TalentLMS

4.6/5
4.5/5

Michael S.
Michael S.

My experience using TalentLMS has been wonderful. It's simple to use, yet also very sophisticat...

Reviewed on 6/7/2018

We host video learning content on TalentLMS and it works great for this purpose.

Pros

The design of this software is well thought out. Although TalentLMS has many sophisticated features (everything one could possibly need and more), it's designed in such a way to minimize user complexity. As an admin and instructor, I'm able to get things done quickly without much time and effort (with limited technical knowledge). The visual look and feel of an LMS is important to me. Many LMS systems look "techy" and are NOT a pleasure to use. TalentLMS is clean and elegant and provides a great experience for admins, instructors and users. I think of TalentLMS as the Apple computer of LMS systems. Another big differentiator is that TalentLMS enables instructors to create courses quickly without a painful learning curve that kills productivity. Learning content is placed into buckets called learning objects. Any kind of content hosted anywhere can be used. Making changes to courses is a snap. Also, I found the white labeling and customization of TalentLMS to be surprisingly easy. Support documentation is thorough and well written. I was able to quickly customize our learning portal without doing any HTML coding whatsoever in about 30 minutes! No help from technical experts needed. Before deciding on TalentLMS, I reviewed dozens of LMS providers (a hair-pulling experience) and found most to be very expensive, complex, lack-luster on feature and visual appeal. I just don't have the patience or the time to deal with those handicaps! We are very glad to have discovered TalentLMS.

Cons

After about a year, I haven't encountered any problems using TalentLMS. Of course, there's always room for improvement on the way to perfection. There appears to be a little overlap in the learning objects - Content, Web content and videos are really just "content". However, this could be by design. Maybe there should be a universal content object that accommodates all content types. The only videos accepted for the "Video" object are YouTube. However, we use another video hosting platform to protect our content from download, among other reasons. However, this is not a real problem because we just embed our videos using the content learning object, which looks sort of like a WordPress content box. Just copy the embed code from the video provider and paste into the content box. That's it; works great. The only other thing I can think of is that the default HTML video player could use a few more control bar options such as view quality selection and a way to set download video or disallow download video. However, this is not a problem for us because we use embed video codes from our video hosting provider and therefore the provider's video player is used instead of the default HTML player. We control the features of this video player on the video hosting side.

Response from Epignosis

Michael, cheers! Thank you very much for the positive review and the comprehensive feedback. We're thrilled that you've found TalentLMS to be the most affordable, easy-to-use, feature-rich, and 'well thought out' solution out of every other you've tried. Your suggestions are equally appreciated, so please feel free to visit our knowledge base and add them to the ideas section. Thanks for the 5 stars!

Alyssa
  • Industry: Insurance

Great platform for creating a basic course structure that fits your training needs

Reviewed on 12/4/2022

Overall, TalentLMS has met our needs and allowed us to create a custom online course and expand the reach of our organization's education programs.

Pros

The product is pretty user-friendly, and if you are struggling with how to do something while creating/editing your course, you can easily find answers to most issues in the knowledge base.
I also liked the various types of content that can be added to a course. For example, I've utilized text, PDFs, Microsoft Word documents, images, videos, tests, surveys, web links, and more all in one single course - and I probably haven't even explored half of the available features!

Cons

Working with a user's course expiration date can sometimes be tricky and could definitely use some improvement. For example, to change the expiration date for a user, logically I would go to the "Users" page, go to the user's courses, and extend the date there. Instead, you have to go to the course page, go to course content, go to course users, and extend it from there. Also, I've found that sometimes you can't extend a user's deadline without resetting their progress for the entire course. I haven't quite figured out why that happens.
I also think the navigation on the user's end could use a little clarity. An automated "course tour" would be beneficial.

Blackboard Learn

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS

An annual subscription to TalentLMS was less than half the cost of an annual Blackboard subscription.

Response from Epignosis

Hi Alyssa, thank you for your insightful review of TalentLMS. We are glad to read that your experience has been a pleasant one and that you've been enjoying the variety of content you can work with on the platform. Regarding user navigation, lots of good think are coming out your way soon, keep an eye out!

