Pipeline

The Right CRM Tool to Help You Sell Smarter

4.4 /5 (606 reviews) Write a Review!

Joel C.

Great for Small Business Sales Teams

Reviewed on 31/3/2016

My company has used Pipeline Deals since around the time they started. We were a very early customer. I started with one sales person and have moved up to about 10 today. The system works great for this size sales team. It's not cumbersome to use as a central system for a small team to stay organized. I highly recommend it to anyone with a sales force in that range. I can't speak to it's scale above that as its my experience up to 10 active reps.

They have taken what was a massive set of things reps would need to do in some of the other online systems (lets call it OVERKILL) and boiled it down to activity, opportunities, and centralized performance measurement. Its got all the bells and whistles you need... while not overwhelming you (as the sales manager/owner) or your reps with tons of required extras that clutter their ability to move fast and keep selling.

Pros

The BEST small biz sales relationship management tool we've used (7+ years now every single day)
Very intuitive interface.
Amazingly powerful API (if you want to code connect it to your own systems)
Great customer support team (you talk to real people, in the real office)
Extremely powerful list filtering and saved reports tools
Constantly adding new features and enhancements to make it more powerful without more "clutter"

Cons

The actual "finished" reporting built-in for sales performance, historicals, trending, etc is lacking quite a bit as far as "management" type reporting goes [its almost all list based reports, no roll ups, etc... you can see everything, but its not presented in any customized executive way, reason I think it works well for smaller teams. But without better aggregation, I dont think it would be fun to manage 25+ reps on something like this]. (It can be done with outside graphing and custom tools using their API but not everyone can do that). Real-Time, Customizable, Formatted Reporting for "summary/trend management" would make this thing a 10 out of 10 !

Larry S.

Sales in our office is all about Volume

Reviewed on 28/4/2020

The program is really not completely intuitive. This has not hurt us as our questions get answered whenever they arise by their support team. We are more successful with our business because of this program.

Pros

It could not be easier to load prospects. We signed up for a library card online. We select the type of businesses we want to pursue. We download spreadsheets of demographic information related to them. We upload those spreadsheets and start calling.

Cons

I am certain that there are programs that provide more management tools. We simply are not that sophisticated with our sales efforts. If it is simply volume you seek, this is the right product. If you are looking for less effort and more management, pick again.

Response from PipelineDeals

Hi Larry, thank you for writing a review. We value your feedback.

Laura L.
  • Industry: Government Administration

Functional and Nible

Reviewed on 7/2/2019

We're better able to keep track of our contacts throughout the City across multiple team members as well as track long term projects and assign various tasks to team members. We're also able to report out our progress which is helpful in making sure we're on target to meet our goals.

Pros

This software is easy to use and customizable. It doesn't cost as much as some of their competitors, but does a ton to track deals and projects. I also very much appreciate the ability of their programmers to incorporate a suggestion fairly quickly and they are always looking for ways to improve the software.

Cons

It can be a real pain to input all the information from business cards we receive. It would be super helpful to have an integration that allowed your phone to take a photo and scan in the information to upload to Pipeline Deals.

Jonathan C.

A great, simple CRM

Reviewed on 8/2/2019

Having used some of Pipeline Deals competitors, including one of the biggest names in the CRM field, I find Pipeline deals to be a perfectly suitable CRM option with great user support.

Pros

Pipeline Deals has a clean interface. It's easy to use, and from the perspective of a manager, it's the sort of thing that somebody who isn't too technical (or organized) can still use efficiently. At the same time, for people who are excited about CRM functionality and drilling into client data (like me) there are some powerful tools to really target exactly the set of clients you want.
I also like the fact that when you call user support, a real human being answers the phone who is able to resolve your issues for you on the spot.

Cons

The only real issue I have with Pipeline Deals is I'd like a way to set priority on tasks either by colour code, or being able to drag and drop their order top to bottom on the calendar and agenda.

Richard G.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Good Stuff Right Here

Reviewed on 8/2/2019

The only problem I have with Pipeline deals is, there is so much to learn to take advantage of ALL of the benefits of Pipeline Deals. I don't mean in a bad way, I mean I am using Pipeline to the max for what I need it for. I would love to learn more, but time is an issue.

