Teamwork

Work and project management software that works for you.

4.5/5
4.3/5
4.3/5
4.5/5

692 Software options

Brett G.

Productivity in full effect

Reviewed on 21/12/2017

Pros

Teamwork is great for not only a team of people, but for the individual user as well. I run a small accounting business and I'm my only employee. Teamwork allows me to set up tasks and projects that are both one-off tasks and regularly reoccurring tasks. As I check off the tasks that need to be done today, I can look forward to the rest of the week and get a good reminder of what is coming up. It also allows me to invite clients into the tasks so they can see the status of where I am at in a project we have agreed upon. They can upload documents, make comments. I can use a basic time-tracking tool to make sure I'm not estimating my time spent incorrectly. The extra time I have to spend upfront to get the tasks and templates created is well worth the time when a new client comes along. I don't have to recreate the wheel, or think extra hard at remember what I did last time. I can simply apply a template of tasks for any given project that is needed and we are set and rolling! This is one of the best tools I've discovered for running my practice.

Cons

For tasks that are set as reoccurring, their display of the tasks isn't the best. I click the task as complete and it immediately populates the next instance of that task right below the one I completed. I have to pay special attention to the tasks for this reason when checking stuff off. I have often checked the next month's task off after clearing the current one. When I uncheck the following month's task as actually not completed, it does not remember the future events that were created, thus making my task list look much larger than it actually is.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there,

Sophie A.

Great for tasking, mediocre to terrible at everything else

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Teamwork excels at tasking and basic project management, but don't count on it for any company or portfolio insights and/or big picture views.

This is a good tool for small teams that worry about pipeline and traffic control but not for large interconnected teams that require account management, efficiency evaluation or budget oversight.

Pros

The UI is very intuitive and clear.
Actions around tasks have short paths to complete and work well.
The features for tasking are useful and easy to work with.
The knowledge base covers almost every topic and support is responsive, friendly and helpful.

Cons

The reporting tools are basically non-existent and any historical evaluation of data almost impossible.
Teamwork does not distinguish or allow to filter for late tasks historically, which means once a task/milestone is completed it becomes impossible to tell if that task was late or on time.
This makes tracking efficiency and employee performance impossible as we do not know if tasks are on time in general and where the bottleneck lie.

Similarly not being able to construct dashboards and manipulate data around time, late tasks, etc. for teams rather than projects hampers decision-making.

Compared to something like Celoxis or even Jira which for example allows to compare any data with custom scripts etc, Teamwork feels incredibly inflexible and dated to have to export excel sheets to manipulate and evaluate data.

Our account managers are not able to find out if they are doing good or not on a specific account as data can not really be filtered and displayed that way either.

Asana, monday.com and Adobe Workfront

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork

Tool incompatible with teams.

Celoxis

Cost and team buy-in

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Sophie,

Thanks for your review of Teamwork.

We apologise for the issues you have experienced with our product. Could you email us at [email protected] so we can try resolve these problems?

• Industry: Environmental Services

Great Functionality, Extremely Versatile

Reviewed on 22/7/2020

Excellent, we have been able to collaborate more closely and effectively on projects remotely which has been very helpful these past few months with most of oyr staff woring from home.

Pros

Teamwork.com has far more features than previous project management software we have tried. The GANTT chart function is superb and we have also been able to maintain easily searchable research archives for several ongoing project. Teamwork also allows us to invite partners from outside our team to view projects which had been an issue with previous softwares we tried.

Cons

Setting up and inviting new users to collaborate on projects has proved to be a little confusing at times but once they are set up everything works smoothly.

Asana and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork

Teamwork had more functionality than Asana and Asana had poor customer service.

Asana

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork

Functionality and price, teamwork.com was by far the best option.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there,

Thanks for your review of Teamwork - we are delighted you are enjoying our product''s features and versatility!

If you ever need any assistance with setting up users, please don't hesitate to contact us at [email protected] so we can help you with this.

Tyler H.

