Accelo

Automation software for all Professional Service Businesses

4.5 /5 (139 reviews) Write a Review!

Susie S.

Game Changer for our Professional Services Company

Reviewed on 12/2/2020

The implementation support was excellent. They really worked with us to configure Accelo to meet our business needs. The tool meets 90-95% of our needs, and they continue to improve upon it. Their support team is one of the best we have seen (we have used many products over the years).

Pros

Accelo provides a CRM, sales funnel, statements of work (quoting), active work (projects and ongoing), time tracking and invoicing -- all in one fully integrated platform. The tool is quite user-friendly if set up properly for your business.

Cons

The integration with QuickBooks Online needs some additional features.

Amel M.

Teamwork and report

Reviewed on 17/7/2019

Pros

It's the perfect app for teamwork, log your time, make a report and to let you know where the project is heading.
Easy tracking of the project and who is working on it.

Cons

It's not that easy to set at first.
You need to be careful when you tracking you.
The reports are not very easy to read and you cannot have them in pdf.
You have to report the exact time that you were working on each task.
Unfortunately, as sometimes I am doing many tasks at the same time its not really realistic for me to track the exact time.

Response from Accelo

Thanks for your feedback, Amel! I'm hoping that the work we're doing on with reporting right now will be something you find a lot of value from!

Tom B.

Task management
Utilisation
Transparency for clients
Cost management

Pros

We are able to fully process our business with the detailed project plans, scheduling and capacity tracking which gives us very detailed and accurate forecasting for capacities.

The whole business now trusts the reliability of the system and the data in it so much that we report daily on the state of play with task management and capacities to move resources around which helps us deliver work quicker for our clients.

We are forecasting for hiring new resources based on the system data, conducting price reviews and making lots and lots of continuous process tweaks with the confidence that Accelo is our living process documentation via the templates.

Also, with the detail in the project plans is something we are able to leverage in the sales process to show prospects we have robust processes that will ensure the best quality content creation.

Cons

There are still some more features we would love to see in the future which would help us automate more and reduce admin but the revamp on the community ideas page gives great confidence to everyone at Digital 22 that if it will benefit enough people then there is a good chance we will see these and more great updates in the near future.

Valentina B.

Flexible, customisable, easy to use

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

Business clarity on tasks and requirements and deadlines are definitely my favourite. I love the platform a lot, but as a small business (1st year of operation), it's by far my biggest expense after rent (and not much between the two figures). Perhaps my set up isn't correct with user admins, but the #1 priority is for timesheets, and for that, everyone seems to need the most expensive option. Honestly, I'm at a point where I have to review other platforms because of the cost, but I really don't want to because I do honestly believe in what Accelo can do and if using all the right features, I know will be integral for the business to grow.

Pros

I love that I don't have to teach my team to use Accelo, they get their login and they are away.

The scheduling tool appears really powerful to streamline the use of studio production.

Love the task management and budget flow, it really is the most comprehensive platform I've used and I've tried quite a few before investing in Accelo.

Cons

The charge per user, when some of my users are just timesheeting and not much else. For a monthly cost, it can build quite quickly with part timers and freelancers involved in the business.

I find the PDF of templates a bit clunky, whilst they can look great on the screen, they don't always PDF accurately.

Biggest bug bear is the inflexibility with proposals to show a weekly cost, one off cost, monthly cost or annual cost. It seems to calculate and bundle as one. This would be a good game changer to have these options sorted out.

• Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Wildly underrated email integration and excellent business process automation

Reviewed on 5/2/2019

Accelo customer service is excellent. They are very responsive, quick to fix any issues that arise, and are always working on improvements and new features.

Pros

The email integration is fantastic, allowing for automatic email capture from all of our team, customers, and suppliers while simultaneously addressing the need for privacy controls in that solution. Most other solutions require the team to manually interact to add those interactions and, well, that just doesn't happen. I don't think Accelo touts that functionality nearly as much as they should.

The ability to automate our business processes is a tremendous value as well. Consistency, minimizing mistakes, and reducing training time of new employees are critical factors for our success and this type of automation has proven to be worth the effort it takes to set it up correctly.

Cons

The target market for Accelo is primarily agencies/service-based companies that invoice time and materials. We are an Electronics Manufacturing company and as such, there are many aspects of Accelo that aren't highly applicable in our environment (though we've been surprised on how we've been able to tailor it suit our needs!). With that, there are many features that just don't apply.

Christian M.

Amazing CRM and Project Management Tool for your small or midsize biz

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

At the same time this online tool comes out of the box ready to run and play, it also allows you and your business to customize the workflows and projects skeletons to shape to your business requirements... Zero coding programing... everything is very intuitive, visual and helps you manage and delegate the entire process since the moment the client/customer knocks the door to approving and billing. It's helping my business grow and helping create accountability across our teams and employees.