Timothy
  • Industry: Facilities Services
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Don't buy into the hype. At best...it is only OK.

Reviewed on 13/12/2021

Frustrating...mostly because they are slow and unhelpful when dealing with technical issues.

Pros

It is inexpensive and intuitive to use. It is good for adding videos, articles, and quizzes within the LMS.

Cons

I have had nothing but problems trying to get Articulate 360 courses to communicate course completion with this LMS. It works most of the time, but it still misses 15% or so of my users. Having over 2000 users, I cannot be hunting down everyone that did not show as completed, especially when they tell me they did it! Honestly, there have been a myriad of other technical issues that they cannot fix, or do not know how to fix. At this point I have to figure out if I just live with the limitations of their program, or go through the hassle of switching to a new LMS.

It was cheaper.

Response from Epignosis

Timothy, we are sorry to hear that you've encountered frustration with the responsiveness of support. Our Customer Support team strives to answer all queries in a timely manner (they currently have a 95% satisfaction score given by customers) and we find that the email ticket system allows us to ensure all queries are tracked and addressed in the most thorough way possible which is offered on all paid plans. We suggest you advise your support contact of your specific timing restrictions (including your timezone) and they'll do their very best to accommodate your needs. Thanks for your review!

Sophie

Very easy and nicely designed LMS with great helpdesk

Reviewed on 2/12/2021

TalentLMS allows us to offer a growing range of interactive online courses, with a beautiful design, to various types of organisations, and engage them to keep learning through certifications and gamification. TalentLMS is versatile, very easy to use, which enables us to spend time on course creation, and not on administration, and yet reasonably priced for a SME like a+b=3.

Pros

Very easy to implement and create courses quickly, very nice design, dashboard and stats are great, Helpdesk very responsive and helpful, super useful to have free account for unlimited time to be able to test the LMS features in and out, reasonable pricing, active users pricing

Cons

Non-linear course path (scenario) not possible.

Reasons for Choosing TalentLMS

Moodle administration was too heavy, updates were not stable (sometimes something which worked did not work any longer), not-cloud based.

Moodle

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS

Ease of use, ability to test TalentLMS with all features for free for unlimited time, ability to import SCORM, create tests and assignments, certifications, and branches. It was the only LMS that ticked all our needs, including reasonable price.

Response from Epignosis

Sophie thank you for sharing your experience on TalentLMS. It is fantastic hearing that using the platform allows you to offer an ever growing range of interactive and engaging courses to your learners. Of course, knowing that you were able to implement that easily is the cherry on top!

Sandra

Easy to use and very reliable

Reviewed on 15/12/2020

I'm very satisfied with this product. Thanks to TalentLMS, I can successfully offer my products to a large number of customers.

Pros

I've been using TalentLMS since 2019.
The software is easy to use , has all necessary features and works stable and reliable.
There is an extensive product documentation available and a very fast support team is answering individual questions. There have been two webinars with helpful tips in the last 2 months.
An app is available so that user can learn offline.
Last update now enables more user-specific adjustments (Homepage).

Cons

The offline app does not show exactly what is in the online LMS.
There are few individual structuring options.

iSpring Suite

Reasons for Choosing TalentLMS

LMS was not working properly.

WordPress

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS

TalentLMS has more functionality, is less expensive, very stable, easy to use, has an offline app.

Response from Epignosis

Sandra, we are so happy to read that our support team have exceeded your expectations and that thanks to TalentLMS you can offer your products to your customers!!

Ron

Fantastic LMS for the Price

Reviewed on 9/12/2020

Overall, I give this LMS five stars. You won't find this many features in an LMS at this price. Trust me, I've tried. TalentLMS support is great too. They are very responsive.

Pros

TalentLMS provides an abundance of customization options, right down to a customized landing page. The automation and notifications are a big plus and are not usually found at this price point. We were even able to set up a custom domain. I was able to migrate over fifty video courses and tests from our previous LMS within a couple weeks, by myself! TalentLMS has three times the features of our previous LMS for a far more reasonable price. I've been in high tech management for thirty years and this was one of the best decisions I've made.

