FreshBooks Reviews

Allison
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great Invoicing Tool for Time Tracking

Reviewed on 12/11/2022

Freshbooks does manage the following VERY well: Time tracking against projects and clients; invoice creation based on tracked time; and one-off invoices or flat rate pricing. I also like the clean and easy to navigate interface.Generating and reading historical reports is quick and easy to determine things like, how quickly specific clients are paying (and who is historically slower at paying), income by client and income by project/work type.The phone app is functional for my needs, although it's a little clunky and not nearly as full featured as the desktop software. It's not bad, but not great. I have successfully tracked time on the app, then issued an invoice from my phone to my client's email inbox.Overall, Freshbook fulfills my needs as a consultant.

Pros

I really like Freshbooks for it's easy invoicing and time tracking. I was able to integrate it with Teamwork project management software so that more complex jobs that require detailed time tracking against tasks and milestones could be tracked there and then my time could be exported to Freshbooks. Freshbooks also integrated with my Paypal gateway, allowing me to accept major credit cards.

Cons

Freshbooks collaboration with other contractors doesn't work very well. In addition, the per-client pricing has gotten pricey for those of us who have many one-off clients.The retainer payments feature was not easy to use.

Harvest and QuickBooks Online

Reasons for Switching to FreshBooks

Invoicing flexibility, integration with Teamwork PM software and integration with Paypal.
Julia Maria
Julia Maria
  • Industry: Information Services

It amply met my expectations and satisfies the company's needs.

Reviewed on 23/7/2022

When we implemented it, it was a lifesaver, as it makes day-to-day financial work easy and not at all intimidating, especially. It helped us save a lot of time, as we can focus on what we do and let Freshbooks do the rest. I especially like the professional look of the invoices without having to spend too much time designing or using design software. Anyone can create an attractive and professional invoice in minutes and I appreciate that.

Pros

I like how adaptable it is and how it can be used for any need. We have been using it in the company for a couple of years now, I already knew it from my freelance work and I can attest to the goodness and simplicity of the system. At the moment we have the Plus subscription and I find it very complete and affordable.

Cons

I would like the application to be more complete and useful because I would like to have a complete view of my invoices when I am not at my desk.

Reasons for Choosing FreshBooks

One problem I often had when working with Quickbooks is that it sometimes took too long to load and was too slow; in fact, that was one of the reasons we switched to another platform (Freshbooks).

QuickBooks Desktop Pro

Reasons for Switching to FreshBooks

We can use Freshbooks for business, integrating other applications, or tracking software for things like inventory.

No Two-Factor Authentication - Very bad overall security

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Freshbooks has been in business for years but does not have a basic Two-Factor Authentication feature to prevent hackers from gaining unauthorized access to customers' accounts. Not having this feature borders on negligence. This is a basic standard feature that other cloud accounting software XERO and Quickbooks have had for years.

Not having two-factor authentication is alarmingly bad because tens of thousands of Freshbooks customers are trusting Freshbooks with a ton sensitive company data about their finances, customers, bank information, credit card processor information, and prospects etc into Freshbooks. If hackers get a password, they can easily access this valuable information because there is no two-factor authentication to stop them from getting in.

Does Freshbooks take customer security seriously? Apparently not. I emailed them about this dangerous lack of basic security features and as of December 2019 Freshbooks says there is no plan to add two factor authentication in the future.

Their answer as the same as it was when I wrote them in 2018 about this problem. Their answer was that they would pass this suggestion along to their programmers so they can give it future consideration.

Pros

Ease of use and straightforward, simple interface. Easy invoicing.

Cons

Freshbooks lacks all of these industry standard security features:

No Two-Factor Authentication at login.

No IP address blocking to prevent certain IP addresses from logging in my account.

No log/audit showing when I last logged in and out of the account.

No forced internet timeout/log out when the account has been left untouched for a while.
This is standard on other online accounting software and is used by most banks as a security feature.

Response from FreshBooks

Hey there, thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreshBooks.

I certainly understand where you're coming from regarding features like two-factor authentication. While my colleague that you spoke with recently is correct that this isn't a feature we currently offer, I have flagged your feedback for our Product Team to review directly. This is a team we have a FreshBooks who reviews and gathers customer feedback for issues and concerns like what you've raised.

