Trello

4.5 (21,227)
Visual collaboration tool for shared project perspectives

(21,227)
4.6/5
4.3/5
4.5/5
4.3/5

Paul

Trello is a tremendous approach to task management.

Reviewed on 11/6/2022

Pros

The ease at which one can get back on track is incredible. From making three simple lists, to do, in progress and complete it is possible to move cards from left to right as they are being completed.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike about this software.

Microsoft Project, Smartsheet and Evernote Teams

Reasons for Switching to Trello

I've used Trello for about a decade now. It's never let me down. It's perfect for task management and file backup in addition to sharing with your team.
Ajit Johnson
  • Industry: Biotechnology
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Trello is a great tool for project management!

Reviewed on 12/6/2022

Overall, I have had a great experience with Trello! It is a very user-friendly and versatile tool that has helped me to stay organized and on track with both work and personal projects. I highly recommend it to anyone looking for a simple, yet effective way to manage their tasks and to-dos.

Pros

The most appealing aspect of Trello is its simple and straightforward design. The interface is clean and easy to navigate, and the features are clearly laid out. Trello is also highly customizable, so users can tailor the software to their specific needs.

Cons

-Making it easier to create and manage checklists
-Making it easier to add and remove members from boards

Reasons for Switching to Trello

In the end, we selected Trello because of its flexibility and ease of use. It was also the most affordable option for our team.
Eabyn
  • Industry: Design

Essential for project management within our organisation

Reviewed on 24/6/2022

Trello has been essential in tracking our time management and billable hours for work schedules in our team

Pros

Trello offers endless customisation for setting up project templates and tracking billable hours

Cons

Allowing even more detailed permission control to users would be a valuable addition to this software

monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Trello offered greater customisation for projects and a larger app integration

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Trello has more features and wider set of functionalities that monday did not
Naor

Good for small projects

Reviewed on 19/7/2022

Pros

The ease of use and the visualization of cards

Cons

It didn’t have all the features we need and then we had to use 3rd party integration which cost double the price of the Trello account

Jira and monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Trello

We had a small project and wanted to get started with a simple solution

Cheap and basic task management

Reviewed on 25/7/2022

We're using Trello for basic task management of various kinds.

Pros

Fairly easy to get started with. Fulfills the basic task management needs. Seems robust with few quality issues and bugs.

Cons

Hard to create proper flows. Pretty limited in terms of integration support.

Jira

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Trello is cheaper, and easier to get started with for novice users.
Amber

A great starting place

Reviewed on 14/7/2022

Pros

Trello is very easy to customize and use. Users can quickly pick up on how to use it. It's a great choice for small production or marketing teams. I like how easy it is to customize and personalize for my team.

Cons

If you have a lot of intricate processes in your workflow(s), Trello only goes so far. But it's a great start!

Chris

Easiest PM tool I've ever had to use!

Reviewed on 10/6/2022

Pros

It's super cheap and VERY easy to use. Pretty much is good to go out of the box and can get even more complicated if you'd like.

Cons

I wish the free version had a few more features but that's just being picky. It's not that expensive to upgrade.

Shane
  • Industry: Government Administration

Favorite software for project management

Reviewed on 29/6/2022

It's my favorite tool for project management. The small learning curve has made it easy to teach coworkers how to use it for collaboration.

Pros

Trello is easy to set up and customize. All free applications let me do the majority of what I need to get my work done throughout the day. Different views are really helpful for viewing project timelines. The email notifications are a nice feature for collaborative work with multiple users on a project.

Cons

The calendar doesn't integrate with Microsoft outlook calendar, at least in the free version of the product.

Dylan
  • Industry: Printing

The only task management tool that has ever stuck with our team

Reviewed on 4/8/2022

We have been happily using Trello for years. We use the free version (with occasional upgrades) and it's powerful enough to do exactly what we want. Without Trello I think we would get far less done!

Pros

We have a remotely dispersed team, and users at all levels of familiarity/interest in software tools. Trello is the only tool that has ever stuck and that our users have continued to use without constant prodding. It's simple enough to look like a structured wall of post-it notes for users who want that, but has enough granular controls that other users can label/colour-code/due-date to their heart's content. The UI is very well structured and both sets of users can happily co-exist. It also allows easy colloboration with our external development team.

Cons

Sometimes I feel during busy periods that I lose track of individual updates (due to the sheer volume). I end up having to go board by board and card by card to ensure I don't miss something. Having a better system to watch certain cards/lists would help filter this.