A Cost Effective, Easy-to-use Task Master

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Teamwork has been a great choice for our team that allowed us to effectively manage a diverse workload and do so for a very reasonable cost. Teamwork has committed to adding useful features over time and the team at Teamwork has been a joy to work with. From the sales team to technical support, the responsiveness and dedication from the crew at Teamwork has been fantastic.

Pros

If you need budget-friendly software to set up, track and manage custom projects and task lists to keep your team organized, Teamwork can be a great fit. It's super easy to use and requires minimal training for a team to get started. The software is not trying to be everything for everyone which makes it highly intuitive and great at capturing the essentials for managing projects.

Cons

If your primary goal for project management software is robust project profitability tracking/reporting, Teamwork may not be for you. Recent feature additions for resource management provide some insights on capacity, but it does not provide the comprehensive reporting and analysis that other products provide.

Smartsheet, Basecamp and Wrike

Cost

Mavenlink

Cost and feature fit

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Tyler,

Thanks for the great review of Teamwork, we really appreciate it!

I've noted your feedback on our resource management feature and will pass this onto the team.

Tim R.

Simply the best

Reviewed on 20/10/2020

Overall, Teamwork has completely changed the way our agency does project management. Collaboration, transparency and efficiency are all up and it's all thanks to Teamwork. Their Support staff is excellent and the software is wonderful.

Pros

Easy to use interface
Many integrations available
Reliable

Cons

File storage runs out quickly
Many features we simply do not use

Asana and Redbooth

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork

Antiquated and outdated. Needed something more modern and robust

TaskRay

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork

Better price, more features.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Tim,

Thanks for your review of Teamwork. We are delighted to hear you are enjoying the integration aspect our product.

I've noted your issues with file storage and will pass this onto the developer team.

James C.

Review of teamwork

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

Overall, it's a great product. Once all the creases are ironed out, it is probably the best on the market for the price.

Pros

There are a couple of great things about this software. The first are the free collaborator & client accounts. Having these allows us to work with companies with many employees, without having to change them more for more users. This feature allows us to collaborate a lot quicker than on email with our clients and achieve greater results. The other is the time tracking. With the ability to estimate and track time, we can easily plan our weeks ahead & see what projects we can fit in and when.

Cons

There are still a few features that aren't working as well as they should do. The workload piece is quite buggy, and has caused us several issues overloading work in a particular week when there isn't enough time. Having mentioned this, we were told not enough people have brought this to their attention so they won't be fixing this...it also takes a long time sometimes to hear back.

Asana and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork

Teamwork offered a lot more features that were better for us to work more efficiently.

Hive

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork

It was more cost effective and seems more fit for a marketing agency's needs.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi James,

Thanks for such a detailed review of Teamwork, we really appreciate it.

I'm sorry to hear you about the issues you have been experiencing - could you contact us at [email protected] to look into this?

Nicci B.

Teamwork Support

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

We've been able to make far better business decisions now that we have Teamwork. We can see how long it takes to deliver work, identify bottlenecks and inefficiencies, whether our clients are profitable, our staff are working within a reasonable level of capacity. The amount of visibility we have over project health now is greater than ever before.

Pros

What I love about Teamwork is how easy it is to use and navigate. Training new members of staff on the system is really quick and easy as the system is so user friendly. The tasks are easy to find, easy to interact with, deadlines and priorities really clear, which makes it so much easier to manage from a project management perspective.

Cons

We do struggle to get reports out of the system in an automated or less manual way, particularly the billing side of the system. We're working on a way to integrate Teamwork with Data Studio so that live information is available quickly and simply for us, but it is taking us a lot of time.

ProWorkflow and Mavenlink

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork

We struggled to have visibility of deadlines and task requirements, and had almost no visibility of capacity in order to resource accurately.

WorkflowMax

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork

We had a long list of requirements that we needed from a PM system, and ultimately Teamwork out performed the other systems and was priced far more reasonably.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Nicci,

Thanks for your review of Teamwork - we love to see a 10/10 rating!

If you need further assistance with reporting, our support team are available to help at [email protected]

Irfan A.

One of the Best Project Management Tool I have recently come across

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

I am pretty happy with overall usage especially because of a lot of issues are being solved simultaneously in our team and especially because we have team across continents.