If there's any other feedback you wish to provide, please don't hesitate to reach our to our Support Team at 1-866-303-6061 Monday through Friday, 8am-8pm EST or [email protected]. ^DM

Michael
  • Industry: Entertainment

Awesome invoice and billing system

Reviewed on 15/1/2024

By far the easiest to use
invoicing/billing software ever if you ask me. We're saving time and...

By far the easiest to use
invoicing/billing software ever if you ask me. We're saving time and money because we use Freshbooks. This is one app that I actually recommend to people I know.

Pros

Freshbooks is extremely user friendly. It's also a high quality product with a lot of good features and personalized settings. Awesome project and time tracking.
I like to use the mobile app because we're traveling a lot and
still need to use the service. It's easy to open and start working on whenever and wherever I want. I've never lost my work either.
It feels like the app actually knows what I need and makes suggestions to help. I love that.

Cons

We only need the inventory feature for a small portion of our sales so I haven't used it a lot, but I don't think it's as good as others I've used. Specifically inventory tracking.

QuickBooks Online and Wave

Zoho Books
Kimani
Kimani
  • Industry: Accounting

Like human fingerprints, Freshbooks is Unique

Reviewed on 23/10/2023

Freshbooks have proved to be dependable over the years. It's accuracy and efficiency remain unmatched

Pros

Using Freshbooks has been a game changer for me and my team. It's interface is friendly and easy to navigate saving us on setting up time and helping us keep everything neatly organized. Freshbook is a unique platform whose touch of excellence in accounting and expense management stood out for me in comparison to other tools in the market. I find it's performance and reliability top notch in functions like generation and invoices tracking which is complete. It's decency in tracking expenses is on its own level. I am also able to execute receipt approvals, billable hours and keep financial records which are the major accounting roles making it an ultimate accounting solution

Cons

To be honest I have not encountered a single thing I dislike about Freshbooks. As an accountant who have used lots of accounting softwares I can recommend freshbooks to anyone out there for efficient execution of his/her accounting needs

Santiago
Santiago
  • Industry: Entertainment

Industry Standard in Customer Support....

Reviewed on 14/6/2023

I don't think I have ever had a negative experience with this company. Really! Every phone support experience I've ever had with them has been impressive. Every SaaS company should use Freshbooks as their standard to look up to and strive toward. Seriously, they're THAT GOOD!

Pros

Customer service is Freshbooks super strength. You won't find another company that has a better more competent support team. When you call, you get a human that answers the phone. And they know how to help you without having to transfer you around to different departments. I'm in love with this company.

Cons

I wish they would add signature integration with their invoices. But I understand they're not DocuSign. But if they did offer that option, their value would skyrocket in my opinion.

PayPal Invoicing

Reasons for Choosing FreshBooks

Streamline my process. Customer service.

Keap

Reasons for Switching to FreshBooks

Customer support and service. #1 in the industry... PERIOD!
Joseph
Joseph

Freshbooks Review

Reviewed on 25/9/2023

I think there are less expensive services but none do what I need as well as Freshbooks.

Pros

High quality service with excellent support. It does everything I need it to do.

Cons

Like I said, it's a high quality service but it's a bit pricey.

Plutio and Freshdesk

Reasons for Choosing FreshBooks

I needed better search capabilities.

Plutio

Reasons for Switching to FreshBooks

I needed a polished service that was more intuitive than what I was using before.

Greta software, could not be without it

Reviewed on 3/7/2023

Been using for over five years, blows away the competition for features, functionalist and easy access to human support

Pros

It has a lot of other s3rd party software that can be added to increase its functionality. Very easy to use, Great support

Cons

The fact that FreshBooks charges extra to incorporate credit card charging for repetitive invoicing

BusyPaws

Features, incorporating to add 3rd party software, initial pricing
Kabayo
Kabayo
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Free invoicing

Reviewed on 3/9/2023

Invoicing is quick with this product in way that templates of invoices are already provided.

Pros

Freshbooks trials version is free for a month and when the month is completed with out using it, the month is resumed

Cons

Clear and fantastic software for invoicing

FreshBooks Makes Billing, Invoicing and Tax Time a Joy!

Reviewed on 25/9/2023

Overall, it has been an excellent experience with FreshBooks. I'd continue to recommend them!

Pros

I like that there are so many features built in to FreshBooks. Also, many features, such as invoices, can be customized to suit your needs. This was a major benefit that we have seen a lot of value from.

