Mailchimp

4.5 (16,851)
Email and advertising marketing automation platform

(16,851)
4.2/5

Geoff
Geoff

Easy to get started, still needs some additional features

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

I've like Mailchimp and how it's pricing is better than most for small businesses. They allow you to build your business without breaking the bank.

Pros

I like how many other products integrate with mailchimp. That makes it really easy as a startup especially in ecommerce. I like that the email creation is WYSIWYG so I can quickly create beautiful emails with zero coding experience.

Cons

I wish it had a journey builder like active campaign and many other email platforms. That would round out mailchimp really nicely and make them my only option for email marketing.

Constant Contact and Act-On

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

Cheaper and easier to integrate.

ActiveCampaign

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Again, pricing and easier integrations with my tech stack.
Cynthia
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Journeying Through Effective Email Marketing

Reviewed on 4/1/2024

Everything from creating aesthetically pleasing newsletters to tracking each campaign's effectiveness is streamlined throughout the email campaign process using this tool.

Pros

We are able to gauge campaign performance thanks to the comprehensive analytics and reporting features, which offer insightful data.We can customise our messages for particular audience segments with Mailchimp's segmentation capabilities.

Cons

Our capacity to optimise campaigns may be improved by more sophisticated options for testing various email components.

• Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Charge, charge you some more when emails haven't even been sent

Reviewed on 23/1/2024

horrible. I have three businesses, and they will not be used for any of them, every again. All they had to do is refund the $144 they charged me for contact overages during an upload, since I immediately upgraded so I could send the emails - but they chose not to, so I'm disputing the charges and dumping them all together.

Pros

Nothing - bad taste in my mouth with how scummy they are about billing. They are VERY overpriced to begin with, then having to deal with a clunky, outdated interface, THEN when going from free plan and it doesnt charge you for contact uploads, to when you upgrade, then they hit you again for overage on just putting contacts into their system, then charging you to upgrade on top of that - they hit me with a $450 bill for sending one email... think about this

Cons

everything about ethics - or should I say they have ZERO

• Industry: Food Production

Very advanced and hassle-free email marketing software

Reviewed on 26/11/2023

Mailchimp has been a great boon for our email campaigns. We usually only run a handful regular emails each month, and we haven't really had anything to complain about on the email side. It's very easy to upload contacts and set up campaigns, and the reporting features are pretty advanced. It was also easy to set up which was a big plus for us. Good solution overall.

Pros

I think we've benefitted the most from being able to pick and choose a design from the library rather than having to design something from scratch for each email campaign. Our design team is very very small, but thanks to having the email library, we've managed to minimize the design requirements for almost all email types.

Cons

Some of the secondary modules don't work well. We wanted to switch from our survey tool to Mailchimp's survey module but the features are lacking and usually far behind our current solution, namely for advanced form fields like embeddable widgets and the calculated field option

lemlist

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Mailchimp had better automation capabilities, template library, and ease of integration. The pricing was also pretty reasonable so we went with it in the end.
John

Transforming Marketing Strategies with Ease

Reviewed on 14/1/2024

Pros

It's super easy to design emails with their simple tools, and I love how I can see how well my campaigns are doing. It's not just for emails; I can handle social media and automate stuff too. Plus, whenever I have questions, their support team is really helpful.

Cons

Using Mailchimp is cool, but the pricing can get a bit much as my list grows. Wish they had more flexible plans.

Silas

simple and functional

Reviewed on 9/1/2024

Incredible. Everything I need to start any online business.

Incredible. Everything I need to start any online business.

Pros

Simple to use and fully functional tool, good for starting a startup or any other business, the free plan caters to small businesses.

Cons

the deliverability rate could be a little better. I know there are several factors.

Themis
  • Industry: Furniture

Email marketing platform that help us

Reviewed on 15/1/2024

My experience with Mailchimp is very nice as has helped us to send our weekly emails to our b2b customers easy and with no cost (free version)

Pros

How easy i can create a campaign and send our message to our customers.

Cons

I have some difficulties in connection with Magento but that was inly initial.

Ruan

MailChimp for business

Reviewed on 13/1/2024

Pros

Analytics is great, easy integration with other apps and programs. Cannot run my business without it. I can have multiple campaigns at once running.

Cons

Limiting to 500 of the free trial. No support for basic plan, previous acc got hacked, had to start fresh. Lost all contacts.

