DocuWare

Document management and workflow automation

4.4/5
4.5/5
4.4/5
4.6/5

Amber

Everyday User

Reviewed on 8/8/2019

Docuware has made it so much easier to store all of our client documents without having to keep the paper copies in the office. I use it daily as my checklist to make sure that all checks/transfer/account changes are getting taken care of in a timely manner from our custodian.

Pros

I like that I can keep track of pending checks/transfer easily and make sure they occur on a timely manner. It is very easy to pull up clients records and see everything we have on them.

Cons

I feel like we are on a very outdated version and have never been notified of upgrades. I'd like to be able to make my own "stamps" to mark documents how they should be marked.

Response from DocuWare

Hello Amber, Thank you for your review. You can get notifications of any version release by subscribing to our Blog and UserInfo right from our website. We release a new version about every 6 months, usually one in the Spring and then again in the Fall. Stamps are created in the DocuWare Thick Client, you should have access to create stamps as needed.

Charles
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Is there a better platform? You decide!

Reviewed on 22/4/2021

It has been good to us for many many years. I have no had any user complain about features or missing files. Searching has been good as long as the correct data is inputed upon file uploads. Creating new "document trays" is simple and made easier with creating new users now.

Pros

DocuWare has been a crucial part of our environment for many , many years! When it goes down, which is not too often, my team is crippled. However, it has been back up quickly in my cases. The configuration aspect is easy for even the basic IT user.

Cons

There aren't very many --when it's down, it's down. No fixing it by contacting support in the Americas. IT is a global company based in Germany I believe. Getting support during our working hours is almost non-existent.

Response from DocuWare

Thank you so much for taking the time to review DocuWare. We're so glad that users in your company are benefiting from
DocuWare's user-friendly features and powerful search capabilities. It's always a pleasure to hear from a happy customer. Your experience with DocuWare Support is not typical. We are committed to offering Level 1 support within 30 minutes and this applies to any case that a customer has identified as critical. We respond to Level 2 requests within 2 hours and Level 3 requests within 5 hours. In addition, we've recently begun to offer 5/24 support for critical issues. Please reach out to us at [email protected] with more details so that we can assist you.

Angela

Reviewed on 31/7/2018

Response from DocuWare

Thank you so much for taking the time to write the review. We want to better understand your issues so that we can offer the appropriate assistance. Please reach out to us at [email protected]. We would appreciate the opportunity to work with you to improve your experience with our solution.

Peter
  • Industry: Wholesale

An excellent solution provider for my documents.

Reviewed on 15/11/2022

I was able to get the effect I wanted in the management of my documents.

I was able to get the effect I wanted in the management of my documents.

Pros

Affordable. Fast interface. It simplifies searching for documents and greatly reduces the time it takes to find a document.

Cons

There is nothing I don't like about the product, it provided the control of my documents as I wanted.

Response from DocuWare

Thank you for taking the time to review DocuWare. We appreciate your positive feedback about how our cloud-based solution has enabled your organisation to automate manual tasks, increase productivity and improve collaboration across departments. If we can ever be of assistance, please reach out to us at [email protected].

RAY

Investing in DocuWare was a good decision. It provides affordable value to our organization.

Reviewed on 19/6/2017

Efficiency, cross-department training and use, ability to archive documents we're required to maintain and reduce storage, ability to limit access to specific documents.

Pros

One of the big reasons our DocuWare roll out was such a success was because our IT vendor worked with us to develop a training and implementation `ramp-up approach that allowed us to continually roll out the solution to our departments. DocuWare has saved us weeks of time, in terms of finding needed information.
We like that DocuWare is very customizable in how we are able to store documents. We also like that it provides a shared vault that everyone can pull from, ensuring consistency in document use.

Cons

We feel DocuWare. although we like the product, is not particularly intuitive. Users need a good training to get full use from the program.

Dan

Easy to approve Invoices

Reviewed on 13/11/2020

Pros

When it comes time to approve invoices, they are all in a queue and ready for me to stamp them as approved or reject. No need to go searching - it is a pretty simple process.

Cons

When typing in search fields, the appropriate selection will eventually appear in a dropdown menu, and must be selected. If you type the search criteria with an exact match and press enter, you will not find what you are looking for unless you have also entered a wildcard search(*).

Response from DocuWare

Thank you so much for your review of DocuWare. We appreciate your feedback. We're glad that your company has benefited from our solution's ability to make collaboration easier and automate time-consuming manual tasks. If we can ever be of assistance, please contact us at [email protected].

Karya
Karya
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Docuware

Reviewed on 27/9/2018

I like having the access to all of our orders at my fingertips. I wish more coworkers used this, instead of picking up the phone or emailing me for information. They can find it all in this online filing cabinet called Docuware.

