Caspio

Build online database applications without coding.

4.5/5
4.4/5
4.3/5
4.5/5

Quinn S.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Grows with you

Reviewed on 12/5/2020

I would say that one of the best things about working with Caspio is the drag and drop builder as well as their support staff.

Pros

Our company was looking for software that would enable us to launch clean, professional looking website features quickly. Caspio offers a fairly simple used interface that allow rapid development of new ideas and their features are well rounded. They have some of the best support staff around.

Cons

Some of the features we need are only offered on costly plans.

Airtable

Reasons for Choosing Caspio

We needed a quick build system with a lower price tag.

Quickbase

Reasons for Switching to Caspio

We actually tag team our products between Caspio and Ragic. Caspio offers the fancy and professional features we need while Ragic offers the "Excel Like" structure of rapid development.
Trenton F.
  • Industry: Machinery

Customized Data Reports

Reviewed on 26/5/2020

We were able to work with the project management team to build a productivity, waste, and uptime reporting tool that streamlined our process and cut many labor hours out of each week.

Pros

The software is web based, so you can reach it anywhere.

Cons

If internet is down, the software is not usable.

Anthony M.

Great product, expensive for what you can do.

Reviewed on 11/6/2017

Great database, you can make almost anything you want.

Pros

-It works great
-Easy to learn, takes maybe 2 weeks to learn, it's not as easy as using email but you can build very great stuff with it.
-You can almost do whatever you can think of.

Cons

With basic version, which you can do almost nothing with, 5 data pages not much, you can maybe build one useful thing or two.
-ONLY 500 MB, used it in first week trying to learn how to work with all the 5 datapages.
-Went over with 250 MB charged another amount. Really expensive.

-If you have a small company I would NOT recommend caspio, if you have a bigger company and can pay for monthly that would be great, maybe then you can outsource to a company in India also
-Basic NO unlimited support, 5 cases (which would be oke if you got more datapages and MB).
-Support is difficult because you have to explain with chatting what the problem is, try that with a database, it's just really difficult, yes you can give them permission to access your database and help you out but they don't really do it. Yes, they have a free option for 3 datapages and 250 mb which you really can't do much, in 3 days just by logging in you would have used it up). I think caspio is great but the pricing hinders them from becoming the most used online database. I do hope they lower the price in the future or just fix their pricing structure each time we have to pay it just sucks the joy out of the database. We don't mind paying but the value and the price are not in sync. I did not find a better option yet for databases, but will probably be designing our own.

Gene H.

Very Positive Experience

Reviewed on 5/10/2020

Very good value and professional team. Would highly recommend.

Pros

[SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] are awesome!

The biggest issue when working with developers is their being able to understand your vision. I was pleasantly surprised that they translated my descriptions of what I needed/wanted into a organized vision then a working system. They have patience and what would have taken months with other organizations took weeks.

Cons

I loved the product so sales was a bit too much (we can only give you this deal today) They already had me based on their team and product. Don't like pressure tactics... its the only negative experience I would say I had. That sales technique makes me feel like they think I'm stupid... Like a car lot

Maybe need more layout or color options

Siddharth G.

Excellent for every business

Reviewed on 9/6/2020

Pros

It offers everything that business need to manage users and it's very cost efficient.
It indeed help us a lot to manage the users which would take a lot of time previously for coding and all but now its all Caspio.
there are lot of tutorials available with lot of troubleshooting page and customer care is the best part over here they are very friendly and responsive.

Cons

Its best as it is i would recommend it to everyone

Cecilia W.

Best data management software on the market

Reviewed on 30/9/2020

Caspio allowed me to create an exceptionally difficult database in a matter of weeks with little custom coding. Once set up, it is a system that my clients can manage themselves.

Pros

I appreciate how easy it was to set up data access restrictions. I created 4 different portals with users of each portal only allowed access to see their particular data. Everything was also easily sortable. The cascading dropdowns ensured that only dropdowns specific for that user was available.

Cons

I do wish there were a couple of better data reporting options with more variations within the reporting options. For example, I'd like to be able to report the data on patients using different data points. Eg. I'd like to look at the number of times my patients logged in, then with a touch of a button see how many times these same patients watched a video.

Pamela C.

Caspio levels the playing field for all and opens opportunities!

