SAP Litmos

Mobile & Secure Learning Management System (LMS)

4.2 /5 (260 reviews) Write a Review!

Sharon Z.

Litmos is My Choice

Reviewed on 3/8/2016

We have used Litmos to fill our need for easily accessible on line training for our users across multiple counties. It has improved our ability to not only manage regulatory and mandatory training, but to manage our staff compliance across the board for all of the positions within our Agency.

Pros

Litmos is both easy and fun to use! In our industry, we work hard and deal with many intense situations on a daily basis. Litmos allows us to offer fun and innovative ways to share information, collaborate with the Discussion forums and have fun with gamification. If we have to learn, it should be fun, effective and not add to the stress of our daily job.

Cons

I would love to see development regarding linking courses together. For example, one online course serves as the initial foundation and is good for one year. After that, they take a refresher course that would satisfy the need for renewal. Currently there is no way to do that. This is critical for our industry. We also need a way to offer the initial course as an ILT, then apply an online course as the refresher.

Jason L.

Robust Learning Management Solution. Solid foundation for Sales eLearning system.

Reviewed on 2/7/2018

Effective enablement for distributed salesforce. Cost-effective approach for enabling future sales colleagues as they join.

Pros

Rich mobile capabilities for access from anywhere. Strong tracking of what the users actually did in the course. Good support for engaging and interactive content. Nice ability to string courses together into learning paths (i.e. curriculum) to form a complete enablement on a topic.

Cons

Occasional glitch in recording course completion if exits by closing window. No support yet to take course offline (but supposedly coming soon).

Response from Litmos

Hi Jason,

Thank you for the review, this is great feedback. We will continue to make updates to Litmos and hope that it satisfies your business needs for many years to come.

Best,
Allison

Erik A.

Its been a great first year. We are very happy we made the decision to go with Litmos.

Reviewed on 29/6/2018

Pros

The ease of use with for the general user and the advanced options that are available to account owners to customize things the way you need to use them.
Access to many different ways to view and download reports was another big reason we decided on Litmos.
They seem very dedicated to listening to their customers and providing updates so they can keep offering the best product they can produce.

Cons

I could be picky and list a few features that would benefit the way we use the LMS but they are all little things. Plus, Litmos already has a dedicated site for account owners to post and view new ideas and everyone gets a chance to vote on them. As soon as they get enough votes, they work on implementing it on their next update.
If you are reading this doing the researching part. I would suggest to do the trail account on as many as you can to see the difference in features offered and quality of the product. Its the only way you will find out what is out there and what is going to work best for you and your company.

Response from Litmos

Thanks for the note, Erik! This is great feedback for our product team. I will make sure they receive this as well. Cheers!

Will T.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Litmos gives us an easy way to organize training in multiple formats

Reviewed on 20/9/2017

Ease of use, ease course creation and the ability to manage teams is important to our process

Pros

Ease of use to create and organize courses. The course library also creates a great user experience to access the courses and learning paths

Cons

Reporting sometimes can seem inconstant . Sometimes features seem to be missing the last piece to really fit our needs. It does seem that the platform continues to evolve though!

Response from Litmos

Hi Will,

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad that you're finding Litmos easy to use and to create courses.

Have a great day!

Jennifer Martin, Litmos by CallidusCloud

Jill M.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Litmos LMS has changed the lives of our Corporate Education Team!

Reviewed on 3/2/2017

We are still fairly new users, having purchased the Litmos LMS at the beginning of 2016. It has been everything we hoped and more. We started with our internal site but are about to activate our customer site and are really looking forward to customer feedback on this. For the first time ever, our customers will have access to state of the art eLearning content right at their fingertips. We are excited about this development and have worked very hard to structure everything just right so that it all runs smoothly.

Pros

Its ease of use. It is mostly intuitive.

Cons

This isn't a big deal, but it is still a work in progress.

Devan T.

I think it has been a great tool for my company. I helped implement and set up when we...

Reviewed on 23/5/2017

Being able to publish content for my organization that is easy to update and manage.

Pros

I like the search functions and the ability to house all of our content in 1 place. Makes it easier for our org.

Cons

The formatting abilities within the news section are very limiting. It is hard to format these articles and keep font/colors consistent since it does not save these choices.

Maurice G.
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Litmos Heroes!!

Reviewed on 8/11/2019

It was a fresh new move from what we were originally used to. It introduced us to the concept of Microlearning and Gamification which in turned improved both retention and knowledge growth of our learners.

Pros

It provides you with the ability to nestle your own content into itself and not just focus on what they provide to you.

Cons

The after-sale support of the platform is a problem in and of itself. You are kind of left to fend for yourself once you have gone through full implementation.

Leslie R.
  • Industry: Publishing

Great functionality, very versatile

Reviewed on 12/5/2017

Personally, the opportunity to learn a new skill. For my company, the ability to create new products and improve the delivery of current products.

Pros

1. How easy it is to learn
I was introduced to Litmos a year ago and very quickly was able to learn how to use it despite never having worked with an LMS before.
2. How customizable it is
We are using the Litmos platform for three separate subscription-based products, not all of which fit the traditional LMS model. We have been able to work with Litmos to customize each of them to meet our needs.

