Vend

Run the world's best retail with Vend point-of-sale system.

4.1/5
4.0/5
4.4/5
4.1/5

218 Software options

Daniel P.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

After 2 Years Working with Vend, We are extremely satisfied. It has added value to our...

Reviewed on 5/6/2018

Vend is a POS Platform that has helped us run our business smoothly. We love the ease of configuration and customization that is available. Looking forward to our growth expansion, we have concluded that we have made a right selection for a POS platform. It is a basically a Plug & Play installation for a new site with minor issues for a start up new store once you have your business running under Vend.

Pros

Pros:
Intuitive interface. Most of our users are able to adapt in a few days.
Reporting Structure is Good.
We can replicate a site basically in few minutes.
Only Online Software that actually complied with Regulatory Fiscal requirements with no additional customization.
Cons:
Which it could have more apps available for integration(Mobile Apps) and hospitality configurations. .
Lack of Business Intelligence Interfaces.

Cons

Lack of application Integration with third parties. Even though I find Vend very functional, I would like to see vend have payments gateways integrated in our region or country (Honduras, Central America).

Response from Vend

Hey Daniel, appreciate you taking the time to leave a review of Vend. Great to hear that you are extremely satisfied with using Vend and that it's added value to your business. That is the type of feedback we love to hear from retailers! If you have any integration suggestions that you'd like to see please reach out to our team and let us know - your feedback is valuable to us. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Abdulrahman A.
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Perfect App

Reviewed on 12/9/2021

Amazing Experience with more than 2 years with a lot of updates and perfect customer service.

Pros

The software easy to use, anyone can use it even a person not educated, I had 2 salesman in my shop the was using it for 2 years and more.
The monthly report very accurate and helpful for our company to easy calculate our monthly income statement.
Tracking our COGS anytime so we can control our purchases.
the inventory stock tracking perfect.
Option with no tax good for our country because we don't have a taxes.
Tracking my sales anywhere online by my phone a good features.

Cons

The monthly subscription fees little expensive specially for the small businesses/Home Businesses. So I recommend to have a plan customized for a small business with a low price kind of support them.
Adding Arabic Language maybe will be a good idea and catching new users.

Square Payroll and Toast POS

Reasons for Switching to Vend

The features we need not found in the other software's
Hines K.

I'm currently operating three locations, and Vend has been helpful so far

Reviewed on 12/6/2018

The simplicity to set up the inventory does save our staff a lot of time. The integration for the receipt printer, payment terminal, and cash drawer is also pretty simple. And if you run into any issues, the customer supports were also quick to respond. If you are an entrepreneur who just opened shop, I'd recommend going with Vend.

Pros

It's simple to setup and if you have any questions, you can usually call customer supports who pick up pretty quickly. This product will help you conduct transactions, manage inventory, and set promotions. I'm sure there are more features, but those were the ones I mostly use, and so far I have not encountered any major issues.

Cons

I wish there were more options on payment services than just Vantiv. Also, since this is cloud base, it will take a while for all your products to sync. For instance, if you're uploading new product and plan to do a count, I'd suggest waiting about 5 minutes for the upload to be completed before setting up the inventory counts to be safe.

Response from Vend

Hey Hines, thanks for your detailed review of Vend POS! Great to hear that you've found Vend simple to set up and run, and that Vend is saving your staff time. In regards to payment services, Vend has a number of integrated payment options depending on your location. For example, in the USA, you can use Vantiv, Square or PayPal. For more information go to www.vendhq.com/tour/accept-payments. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to reach out. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Jim W.

Completely streamlined the way we do business

Reviewed on 10/7/2018

Thorough reporting, cost effective, reduces our workload. Easier management of inventory.

Pros

I absolutely love the multi-store functionality of Vend. We used to have to create multiple transfers because our previous software was not cloud based and did not communicate between stores. It was a huge headache to manage two completely separate inventories. Vend solved this problem and cut our work load in half. Our inventory counts are now far more accurate and easy to facilitate.

The interface is extremely user friendly, and new employees typically need very minimal training to become proficient completing transactions. The reporting is absolutely fantastic and thorough. The thorough reporting has allowed us to order product far more efficiently and accurately than before.

The price is reasonable, the customer support is fantastic.

Cons

I really can't think of much negative to say about Vend. We have had a great experience with Vend, and all of the issues that we have had were successfully resolved in short order by the outstanding on-boarding and support teams.

Response from Vend

Hey Jim, thank you for your glowing review of Vend POS! We're delighted to hear that you're so pleased with Vend point of sale software and that you've had a great experience with our team. Have a wonderful day! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Rex S.