Reviewed on 13/1/2017

I am not a programmer but am constantly coming up with business-solution ideas that require programming. Before discovering Caspio, I had to consider investing tens-of-thousands of dollars in programmers, only to end up with a compromised product that I could not make a small adjustment to without going through the programmers again. Additionally, I was under the contracted programmer's long timelines, and a compromised vision. As an entrepreneur, you want to control the speed at which your product is developed.

With my basic understanding of relational databases, I was able to easily navigate through Capsio and to develop a robust functioning app. When you add to that Capsio's stellar customer support and development help, my app was better than I envisioned.

Capsio has opened opportunities for new business ideas for someone like me who never imagined they would be building apps!

Great Time Saver

Reviewed on 14/5/2020

Pros

Caspio allows us easily and quickly push updates to our in-house systems. We have employees using these systems both in an office on a desktop computer and out in the field on iPads, and the ability to quickly push new content ensures that our employees are always prepared to complete their work.

Cons

There is a little bit of a learning curve with Caspio, but it's worth getting through. Once you know the way that everything works, it's easy to get started on more complex applications.

Colin H.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Focus on business software solutions and leave the area of technical infrastructure to experts

Reviewed on 20/5/2020

Over a 5 year period, my dealings with Caspio have been consistent, reliable, responsive and knowledgeable. They appear to have a stable staff retention policy on the frontline of the customer interface.

Pros

The consistency of the interface, technical support, reliability of service and ease of use.

Cons

Control of the user interface and the lack of a header / detail or parent / child database structure and reporting.

Michael W.
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

Caspio review

Reviewed on 11/8/2020

My experience with Caspio is a good one.

Pros

The best aspects of this app is the ability to quickly get an app on line or modifications to existing apps you have built.

Cons

At this time there is nothing I can really say bad about this app. I have used it for 10 years and when ever I have run into a problem their tech support is quick to help resolve it.

David T.
  • Industry: Entertainment

Excellent foundation for applications

Reviewed on 16/4/2017

After a couple of weeks of learning curve to become familiar with the terminology, we quickly configured 2 applications. The Online Live Training was the best of any product we have ever purchased. The Live Chat was responsive and always solved questions or difficulties. In fact, the support is maybe the best features of Caspio! Lots of good videos. This product saved us huge amounts of time and money in avoiding the repetitive but expensive standard traditional coding.

Pros

Ease of use and capability to do 85% of a business application. The support was just the best, and helped us with no extra charge for technical advice or suggestions. Pricing is very attractive as unlimited database size or number of end users. API Set is good.

Cons

Caspio is lacking Scheduled Tasks, so we had to use their API Set to set up some tasks external to Caspio

Manon G.

Caspio is great, with customer support like I've never seen in my 30-year career.

Reviewed on 12/5/2020

I am very satisfied with this platform. We don't have to worry about reliability, response time and having to manage the database on one server, the web pages on another.

Pros

An all-in-one system that makes it easy to import our data and present it online in a variety of ways without having to be a computer programmer to do so.

Cons

Occasionally having to use HTML code. Cannot rename virtual and HTML fields.

Scott S.

Tech Support

Reviewed on 14/2/2020

Tech support with people like [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] make the difficulties so much easier to endure and conquer. Thank you for a responsive and talented tech team.

Pros

Complete customization. Reliable storage and access.

Cons

Can be confusing to create apps and maintain data flow.

Stephen G.
  • Industry: Food Production

Amazing Tech Support

Reviewed on 27/5/2020

We are replacing a workflow that was dependent on multiple Excel sheets. All of that data is very hard to work with. With the Caspio system we are going to be able to store all of the data easily and be able to run reports.

Pros

It seems to me that the sky is the limit with this software, and that it's only limited to my own imagination. The technical support they provide is fantastic! They have a Chat session available and there is always someone there to help me. It's such a good feeling to know that I have help anytime I need it.

Cons

Getting used to the interface on how to build the programs. The one thing I would like to see improved is when building a datapage, it's very tedious to move datapage elements around. I have pages with many elements, and when I add a new one, I have to click the up arrow a lot to move it around. It would be nice if I could click and drag it.

Aidan C.
  • Industry: Automotive

Great functionality, Outstanding Support

Reviewed on 16/5/2020

Caspio is allowing me to implement a complex website that would cost about €15,000 to launch for a fraction of that cost.

Pros

It is so feature rich. I haven’t encountered one thing it can’t do as standard.