• Industry: Building Materials

Best email software to start with email marketing

Reviewed on 8/1/2024

Pros

Ease of use -
1) Easy to create templates both text & images
2) Ease to schedule it to send later
3) Easy to understand campaign reports

Cons

Payment option is through bank card only. In case of companies working on PO system, it getters little tougher. But difficult to find something as good as MailChimp to start with.

Erin
Erin
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

A good, basic option for low cost

Reviewed on 12/1/2024

It has worked well for our organization's needs.

It has worked well for our organization's needs.

Pros

Mailchimp has quality, basic features that work well for an organization that doesn't need to send tons of emails nor want to spend a lot of money. As a non-profit who mostly uses it for staying in touch with constituents a few times per month or less, it is a good, affordable option for us.

Cons

Some of the features for personalizing email campaigns are limited.

Lisandro
Lisandro

Mailchimp is behind the competition

Reviewed on 27/10/2019

MailChimp came as a free alternative to our email list when things got ugly in our business. We could say it saved our subscribers list (and business). Even though things have got better, we still use it for certain campaigns where MailChimp shines. Being it a free alternative, we cannot complain. But we wished it was easier to use and had more features (if so, we would easily go for the paid plan).

Pros

I liked the templates a lot. They are beautiful and well done. Very useful if you are into template use. Also, the free plan saved our business when we were out of money. It got all the basics for a business just getting started. Finally, the brand is beautiful. The UI is beautiful.

Cons

It's frustrating to use. The user experience is, I would say, quirky. It's really hard to find an option/feature. A lot of them are hidden in places that don't make sense. For example, I was looking for the landing page editor, I could find the landing page REPORTS under REPORTS but no editor at all. I gave up. The metrics it tracks are very limited compared to the competition that delivers way more useful and detailed metrics overall. Also, it lacks some of the most useful features like a robust tag system and marketing automation.

SendPulse

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

ConvertKit ended up being too expensive for us. So, we couldn't afford it anymore when our business revenue decreased. MailChimp's free plan has everything we needed to restart and be back to life from the ashes. It's a great alternative to any business just getting started!

ConvertKit

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

We got SendPulse "for free" in an AppSumo promotion. But SendPulse was even harder to set up and understand than MailChimp for us. MailChimp was easier and had way more features.

My Absolute Favorite EMSP

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

I have had an overall GREAT experience with MailChimp. As with any product there will be things that come up, but I have never had a problem with getting them resolved easily and timely with their Customer Service options whether it be through Chat or Email. One of the most significant qualities I have noticed about MailChimp's customer service over all the other EMSP's I've worked with is that THEY WILL ADMIT WHEN SOMETHING IS THEIR FAULT! It is unheard of with these types of companies but they do it, and I have gained so much respect for them as a company because of that.

Pros

What I love most about MailChimp is the amount of services you get for absolutely NO cost. There are endless possibilities of things you can do with this application, and the user interface beats all the others. It is very easy to maneuver and understand for even the most beginner email marketer. The reporting features are phenomenal and with them you are able to provide designer looking reports to clients without even touching them. As a graphic designer, the template creator is definitely the best one I've seen as fair as email marketing applications go, plus they have a variety of pre-designed templates to use that are again, COMPLETELY FREE. I could go on and on about everything I love about MailChimp.

Cons

The one con I have with MailChimp is that it's been hard for me to get used to their recently updated interface, I feel like the terminology and layout makes a little bit less sense than the old interface, but I could also chalk that up to just being comfortable with what I'm used to. Also (and this is hardly a con) when you have a free version of the application, it does require your emails to be sent out with the MailChimp logo at the very bottom of the email. I say this is hardly a con because with everything they are giving you for free it makes sense that they want to try to advertise.

Salesforce Marketing Cloud

Adestra

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Mostly convenience, ease of use, and price. Also because I had a lot of experience using the product at a previous job.
Jeremiah
Jeremiah
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

My Go-to for email marketing

Reviewed on 24/1/2020

Mailchimp has been my go-to for 5+ years and I see no reason to change that now. It's simple, easy-to-use, and affordable.

I also care about who I work with. From what I can see as an outsider looking in, they have a great company culture. I once found a mistake in their API documentation and they sent me a free t-shirt! Most companies aren't willing to spend money just to say thanks, and I think that says something about the culture and character of the company.

Pros

Easy to setup: I've used Mailchimp in the launch of dozens of brands and digital products. Mailchimp is so easy to setup; I can literally have an account up and running, collecting email addresses within 20 minutes.

