Constant Contact Reviews

4.3/5
4.2/5

Constant Contact - The Best Digital Marketing Tool for Your Business

Reviewed on 8/6/2022

Constant Contact enables me to easily and efficiently produce high-quality marketing pieces, manage data and see at a glance what is working and what isn't, for my business. Even the free version provides everything necessary to pick up and run right out of the gate!

Pros

Constant Contact's user-friendly platform is my go-to for all things digital marketing. From designing marketing pieces to importing/exporting contacts, data organization, customization, reporting and analytics, social media posts and more - there is nothing that it cannot do!

Cons

I would like to see more customizable features added.

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

Constant Contact is more user-friendly and cost-effective than the alternatives I have tried.
Hafizah
Hafizah
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Constant Contact review

Reviewed on 5/6/2021

Pros

Constant Contact excels in handling various groups/lists and large numbers of contacts. I've dealt with companies with a vast customer base, and Constant Contact enables you to manually eliminate subscribers and errors from more extensive groups/lists. They're coming out with a new edition of their email builders, but the existing one allows for individual CSS coding per block, which allows for a lot of customization.

Cons

Constant Contact has several oddities that I haven't encounter with Mailchimp, especially when using external connections for photographs and URLs. The email builder's text and link editing is a little strange and has a few flaws. Also, unless you make folders for all of your emails, the new search option for past emails is quite sluggish and takes a very long time to find.

Zachary
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

It Does The Job

Reviewed on 30/5/2024

Pros

Constant Contact handles the basic email marketing well and at a fairly low price.

Cons

Missing a lot of bells and whistles when it comes to analytics and integration to capture data points.

Andrew
  • Industry: Industrial Automation

We switched from Active Campaign to Constant Contact.

Reviewed on 21/2/2024

Great. As mentioned in the title, we switched from using Active Campaign to Constant Contact.

Pros

It's very user friendly and intuitive. I could set up an e-mail blast/campaign within minutes from just a first time use without having to watch a video or learn about the interface.

Cons

It would be great if you could schedule out or separate audiences for e-mail blasts based on location or time zone. I think the other work around is to manually separate different contact lists.

Marketo Sales Connect, Mailchimp and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

Less intuitive. Constant Contact has cool social media integrations with AI. Active Campaign seems to be more popular in Europe versus North America.

ActiveCampaign

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

User reviews and the easy to use interface.

Email Marketing Made Easy Thanks to Constant Contact

Reviewed on 11/9/2023

The e-mail templates are straightforward, therefore I've been able to teach others in our company who have little to no prior expertise with similar software to use them. As an email service, I couldn't be happier.

Pros

I appreciate the variety of options for making email lists quickly and easily. There is a plethora of sample documents from which to pick. It allows you to make emails that look quite official.

Cons

You are unable to tweet at this time. You can't add movies to share like you can on Reels, and you'll have to create individual posts if you want to tailor the text to each social network.

Thomas
Thomas

Using it, but reluctantly

Reviewed on 5/12/2023

Pros

I would say the only thing I like about Constant Contact over the competitors (Mail Chimp, HubSpot) is the fact that we have our email templates in already. It is impossible to use my CRM (HubSpot) for custom email templates without upgrading to a much higher $ plan.

I would prefer using MailChimp, but again, I have to pay a designer to create a new template for me. All in all CC is average as it gets but it gets the job done.

Cons

Cost has skyrocketed, with an annual cost of nearly $1,000 per year to my organization.

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

It was here before I began, so I didn't necessarily choose it.
Melanie

Great entry email marketing

Reviewed on 4/4/2024

Pros

I liked the ease of use once a campaign was set up. Drag and drop template was easy to train clients to use. I liked the analytics of email campaigns and reporting.

Cons

It's come a long way, but the ease of set up used to be quite complicated. We had a lot of clients move to MailChimp, but after using in 2023/2024 I find it's done a lot of work on its set up and templates.

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

We did a free trial for clients in Constant Contact. However, some clients did move over to MailChimp because of simplicity of use.
Marcia

Enjoying learning how to use Constant Contact

Reviewed on 11/6/2024

I'm very happy that I finally have a way to communicate beautiful, 'custom' content right to their email on a consistent bases.

Pros

I'm new and really appreciate the on-demand tutorials as well as being able to call and talk to an actual person if I need more assistance.

