Insightly

CRM for lifelong customer relationships.

3.9 /5 (490 reviews) Write a Review!

Susan A.

A reliable and completely user-friendly tool with immense productivity.

Reviewed on 24/7/2019

Insightly CRM offers a wide range of services for our business to improve our customer services and have provided us with benefits to enhance our marketplace. It has allowed us to successfully engage our working relationships with the clients in a more reliable way. I have also been performing project management tasks with this tool.

Pros

Insightly CRM is itself a very reliable tool which allows the user to gain the most of the advantage with its easy to use features and efficient tools. We can also easily integrate it with other tools to improve the overall productivity. It's super responsive when dealing with the customers. We can easily maintain our sales cycles and ongoing customer service to provide extra care for the clients. The user-interface is also quite easy and manageable than other such tools.

Cons

Chrome extensions are bit of a clunky addition which further complicated the working procedure so mostly avoid it. The other tools integration is right on point but the social media integration misses few of the parts and continues to be a wastage of time for us. In the end, it proves to be much effected on our overall work and improves the efficiency of our work routine.

Response from Insightly

Hi Susan,

Thank you for the feedback. The Chrome Extension you're talking about is actually sunset. Try the new Add-On. :)

Zach C.

All of the basic functionality of a CRM, but feels outdated

Reviewed on 25/3/2021

From our experience within our company, it is a sufficient CRM, but in all honesty, after switching to Hubspot CRM, I realized that Insightly was missing a lot of other useful features.

Pros

It was a good starter CRM for our small company to get us more organized and move from an excel spreadsheet into a more feature-rich platform. It has the basic functionality of what you would expect from a CRM platform nowadays, with automatic email logging, contact management, as well as an integration with Quickbooks.

Cons

I felt like we outgrew it quickly. We were only on the free plan, but with the features that we used, and after analyzing the cost of upgrading versus the competitors, we couldn't justify the additional cost of upgrading Insightly.

• Industry: Commercial Real Estate

Wasn't right for our org, could be right for you.

Reviewed on 10/11/2020

Overall, the system is good for a smaller organization that is not putting large stresses on their CRM. We ultimately outgrew Insightly in many ways, and often overwhelmed the system with our integrations. Developing tools and processes internally to accommodate for this was less desirable than just moving to a new product.
Definitely worth considering for a smaller organization or one that fits neatly into Insightly's wheel house.

Pros

Insightly was highly customizable and for the price a very capable tool. Flexibility in terms of object and workflow customization. Very easy to connect to third party or self-developed integrations via API.
Loved being able to email to any specific record

Cons

API changes caused fatal errors in several of our integrations over the course of our time with Insightly.
User interface was never the prettiest

James D.

Very easy to use and love the to-do list!

Reviewed on 29/7/2018

I like this program. I really do. I mean, that to-do list is so handy not only in theory but also in practice. The features make the program so easy to use and the fact that there is support on hand to explain any issues that the training videos did not cover is such a big bonus. We’ve had times during training where we were unsure of the functions, but one quick call to support cleared everything up. We feel like pros! However, the cost almost negates the good features. We are a small business and it’s difficult to justify the cost when there are so many cheaper or free CRMs available. Maybe they’ll come out with a small business version that isn’t quite as expensive but has the features you need to run your day-to-day tasks.

Pros

I absolutely love the to-do list. It makes it so much easier to assign tasks to my employees. I always prefer to have tasks written down to verbal tasks, so this program helps so much in that aspect. I also really like the clean, efficient look to this program. It makes it very easy to use and is not as cluttered as other similar programs. I loved the training videos that helped my employees learn the ins and outs of the program. The fact that there is tech support readily available is also a plus. I hate having only email or only phone support available, but Insightly has both!

Cons

It’s rather pricey. The free version does not provide all of the features that make this product worthwhile over the competitors’. To get all of the features, you have to pay more, which makes sense, just not for small business owners. The fact that a higher plan is required to forward emails is a big minus. It’s something that almost all businesses need but paying the amount for the professional version is not necessarily a cost that can be justified. I believe that if this program were a little bit less expensive it would be more useful for small and new businesses.