It is Great for Specialty Retail

Reviewed on 7/3/2019

The have a great product and serves a need in the niche and specialty retail market. I have used it many of times and integrated it with clients and tested it with many different types of businesses. The main concern is the speed and the register interface screen layout. I think in time some of the issues will get reworked. I like the integrations with apps and online. Being cloud based its very easy to rollout to more than one location. Reporting is very robust and it will report all types of sales from every source. I recommend it to any clothing store, bridal shops, craft shops, hobby shops, etc.

Pros

Vend is easy to get going, but has a learning curve. It has a design that is geared towards more specialty retail with lower volume sales. Installed in a resale clothing store, and it worked great, it has multiple picture features and offer integration with ecommerce. The level of options is great for stores like clothing, toy stores, hobby shops, etc.

Cons

The user register screen was hard to get us too. Its not layout in a standard cash register layout. Their was no use of a virtual number keypad. Which is hard to get use too. There are work arounds for it. They really need to redo the user register interface to be more streamlined.

Brian D.

Great product at a great value and easy to use

Reviewed on 6/6/2018

Pros

Great customer support, they are there for you with the answers to all of the "problems" that i have had quickly and ready to fix it

Cons

The few problems that i have had were all update related, either of the vend program or the IOS version, in those cases the updates were not known to me and in some cases one or the other did not communicate well after the updates. It would be nice to know of potential problems ahead of time rather to be in the middle of a transaction and have to start the troubleshooting process, or have to wait for the update during peak selling time rather than knowing beforehand to take care of the problem during down time.

Response from Vend

Hey Brian, thanks for taking the time to review Vend POS. Great to hear that you're happy with the experience you've had with our support team - that's exactly what we like to hear! Sorry that you've experienced some problems with updates. Our team work hard to ensure all updates go out smoothly but occasionally this isn't the case for 100% of retailers. This could be due to a number of reasons, including the update, or the retailers specific setup or hardware. Our support team are on hand 24/7 should you ever encounter any problems so please don't hesitate to contact us anytime! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Amogh R.

Super Easy to Use

Reviewed on 31/7/2018

Pros

Love the cloud services they provide and especially the feature which allows Vend to work even if there is an internet outage.
Some of my colleagues are not techno savvy but they managed to figure it out pretty quick.
Loyalty dollar options also seem interesting and its an optional feature.

Cons

The single browser support makes it risky if and when it gets a bad update. Currently only chrome is supported.
Additional cost for premium phone support irks me because if Im buying the product, the highest level of support should come with that

Response from Lucia

Hey Amogh, thanks for your review of Vend POS − great to hear that you’re loving Vend’s cloud point of sale software, usability, and offline mode. Vend is fully supported on Google Chrome and Safari, we cannot guarantee that Vend will work as it should on other browsers, some features may work and some may not. Sorry if that’s not ideal for your business setup and appreciate your feedback on this. We highly recommend using Google Chrome for the best performance. Best, Lucia (Vend’s Community Manager).

Kaitlyn D.

The Best POS System

Reviewed on 2/5/2019

I Love Vend its one of the easiest platforms to use and I have used a lot. I run a small business thats not very big and this system has worked great for me.

Pros

Very Easy to use. I like that you can run your inventory of your store though it and that you can add frequent customers that come by the store. When they come in and buy something they can get loyalty points which can go towards one of their purchases. I also like the on account tab - this is very handy especially for us since we live in such a small town and everyone knows everyone.

Cons

I don't like how the system just decides that we are not gonna listen to what you say. For example if something is on sale say for $2.99 and it was $3.99 sometimes it won't change the price. This is very frusterating so you have to watch extra carefully with sale items.

Myles W.

I've used Vend 4 days a week for the past 3 years.

Reviewed on 7/6/2018

Pros

This software is very user friendly, and makes it extremely easy to enter in new products and keep track of said products.

Cons

A fair amount of bugs pop up regarding the new product and stock control sections of the program. There could also be ways to further refine the stock control portion, like making scanned items organize themselves by a specific attribute automatically.

Response from Vend

Hey Myles, thanks for taking the time to review Vend POS. Pleased to hear that you've found Vend very user friendly! Sorry to hear that you've come across some bugs, our team always appreciate retailers letting us know if they come across anything buggy so we can look into it ASAP. If you experience a bug or ever want to make a feature request you can use this link https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Thanks again! Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Ben L.