Cons

1. Limited number of courses allowed in each learning path
We have more than 50 courses in some of our learning paths and have had to find a way to break them into 2 or more paths.
2. File size limitation
Some of the files we need to upload exceed the 30MB limit and are difficult to break into smaller chunks

Roland A.
  • Industry: Banking

UNIQUE LEARNING MANAGEMENT SYSTEM

Reviewed on 11/12/2018

Pros

fantastic cloud based learning management software. very Flexible and very easy to use.its ability to generate quick report is top notch. Affords you the ability to engage with learners as well as track track their progress.

Cons

Not much i don't like. occasional Log in difficulties and some buttons not working. aside this would highly recommend this program because it has been very successful implementing this program in my organization.

Jennifer G.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Litmos Is a Trainer's Best Friend

Reviewed on 9/11/2017

Pros

Because Litmos is cloud-based, it allows both trainers and employees to access the learning content from mobile devices which greatly improves participation and compliance. I can add and edit content for all of my company's courses without any programming knowledge because Litmos' interface is so simple to understand. I even customized it to my company's colors and logos.

Dj A.

Great product

Reviewed on 12/7/2017

Pros

Ease of use. Install was easy. Product was easy to install and use. Did not require much time to set up.

Cons

Some limitations on UX. Could not customize certain features which caused some frustrations in some parts of the team.

Rebecca R.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

LITMOS for tracking employee training

Reviewed on 19/11/2018

Works well to assist in making a manual process less manual

Pros

Easy way to quickly know what employees are in compliance with mandatory trainings

Cons

some challenges with reporting accurate data, variations in reports

Response from Litmos

Hi Rebecca,

Thank you for the great feedback. We will continue to make updates to our platform on a monthly basis and hope to continue to support your company's learning needs.

Cheers!
Allison

Emanuela C.
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Easy tool for eLearning

Reviewed on 28/5/2018

Pros

Litmos is easy to use, the courses are easy to create and you can customize them using videos, texts, power points, images, etc. Each course can be assigned to groups or users so it is easy to keep control on who is accessing each course. At the end of each course you can create a test with a lot of different options. Reports are very nice and you can see what users are doing keeping control on the results.

Cons

It would be nice to have the option to pull contents from other sources creating in the courses or assessments.

• Industry: Government Administration

Good Stuff

Reviewed on 4/6/2019

Pros

the functionality litmos posses is great. allows us to keep up to date analytics and it's VERY easy to learn.

Cons

honestly i have not come across an issue with litmos yet that i would complain about.

Colleen-joy P.

Online training

Reviewed on 25/1/2012

I really like Litmos and want to build more and use fully. With a bit more tweaking you have a winning product, that I'd happily recommend.

Pros

Cost - you are comfortably priced compared to other systems.
Support - your support has always been good, emails replied to within a day.
Certificates - pdf auto creation is a big plus.
Reports - reports are good.
modules that can be used in different courses is great. ability to email and communicate in system is good.
dashboard - is good, nicely planned and works well.
marking assessments - nice to assign tutors and let them mark online.

Cons

Video having to handbrake is frustrating and even after video is slow. Embedding from you tube video is also slow, needs video and audio functionality.
FTP ftp upload for video/audio. having to manually upload each video is painful
assessment we'd love ability to weight questions. assessment builder is a bit clumsy. Provide a search for questions. a way to use them in more than one assessment. drop and drag to manage.
documents to download - i may be wrong but there seems a limit to how many documents can be available. We have big courses.
powerpoints many don't come out right.
Subscriptions payments monthly - a way 4 people pay monthly as a subscription - we need this urgently.

Scheduling - it would be great to be able to time the modules, schedule their release (not just the entire course). E.g. module 1 then a week later module 2. with each release an email is sent to notify the student. that way full distance learning courses can be set up and run automatically.

Karen P.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Looks great and easy to use

Reviewed on 4/12/2018

We looked at over 40 LMSs and we're very happy with our decision to go with Litmos.

Pros

User friendly, not complicated, looks good, customers and end users have had a great experience. Easy to set up learning paths and courses.

Cons

Reporting needs to be much more robust. Our previous LMS, though it was horrible, surprisingly had a great reporting feature.

Kyle W.

Fantastic!

Reviewed on 14/9/2017

N/A

Pros

Keeping it simple. Litmos does numerous things, but as a user you do not feel overwhelmed while navigating the system.

Cons

Not much. If I am being picky, I would say the process of grouping learners into teams, but even that is not tough. It just requires slightly more thought than other tasks.

Dorothy e. "dolly" H.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization
  • Used Other for 1+ year

A nice product and company until it was taken over by pirates

Reviewed on 7/8/2020

Very disappointing.

Pros

I liked using the product but SAP's deceptive billing practices overshadow any benefit.