Pros

- Teamwork projects is one of the best project management tools available to date because of having so many features and one of my favorite feature is time logging and making time billable and non billable plus invoicing that is just a bonus in a project management tool.
- Feature of assigning one task to multiple users is also a huge plus this way all team members can log their hours to the task and are always updated about progress via notifications
- Notifications in the system are also very simple and I would say complete and easy
- Its communication ability via comments among team is brilliant and for us especially because we work in different time zones posting comments is easy when we want other team members to know something about the task or have a questions
- Creation of notebooks is another great feature of Teamwork Projects because that way all of our team members can always be on the same page
- Activity log is great and very very usable feature too
- Sub-task feature is the one which is very beneficial and is really helpful in breaking bigger tasks in smaller sub tasks

Cons

- Though the tool is pretty straight forward but I still feel it has huge improvement gap in User Interface
- Logging time is a bit confusing and needs some learning. I think it can be improved as well
- Reporting is good enough but I think can be enhanced and more reports can be added too

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Irfan,

Thanks for a great review of Teamwork - it's always great to see a 10/10 score!

Our product team loves to get creative with Teamwork's features - so they'll be delighted with this feedback.

I've noted your comments on user interface and reporting and will pass this onto the design team to look into this further.

Don't forget to stay in touch with us at [email protected] if you ever need anything.

Philip T.
  • Industry: Higher Education

Enough structure to encourage good project management practices

Reviewed on 4/6/2019

Our overall experience is very positive. We have used it on website design and development and web application projects. In both cases team members are documenting and managing their work more effectively. There are still features we haven't got around to using, but that is always a challenge when you are adopting a new product. You need to balance the need to document and track with operational demands.

Pros

On that spectrum of project management products with collaboration tools at one end and products for managing large enterprise projects at the other, this product fits somewhere in the middle. It has more structure than products like Asana or Trello (we have used both of these), but is still very flexible, allowing you to organize your projects and tasks using categories, portfolios and tags. Powerful filtering extracts the specific tasks you need for reporting purposes. Milestones, estimates, risks, comments and other features allow you to keep everything in one place, if you wish to. The API allows us to submit tagged client requests directly into the product, which is very useful.

Cons

Occasional feature updates can modify the user experience, but that is true of all cloud-based SaaS products. There is really nothing negative I can think of.

Asana, Trello and Wrike

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork

The degree of structure combined with the features we needed being included in the base product rather than the "3rd party integrations" purchase model that some of these other products use.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there Philip,

Thank you for the feedback on Teamwork Projects. Our team loved hearing that Teamwork Projects has given you more structure in your work but still remaining flexible in use.

We do understand your note on the feature updates. We try to keep disruption to a minimum, but your satisfaction is always our main aim!

Make sure to stay in touch with us on [email protected] if you ever have any issues or would like to submit a feature request, or just want to share the #teamworklove with the team.

Nancy at Teamwork

Josh O.

Very Robust Project Management Platform

Reviewed on 16/10/2018

Pros

We've used TeamWork for years and it's great in many ways. First, it's our living To-Do list where all tasks can be organized by project, goal, team, etc across the company. Everyone can comment and communicate through the task threads (which sync to email). The ability to chain tasks together is one of the best features (and at times has been the main reason we didn't switch to other platforms). When Task A is checked off, it notifies via email the person in charge of the next task in the chain. This keeps work moving, and that's the biggest help.

It also connects to Drive to store relevant files alongside tasks and logs team time for billing. You can give limited view access to clients if you need to.

Cons

I would say that the main downfall is that I can't accurately predict my team's workload week to week. The tasks can be chained together and given start/end dates, etc but when it comes to how all those assignments and their estimated times apply to my employees' work week, there's very little functionality to forecast this. I would love to be able to drag a task that is estimated for 2 hours to an employee's calendar and stack these up to see how their week fills up. Can't do anything like that. Best they have is a blanket 'workload' view that shows how many estimated hours are calculated for tasks that start or end in a given week. But when you have 30 projects and 100s of tasks floating around, it gets cumbersome to organize everyone's efforts.