Kevin H.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Great Potential, Lack of Foresight

Reviewed on 8/10/2016

In general, the product is easy to learn and use. It has the potential to be great with just a few changes, but the programmers don't see the possibilities.

Pros

Great cost. Fairly powerful CRM system and reasonably intuitive to use.

Cons

Whenever you push events from your Google calendar to Insightly, the Insightly calendar makes it private with no display of time, so nobody else can see it. It just disappears for everyone else. Likewise, any event you put on Insightly marked private doesn't show on the calendar as busy. It just disappears for everyone else. So, this bug makes the calendar essentially useless for showing team member availability and for scheduling. It also prevents other scheduling app integrations from functioning properly.

Tasks are simply Events that don't have a start and end time. Events should act just like Tasks and be reported the same way. A simple solution is to scrap Events altogether and simply take the code used to create beginning and ending times on Events and apply that to Tasks as an option. The Task reports and all its functionality are great. Events is a little better, but generally poor. It's not needed if the features of Events are simply added to Tasks. This would make managing tasks and events in projects incredibly easy and much better than now. Right now, you have to use another program to manage simple workflows because this is so inadequate and inflexible. To fix this and make it far better only requires a couple of simple tweaks.

Project management is not great.

They haven't figured out the advantages of drag and drop.

Great Software, Easy Too Use, Needs more Features

Reviewed on 13/10/2017

We were disorganized across a few methods of tracking individuals who engaged with our work. This helped us to centralize the information, and to function better as a staff. We did not need to re-invent the wheel with each new contact or program.

Pros

The ease of use means a short learning curve when introducing it to new staff members. I specifically like the integration with Gmail to be able to add relevant connections from email with one click.
Projects are a great way to track contacts and add comments and attachments to have all the relevant history of a specific project in one place.

Cons

It is very sales driven, and works for that capacity. I was using it as a non-profit, tracking volunteers and donors, and so I needed to "back door" some of the features to work for my uses.
I wish the tagging features had sub-tags to help sort a bit better without having so many top level groups of tags.

Response from Insightly

Thank you for the great review!

We appreciate your feedback on your use case as a non-profit. Our Customer Success team put together this great webinar to learn more about how to manage your non-profit's activities with Insightly should you need more ideas: https://support.insight.ly/hc/en-us/articles/220630127-Recorded-Webinar-Do-More-Good-Spend-More-Time-Growing-your-Non-Profit.

Thank you!

The Insightly Team

Katy A.
  • Industry: Legal Services

Insightly - great offering

Reviewed on 9/12/2014

I've been trialling Insightly and Solve360.

I really like Insightly but there are some limitations versus Solve which are making me think twice. I can only customize 25 fields in contacts when I need more - SOLVE has unlimited custom fields. The other great thing with Solve is that you can give a contact a tag and apply only some custom fields to that particular category which is great for what I need. Another advantage Solve seems to have over Insightly is that you can share a "project blog" in Solve with an external person such as a client. That's fantastic when you want to be able to show your client how far along a project you are. Instant access. You can also operate all your gmail from directly inside Solve - total integration. That said, Insightly looks better to my eye and has unlimited storage. I think if you could get up to speed with SOLVE on the other items, you'd be at the front of the pack and I would be IN for sure.

Pros

Unlimited storage
Intuitive
Great gmail gadget

Cons

Falls short of full webmail integration
Only 25 custom fields - too few for my liking and no ability to have subsets of custom fields
No ability to share a project with a client

Response from Insightly

Hi --

Thanks for the feedback. I just have a couple questions. What is your use case that requires more than 25 custom fields? I ask just because for most of our customers 25 custom fields is plenty.

Also I don't quite understand what this means 'contact a tag and apply only some custom fields to that particular category which is great for what I need.' I'm not sure if you are applying a tag at the contact level or the field level.

At this time, we don't have the ability to share a project to your customers via a portal.

With regards to manipulating your gMail, did you check out the Insightly gadget which works with Google Apps gMail?

If you would like to discuss further or would like additional clarification, please feel free to email [email protected]

Thanks

• Industry: Accounting

Great CRM tool for small and growing businesses

Reviewed on 13/3/2018

Great for tracking and progressing sales opportunities and general business development

Pros

The option to create custom fields was a real hook for our business as we require a great deal of specific data and capture it in specific ways.
The pipeline feature for defining custom workflows is a great feature which allows us to carve out our own procedure and modus operandi.

