FreshBooks

4.5/5
4.4/5

Carlos
  • Industry: Import & Export

Makes the job easier, I recommend it!

Reviewed on 30/8/2022

Great, really-

Pros

It's very easy to use from the beginning, it doesn't have major complications when it comes to integrating the books -for example-, and it's really fluid.
Finally, handling accounting projects is fantastic.

Cons

Updates take too long in my opinion. The rest all ok.

Benjamin
  • Industry: Entertainment

FreshBooks is the best software I've used for my small business.

Reviewed on 18/8/2022

FreshBooks is truly a joy to use. It helps keep my estimation and billing running smoothly, and makes it easy to process payments, and gives a lot of options to allow my clients to pay me in the way that works best for them. I love that you can track invoices from the moment you send them, and you can see when the client has viewed them, and even message the client right in the invoicing portal.

I had used Quickbooks for years at another job I had, and also used it from time to time with my own businesses, but I was never happy with it. It was always clunky, slow, and glitchy, and was kind of on the basic side with it's features, or you had to pay another fee to add more features.

I found FreshBooks through an ad, and gave their free trial a shot, and I was hooked from the start. the software is so responsive and easy to use, I don't believe I've ever had any kind of glitches or crashes while using it. The mobile app integrates perfectly with it, and keeps all the things I need on a regular basis at my finger tips. Any issues I've ever had, they support team was quick and efficient in helping me an answering my questions.

Overall, FreshBooks is a wonderful company, and they make wonderful software that I thoroughly enjoy using.

Pros

I love how intuitive and easy it is to use. The invoicing, payment processing, and overall accounts receivable functions are so simple, yet powerful and allow me to accomplish everything I need to in that area. The support staff is wonderful and extremely responsive, and it just helps my one man operation run smoothly when it comes to the accounting.

Cons

So far I haven't found anything about the software that I don't like.

Reasons for Choosing FreshBooks

The experience was so much better, right form the start.

Reasons for Switching to FreshBooks

The user experience was just so much better, so much easier to use, and had all the features I was looking for, and they are constantly working deliberately to add new, relevant features as they go.
  • Industry: Design

Terrible interface, bad data security practices and dishonest customer support

Reviewed on 11/8/2022

The last year has been horrible, absolutely horrible. This is a dishonest company in my opinion, but the biggest thing was last night after a week or more of begging to have access to my data after the subscription ended Zac, a support specialist decides at 7pm without me asking to access my data, download it to his computer and emailed all the documents to me over an insecure interface. I called and talked with customer service and was promised a call from management before the end of the day to discuss and that never happened. I told the woman I spoke with today that I didn't trust someone would call me back and she promised and of course, no one did. Then when I call back at EOD my phone number is blocked and all I get is an email saying essentially it was a mistake and we all make them and it's not their normal way of handling this, basically, an oops sorry. They clearly have no care for client data security and their security practices seem to be so cavalier from this experience they should never handle anyone's data. Their customer service didn't hesitate to flat out lie to me or management turned them into liars whichever it is. Please don't support this company.

Pros

The old interface and the previous CEO management. Customer for 10 years, leaving because it's horrible now and customer service is broken and data security issues.

Cons

Their old software was good, and then they forced everyone to a less-featured new version that lacked functionality and jacked the price significantly. They say they always listen and take feedback from customers but in practice, I never saw any action from the feedback, its like a black hole from my experience. Their new version lacks features and is very clunky compared to the old one. After a year of having issues with the new version, I chose not to renew. I called to tell them I wished to cancel and please delete my credit card data. They refused to delete my credit card data and suggested I may get charged again. In 2011 their policy was that you would always have access to your data through the website regardless of having a paid account. Now they don't do that and have lied about their past policies to me. In 2011 you could have a free account with only one client and would always have access to your data that was what the sales pitch was, they said you would always have access to it. They were the first game in cloud accounting, so this was important. In 2016 when I switched to a new account because of a change in structure I still had access to my old account despite not paying for it after it expired for 3+ years. Now they are so horrible and so anti-customer that the day your subscription runs out they turn it off and block you from it. They are so greedy for money they run customers away. There are much better software and customer service for accounting software

Julia Maria
  • Industry: Information Services

It amply met my expectations and satisfies the company's needs.

Reviewed on 23/7/2022

When we implemented it, it was a lifesaver, as it makes day-to-day financial work easy and not at all intimidating, especially. It helped us save a lot of time, as we can focus on what we do and let Freshbooks do the rest. I especially like the professional look of the invoices without having to spend too much time designing or using design software. Anyone can create an attractive and professional invoice in minutes and I appreciate that.