Great free option: One of my favorite things about Mailchimp is the fact that you get up to 2,000 contacts for free. Having that as an option (particularly for new businesses) is absolutely critical in making sure you can measure ROI from the platform before you start investing a lot of money.

Easy to use: Mailchimp's forms, email templates, list management, etc. is all so simple. In the rare case you can't do something you want via the Mailchimp admin, it can probably be done via the API. Mailchimp has also done an exceptional job of integrating with 3rd party platforms to make sure you can easily maximize your email collection.

More than just email marketing: In the last few years Mailchimp has started offering additional features outside of email campaigns, like Facebook ads and card mailing services. I personally don't think they're as good as Mailchimp's email service, but I am sure they'll improve over time.

Cons

In the last couple of years Mailchimp has made some changes to their pricing structure that I don't particularly love:

1) Pay as you go features have become more limited compared to their monthly plans.
2) Monthly rates have increased (although that's bound to happen at some point).
3) They now include some social platform contacts in your allotted contacts (i.e. you pay for them like they're email contacts).

As well, Mailchimp automatically increases your bill when you cross over your plan subscriber threshold. I'm not a huge fan of that, but I suppose I prefer it to them just disabling collection of new contacts.

Constant Contact, WordPress and AWeber

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Ultimately it was the free plan that made me choose Mailchimp. None of the other platforms gave me lifetime free usage for a smaller number of subscribers.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

It's ubiquitous because it's pretty good at sending emails

Reviewed on 15/7/2020

I like Mailchimp's corporate social responsibility, I've had a good experience the one time I called their customer service, and it's pretty bug-free for the most part. I don't think it is the future of communication, so I'll be curious to see how the product evolves, but we're sticking to it for now at my work.

Pros

I appreciate that Mailchimp has the functionality to build an email based on templates, or based on HTML. I find it easy to import email addresses as needed, I think there's a healthy emphasis on preventing spam, and I like the tagging and group features. I also like the demographics that it displays, the emphasis on A/B testing, and the predictions about the best time at which to send the email. I have very rarely made mistakes in my sends, and that I can attribute to the great testing features.

Cons

I wish it weren't so challenging to navigate between sections for multivariate emails and the old version of the website. I have run into issues setting up automated series such as for a welcome series of emails. I wish it were easier to export the data I myself put into Mailchimp without having administrator status. Finally, I dislike being warned about the possible cost of importing new data every time I do so, as that's not my responsibility to worry about in my role. Instead, I want to be celebrating our list growth!

Alekhya

"Best way to outreach your business to numerous clients in a single click"

Reviewed on 15/10/2020

It's a time saving boon as per my view as I can easily send bulk mails in a single click with no more heavy work. Mailchimp made my weekly tasks easier by making my business contacts closer to me as I was able to quickly establish a business relation with my clients through scheduled and follow up emails regularly which I personally feel so beneficial to my business development.

Pros

It's great that eye catchy banners and images can be designed as per our imagination for my email posts, social media boosting etc. I can use this tool to easily show my design creativity using the creative assistant of the content studio. It allows an admin to carry a scheduled management of bulk emailing to ample of customers which is also the best part of this tool usage where in businesses can be contated through a single click automated email marketing tool.

Cons

The only feature that always worried me is the bulk email marketing function, where when i sent bulk emails at the same time sometimes the receivers mail box would consider my mail as spam or bot due to the same content inscribed in the mail. If this feature could be overcomed I can surely say that mailchimp is the best automated email marketing tool in the current era.

GetResponse

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

I chose mailchimp over GetResponse because initially i wanted to have a trail with this software for free so that i can get the fully paid version based upon my experience after testing with the trail version. But GetResponse doesnt have a free plan for testing it. But mailchimp allowed me to have a free plan for trail version. I was liking Mailchimp upon trying the free plan with trail version and then purchased the fully paid version currentl for my business.
Evelyn
Evelyn
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Used for 1+ year

Best option for mailing automatization

Reviewed on 8/11/2020

I started using Mailchimp a few years ago for my wedding photography business, we were two users and found it very easy to work both on the software, plan marketing campaigns, client following mail and newsletters, it let us know if the mails were open with a certain time and if not we were given the option to resend them. Now I'm also using mailchimp for my personal blog and it makes the process very easy as I have my subscribers list already there and I just add up while it grows.

Pros

Mailchimp is very easy to use and has a free option for freelance or people starting their business or community. I tried other mailing software but mailchimp is the one that gives more options on free and starter account. It offers segmentation options, automatization and what I love the most are the templates for any kind of mailing campaign. It helps a lot with newsletter to easily send them, track the reading and opening and growing the subscribers.