Cons

There is a litte bit of a learning curve, but once you figure it out (their customer support is great!) you're up and running in just minutes.

HoneyBook

Reasons for Switching to FreshBooks

FreshBooks had more features and a more robust suite of offerings built in.
Ryan

Barely passed high school math - and I'm now the bookkeeper

Reviewed on 8/10/2020

I love Freshbooks. We used Quickbooks up until I made the decision in January to say I was done stuggling with their program. We had tried the desk top and online versions and they both are so overwhelming with useless features that just get in the way of the simple bookkeeping and accounting needs that our particular business have.

I have been asked by other women in business, if I can help them with accounting as they start their business, and my first suggestion is that they immediately drop QB and move over to Freshbooks.

From our reports to filing quarterlies, reconciling and estimating - every thing about Freshbooks is better.

I have told my husband I would literally become a volunteer spokesperson for Freshbooks due to how much more enjoyable they have made running the backside of our business.

My ONLY regret is not doing this years ago. That's it. This product is life changing!

Pros

Pretty much everything.

The dashboard, estimating, reports, client organization, etc etc. This product is outstanding.

Cons

The type A personality in me would love to be able to close out the books monthly, but I'll take the trade off if it means my books stay balanced - which they always do in Freshbooks.

I also wish the mobile app was more of an interactive user app, vs being more of a quick snapshot of our business.

Fran

So much better than Quickbooks

Reviewed on 7/7/2022

I started with Freshbooks back in 2011, a colleague recommended I switch to Quickbooks, which I did. It only lasted a year before I went back to Freshbooks. Even though it was a pain to switch, it was worth it because when I have a problem with Freshbooks, I just send an email to [email protected] and they answer me the same day, usually. With Quickbooks, it was too hard to get support. It's not a double entry bookkeeping program, so if you need that, it's not for you. But for basic invoicing (including automatic recurring on any timeframe), time tracking, expense tracking, and reporting, it's perfect.

Pros

Easy to use, interface. Excellent customer support.

Cons

There is a chrome extension for tracking time, in addition to within the app. The chrome extension was recently updated and is now not working properly. When you type the project name in it doesn't auto search, you have to scroll them all of them (and I have a lot) to select it now. They will fix it, i'm sure.
Sometimes have trouble with expense syncing, and would like more features to make that faster and easier to categorize.

Harvest

Reasons for Choosing FreshBooks

Support was lacking, and too difficult to use.

Rachel

Freshbooks is the ultimate for a service-based business

Reviewed on 22/9/2022

It was a good onboarding experience. I didn't call support and had us rolling in about 2 hours. The things I miss from Quickbooks aren't here, but they are continuing to build out the system. Hopefully we can get some of those critical features sooner than later.

Pros

I used to love Quickbooks. It had an app, it had time tracking. Then everything I loved was taken away. Freshbooks is the choice we made because it was built for a small service-based business. Recurring billing, time tracking, payment processing, it's all built in and easy to use. It took me 2 hours to get setup completely and it was a great experience. It's great for an owner who needs to be able to just run their business.

Cons

This is a major miss on the accounting side of the house. If you came from Quickbooks, you know how important double-entry accounting is, in depth reporting with punchouts, a quick dashboard into profitability. This isn't the case with Freshbooks. You will need an accountant to help at the end of the year. Ours had to rebuild our system because it doesn't believe in a cash-based accounting system.

Robin
Robin

Accounting on rails

Reviewed on 27/4/2023

It just makes life simple. I just wanted to be able to find the easiest way possible to invoice clients in a professional way and manage the client accounts while minimising the work that I had to do or outsource.This solution really did tickle the boxes for me and saves me a lot of time from the manual system I was using previously.

Pros

It's really easy to get started. There has obviously been a lot of effort being put into making the initial process as easy as possible, from branding and colours on the invoicing, to integrating with payment processors et cetera.The daily process is also very easy to manage. It's a five minute job to set up a new client and send them an invoice straight from Freshbooks using existing products and services descriptions.The integrations save me a lot of time by allowing me to automate a lot of functions which would other boys have been done manually and would've required reminders et cetera. For these I used Zapier which connects really well, and I found the integration is to be very reliable over time.Even as a reasonably small user, the customer service was incredible. I don't just mean responses to questions from me, but proactive outreach from the support and sales team which I found to be really high quality.Clients also seemed to really respond well to the invoicing process, and found it easy to access and download the invoices, and payment via credit card was quite a popular option.I actually used the app for a number of different businesses and it was really useful to be able to switch between them in the same dashboard.

