TalentLMS

4.6/5
4.6/5

Sthefany
  • Industry: Investment Banking

Effective platform for corporate training

Reviewed on 23/6/2022

Pros

It has the ability to enhance the training processes in my organization, virtually. It stands out for the possibility of creating virtual interaction environments suitable for each training process. It has the option of generating certificates with each approval of the training phases. The video quality of the training materials is excellent.

Cons

This platform is very complete, but sometimes pop-up windows become a nuisance instead of helping. Its user interface can improve.

Response from Epignosis

Thank you for your valuable feedback, Sthefany. It's great to read that TalentLMS has helped you enhance the training processes in your organization. About the UI, keep an eye out for some updates and improvements which are on our product roadmap for this year!

Gilbert

Excellent LMS that is good value for money

Reviewed on 3/1/2022

We have been able to move our courses online and provide a very good level of support and care to our students and seeking to expand our course offerings on the platform.

Pros

The ability to allow students to download courses into the app and study offline.

Cons

A bit more flexibility in how students are forced to complete courses.

iSpring Suite and Docebo

Reasons for Choosing TalentLMS

Value for money offering by Talent LMS and most importantly the fact that I could evaluate the product for as long as I want and have some courses on for free for as long as I want to effectively test the system without stress or pressure and start paying only when I was ready.

iSpring Suite

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS

Value for money, ease of use and free options.

Response from Epignosis

Gilbert, thank you for sharing your experience using TalentLMS. It's fantastic hearing that the platform allows you to provide online courses to your students while maintaining a good level of support for them.

Alan
  • Industry: Higher Education

Positive review.

Reviewed on 6/6/2022

Pros

The off-the-shelf features of Talent LMS had 95% of what we wanted. We were able to begin with a modest plan and have the option to upgrade as our customer base enlarges.

Cons

The recent decision to increase the price AND reduce the features (e.g. branches).
We had to create a workaround for a situation where a repeat customer wanted to repeat a course. This is a change that many businesses will need.

Response from Epignosis

Thanks for sharing your thoughts on TalentLMS with us, Alan! We strongly believe that your LMS should grow as your company does, this is why we offer various plans to help you scale up and match your training needs. We're glad to read that you were able to do just that with TalentLMS!

Timothy
  • Industry: Facilities Services
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Don't buy into the hype. At best...it is only OK.

Reviewed on 13/12/2021

Frustrating...mostly because they are slow and unhelpful when dealing with technical issues.

Pros

It is inexpensive and intuitive to use. It is good for adding videos, articles, and quizzes within the LMS.

Cons

I have had nothing but problems trying to get Articulate 360 courses to communicate course completion with this LMS. It works most of the time, but it still misses 15% or so of my users. Having over 2000 users, I cannot be hunting down everyone that did not show as completed, especially when they tell me they did it! Honestly, there have been a myriad of other technical issues that they cannot fix, or do not know how to fix. At this point I have to figure out if I just live with the limitations of their program, or go through the hassle of switching to a new LMS.

Docebo

It was cheaper.

Response from Epignosis

Timothy, we are sorry to hear that you've encountered frustration with the responsiveness of support. Our Customer Support team strives to answer all queries in a timely manner (they currently have a 95% satisfaction score given by customers) and we find that the email ticket system allows us to ensure all queries are tracked and addressed in the most thorough way possible which is offered on all paid plans. We suggest you advise your support contact of your specific timing restrictions (including your timezone) and they'll do their very best to accommodate your needs. Thanks for your review!

Alyssa
  • Industry: Insurance

Great platform for creating a basic course structure that fits your training needs

Reviewed on 12/4/2022

Overall, TalentLMS has met our needs and allowed us to create a custom online course and expand the reach of our organization's education programs.

Pros

The product is pretty user-friendly, and if you are struggling with how to do something while creating/editing your course, you can easily find answers to most issues in the knowledge base.
I also liked the various types of content that can be added to a course. For example, I've utilized text, PDFs, Microsoft Word documents, images, videos, tests, surveys, web links, and more all in one single course - and I probably haven't even explored half of the available features!

Cons

Working with a user's course expiration date can sometimes be tricky and could definitely use some improvement. For example, to change the expiration date for a user, logically I would go to the "Users" page, go to the user's courses, and extend the date there. Instead, you have to go to the course page, go to course content, go to course users, and extend it from there. Also, I've found that sometimes you can't extend a user's deadline without resetting their progress for the entire course. I haven't quite figured out why that happens.
I also think the navigation on the user's end could use a little clarity. An automated "course tour" would be beneficial.