Pros

We use Docuware as our online filing cabinet. Anything you need to know about an order, you can find in Docuware (as long as it is scanned in and updated accordingly).

Cons

Sometimes items are not uploaded in a timely fashion and/or not linked to the packet.

Response from DocuWare

Thank you so much for taking the time to write the review. Experiencing slow upload speeds is not typical. We want to better understand your issues so that we can offer the appropriate assistance. Please reach out to us at [email protected]. We would appreciate the opportunity to work with you to improve your experience with our solution.

Jennifer
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

DocuWare converted our paper A/P process into a smooth online workflow.

Reviewed on 24/5/2017

Our growth is very healthy, so this allowed us to automate and electronically store our documents without adding more space for file cabinets and hold off on hiring additional employees for a period of time.

Pros

The DocuWare consultant tailored the product to our specific needs. We incorporated many validations and lookups across to the target ERP system (SAGE). The Intellix learning OCR feature was impressive and lived up to the sales pitch, recognizing differences in our vendor base that were surprising (example - some vendor provided dates in mm/dd/yyyy and others presented in dd/mm/yyyy - but DocuWare learned the difference and converted as needed).

Cons

We did not build enough tracking/audit fields at the onset, upon hindsight. Doing it again, I would have a tracking field on who owns the document - so as to always be able to export a file of all open WIP documents and know to whom that they belong.

Sue
  • Industry: Law Practice

Easy to use!

Reviewed on 12/6/2019

I love the functionality of the system. Our office uses it all day long.

I love the functionality of the system. Our office uses it all day long.

Pros

It's very easy to use and has a lot of cool functions that the older version did not have.

Cons

Trying to print it a bit of a hassle, which is confusing because it didn't used to be that way. I'm not sure why happened or why.

Response from DocuWare

Thank you so much for taking the time to review DocuWare. We're happy to hear that you appreciate how user-friendly and intuitive the software is. Ease of use is very important to us, and we're continually developing enhancements to our user interface. Printing problems often stem from issues related to your IT infrastructure. Your DocuWare Partner will be able to help you troubleshoot printing issues. You can also contact us directly at [email protected]

Danielle

Reviewed on 27/5/2021

Using daily to upload shared files within our facility for easy access

Using daily to upload shared files within our facility for easy access

Pros

Makes it easy to scan in files that multiple people need so that everything is in one spot & easy to access

Cons

Nothing is missing that I’m aware of and I haven’t really ran into any issues. Maybe make the search area easier?

Response from DocuWare

Thank you so much for your review. We're pleased that DocuWare's capture features and centralized repository are making collaboration easier at your company. We make continuous improvements to our search capabilities and would be happy to get more detailed input from you. Please reach out to us at [email protected] if you have further comments.

Chris
  • Industry: Government Administration

Local support is excellent. They go above and beyond. DocuWare is very end-user friendly.

Reviewed on 16/5/2017

Document management is a breeze.

Document management is a breeze.

Pros

End-users typically have no trouble using the software and pick it up intuitively. Adding documents to the repository and retrieving them after is a breeze.

Cons

As an administrator, I find the management interface to be convoluted and difficult. So convoluted, in fact, that if you don't work with the interface on a very frequent basis you will find yourself struggling to perform most configuration changes. Knowing where to change something -- even which interface to use to change something -- is difficult. Why is there an administration area that is not web-based, and then workflow management is web-based, etc.? All management functions should be in a common interface, with a common look and feel. That's simply not the case here.

Nicole

Happy about selection

Reviewed on 28/8/2019

The overall capability of the software is amazing; it makes you really take a step back and reevaluate your own process and goals.

Pros

How you can incorporate this product on any area in your business. I also like how it bridges with various software applications.

Cons

I can’t select a series of documents and index them/store in separate trays simultaneously.

Response from DocuWare

Thank you for your review. We appreciate hearing from our customers. We're glad that your organization is benefiting from DocuWare's flexibility and integration capabilities. Depending on what you are trying to accomplish, your DocuWare administrator or your partner can configure the solution to store documents in separate trays. The documents must have an index field that identifies their document type. Then a process runs in the background to send the files to the designated tray.

John
  • Industry: Government Administration

I took over the Docuware administration for my company. The learning curve was steep, but...

Reviewed on 16/5/2017

Organization, shedding of old paper records (which made it easy to relocate).

Organization, shedding of old paper records (which made it easy to relocate).

Pros

It allowed my company to get rid of @ 80% of it's paper records! It collated the old files into a common user interface (per department) that allows anyone to use it and find stuff quickly and easily!

Cons

The one thing I think is missing (and this has been recorded) is that the "fat" client has been removed from the software. As an administrator, I made frequent use of the fat client.

