Enterprise content management solution

4.3 /5 (58 reviews) Write a Review!

Stephen B.
  • Industry: Design

Reviewed on 20/3/2019

My overall experience with OnBase has been excellent. I don't know what I would do without it as far as keeping me organized. I recommend this software to anyone that has countless PDFs they need to keep a record of and have the option of retrieving at any given moment.

Pros

OnBase is excellent for keeping copies of all my client's purchase orders in one place. The layout is user friendly and very simple to use. I mainly use it to keep track of countless numbers of PDFs I have on file. Once imported in to OnBase, I am able to retrieve those files with a simple search. It's been a lifesaver for keeping me organized.

Cons

The only issue I have with OnBase is a minor annoyance. When I am importing documents, I am not able to drag and drop multiple files at a time. If I have 10 files to import, then I have to do 10 separate imports for each. Other than that, I do not have any complaints.

• Industry: Insurance

Storing files and documents

Reviewed on 23/2/2021

It’s good overall. Helps with my daily duties and that’s it. Anything more would be for the backend user

Pros

Like how you can store all your files and documents in one spot with ease
Easy to retrieve information and documents
Integration with outlook to make it easier

Cons

The text is weird sometimes as to how it saves a document, not very helpful to have to change it every time you save a document
It gets complicated to use sometimes

William A.

Been working with this vendor and software for 3 years to develop solutions for customers at...

Reviewed on 9/1/2018

Pros

Onbase is truly an ECM software that can capture all of a companies business processes. From AP, and AR, to HR and even healthcare solutions, Onbase has features and functionality that allows for a wide array of solutions and configurations. Simple back-end for managers and administrators, as well as a good UI for end-users.

Cons

The wide range of configuration options and features means it takes years to learn all the capabilities of the software. Onbase support is often times unhelpful for more complicated configurations and network dependencies, often taking days/weeks to resolve more complicated issues.

Great for Case Management

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

I would definitely think that OnBase would be a useful tool for any healthcare facility that needs to verify health insurance of patients or needs to make claims.

Pros

OnBase is a great and easy tool to use for patient case management. As someone who is often responsible for verifying the health insurance of patients, I need to create caseloads on OnBase. Through doing this, it is easy to manage and track the different steps of the insurance verification, insurance claims, and billing through OnBase. What I like the most about this software definitely has to be how it streamlines this process.

Cons

There is definitely a bit of a learning curve for those who are using this for the first time. I think that most tools used in medical settings tend to be somewhat complex to navigate around and this is no different.

Amy G.
  • Industry: Insurance

User friendly

Reviewed on 17/9/2019

I use this as part of a carrier page to search for and retrieve documents, so far this have been great software. I like that the documents are all compartmentalized so you can search by the type of document.

Pros

This software is easy to use and fairly user friendly. I like that the software seems to be very literal.

Cons

Sometimes the software freezes up or give you the infamous 'circle of death' while it attempts to pull up the document - however this could be unrelated to the actual software and more of a computer issue.

• Industry: Government Relations

The Ferrari of content management

Reviewed on 18/9/2018

Pros

Excellent content manager, excellent as a bpm, you can get the Mix with other systems (dynamics, outlook, your core software) and it woks perfectly

Cons

It’s expensive! But every cents worth it

OnBase For the Office

Reviewed on 1/11/2018

OnBase is very useful, and is incredibly important to our office. The interface is a bit clunky, and the software crashes. Other than that, it's a good product.

Pros

It's comparable with the database software we use. A simple data entry screen allows the user to easily enter the information that is needed. In a matter of seconds, your documents are saved.

Cons

Too frequently, the software crashes and does not work. More than twice in the last 3 months the software crashed and we were not able to see our documents for a few business days. Customer service was helpful, but the problem took a while to fix.

Deb W.
  • Industry: International Affairs

Solid content management software

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

OnBase serves a great value as a way to store documents for my organization.

Pros

OnBase is straightforward. The learning curve is not steep. It's easy to find content you've uploaded. There are a lot of customization options.

Cons

I use this software daily, and about once every 15 days it just does not let me upload documents. Fortunately, I can wait a day and then it works again usually, but I can't count on it to be 100% reliable.

Ted X.
  • Industry: Government Administration

This is the best document management solution.

Reviewed on 24/5/2018

Pros

This product has lots of features and functionalities. My favorite modules are: 1. Workflow. We can use this module to streamline our document distribution process. 2. Document Import Process. We can use this module to do bulk import.