Cons

It is easy to use but not so intuitive in the beginning, it takes a little bit of time to understand the interface and how it works. The mobile app do not offer a lot of options, yet is a very nice mailing option.

Zoho Mail and Bitrix24

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

Mailchimp is much more friendly and easy tu use.

GetResponse

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

It has free options for my personal projects, and I find it easy to use specially with the email templates.
Ben Marcoux
Ben Marcoux
  • Used for 2+ years

Why I Don't Use Mailchimp

Reviewed on 2/3/2021

I have used MailChimp to set up a few campaigns for clients. I also started out on it because they used to offer 1,000 contacts for free. Integrating it with the different tools wasn't too tough. But it's not great at contact management and I don't recommend it if you're going to be doing any serious (or even quasi serious) email marketing.

Pros

MailChimp is pretty easy to use and integrates with most page builders and websites. So you can quickly have an email form set up and start driving traffic to get people on your email list. They also have good support in regards to getting back to you quickly.

Cons

MailChimp lacks features and power that make it competitive in the marketplace. I couldn't ever go back to it. The tool itself doesn't do everything I need it to. And as if that's not enough, I know of several people who have been shut down and had their accounts erroneously canceled by MailChimp for violating terms of service. So they were locked out of their account and had all of their email contacts erased without warning. And these were not "black hat" businesses. These were regular, small, mom and pop shops, including a florist.

Constant Contact, Ontraport, Keap and AWeber

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

I chose Mailchimp because they were offering the first 1,000 contacts for free in a promotion. And these other software (except for Constant Contact and AWeber) were really expensive. I didn't know what I was doing and what I was looking for with an email service provider. And I was just starting out and super broke at the time so "free" couldn't be beaten. However, the relationship didn't last long and I quickly moved on to AWeber. That didn't last long either, and I moved on to ActiveCampaign and haven't looked back since.
Jessie

Versatile email marketing platform

Reviewed on 7/9/2021

Keeping my customers up-to-date with useful information.

Keeping my customers up-to-date with useful information.

Pros

The most important features for my business were the drip email functionality and the RSS-to-Email integration. What I like most about the RSS-to-Email functionality is that the email template functionality enables you to group different articles in one email. When you have a high-volume blog with many different articles it's important to group topics and send those out as a summary in one email. I find this feature is missing in many other email platforms. All-in-all the UI of the platform is done very well with a touch of humor here and there which is nice. The open API enables developers to integrate where the existing integration options are lacking - but overall the platform is well supported in many third-party platforms.

Cons

They've added features over the years to enable marketing automation (e.g. send an email to some who clicked/didn't click on an email or when someone visited your website) - at the time I was testing this functionality it didn't work very well. They've also added many other features which may drive value but I find they don't spend much effort in keeping existing customers up-to-date with the possibilities of these new features.

Justin
Justin
  • Industry: Media Production

Best Email Marketing Software Available

Reviewed on 24/4/2022

The customer service is outstanding. I was having some trouble developing a campaign and reached out to customer support and got a reply within 10 hours. I was able to resolve my issue quickly. Mailchimp has really become my Go To tool for all things email marketing related and it has touched on other applications, such as developing a killer landing page which actually gets conversions. I also feel that the free version really does give you a lot to start with, but it is easy to outgrow that really fast.

Pros

Mailchimp makes running an email campaign easy and simple. Don't get me wrong, there are super deep functions like multivariate campaigns and killer landing pages that integrate with your .com. I cannot say enough good things about Mailchimp. I have found that this software is simply the best available option out there for the money. I have been able to grow my mailing list and find what works with my audience.

Cons

I don't like how the Pro features are left out of the basic starter package. I understand that is how they make their money, however, those extra tools could be quite useful to new start up businesses, like myself that simply do not have it in the advertising budget to go to the pro level. I also struggled with making my emails 100% compliant because nowadays everyone is blocking or reporting spam mail. It isn't Mailchimps fault for that, it just makes it hard to get past the red tape of email marketing in general. However, they make it as easy as possible.

Reasons for Choosing Mailchimp

Mailchimp combines so many of the features that I was using from other software and just blows it away. I was not able to find anything that came close to Mailchimps features on the other software I was using. I always felt like I was piecing together different elements. Mailchimp solves that problem for me and makes running my campaigns a breeze, which fuels my small business.