Cons

I had a certain amount of trouble with one client when I was trying to set up direct debit payments, and while I got really great support the process didn't seem that reliable in this particular case. This was the only occasion where I had any major difficulties though that weren't caused by myself for the client.

Invoicely

Reasons for Choosing FreshBooks

I was creating PDF invoices myself, sending out payment links by email, and entering all of the details into a spreadsheet all separately.This was very time-consuming and didn't look professional at all.

Reasons for Switching to FreshBooks

FreshBooks was recommended by a few colleagues, but mostly because the proactive support from the team, my experience on the evaluation seeing her professionally presented the business would be represented on the client side, and the availability of integrations.
Swati

Freshen up Your Finances with FreshBooks!

Reviewed on 4/5/2023

While FreshBooks is a useful accounting software for managing your business finances, its pricing may not be reasonable for some users. The starting cost of $15 per month is quite heavy, and additional features require extra payment. It's worth noting that the customer care service may not be satisfactory, as you may have long conversations with support staff without reaching a solution.

Pros

FreshBooks is a simple and user-friendly invoicing and accounting software that is especially useful for beginners. Whether you're running a small business or you're a freelancer with limited time to invest in managing your finances, FreshBooks is the solution you've been looking for. With a user-friendly interface and easy-to-use data uploading capabilities, FreshBooks has everything you need to simplify your financial management processes. One of the key features of FreshBooks is online invoicing, which makes it easy to generate invoices and even offers customizable templates for balance sheets. You can add your clients and billables, and the invoice will be sent directly to them via email. They can then pay you online, making it a hassle-free process. Plus, you can even use your camera to upload bills and keep track of your expenses.

Cons

FreshBook is an accounting software for managing the finace for your business but its pricing is somehow not resonable i guess it heavely charged starting from $15 and you also have to pay extra for additional features. i would like point put ts customer care which is not at stifactory they indulge in long conerstion and still you reach to the solutuon tyou are looking for.

Amy
Amy
  • Industry: Consumer Services

FRESH ISNT ALWAYS QUICK ( or efficient)

Reviewed on 13/3/2023

Fresh books was recommended by a friend that utilizes it for her drop shipping business. She recommended it due to pricing, great for a small set up however, if u have one or more employees or accounts payable or receivables then don't bother it was a disappointment

Pros

What I liked most was pricing and ease of initial set up

Cons

What was least favored with this software was the amount of double to triple entry of data and ledgering had to be checked and rechecked due to inaccurate totaling and the taxes aren't even close to kept accurate here.

Response from FreshBooks

Hey Amy, thank you for taking the time to share your review of FreshBooks.

I have shared your feedback with our Product Team on your behalf. You can check out any changes and updates made in FreshBooks here: https://support.freshbooks.com/hc/en-us/articles/11925619511053-Changes-Updates-in-2023. If there's any other feedback you wish to share or if you need any assistance, please feel free to reach out to our Support Team: https://www.freshbooks.com/contact ^DM

Heather
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Easy no nonsense accounting platform

Reviewed on 8/10/2020

I had been using a widely regarded accounting competitor whose system was way more than I needed. FreshBooks allowed me to consolidate several platforms into one - saving me money and time.

Pros

FreshBooks allows me to create estimates & send proposals, track my time, invoice clients and reconcile my expenses for financial reporting all in one easy to use place. I was using 3 different platforms before to do all of this.

Cons

It would be nice to have slightly more robust accounting functionality but for the most part it does everything I need it to do. I’d like to be able to track time by quantity rather than just duration.

HoneyBook, 17hats and Bonsai.io

Reasons for Choosing FreshBooks

I wanted something easier to use where I could also create estimates & proposals and track my time.

Reasons for Switching to FreshBooks

FB seemed the least complicated. I didn’t need my accounting product to be my virtual assistant, I needed it to make bookkeeping easy for me so I could run my business.
Yvonne
  • Industry: Design

Great Invoicing Software for Designers

Reviewed on 28/1/2022

Freshbooks has a cleaner and more user friendly interface than any accounting software that I’ve used. My CPA complains that the back end is not as robust as Quickbooks, but other than that, it’s the best for creatives in my opinion

Pros

I love the ability to create proposals with pictures and a client signature line. Also, the app is pretty great.