Pros

I like how adaptable it is and how it can be used for any need. We have been using it in the company for a couple of years now, I already knew it from my freelance work and I can attest to the goodness and simplicity of the system. At the moment we have the Plus subscription and I find it very complete and affordable.

Cons

I would like the application to be more complete and useful because I would like to have a complete view of my invoices when I am not at my desk.

Reasons for Choosing FreshBooks

One problem I often had when working with Quickbooks is that it sometimes took too long to load and was too slow; in fact, that was one of the reasons we switched to another platform (Freshbooks).

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Reasons for Switching to FreshBooks

We can use Freshbooks for business, integrating other applications, or tracking software for things like inventory.
Corey

Freshbooks Software Review

Reviewed on 4/9/2022

It has been an excellent software to use and works great. Very simple to use for invoice creation and setting up payments. Highly recommended!

Pros

The ease of use. It is very simple to learn how to utilize the software and to get your business invoices set up for clients.

Cons

It would save time if there was an option to create an invoice from the client master list instead of having to go into the invoice tab after a new client is created to create an invoice.

• Industry: Consumer Goods

Fresh book Accounting Best software

Reviewed on 3/8/2022

Financial accounting problems and ineffective record system, this had been grossly solved by FreshBooks.

Pros

The most impactful feature of FreshBooks is the invoice management. It is very easy to use and have strongly impact my business positively and has helped my business in finances and accounting. It is a very good software I will recommend to anyone

Cons

The limit to numbers of users and client, due to the limitation of users, this has affected my business processes and recording

• Industry: Utilities
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Cool Project management accounting tool in 2022

Reviewed on 31/8/2022

The way of managing invoices in FreshBooks is incredible. I love its feature and it saves a lot of valuable time. 60% off for the first six months helps small organisations. and if need any support then quickly get it.

Pros

- It is simple to use for freelancers and for small businesses.
- Good Customer support.
- Good invoice tracking for app plans.

Cons

- There are some limits on the number of users and clients.
- Problem with getting tax estimates for quarterly.
- Need autosave for every minor edit or new entry.

Reasons for Switching to FreshBooks

Because of its prising, we can use it by phone and my colleagues' recommendation I went for FreshBooks.
Kathy
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Get A Fresh Start With FreshBooks

Reviewed on 28/7/2022

Handling invoices, whether incoming or outgoing, is a task that would be best handled by The Payroll Dept. Except as a one-person operation, I AM the Payroll Dept, and have always struggled with the time-consuming process. FreshBooks has allowed me to turn this from a 'too many moving parts' activity into a brisk and efficient way of taking care of business.

Pros

FreshBooks has similified the annoyance of invoicing by streamlining the process so that even a 'creative' type can handle the input and be happy with the results.

Cons

The only thing I 'like least' is that I just found FreshBooks in May when I could have been using it for years! My free trial led me to become a Real Paying Customer

Reasons for Switching to FreshBooks

Having tried other similar products, I found them too labor intensive, not intuitive enough for my impatient soul. FreshBooks has freed me from pouring too much time into handling the money-in/out end of the operation!
Dayna
  • Industry: Consumer Services

FreshBooks saved us

Reviewed on 28/7/2022

Easy and fluid. No issues at all

Pros

We were using a very expensive competitor. This is so much better

Cons

No complaints at all considering what I use

Tina
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Easy to use Invoicing

Reviewed on 6/9/2022

Pros

This is a very easy to use software for Invoicing and billing. Perfect for any size business.

Cons

The only reason I quit using after the trial is because of the price point, if it were cheaper, I'd continue to use.

Rachel

Freshbooks is the ultimate for a service-based business

Reviewed on 22/9/2022

It was a good onboarding experience. I didn't call support and had us rolling in about 2 hours. The things I miss from Quickbooks aren't here, but they are continuing to build out the system. Hopefully we can get some of those critical features sooner than later.

Pros

I used to love Quickbooks. It had an app, it had time tracking. Then everything I loved was taken away. Freshbooks is the choice we made because it was built for a small service-based business. Recurring billing, time tracking, payment processing, it's all built in and easy to use. It took me 2 hours to get setup completely and it was a great experience. It's great for an owner who needs to be able to just run their business.