Blackboard Learn

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS

An annual subscription to TalentLMS was less than half the cost of an annual Blackboard subscription.

Response from Epignosis

Hi Alyssa, thank you for your insightful review of TalentLMS. We are glad to read that your experience has been a pleasant one and that you've been enjoying the variety of content you can work with on the platform. Regarding user navigation, lots of good think are coming out your way soon, keep an eye out!

Tami
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Excellent product for the price

Reviewed on 13/12/2021

Starting with TalentLMS has been critical for our organizational training, particularly the branch feature, mobile app, and easy-to-use interface. The customer service has been fantastic and the price is affordable. I'd recommend it.

Pros

+ Customer service is timely and helpful
+ Platform is affordable
+ Easy-to-use interface for learners, instructors, and administrators
+ Mobile app included
+ Numerous customizable features
+ Separate 'branches' for training, enabling access for different groups

Cons

- Smaller details within course building are not customizable, or not easily customizable

Response from Epignosis

Tami, thank you for this very insightful review of TalentLMS! We love hearing that you are enjoying the branch feature of the platform. It can be very handy to organize your trainings in sub-groups ;)

Aakash

Simple but effective at training

Reviewed on 23/6/2022

Pros

TalentLMS is a relatively simple software for training and learning management. Yet, that is where it excels. Employers are able to add courses that users, such as me, are able to take at their own pace. The software remembers where you stopped and shows you how much progress you've made on a certain course. The quizzes at the end of the courses which employers are able to add make it easy to reflect on the content we have learned and provides valuable feedback on what we need to improve on.

Cons

It would be great to have different types of content embedded within the courses such as interactive puzzles, graphs, and "fill in the blank" style questions

Response from Epignosis

We love hearing that you found TalentLMS to be easy to run your courses and create tests and assignments for your learners. Thanks for your feedback and insight, Aakash.

Emirhan
  • Industry: Music

TalentLMS is very well.

Reviewed on 18/6/2022

Pros

You can see, enter and participate in your classes very clearly. It also reflects the course follow-up well.

Cons

Might be a little high for the price. This can also interrupt your project.

Response from Epignosis

Hi Emirhan, thank you for writing a review about your experience on TalentLMS. We're glad it allows you to easily participate in online training and provide course follow-up to your learners.

Daniel
  • Industry: Textiles
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Preliminary evaluation: super clear, logical, not overburdened. Great value for money.

Reviewed on 30/6/2022

Pros

Nice and clear pricing model. Streamlined, scaled down and not over-engineered. Super responsive support.

Cons

It would be helpful to be able to differentiate between mandatory and optional content connected to course completion.

Response from Epignosis

Daniel, thanks for choosing TalentLMS for your training. Thank you also for your feedback about our support team. They will love hearing your kind words.

Britni
  • Industry: Machinery

It meets our needs on a budget

Reviewed on 10/1/2022

Overall, it has been a positive service that has allowed us to create a repeatable training process for our organization in an affordable manner.

Pros

The product is fairly intuitive and user-friendly. I was able to start working with it meaningfully day one without intervention. Where I've needed support, the knowledge base provided a lot of value and where that fell short (rarely), I had fairly quick responses that resolved the issue. It allows me to create content using a variety of methods, upload it, cause for an interactive assessment component with review, and allow info to be allocated on our schedule. I can tailor course schedules to an individual's needs. It is great for developing a repeatable onboarding program as well as updating people as needed. It's great to store all training materials long-term.

Cons

For the most part, where I've run into issues, I've found that I just need to research the product more as there are ways to achieve what I want. The limitation is primarily within the packages available. It jumps from $59/month for 40 licenses to $129 a month for 100. If my organization needs 43 licenses (which is my current issue), there isn't a way to achieve that without jumping to double the pricing.

Response from Epignosis

Britini, what a great and insightful review! It is fantastic hearing that our knowledge base has helped set up your portal without too much trouble! Regarding plans and user limits, maybe you could look into Active plans ? Active Plans let you register an unlimited number of users. Their pricing is based on the number of different users that login to your portal each month. Those plans come with soft limits. We do not prevent users from logging in if your plan limit has been reached!

Lisa
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great LMS!