TL;DR : Great for planning project tasks/deliverables, but not so much for managing staff schedules/workload.

There aren't many options for learning how best to use the program, actually, which is frustrating for a small startup just figuring things out. Their training videos are basic and support pros don't really help you customize the tool to fit your unique business organization needs. They refer you to third party professionals for consulting on that front. I've had to hunt down how-to's and advice elsewhere. That said, their tech support tickets are usually addressed fairly quickly, but I've gotten the same message reply many times "Yes that's a great feature, but we don't offer it yet."

Also, my personal pet peeve about TeamWork PM, is the mobile app sucks. The desktop interface is great (plenty of drag and drop ease of use) but the mobile version is clunky and much less organized or helpful in terms of viewing my team's workload and task sorting.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there,

Vernessa T.
  • Used for 2+ years

TeamWork Projects Incorporates Project Notebooks, Customer Portal and OS-Agnostic Desktop Timer

Reviewed on 12/8/2018

Overall, TeamWork (formerly TeamworkPM) is worth the monthly or annual fee. I've used TeamWork for more than 8 years and while I don't have a need to use it daily, I go to it for special projects and when I need a different kind of project control than I get with Apptivo.

The interface is pretty, with soothing colors.

The TeamWork crew creates excellent help documentation that's easily found in a comprehensive knowledgebase, they now have some full-fledged free online courses, and they included a customer support and feedback system within the dashboard.

And then there's this:

Transparency via a visual roadmap and update system on the TeamWork website that actually gets updated on a regular basis. Yes, I like skipping over to the website to see what are the latest fixes and what goodies they're planning.

Pros

Whiteboards are great but even the developers of TeamWork Projects (formerly TeamworkPM) were tired of trying to make them do the work of a real project management system. That's how I came across TeamWork Projects 8 years ago -- tossing aside the whiteboards and comparing online project management applications. TeamWork ultimately rose to the top because it either includes features I felt were must-haves or they had those features on the roadmap to deal with in the near future.

TeamWork has task-level time-tracking and incorporates a desktop timer that I use on both my Windows and Linux versions computers.

TeamWork was one of the few online project management applications that incorporated a file manager early on AND had the foresight to include it in the permissions system (important so all stakeholders have access to the files they need). I've used it for mock-ups, contract change-orders, and project photos.

There is a project notebook system that is far superior to a so-called project wiki found in other project managers. I use it to keep notes, format them to look like real documents (not just a bunch of text notes), and export out in a format that is useful to project owners and clients.

This was important enough that it would have been a dealbreaker if it wasn't included: the means to allow stakeholders (especially clients) to log in to see progress on their projects, participate in project-specific discussions, and access project-related files.

Cons

TeamWork's free tier is less generous than some of the other highly rated project management apps.

Keeping up with the times, they've lately added a Kanban view (but it costs extra). But why the boards view is an add-on instead of integrated into the main projects beats me and makes me call this a welcome feature that is also a CON.

Although TeamView has native integrations for GMail, HubSpot, and Harvest, I think it relies too much on its (well-developed and well-documented API) for integrations with the majority of the world of business applications. Of course, there are hundreds of Zapier workarounds. Still, I think TeamWork is strong enough to have better integration and less cobbled recipes.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there,

• Industry: Mental Health Care

Overall Teamwork is very easy to use. A lot of features and options to easily manage projects.

Reviewed on 27/12/2017

Pros

Teamwork provides many features to help manage your project from start to finish. The features are robust and offer flexibility along the way. It's very easy to add users, assign permissions, and assign tasks. To get started, Teamwork offers an easy way to import tasks from an Excel spreadsheet.

The feature I like best is email communication tracking. When you add a comment to a task and send it to the assigned resources, all email responses are automatically captured on the same task. This helps prevent key decisions or conversations from being lost in off line email threads.

For larger projects the Overview (dashboard) is very nice. At a glance, you get a quick overview of the project status and who tasks are assigned to. Additionally, you can drill into most Overview items to get additional information. For example, if you click on Late Tasks, you get a list of all tasks past their assigned due date and the assigned resource.