Cons

I am new so don't have any complaints. There is much to learn.

Rubi
  • Industry: Legal Services
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Great for Campaigns

Reviewed on 8/5/2024

Pros

The ease of use and the automation of contacts.

Cons

Cost, my boss was not willing to pay for this product.

Amber
  • Industry: Performing Arts

marketing at best

Reviewed on 13/5/2024

great product to get customers attention

great product to get customers attention

Pros

great for sending customers of interest and all other customers events and other things we have going on at the studio

Cons

templates are a bit simple and doesn't fit my taste

• Industry: Higher Education

Efficient but Limited

Reviewed on 14/6/2022

Pros

I like that I am able to import templates I build in BEE Pro's email builder. Maintaining customer lists is easy. The company is well-known enough to have extensive plug-ins for both WordPress and WIX sites.

Cons

Their things make their email campaign builder limited: no mobile design front-end editor, no ability to customize email width, or easily affect padding and margins.

Also, it is weird that you have to contact their customer service to remove their logo at the bottom of the email - even if you pay for the pro plans.

SendGrid

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

We are a school, who's SIS system will not integrate with other software. So, we constantly have to upload lists to our email servicer. Mail chimp kept flagging our account - got very annoying.

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

Unlimited email sends - pricing based on contacts
David

Clean, responsive design and intuitive list management

Reviewed on 4/8/2022

Customer service has always been helpful, especially when trying to figure out why specific customers are not receiving messages.

There is strong automation capability, but we haven't utilized it to its potential.

Pros

Responsive design and ability to create multiple, clean, attractive templates with varying brand elements. Simple, intuitive drag-and-drop interface. List management is user-friendly and customizable.

Cons

Formatting of text styles is clunky and time consuming. There is the ability to apply headline and body text styles to some elements, but it is not intuitive at all. Management of bounced/suspended email addresses is not intuitive or informative.

Mailchimp and Emma by Marigold

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

Better responsive design and campaign automation features.

Emma by Marigold

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

Better responsive design and campaign automation features. Low price. Ability to create and maintain multiple responsive templates.
Lyndsey

Best email marketing products for small businesses

Reviewed on 28/4/2023

Constant Contact has been our team's favorite platform to use for email marketing. We are a small company, so we cannot speak for large businesses, but for us, it has been perfect to reach our 10,000+ person audience on a regular basis, as well as incorporate landing pages and gain more subscribers.

Pros

Constant Contact was our top choice for two reasons. 1. Emails are more customizable than other platforms. You can move elements side to side which you can not do on a handful of competitors' platforms. This was huge for us as the look and style of our email are extremely important. 2. Constant Contact offers the ability to create landing page sign-up forms. Total game changer and incredibly easy to create!

Cons

Frequently the platform slows or errors and the text editor covers the text box we are working on. To fix it, we have to refresh the page and likely lose our work.

GetResponse and Mailchimp

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

There was more flexibility and options for email layout and design.

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

There was more flexibility and options for email layout and design.
Steve

Closed my account without notice or cause, customer service is friendly but poorly trained

Reviewed on 10/7/2020

This was the worst experience I have ever had, with any company, for any reason. It set my company back days of work. Do not use Constant Contact.

Pros

If someone were able to use Constant Contact without ever contacting customer service and if they didn't have a reputation for closing accounts, their interface is adequate for its intended purpose. It's possible to send E-Mails that appear as they do in the editor and their statistics for E-Mails that are actually able to be sent are presented well.

Cons

I spent 2 hours and 47 minutes on the phone waiting for their "deliverability team" to answer a question about SPF and DKIM and bounced messages, over six calls, before I finally gave up. I was never able to get in touch with anyone who know what he or she was talking about. I figured out the answer myself through a Google search hours later.

When I signed up for Constant Contact, a salesperson called me to upsell their services and asked what industry I was in, so I told her. I used the service for a month and spent hundreds of dollars to have my employees investigate their API.

Eventually, I complained to them about their poor wait times and someone called me to apologize. I spent 25 minutes on the phone with her and she told me I would get a 25% discount and they would get back to me about that in a few hours. After a few hours, instead of a discount, they sent me an E-Mail saying my account was closed because I was associated with an industry where I might send spam. I had only sent one message in the history of the account.