Cons

This is a major miss on the accounting side of the house. If you came from Quickbooks, you know how important double-entry accounting is, in depth reporting with punchouts, a quick dashboard into profitability. This isn't the case with Freshbooks. You will need an accountant to help at the end of the year. Ours had to rebuild our system because it doesn't believe in a cash-based accounting system.

Fran

So much better than Quickbooks

Reviewed on 7/7/2022

I started with Freshbooks back in 2011, a colleague recommended I switch to Quickbooks, which I did. It only lasted a year before I went back to Freshbooks. Even though it was a pain to switch, it was worth it because when I have a problem with Freshbooks, I just send an email to [email protected] and they answer me the same day, usually. With Quickbooks, it was too hard to get support. It's not a double entry bookkeeping program, so if you need that, it's not for you. But for basic invoicing (including automatic recurring on any timeframe), time tracking, expense tracking, and reporting, it's perfect.

Pros

Easy to use, interface. Excellent customer support.

Cons

There is a chrome extension for tracking time, in addition to within the app. The chrome extension was recently updated and is now not working properly. When you type the project name in it doesn't auto search, you have to scroll them all of them (and I have a lot) to select it now. They will fix it, i'm sure.
Sometimes have trouble with expense syncing, and would like more features to make that faster and easier to categorize.

Harvest

Reasons for Choosing FreshBooks

Support was lacking, and too difficult to use.

Sara
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great accounting and invoicing software

Reviewed on 13/6/2022

Easy-to-use: Freshbooks A lot of functions are available and you can get started in a short period of time. Clients will love this for making payments. Freshbooks' user-friendliness and the fact that all of my clients are saved there are two things I really like. All of my client data has been held there for more than a decade.

Pros

FreshBooks has a really visually appealing interface, and that's something I really like. Even after a long day at work, logging in never leaves me feeling drained. When I log in, the most crucial information is right there on the dashboard. FreshBooks can help me operate my design business. Tracking my time, creating estimates and invoicing, creating projects, setting up regular retainers, etc. are just some of the things I do.

Cons

As a result, there can be a lot of confusion when it comes to automatic payments. The smartphone app itself also needs a lot of work. In addition, the FreshBooks customer service needs improvement. I'd like to see some of the more expensive plans' extras available to everyone.

Molly
  • Industry: Photography

FreshBooks as a Photographer (solo small business)

Reviewed on 26/5/2022

I have been using FreshBooks for over 2-years and am currently using it. I used FreshBooks a long time ago when they were new and more minimal. It has been great to see them grow up. The cost is a bit steep so I may not continue to use them -- I'm 50/50 at the moment. If they provided more value for the cost I would consider it a good investment, but paying for a CRM on top of that is expensive. Overall I do love the software!

Pros

I love the clean and friendly UX of FreshBooks! It is a pretty efficient piece of software that helps me get paid quickly and easily. I feel it has grown up so much over the years too. Invoicing is super easy and tracking expenses. Those are my primary base needs to run my business.

Cons

I do wish that entering client information was a bit more intuitive as I feel like I'm doing input for a client into my contacts, importing it to my CRM, and then hand inputting into FreshBooks again feels redundant. I would really really really love to see a Mac App to complete the mobility and desktop experience. I dislike having to open a web page to manage things on a daily basis.

Billings Pro and QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Reasons for Choosing FreshBooks

I switched over primarily because the invoicing in Moon Invoice was manual, they did not have a way for clients to make quick and easy payments. I would have to go into PayPal, and create a link with PayPal.me and copy/paste this with my emailed invoices, it was not efficient by any means. I had used FreshBooks previously and 17Hats a long time ago. I opted to try FreshBooks again and have been using it since. The cost of Moon Invoice is what really drew me in as it was $20/annually.

17hats and Moon Invoice

Reasons for Switching to FreshBooks

FreshBooks just seemed more intuitive. QuickBooks has a long history of being bulky and complicated and expensive software. I keep looking at Billings Pro because I use DayLite now so we will see. :) I think FreshBooks is more advanced.
Maddie

FreshBooks made my day at work so much easier

Reviewed on 5/5/2022

Integration with customers' books, as well as the option to include team members in the layout, are all included. On the subject of Application Programming Interfaces. It appeals to me since it brings everything together in one convenient location. The entire software is so simple to use that anyone can learn how to use it.

Pros

I appreciate how user-friendly it is, as well as the appearance of the program, and that it has the essentials when it comes to monitoring money and sending invoices and proposals. It's a really amazing piece of software that provides quick alerts. Excels in the area of financial reporting. When it comes to bank reconciliation, the general ledger is really helpful. Excellent in regard to project accounting.