Pros

At the same time this online tool comes out of the box ready to run and play, it also allows you and your business to customize the workflows and projects skeletons to shape to your business... Zero Programing with Coding.. everything is very intuitive, visual and helps you manage and delegate the entire process since the moment the client/customer knocks the door to approving and billing. It's helping my business grow and helping create accountability across our teams and employees.

Cons

needs improvement in mobile app. need to provide better training on setting up when starting from scratch, even after paying for the full initial setup package.. still needed to invest internal time to personalize the tool to our requirements

Beware of what you're getting into

Reviewed on 3/11/2017

Pros

The tool is very powerful. It has a lot of features that allow you to do time tracking, project management, client communication, invoicing and much more. I think because it is trying to be so many things, it is lacking in most all of those areas and the user experience and overall feature set is quite cumbersome and falls below expectations for the money.

Cons

The tool is overly complicated and lacks what you would consider basic features in so many ways. Our team of 8 people spent over 200 hours learning the tool and we are still learning and still frustrated weekly. They try to say that you can make the tool do about anything you want, but doing even the basics requires a tremendous amount of time. Things that should take 30 seconds often take multiple minutes. The system loads pages so slowly that it's not uncommon to watch the wheel spin for 30+ seconds which seems like an eternity when you are trying to work. I would not purchase the tool again and I would not recommend it to others unless you have a full time staff of IT or super users who will do nothing but manage the tool.

Response from Accelo

Hi there,

I'm sorry to hear that you have had a negative experience with Accelo so far. We offer support via email or over the phone, we are happy to offer any help needed in configuring Accelo to best fit your needs.

Feel free to reach out to us: [email protected]

Sarah C.

Best all-rounder for service agencies

Reviewed on 6/2/2019

Using Accelo as a solo web developer I've saved money on separate tools, and can present a professional looking approach to my clients. I can also take a project through steps from selling the idea, producing, building and invoicing for it in one system.

Pros

I love that Accelo integrates sales, projects, tickets, time tracking and invoicing. It feels like there's a place for everything and everything is connected.

Cons

There are a lot of rough edges, both poor UI choices and pieces that don't quite have the functionality expected. I get it, its a big system and it's hard for that to be elegant – but I wish they'd spend more time trying.

Shawna P.

TimeEntry/Expenses/Invoicing

Reviewed on 12/9/2017

Pros

Though we don't use all of the features we do use it for several key functions including TimeEntry - Expense reporting - Invoicing etc. Nice to have one system to avoid numerous integration points, and reduce redundant data entry. For a small company we found it cost effective in comparison to others and keeps everything in one organized spot for increased productivity.

Cons

Can be a bit touchy with removing users. Removing a user shouldn't delete them from ever existing in the history. Know what you're doing-take advantage of their training.

Sara B.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Great experience, but a bit over our budget

Reviewed on 25/5/2017

Pros

Accelo has a lot of modules, likely more than you need, but that's good because it can grow with you. I like the new projects module and how the project overview dashboard can help a lot with project planning. It is very fast and easy to add time to tasks and milestones. I also appreciate the estimates function and how easy it is to turn an estimate into a project. I think Accelo makes it much easier to keep your projects on budget.

Cons

I felt a bit overwhelmed with Accelo because of all the tabs, features and buttons. I think they cleaned it up a bit recently but I still feel it is a bit more cluttered than other softwares. The price is also quite a bit more than some of their competitors.

Response from Accelo

Hi Sara,

I appreciate your feedback! I'll make sure to relay these issues to our product team.

Kind regards,

Ian W.

Accello

Reviewed on 6/2/2019

Accelo is an excellent ticket and project system, especially for a company that manages many clients. It has a bit of a learning curve, but once you get used to it it becomes second nature.

Pros

Accelo has a really robust ticket system which automatically emails those involved with the ticket when a change is made. It is excellent for managing projects that involve multiple people. Accelo can also send out reminder emails that a task is waiting for more information.

Cons

There are some buttons and functions that don't have clear explanations. When it comes to filtering tickets there are so many options it it really easy to include so few that you don't get useful results, or you can include so many there are no results at all. Some drop down menus are also very quick to snap shut if your cursor wanders a bit.

Prayank K.

Use of Accelo

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

The overall experience is great and the functionality to manage all the different functions/areas in one application is amazing.
The integrated environment makes it easy to use and track things which otherwise becomes difficult in island systems.
Except for reporting, I think it is a great tool to use and manage all the different areas.

Pros

1. It has lots of features that are available
2. Love the product as it allows to manage customers, projects, contracts, finances and time management in the same application
3. Great list of features in each of this areas to manage them
4. Google Calendar integration for time tracking is fantastic
5. Very user friendly

Cons

1. Integrations with PowerBI are very limiting
2. There is no reporting available for customer/support insights
3. Slow load times for Support

Colin S.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Very good solution for all in one CRM and PSA

Reviewed on 26/4/2017

Pros

The best part about Accelo is the across the board integration. We always struggled with a) getting everyone on the same page and b) having info in far too many places. Getting everything in one system has been huge.