Oussama
  • Industry: Import & Export
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Trello promising app

Reviewed on 19/5/2022

From my personal experience, I really liked using trello because it was free and widely spread among everyone proof of its effectiveness, I relied on it a lot during my study period for my Master in International Business, and I am very grateful to Trello because it was very useful in organizing my time and study programs and reminding me of notes because exams period often It is stressful and forgetful, now I rely on Trello to manage my content on social media, and I even used it repeatedly in managing the marketing team of the company in which I work as a marketing manager because I see it as much easier and simpler than other applications in the same category, and most importantly, it is never expensive so it will be A very supportive point for startups and entrepreneurs who are about to launch their own path.

Pros

From what I have noticed in my field, the Trello application is one of the most popular applications among budding entrepreneurs because it is free and available to almost everyone. Trello has many options to deal with your daily program or project, which can adapt to different types of tasks or projects, you can use Trello to organize your vacation, manage your work team, manage your own project, social networking sites, etc., there are many tools that enhance the flexibility of Trello to suit your preferences The user can use checklists to monitor tasks or colors to categorize them, and best of all, it allows you to accurately monitor the development of your performance at all levels.

Cons

I can say that there are many features that could greatly improve Trello if they were added, such as a feature for voice recording of tasks for people who do not like to write very much, and we may go further and suggest the feature of converting voice recording to my book on Trello for dictation Tasks and comment on them, I think that these suggestions require huge investments in research and development and artificial intelligence, however, we can suggest simpler features such as adding the feature of sending notifications as reminders of tasks that need to be completed through user accounts on social networking sites, and we can always recommend the ability to add images and logos For the user, his project or his company in order to enhance the sense of belonging to the users in the long run, and as a final note, the best performance reports formulated in the form of tips and recommendations, i.e. not only inform me about my achievement percentage during the last week, but also advise me to improve my performance during the following week to compensate for the delay.

Manny
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

My go-to tool for simple, yet powerful task management

Reviewed on 25/3/2022

This used to be our teams' primary Scrum tool, and everyone was basically happy with it. When we moved to other software, we were wowed by all the built-in features of the new software at first, but eventually got dismayed by how clunky it was. Trello is the opposite. Simple, quick, responsive exactly where it counts. There are still some large areas where it could be improved, but it is still my personal go-to for task management.

Pros

The best part about Trello is how responsive it is, and across all platforms. It has the snappiest and fastest task sorting speed among all the task management software I've used and still hasn't been beat. It doesn't matter if it's on the desktop app, the web app, or the mobile app. They all work lightning-quick and all update between each other within seconds. This sounds like a simple quality-of-life feature, but this responsiveness is absolutely crucial when it comes to dumping tasks into a list, sorting them between lists, and reordering by priority - which is, to me, the core of task management.

Cons

I don't like how rigid the sizes of lists are. Sometimes I only want 2 or 3 lists filling my screen. Sometimes I want all my lists on the screen. The only way to do this is by installing some questionable plugins that may or may not be paid products, when this feature feels like it should be built-in.

Navigating between boards is not as responsive or simple as navigating between cards and between lists. Moving any items between boards is a bit of a nightmare, and I wish I could somehow drag-and-drop things between boards the same way I can do with everything else in the software.

The UI of everything other than the lists and cards is also unintuitive. There are buttons scattered everywhere across the top of the screen, and it's not clear why they are there nor what they do.

Searching for cards and list could be simplified. There are a few search bars scattered throughout the various menus and I can never remember which one is going to let me search for the card/list I'm actually after.

Arun Sarathy
  • Industry: Design

King of all Kanban Board Tools

Reviewed on 23/3/2022

Pros

The power of Trello is in its simplicity and ease of use. Its interface seems light-weight right out of the box. I have used several similar tools later on (after finding / falling in love with Trello - first love, obviously) like Clickup, Taskade and a few others but I find myself always falling back to Trello for its intuitive workflow and simple-to-use features. If you are a solo creator like me, who wants to throw all the ideas into a board, track them with a simple flow like - 'do, doing, done', then Trello is all you need. Go for it, and thank me later!

Cons

Sometimes, they keep changing their approach to their business which I found weird. But that's just me, may be. For example, they used to have Trello Gold for approximately $5 or so but they evolved and brought in different pricing tiers. I miss that but I also understand business models evolve with time. I also didn't like that many power-ups are just trials. Some useful ones cannot be used just easily. It asks for money to expand our experience with Trello. I believe its marketplace needs to evolve too by letting in more free power-ups.

Whit
  • Industry: Higher Education

A good task manager for small teams

Reviewed on 11/3/2022

I use Trello to manage the tasks of my part time workers, especially as we are working remotely. I am able to set up projects for the via cards and add any resource material they might need.

