Sage Business Cloud Accounting

3.8/5

192 Software options

Gustav C.
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

One of my best investments yet.

Reviewed on 6/5/2021

First of all i had no accounting software, no quoting and invoicing software. so this just makes my document presentation just that much more professional looking. also i only have to do the basic, and it does the rest for me.

Pros

As a non accounting person, i found this software to be just what the tax man ordered in terms of financial accountability features. it's so easy and and intuitive to use, i was able to get started on the first day and even issued a quote to a client.

Cons

well, i had trouble linking my business bank account to the software, but that could be the bank...

Xero

Reasons for Choosing Sage Business Cloud Accounting

Sage was cost effective and charges in local currency which makes it cheaper, whilst also offering more features.

YourTradebase

Reasons for Switching to Sage Business Cloud Accounting

Sage has an incredible track record and support, plus it was cheaper.
Sonny C.
  • Industry: Printing

Does accounting as it should be

Reviewed on 19/8/2021

Easy enough to use.

Pros

As an online accounting system (enterprise) it does what any company and industry would need. You can configure it based on your company processes, but the reason you would want to use this, is that they have streamlined the process that you can adapt to, instead of the other way around. Why re-invent the wheel?

Cons

Too proprietary. You must go through their accredited vendors to do most of the modifications and reports, unless you train and really go deep.

Martin T.
  • Industry: Accounting

I have the full confidence in this product

Reviewed on 8/2/2021

Excellent - they started a bit behind functionality wise from other products, and are now moving ahead of them, and I like the committment to constant development and the transparancy of their roadmap.

Pros

It is intuitive, and my non-accountant clients can usually navigate their way around it themselves, and only occassionally require minimal support.

My clients who have switch from other software have said that they wouldn't go back.

Cons

The marketing for this product is not as flashy as competitors, and so sometimes it can be a hard sell to clients who want the one with the big ad campaign.

As with most cloud products it is constantly evolving and I am not always aware of the new features which come out.

Ilze M.
  • Industry: Accounting

Easy to use good quality product

Reviewed on 20/9/2021

Pros

It is very easy to use and offers a lot of features.

Cons

Sometimes we encounter errors while working on the program and have to log in again.

Weston W.

On the Wright path

Reviewed on 1/8/2018

Well if you have clients like I do it will make your life easier and more organized

Pros

I first had this software when it was peach tree. It has a ton of features more then you will ever need with the ability to back everything up.

Cons

It takes time to learn there is so much. I would start using this software has soon had you can. I started using it in the middle of my second year of business back in 2014 and it time some time inputting data but once it's there this software made my life a breeze but you will need to take time to set it up

Audrey M.
  • Industry: Accounting

I really wanted this to work

Reviewed on 14/1/2021

Unfortunately my experience was poor. I loved their desktop program and really wanted to love their cloud solution just as much.

Pros

I love cloud solutions and the reports from this would have been nice.

Cons

I was hit with what seemed like every road block as I tried to switch from my Sage Desktop program into their cloud program. Customer Support was lacking and I ended up joining a Facebook support group of other accountant/bookkeepers making a similar switch. In the end I had to make the decision to let it go or loose my productivity.

FreshBooks and Quickbooks Online

Reasons for Choosing Sage Business Cloud Accounting

I mainly used Sage 50cloud for it's desktop features and felt the cloud connectivity was lacking.

Sage 50cloud

Reasons for Switching to Sage Business Cloud Accounting

I signed up to be a part of the beta testing. I was hoping the migration of data would have gone smoothly from one Sage program to the next with data lose.
Brenda F.

Easy-To-Use Accounting Program

Reviewed on 4/12/2018

Generally speaking I find this program easy-to-use and a cost effective way for small businesses to do their accounting online or on the road.

Pros

Easy-to-use, mobile device friendly, set was easy, cost effective

Cons

There is no option for multiple currency.

Terri C.

Easy to use for basic accounting

Reviewed on 24/4/2018

Pros

Easy to add people and find their accounts, keeps records of late payers, & reminds you to update daily.

Cons

I don't like The date always has to be manually updated everyday. Can't recieve old detailed invoices easily.

Barry L.
  • Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Sage Accounting Sage 200

Reviewed on 6/10/2020

Pros

Improved Productivity across the business with everyone using the same system

Cons

As we are quite specialist we have to bespoke several elements around multiple addresses

Caroline T.

Reliable software and exceptional customer support

Reviewed on 30/1/2018

Pros

Customer support is excellent with knowledgeable and helpful staff. Attractive screens and easy to understand

Teddy B.

Sage Busines cloud accounting allowing you to keep up to date whereever there is an internet...

Reviewed on 7/11/2018

Pros

This cloud based accounting package is great to work with. It is simple to use and easy to learn. The standard accounting reports that a growing business are all available. Besides, this I am able to work on the system from home and don't need to move around with a laptop that has the software loaded as it is all in the cloud.

Cons

It would seem that sometimes the automatic invoice sending to clients doesn't work properly and some invoices have to be sent manually. This may however be a problem due to our system. Besides this, we are happy with everything else.

Karla L.

Very good help tool in business accounting

Reviewed on 26/6/2018

Being able to organize accounting in my independent business

Pros

It is an easy tool to use, it is quite complete and you can enter and upload invoices easily, being able to access from any device is great.

Cons

It requires more customization and speed when loading the files.

In General: a fairly complete and more accessible tool in terms of costs. Well offer a free trial month so you can make decisions

Adam S.

Great customer service powerful product. undoing mistakes / and editing can be counter...