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

Mailchimp had all the features I was looking for and more. I started with the free version and quickly rose to the Standard package. I have been constantly developing and honing in my email list for many years, using many different softwares. I finally landed with Mailchimp because it beats out all the rest of the software by far. Look no further for email marketing!
José Miguel
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

A renewed classic

Reviewed on 30/8/2022

If you are a small business owner, an email marketing solution is one of the first tools you need to use in your e-commerce section. If you look on Google, you will find Mailchimp and others fighting for first place on the search. I tried all of them when I started on this, and Mailchimp was the only one for me that delivered a great set of tools for free on their first tier. This pricing model allows small businesses like yours to start without having to invest more money to begin operating. Then, after your business grows, Mailchimp stays with you, and their subscription tiers are affordable. So, if you are starting on email marketing and you have a small business, give Mailchimp a try, you won't regret it.

Pros

Mailchimp was my first approximation to a customer relationship management tool and, after many years, still is my usual selection and advice to other small businesses. It is an easy-to-use platform with a great development team who cares about its clients. In recent years the tool has evolved and added new features, all great additions.

Cons

Right now, nothing about Mailchimp is bad for my small business.

Brevo, Klaviyo and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Mailchimp

The free tier is more than enough to start for small business. The great thing about Mailchimp is the easy process to scale up, so if your business grows, Mailchimp is a great choice too.
Amy
  • Used for 2+ years

Optimum Choice for Email Database Mailing/Management!

Reviewed on 5/2/2019

Pros

Mailchimp is absolutely ideal for corresponding with customers/clientele, especially, (and from my experience), for small businesses and non-profits. Not only is Mailchimp very affordable for businesses with limited budgets, it is a great way to manage and store the likely smaller customer lists those businesses have. In my personal experience, I have loved the way the "unsubscribe" feature works with Mailchimp. It notifies you as the user when and why someone requests to be unsubscribed from future correspondence, and ensures they are actually removed from your Mailchimp list. I have found that this is so much more foolproof than keeping up with your own list in a simple spreadsheet. Along those same lines, mailing out to a list on a spreadsheet and/or directly from an email account often results in the message being flagged as spam/junk for recipients. You also often have limits as to how many addresses you can send a message to at one time, creating additional time and work for the user. Mailchip does it all for you with one click of the button. Not only that, you can review analytics including how many people have opened the email, how many additional clicks links within the email have gotten, how many emails were undeliverable, and more. It is just so user-friendly, and I have never come across anything comparable that gives you more bang for your buck.

Cons

Sometimes the formatting of an email newsletter-type communication can be tricky for a novice on Mailchimp, but after doing it once or twice, you get the hang of it and it becomes much easier. The "test email" feature also eases my own mind, knowing that I can see exactly what it will look like in my customers' inboxes before I actually send it out for real. I generally send it to my personal and business email addresses, read them on my desktop and phone, to make sure the formatting looks correct on all before sending. Although that is a bit tedious, I have peace of mind knowing what I send out looks professional and readable.

James
James
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Mailchimp has evolved with the changing demands of the sophisticated market but it is simple...

Reviewed on 13/1/2021

Mailchimp's flexibility and adaptability to many different user cases has allowed it to meet all of our core requirements.

Pros

The best thing about Mailchimp is it is so easy to get started and communicating with your subscribers. There are simple and easy ways for subscribers to subscribe and unsubscribe.

Mailchimp is so much more than just an outbound email tool.

Email Templates allow quick professional communications to be created by your organisation on brand and at no additional cost.

Powerful but easy to use functionality allows the end user to setup onboarding communication plans and execute automated communications to new subscribers. Multi email setup is easy to complete.

Subscriber management also intelligiently scans your incoming subscribers to remove the ones that have trending behaviours with regards to unsubcribe and spam reporting.

API integration is built in and connected to most common platforms. There there isn't a direct connection you can utilise online software integrations like Zapier to automate steps. This allows you to connect one system to another and transfer and share information and unsubscribes to your CRM for example.

Cons

Mailchimp has increased its functionality and managed to keep these new features easy to use and adopt. I would say one con is that people don't use half of the available functionality to their advantage.

They have tightened up their pricing and reduced the functionality for their lower/free tiers but I think this is more than fair.

Make sure you choose the right payment plan, either monthly or pay as you go that matches your requirements.