Cons

Teamwork lacks a few features that would make it easier to use.
- It's difficult to move individual tasks in mass to a new Task List or Sub-Task group. Tasks must be moved individually because you can't select multiple tasks at once. If you have a lot of tasks to move it can be tedious.
- Project reporting capabilities are adequate but not overly robust. Most of the built-in project inquiry features are very good so reporting is not necessary unless you need to produce a report in a PDF format to email. When creating a report, you have pretty good control over what type of tasks are included but what is missing is the ability to select which columns you want or don't want. Additionally, you can't save a report filtering options for future use. You have to reselect your options every time you want to run the same report.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there,

Thank you for your detailed review of Teamwork Projects.

Great to hear that Teamwork Projects is essential to your team to track your projects and much more.

We offer free daily live webinars, by joining our webinars you will learn how to use specific features, find out about Teamwork best practice and hear about new updates. Feel free to join these at anytime, this will also be useful if you are training a new user to use Teamwork Projects https://www.teamwork.com/webinars.

Jessica D.
  • Industry: Online Media

Ease to Use and Continually Evolving

Reviewed on 10/9/2017

It allowed me to manage multiple large projects at 1 time and collaborate with employees that were not heavy users. The ability to have tasks reoccurr and launch new projects from templates freed up staff to focus on other important areas of The business. The same account was used to manage multi service clients efficiently, especially with remote staff. The flexibility of privacy setting truly allowed for complete communication tracking without requiring communications being omitted to ensure a client didn't see it. As an administrator, I am able to take over a user account to manage every aspect of their account. Administrators can limit a users project view to only their assignments, which prevented a user from feeling overwhelmed.

The system is very flexible. Like many other PM systems, outlining how the users are expected to interact with the system is critical. Doing this, allowed me to migrate projects from Central Desktop to Teamwork in a week.

Pros

The UI is simple to understand, the number of efficient features is phenomenal and integrations with enterprise systems like Salesforce are easy to complete.

Cons

There are some small nuances of the search could be better, project specific calendars would be a huge asset and allowing an entire project to be imported by csv would be incredible.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for your review.

Great to hear that you are having a positive experience with a number of our features and with the simplicity of setting up integrations.

We will add the search capabilities and project specific calendars to our feature request list, have a look at our roadmap for upcoming features and developments.

In relation to importing a full project by csv, the following video will show you how to do so using an Excel file https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzGX7yh-4C4

Feel free to get in touch with us at [email protected] if you need.

Wes

Andreas L.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Teamwork Projects - Solid collaborative tool

Reviewed on 23/11/2019

Time to launch for our marketing efforts on new service offerings was the biggest benefit we saw due to the milestones that we were able to track visually.

Pros

The biggest pro is that it allows us to work in transparency amongst the team members while accountability of who owns what in the project. Adding files and snippets of what we are working on added further value than old email chains especially when we are trying to search for them on our HDD! Teamwork also has a milestone feature allowing you to see the bigger picture and then drilling down to take the necessary next steps to complete the project. Reporting is clean - especially on Gantt charts and Kaban boards including Time Tracking built in.

Cons

I still believe the user interface is not as straightforward as some other collaborative tools that I use and only because there are so many features that it will still take some time for buy-in for new users.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for your review of Teamwork Projects. I'm glad that you consider Teamwork as a 'solid collaborative tool' - we couldn't agree more! Work transparency is vital, so we are glad to hear that the software has helped you and your team in this area!

Our interface has recently gone through some improvements with some more improvements not too far down the line for you! Keep an eye on our roadmap: https://www.teamwork.com/roadmap

Hope you're having a nice day!

Shelley M.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

Teamwork Projects takes a village

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

It works okay for us. We are not a group of "techies" so the complexity of TWProjects isn't the best fit for our team overall.

Pros

Teamwork Projects is a multi-faceted project tracking/management app. We are able to communicate and track project progress staff-wide fairly well. Enjoy the in-app chat.