Other than that, This is one of the best deal tracking systems I have used. Being in the sales industry for 30 years, that is saying a lot.

Oh yeah, your support team Rocks.

Our representative is one of the kindest, most attentive person you have working there. You have had her in sales & support, among other things & she NAILS IT every time.
This is big , she actually asks if she could call or email back if she doesn't know the answer off hand (which is almost NEVER) so she can give you good information.

LOVE HER. She is AWESOME.

Pipeline deals is SOOOO LUCKY she doesn't live in the TAMPA area of Florida or I would steal her from you. Even if it meant losing money. Just to have her on my team

Pros

Easy to use.
Custom settings, reminders etc

Cons

Once in a while it slows down a little, some frequent error messages. but nothing major

Monte E.

CRM Review

Reviewed on 12/2/2019

Overall it's been pretty good. They are responsive when you call and are willing to help you through any issues. They don't always have the answer to the problem....but they do all they can to figure it out when possible. There are probably more thorough CRM's out there......but bang for the buck, I have to think pipeline deals is one of the best "values" out there. Most of the CRM's we looked at had a lot of cool features that nobody would ever use. We didn't want to pay for things our reps weren't going to use.

Pros

It's a great customer data base software. Very easy to use and user friendly. If you know Excel at all....it will be easy to pick up on this.

Cons

Lacks for producing many sales graphs or tracking demos to specific customers. You have to somewhat trick the system for you to know who you demoed to and when.

Glen R.

South African views

Reviewed on 6/2/2019

PipelineDeals has brought structure and order to our sales efforts. We are also easily able to migrate a pipeline from one resource to another if a person leaves. Finally it has given us a very clear view of the size and status of our pipeline

Pros

The ease to setup the software based on our requirements. At the time the requirements were fairly basic, however this increased over time and PipelineDeals could adapt to our growing needs easily. We achieved the end goal of having PipelineDeals the centre of our sales activities.

Cons

We weren't able to do revenue forecasting based on what the company wanted to see. Perhaps it is more a fact that we haven't been able to find the feature within PipelineDeals as yet.

Ron B.

Financial Services

Reviewed on 12/2/2019

Pipeline Deals helps me to keep track of prospects in my pipeline as well as a client log for my current clients. I find Pipeline Deals to be a good overall system for my needs.

Pros

I am in the personal financial services industry so not all of the features pertain to my use, but I still use Pipeline deals extensively for tracking my pipeline, prioritizing my pipeline and for a log to make notes for not only prospects but my current clients. The task feature and the to-do reminders are valuable and time saving.

Cons

I am in the personal financial services industry so not all of the features fit our needs as it seems the software is geared more towards corporate sales.

Teresa V.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Experience user

Reviewed on 5/2/2019

Overall experience with Pipeline deals would be in the middle of satisfy and unsatisfied. If the issues that I can across were handle with more concern and fixable, then I would be 100% satisfy. I feel that the issues I can across will not be fixed and this is why I am 50/50.

Pros

Pipeline Deals has the right idea when it comes to a CRM for small businesses. What I liked most about this software is
how well it works with Excel. Some people look at excel data sheets and get overwhelmed. Pipeline deals shows your data in a more friendly, easy to read and understand your data. It allows you to manage your contacts, emails, sales, calendar, meetings, etc. All of your work in one place which makes managing your sales easier, and connect with your customers on a more personal level, this allows you to meet your clients goals, needs, and wants.

Cons

Pipeline deals has an error message that reads,
You've reached the 10,000 record display limit. Set filters to narrow your results. This is not helpful at all for anyone.

Pipeline deals is not compatible with an old outlook app, and outlook calendar does not sync with pipeline deals, this is inconvenience and hard to keep up with syncing pipeline deals calendar to the outlook calendar. I dislike the fact that you have to use an IMAP outlook account.

Pipeline deals does not allow you to track emails when you add people to your cc, it only allows you to track one email contact at a time, unless you create a campaign, which in most cases, we rarely do this.

Pipeline deals customer support line only limit to basic knowledge on how to do something, if there is a technical
issues beyond that, the C.S.R then needs to create a case and have someone get back to us, and in most cases, the technical person can not help.

Dale K.

My team and I really enjoy using Pipeline Deals. It is easy to use and flexible!

