Workday Financial

Fresh approach to financial management

4.3 /5 (42 reviews) Write a Review!
4.3
4.3
4.4
4.5
Rachel S.

Workday Review

Reviewed on 29/10/2018

I use workday to keep track of all my important company information. Overall I would say it's a good platform, but it needs some updating to make it more user friendly. Epically the time and absence widgets. I'm not a huge fan of how this program functions.

Pros

I like being able to access my personal information, my performance, my time, my benefits, etc. all in one location.

Cons

I don't like how difficult it is to track my time. We have a lock out every week and it is difficult to keep track of the hours I work. I usually have to write them down on a sticky note and transfer them back in once the lock out is over. Very inconvenient. I also don't like how I have to go to a different screen to include my absences like PTO or Maternity leave. It's been somewhat of a mess trying to keep track of al my hours and benefits.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Walker E.
Industry: Airlines/Aviation

Most Intuitive Yet

Reviewed on 30/12/2019

Workday has been the most enjoyable experience in my career. Nobody likes to fiddle around with software that looks outdated and glitchy when they’re dealing with their paycheck.

Pros

This has been the most intuitive software for entering payroll information and altering personal information for payroll as well. We’ve never had an issue with Workday and plan on using it forever!

Cons

The only difficult thing to figure out is how many hours you have for the week. Sometimes when you have holiday hours or vacation hours it’s hard to tell how many hours you actually have for the week without submitting it.

Excellent, I can have all the analysis of my management in a single financial management system.

Reviewed on 13/4/2018

Allows me to register new levels of financial efficiency and business performance with Workday accounting software, I could quickly respond to anomalies as they happen with reports and in-memory accounting, I could manage all activity with configurable business processes. A great benefit is that I have accomplished to change proactively to internal and external changes without IT resources or costly customizations.

Pros

I like most is that it gives me the possibility of having all the analysis of my management in a single financial management system. I find it interesting that it helps me to lead strategic planning and find the best ways for the profitability of my new business.

Cons

I'm practically new using the tool, but I think it would be useful to include the possibility of including the initial data of the company and predict its productivity in the short term.

Kelli T.

Workaround

Reviewed on 3/11/2016

When we initially started using this product it was very cumbersome. It improved some of our old processes but then seemed to make other worse. It has either gotten better or we have just gotten use to it. We have also had some issues with invoices getting lost in the system and had to recreate them in order to get them to process. They recently changed the requisition creation and it is not clear what the end user needs to do once they enter a line item. Overall I like the product but I feel it could still be improved. We just started using the HR function this week and so far I like what I see.

Pros

The reporting capabilities and the ability to drill down in functions to get to the info you need.

Cons

Not always user friendly. The error notes are not very helpful in pointing you to the specific line that has an issue.

Libby M.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Simple product

Reviewed on 19/11/2019

Great tracking tool for a business that has multiple roles/jobs that are salaries, hourly, and contracted.

Pros

Easy to use and simple product. Does the necessary work and training isn’t necessary bc tool is intuitive.

Cons

Doesn’t have bells and whistles and doesn’t make sense to add on because of the support you get from the basic package.

Kellie H.
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Workday is an easy-to-use software that keeps everything in one place

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 30/9/2019

I am very satisfied with the use of workday in our company.

Pros

It's easy to understand, and I do not have trouble finding what I need it. It is simple to use and effeicent for our personal management needs.

Cons

Requesting absences is not often a smooth process. There are often errors that pop up that are not accurate.

Industry: Education Management

Excellent Financial Tool

Reviewed on 9/9/2020

My overall experience in Workday was fantastic. I would recommend it to everyone.

Pros

I love the aesthetics and the ease of use. I am not a lover of numbers but Workday made it almost seem fun to do my accounts through here. It's easy to use, to track your finances and make changes when needed. There is no fuss, no hiccups, just easy and almost fun to use because it works smoothly.

Cons

Nothing. I can't think of anything to help improve this system. I love it.

Amy rose G.
Industry: Information Technology & Services

Amazing, Unlike Any Other

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 10/1/2018

Pros

- Easy to use
- Mobility
- Analytics
- Dashboards
- Reporting
- Extremely Self Serving
- Amazing Ecosystem

Matthew B.
Industry: Computer Software

Rating only

Reviewed on 15/12/2016

Industry: Warehousing

Very awesome service

Reviewed on 23/11/2019

Well it helps me get my payslip even faster than waiting in line it helps me request time off if I want to so when it comes to flexibility this is the right app for work and software

Pros

I like this software because it shows me my payslips my schedules my time off pretty much everything I need from work

Cons

The only thing I cannot do on the app is set up my health insurance with the company I work for but other than that I can do pretty much anything through the software in the app

Gurvinder S.
Industry: Biotechnology
Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Rating only

Reviewed on 7/1/2018
Industry: Automotive

User friendly interface

Reviewed on 15/8/2018

Workday Financials gave us much needed reporting capabilities that we weren't getting from other software. The fact that it integrates with our HRM system makes it easier to drill into certain data sets. Adding attachments to invoices and journal entries has essentially turned us into a paperless office.