That's after I had told them before what industry I was in, and after I was helpful to them for 25 minutes of uncompensated time to tell them what was wrong with their customer service.

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

Their customer service agents called me and seemed like they were more helpful than the agents would be at their competitors. That turned out to be an erroneous assumption.
Cheryle

Review for Constant Contact

Reviewed on 9/12/2020

Constant Contact has been a wonderful marketing tool and I have seen results. I love the ability to see who has opened my emails in real time, as I can immediately reach out to them while the contact is "hot".

Pros

Very user friendly, but the most important feature is their customer service. I always get a real person right away when I have a question or need support. Helpful templates were there when I first got started, and they continue to be available. Their email functionality allows me to tract my emails and see who opens it (all in real time).

Cons

I have been using this software for years, and I have no complaints. I am a one person business, with about 15,000 customers, so my database is not as robust as larger companies might need for marketing. I do not use Constant Contact for videos, slides, etc.

Sheri
  • Industry: Automotive

An email marketing platform that works!

Reviewed on 29/8/2019

Pros

We signed up with Constant Contact in somewhat a state of desperation, after having no luck with other platforms to do what we wanted them to. We were looking for an email marketing platform that would effectively take our data and create merge fields that worked, had the ability to segment lists, and also provided detailed reports including who had opened it, who had not unopened it and had the ability to re-send with one-click to everyone who had not opened a specific email. We also wanted a platform where we could create our own customizable template that still had a professional appearance. Constant Contact did all this for us, and our customers have been commenting on how the communication we're sending them "looks professional, has a consistent look, and always has relevant content". We couldn't have achieved this without Constant Contact!

Cons

The one disadvantage with Constant Contact is that anyone that has the same email address is merged into one contact. This has been a small issue for us where we want to keep both contacts names even though they have the same email address. We have been able to work around this by asking all our customers with duplicate email addresses to update their email address.

David

Lots of unnecessary work to get reasonable results

Reviewed on 25/1/2021

Nice emails that go out on schedule, with ability to see who is responding to what.
Its usefulness...

Its usefulness is severely limited by its awkward and painful interfaces.
Company responsiveness seems non-existent.

Pros

Link tracking, see immediate responses easily, some updates to email editor that have helped, look and feel of emails is good, importing and exporting contacts is fairly pain free.

Cons

Email editor shortcomings: no way to create reusable items to be used across emails; hard to get to html when editor features are insufficient or inaccurate.

Folder management and use: site does not remember when you work in a folder, always starts at the "All folders" level, forcing repeated navigation steps to continue working in the desired folder.

Contact management is awkward: working with large contact lists to clean up/reorganize is a nearly futile effort if contacts are part of multiple lists.
Even though emails can be scheduled in advance, Contact lists are attached to emails at the time of sending, no option to change this. So when sending a templated email with contact group dependent links and content, there must be a separate email/campaign created, plus a separate contact list to be used with it. Dead lists and emails are a quickly a mile deep if not regularly purged.

Reporting on results over multiple email campaigns appears to be non-existent.

Lack of responsiveness by vendor to problems. Feedback and problem reports get an autogenerated email. No other response is ever apparent.

Zoho CRM and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Constant Contact

Franchisor support of templates.
Maria
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

It streamlines marketing campaign management and data collection.

Reviewed on 31/3/2023

With Constant Contact, dealing with marketing campaigns has become a pleasure, as we have been able to cooperate in designing campaigns and publications and following them up. The data collected has also helped us create a realistic perception of the extent of our success in attracting customers.

Pros

Constant Contact provides many, many capabilities that enhance our ability to prepare and publish comprehensive and distinctive advertising campaigns. It is really great that all the settings are easy, as it does not require much effort, as there are ready-made easy-to-customize templates, and the contacts are easily set up. Constant Contact enables us with high efficiency to design the content of the advertisement as we wish, and drag and drop helps in that, and enables us to deal flexibly with all components and add images, texts and links with ease. Scheduling is also excellent, as we can easily organize publishing times on different platforms. It is also great that Constant Contact enables us to capture a lot of data that expresses the extent of customer response to advertising campaigns, and it is great that this data can be easily exported to different analysis platforms.

Cons

I haven't experienced any complications with Constant Contact, especially when dealing with email campaigns, and it's great that Constant Contact always provides us with newsletters with updates and lots of good ideas.