Reviewed on 13/9/2017

Pros

I like the flexibility and customization of the software - our ability to be nimble and implement feature that benefit my sales team quickly, and even in real time is impressive, and it supports the team wonderfully! We are better able to deliver on our service commitment and meet our goals as a result!

Cons

There are still some features we'd love implemented, such as the ability to set a default choice in a custom field - but we know that their developers are open minded to include our suggestions.

Response from PipelineDeals

Thanks Dale! Happy you and your team love PipelineDeals!

Best,
PipelineDeals Team

Scott B.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Solid budget friendly CRM

Reviewed on 5/2/2019

There are more robust CRMs out there, but for the price point and ease of use if you're looking for a straight forward CRM Pipeline Deals gets the job done.

Pros

PD has quirks like any CRM, but it's easy to customize, easy to clean up records en mass (via excel uploads...less so within the system), and overall is pretty well rounded for a browser based CRM.

The customer support team is quick, and on a couple occasions have gone incredibly above an beyond for us.

Cons

The integration with MailChimp isn't great. Only other complaint is with the error message received when importing duplicate records. It's great that PD recognizes dups, but the error reports don't provide the record's unique ID number, which can cause some issues here and there.

Daniel B.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Greatest Desktop CRM for the Money!

Reviewed on 25/2/2019

Keeping all of our opportunities organized and following up with customers throughout the sales process is a snap (from the desktop site)

Pros

The automation feature is a massive time saver for our team. The leads come in through our website and get distributed to our sales team with no data entry required!

Cons

The mobile app doesn't meet our needs. We want to open a quote request (lead) from the web2leads form and reply quickly by using one of the many templates we have saved on the desktop site. From the desktop this is a snap, but on the app it's just not possible.

Tj Q.

Dynamic, customizable, and intuitive

Reviewed on 5/2/2019

Just awesome. Its nice to have a system that just works. PLD has been with our company from very early on and been able to grow and adapt with us. We use a 3rd party API to move data into a field-production system once a trigger is set - which makes things very efficient.

Pros

I like that I can customize the deal fields to match our specific business needs.

Cons

Not a whole lot in terms of "Reports". Sorting people and deals via the "lists" works just fine, but I would like to see more customizable reporting options. It can also be a slight pain that the search box does not query all custom fields.

Camerin C.
  • Industry: Automotive
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

PipelineDeals has increased our revenue by over 300%!

Reviewed on 13/2/2019

Using the software is as easy as it gets. Working with the support team is always a pleasure!!

Pros

PieplineDeals is incredibly easy to customize and use. We have over 100 PipelineDeals users across our franchise group. EVERY user has made it clear that they would not be able to track sales progress as easily as PipelinDeals has made it.

Cons

There are no real cons to PipelineDeals! I only say this because when there is a feature that is not already built into the program, you can put in a feature request and the development team will add the feature.

Jeff P.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Value Packed

Reviewed on 8/2/2019

I have used PipelineDeals as a Sales Manager with numerous sales people and various collaborators and as an independent sales person and in both cases it has provided the the results myself and my team were after. It is the best value out there.

Pros

Unlike larger, canned CRM’s, PipelineDeals gives you basic yet pertinent, actionable data interaction without layers of irrelevant options to navigate.

Cons

I really don’t have anything other than sometimes it can feel a bit slow but it has never held me up and the mobile app could be made easier to use but it does get the job done.

• Industry: Facilities Services

Early adaptor & satisfied user

Reviewed on 8/2/2019

I have used Pipelinedeals.com for over 10 years at two different companies. Their customer service and innovation have been consistent throughout my relationship with them. They continue to set the bar high for themselves with continued improvements and well thought out strategy. I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a CRM for their team.

Pros

Ease of use, flexibility, customer service, integration has been great and is always improving.

Cons

I haven't found a problem that the team at Pipelinedeals.com couldn't solve

Rick S.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Powerful Management Tool

Reviewed on 5/2/2019

Pros

Pipeline provides a centralized database of sales opportunities where those opportunities can also be tracked as wins and losses. The wins can then be tracked through the onboarding and production cylces. In our business, this has proven to be a powerful management tool where all team members have visibility to the data. Data can easily be exported into reports and shared amongst team members. Quote turn time, delivery time, win percentages can all be measured and reported. Pipeline is a multi-faceted engine that can directly improve efficiencies and enhance visibility of the health of the business to management.