Best Product After Lots of Research

Reviewed on 28/7/2016

Pros

Vend has a great online interface WITH a strong back office section. Many other online services are great for checking out/selling but don't have a strong back office section. Vend also offers many things built in that others charge for. You can have multiple users..no fee; Gift cards supported..no fee, free "simple" e-commerce site, integrated payments. Also, you can have someone working in the back office section of the software while someone else is in the sales screen. Not all other software options can do that, beware!! Anyway, I've just been really impressed.

Cons

Vend needs to add support for more label sizes so you can batch and print directly from Vend. Currently you have to use the DYMO software to produce any label that isn't 1"x2 1/8". They do support other larger labels but not the butterfly or other small labels we can get here in the US.

Michele P.

LOVE this program. So glad I chose them. Amazing features & capabilities, plus so user-friendly...

Reviewed on 5/6/2018

It makes running my shop fantastic! Love all the reporting capabilities as well. I have everything I need!

Pros

I love the ease of use and user-friendliness. Overall a great program that I definitely recommend to other retailers!

Cons

Honestly I just wish that sales could communicate between the Vend program and my Shopify online store that is integrated? Though it's not a big deal as it's very easy to run sales in the online store through Shopify, so it's not the end of the world.

Response from Vend

Hey Michele, thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Delighted to hear that you love Vend point of sale software - the feeling is mutual! If you are having any issues with your Shopify + Vend integration please open a ticket as soon as possible with our friendly 24/7 support team. Hope you have a wonderful day and thanks again! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

We have been using Vend for our retail business for over 5 years

Reviewed on 29/5/2018

We have been running a multi-channel retail clothing business using Vend POS as our platform for inventory creation, management, and in-store sales. It is a reliable, feature-rich, and versatile web-based software solution that is simple to set up and use daily.

Pros

For our retail clothing business, we have been using Vend POS in our shop to manage inventory and run in-store sales. The integrations we rely on are Shopify for e-commerce as well as Xero for accounting. Vend POS has been a generally pleasant experience and they have improved the web-based POS platform tremendously over the course of the past five years and continue to do so. The Vend Register iPad app allows for simple commerce with an integrated credit card processor solution. The Vend web-based UI allows us to add and manage inventory with relative ease. Vend is a flexible POS solution that is used by foodservice, construction, and all kkinds of industries. Their variant setup is flexible enough to handle different types of products. The reporting suite is fantastic and allows us to analyze actionable data to make good decisions.

Cons

There have been various bugs, issues, and UI inconveniences over the years. Generally customer support is very responsive to tickets we create however it is usually a long turnaround to actually address any software improvements we have asked to be made.

Edwin E.

Excellent value for the money

Reviewed on 6/6/2018

Pros

It is all in your hand and you can do what you want with the program and it is afforable
I like the fact that you can add products and delete products easily and it is very simple to use

Cons

Graphics need some work and certain icons could be used in bigger format
Tracking previous invoice and customer history needs improvements

Response from Vend

Hey Edwin, thanks for your review of Vend POS! Happy to hear that you're pleased with Vend's usability, value and ease of use. If you have any specific feedback around what changes you would like to see we'd love to hear your thoughts. You can let us know by submitting a ticket using the following link https://support.vendhq.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=1375. Thanks again! Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Mike H.

Vend just works

Reviewed on 28/7/2016

Pros

The team is awesome, they are friendly and responsive. When there is a problem, they dig into it quickly and solve it. While it's rare to have a problem, it's great to know they are around. There are new features and functions introduced on a periodic basis and the product seems to get better over time.

Cons

I'm not partial to their color scheme and would like to be able to change the skin of the application to something else. Also, since we're in the US and they are a New Zealand company, our terms are sometimes a little different for the same thing and that can be confusing until learned.

Chase E.
  • Industry: Facilities Services

A great POS for operating small businesses

Reviewed on 23/9/2018

We have been using Vend since day one because of it’s ease of use and adapability. Our staff are always impressed with how easy Vend is to use. We recommend Vend for store sales but if you start selling beer there are better softwares. Vend is great for small bussiness that sell merchandise!

• Customer Database
• Pictures of products
• Easily discount

Cons

Not really a con but we started selling beer during park hours and with such a high volume in sales and parked sales the system would crash but not often.

Ryan L.
  • Industry: Sports

This system has been very easy to setup, use and maintain.

Reviewed on 5/6/2018

Pros

Being able to sell product from anywhere and not just in our store, the ease of running reports when needed, maintaining product in inventory, and able to set up sale items without having to manually start and stop when sale ends

Cons

I find there are very few cons about this product. Only concerns we have are at times the scanner stops working (which will have to turn off register/or restart iPad), or the Cash Register drops Bluetooth connection.