Cons

The key feature that we're waiting for is the ability to issue a certificate after the completion of a group of courses. We got around this by issuing points for courses completed. When the points hit a certain level, an admin is notified and they manually issue the certificate. Not ideal but our training volume is low enough that this work around is manageable.

Reasons for Choosing TalentLMS

Mindflash kept raising their prices and the feature set wasn't very good. We're a small shop and there wasn't sufficient value for the money.

Trakstar Learn

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS

TalentLMS just has better features for the price. We don't charge for our training. We provide it to customers and partners for free. Some of the other LMS tools had cool features but, the pricing was way to high for the value.

Response from Epignosis

Thanks for your review and valued feedback, Ron! Hearing that choosing TalentLMS has been one of the best decisions you've made in a 30 year career is a nice reminder of why we do what we do here at TalentLMS. Our team is always working to improve the TalentLMS experience, so please do reach out to our support team with any feedback you may have in the future. Cheers!

Andy
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Talent LMS

Reviewed on 24/1/2023

One of the advantages is to train multiple people at once with sometimes different training modules. With the fast turnaround of employees it is difficult to think of other ways to keep up. Also recruitment of employees is made easy and fair.

Pros

Easy of use, support and reasonable cost.

Cons

During the training some trainees managed to use the "Incomplete" Button and then Resume to retry the question many times until pass. It was in a way resolved by opening the course in a new window but some find it difficult to manage.

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS

I liked talent LMS due to the ease of use and technical support right from the start. Not that we needed a lot of support as the software help is useful and the system is easy to understand.

Response from Epignosis

Andy we couldn't be happier to hear that after trying Docebo, you chose to deliver your training with TalentLMS because you found it easy to use and reasonably priced! Thanks also for your kind words about our support team; they will appreciate it!

Liz
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

TalentLMS - a great solution for bringing learning online to customers

Reviewed on 10/12/2020

It's been excellent overall and it has helped us to build a successful online business and respond quickly to our clients' needs.

Pros

The software is easy to work with and simple to deploy. One of the most important features for us was the ability to create separate branches for our clients. We can customize the branches to our clients' needs and it is fast and easy to set up. This enables us to be very responsive to our clients.

The customer support has been excellent throughout our two year experience of using this product.

Cons

It's hard to find anything to add here. A small thing is that we'd like to be able to turn off or on the gamification feature at the branch level.

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS

Simplicity of use, customer service and value for money.

Response from Epignosis

Liz, it's great to hear that you've been able to use TalentLMS over the past 2 years to respond to your clients' changing needs and consistently delivering solid, customized experiences for your clients.

Laura
Laura
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

This tool helps users to get trained quickly

Reviewed on 6/9/2023

To make the learning experience more tailored to the needs of the company, TalentLMS allows them to brand the platform with their own logo, colors, and domain.

Pros

Support for multimedia content, tests, quizzes, and certifications are just some of the features that make course creation and administration simple with this platform. Video, SCORM, PowerPoint, and other course materials are all supported.

Cons

Practically everything serves its intended purpose, and I've had no trouble doing what I set out to do. Using it on a bigger scale can present some difficulties, but the administration tools have been straightforward so far.

Marco
Marco
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals
  • Used Monthly for Free Trial

Flexible starting solution for e-learning implementation

Reviewed on 11/6/2020

We just started with the free trial with this LMS to implement an e-learning project in our organization. We found in TalentLMS the most affordable option for the first stage of the project (100 users or less).

Pros

- Flexible and accessible pricing model
- Intuitive and clean administrative menu
- Ideal for small-medium organization
- SCORM standard supported

Cons

- Newer and less popular than other platforms
- Support to foreign languages support can be extended

Reasons for Choosing TalentLMS

Docebo price model is not so flexible (300 user as minimum billing option).

Docebo

Response from Epignosis

Hi Marco, we're happy to hear that you've selected TalentLMS as your new LMS. As your training needs grow, you'll find that TalentLMS can grow with you based on the flexible pricing model. If you need any support with the software along the way, our support team is always on-hand to help!