Cons

I’d like to be able to add pictures through the app, but it’s never worked. The back end for taxes and reconciling found be better according to my cpa

Xero

Reasons for Choosing FreshBooks

I needed an easy to use app

Reasons for Switching to FreshBooks

Freshbooks allows for pictures to be attached to proposals which is vital to my biz.
Russell

Extraordinary item combined to the friendliest help in financial software

Reviewed on 11/5/2019

The most significant thing with this product is efficient. I adore everything about FreshBooks. It is a great application for specialists and little organizations. I have been utilizing it for as long as couple of years and rate it the best programming in the market. At whatever point I had issues, the help group helped me to determine them rapidly with successful arrangements.

Pros

Probably the main motivations we picked FreshBooks over other programming: *Incredibly smooth and simple to utilize interface *Ability to mark your own in hues just as include your logo *Each client can be doled out their own charging gateway login and you can have various customers under one organization however each have diverse username *Utilizes Braintree instalments (our essential vendor processor)
FreshBooks is quick and dependable suite for accounting.FreshBooks is an honour winning money and bookkeeping programming and a standout amongst the best cloud answers for entrepreneurs. It is the present holder of Finances Online's Best Accounting Software Award for 2016 just as the Supreme Software Award for 2016, and has the most noteworthy consumer loyalty rates of all comparative applications in this classification. As you will discover in this survey, there is a not insignificant rundown of reasons why our specialists considered FreshBooks for these esteemed affirmations.

Cons

*Reporting could be improved *Needs better compromise as far as parities. You can do day by day monetary records, yet I would prefer to have it ascertain how my business is getting along dependent on capital in our present record, at that point factor in what we earned and our costs. *Not useful for organizations that have stock, need stock administration (this I wouldn't really rate as a con nonetheless, on the grounds that Freshbooks was constructed and intended for SERVICE style organizations - for that it works incredible) *Reporting can't be opened in the portable application, you have to get to it through the program *To my insight, you can't maintain different organizations out of one record. We as of now have two organizations and are choosing on the off chance that we are going to open up a different Freshbooks account or if there is another choice that is more qualified for the second business.

Brad
  • Industry: Events Services

Accounting for dummies

Reviewed on 19/6/2020

Overall I cant fault the product and would definitely recommend it to any business owner. The only thing I wish was possible, is to pay in my local currency for budgeting purposes.

Pros

I started using Freshbooks when I was given the opportunity to start a company in the wedding industry. At the time I had no idea what I was doing when it came to bookkeeping but FreshBooks made it easy to manage. What I loved about the software was the journey I followed, from Quotation to final invoice. The ability to send the quote/invoice with a simple click streamlined my business process. I eventually had to hand over when I couldn't handle the load, and because of the intuitive software, it was an simple handover. When I needed a report, i didn't have to wait for it to come from my bookkeeper, I just jumped online and got what I needed quickly and easily. Oh the cherry on the cake was the app. I used to showcase at trade-shows so the app allowed me to draw up an invoice and email the client without leaving the booth, or needing my laptop.

Cons

The price point was a bit of a hard pill to swallow, especially in an economy where the $ is much stronger than my local currency. The fluxuating market made budgeting a nightmare, and when getting a start up off the ground, every cent counts. While I could work around that, the one thing I disliked was the fact that one could go back and edit invoices/quotes post creation. I have since learnt that this is a big no no, but at the time I was non the wiser. I unfortunately lost money due to this, as many cash sales invoices were edited, and the balance pocketed.

Gaurav
Gaurav

FreshBooks is a reliable and fast accounting suite for complex financial management

Reviewed on 12/1/2018

A complete makeover

A complete makeover

FreshBooks developers understand the struggle of small teams to handle complex accounting projects and deliver efficient results.

Just as easy as you know it to be

Back in the days, a team of developers decided to design an easy, intuitive, and non-accountant friendly finance management app, and promised their users that this approach will never change.

Mobile-friendly and accessible

FreshBooks is considerably good at following trends, and the best proof of it are the mobile platform add-ons for iOS and Android devices, allowing you to access data and do accounting regardless of your location.

Saves billing time like no other app

FreshBooks redesigned its time tracking for billing purposes by allowing companies to accept payment online, and to do so via various payment gateways.

Excellent invoice to payment features

FreshBooks offers top rate invoice to payment features that can be used by all small businesses. For instance, you can track exactly when your customer opened your invoice email.