Cons

The UI feels a little outdated at times. The important date reminder feature is not as user-friendly or functional as hoped. We really require projects/workflows to auto generate on a defined schedule and struggled to make the best use of this software without addressing that need.

This CRM had all the features we were looking for

Reviewed on 5/2/2019

Insightly was a great CRM for our team. We used the software for over 2 years with no major issues. More expensive solutions may be available but the value addition may need to be looked at.

Pros

Insightly has all the features that a small sales team could ever need to run efficiently. It was the first CRM we used and most of us had no trouble getting started. It was a breeze to extract the reports The email integration also helped save a lot of time.

Cons

The solution could do with some of the features like auto-population of leads social media information and auto-recommend while filling up sections like the city in the lead information. The email integration could also be improved. perhaps it could also pull details like phone number and address that were mentioned in the email

Morgan H.
  • Industry: Insurance

Insightly works for small teams.

Reviewed on 16/4/2015

Pros

Insightly works well with Gmail. If you already use Gmail everyday, the insightly Gmail gadget will make your life a dream. Also, the ability build workflows and assign tasks in insightly is very well executed. The ability to integrate with quickbooks online, and mail chimp make this a powerful crm for enterprising small businesses (like mine)

Cons

There is nothing I could single out as disliking. Perhaps the limited number of custom fields I can develop. I am in the insurance business, and we store many many data points on our clients, far and away beyond the simple birth date or expiration date. It would be nice to be able to customize some of the data fields to round our our client information.

Vince K.

Now that I use it, I can't live with out it!

Reviewed on 24/1/2017

We searched long and hard for a CRM that would help us organize and run more efficiently. I can't tell you how happy we are with Insightly. The workflow automation saves us untold hours. We use the Project and Task list extensively to keep our team on task and to keep from missing a single detail. I've referred Insightly to several other businesses who came to love it, too. If you're looking for a powerful CRM that won't break the bank, this is the one you want.

Pros

Tons of features like task assignments, activity sets for recurring actions, and gmail integration make this invaluable to us. Also, they have tons of video tutorials that are very well done.

Cons

We've been using Insightly for about 1.5 years now and I don't have any complaints.

Yan F.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

I've used a free version of Insightly, but decided not to go with paid one.

Reviewed on 22/2/2018

Good contact management system.

Pros

It's a good solution for a company that wants to combine CRM and Project Management solution and uses G Suite from Google. I liked that you can use Web-form-to-Lead feature even in a free edition - something other companies have on more expensive plans.

Cons

It is heavily geared towards the company (or individuals) that use Gmail - basically it seems to be a plug-in to Gmail and mimics its interface. We are more used to Microsoft and that was one of the reason I decided not to go with paid solution. Another one was that canceled paid month plan. Now paid plans starts with higher price and there is lack of features - at least for us.

Elysha S.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Nothing but trouble since March revisions

Reviewed on 12/6/2017

Pros

Easy to find videos on how to update/organize general sections. Everything is pretty self-explanatory so heavy training was not needed when I first joined the company using this CRM.

Cons

Slow and very unhelpful customer service. Extremely poor functionality, navigation, and organization. Many bugs.... Then a severe lack of help in fixing said bugs. There is no number to call, and if you need help you can only speak with a general customer support member by scheduling a call, and only after expressing dissatisfaction, you are never put in touch with the technical team. I don't have the time nor willingness to become Insightly's tester by constantly reporting new issues, which then are either slowly to never resolved. There have been so many issues since the March updates, our website and other tools don't function properly because fields were renamed. Renaming and deleting tags rarely works, or you have to do so a few times in order for it to stick. Writing notes or emails - you can't bold, italic, or cross out text nor backspace/delete normal (screenshots already provided). My manual labor has increased ridiculously, and frustrations rise every time a new bug is found since the old ones are still an issue. It's hard to create proper reports since contacts/opportunities are separate items. There is no one to call to walk you through something if needed. I understand the price is lower, but I don't feel my company gets what it pays for anymore thanks to all these issues. I'm an extremely frustrated user... who is losing customers and gaining a lot of work and headaches thanks to this CRM.