Cons

It seems overly complicated as there are too many ways to do the same things (is it a task? a project? a notebook? a milestone?), which means people on staff manage projects and view them differently, too many view options, too many custom/sort options. Menus change with each function you are working in, but it is not intuitive ("where the heck do I find the option to modify a template?". Searching for help provides results that do not match what we see on our end (there is no TEMPLATES tab within PROJECTS). I am an Admin and I still have trouble navigating.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Shelley,

Thank you for taking the time to review Teamwork Projects. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed the progress tracking and our chat app!

I'm sorry to hear that the navigation is difficult for you and your team. Have you contacted our support team? They will be happy to talk you through the different methods within the software.

In regards to the different management styles, we have found that some companies have developed a guideline for their company when using the software. The software gives people the opportunity to work in multiple ways, so it's just about finding what works best for your company!

Our super support team can be found at [email protected] if you should need any help. I promise that they are the best in the business, or so they tell me anyway!

Have a great day!

Kelly I.

Impressive, robust project management system

Reviewed on 29/3/2017

Not only is Teamwork good with creating tasks for you to keep/to, but creating tasks for your entire team is so simple that I rarely have to talk to my team about the nitty-gritty anymore; giving me time to handle the day-to-day project deadlines. TeamworkProjects has made my life as a project manager so much more simple. Everything (literally everything - files, links, messages, images, notes, ideas...) are all in one place; easily organized and easy to find.

I use Teamwork Projects exclusively for my work base. The integrations with Chome is also a very handy feature in that I can set tasks/reminders for myself and/or send a link to a teammate without leaving the webpage I am one.

Teamwork is one of the most intuitive and powerful managements systems I have used and I highly recommend it to anyone who is working. It can be used for any number of tasks and will save your whole team time and money in the end.

Pros

The ease of use Teamwork has created makes this software simple enough for even non-tech savvy people to quickly understand. The integration into Chrome and TeamworkChat is terrific. The fact I can get updates on my phone keeps me in the loop. I love how easy it is to move projects and/or tasks around to various people in my company. Adding sub tasks and comments is extremely useful. I could go on and on...

Cons

I wish the calendar feature integrated with Outlook beyond a 'read-only' ability.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Kelly,

Thanks so much for the stellar review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it.

I've passed on your words with the rest of the team here and we're all delighted to hear how much Teamwork Projects has helped you and your team become more productive.

If you'd be interested we'd love to work on a case study with you. Simply shoot us a mail to [email protected] if this is something that you'd like to do.

Therese

Freo B.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

Improvement on Project Descriptions

Reviewed on 21/9/2020

Great! The platform can be a one stop shop for all the projects, tasks, email, scheduling and billing.

Pros

It is super detailed and I like it a lot compared to other Project Management Softwares. Great details on each projects and tasks.

Cons

1. It still needs improvement specially on project descriptions part where standard users see quickly or preview the project description in full details or urls/links that can be clickable.

2. Another thing is the downtime or error on loading the pages, our team always encounter lagging or downtime errors specially when they are updating something on the platform and it feels unstable sometimes, hopefully they can check the least hours or days users are using the platform depending on the timezone.

3. Some app integrations are not working properly like slack, it doesn't sync the way it was explained.

ClickUp, monday.com and Notion

Trello is too basic

Trello

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork

Started with free trial and found out that most features that I need is in Teamwork

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Freo,

Thanks for your review of Teamwork - it's great to hear you are enjoying the detail we have put into our software.

We are constantly looking for ways to improve Teamwork - so we really appreciate these suggestions.

Daniel N.

Excellent beginner PM SaaS product

Reviewed on 7/10/2019

I had never used a project management system like this before, and it was a good introduction in how to better organize tasks and team members in a timely manner.

Pros

It helped me organize the project tasks and learn how to use a Gantt chart with dependencies. Support was very quick and helpful

Cons

It could use some better client-facing reporting options, in a case where user would like to share the project progress with the client. Seems mostly tailored to internal company use.

Airtable

Reasons for Choosing Teamwork

Needed a software that provided an option for task dependencies.

Airtable

Reasons for Switching to Teamwork

Task dependencies, Gantt chart, reporting.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Daniel,

Thank you for your review of Teamwork Projects. I'm delighted to hear that it has helped with your organisation and time keeping!