Neffer

Fashionable and Functional. Your correspondence will

Reviewed on 10/7/2018

I do independent contracting for a nonprofit and have been using Constant Contact for about 4 years now for the electronic newsletters to our supporters and network. I love that the software and the many different template options to use for mailings. I also like that I am able to change fonts, color, backgrounds and layout with ease. It is VERY user friendly and if I need to stop in the middle of my work it, will be saved where I left off. This is actually an update because in the past if you didn't save the work manually you could lose it, but they have updated that and it now autosaves (which I am very grateful for). Also, I love that I can schedule mailings and campaigns in advance for when I want them to go out (I currently have 5 pending to go out on designated days within the next 5 weeks). This save me a lot of time and not having to wait til the day of to log on and send them out.

What I REALLY like is that we can track analytics. we know what emails (and topics) people are more interested in versus ones they barely open. This helps us in choosing more engaging content. I know what percent of our contacts have opened the emails. I can create different groups to send certain thing to (like Board members, parents, LSC), I am even able to see the time and date (and by whom) an email was opened and if the donate button was clicked or not (which is good for best practices and implementing measures of accountability within the org).

Pros

I do independent contracting for a nonprofit and have been using Constant Constant for about 4 years now for the electronic newsletters to our supporters and network. I love that the software and the many different template options to use for mailings. I also like that I am able to change fonts, color, backgrounds and layout with ease. It is VERY user friendly and if I need to stop in the middle of my work it, will be saved where I left off. This is actually an update because in the past if you didn't save the work manually you could lose it, but they have updated that and it now autosaves (which I am very grateful for). Also, I love that I can schedule mailings and campaigns in advance for when I want them to go out (I currently have 5 pending to go out on designated days within the next 5 weeks). This save me a lot of time and not having to wait til the day of to log on and send them out.

Cons

I don't like that the only videos that I can embed into the mailings have to be a Youtube link. But other than that, there isn't much that I do not like about using this software.

Selene

Constant Contact is an easy-to-use email marketing tool - a little pricey but worth the...

Reviewed on 26/6/2018

Overall a great product, easy to use, and functional. its minor limitations are countered by functionality, reliability, and the features it offers. The price is sometimes a turnoff when compared to other marketing email providers. CC offers easy to use templates that are almost fully customizable. Lots of extra features including campaigns, events, registrations, sign up forms etc. There are plenty of HELP menu items and tutorials. Love that there is no limit on the number of emails sent monthly. Overall a great go to product!

Pros

As an email marketing solution, CC fits most small to medium business owners needs with plenty of easy to edit templates, branded emails, newsletters, calendars, event apps, and website integrations. Additionally, business owners can set up events and registrations via the app. The templates are easy to use with varied options and designs. For more experienced handlers, HTML is available to set up templates. Emails offer clients and recipients the opportunity to opt out or stay tuned while landing the emails in their in box rather than their spam filters . Analytics are a plus and helpful to see what works and what doesn't in an email campaign. CC also integrates social media platforms. Overall it is a great all-in-one marketing tool.

Cons

While the software is generally easy to use, it is not intuitive and does on occasion produce glitchy results from missing images to random changes in text, font, and email structure. I do like the tiered pricing structure, although find CC to be far more expensive than their competitors. One of my biggest complaints is the placement of images - it doesn't really allow flexibility in design - if you are ok with their more cookie cutter template designs then its a 5 star - but the ability to place images becomes tedious and reduces the functionality. Overall the program is a go and worth the expense even if the image placement issues are annoying.

Violeta
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Good platform for email campaigns

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

Pros

What I like most about this platform is the fact that I can classify the list of subscribers according to my needs. When sending email campaigns, I can select which group to target instead of sending it to all of my leads. Their analytics is very clear and easy to understand. They provide tips to improve campaigns and stats to measure your effectiveness on each campaign.

Cons

I wish this platform would have more innovative features to make more powerful campaigns. For example,
adding videos or gifs. I usually design my campaigns on Canva and then add it in Constant Contact as an image because their designing tool is very limited. It will also be very useful if they would add a link for calls as they do to direct people to websites and emails.

Reasons for Choosing Constant Contact

Constant Contact is easier to use.