Reviewed on 22/12/2021

Excellent. Sadly, mid-2021 we switched to a comprehensive Coalition Management System which includes and LMS among other management systems. We are phasing out of TalentLMS and I'm sad! Many features in TalentLMS have spoiled us for other LMS's where features and flexibility are lacking. Our customer support at TalentLMS are phenomenal!

Pros

TalentLMS is easy to use for learners, instructors, and admin alike. The ability to import not only users to TalentLMS but also to import user changes and assign courses, groups, branches, etc. by import is excellent. The user-interface is top-notch as well. Navigation throughout is smooth and intuitive. Creating course certificates was clunky at first, but compared to other LMS's TalentLMS offers more flexibility. Data and summary graphics are great in TalentLMS, too. A deciding factor for us was also no minimum annual membership. I also must say customer service was great -- both when we had the basic 500-user plan and when we bumped up to the 1000-user plan. Always professional and friendly and knowledgeable.

Cons

We preferred user registration for courses external to TalentLMS and importing learners as opposed to direct registration by users to a course in TalentLMS. One reason for this was a user creating an account and filling in loads of custom fields only to be told at the end their email/userID already existed in the system. Branches were a bit confusing to learners and others. Certificates being tied to courses without the ability to tie a certificate to a learner was frustrating for us because various learners completing online learning might each have various output for their certificates. We ended up with loads of courses just for the purpose of certificate issuance. Event automation and notifications was somewhat complicated to learn and many an automatic email was sent in error.

Response from Epignosis

Lisa, thank you for taking the time to review TalentLMS. We are glad to read you found the user experience on the platform to be a smooth one. We are sad to see you go due to your company's switch to a CMS, but you can trust that TalentLMS and it's top-notch support team will be here for you if you decide to come back to us!

Lorraine

My TalentLMS Experience

Reviewed on 14/12/2021

From my very first encounter with the TalentLMS team, I was extremely impressed with their professionalism and fantastic customer service! Every question was answered promptly with care and knowledge.

Working in TalentLMS is a dream experience in that there are so many online learning resources available. It is so easy and quick to get up and running with it – most intuitive LMS I’ve come across so far. If the answer isn’t online, then a quick email to my customer representative returns a very quick response, and if it is a technical question in nature, it is forwarded to the TalentLMS Technical Support team ASAP for a speedy turnaround time.

In my opinion, we couldn’t possibly be happier with any alternative LMS.

Pros

If I had to select three main reasons why I recommend TalentLMS, they would be: 1) exemplary customer service, 2) intuitive and fun application to work in, which integrated seamlessly with our existing business processes 3) abundance of online resources to leverage from.

Cons

If I had to select three areas that are not my favourite, I would select 1) it would be so much more beneficial to my creative side if I learned more HTML (you don’t need it, as it has a great editor, but I like to add a little extra sometimes than the editor offers – so I dive into the source code and keep my finger’s crossed :) – but at least I can do that! 2) sometimes there seems to be a minor delay in the group enrollment processes and I cheat and click a convenient button to hurry it along if I need to 3) we have implemented single sign-on and when I want to test a learner’s view rather then my super admin view, I have to log out of all my SSO systems before I can simulate the learner to see their view, so if I could come up with an easier way to be a test user, that might be nice (maybe more experimenting with cache clearing and browser incognito mode might help).

Response from Epignosis

Lorraine, what an insightful review! Thank you so much for sharing yours thoughts and experience with us. It is very interesting and as we strive to improve TalentLMS, your comments really help us. You can be sure that we have passed them on to our developers team and they will look into it. We also love hearing that after thoroughly searching for the best possible LMS to fit your needs, it was TalentLMS that you chose! Thanks!

Michael
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Great Service, Great Value - Perfect LMS

Reviewed on 13/12/2021

We are able to provide short, customized and basic courses that are easily consumed to our staff... we can make custom assignments and automated learning tracks that lower our administrative burden and allow us to track progress and gather relevant feedback. We have many internal questions to answer, however TLMS has given us the flexibilty to address long-term learning and development needs! The support is really outstanding and they are all very responsive... a great partnership!!

Pros

It is very easy to create courses and also clones and reuse various units of the courses. Reporting is super easy and effective. The automation and notification features work very well for us and many options to accommodate our needs. The Talent Library is also very helpful for the off-the-shelf content that we need, we don't have to shop around b/c it's all right there!