Pros

Workday Financials is user friendly and has some great reporting capabilities. The interface looks fresh and it's easy to navigate. Each new release adds additional utility. The Workday Community is a great tool to post ideas and get real world advice from other companies experiencing the same issues.

Cons

Workday runs slow sometimes, especially on days when we're loading payroll and there's a lot of data going through the system. Sometimes Workday gives cryptic and seemingly random error messages.

Sasha B.
Industry: Retail
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Not completely bad, but not user friendly.

Reviewed on 10/4/2020

I use it mainly to look at my check stubs, but it does that quite well.

Pros

I like that once you figure it out it's simple to use, and make it easy to access your information.

Cons

It's not too user friendly when you first start using it. It definitely takes some getting used to.

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Tiffany Y.
Industry: Accounting

Your usual financial software

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

Okay overall, don’t really see anything outstanding compared to other financial softwares

Pros

Allows user to save particular reports for easy access in the future, especially great if you need recurring reports.

Cons

There should be some sort of a filter feature. I find it troublesome when looking up vendor in the search bar, but unable to refine by cost center or BU without going through pulling the ledger entries.

Industry: Higher Education
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Workday is not for every business

Reviewed on 18/9/2018

My overall experience with Workday is sometimes frustrating since I cannot get the reports I need to do my job. I work with the filing of 1099s for all the vendors and it's impossible to run reports with the information I need in order to report accurately to the IRS.

Pros

Workday enables businesses to view all their financials in just a few clicks.

Cons

Usually when a report is exported to excel, it's hard to view since the columns contain information that are irrelevant and need to be hidden.

Kristy E.

Workday Review

Reviewed on 17/11/2016

I find it easy to use and navigate through. We are just getting some of the new features so I am not sure about it as a whole package yet, but so far, the accounting piece is very good.

Karla C.
Industry: Financial Services
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Very practical and easy to use.

Reviewed on 9/7/2020

It's a great product and gets the job done.

Pros

I love how user friendly it is. You can find anything and everything with ease.

Cons

Can't think of any major complaints besides the goal setting portion which is hard to walk thru.

Minela K.
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

Best system for the workplace

Reviewed on 4/12/2018

I keep a track of everything work related on workday. It is my starting and end point

Pros

Workday is all encompassing. From accessing my pay slips to tracking my career and goal development to managing my time, it takes care of everything in one Swift go. Incredibly user friendly

Cons

There are no cons that I have encountered

Vanessa M.

It is a little bit difficult to use at the beginning.

Reviewed on 8/2/2018

Pros

It has a very simple interface. Reports and features can get customized by ITS on demand. There is an app you can use on your phone with all the working features.

Cons

It contains no tools for project management other than the accounting of available budget, obligations and actuals. Some terms do not reflect the correct accounting, finance, and projext management industries.

Industry: Financial Services

Aged tool

Reviewed on 27/8/2018

Pros

it does the job at the end of the day and you can structure the tabs easily.

Cons

The look is very much aged and basic. A bit of a face lift would help the user experience.

Likelihood to recommend: 3.0/10

Shivankar D.
Industry: Accounting

It's easy going and definately a must for your organisation.

Used Other for 1-5 months
Reviewed on 7/5/2019

Workday community the best part where you put up issues and get advice from organisation experiencing similar problems. Also to integrate it with other organisational needs like HRM helps report some really important organisational data.

Pros

Easy to use, full coverage of organisational accounting needs.Financial reporting has beend made easier like never before. Helps you manage inventory, reporting and financials of your organisation.

Cons

Random error messages and runs slow at times.

Industry: Computer Software

Best Human Capital Management App

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 9/3/2018

Pros

User of Workday, this could not be an easier way for a non stop shop for payroll/tax info, managing benefits and my calendar with time off.

Cons

Only con that I do not understand is in the iOS app every time you need to view your actual pay stub you need to 'generate' a PDF which takes ~5 seconds.

Industry: Education Management

Workday's Financial Solution

Reviewed on 23/7/2019

Pros

We currently have Workday HCM and it integrates seamlessly with their other product which saves our financial department tons of time.

Cons

Implementation of the software took a better part of the year and needed a third party to help setup the system.

Hemant K.

One tool to provide all finance related detail.

Reviewed on 13/4/2017

It provides complete transnational efficiency and control. Very good tool for accounting, consolidation, planning, procurement, projects, reporting, and analytics.

Industry: Sports

Workday for Office Life

Reviewed on 9/4/2020

We love workday. It is so simple and really streamlines the work process between employees and employers.

Pros

I enjoy that all of our employees use workday and it makes it very simple to approve their time, as opposed to having to check time cards or check into another account. You can do everything from Workday, enter your time, ask for time off, track employees time, send employee messages, check your pay stubs, see your benefits, and lots more.

Cons

I don' think there are really any cons! It is very simple to use, and is easy to access from a phone as well.