Ryan

We researched document managing programs, Docuware is by far the best program available! WE...

Reviewed on 19/10/2017

Pros

Simplicity, Thorough, and Value these are some words that come to mind about the Docuware program. We are in the process of "managing" 17 years worth of document. Through Docuware we are able to "spider web link" our Bill of Ladings to our Packing Slip to our PO's to our Invoices (AP) to our Customer Invoices (AR) to the SDS sheets to the Certification of Standards documents our customers require. This program has reduced hours of research in paper files to minutes in the program search fields. That's not even the best part! Exceptional Service! We had one minor issue when we first implemented the program within one small area, we contacted our local representation (Les Olson Company) they in return setup a conference call with Docuware with in 48 hours a resolution to the issue AND fixed. I have not had an issue since. My company and I are extremely pleased with Docuware and what it accomplishes.

Jeffrey
Jeffrey
  • Industry: Legal Services

Great Integration into Outlook

Reviewed on 18/7/2019

Pros

I liked having the ability to link documents directly from DocuWare.

Cons

I wish there was a google style search option

Response from DocuWare

We appreciate your taking the time to review DocuWare. We're glad that the solution's Outlook integration capabilities work well for you. You can enhance DocuWare's search capabilities by using Full-Text search. You can also use a wildcard by adding an asterisk on either side or on both sides of your search expression. Additionally, wrap multiple search terms in quotes and separate them with AND or OR to use multiple values against a field or fields in a search dialog. Please reach out to your DocuWare Sales Director for further assistance or contact us at [email protected].

Wendy

No complaints. Great product!

Reviewed on 17/5/2017

We were able to confidently go paperless.

We were able to confidently go paperless.

Pros

That it connects to my email account, as well as, other software for ease of use. If confused about setup they processes are easy to figure out.

Henry
  • Industry: Printing

DocuWare user review

Reviewed on 6/9/2023

The softwares is a good tool for big teamworks and documents

The softwares is a good tool for big teamworks and documents

Pros

It's a tool that simplify the document work

Cons

Some tools are difficult to use and the index is complicated

Resa
  • Industry: Information Services

Take advantage of DocuWare!

Reviewed on 3/2/2023

Overall, DocuWare is an excellent document management system. It has helped us to streamline our workflow and save time and resources. The user-friendly interface and automated processes make it easy to use and the search feature helps us quickly find the documents we need.

Pros

DocuWare is an incredibly efficient and user-friendly document management system. It has helped streamline our workflow, allowing us to quickly and easily access our documents and data. The search feature makes it easy to find the right document quickly and the automated processes have made our job easier.

Cons

Although DocuWare is a great document management system, it can be difficult to customize and configure it to meet our specific needs.

Diane
  • Industry: Law Practice

Amazing, organized and completely simple. Even the transition from our old system was...

Reviewed on 22/5/2017

Pros

Customized and user friendly. So easy to teach new users, so many shortcuts and completely organized. I love it!

Donald
  • Industry: Banking

Easy to implement and use. We were up and running in a very reasonable time frame.

Reviewed on 7/9/2017

Improved efficiency and better document management.

Improved efficiency and better document management.

Pros

The system is user friendly and easy to learn. It has helped improve our efficiency in handling the accounts payable function by eliminating the need to move paper documents. It has also replaced paper document storage with imaged files which are much easier to work with both from a storage aspect as well as a research aspect.

Cons

At this point we have not had any issues with the system performance or capabilities. It is providing what we need for this function.

Whitney

Safe and Secured

Reviewed on 19/12/2023

Pros

I really like how Docuware works together with the other software's used to store documents for everything. Also, like how I can put any location and look up the information needed for the store/tenant. Once you understand how to use Docuware it is easily used and able to locate the information need.

Cons

The thing I like the least with Docuware is learning how to use the program. I have slowly taught myself how to navigate the program but I believe a lot of people are scared to use it because it can be confusing to learn how to navigate.

Denise

Good.

Reviewed on 22/5/2017

Pros

Functionality is great - makes searching for documents easy and easily and. Cloud based makes accessibility easier

Cons

Uploading documents and sorting are time consuming and difficult to get it done easily and effectively.

Richard

Easy to use document management software

Reviewed on 5/2/2016

One of our original purposes in implementing DocuWare was to make our move to a new building easier and move toward a paperless office. That was accomplished, but the real benefit we've seen is DocuWare's flexibility which allows each of our departments to use the software in very different ways expanding charitable income and helping us reach out goals.

David

Seriously Great Document Management Software

Reviewed on 12/5/2015

Really impressed by DocuWare. Year on year the software has improved and now represents simply amazing value for money. We looked at many systems closely but DocuWare proved to offer the best functionality vs cost.

Aleksander J.