Cons

There are times when search for users, courses, or other gets a little complicated only b/c once you click on an item or make a change, the search results are reset. Perhaps there's a way to do this better I don't know, but I mention the critiques and the team at TLMS takes note and passes on to the development team.

Response from Epignosis

You seem to have become a true master at creating and managing courses, Michael! We are super happy to read that you find it easy to use TalentLMS and love hearing about your experience! As per your feedback, you are right, our team heard you and the message was passed on to the development team.

Sophie

Very easy and nicely designed LMS with great helpdesk

Reviewed on 2/12/2021

TalentLMS allows us to offer a growing range of interactive online courses, with a beautiful design, to various types of organisations, and engage them to keep learning through certifications and gamification. TalentLMS is versatile, very easy to use, which enables us to spend time on course creation, and not on administration, and yet reasonably priced for a SME like a+b=3.

Pros

Very easy to implement and create courses quickly, very nice design, dashboard and stats are great, Helpdesk very responsive and helpful, super useful to have free account for unlimited time to be able to test the LMS features in and out, reasonable pricing, active users pricing

Cons

Non-linear course path (scenario) not possible.

Reasons for Choosing TalentLMS

Moodle administration was too heavy, updates were not stable (sometimes something which worked did not work any longer), not-cloud based.

Moodle

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS

Ease of use, ability to test TalentLMS with all features for free for unlimited time, ability to import SCORM, create tests and assignments, certifications, and branches. It was the only LMS that ticked all our needs, including reasonable price.

Response from Epignosis

Sophie thank you for sharing your experience on TalentLMS. It is fantastic hearing that using the platform allows you to offer an ever growing range of interactive and engaging courses to your learners. Of course, knowing that you were able to implement that easily is the cherry on top!

Alejandro

Great platform to get your teams trained!

Reviewed on 20/9/2021

So far it's been great. We're already getting feedback from our users (sales people mostly from our customers) and regardless of the quality of the content, their experience compared to our previous platform is already better

Pros

How easy and simple creating courses and enrolling people really is. I honestly believe that any platform that benefits the user experience is good enough to give it a try but I was blown away by how simple getting things out there was.

Cons

Customization is a bit hard for beginners like me. This is the first time I'm the admin of a LMS, and they do have a great help / knowledge base system and sometimes I need to do some digging to get to the right answer. Luckily there's a very active community that usually points me in the right direction when I miss some of that help.

Moodle and Docebo

Reasons for Choosing TalentLMS

We needed a better customer/end user experience for our learners and TalentLMS is delivering.

Moodle

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS

It's ease of setup and use, it's price point and the overall feedback we got from different people we consulted with just made it obvious that was the right platform for our customers and our business size.

Response from Epignosis

Thank you for a very insightful review Alejandro. We love hearing that you find TalentLMS easy and simple. If you ever need extra help, don't doubt in reaching out to our top-notch support team!

Helped us pivot to virtual training as a result of the pandemic

Reviewed on 29/6/2021

We previously did the majority of our training in person. As a result of Covid, we switched everything to online learning, both synchronous (with Zoom) and asynchronous. TalentLMS easily connected with Zoom to allow us to do both, depending on the course and the people being trained. And thankfully our users have found it easy to use the platform.

Pros

TalentLMS is fairly easy for non-technical users to set up and maintain courses. In fact, I've taught many of my colleagues to do so. The process for setting up new courses is pretty straightforward and well documented. While the default process doesn't have a lot of bells and whistles, there are some customizations available for those who look under the hood a bit (such as with custom CSS and Javascript).

Cons

In order to make the software easier for non-technical users, aspects like branding can be challenging to customize. For example, the size restrictions on the logo image are pretty hard to work with. Not only that, they aren't published anywhere (at least not that I could find). I finally contacted their support and was able to have them override the defaults so our logo would look normal. Worth nothing is that because their support is in Europe and I'm on the Pacific Coast of the U.S., it often takes 12 hours or so before I'd hear back. This made working with support take a long time when compared with other similar companies.