Cons

The price per month. This is the most expensive of all of the low code database platforms I’ve evaluated. However the interface and functionality won me over. Once I purchased a plan and began the build in earnest, I was blown away by the level of support available 24/7. I’ve had countless chats, a zoom call and email tickets to get my database built. Each member of the support team has been a wizard and so helpful. Well worth the extra outlay

John V.

agile working with Caspio

Reviewed on 12/6/2020

Caspio support team have been great, both at a sales and technical level. The company seems easy to do business with.

Pros

Caspio is a really useful product. Very flexible, great for prototyping and testing new ideas and then moving these into real-world production systems.

Cons

It would be nice to have more some more control over time scheduled tasks but overall the solution is comprehensive and great to innovate new ideas within our business.

Severin C.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Caspio, an amazing and useful platform that can save a lot of effort

Reviewed on 19/5/2020

Easy to learn, easy to use.
During this CODIV-19 crisis, we moved a part of our activity on line in a couple of weeks. Very useful and highly efficient product that help us a lot to work from home or from different locations.

Pros

I've had a lot of success using the Caspio platform. Thanks to their unlimited user model, it has enabled our business to grow without incurring additional monthly fees. This ability to grow without paying additional per user fees was the ultimate reason why we chose Caspio over other platforms. In addition, their platform offers intuitive point-and-click and drag-and-drop tools that allowed us to build one of our applications in just a few days. Lastly, we were able to cut the learning curve down to a half thanks to their excellent YouTube videos. They offer step-by-step video tutorials - best learning content I've seen in years.

Cons

I wish the company offered more features on the lower end and free plans.

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

There are better options

Reviewed on 28/5/2019

I can in as the 3rd administrator for forms that were developed by Caspio's professional services. The back end was unintuitive and the front end broke a few times each month

Pros

Caspio is great for simple forms and downloadable results

Cons

Whenever you need more complex functionality, Caspio becomes far more complex and difficult to use than setting up a standalone SQL instance

Response from Caspio

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We're sorry you didn't have the best experience. While many complex applications can be fully developed using Caspio's point-and-click and drag-and-drop tools, the ability to extend the platform via industry standard languages such as JavaScript, HTML, CSS and SQL opens up additional capabilities to innovate and build something truly unique. Thank you again for your feedback.

Scott K.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Caspio uts

Reviewed on 25/6/2020

Ups and downs but overall happy

Pros

Integration with WordPress, user roles, authentication system, user level authentication.

Cons

Insufficient templates for building custom CSS

Kristine C.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Best business decision this year

Reviewed on 15/9/2020

Exceptional. My company is so glad that we took the leap.

Pros

Pros: easy to use, helpful videos, live/free trainings were excellent

Cons

Cons: some of the videos are out of date

Michael Q.
  • Industry: Insurance

Amazing platform

Reviewed on 9/7/2020

Pros

User interface. The videos online are nice but are examples of older versions

Cons

The sever seems to slowdown during peak business hours

Taylor S.

Great Product but Needs More Complex Features

Reviewed on 1/6/2020

We use our custom app to track construction progress as a real estate development company. The app is okay, but we often run into issues, glitches, bugs and other problems.

Pros

I like the customer service and the development team and project manager assigned to our custom app development project.

Cons

I wish the custom app were more complex and sophisticated. We prefer to have a better looking front-end for the user and basic functions such as downloading csv. files and making the app mobile-friendly.

Yasser khalled M.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great database for keeping our patient records

Reviewed on 22/5/2020

Great experience so far. It allows us to maintain our database and help us to communicate and reach them when needed.

Pros

Caspio is a decent database system that our department use for keeping all our patients records. I like that it is very secure and provides us with all the fields directory that we need. The platform is easy to use and provide us with good insights and summary charts that help our research work.

Cons

There is nothing so far that I dislike about Caspio.

Jacob W.
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Used for 6-12 months

Easy Tool For Form Selection

Reviewed on 7/7/2020

Pros

I liked that the tool had a simple set up and allowed you to preview your forms and report set up along the way. There is a good amount of online resources that can help define each application component and improved the quality of your app and data.

Cons

The software had some limited functionality when dealing with selection forms and would not easily allow to choose between prior data points or predetermined selection lists.

Kiara M.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great

Reviewed on 13/6/2020

Great 10/10 would recommend it.

Pros

Easy to use and not to expensive either.

Cons

I don’t like a the option I have with caspio but I’ve used worst before.