Beth

Highly recommended LMS for small business

Reviewed on 17/9/2019

Highly positive experience from set-up though daily user experience.

Highly positive experience from set-up though daily user experience.

Pros

Price is very reasonable and customer service is outstanding. Our team was able to set-up and launch the platform in just a few weeks.

Cons

It lacks some customization features, but is very easy to set-up and can do nearly everything we need it to do.

Accord LMS

Reasons for Choosing TalentLMS

Poor customer service and too expensive for a smaller business.

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS

User interface was the best and the price was very reasonable.

Response from Epignosis

Glad to hear that setting up and working with TalentLMS has been nice and easy, Beth! Should you ever have any feedback on ways we can improve, our support team would love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback!

Kevin

A year of language teaching with Talent LMS in a Japanese university

Reviewed on 3/12/2021

It has been very easy for me to get this moving and I feel motivated to continue. It is easy to have students upload audio and video assignments, and there have been no complaints from students at all.

Pros

Very easy to get started, stable and reliable, excellent support and receptivity to feedback.

Cons

I’d like text formatting to be easier and more flexible, and it could be easier to integrate audio files into language teaching exercises. The software has not been designed with language teaching in mind, but there is a lot of potential for it to be so used. It could perhaps be easier to check exactly what the learners themselves are seeing on different devices and with different language settings.

Claris FileMaker

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS

I’ve developed a lot of Filemaker tools for producing worksheets, and even developed a prototype LMS using Filemker, but haven’t had the know-how or resources to go further.

Response from Epignosis

Kevin, thanks for sharing your ideas on how to make TalentLMS even better. We love hearing from our users on how to improve the platform! Thank you also for your kind words on our support team. Be sure that they will always be here to back you up when you need help!

Christian

A step above the rest

Reviewed on 2/12/2020

Overall it has been a very pleasant experience, so much so, we just upgraded for a free trial to the standard package. Looking forward to the possibilities that lie ahead.

Pros

It is very easy to use and become familiar with the features. Our students, mostly children aged 8-15 love the Gamification aspect and earning certificates and badges.

Cons

It is somewhat time consuming to create our courses... It could definitely be the way we are building them. It would be nice to see a preview of previously uploaded images for easy selection and reuse.

Articulate 360

Pricing

Articulate 360

Reasons for Switching to TalentLMS

Pricing and ability to use a free trial to test the product.

Response from Epignosis

Christian, thanks for making the switch from Articulate 360 to TalentLMS! Great to hear that your younger learners are enjoying the gamification aspect! As you continue to build your training offering, do check our the TalentLMS Knowledge Base for useful tips and of course you can reach out to our trusty support team if you need any help along the way!

Brandi

Exactly what we were looking for

Reviewed on 6/10/2019

We have searched for a long time time (over 6 months) for an LMS that meets all of our needs as a brand new startup with limited funds but certain functionality requirements. TalentLMS so far has met all of those needs. We are very pleased!

Pros

Love the ease of use and that it is very user-friendly. Anyone with a little knowledge of LMS functionality can easily set up their school. Love that it integrates easily with Shopify and ZOOM - our two most critical features. The pricing is immensely better than any other LMS we looked at and we looked an MANY! We have been using TalentLMS for about 2 months now and so far everything has been seamless.

Cons

The only thing I've encountered that isn't great is the lack of live, chat support. But that hasn't been a major issue because the email support is great.

Response from Epignosis

Brandi, reviews like yours make us super-proud! We're so thrilled to hear that after what can be a very long and tedious search, that TalentLMS is meeting your needs and exceeding your expectations. Should you need any help along the way, our support team is always on-hand to guide you as needed (it's great to hear that our Support team gets a gold star from you, but if you should ever crave the immediacy of live chat down the track, this is available on our Premium plans). We promise to work hard and keep providing you the seamless experience you're enjoying!

Louise
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Overall it is good.