Response from Epignosis

Thank you for your review. It is really interesting reading that TalentLMS has met all your requierments to deliver training during Covid times. Be sure that our world-class support team will always be hear to back you up, even if we are not on the same continent and if you need an extra little help, you can always check our knowledge base. https://help.talentlms.com/hc/en-us/categories/360001246253-Knowledge-Base

Thomas

The ultimate platform for online knowledge dissemination

Reviewed on 9/4/2021

Today, after more than a year of using the TalentLMS platform, I have the duty to underline its multiple advantages that it has offered us in terms of digital training of researchers and employees of some companies in the process of data collection and processing. The platform allows to create and manage efficiently multiform online courses (videogrammed, textual or oral courses). With its three interfaces (administrator, trainer and learner), courses can be set up according to the desired options and uploaded according to the objectives set over time. In addition, the TalentLMS platform has a very well-designed and sophisticated interface in terms of course presentation. TalentLMS allows, thanks to its combination with Gotomeeting or Zoom, to provide very high quality videoconferenced courses. In addition, its combination with Salesforce makes it possible to better manage its courses in online sales.

Pros

Simple, easy and very practical site to use for online training. It is more flexible and more adapted to professional training models for all categories of targets to be trained.

Cons

We have not yet found any shortcomings in the use of this site for creating digital courses, although the general criticism of this site is that it does not perform well in terms of customisation.

Response from Epignosis

What a great review Thomas, thank you so much! You really made our day. It is amazing to hear that you find TalentLMS flexible and easy to use thanks to its vast array of features. Knowing that you switched to TalentLMS after having tried CrossKnowledge training Learning Suite because we have advanced customisation possibility is a great reward to us!

Sandra

Easy to use and very reliable

Reviewed on 15/12/2020

I'm very satisfied with this product. Thanks to TalentLMS, I can successfully offer my products to a large number of customers.

Pros

I've been using TalentLMS since 2019.
The software is easy to use , has all necessary features and works stable and reliable.
There is an extensive product documentation available and a very fast support team is answering individual questions. There have been two webinars with helpful tips in the last 2 months.
An app is available so that user can learn offline.
Last update now enables more user-specific adjustments (Homepage).

Cons

The offline app does not show exactly what is in the online LMS.
There are few individual structuring options.

iSpring Suite

Reasons for Choosing TalentLMS

LMS was not working properly.

WordPress

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS

TalentLMS has more functionality, is less expensive, very stable, easy to use, has an offline app.

Response from Epignosis

Sandra, we are so happy to read that our support team have exceeded your expectations and that thanks to TalentLMS you can offer your products to your customers!!

Ron

Fantastic LMS for the Price

Reviewed on 9/12/2020

Overall, I give this LMS five stars. You won't find this many features in an LMS at this price. Trust me, I've tried. TalentLMS support is great too. They are very responsive.

Pros

TalentLMS provides an abundance of customization options, right down to a customized landing page. The automation and notifications are a big plus and are not usually found at this price point. We were even able to set up a custom domain. I was able to migrate over fifty video courses and tests from our previous LMS within a couple weeks, by myself! TalentLMS has three times the features of our previous LMS for a far more reasonable price. I've been in high tech management for thirty years and this was one of the best decisions I've made.

Cons

The key feature that we're waiting for is the ability to issue a certificate after the completion of a group of courses. We got around this by issuing points for courses completed. When the points hit a certain level, an admin is notified and they manually issue the certificate. Not ideal but our training volume is low enough that this work around is manageable.

Reasons for Choosing TalentLMS

Mindflash kept raising their prices and the feature set wasn't very good. We're a small shop and there wasn't sufficient value for the money.

Trakstar Learn

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS

TalentLMS just has better features for the price. We don't charge for our training. We provide it to customers and partners for free. Some of the other LMS tools had cool features but, the pricing was way to high for the value.

Response from Epignosis

Thanks for your review and valued feedback, Ron! Hearing that choosing TalentLMS has been one of the best decisions you've made in a 30 year career is a nice reminder of why we do what we do here at TalentLMS. Our team is always working to improve the TalentLMS experience, so please do reach out to our support team with any feedback you may have in the future. Cheers!

Chris

Scalable from Free to Enterprise with support at every step

Reviewed on 9/12/2020

We have only been TalentLMS customer’s for a short time but the personal support is. Right from the initial system demo that convinced me and my partners that this was the eLearning platform for us. The fact that we could start for free with support and have the potential to expand to an enterprise-level solution was exactly what we were looking for. The Platform is very intuitive, the initial video tutorials and the in-platform knowledge base are all very concise and helpful. Further. the personal support from a nominated individual that gave us the demonstration has really elevated the service above my expectations. Knowing that, when i hit a problem that i can’t solve, i can email and thet will have a personalised solution that works for me within 24 hours is phenomenal customer service. In less than 2 weeks we have uploaded some of our content and shared with of our partners. The feedback has been that the platform brings our content to life in a way that we simply could not have achieved on our own. We will soon be linking to the e-commerce element and hope to be processing payments early in the new year. We plan to scale very quickly and i know that with the the TalentLMS support team, the technology will not be the barrier to expanding our business. Thanks again and please keep up the excellent support.