Cons

Any product is only as good as the company that stands behind it. When we first launched Litmos in 2016 it was under the stewardship of CallidusCloud. A year ago we decided we could meet our training needs through other methods. When SAP presented our invoice on 10/23/2019 I wrote them declining to renew.

In April of 2020 I received another invoice to which I responded that we had cancelled our service and forwarded the original communication. More invoices and many communications followed.

Finally, my SAP rep informed me that she wrote me an introduction email in August 2019 which contained a footnote that henceforth cancellations would require 90 days notice and since I cancelled on 10/23, I had only provided 30 days.

For a company to change its cancellation policy without making sure subscribers receive that information through a call or a follow up email is more than unprofessional. It's deceptive.

The battle over the invoice continues.

Zoe D.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Easy to find, use and tell other people about where to find content

Reviewed on 23/5/2017

Organization.

Pros

Everything is sorted into easy to find areas. A lot of the time I am explaining to other users how to find data and it is easy to show them how.

Cons

Updating process is a little overwhelming. Too many options when you have to update the information to show where it goes.

Sharon Z.

Litmos is relatively easy to use and implement without a lot of experience.

Reviewed on 11/5/2016

Litmos is a viable LMS option for the small business owner and nonprofit customers as well as the larger organizations with established infrastructure and support systems in place. The flexibility of the system is a pro. I've had many different use case scenarios that I've been asked to provide a solution for and every time I've been able to provide one. Our user base is comprised of employees, customers and the community of family members and advocates. We can talk to all of them with the use of Litmos. Customer Support is exceptional. I've been on the other side of a help desk before and continue to provide support to my users on a regular basis in my role at Health Home. Litmos provides the support to me with the same care and reliability that I would provide my users.

Response from Litmos

Hi Sharon,

Thank you so much for such positive feedback! We really appreciate it and hope to continue to fit your organization's needs for decades to come. Please let us know if you ever have any questions and we are happy to help!

- The Litmos Team

Loren B.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Easy to install and operate, but significant shortcomings

Reviewed on 8/2/2018

If you need something simple and quick to launch, you should give Litmos serious consideration. If you have to do reporting of training to regulatory authorities, you need to investigate very carefully. The API interface is interesting, but unfortunately they do not expose many data fields...so going the API route to address the shortcomings of the UX will not get you far.

Pros

Very easy to install, get running with a polished interface (assuming you have done LMS installs before).

Cons

Report module is terrible -- it failed my external auditor's assessment. Learning Paths are a great idea, but you can't set parameters on them like courses, do reporting...they are essentially invisible. Documentation is very limited. There is no troubleshooting and the blogs are fairly useless. The system is hosted on Rackspace and sometimes the performance for the Learners is painfully slow (30-90 seconds of lag time between clicks). The uploads of SCORM files can go anywhere between 15-20 seconds to 4+ hours. The ongoing operation of their platform needs serious improvement. Documentation and examples of use of the API interface is very poor.

Krista M.

Easy to get up and running

Reviewed on 8/6/2017

Pros

Litmos is a great learning management system. We use it to host internal employee training as well as some trainings we have shared with clients, and the process has been very smooth with both sides. User management is also really easy.

Cons

I wish I had more training on the mobile app side of the software, but that could have been an internal issue with my company for not providing the training.

Response from Litmos

Hi Krista,

Thank you for your feedback! We are happy to hear that we have helped you with your employee and client training.

Have a great day!

Jennifer Martin, Litmos by CallidusCloud

Avi K.

Unintutitive, cumbersome LMS with a lots of features

Reviewed on 9/9/2019

Pros

There are a lot of features that other LMS do not have. Litmos has almost every feature you can want

Cons

The software is not intuitive, making it hard to configure, hard to administer and hard to use, even for seasoned software users. E.g, sometimes you need to do 8 steps for something that should take 2 or 3, which takes extra time, and makes you forget how to do it. Buttons and links aren't labelled well, and options are sometimes hidden. There is no bulk edit in many places there should be.

Response from Litmos

Hi Avi,

It sounds like you may need some assistance to better understand SAP Litmos! Your dedicated Account Manager, Amber, will happily sit down with you and answer any questions you may have.

SAP Litmos is known as the easiest to use LMS in the industry. It's unfortunate you feel this way as we have thousands of customers who use SAP Litmos every day and have seen some pretty incredibly benefits from the tool.

Best of luck!

Kenneth J.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Excellent Training Platform!

Reviewed on 28/9/2018

Pros

Litmos is amazingly user friendly to record your own content and add it to the platform! We've been able to get everyone on board utilizing Litmos!

Cons

It took us some time to figure out how to structure our content to allow for easy learning and not becoming overwhelmed by it. The platform itself makes it extremely simple once planned out!

Buddy W.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

Litmos is a great learning management solution

Reviewed on 20/3/2018

Pros

Litmos is extremely easy to deploy and use. There is very little training needed to get employees up to speed.
Roles are clear and defined. The user interface is extremely up to date and allows for easy navigation.
There are a lot of cool features which help drive user engagement.

Cons

The content in Litmos Heroes is not sorted or categorized so our users need to utilize the search functionality in order to locate courses they want to take.