Reviewed on 9/10/2020

Pros

I was looking for a LMS solution for our business. We are a product marketing consulting firm. I tried many other LMS, but eventually I chose the TalentLMS as our LMS solution. I'm going to talk about a few things I really like about it:

1. The notion of hierarchy/branches: It is really important for us, because we are have different clients/customers. They are different companies. With TalentLMS, we can set up branches for them if we want to. And for a client, within their organization, you can set up groups for them.

2. The price is reasonable compare to other companies offering same product. However, single-sign-on is only available for Basic Plan and up. I contacted the team asking about if it is possible to do "Starter Plan + SSO paid feature", they said that's not an option. But you can do "Starter Plan + SSL (if you white labeled and mapped your own domain)". It does not make sense for us right now to upgrade straight away to Basic Plan just because we want the SSO, because we don't have that many users.

3. It is good that you can setup to automatically deactivate a account after a certain time, for example, when their subscription of your course is up.

Cons

It is quite a lot of work to change the signing in/ signing up page, you have to make things from scratch with HTML, CSS and Javascript. It would be nice if there are some easier way or some out of box option for that.

For Starter Plan and below, to contact support team, the only way is send them emails, there's no live chat options. It would be nice if they can do that.

Response from Epignosis

Reviews and Responses_from June 2019
Reviews and Responses_from June 2019

Thanks for your review, Louise. We agree, branches are a great way to set up unique and customized learning experiences for different clients or audiences, so we're super happy to hear you're making good use of that function of TalentLMS! Our support team is always on-hand to assist you with things like customizing your sign-in page and sharing our how-to guides if you need assistance with anything as you go!
Screen reader support enabled.

Siniša

Versatile, feature-rich and simple to use

Reviewed on 8/11/2020

Pros

It's very easy to start creating content and courses. Authoring is very easy and there is not much out there that you cannot use as a lesson unit content - Plain text, HTML text, PDF, Video, Images, Tests, SCORM, flash-object, external resources using iframe, and more. There's even a video conferencing feature.
Branches feature enables B2B agencies to use TalentLMS as a multi-tenant e-learning platform for their customers, a feature I was particularly looking for. It has a powerful, fine-grained User Permission system, with users assigned to Group and Branches to easily follow any organizational structure.
Another powerful feature is the automation engine allowing you to automate course assignment and user management.
HR managers can find also very useful, with course monitoring and powerful reporting tools. There's also a notification system that can alert users of the approaching re-certification due date, which can be handy when compliance is required.
Pricing is also something that I've considered and found it to be very fair.

Cons

Nothing particular except, and this is the case for almost all SAAS platforms, the API is not following the platform's update rate so there are some features missing in API payload that can frustrate you if you're planning to use API for integration or your front-end. For example, you can fetch ILT units but the payload does not contain the information about still available seats, just the capacity. Another example would be the feature that allows some lessons or units to be previewed before purchase, but if you fetch the lesson with API, there is no information on which units are free to preview. The units, in general, have quite limited information that you can display on your front-end using API.

Thomas

The ultimate platform for online knowledge dissemination

Reviewed on 9/4/2021

Today, after more than a year of using the TalentLMS platform, I have the duty to underline its multiple advantages that it has offered us in terms of digital training of researchers and employees of some companies in the process of data collection and processing. The platform allows to create and manage efficiently multiform online courses (videogrammed, textual or oral courses). With its three interfaces (administrator, trainer and learner), courses can be set up according to the desired options and uploaded according to the objectives set over time. In addition, the TalentLMS platform has a very well-designed and sophisticated interface in terms of course presentation. TalentLMS allows, thanks to its combination with Gotomeeting or Zoom, to provide very high quality videoconferenced courses. In addition, its combination with Salesforce makes it possible to better manage its courses in online sales.

Pros

Simple, easy and very practical site to use for online training. It is more flexible and more adapted to professional training models for all categories of targets to be trained.

Cons

We have not yet found any shortcomings in the use of this site for creating digital courses, although the general criticism of this site is that it does not perform well in terms of customisation.