Cons

The absence of features like as email automation and scheduling, which are provided by applications such as Dubsado and Honeybook, would be an example. One thing I'd want the developers to improve on is making sure that updates are made at the very least within one hour and not much longer.

Chris
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Don't Waist Your Money on Any Other Accounting Software

Reviewed on 5/8/2021

We struggled to find a solution that would allow us to easily track the time for multiple employees and make billing as simple as a couple of clicks. Most everything we used or tried required multiple systems that either didn't integrate at all or didn't integrate well, and required a lot of time to prep invoices and collect payments. Frehsbooks eliminated all of those issues and paid for itself in the first month.

Pros

It saves my team hours of time every month. It easy to manage clients, track subscriptions, track hours and send invoices. Oh and it makes taxes season a breeze! The milage tracking feature has saved me over thousands per year in taxes since they released it.

Cons

The only complaint I have with Freshbooks is the Expenses feature. It has the ability to connect to your bank account to automatically pull in your charges, however, it never stays connected to our bank and it becomes a hassle. But they are great about helping to resolve the issue when it happens.

Zoho Expense

Reasons for Choosing FreshBooks

We needed a system that was easier to use and required less management.

Reasons for Switching to FreshBooks

It was created by someone who was in the same industry and experienced the same problems I had, and because he built Freshbooks to solve those problems I knew it was the right solution for us.
Tường
  • Industry: Banking

This software is extremely easy to use.Beautiful user interface, easy to operate and very...

Reviewed on 30/10/2020

We work very well with the team thanks to work sharing, document sharing is quick and easy.

Pros

Completely convenient and easy. I find that overall this is a great program I use to start designing for businesses automatically. Can be combined with other apps I am using. No more spending weeks billing and sending to customers. Freshbooks will create an invoice and send it out in seconds send suggestions, track my time, invoice clients and adjust my costs for financial reporting, all in one easy-to-use. Track and control account simply, no longer spend too much effort because of many types of account simply each day. Smart reporting system combined with easy and effective teamwork place.

Cons

FreshBooks is designed with auto-leveling and data checking to ensure all numbers are accurate and logical. But since our trades are so accurate, I don't have any negative points

Heather
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Easy no nonsense accounting platform

Reviewed on 8/10/2020

I had been using a widely regarded accounting competitor whose system was way more than I needed. FreshBooks allowed me to consolidate several platforms into one - saving me money and time.

Pros

FreshBooks allows me to create estimates & send proposals, track my time, invoice clients and reconcile my expenses for financial reporting all in one easy to use place. I was using 3 different platforms before to do all of this.

Cons

It would be nice to have slightly more robust accounting functionality but for the most part it does everything I need it to do. I’d like to be able to track time by quantity rather than just duration.

HoneyBook, 17hats and Bonsai.io

Reasons for Choosing FreshBooks

I wanted something easier to use where I could also create estimates & proposals and track my time.

Reasons for Switching to FreshBooks

FB seemed the least complicated. I didn’t need my accounting product to be my virtual assistant, I needed it to make bookkeeping easy for me so I could run my business.
Ryan

Barely passed high school math - and I'm now the bookkeeper

Reviewed on 8/10/2020

I love Freshbooks. We used Quickbooks up until I made the decision in January to say I was done stuggling with their program. We had tried the desk top and online versions and they both are so overwhelming with useless features that just get in the way of the simple bookkeeping and accounting needs that our particular business have.

I have been asked by other women in business, if I can help them with accounting as they start their business, and my first suggestion is that they immediately drop QB and move over to Freshbooks.

From our reports to filing quarterlies, reconciling and estimating - every thing about Freshbooks is better.

I have told my husband I would literally become a volunteer spokesperson for Freshbooks due to how much more enjoyable they have made running the backside of our business.

My ONLY regret is not doing this years ago. That's it. This product is life changing!

Pros

Pretty much everything.

The dashboard, estimating, reports, client organization, etc etc. This product is outstanding.

Cons

The type A personality in me would love to be able to close out the books monthly, but I'll take the trade off if it means my books stay balanced - which they always do in Freshbooks.

I also wish the mobile app was more of an interactive user app, vs being more of a quick snapshot of our business.

Brad
  • Industry: Events Services

Accounting for dummies

Reviewed on 19/6/2020

Overall I cant fault the product and would definitely recommend it to any business owner. The only thing I wish was possible, is to pay in my local currency for budgeting purposes.