Reviewed on 2/2/2018

Despite its steep learning curve and being a bit of a faff on to set up - this saves me hours ever single week now that the system is fully implemented.

Pros

The ability to see finances on one dashboard and report producing capabilities. I was especially impressed by how helpful the call centre staff were.

Cons

The online help leaves much to be desired, it is written using technical language that accounting professionals would be familiar with but is either confusing (or at worst meaningless) to the average sole trader user. I would improve this by making articles based on particular scenrios ie - 'You have invoiced a customer but now they have cancelled the order - Heres what to do' - 'You have returned part of a supplier order for a partial refund - here is what to do' etc

Obumneme O.

Logically Designed

Reviewed on 7/3/2018

Pros

The accounting package works very fine. Its design is logical and intuitive and its quite easy to set up.

Cons

Poor customer service. They do not respond. They do not provide a straight answer. Overall it is a good software

William P.
  • Industry: Printing

good

Reviewed on 3/2/2020

it's good it works, but very hard to install in network

Pros

The fact that you cannot go modify stuff by the backdoor

Cons

support could be better, it's not easy to reach

Quickbooks Online

reputation
Michelle S.

Good Accounting Software

Reviewed on 12/12/2018

Pros

This accounting software is really good and provides detail information. Once you get familiarized with the system it gets easier to use.

Cons

I think this software is not intended for beginners. I think the software is very specialized ideal for bookkeepers or accountants.

Jacqui R.

Easy to use, great service.

Reviewed on 6/7/2015

I have been using Sage for a number of years, back when it was still Simply Accounting. It is easy to use, generates great reports, and is helpful for tracking an audit trail. I've also had to use their customer support team when dealing with a corrupt file. The service was fast, efficient, and friendly.
For some of my clients, I also have to use QuickBooks. It is also easy to use; however, there are some very “dangerous” accounting loopholes that the software allows you to do, making your accountant’s job very difficult during an audit. Sage is definitely my number on recommendation for accounting software.

Pros

Easy to use, great customer support.

Cons

It could use an updated image.

Karen B.

As someone for whom maths and number related work is something of a challenge, Sage is a real...

Reviewed on 6/2/2018

Pros

Sage is very easy to use and there is excellent support when you get stuck on anything. Provided you input the information correctly, you can rely on Sage to churn out the correct information as you need it, with just a few clicks. It has really taken a weight of my mind in terms of dealing with the financial aspects of the business. I would recommend it to anyone with a small business.

Cons

The fact that it does not know when you have put the wrong information in! I honestly can't think of anything that I do not like apart from the inability to spot human error - and it even does that sometimes. This is a real quality product.

Dennis M.

It is my favourite accounting management software in the market

Reviewed on 15/5/2018

Having up to date and accurate financial reports that can be generated from the software easily and anytime they are required.

Pros

This software enables the organisation to keep track of their financial and cash overflow, and in turn make cognisant and accurate financial decisions.
Applicable to businesses dealing with logistics and supply activities

Cons

It may require initial training to a small enterprise that does not have employees with accounting background

Dustin G.
  • Industry: Automotive

Not for mobile

Reviewed on 2/4/2019

It is pretty good just make sure itis setup properly from the get go

Pros

Links your cloud accounting with your bookeepers sage 50. If she/he is oldshcool and like working off spreadsheets and u want it on a cloud its real good.

Cons

Doesn’t work on any tablet I tried IPad and fire tablet and the short listing of products isnon functional making it useless for mobile.
Also unable to print receipts for payments on multiple invoices is really annoying.

Patrick D.
  • Industry: Accounting

Very good and easy to understand and if you do have a problem help line is very helpful.

Reviewed on 2/2/2018

Every benefits that any account would need to do their accounts.

Pros

Very good for accounting reports and it let you know if you made an error or mistake.
I would recommend this Software to other Treasurers and accountants.

Prakash P.

I am using accounting software for a long time but Sage One is easy to use and understand.

Reviewed on 30/1/2018

I did all the entering of accounting entries so saved on accounting fees.

Pros

Well laid out accounting sections and great help facility Easy to enter Invoices Credit note. excellent credit control facility.

Janice B.

Sage Accounting excellent choice

Reviewed on 6/7/2015

I use Sage for my bookkeeping business. I have been using the accounting package (in various versions) since 1995. I recommend Sage to all my new clients, even trying to recruit other bookkeeping program users to Sage, because it is so easy to import other programs into Sage. I find it easy to use, easy to get reports, and excellent for looking up and making adjustments.

Pros

In Sage you can pin the customer or vendors name, this is invaluable to me. I do a lot of data entering using the same vendor's name, sometimes hundreds of times, this makes entering so much faster when you don't have to keep tying in the name.

Cons

At this time I can not think of any. I have made mention to Sage about improvements I would like to see and they have already made the improvements.

• Used Daily for Free Trial

Sage, The Epitom of Accounting

Reviewed on 16/12/2018

Tracking my expenses was hectic. However, now with Sage Business Cloud Accounting, I am able to track and even cut down on expenses.

Pros

I love it's ability to automate the functions like reconcilliations.

Cons

The fact that it is effective only when linked to the internet was a bit of a downer.

Jasmine L.
  • Industry: Venture Capital & Private Equity

Has security, space, processes, and organization

Reviewed on 12/3/2019

We have better tracking of invoices, vendors, transaction changes, banking, etc. We also do not have to have a remote desktop in order to access our accounting books. We had to with Quickbooks and that took a huge part of our time.

Pros

It meets literally all of our needs. We need a software that can help us manage more, track more, and do more.

Cons

It doesn't have to do with this software, but moving from Quickbooks to Sage was quite a process. Worth it though.