Pros

Loved the usability and time to implement. We are content creators and within a 2 days we have uploaded our content using nearly all of the features. Love the look and feel and simplicity. The different content types keeps it fresh and interesting and keeps learners engaged. As the admin i have great visibility of who is doing what on the system and that is excellent for tracking and audit trail of the learning journey. We provide compliance training so the certification is really important and it is simple to customise your certificates to your brand and words.

Cons

Sorting out fonts and pasting text into the system can be a little fiddly to start with. That being said the support is excellent and it appears the system is completely customisable. Other WYSIWYG systems i have used at a similar price point simply say 'you can't do that' and you have to accept the limitations. So far, every problem i have encountered or request i have made, has been met with a custom piece of code to paste into system within 24 hours. I did not expect this level of service at $120 a month!

Response from Epignosis

Chris, thank you for your warm words of praise and encouragement for the TalentLMS support team! It's true, they do go above and beyond to provide solutions for customers, wherever possible. We'll be with you every step on the way on your business' growth journey!

Nick

Continued improvements

Reviewed on 7/12/2020

Overall it has been a great experience. Their support is always helpful and timely, they rarely have service disruptions (despite a massive increase in e-learning following COVID) and they have continued to improve the features of the product.

Pros

Talent LMS has continued to deploy regular quarterly updates which improve the features and usability of their product. They've maintained affordable pricing along the way, even when large updates have been added to the system. It's really easy for our learners to use and administration and reporting is pretty good.

Cons

Certification management needs to be improved further. I still haven't quite figured out how we will handle re-certification if requirements differ from the original. It's also not easy to get the certificate ID number, which is important to be able to store the data outside of Talent LMS. Our workaround requires manually loading a PDF preview and taking the ID from the PDF, which is the only place you can embed it natively. Reporting has gotten increasingly better over time but can still use some better cross-object reporting and filtering based on other criteria.

Skilljar Customer Education

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS

Better value for money considering all the features. Also was extremely white label and had broad API access which was important to us to integrate into our existing customer systems and portals.

Response from Epignosis

Nick, thanks for your feedback and review! As you mentioned, our team continues to keep improving TalentLMS and our quarterly updates are a result of the feedback we gather from our customers. It's great to hear that you've had a great TalentLMS experience thus far, and we'll keep working hard to ensure things keep on getting even better!

Stephanie

Simple-to-use platform for a commercial product

Reviewed on 7/12/2020

We are very happy with how Talent LMS has provided such a user friendly platform that has seamlessly facilitated our growth.

Pros

We have a commercial curriculum product, with thousands of learners from about 100 clients housed on the TalentLMS platform. It effectively supports having each customer isolated in it's own "branch" where they have their own admin and manage their own users. The primary selling points for choosing Talent LMS were the simple UI that requires minimal customer and no learner training, and the mobile app which facilitates learners going through modules offline. The level of customer support has been even better than we anticipated - with one issue we couldn't determine if it was the LMS, Browser or authoring tool that was causing the problem. The team went above and beyond to help us test it to determine causality. Setting up new branches is quick and easy. Bulk import is easy to use. Most of our learners are teenagers who say that they don't even feel like it's "learning" when they use the app. We and our customers love it. When we add large new customers, we have to add seats to our subscription. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] our customer service rep has always been helpful and responsive.

Cons

It would be helpful to have more robust survey functionality - we do have to create "courses" that link to Survey Monkey for some of our learner self assessments (i.e. Questions with two answers: How would you have rated yourself before this program, how do you rate yourself now?). It would also be helpful to be able to create custom learning paths/prerequisites of the same courses by branch without having to duplicate a course. The ability for individuals to self register and purchase courses doesn't function is a way that we can use it.