Response from Epignosis

What a great review Thomas, thank you so much! You really made our day. It is amazing to hear that you find TalentLMS flexible and easy to use thanks to its vast array of features. Knowing that you switched to TalentLMS after having tried CrossKnowledge training Learning Suite because we have advanced customisation possibility is a great reward to us!

Lisa
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Great LMS!

Reviewed on 22/12/2021

Excellent. Sadly, mid-2021 we switched to a comprehensive Coalition Management System which includes and LMS among other management systems. We are phasing out of TalentLMS and I'm sad! Many features in TalentLMS have spoiled us for other LMS's where features and flexibility are lacking. Our customer support at TalentLMS are phenomenal!

Pros

TalentLMS is easy to use for learners, instructors, and admin alike. The ability to import not only users to TalentLMS but also to import user changes and assign courses, groups, branches, etc. by import is excellent. The user-interface is top-notch as well. Navigation throughout is smooth and intuitive. Creating course certificates was clunky at first, but compared to other LMS's TalentLMS offers more flexibility. Data and summary graphics are great in TalentLMS, too. A deciding factor for us was also no minimum annual membership. I also must say customer service was great -- both when we had the basic 500-user plan and when we bumped up to the 1000-user plan. Always professional and friendly and knowledgeable.

Cons

We preferred user registration for courses external to TalentLMS and importing learners as opposed to direct registration by users to a course in TalentLMS. One reason for this was a user creating an account and filling in loads of custom fields only to be told at the end their email/userID already existed in the system. Branches were a bit confusing to learners and others. Certificates being tied to courses without the ability to tie a certificate to a learner was frustrating for us because various learners completing online learning might each have various output for their certificates. We ended up with loads of courses just for the purpose of certificate issuance. Event automation and notifications was somewhat complicated to learn and many an automatic email was sent in error.

Response from Epignosis

Lisa, thank you for taking the time to review TalentLMS. We are glad to read you found the user experience on the platform to be a smooth one. We are sad to see you go due to your company's switch to a CMS, but you can trust that TalentLMS and it's top-notch support team will be here for you if you decide to come back to us!

• Industry: Computer Networking

TalentLMS is exactly what we've been looking for, but wish we'd found it sooner!

Reviewed on 8/7/2018

A simple and affordable solution to our ongoing LMS development challenges.

A simple and affordable solution to our ongoing LMS development challenges.

Pros

TalentLMS offers all of the features that we created in our own LMS, plus all of the features we planned to implement and lots more. The best parts are the simple setup and configuration, and the ability to quickly switch between different roles; no more individual accounts for a administrator, instructor, and learner.

As an instructor, building courses is a doddle. Choosing content types and adding material is streamlined and methodical. There is plenty of content types to choose from, and I particularly like the ability to bundle instructor-led training into a course because this fits our certification model perfectly.

Of course, any decent LMS will support SCORM and the xAPI, but TalentLMS goes one further and handles CMI5 packaging and credential handshaking, too. I'm also impressed with the highly configurable gamification settings, which can be tuned to our training market perfectly.

Overall I am impressed with the presentation and usability of the platform. There is, of course, plenty of room for improvement and expansion, but for its affordable price we couldn't want for more in an LMS for our start-up.

Cons

I would like to see more control for language variations. Some of our courses will be provided in multiple languages and it would be great to partition course material by language. We currently use a custom course field to hold a BCP47 language code, but there is little more we can do at the moment to prevent a de-DE user from seeing (by default) content that is for fr-FR, zh-CN, or sl-SI, for example. I would be happy to consult on this request because internationalisation, localisation, and language is my profession.

I have found the WordPress API to be lacking in features and customisation. It would be convenient, even in the simplest of terms, to list courses in horizontal tiles instead of a vertical list, which isn't pretty.

Lastly, it would be great if TalentLMS could provide access to the catalogue for unregistered users (or people that have not signed in) for a selection of courses or lessons. We offer free courses or free lessons to help advertise the service and attract new instructors and learners, so it would be great if we could pick and choose free courses (or courses/lessons marked as "Taster" sessions) to be accessible by anyone without signing in.