Pros

I started using Freshbooks when I was given the opportunity to start a company in the wedding industry. At the time I had no idea what I was doing when it came to bookkeeping but FreshBooks made it easy to manage. What I loved about the software was the journey I followed, from Quotation to final invoice. The ability to send the quote/invoice with a simple click streamlined my business process. I eventually had to hand over when I couldn't handle the load, and because of the intuitive software, it was an simple handover. When I needed a report, i didn't have to wait for it to come from my bookkeeper, I just jumped online and got what I needed quickly and easily. Oh the cherry on the cake was the app. I used to showcase at trade-shows so the app allowed me to draw up an invoice and email the client without leaving the booth, or needing my laptop.

Cons

The price point was a bit of a hard pill to swallow, especially in an economy where the $ is much stronger than my local currency. The fluxuating market made budgeting a nightmare, and when getting a start up off the ground, every cent counts. While I could work around that, the one thing I disliked was the fact that one could go back and edit invoices/quotes post creation. I have since learnt that this is a big no no, but at the time I was non the wiser. I unfortunately lost money due to this, as many cash sales invoices were edited, and the balance pocketed.

Andreas
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Freshbooks - Still one of the best billing systems around

Reviewed on 19/12/2019

Able to run and invoice quickly. Add the strong integration that it has with Freshdesk for ticketing and my time tracking - it has allowed me to better streamline my operations.

Pros

Tracking and customer portal that is fully labeled as your own... this is a feature most competitors do not have. Know when your customers have viewed your invoices and even printed them! Slick mobile app

Cons

Pricing has gone up vis a vis other comparable competitors. Ticketing is very basic. One issue that could have been done better is that this is more of a quoting system and not proposal based. So making fancier proposals you are best off using another platform.

Zoho Books and Xero

Reasons for Choosing FreshBooks

Portal for my customers to look at historical invoices.

Russell

Extraordinary item combined to the friendliest help in financial software

Reviewed on 11/5/2019

The most significant thing with this product is efficient. I adore everything about FreshBooks. It is a great application for specialists and little organizations. I have been utilizing it for as long as couple of years and rate it the best programming in the market. At whatever point I had issues, the help group helped me to determine them rapidly with successful arrangements.

Pros

Probably the main motivations we picked FreshBooks over other programming: *Incredibly smooth and simple to utilize interface *Ability to mark your own in hues just as include your logo *Each client can be doled out their own charging gateway login and you can have various customers under one organization however each have diverse username *Utilizes Braintree instalments (our essential vendor processor)
FreshBooks is quick and dependable suite for accounting.FreshBooks is an honour winning money and bookkeeping programming and a standout amongst the best cloud answers for entrepreneurs. It is the present holder of Finances Online's Best Accounting Software Award for 2016 just as the Supreme Software Award for 2016, and has the most noteworthy consumer loyalty rates of all comparative applications in this classification. As you will discover in this survey, there is a not insignificant rundown of reasons why our specialists considered FreshBooks for these esteemed affirmations.

Cons

*Reporting could be improved *Needs better compromise as far as parities. You can do day by day monetary records, yet I would prefer to have it ascertain how my business is getting along dependent on capital in our present record, at that point factor in what we earned and our costs. *Not useful for organizations that have stock, need stock administration (this I wouldn't really rate as a con nonetheless, on the grounds that Freshbooks was constructed and intended for SERVICE style organizations - for that it works incredible) *Reporting can't be opened in the portable application, you have to get to it through the program *To my insight, you can't maintain different organizations out of one record. We as of now have two organizations and are choosing on the off chance that we are going to open up a different Freshbooks account or if there is another choice that is more qualified for the second business.

Chris
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Improvements need to keep coming ....

Reviewed on 27/12/2018

I've been a FreshBooks customer for YEARS and I do like them. I've ridden it out through all the changes and just dealt with how interfaces change and prices change. In the past few years there have been a lot more freelancer payment management systems that have come along. I've looked around, but I find myself staying with what is comfortable even though something else may be better. Fear of the unknown I guess, and not wanting to learn a new system while I'm busy working. I just think there could be some improvements made since the last major interface update. It was like a whole OS upgrade and then no new updates for the past few years -- other than pricing tier changes. There is no sense that FreshBooks is looking to improve and listen to their customers about what features they need or would like to see. Just my opinion and view. I could be very wrong. Thanks.