David C.

Easy-to-use and easy-to-scale, intuitive POS that works beautifully

Reviewed on 23/6/2016

Pros

Very intuitive system that means training needs are limited. Easy to use ordering. Sales tracking for each shop from your mobile, ipad or desktop. Using an ipad as the POS terminal reduces clutter in the store and customers always impressed with it. Great capabilities to track sales, customers. Excellent support. Great gift card functionality.

Cons

Some additional advanced features would be welcome - e.g. multi-currency for procurement to further simplify ordering process.

Chris C.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Great, low cost option for a quality POS

Reviewed on 7/6/2017

Point of sale needed for retail business

Pros

Simple to use. Flexible, and can cover multiple locations. Very easy inventory management, and can do inventory counts right online, and you can break up products into categories.

Cons

There isn't much. The only thing that I wish it could do is easily sync inventory with Enterprise desktop editions of Quickbooks. It does support Xero and Online Quickbooks.

Roger F.

We use Vend in our 4 retail locations and for our web sales.

Reviewed on 5/6/2018

Pros

I like that I can access the Vend information for all of my chops form anywhere there is an internet connection. It has good reporting capability

Cons

We wish that there was more flexibility to get the product description information onto our register receipts. We also wish that the software could incorporate an integrated scale for items we sell by weight.

Daniel M.
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Try Vend if you are a small business ! (PS. I never leave reviews)

Reviewed on 25/2/2016

Pros

Vend Register is an easy to use Till / Cash Point system that uses inexpensive Kit, an Ipad, Receipt Printer, Cash Drawer and Blue Tooth Bar Code scanner if needed. No contract so you can leave if it is not for you and you still have a handy Ipad.

Cons

Vend invoice in NZ Dollars so for me being in the UK the monthly fee fluctuates a little so we have to check our bank statements to see how much it costs from month to month. Not a massive hardship, but not ideal.

Janet W.

Meets all of my needs, listen to my suggestions.

Reviewed on 5/6/2018

Pros

The reports give me the information I need. The help desk is excellent and help me out and return my calls in a timely manner.

Cons

No Year to Date sales at my fingertips. To enter new products, we need to enter the entire product inventory and then go in and divide the different store inventory. Leaves room for error.

Eric G.

Using Vend for 5 years now, I can say it's helped our business to grow.

Reviewed on 23/5/2018

Payment integrations
Inventory management
Reporting
Training mode
Third party integrations

Cons

Customer support is garbage. These guys happily take your money but when a problem occurs your left to basically sort problems out yourself with cookie cutter answers from a woeful support team

Ms C.

Program is a works in progress and poor communications

Reviewed on 20/6/2018

Great range of features and a good simple starter inventory management system , but the program is a works in progress and can be frustrating.

Pros

Neat, simple and easy to use, starter price was competitive. Good inventory management features, which feeds into the POS system, simple reporting and it has the capabilitiy to link to Xero.

Cons

I have had similar problems with others, when VEND update or upgrade the program, which seems like every 2 months, it plays havoc with the data inputting and adding new product, and with VEND, it is imperative that you input the data accurately when you add a new product. Plus, they are not good with communicating that they will be doing an upgrade or making changes to tariffs, which might affect the functionality of the program. I have been trialling the system for a year, and I am rather nervous of enabling the xero integration, as it might not be accurate information that is being fed thru.

Response from Lucia

Hi there, thanks for taking the time to review Vend. Happy to hear that you're finding Vend easy to use and enjoying the range of features, including inventory management. Sorry to hear you've had trouble with an update. Updates are always done to add value to Vend and our team thoroughly research and test all updates before releasing them. Our friendly support team are able to help should you need assistance or have questions about any updates. Best, Lucia (Vend's Community Manager)

Mahmoud E.
  • Industry: Sporting Goods

Very easy and handy

Reviewed on 9/7/2017

Pros

Can use anywhere and any device
Nice interface and well designed
Environmental friendly
Fit many types of business

Cons

The cost some how

I can't find any other disadvantages

Asking for 100 characters here but I have nothing else to say :)

Gina F.

Vend customer service & technical support shines.

Reviewed on 24/5/2017

Vend is overall quite versatile & super easy to use. The support is tremendous.

Pros

Support is available 24x7. Always helpful & responsive. Adding products is quite easy (also being able to duplicate would be nice).

Cons

We wish that we could customize receipts with information in the extended description. We also dream of an integrated scale feature since much of our inventory is sold by weight.