Tracking expenses with handy snaps

This feature comes handy if you need to liquidate expenses after a client meeting: you simply click a picture of the receipt and attach the snap to an item in FreshBooks to log the expense.

racking working times even better than before

The new version of the app allows you to becertain of the accuracy of your charges, and lets you have proof if a client decides to dispute them. You can even use the iOS and Android apps to track your working time in the field. Plus, it is easy to convert your work timesheet into an invoice and send it to clients for payments.

A bright future

As good as the new FreshBooks version may look now, it has only begun to develop. The company promises many advanced features in the near future, including bank accounts reconciliation, non-invoice income recording, and billing adjusted to enterprise-grade users. The innovative spirit is planned to spread on to reporting as well, and transform the scope of available integrations to help companies get paid for their efforts, time, and expertise. At the same time, FreshBooks Classic (as the old version is currently known) will remain active, but will constantly be absorbed within the new one's comprehensive productive suite.

Pros

businesses get to manage invoices and recurring subscriptions in less than no time, and collect online payments within the same system. In fact, FreshBooks enables Google Checkout, PayPal, and credit card payments, and integrates with a long list of business systems and applications that can streamline this process. With it, odds are good that you will unite financial control in a single system, and stop paying for the maintenance of complex software infrastructure.

A considerable advantage of FreshBooks compared to other accounting apps is the availability of fully-functional mobile apps and add-ons you can get for Android and iOS devices. The apps allow you to bring the power and convenience of the software on location, and do accounting and access records whenever you wish to do so. As you can see, FreshBooks literally takes finances out of the office, but does so in a safe and seamless fashion.

Cons

Despite a wide range of excellent features users have pointed out a few minor things that can be improved in FreshBooks: its metrics, goal setting, and reporting features can be better. One user also found bugs in FreshBooks email click-throughs and automated expenses which did not function to his liking. Apart from these insignificant glitches, hoever, there is no doubt that FreshBooks is a top notch accounting product that can bring a lot to your accounting deparatament.

Salim
Salim
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Gain supremacy and rediscover accounting experience with FreshBooks, the best there is in the...

Reviewed on 16/2/2023

We make use of FreshBooks in our organization for accounting. More to just accounting, it has delivered us with top quality bookkeeping services which helps us keep all our financial books like receipts in an orderly and easy to access place. It gas also helped us create very effective invoices for customers, send them together with due payments reminders and also it allows us understand the position of our organization financial via the financial reports.

Pros

FreshBooks gives one a robust and unified accounting platform where you can perform all your accounting tasks efficiently without having to use multiple products for each task. With its functionalities in bookkeeping, billing, accounting, expenses tracking, financial reporting and much more, it always proves to be the most qualified tool for solving your accounting needs. It helps generate very detailed financial reports which are effective at giving accurate insights on the position of the business financially. This also helps by guiding one on how to make crucial decisions to help improve your business performance. It has a very user-friendly user interface which gives one easy time when navigating through it and making use of its features. Moreso, some of its functions like invoicing comes with ready-made invoice templates which guides you toward generating professionally looking invoices for your customers. FreshBooks has a very committed user support team which are always ready to offer any assistance you need or answer any questions you might be having.

Cons

FreshBooks is a very effective accounting tool and each of its features has proved to be very useful. It's easy to use, has a very supportive customer support team and i have never encountered any difficulties when using it.

• Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

A nice experience with Freshbooks

Reviewed on 24/3/2023

I have found the platform to be very user-friendly and efficient. It has made my job of managing expenses, invoicing clients, and tracking time much easier and more streamlined. I particularly appreciate the ability to create and customize invoices quickly and easily, which has helped me to get paid more promptly and accurately.One of the things that I find particularly useful is the ability to access Freshbooks from anywhere, as it is cloud-based and accessible on multiple devices. This has made it easy for me to work remotely and stay up-to-date on my accounting tasks while on the go.Overall, my experience with Freshbooks has been very positive, and I would recommend it to other people who need to manage finances for their companies. While there are some areas where more customization options or integrations could be beneficial, the platform is generally reliable and efficient. I appreciate the value that Freshbooks provides, and it has become an essential tool for me in my job.