Pros

Over the years, FreshBooks has made efforts to improve its service and update the levels of programs. The latest change they made to the interface has improved some things but other parts have been left behind and I've personally not seen any updates or changes in the past few years. What I like MOST is what they started with years ago -- the ability to remind clients at the 30, 60, 90 day marks to pay their bills. However, the interface to set that feature up changed a few years ago with their major update and it's not as intuitive now.

Cons

I do NOT like the timer starting off before you even choose what project you are working on. This is a SIMPLE FIX. I asked about it years ago and was told that -- yah, basically you launch the timer and then click the pause button while you work out what project you are on -- then start the timer again. Not a good design.

I do NOT like setting up a new project and having a ton of task all added to this new project that I have to deselect -- about 20 or so that I have to remove each time -- and then add in the correct task for that project.

I do NOT like having to deal with setting default payment settings and reminders for each client I set-up. Can't that just be a universal default setting to turn on?

I do NOT like having service tiers change and being told the level I was previously on is changing and this new level will cost more -- and that's what I have to accept now. I'm a independent contractor and I have few clients -- I don't need the next level. But ... whatever.

Erica
  • Industry: Design

Stellar customer service. Simple interface.

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

FreshBooks helps me do the essential tasks of invoices and expenses while also helping me get a big picture view of my business's financial health.

Pros

I started my freelance business nearly 3 years ago, and after initial struggles with Quickbooks (I even had a 2-hour training session with a Quickbooks instructor who just further confused me), I put off dealing with the financial side of my business for over a year (until my CPA was hounding me for tax stuff). Upon the recommendation of another freelancing friend, I decided to give FreshBooks a try. I finally got FreshBooks up and running, and I was amazed at how much it relieved my stress, rather than adding to it. The basic setup is simple and straight-forward, but as my business has grown, I've been impressed with little tricks built into FreshBooks that helps me save time and get a better overall view of my business.

Also, I don't think I've ever experienced such consistently helpful and friendly customer service. Any time I call with a question, the person on the phone is empowered to help me out.

Cons

There are even more integrations and advancements that I think FreshBooks could offer to be even better. Here are a few examples:

+ I'd love to be able to do some kind of forecasting of income based either on draft invoices for project currently in the works, or estimates that have been accepted.

+ I wish I could set up estimates so clients could accept/reject specific line items so that I could send one estimate with different options, rather than multiple different estimates.

+ I wish I could apply discounts to specific line items in the invoices rather than the subtotal of the entire invoice so I could discount my services without discounting passed-along expenses I incur.

I've shared such feedback and other minor requests with the FreshBooks team, and they've sounded receptive, so I hope updates/upgrades like these will one day be available.

Free accounting apps never worked for me. Finally bit the bullet and am in major LOVE w...

Reviewed on 29/7/2018

Pros

This might make me sound superficial but the first thing I loved about Freshbooks was the interface. The icons, the buttons, the way everything looks is so so appealing to me. And it made me want to use the trial version (I did this a little more than 1 year ago). Using it made me feel like I was getting my financial act together. Which it later did, btw.

The time tracker is the best... time saver for me. It records time and then adds everything together in a way that nothing else really did. It seems so obvious but nothing I was using before helped track my hours this way. This is the thing that used to drive me round the bend when it came time to invoicing clients. I used to delay invoicing (aka "getting paid") because my own system was terrible..and I could not find a better way until finally deciding that maybe I needed to pay for something to help me.

I like the notes section for the time entries. I like how flexible it is to shift recorded time entries around or update the text to better describe what work I actually did.

I also love the support from Freshbooks. They're super responsive and extremely helpful. They do not waste my time with a lot of blather I've experienced in so many other customer service situations (like repeating back to me the question I just proferred). They include screenshots and precise language to answer my questions.

Also: Expenses in FB. I now go out of my way to add in expenses as they come w/o avoiding them.

Cons

I recommended Freshbooks to a friend of mine who started using it right away. Then he had trouble with a really difficult client he'd billed using Freshbooks. This client (I subcontracted with the friend so am aware of what all happened) contested all of my friend's work and refused payment after paying the Freshbooks invoice. And Freshbooks allowed the chargeback to happen. I think other software does not allow this --- for example, my friend now uses Quickbooks as a result.

I have also experienced some quirks when it came to adding new jobs to repeat clients. This is likely my own error but it's not something I've cared to reach out to the support team to question.

I also have not downloaded a year's incoming and outgoing details to give to an accountant. So I don't know how well that all works. Again, my own thing, and not necessarily on them.