication with techs, maps

Pros

What i like most about the software is the ease of the program. When i input an address it starts to give recommendations and it fills in the blanks for you. You can also view a map of the location. We use this software everyday throughout the day and is a great program for the office to communicate with people in the field without having to call them.

Cons

We have used kickserv for a few years now and i really haven't run into any major problems with the software. The few times i did, the tech helped out immediately to get my issues resolved.

Easy for my team to use!

Reviewed on 10/5/2018

As previously stated, it is easy for my team to use and allows our clients to see the same thing we are looking at to ensure transparency.

Pros

I like that it is easy for every member of my team to use from field techs to office staff including our clients. Everything is very straightforward and for the most part able to be customized to our needs.

Cons

The mobile app is glitchy at times requiring work arounds to ensure that the guys in the field can function.

Laurita P.

Good for fast estimates & invoicing!

Reviewed on 10/5/2018

Email estimates & invoices and get customer signatures while still onsite.

Pros

Email estimates and invoices to customers and get signatures while still onsite. Invoices sync to accounting software.

Cons

Customer & jobsite info do not always sync correctly. Cannot handle basic customer credits or refunds. Have to jump around multiple screens to get a clear idea of the schedule and open jobs to be done.

Jeanine H.

My thoughts

Reviewed on 28/9/2018

Pros

It suits our business well. Is fairly easy to use and easy to teach to new hires.

Cons

Nothing big. I do have several small suggestions to make usage even more streamlined

Response from Kickserv

Hello Jeanine,
Thank you for taking your time to give us a review. We do thrive on feedback from our customers like you. I'll reach out to you directly for your ideas for better streamlining the customer flow-line within Kickserv.
Cheers!

Stephanie M.

Great software for all job-related tasks!

Reviewed on 10/5/2018

Pros

What I like most about Kickserv is that I can do all scheduling, invoicing, and quotes through the same system as well as keeping all of our client's information in one place.

Cons

I wish you were able to do more financial reports through the system as well as put other non job-related expenses into the system. I do not like having to use two systems to do this.

James E.

Trust the Ninja

Reviewed on 19/1/2018

I have recommended this system to a friend of mine who needed a simple scheduling software and a way to keep track of construction based limited touch business.

Pros

This system is very user friendly right off the box. It is easy to schedule and input data as well. It is very helpful in allowing you to view your schedule on multiple devices at any time you need to check it.

Cons

I feel like it lacked in depth tools no tear sheets no followup scheduling. It was very simple which worked but you could say it had a limited reach.

Jessica V.
  • Industry: Maritime

Lots of bugs, calendar feature unusable

Reviewed on 15/3/2019

Horrible

Pros

Easy to learn at first. Sends reminder emails to clients for jobs...

Cons

The calendar is buggy. Will repopulate canceled posts on its own. Has a reoccurring scheduling feature that sometime works sometimes doesn’t. Drop clients for no reason. Been working with kickserve for two years and still no solution to these scheduling errors. They cost me money, frustrate clients, and force me to be ever vigilant so that I have to triple check bugs and scheduling. The only reason I am still with these guys is because it’s too time consuming to switch crms.... this is a horrible Crm for a mid sized or small and growing company... walk away

Response from Kickserv

Hello Jessica and Derek,
I spoke with you on the phone. We discussed a better customer flow when managing event cancellations that should prevent issues with our repeating jobs feature. We regret that any confusion and extra work that this may have caused you. As we discussed we are actively working to make our repeating jobs features more dynamic as well as the rest of the program. We appreciate your continued loyalty to work with Kickserv. We aim to exceed expectations.

Ron P.
  • Industry: Commercial Real Estate

difficult to maneuver . when loading data cursor is so sensitive that I often have to erase ...

Reviewed on 26/6/2017

keeps me organized

Cons

hard to view light green new jobs. editing is difficult unless I add in the notes file. prone to mistakes since the cursor is too sensitive causing errors and much lost time.

Response from Kickserv

Hello Ron,
Thank you for your time and your comments. I wanted to see if can clarify for you and perhaps help the issue you repeated about the cursor.
What type of device are you using where the cursor is sensitive?
Have you tried not to use your cursor or mouse while in the Kickerv screen or forms and use the TAB key more?
If you cursor is moving around fast you can adjust that speed from your laptop if that is what you are using.

Here, this may help:
Open Mouse Properties by clicking the Start button The Start button, and then clicking Control Panel. In the search box, type mouse, and then click Mouse.
Click the Buttons tab, and then do any of the following:
To swap the functions of the right and left mouse buttons, under Button configuration, select the Switch primary and secondary buttons check box.
To change how quickly you must click the buttons to perform a double-click, under Double-click speed, move the Speed slider toward Slow or Fast.

Trent L.

Best customer service to keep business running smoothly

Reviewed on 12/1/2018

Pros

Intuitive user interface makes it easy to learn and adjust to updates. The customer support from the KickServ team is one of the best in the industry.

Cons

I would like to see an ability to track inventory to keep up with products used in our offered services.

Lori F.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

needed help with getting kickserv set up on new computer, received step by step insturctions!

Reviewed on 10/1/2018

saved so much time

Pros

Pretty user friendly and it syncs with Quickbooks desktop. Customer service is awesome too! Like the calendar

Cons

Wish that email addresses were easier to enter when emailing an invoice. Also wish there were more formats for the receivables reports.

Response from Kickserv

Thank you for the positive review. We are happy that your experience with Kickserv is supporting you and your business.
We are passing your feature requests onto our Product manager.