With regards to reporting, we have it covered! It is currently in the progress of being built by our Projects team, have a look at the roadmap here for yourself! - https://www.teamwork.com/roadmap?product=projects.

If you ever have any issues, our 'very quick and helpful' support staff are on hand 24/7 to give you any assistance needed! They are a great bunch, but we may be slightly biased!

Hope you have a nice day!

Raúl fernando G.
  • Industry: Automotive

One of the Best

Reviewed on 6/11/2018

After spending quite some time trying to manage all the projects for every department with documentation and spreadsheets, It was hard to let the teams know which tasks to follow or to review their work, even using cloud sharing software like dropbox. With Teamwork Projects, it was really easy to let them know what was next, send some advice, review files and report to the board the status of every project. It was amazing how things started to move more swiftly and we got rid of tons of emails.

Pros

You don't need to be a technician to be able to use this software. Easy to use, lots of features, can manage multiple projects for your own company or your clients. One of the best features is that you can invite your own client to the project, so your client can see the progress in real time, ask and review the work.
Another great thing is the ability to work locally the Microsoft Office files that are online and they are automatically uploaded once you save.

Cons

It would be great to have some kind of guide or project example, because moving everything to a platform can be a little overwhelming if you don't have much experience. They do have a blog with some suggestions, but when I started I would have loved an example just to see how to arrange everything.
Also, I think the reports could use a little tweak.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there,

Craig H.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

Great product

Reviewed on 29/3/2017

We really find this has helped us centralize and organize work and projects for our company. It is great that we bring clients on so easily to be a part of the process. In our line of work keeping information and communication centralized is very important as small details can have major impacts to cost and timelines. This really has helped with any communication loss.

We really would like to extract more info out of the program easier and are hopeful that is coming so that we can easily sort reports by customer for customers to give them snapshots of their projects.

Pros

Ease of use and ability to onboard employees and clients with very little training. It is intuitive and works well.

Easy to set up new projects and timelines with templates.

Cons

Ability to customize reports would be great and I think that is coming but it is really needed for us to help give reports to specific clients to give them a snapshot of where the products are in the order cycle.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Craig,

Thanks so much for your review. We really appreciate you taking the time to write it. We're delighted to hear that you've had such a positive experience using Teamwork Projects. We are working on improving our reporting at the moment, but in the mean time you can create custom reports by going to the everything section, add your conditions and press the export button. Hope this helps. Please get in touch if you ever have any more questions.

Best regards,
Therese

Jas N.

Teamwork Projects is a great collaboration tool for everyday tasks for projects of all sizes.

Reviewed on 16/8/2017

Overall, this program is very useful in organizing larger tasks. I find Google Keep better for small To-do list type tasks and Teamwork more useful for larger projects which will have several different tasks that may take several weeks to complete. Once you have set your templates and assigned collaborators to tasks, you'll find this is a very easy to use tool to organize and log events for various projects.

Pros

Integrates easily with Google Drive and many other applications. This allows you to "store" more files on the Teamwork database without actually using up the storage space.

Easily assign tasks to cooworkers and monitor their progress live. Can even set email notifications when a task is assigned to you or made available for you to work on.

Dependencies feature allows for the user to streamline flow of start to end for all tasks. You won't be able to work on a task until the one prior to is completed.

The ability to create task templates makes it very quick and easy to add task lists with pre set dependencies and assigned collaborators.

Cons

Is a bit pricey compared to some other softwares but definitely has more features.

New Gaant Chart feature is useful but not as intuitive yet. They are always working on updates so I'm sure it will be improved.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi there,

Amber C.

Easy to Use with Complexity to Adjust

Reviewed on 23/5/2018

It keeps our team on track and helps us understand which team member we are waiting on a piece of the project from. From an overall view of a project and how efficiently tasks are being completed to a detailed view using Gantt Charts, it's easy to see my team's productivity.

Plus it's easy to see what I have to do, to set up repeating tasks, to add special permissions to my team members and more. Would highly recommend Teamwork PM!

Pros

Teamwork helps keep our company in line where we can track projects, due dates, time tracking, milestones, important files and more. Our business wouldn't run without it.