Response from Epignosis

Seamlessly facilitating your growth - we like the sound of that, Stephanie and at TalentLMS that's whay we're all about! It's fantastic to see that your learners love using the TalentLMS app and it looks like you've mastered all the features of TalentLMS. Thanks for your valued feedback which we have shared with our team. We're happy that you're happy and we'll keep working hard to keep bringing you an even better experience in the future. Thanks for your review!

Siniša

Versatile, feature-rich and simple to use

Reviewed on 8/11/2020

Pros

It's very easy to start creating content and courses. Authoring is very easy and there is not much out there that you cannot use as a lesson unit content - Plain text, HTML text, PDF, Video, Images, Tests, SCORM, flash-object, external resources using iframe, and more. There's even a video conferencing feature.
Branches feature enables B2B agencies to use TalentLMS as a multi-tenant e-learning platform for their customers, a feature I was particularly looking for. It has a powerful, fine-grained User Permission system, with users assigned to Group and Branches to easily follow any organizational structure.
Another powerful feature is the automation engine allowing you to automate course assignment and user management.
HR managers can find also very useful, with course monitoring and powerful reporting tools. There's also a notification system that can alert users of the approaching re-certification due date, which can be handy when compliance is required.
Pricing is also something that I've considered and found it to be very fair.

Cons

Nothing particular except, and this is the case for almost all SAAS platforms, the API is not following the platform's update rate so there are some features missing in API payload that can frustrate you if you're planning to use API for integration or your front-end. For example, you can fetch ILT units but the payload does not contain the information about still available seats, just the capacity. Another example would be the feature that allows some lessons or units to be previewed before purchase, but if you fetch the lesson with API, there is no information on which units are free to preview. The units, in general, have quite limited information that you can display on your front-end using API.

Angie
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Excellent Customer Service

Reviewed on 31/10/2020

Absolutely a pleasure! I only converted my business over so that I could remain operating in response to the health and safety concerns related to COVID 19. I was absolutely terrified by converting my business over and was not sure how this would work. It has been a business saver! I am not a technical person the support available has been the best.

Pros

The absolute best customer service- most answers can be found in the help search, however all questions I have had sent via email have either been answered the same day or at the very latest the next day.
Quick tracking of what training each "user"- my care providers have completed, documentation, and verification of each of their training, ensuring quality assurance.
Training- the ease of creating specific training for each of my careproviders- the ease in creating courses with the flexibility to easily switch from either uploaded video training/ to uploaded documents/ powerpoints- endless possibility to help in the creation of course training.
Branch/ group trainings- an excellent feature for a business like mine that supports numerous clients from different agencies this allows you to share course trainings specific to each agency (branch) and each department (groups)

Cons

I want to be able to have my care providers to repeat their course training annually. The only option available is to either reset their original progress (deletes it) or create all-new courses (clone). I wish there were a way to reassign the course annually.
Electronic signature option- there is no option to integrate/ add on- electronic signature to the test. For quality assurance and compliance, I would love that as add on to the tests.
Mobile App- is very limited in features, for both user and administrator, which defeats the whole purpose of the mobile ease. The inability to add any content, including a video with the mobile app, is a real bummer.
I wish the administrator had the ability to add in a mouse hover or hover infobox- the site is easy to use; however, there are areas this would be greatly beneficial for a new user.

Response from Epignosis

Angie, we're so pleased to hear that TalentLMS has enabled you to quickly and easily pivot to training your care providers remotely! Thanks for your feedback which we've shared with our team.

• Industry: Graphic Design

TalentLMS

Reviewed on 30/10/2020

Overall it is good. Content creation pages is basic and could use more elemental tools to make them more appealing (like Word formatting)

Pros

I is very easy to use and to create basic content, and the working area is large which I like more than other alternatives.
For beginners is quite easy to start creating content and courses.
Has the ability to integrate more advanced external html and external resources

Cons

Lacks features in the design area. Integration of questions, test and graphic material could be easier. Needs more organizational tools.
Needs more tips to integrate advanced html commands

LearnWorlds

Reasons for Choosing TalentLMS

Price, interface and ease of use

CANVAS

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS

I did not have time to test Learnworlds because we were on a time limit to launch a course, and I had already practiced with Talent

Response from Epignosis

Thanks for your review and welcome to TalentLMS! Thanks for choosing us as your new LMS. We're glad to hear that you're finding TalentLMS easy to use and we've shared your feedback with our team. If you need any assistance when using TalentLMS, check out our extensive knowledge base or feel free to reach out to our support team. Thanks again for choosing TalentLMS!