Pros

I can use this to manage the task of several workers at the same time. Each of my employees have a board and I am able to add tasks to the board directly from my email. In that way, I am able to take things off of my to-do list because I know that the task is captured somewhere else and the job will be completed.

Cons

I often have a difficult time building out a project in a way that makes sense to me. We use this much less for large project and much more for smaller individual tasks. I also wish there was a easier way of styling the cards. I have attempted to use the Trello code in the cards but unless you use them frequently, you have to relearn them all over each time.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Smartsheets was a powerful system but we didn't have anyone to manage it. Trello is much more simple to use if you do not have a project manager on staff.

Smartsheet

Reasons for Switching to Trello

The Card system was a better system for task management for us.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

I couldn’t live without Trello

Reviewed on 10/3/2022

Trello is great and I couldn’t live without it now.

Pros

It’s so easy to use and it’s just going to work for you, if you don’t manage a project in a traditional way you can set up your Trello board however your line to manage that project.

Cons

Getting the most out of Trello can sometimes mean either experimenting and finding the right third party plugin or using the built in tools to get it right. It can take time.

Freedcamp and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Asana was blocked by ICT and another patt of the team were using Trello, which made it more confident.

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Trello was being used in other areas of the business.
Daniel

Great free productivity tool to organize eyour thoughts

Reviewed on 11/1/2022

As a daily routine, I first implemented agile methodologies using Trello. The structure is simple, which makes it easy to understand, as well as to learn how to use it. Columns can be named whatever you like, and as many as you'd like. This is great for structures that are not conventional.

Pros

Staying organized with projects for the week, month, quarter, etc. is very easy with this amazing cloud-based app. With the assistance of Trello, I have been able to plan my marketing strategies, social media use, and video/photography for my colleagues. Color-coded cards and backgrounds appeal to me because I am also a visual learner.

Cons

It's interesting that Trello works better for some people than it does for me, even though I've collaborated with people who use it, and they raving about it. Trello's organization in rows and cards does not easily translate to my mind, even though it's very simple to use and very powerful. My brain finds it much easier to follow my own filing system outside of work, this is why I have made one by myself.

Ernesto
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Trello Review

Reviewed on 6/1/2022

I've been using Trello now for over 2 years and have fully integrated this software until business as usual. It helps with project managememt and collaborating internally and with our customers.

Pros

Having tried several varied project management softwares over the years Trello is not only the easiest to use but is so user friendly that anyone can start using from day one and within days will be an expert on its use. It's also free which is amazing.

Cons

Maybe adding an option to change view styles would be an added extra worth having

monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Cost and mobile app led me to move away from Microsoft to using Trello.

Microsoft Project

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Once I began using it the choice was clear
Anton

Simple Boards for Simple Project Management

Reviewed on 6/11/2021

I think that the Trello is a very useful tool to manage small and mid-size projects (or parts of big projects, like a board for a development team or boards for a specific team (not all-in-one). I have used Trello for 5 years now and what keeps me still using it - it's because it's the most simple task management software ever created and most of it is free. So why do You need something else (only if You're not looking for something more sophisticated)?

Pros

Trello is very "easy" in many ways and it's the best feature:
- it's easy to use - You don't need any training to start managing tasks and projects in Trello;
- it's easy to set up - just 4-5 minutes and You're ready to go (if You use a template provided by the Trello team - You'll need no more than 1 minute);
- you don't need additional software - all works in web-browsers even on mobile phones (although there are native apps for iOS and android);
- you can easily use it every day for stand-ups, workshops, etc because You see all the relevant information and can update tasks in real-time;
- there are many power-ups (some free, some not) that can make your Task management more reach, bring more context or useful tools from which You can benefit.

Cons

It's not for complex projects (like with Gantt charts and long lists of dependent tasks) as You definitely will lose the focus on Your board with huge amounts of tasks. It's best to keep it simple - that's where the efficiency thrives. Also, as Trello relies on Your vision of task/project management, sometimes You can find yourself overcomplicating stuff...

• Industry: Legal Services

Trello Boards make work visual

Reviewed on 12/11/2021

If you have a work that you can chunk into different phases (and most jobs have that), Trello is an awesome kanban style way to visualize where you are at with each client, project and task. In addition it does not only give you that overview, but on everyone else assigned to the board (usually that will be the team working on the project). It was the first software in our company where we managed all employees to regularly engage with it. I think this was largely due to its visual nature, which makes it easy to understand and work with. The "Cards" on a "Board" metaphor works well. The Board follows the Kanban philosophy. We adjusted it to our needs, but its basically a sequential process each client goes through with different steps in each part, each phase corresponds to a column on the board. You can add photos to the cards to make it even more visual (we run legal papers for clients, so having their picture on the front of the card makes it easy to find their files). Apart from that, you can attach files, make notes, add to-do's and assign them to team members and get notified of any changes made to the card or the board.