Response from Epignosis

Hello, and thanks for the positive review and comprehensive feedback. We strive to make our LMS as flexible and feature-rich as possible while keeping it affordable and easy to use, so it's exciting to hear we've succeeded! Regarding some of your suggestions, TalentLMS lets you display courses in grid mode (on instructor and learner homepages, and on the course catalog), show an external catalog to non-registered users, and share courses for free through a public URL. Please, feel free to add any other suggestions to our knowledge base or contact our support team to work out a solution. Thanks again!

Michael

Talented approach to T & D

Reviewed on 20/3/2017

From the moment I began to investigate TalentLMS I knew this was a fresh approach to an age old problem: How to motivate employees to compete with themselves. The platform is simple and powerful. Reliable and refreshing. It's my favorite and I've seen way too many learning platforms. It's built on an engine, but it has the flexibility a good instructional designer needs to customize the learning experience. Mobile friendly and robust. Great detailed and customizable reporting...and badges and progress infographics. I could go on, but I gush. I'm just a client, but I feel part of this great team. The best.

Pros

Great design.
Powerful LMS administration tools...easily accessible.
Intuitive for the learner, instructor and administrator.
Highly customizable, with branches that can be branded for teams, departments or even different products. Easy to replicate learning objects for different users.
Personalization for system and course communication.
Responsive support.
Great culture.

Cons

One of their strengths is a weakness. The platform is cloud-based so updates are easy and keep the platform working effectively with little or no administrative intervention. But some of the updates can affect third party integrations. When updates come through, administrators should be informed of potential incompatibilities and plan for the update. I am confident that updates will be done with advanced notice in the future. They are responsive to feedback too!
One more thing, I wish it could read my mind.

Response from Epignosis

Hi Michael, We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and we are so glad that you are pleased with TalentLMS! Detailing the areas on which we can improve on really does help us to make TalentLMS better so we are thankful to hear that too. Many thanks :)

Maria

Very disappointmented

Reviewed on 21/10/2021

Since I was seeing great reviews, and was very happy with the usability of the platform when trining it, I dived in, with a client. I have to say that we've lost a ton of time fixing basic issues. We are locked in this LMS for now but I don't think I can ever recommend it again before there are major changes. The pricing was very appealing for not profit organizations but the time we spent fixing issues would have make buying a solid LMS worth. It's really ok if you need to only use external content, but I'd advise not to build anything in Talent.

Pros

I did like the look and feel of the user side landing page and course layout. For now, we are missing some data for gamification but otherwise the reports seems to work pretty well.

Cons

The editor is terrible. Not only the capacities are very limited ( example: you can't select a font size), the alignment are dysfunctional , there would be random cut and line jump in all the sentences, the layout would constantly be broken in the editor, but also in the quiz editor. That's the main problem but we had many more that couldn't be solved, so we used external tools. There is no way for a instructor to know if an email has been answered by other instructors unless it becomes a group message, which make collaborative work difficult. It's not possible to plan a release date for course content, only an amount out time between classes and it makes dealing with groups very difficult.

Response from Epignosis

Maria, thank you for your honest feedback. We are sorry to hear TalentLMS doesn't fit your needs. We know that finding an LMS to suit all your needs is a tricky process, and this is one of the reasons why TalentLMS offers a forever free plan: to make sure that you will pay for something you really need when you decide to upgrade. Regarding the editor, know that our developers team is working on improving it to make it more robust!

Ahmed

One of the best LMS out there!

Reviewed on 21/8/2023

Amazing experience.

Amazing experience.

Pros

I have been an intensive user of Talent LMS. I have been using it for more than 3 years now and with many clients. I love its UI and its back-end and how easy it is to navigate its different pages and build content and courses. I believe reporting is one of the strongest points in Talent LMS, as you can get any piece of data easily and in a visual format.

Cons

Its Home Page customization. There is little to do actually in terms of doing some visually attractive Landing/ Home pages with simple animation stuff as a font end of the system. You can only add a number of static designed images. I believe there is a room for improvement here.