Pros

I can confidently say that the invoice creation feature is one of my favorite parts of the software. It's super user-friendly and allows me to create and customize professional-looking invoices with ease. I'm not an accounting expert, so the fact that I can navigate the software without feeling overwhelmed is a huge plus for me.I also appreciate that I can automate recurring invoices, which is a huge time-saver for me. It's great to know that Freshbooks can handle the invoicing while I can focus on other important aspects of my business.Sending invoices through Freshbooks is a breeze, too. I can easily send them through email and get notified when clients have opened and paid them. And with the option to accept online payments, my clients find it super convenient to pay their invoices.

Cons

One thing that can be frustrating is the lack of customization options for certain aspects of the platform. For example, while I appreciate the ability to customize invoices and estimates, there are some areas where I feel limited in what I can do.For instance, the dashboard and reporting features are not as customizable as I would like them to be. While I can view certain metrics and data points, I cannot always tailor them to my specific needs or preferences. This can make it difficult to get a comprehensive view of my business and make informed decisions based on the data.Additionally, there are some integrations that I would like to see available on the platform that are not currently offered. While Freshbooks does offer a decent selection of integrations, there are some key tools and apps that are not yet supported. This can be limiting in terms of workflow and efficiency.

Zedekiah
Zedekiah

What really sets freshbooks apart

Reviewed on 9/11/2023

Freshbooks is for the wins. Given that accounting can be such an overwhelming task, Freshbooks simplicity becomes a real life hack. It has been way to use to enter expenses and collect payment. It's intuitive to use and has a user-friendly mobile app that allows me enter data and have and overview of all the businesses financial aspects at my own comfort without having to go to the office

Pros

Freshbooks is an accounting software that's is well suited for our needs. It's is of use real set it apart with a dashboard that gives me an overview of outstanding revenue and profits of my business because is simply laid out in an easy to understand way that leave no space for confusion even to us who haven't done accounting before. Freshbooks includes soo many capabilities that makes a great accounting and invoicing solution. The double entry accounting reports feature helps us navigate through payments and expenses. It also allows me to easily create and out an invoice together and accept payments through credit or debit cards. Tax filing is a breeze since I can get a snapshot of the entire revenues which make a it easy for reporting of the income. In the report tabs, I can access the accounting reports from which Iam able to understand the business financial health that is soo critical in daily management .

Cons

Freshbooks ticks all the boxes for my business accounting needs

Randal
Randal
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

"New" Freshbooks has completely make this formerly amazing service...unusable & frustrating

Reviewed on 28/10/2021

Loved them for more than a decade, until the "New" version completely left us wondering what went wrong. Their support has been great, helping us to move to another platform, but again, the "New" version is making that transition even harder, although we haven't tried to export from "Classic", so I could be wrong.

Pros

The previous "Classic" edition was so easy to use, powerful in its simplicity and quick.

The only thing I can say about the "New" version is that it is pretty.

Cons

The "New" version might be pretty, but it has become pretty awful to use.

The platform is now so slow, we often wonder if we clicked on something...so we wait (e.g. create an invoice).

Navigation used to be simple, but that is no longer the case. It takes many more clicks to find the information I need. I've been using now for about 2 months, so I know where to go, but it takes so much longer now.

Invoicing & applying payment now prone to mistakes. The Credit card option will be ON/OFF for all subsequent invoices, so it's hard to make an exception (e.g. hardware) for one invoice. We have to constantly check a few options for every invoice, making the whole process much longer.

Billing for time is somewhat better. It now shows ONLY the clients that have unmilled time, but once you create an invoice, the client will stay in the list for a good 15 minutes, making this feature cool, but useless.

All in all, being moved to "New" has been an absolute nightmare and has caused us to completely lose faith in this company, which I have been using since its inception.

We are sad to say, the problems by far outweighs the pretty interface, and we find ourselves forced to use something functional.

QuickBooks Desktop for Mac

Reasons for Switching to FreshBooks

At the time, I liked the Cloud version.

Response from FreshBooks

Hey Randal, thank you for taking the time to share your review and raise these concerns.

I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced some issues when using FreshBooks - I have passed this feedback along to our team on your behalf. Feedback from customers like yourself is absolutely valuable for the changes and updates that are made to FreshBooks. You can keep up to date with all the changes and updates our team is making here: https://support.freshbooks.com/hc/en-us/articles/360054235012-Changes-Updates-in-2021.

If there are any questions or concerns our Support Team can assist with, our contact information can be found here: https://www.freshbooks.com/contact. ^DM