Melissa P.

Was fine before the new update

Reviewed on 11/7/2018

Pros

I like that we are able to keep track of our clients and somewhat customize our task views to work for our process.

Cons

The newest update was not a great idea. I'm not sure if it's just because of our processes or if other users feel this way, but our ability to customize things has seriously diminished. The client view is not nearly as user-friendly. The activity view is really horrendous - when you mark a task complete, it doesn't disappear unless you refresh. When you delete a task, it takes you all the way out of the contact's record. We've actually moved our client note/task tracking to OneNote and it's working much better for us.

Rion H.

Awful Customer Service Responses

Reviewed on 26/10/2017

I'm going to start this out by saying that I am the CMO for a SaaS company; one that builds a retail CRM. I am imminently qualified to speak on this particular subject. I did not subscribe to Insightly in the interest of that company (another I own), but I am more acutely aware of the challenges that these companies face, than most. Because of that, I'm also more likely to be more forgiving, in the event of a bug.

That said, this may be one of the worst customer experiences that I've had in years.

We faced a problem with spam coming in through Insightly's web form (as implemented on our Word Press website). Now, spam is not Insightly's problem, yet they build a tool designed for the collection of customer data, so it's a problem they're bound to have some experiences with.

Per the company documentation instructions, we set up Google's reCaptcha (as is part of our best practices for building any new site) for controlling the problem. It didn't seem to be working, though.

After further investigation by both our internal front an back end developers, we discovered that Insightly was not sending our token to Google for approval. When confronted with this information, multiple Insightly staff parroted back to me that it essentially wasn't their problem.

When we pointed our customer service rep, Dan, to the insight.ly article which said at the bottom that you can add reCAPTCHA to a page to stop spam submissions, and he looked at that and said, "Well... We never PROMISED it would work."

Seriously?

When I asked to have their engineers speak to my developers to attempt to figure out what was going on here, we more or less got more of the same, from several different customer service reps.

When sent proof of the mistake, we were again told that it was not Insightly's problem. We weren't asking for much. Developers make mistakes. It's okay. It happens. It was the absolute refusal to deal with a verified issue with their system that really left a bad taste in our mouths.

As of today, we are still waiting for a response. Am giving it 24 more hours and we'll be taking our business elsewhere.

Pros

Easy enough to use for small business owners, if you can see your way out of getting tons of unsolicited spam.

Cons

Responsive customer service that doesn't seem well informed to deal with anything beyond the most basic of questions.

Caitlin P.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Easy to use and customise

Reviewed on 31/7/2016

Small Australian NFP Charity that manufacturers custom disability solutions. Insightly enabled us to have a custom CRM and project management system all in one, for a 20th of the cost as other systems. We are learning things all the time and continually improving our process. The only thing I wish Insightly would do is not have their live seminars at 1am or 4am Canberra time (+10), other then that really happy.

Pros

Easily adaptable workflows, and the tags make it easy to sort through all the data. For us the tags are amazing as we can sort through our hundreds of volunteers by skill and location, to quickly and easily assign to projects.

Cons

I wish the reporting features where as intuitive as the rest of the app.

Ryan M.

It's pretty good...

Reviewed on 19/3/2020

Overall, Insightly is pretty good. As with all software, you'll get what you put into it. So, if some more integrations with other software were possible, that would help greatly.

Pros

I like how easy it is to integrate Insightly with other software that I use, like Google Apps. This makes messaging easy.

Cons

I'd like it if it could speak better to our project management software. If it could keep track of existing estimates as opportunities, that would be great.

Wells A.

Efficient, easy CRM

Reviewed on 21/10/2018

With its short learning curve and fast operation, Insightly save us time. We can track communications with customers, sales and more without feeling bogged down by a ponderous CRM. It includes light-weight project management that, again, doesn't tie you up in complexity.

Pros

Amazingly fast and easy to use and learn. The interface is very well organized. It anticipates what you need to do next and makes it available. You can type a few characters in the Search field and immediately jump to a matching Contact, Deal, etc. It integrates with Drip, a powerful Email Service Provider and works well with any email services like Office 365, webmail, Gmail and others.