Cons

The product is somewhat expensive. You need to purchase individual modules if you need more functionalities. The training classes are not cheap either.

My Accounting Partner

Reviewed on 27/9/2018

Pros

First of all its a straight forward set up which is very easy to use and i personally happy with its UI.

We can back up all the transactions and invoice generated or sale-purchase orders.

Electronic documentation is done with this software.

Cons

I just say its very expensive but worth for every single pie.

And good things are always worthy.

Aaron C.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Efficient Invoicing

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

Been gradually liking the program with use. It does what it suppose to do.

Pros

The program has made approving invoicing more efficient. No more exchanging emails to get approvals.

Cons

Very big learning curve to understand program features and uses. When an invoice is rejected the reason is not sent back.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy to pick up and learn!

Reviewed on 26/3/2019

Extremely user friendly and easy to work with. We have been able to run with PowerBI without having to do extensive training, and has boosted our productivity and analytics insights

Pros

There are tons of connectors and interoperability features. That plus the fact the system is so easy to use!

Cons

It does come with a cost that could be hard to swallow for some, but it is so worth it!

Randy Z.

OnBase has gone downhill

Reviewed on 25/7/2018

Pros

all in one document and workflow management software, but the pros end there.
OnBase 13 was great, OnBase 17 not so much

Cons

we upgraded from OnBase 13 to OnBase 17 and let me tell you it is a disaster. OnBase 17 is slower substantially in every category. We are using a click once install, now it has to check the server every time you open, word, or excel, outlook or even OnBase itself for a new version, which sounds great, but this can take 30-45 seconds EVERYTIME you want to open a document. Switching from inbox to related items is very slow, 6-10 seconds, which doesn't seem like a lot, but over the course of a day where you do this 70 times, well you do the math for wasted productivity. And then there is the Random errors that constantly come up on a users system that has worked just fine for months, but there is no solution to that either. Hyland support is virtually non existent, their only solutions are run this software utility that they have. Nothing is ever resolved, they just keep "kicking the can down the road", or tell us to update to version 18. sorry after this disaster our next upgrade will be to something else. Our business users are screaming to go back to version 13.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Our organization utilizes OnBase for our invoicing, approvals, and T/E, which serves us very...

Reviewed on 19/7/2018

OnBase allows our organization to swiftly process invoices, approvals, T/E reimbursements, and house all backup data for transactions. The software is very user friendly and would be an asset to any organization looking to upgrade their Accounts Payable department.

Pros

OnBase is a great software to utilize when wanting a virtual database that can easily be accessed and used by users of all experience levels. The software does an excellent job in communicating with other programs, which allows our organization to have the peace of mind our financial system is correct.

Cons

The only con I have at this time is a few options, such as the print option, are not as easily accessible as previous options. It would be great to have the CNTRL-P option to print again.

Phillip V.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Complex and Complete. Quick ROI

Reviewed on 11/12/2016

I am an application administrator, working to improve business functions and reduce process costs with OnBase.

Pros

This software is complex!! It allows you to do a myriad of things all in the name of streamline your workflow.

Cons

This software is complex! It takes time to grow comfortable in managing it. There are so many companion apps necessary to be successful that it can be costly.

Matthew L.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Good database software but has its quirks

Reviewed on 15/5/2019

Pros

OnBase is used at my workplace to organize tons of files and documents which is useful not only for accessing my own team's files but also to access other team's files if necessary.

Cons

The layout of the software tools isn't the most intuitive or accessible. For instance, printing a document isn't so easy as CTRL+P; there's a few clicks you have to do to print.

Nick C.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Not the easiest system to setup and use.

Reviewed on 4/10/2017

Able to digitize documents and attach them to electronic patient records

Pros

Integrates into our Allscripts system, excellent communication with technical lead for setup with in depth fault finding

Cons

Scripted installation not the simplest, and some issues with compatibility with existing .net versions initially.

Krysti L.

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 9/8/2018

Pros

I like how you have all documents link together so when you search a name, everything pulls up.

Cons

I don’t like that we don’t have the ability to have a workflow or a way to send documents to other departments. If there is that ability , it should be standard for universities.

Onbase is extremely versatile, but it takes time to learn the software and what it is capable...