Easier to use
Curt
Curt

Easy to use, great for contact management, but terrible customer service

Reviewed on 25/11/2017

The email analytics and reports are great.

The email analytics and reports are great.

Pros

I use CC to to manage our large contact database and to send out email updates. It is great for segmenting our list -- from general interest to communications to fundraising. The automated features are great, especially that it will not allow the same email to appear in the same inbox twice. It also merges duplicate contacts. We use it across the entire organization. Constant contact is great for merging duplicate contacts, updating your address book, giving a reliable open rate and thorough reports, and allowing you to segment large email lists.

Cons

When uploading additional contacts, CC wants to see how they actively subscribed. This can be problematic when uploading an older email list (i.e. you may just have a spreadsheet of The List and they want to see more evidence). Additionally, it is a little pricey compared to competitors such as MailChimp. It would be great to be able to export email campaigns as HTML.Be extremely careful when importing contacts. Constant Contact wants to see how they actively subscribed. Sometimes it is hard to prove this when you have entered information for people you have an established relationship with, or if they verbally requested to be added. Constant Contact wants to actually see the (paper) sign-up sheet. This is unachievable for businesses/groups that have been around long enough to have established an email list based on personal relationships or when importing business cards. As for the design, sizing images can be difficult when you are using a self-designed template. As for the contact management services, representatives have very little technical knowledge and don't seem to understand marketing techniques used within certain industries.

• Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

The highs and lows of constant contact.

Reviewed on 24/12/2022

Pros

1)Easy to use: Constant Contact has a user-friendly interface that makes it easy for users to create and send emails, even if they have little to no experience with email marketing.2)Customizable templates: Constant Contact offers a wide range of customizable templates that users can use to create professional-looking emails.3)Advanced features: Constant Contact offers advanced features such as A/B testing, segmentation, and automation, which can help users fine-tune their email campaigns and improve their results.4)Integration with social media: Constant Contact allows users to easily integrate their email campaigns with social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn, making it easier to reach a wider audience.5)Excellent customer support: Constant Contact has a reputation for providing excellent customer support, with a team of experts available to help users with any questions or issues they may have.

Cons

1)Expensive: Constant Contact can be more expensive than some other email marketing tools, especially for users with large email lists or those who need advanced features.2)Limited customization options: While Constant Contact allows users to customize their templates, the options for customization may be limited compared to other email marketing tools.3)No free plan: Constant Contact does not offer a free plan, which may be a drawback for users on a tight budget or those who are just starting out with email marketing.4)Lack of integrations: Constant Contact does not offer as many integrations with other tools and platforms as some other email marketing tools.5)Poor deliverability: Some users have reported issues with email deliverability with Constant Contact, which can be a major issue for any email marketing campaign.

Trish
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Email Marketing

Reviewed on 9/10/2020

Overall, it's very good. It's pretty easy to use and the emails are really nice looking. They provide lots of templates to choose from or you can design your own. You can create many contact lists so you can target your emails to the group you're trying to reach.

Pros

Constant Contact is easy to use. You don't have to have extensive training in order to figure it out. They have lots of templates to choose from. You can talk or chat to a real person when you need help. They also offer a non-profit discount, which is very nice. The emails are very nice and professional looking. Once you have a template you like, you can copy it each time and change the colors to make it look fresh.

Cons

The events site is set up a little different than the regular emails. So adding things to the landing page isn't quite as easy as the drag and drop method that's available for the email marketing portion. Also, the event feature is good for taking basic registrations and payments (like selling items) but not great for a full blown event. We used it for several years for our fundraising event but it was a bit cumbersome. There was no easy way to do things like offer sponsor levels with X number of guest tickets included. Eventually we moved our fundraiser to an event-specific software.

Jessie
Jessie
  • Industry: Utilities

Great tool for our Cooperative

Reviewed on 6/12/2023

I'm happy with Constant Contact and we just renewed for another year.

I'm happy with Constant Contact and we just renewed for another year.

Pros

Email management is easy to add/remove addresses, whether that's by me or those signed up. I love the social media scheduler feature, I'm able to schedule posts to go to multiple platforms from one program.

Cons

I miss the calendar. There used to be a calendar that integrated into Outlook so I could see all of my scheduled campaigns. It developed a bug that it's not working in Outlook. It was nice that I didn't have to log in to see if I had anything scheduled for the day.