Pros

The highly visual style of the Kanban style boards and the cards are super helpful. It is a great tool to get a birds eye view on all the work going on in a given project and makes it easy to follow up on individual tasks where team members may be stuck.

Cons

The one thing I did not enjoy is that there is no native Mac app, but rather it is all online. There are workarounds (like using a browser based app maker such as Coherence X) but, when the internet cuts out, your access to the boards goes with it.

Basecamp
Laura

Amazing resource for small teams, solopreneurs, etc.

Reviewed on 13/10/2021

I've used Trello for years. Many of my clients use different solutions like Asana and I even moved my own company over to Clickup for a year. We came back to Trello and every team member breathed a sigh of relief. Trello is so much easier to break down individual boards and appeals to those of us who need to see visuals. I manage my podcasts, blog writing, email newsletters, speaking engagements, and even my personal recipe storage is on Trello. It's so easy to grab from the web browser or the app on my phone and I love that you can search so easily even after something has been archived.

Pros

So easy to use
Very visual
Price is right
Easy to add/remove members
Search capability is excellent

Cons

Sometimes customer service is a bit slow; it's not easy to set up as a nonprofit to get the nonprofit discount. We had to go back and forth but eventually got it set up.

Reasons for Choosing Trello

I felt Clickup was extremely cluttered and I had a hard time finding things there.

Rober
  • Industry: Events Services
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great tool for team management

Reviewed on 13/9/2021

As referenced over, my group can't finish our assignments until the past group has finished theirs (information the executives and request composing). Trello is my most-utilized programming, we use it across my whole POD, and across every division too. It helps ensure that nothing escapes everyone's notice and that different groups aren't being held up pointlessly

Pros

Trello is extraordinary, it's easy to utilize, and has heaps of cunning UX gadgets that make following and refreshing errands a delight. We use it frequently inside our association at whatever point something needs "putting together quick" - we're not hoping to follow the advancement of the whole task through Trello, however an intermittent breakout. We've regularly utilized Trello to gather together our "thoughts" stage, and afterward moved onto a more mind boggling project the executives apparatus after that. The interface is straightforward, the free level is "spot on" and there are barely enough provisions for you to get moving rapidly. Trello is extraordinary for fast authoritative assignments, that should be introduced outwardly, or they are useful for data sharing (in a real sense a pin-leading group of thoughts functions admirably) - and has diminished the requirement for post-it-notes wherever in the workplace.

Cons

As a client who have insight on both free and paid forms, regardless of whether I made a decent attempt, I was unable to discover any entanglements of this application

Google Classroom and Zoom Meetings

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Because Trello is easy to deal with and most of phones have problem while dealing with WhatsApp.

WhatsApp
Lina

Great software for remote working

Reviewed on 20/8/2021

Overall experience with Trello is very positive. It is the perfect tool to work remotely and as a freelancer I can collaborate with different clients on the same programme, just switching through different boards. It has great functionalities and even a lot more potential that I need, so it is good to know that there's room for me to expand my workflow even further. There are some minor inconveniences, but overall I am a very happy user.

Pros

I like that it is free. As a freelancer, I am usually the one that is completing the tasks and not managing boards, therefore, most of the times that is all I need. My clients use the paid version, which provides more versatility and bigger file uploads. I like that paid and free can still collaborate with no disruptions. This is a perfect product for remote work collaboration. I think the options to colour code the tasks is great, I use it to mark work in progress and completed work. I am also a very visual person, so cover photos are perfect. I create artwork and it is so much easier to find the task I am looking for by the image, not by the title.

Cons

I think notification panel could be improved. I don't really like how its laid out, it's quite overwhelming. Also, there is no option to delete a board , only to archive it. Sometimes you need to just delete things and that should be an option. But the archive button is my biggest pet peeve. If you accidentally press archive, it does not ask you are you sure Y/N? It just goes away. And I can never find the archive easily, every time I have to google where it is. It wastes my time, and it could just be fixed by a 'are you sure you want to archive this' pop-up.