Cons

The reporting is probably the weakest point right now, for us at least. There is basic dashboard reporting (and VERY good excel exports) but its not customizable very much at all.

Mark J.

Great tool!

Reviewed on 20/3/2018

Pros

Accelo is an excellent tool for project management, planning, tracking. The dashboard options allow us to plan our day accordingly, it have helped me with greater efficiency. Deadline dashboard, one of the best feature.

Cons

Implementing the software for your project isn't easy, therefore assistance is needed, therefore the accelo team was able to help us with that.

Nathan B.

Accelo Review

Reviewed on 17/12/2018

I have been very pleased with Accelo overall with the timely fashion of bug fixes, new developments and the amount of options they provide. Look forward to continuing to work with them.

Pros

I love how Accelo ties into my every day work load by bringing my gmail, calendar and tasks into Accelo and let me track things from one location. I can track so much more in Accelo then I ever could in our past MSP solution ticket system. Love the support and bug fixing timeline.

Cons

Biggest issue is we are not able to track passwords in this systems. Being an MSP solution we have thousands of assets and many per company. We would like to see a system in place for that. More asset options to track per asset and tie into tickets.

Patrick C.

Easy to use, highly configurable for work processes

Reviewed on 18/12/2018

We have been able to accurately generate billing for monthly as well as hourly work -- with the work done quantified to the customer on their statement. So it has allowed us to show the value that we add to our customers as well as bill them appropriately for the work that we do.

Pros

It is easy to configure for our internal and external processes. As our processes change, workflows are easily updatable. Simple, intuitive user experience.

Cons

There are a ton of application integrations available, however a larger app integration library would be useful.

Great Business Tool

Reviewed on 2/1/2019

Pros

One of the only tools available that integrates CRM, project planning and billing in one easy to use layout!

Cons

Frequent updates make getting used to the tool a bit slow. Navigation between projects/work/client can be confusing at the beginning until you get used to the lingo.

Kajal U.

Its good and eficient

Reviewed on 7/2/2019

keeping track of tasks

Pros

Its easy to use and keeps everything at one place

Cons

there are many features i would like to use but dont know how to use it

Dave J.

Excellent tool for a Marketing Agency looking to get hold of productivity

Reviewed on 2/11/2016

Before we used Accelo, time spent on work was gathered via a rather ugly Outlook task list workaround, which was neither practical nor scaleable. Accelo's project and retainer scheduling functionality allows us to book-in large projects much more easily than before, and also ensures that time is tracked more accurately, allowing senior management to find true profitability of projects and marketing services. Of course there are a few elements of Accelo that could be improved, but one of the benefits of working with Accelo is that they listen to their clients. I am constantly in touch with Geoff and the team to offer ideas and help with beta testing, which makes me feel like a valued customer.

Excellent app

Reviewed on 9/1/2018

Pros

I use this to keep track of tasks I need to complete monthly for my bookkeeping clients. I also love that it has built timers and will invoice for the time through accelo or it will send the invoice to accounting software.

Cons

The projects need to be created each month but you can set up templates to speed this up. Would like it if the retainer automatically created a new project each time it renews.

Andrew L.

Accelo Project Mgmt Review

Reviewed on 8/2/2019

Overall positive, helped keep us very productive, will continue to use it happily

Pros

- Good for keeping us on task
- Efficient, easy
- Timers are really effective and intuitive

Cons

- I find it difficult relocating tasks
- So many screens; I feel like the task screens, my schedule are basically the same things repackaged

Maya C.
  • Industry: Government Administration

A great tool for project management and hour tracking

Reviewed on 19/12/2018

Pros

It's easy to search for different projects for inputting hours. It provides an easy to read overview of the hours I worked this week as well as an easy to read dashboard for a general overview for each projects status (including contract start and end dates, hours left on the contract, how much of a contract has been used, etc.)

Cons

I do wish it was easier to relocate hours to different projects or when hours are input into different dates. It can take more time than necessary to fix when a full day of hours are input incorrectly.

Liv N.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Flexible and intuitive CRM / PSA

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

Accelo has been a great solution for our company - we replaced our old CRM that was integrated into Outlook (but nothing else!), and have found Accelo has many functions that go beyond what we were expecting from a CRM system. We haven't had any major issues so far! The amount of flexibility / customisation available in Accelo has been just right for our business.

Brendon O.

Reviewed on 4/11/2015

Amitaf D.

A truly all in one business web application

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

Accelo brings all the tools we need to run our business under one umbrella. We can see and be aware of everything that is going on right within Accelo. We wish it had a KB (Knowledge Base) system built in into the system.