Biswajit
Biswajit
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

"Mailchimp: A Comprehensive Email Marketing Tool for Businesses of All Sizes"

Reviewed on 23/3/2023

Pros

Users may develop, send, and track marketing emails, newsletters, and campaigns using the well-known email marketing platform Mailchimp. Its user-friendly interface makes creating and sending email campaigns simple for even non-technical users. Here are some features of Mailchimp that consumers particularly enjoy:Simple to use UI: Users can effortlessly develop email campaigns with Mailchimp's drag-and-drop tools and user-friendly, intuitive interface.Templates that can be customised: Users can choose from a variety of configurable templates provided by Mailchimp to build their email campaigns. These templates are simple to alter so that they correspond with the user's branding and messaging.Automation: With Mailchimp's automation tools, users may create automated email campaigns depending on events like the addition of a new member to a mailing list or the completion of a purchase.Analytics: Mailchimp offers in-depth analytics so users may monitor the effectiveness of their email campaigns. Data on open rates, click-through rates, and other statistics are included.

Cons

Despite being a well-liked email marketing software, Mailchimp might use some work. The following are some aspects of Mailchimp that people have complained about:Pricing: Those who need sophisticated capabilities like automation or those who have larger mailing lists may find Mailchimp's pricing to be prohibitively expensive.Restricted Automation: Users have noted that while Mailchimp does include automation options, they are fairly constrained when compared to competing email marketing solutions. The automation procedures may be more versatile and adaptable, according to some users.Restricted email design possibilities: Although offering a large selection of editable templates, some customers believe that Mailchimp should provide greater freedom and design options when it comes to producing and modifying emails.Customer support: Some customers of Mailchimp have complained about poor response times or unhelpful support workers.

Andrea
Andrea
  • Industry: Machinery

Mailchimp has allowed me to measure the success of my email marketing campaigns.

Reviewed on 12/6/2023

Thanks to Mailchimp, I've been able to create and send engaging, personalized emails that have helped me increase my customer engagement and loyalty. Plus, I'm able to automate tasks like email sending and list segmentation, which has saved me valuable time and resources. With Mailchimp's data tracking and analysis tools, I can measure the performance of my email campaigns and adjust my strategy accordingly.

Pros

Mailchimp has been a fundamental tool for me in my work as a Marketing Coordinator. With this email marketing platform, I have been able to easily and effectively create and send newsletters and email campaigns. What I like best about Mailchimp is its intuitive and easy-to-use interface. Setting up an email marketing campaign is very easy and you can choose from a variety of templates and designs to personalize your emails.

Cons

Setting up integration with other platforms can be a bit tricky. In my case, I had some trouble integrating Mailchimp with my website and other systems I use at work. Also, the process of uploading email lists can be a bit slow and tedious.

Miguel
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Marketing Automation Done Right

Reviewed on 24/6/2018

MailChimp is a great way to introduce users to marketing automation without a high level of risk. Competitors have steep pricing structures that tend to not allow smaller websites with limited budgets test out their features like MailChimp does. It is amazingly easy to setup and use and it has also become my brand of choice for marketing automation across my websites. MailChimp has amazing integrations with many platforms and are easy to use and setup with little or no development experience.

Pros

MailChimp is one of the largest marketing automation platforms in use today. And one of the reasons it has taken off so quickly includes the fact that they offer an entry level subscription that costs nothing. Literally, nothing. While limited, it still provides much of the features you will find with their paid subscription levels, it just has limits in the number of contacts and the number of emails you can send per month. Still, a great deal to test its features and functionalities.

MailChimp is very easy to use and provides a host of features to help you market your site. All subscription levels, including the free entry level, lets you email campaigns, create amazing custom landing pages, pop-up forms, and create Ads with platforms such as Google, Facebook and Instagram. IN addition to these creation and publishing features, MailChimp provides automation features that allow you to create automated responses based on user behaviors. Manage cart abandonment and recommend products as well as receive notifications to all the activities taking place on your site.

You can even customize your target audience through segmentation and groups, send times, time zones, demographics and other advanced features. But remember that not all are available in the free version.

And what good is a marketing tool if you cannot see the results or track them. This, too, is another MailChimp strength. You get your basic set of reports and can perform A/B testing to see what works and what does not.

One of my favorite features is MailChimp's integrations. I use it extensively with WordPress websites and not only use the plug ins created by MailChimp, but those from a multitude of third party developers who have done amazing things with integrations and features.

Cons

Although part of their marketing and not necessarily a Con, it is still fair to say that it would be nice to have some features with limitations available to the entry level for users to give it a run. Maybe a sampling of those would help in making a decision. But because of their affordable pricing structure, it is fair to say that their pricing levels are just about right.