Response from Epignosis

Hi Ahmed, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us, and kudos on your 3 years of using TalentLMS! We’re glad you’re finding Reports as useful as you do, we know that clean training data is important. As for Home Page customization, there are a few things you can try out: https://help.talentlms.com/hc/en-us/articles/360014658333-How-to-customize-your-homepage Apart from that, we’re also hard at work on a modernization of the current UI and its features in the form of TalentLMS+ Beta, and we’ll have a lot more to share with you in 2024, so stay tuned!

Ashley

Great product for internal/external professional development

Reviewed on 2/12/2021

Overall, TalentLMS has truly been a game changer for our program. We currently only offer external professional development for educators, but we are planning to implement internal trainings through TalentLMS in the coming months. I absolutely love the TalentLMS Library with ready-made soft-skills courses available, and I can't wait to offer these to our on-campus employees. Again, TalentLMS has made my job that much easier, and I can't thank them enough!

Pros

Automation! We moved from a system that required a lot of tedious steps. Once we switched to TalentLMS, we were able to automate almost every single step. It has saved us so much time and energy, and our participants greatly appreciate how quickly and smoothly the process runs now. Thank you for making my job that much easier, TalentLMS!

Cons

The biggest drawback has been the inability to have changing certification values. For instance, our program offers CEUs for teachers - they can earn CEUs through their school district's programming, then get their certificate through us with TalentLMS. However, each teacher may earn a different amount of CEUs throughout the year. As far as I know, there is a not a way to change the value on the certificate based on the credit earned (besides creating dozens of individual certificates for them to choose from). I wish there was a feature that allowed participants to enter the amount of credit earned and allow that value to be added to the certificate automatically.

Response from Epignosis

Ashley, we love hearing that TalentLMS has made your life easier thanks to its automation capabilities! It is also wonderful knowing that you are enjoying the ready-made courses available on TalentLibrary! Thank you for sharing your insights with us!

RAKESH
RAKESH
  • Industry: Management Consulting

It's a great platform and ticks all the boxes for an ideal e-learning platform.

Reviewed on 30/6/2018

Pros

I chose TalentLMS after evaluating about a dozen alternatives. More than half of them were ruled out either because they were too expensive without anything to justify the extravagant price or because they required you to fill out a form just to get a product demo and pricing. Among the affordable options, I had to struggle with even the sign-up process with a few and hence they went out of reckoning too. Frustrated, I tried TalentLMS willy nilly because it offered in free plan what some of the marquee names don't even in their pricey plans (e.g. custom domain mapping) and it was so easy to use, I just got drawn deeper and addicted to it in first two days and had no reason to look back. Customer support is among the best I've experienced not just among cloud applications but among all products and service categories I've ever used.

Cons

I have no control over my content's visibility to SEO. I would have liked to have at least my sample units and courses SEO-optimized. TalentLMS seems to advise us to start a blog in order to promote our courses which is understandable but if it allowed our already-created content to be blogged somehow, that would avoid duplicity of effort. Secondly, I can't export my e-learning content in SCORM-compatible format.

Response from Epignosis

Greetings, Rakesh! We're very excited to hear that you chose TalentLMS over many other learning management solutions. We've made sure our free plan is one of the most feature-rich out there, so that clients can test our product in real training scenarios before upgrading to a paid plan. We¿re also very proud of our support team, so hearing our clients confirm it always brings a smile to our face. Thanks for the love! Don't forget to visit our knowledge base and share your ideas for making TalentLMS better.

Ernesto

Easy to implement, exceptionally good customer service, very stable and reliable

Reviewed on 24/1/2023

Pros

- Modern design- Straight forward to use - Basic course builder included- very stable- Tons of reporting capabilities - Engaging gamification- Amazing customer success support- Great value proposition

Cons

- Course builder is very basic- Reporting graphics only slightly configureable- no auto log out if users in course = time reporting issue- no option for centralized polls

Response from Epignosis

Ernesto, thanks for your thorough review of TalentLMS. We love hearing that you find the platform to be very stable and that you are enjoying the reporting capabilities offered! Thanks also for your thoughts on creating centralized polls. We passed it on to our research team!