Cons

The pricing jumped this year. Our old pricing is still good, but new customers pay the new prices. They also get some powerful new customization features.

Michael S.

A nice start but needs some tweaking.

Reviewed on 5/12/2016

I really needed a way to synchronize all my events keep track of clients... Overall inslightly is okay and much better than nothing but I've had some problems.
The first thing that surprised me was that the web based Inslightly calendar does not synchronize with Inslightly app. I had a big problem composing an email and clicking out of it to get information from the link then coming back to it and seeing that it was gone. There was no draft folder and no way to preserve what I had written so I had to start all over again. Very frustrating. I am also repeatedly having to log back in which is time-consuming and frustrating.
On one occasion and I composed an email and sent it to my client only to find out that he received a blank email. Again, No drafts folder and no copy of the email I had composed, but I've watched it disappear.

Pros

I like being able to link events with clients.

Cons

I can't use the native contacts in Mac, I have to input new Contacts by hand. I would like to see you it synchronize better with calendar and other Apple related products. I also really don't like not being able to share calendars. My assistant can enter an event and I don't see it... What good is that?

Harley D.

Excellent CRM for small Business

Reviewed on 12/5/2020

I use this as my personal CRM, so if a customizeable CRM is not required this is certainly an option

Pros

Extremely inexpensive software for small business with good bulk mailing features and document storage.

Cons

Customizing is limited and navigation sometimes a little clumsy and non intuitive, I wish it contained a split screen for some of the functions.

Michael F.

We use this as our CRM and it has been great.

Reviewed on 20/5/2018

I've outlined in the previous messages

Pros

I love the functionality of it along with the ability to lead projects with my team. It would be helpful if there were some "how to start" training videos I could give to anyone new to the team.

Cons

It's not really a con, it's more the fact that it offers so many functions that it's hard to keep up at times.

Suzanne V.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Insightly helps with email organization

Reviewed on 5/1/2017

Our company used nightly for about a year. It helped us keep projects organized by allowing us to outline the steps, assign people to tasks, and send automatic reminders.

Pros

It's ability to organize projects, assign tasks to people, and house all the information in one shareable place is useful. It also has the ability to take an email and make it a task.

Cons

It's useful but overall we found it wasn't "easy" enough to use and it wasn't adopted consistently among everyone in our Company.

Felicia H.
  • Industry: Alternative Medicine

Great way to manage leads

Reviewed on 3/1/2020

Overall we have been happy with the help Insightly has provided to us while starting up online marketing and advertisement. It has allowed us to better track our investment as well as track our leads and follow-up with people in appropriate time gaps.

Pros

This product has allowed us to streamline our online marketing ads into a funnel/pipeline. Once you have it set up, then it is really easy to track leads and continue to follow-up with them. This allows you to track this, time things out and automate it all.

Cons

The thing I liked least about the software is setting everything up for your campaigns. It's a lot of work to set everything up, although I don't think that is the fault of the software, just part of the job of creating content, and following up with leads in different funnels.

Response from Insightly

Hi Felicia, thanks so much for your kind words. We work hard to make Insightly a preferred CRM for businesses like yours, and are thrilled you're making the most out of our platform. Thank you for being our valued customer. We look forward to helping you and your team reach new heights!

Alejandro U.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Awesome app for more than CRM

Reviewed on 5/10/2017

Integration with other apps, including Quickbooks.

Pros

The best part of it is the integrations. The apps you can integrate with are perfect for the operations of a sales team, or any team! We used it with the staff at our church and it worked great! we had the free version for couple of years now until we upgraded. Truly it is a great app. Also it syncs with the iPhone app.
This is 100% recommended if you use Google suite.

Cons

The only Con is the price. For a small company maybe is ok with a few users. But medium companies maybe will struggle with that price per user. But if your sales can take it in, no problem. You have to really get all that you can get from the app.

Austin M.

Insightly is a great, lightweight tool for CRM

Reviewed on 16/5/2017

Pros

I like that most of the features are relatively easy to use and customize. Our organization uses this software for both CRM and project management.

Cons

The reporting capabilities are a challenge to use sometimes, but it's my understanding that they are actively working to improve these features.