Reviewed on 1/2/2018

I use Onbase daily for my job, so I see benefits in streamlining and automating process through workflow which save me thousands of hours a year.

Pros

It's unique, extremely versatile, and has thousands of integration's. It's extremely useful for a lot of different purposes. Specifically I've used this for document management. It has numerous options for user administration, which is helpful. There are modules for just about everything you can think of, and most are well-made and do their job.

Cons

There is a steep learning curve to Onbase. The software licensing is not always cheap or ideal, and sometimes you can hit a brick wall due to unforeseen issues. Someone with a deep understanding of the software is an invaluable asset to any implementation.

• Industry: Design

Reviewed on 17/9/2018

Pros

I enjoy OnBase for its straightforward easy to use setup. I am able to import my customer's purchase orders and bill of materials in OnBase in seconds. This then gives me the ability to pull them up at any given time by the purchase order or sales order. When talking to my clients, I am able to refer back to their documents quickly by using OnBase.

Cons

My biggest issue with OnBase is when importing PDF files, you are not able to drag and drop more than one file at a time. Sometime I am needing to import several related documents at the same time but have to take the time to import each file one by one. Having the option to import an entire folder or more that file at a time would be a huge time saver.

Bonnie M.

Reviewed on 5/10/2018

We were lucky to have been using OnBase for our document storage system, not every school in the district chose to use OnBase like we did. Being able to transfer the scanned documents from OnBase into our previous database system was different at first, but we quickly caught on how to use it. Recently the district switched to a new application system only to find that they can't upload documents directly into it. When it was announced that all schools would need to use OnBase we are happy, as we are already ahead of everyone else! Our transition to the new software has been almost seamless.

Pros

OnBase allows us to securely store and safely access student records easily.

Cons

When I first started using OnBase i had the older version (looked like an old DOS or mainframe system), and it was hard to sometimes locate student records, and/or see if there were more levels (additional documents) for the same student. But once I switched to the newer version I was able to easily see much more and drill down when a single student had more than one document scanned into OnBase.

Tiffany O.

Great content management

Reviewed on 25/5/2018

Pros

I like how all our documents can be scanned and saved on the system which gives me access to pretty much any document at any time. It's easy to search for documents as well using the different filters.

Cons

Nothing. It works great and is desktop based so it's very reliable. I suppose if you have a lot of documents saved in the system it can take a bit longer to filter at times.

Joshua L.
  • Industry: Public Relations & Communications

Does a lot but takes some getting used to

Reviewed on 12/10/2017

It allowed us to save and keep documents in a central location.

Pros

The software does what it does well. Documents can be viewed and it allows complex hierarchies. It just work, doesn't seem to have bugs or problems.

Cons

It's a bit difficult to use, takes a bit of a learning curve. And this is nitpicky, but it's not really a beautiful piece of software. It looks kind of outdated.

• Used Monthly for 1+ year

Good document management and archiving software

Reviewed on 26/4/2019

We needed to replace our document management system that was outdated and no longer being supported. OnBase was a good solution for migrating our existing documents, data and indexing information. It took some effort to get this migrated and set up, but is now working very well with few issues or problems.

Pros

OnBase is fairly easy to use for our end users as long as they remember that they need to index accurately and give good data for each document/file they upload to OnBase so it can be found easily at a later time. In other words, it works great as long as you know how to use it! Documents are easily categorized and indexed for archiving of public records that need to be stored for years to come.

Cons

The public web interface is very limited in what it can do for our public users. I am hoping for an improvement in a new version update.

Candace E.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

OnBase is a great CMS tool!

Reviewed on 22/4/2018

The benefits of using OnBase software include having access to a great content management tool. Other benefits of using OnBase client include easy file storage management system to learn. Additional benefits of using OnBase include secured file management storage with limited user access. More benefits of using OnBase client include great archival options for outdated files. Overall, OnBase reduces the amount of paper being transferred from location to location depending on the size of your company.

Pros

OnBase is a great content management tool. OnBase interfaces with a web client provided by the company. OnBase offers a database storage for customers and clients to manage documents in various file types. OnBase communicates with an application server and database disk groups. OnBase has three knowledge panels accompanied with a search function and display console.

Cons

Outdated software such as enterprise software may cause the communication or interfacing of OnBase to fail. Thus file syncing may be affected due to the lag in progressive updates. Functions may differ depending on the version type of download. Limited ways to flag documents. Application may crash or freeze while working within the client.