It's easy to use, but can become complex if you are utilizing all of its features or customizing your projects well.

We switched from Basecamp 2 to Teamwork and have never looked back. We absolutely love it!

Cons

I really don't have anything negative to say. The price, the usability and the benefits are all right for our small business.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hey Amber,

Thank you for your review of Teamwork Projects.

Great to hear you are utilizing so much of the features and are enjoying them- even better to hear you've switched from Basecamp :-)

Would you be interested in featuring in a testimonial or case study with us so we could hear more about your experience? Simply send us an email to [email protected]

Akande D.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Teamwork is great for small to mid-sized businesses

Reviewed on 22/8/2019

Overall, it was a great platform to use for the business I was at. It had robust features and a short learning curve to become more proficient.

Pros

One thing that stuck out to me about Teamwork is how it combines the user experience of an enterprise-grade platform, but makes it easy enough to use for a smaller business. The interface is clean and easy-to-use while still being exceptionally robust. Time tracking and the Google Chrome feature are pretty awesome as well!

Cons

The only thing I didn't really like about Teamwork was the actual speed of the platform when you opened larger projects. With several tabs open, or a larger project opened, it would slow down significantly and it was sometimes a pain to navigate. I thought this was a computer issue on my end, but other users talked about the same problem, so I would assume it's something Teamwork should look into.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hi Akande,

Thanks for the review of Teamwork Projects. We were glad to hear that you found it 'clean and easy-to-use'! We love our time tracking and our Google add-ons too, they are fairly cool!

Speed issues? We have you covered! Send us an email over at [email protected] and we will have our team look into this for you. We will do everything to try and improve the speed of the software for you!

Thanks again for spreading the #Teamwork love, and remember to reach out to us via social media or email should you ever have an issues, or even just to say hello!

Game changer

Reviewed on 15/2/2019

When a message from a client comes in while I'm working on something else, I used to have to drop everything and consider it on the spot, for fear of the email getting buried and the message being lost in the shuffle. Knowing that everything is being safely tracked in Teamwork means that I no longer lose my flow every time a client or teammate has a question or a comment. I can carry on with my day because I trust that when I don't respond to a notification, it will be filed away somewhere sensible, and I can respond to it when I'm ready.

Pros

It integrates tasks and milestones with comments and files, time logging and tracking for multiple employees with notation, and communication that can sync directly to the client or be marked for team-only privacy. So every project is broken into action items that are assigned to team members AND to clients (e.g. feedback), clients can see where we are with each task and subtask, I can log time/set work timers directly on each item, and I can send drafts to clients by attaching them to subtasks and get their feedback via comments that are filed right there where I need them.

Cons

The icons could be more intuitive. But that's genuinely the only thing I would change.

Response from Teamwork.com

Hello,

Thanks for a great review of Teamwork!

It's great to see such a long list of 'Pros' and a 10/10 score! Game changer? That's what we like to hear!

I've noted your suggestions on the icons and will pass this onto the design team to look into this further.

Don't forget to stay in touch with us at [email protected] if you ever have any issues or wish to submit a feature request.

Chris V.
  • Industry: Design

The most powerful, flexible PM software I've used

Reviewed on 9/1/2018

Pros

Teamwork Projects has it all. As a business owner, I often want a high-level, low fidelity overview of all the projects my team is working on. Other times, I need a detailed, granular view of a specific project so I can see exactly what tasks are upcoming to keep clients up to date. Teamwork can do both. It gives you the tools to visualise the overall health of your projects, while also allowing you to get into the nitty-gritty of what's being worked on at any given time. It's allowed us to merge our project management processes into a single tool, while gaining even more functionality.

Cons

Because it can do so much, it can be tough to get started and get things set up exactly the way you like. It seems like there are endless options for organising tasks, and to a degree you have to pick a method and run with it. That can make getting started and adjusted to the software difficult, and really require you to commit to learning it and using it for an extended period of time (until you settle in)

Response from Teamwork.com

Hey Chris,

Thank you for your detailed review of Teamwork Projects.

Feel free to get in touch to explain what you found difficult at first and what onboarding issues you are experiencing at [email protected]