Nolan

Trello Review

Reviewed on 13/8/2021

As mentioned above, my team can't do our tasks until the previous team has completed theirs (data management & order writing). Trello is my most-used software, we use it across my entire POD, and across each division as well. It helps make sure that nothing slips between the cracks and that other teams aren't being held up unnecessarily.

Pros

Trello has become instrumental to my team's success whilst working in a remote environment. The way my different teams work with each other is similar to different cogs in a machine - each person has to do their task before the next team can start their work. My favourite thing about using Trello in our everyday is that you can create boards, lists etc. that are customizable. The Tagging feature is by far my favourite thing because you can let coworkers know in real-time when my piece of the puzzle is ready for them. Being able to integrate other programs into Trello (Dropbox, Google drive etc.) is a close second favourite feature!

Cons

I haven't done a deep dive to see what causes this, but I get logged out of Trello all the time and have to sign in again. Could be a setting on my end and have nothing to do with the software though!

Colin

Powerful because it includes the most important features in a simple interface

Reviewed on 30/7/2021

I first used it to organize personal workflows and task lists, and still do, but I use it mostly to manage multiple workflows for a marketing team. Our email production workflow is the most important of these.

Trello allows us to run multiple projects with approval steps and checkpoints. It's very quick and easy to check status, see what tasks we need to pick up, and stay organized and on track. We have a visual record of completed projects in each workflow, and can maintain assets associated with projects centrally.

Most important for this team is the simplicity of the app. Everyone can use it without getting lost or bogged down with unnecessary complexity. Trello has helped us keep production on track with minimal ball dropping for over seven years now.

Pros

Trello feels like the easiest to use and most straightforward of the project management apps I use. It includes just what's necessary and no more, making it great for use by a non-technical team. It's easy to learn your way around, hard to get lost.

The organization of boards, lists and cards is intuitive and flexible. Available formats for card contents are just right, make it easy to maintain essential assets, and set up visual cues for status and priority.

I like the visual kanban approach, easy drag and drop movement of elements, flexibility of card contents, and speed of getting essential work done.

Cons

Sometimes I have wanted to be able to get a bit more granular with subtasks, but I think rather than seeing the limitations of Trello as problem, the relative simplicity is its greatest strength. If a project calls for more layers I'll choose a different app.

Riccardo
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

An all-around project management tool

Reviewed on 31/7/2021

Pros

Up until a few months ago, Trello mainly revolved around the Kanban board concept but I have to say that I'm glad that it has added other ways of viewing projects and tasks too. Sometimes, you need to zoom out to take a look at everything, while other times you need to zoom in to a particular aspect or task.

Another thing Trello excels at is enabling users to automate repetitive tasks thanks to Butler. Initially an add-on, now Butler is a key feature included in your Trello account. Just think of the steps you carry out on a regular basis, think about what they're connected to and automate them to save plenty of time!

And speaking of becoming more efficient, it's great that Trello integrates with a ton of other tools and apps both natively – through its Power-ups – and through third-party platforms like Zapier.

Cons

The one thing I'm not crazy about is the fact that, in Trello, communication mainly happens through comments users leave to tasks. I think a different approach, that's more team communication-oriented could be a nice addition.

Mariam
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

How to become much more efficient at work

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

I even don't know where to start, and how I use it exactly, to convey the influence of Trello on my life. But I will try. But I will try. I have several companies I operate and several fresh ideas that happen to me at least weekly. These thoughts must go someplace. They ended up in other locations before Trello, such as Samsung Notes. But it was not organized enough to properly handle everything and produce an order, much less than Trello. My thoughts were restless all over the place. I used Trello more and more in the last year, and I have developed a lot on my primary board (for my office).

Pros

The best option for groups! Easy mobility, simple plan, better than similar apps like Skype, Teams, Asana, Slack, Facebook Workplace, and others. Schedules can be used. The maximum size of connections without business class is 10 MB. - Without business class, all of the coworkers are administrators, which means that anybody may erase a board or someone else. I don't have a private informing highlight for myself. It wouldn't be too bad. It's really beneficial in terms of project management for executives. I liked that you could set cutoff timeframes and choose which cards/tasks to arrange and accomplish within the specified time frame. Whatever the case may be, all things being equal, I adore it!

Cons

Trello is a great tool, but it's restricted in terms of the projects it can manage. Trello is ideal for little tasks, but not for large ones. For example, in our firm, we would utilize the app to purchase a helicopter part from another country and then handle the freight and shipping until it was delivered. Due to the restricted storage space, attachments such as mp4 movies and other big media files cannot be posted. We occasionally want to upload movies to Trello to provide a clearer image to the Managers who will be viewing it, however this is a problem when the storage space available is restricted.