Cons

Some of the reports are basic text exports which then require the user to provide their own edits and add enhancements to the reports.

Rick L.
  • Industry: Publishing

Very Easy To Use CRM

Reviewed on 12/2/2019

I use Pipeline for everything I sell as the Advertising Director. It is a great CRM for being able to watch what the whole team is doing and they are able to see each others work, which is beneficial. I would recommend this CRM to anyone needing to have their sales tracking and data organized.

Pros

They make it very easy to add quick notes, schedule follow up and create deals for each product or service.

Cons

Would like to be able to merge duplicates or joint accounts

Kevin L.

Pipeline Deals for Business

Reviewed on 5/2/2019

We are able to keep clients structured and find their files with ease. We definitely benefit by it cutting down on time.

Pros

I like the ease of use and how I can chat them when we have any issues. This software keeps me organized and I love the reminders I can set.

Cons

What I like least is there are too many views. You can look up by people, company, email, etc. Too many views to look at and they all show different info.

Eddie B.

Director of Sales, Eastern Region

Reviewed on 12/2/2019

Overall we are very happy with the change to Pipleline Deals.

Pros

We moved from using ACT for 20 years and by doing the trial for a month and studying the online videos and training we made an easy transition to Pipeline. No Regrets in changing. Out technical staff is also happy as they don't have to worry about our upgrades or weekly syncs. Plus the system has some features we did not have before.

Cons

The biggest issue is the ease of printing. Currently that only means printing labels for mailers /postcards. Of course you can do by doing mail merge with excel and word but it is a little more time consuming than just clicking a menu option to print (and of course learning how to do if not done before).

Andrew H.
  • Industry: Hospitality

PiplineDeals

Reviewed on 10/2/2019

Would be happy to recommend PipelineDeals to any business.

Pros

It is easy to use and provides all the necessary functions required of a CRM system. PipelineDeals offers amazing value for money, punching far above its weight.

Cons

I cannot think of anything that I don't like about PipelineDeals, I wouldn't mind there to be a bit more integration between outlook and Pipeline, however this is not a critique.

Jessica R.

Pipeline Deals for Project Management

Reviewed on 2/2/2017

We used this program for two years with our sales staff of 11 sales employees. For the price it is a good CRM, it allows for multiple projects under one client while also allowing for different sales reps to work with the same client, tracking sales by Rep. The layout is intuitive and features manual call tracking.

Pros

The sort lists for exporting leads and sales reporting are easily customizable and allow for complex analysis.

Cons

There is a lack of internal proposal generation. We moved away from Pipeline to work with a program that incorporates all aspects of automated client interaction tracking with the proposal generation software included. With the pipeline, we used an external word doc for quoting and uploaded it to each client's contact. I much prefer a system that captures all areas of the estimation process within one program.

Derek H.
  • Industry: Environmental Services

Easy enough for a brand new CRM user

Reviewed on 5/2/2019

My overall experience is that PipelineDeals, because of its superior customer service and intuitive functionality of its software, is very enthusiastic. It will soon be a leading competitor to Salesforce.

Pros

The software is as easily interfaceable as any other CRM out there. If you are a first time user of CRMs there is no learning curve. Very self explanatory.

Cons

Because of the available, knowledgeable customer service I have not found anything wrong with the software itself. Once a problem I was having was explained I always saw the reasoning for the programming.

Roberto G.
  • Industry: Building Materials

Makes easy to Control all Projects

Reviewed on 12/2/2019

The best I can see using Pipe lines is I am able to Track everything on Pipelines . All emails, contacts,Invoices ,estimates etc... Everything is there handy and easy to access.

Pros

Let me overview and keep Control on all projects since from start to finished and keep all history of projects and people related to projects ,contact etc....

Cons

To be honest do not have any complains

Anthony E.

Great Way To Track Sales

Reviewed on 8/2/2019

We have been able to track our sales and create company wide sales goals. We can look at our sales teams progress as well find our past customer and their buying trends.

Pros

Before Pipeline we did our tracking on spreadsheets, now Pipeline allows to look at year or compare past years very easily!

Cons

The APP is a little different view than when you sign on with desktop version