Trello

4.5 (22,283)
Visual collaboration tool for shared project perspectives

(22,283)
4.6/5
4.3/5
4.5/5
4.3/5

Karrie
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Trello - What would I do without you?

Reviewed on 19/10/2022

As a consultant, Trello helps me to keep client information organized. I am able to keep reference documents in there to access easily when needed. We use it as a team communication tool and have been able to document processes and projects to keep everything on track and on time.

Pros

Overall, I simply love Trello. I use it for every client that I work and most of them start their boards as well when they see how easy it is to use. Works as a great communication tool for the team and is a great way to document processes and flows within the organization. The ability to move cards between lists and boards allows you to really keep track of a process without getting overwhelmed.

Cons

As a Trello fan I can't really find anything that I really don't like about it

Teamwork and Evernote Teams

Reasons for Switching to Trello

The ease of use, koban boards, and ability to move cards from lists and boards
Caitlyn
  • Industry: Entertainment

Great projects managing software for anyone starting out with a small team

Reviewed on 21/10/2022

Trello was a great software to get my feet wet, sotospeak, when it came to getting the hang of using a project management software for my business. It definitely helped me to graduate to the next level in my ability to keep my team productive. Even as my team has grown, I have decided to keep the Trello software for the purposes of managing all of my management teams scheduling, tasks, and etc. Because, as I have said throughout this review, I found as my business grew that Trello is made for businesses that are just starting out and need something to help them learn the ropes of project management. Or, they are great for businesses that have a small intimate group of team members. So, overall I would say my experience with using this software to keep my team on time, on task, and on the same page has been a good one.

Pros

There are a lot of pros when it comes to using this software. It's great for listing projects in order of priority, managing projects, as well as being able to update the workflow and track the progress of each project. It is great for anyone who has a team of at least two or three people.

Cons

The only issue I really see here is the fact that this software is obviously built for someone who is just starting out, or only has a team of, at most, five people. So, if you are looking for something to help delegate work and keep everyone on the same page for you management team, this is perfect for you. However, if you are planning on managing a large scale personnel operation, I would supplement this software with something else that can help you manage a larger group of people.

Airtable, monday.com, ClickUp, Hive and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Trello

I decided to use Trello, because it looked like the best software to meet my needs and the needs of my team, after I watched a demo.
Jesse
  • Industry: Printing

Trello opens communication

Reviewed on 18/10/2022

Trello has been great for keeping track of different projects and helping teams communicate and share files. That being said, navigating between boards can be confusing.

Pros

Trello has a lot of options for customizing task/project management. Lots of templates and good collaboration.

Cons

After recent updates, locating different boards is somewhat a pain.

Microsoft Project

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Trello allows users that are not in our organization to participate in projects without complication.
Jaymie

Trello's efficiency

Reviewed on 16/10/2022

Pros

I have been using the app for 7 yeasrs now and I liked most about trello is the ease on updating, and it adjusts with us without the need to repeat the list. It is very convenient and efficient with our flexible nature on how we do things. It most of the time give us results faster.

Cons

None much because really as it works for us.

The BEST project management

Reviewed on 18/10/2022

Truly the best software. It gets better with every upgrade!

Pros

Trello is what makes our world go round. We use Trello every day to manage our projects, tasks, employees and so much more. I use it for both business and personal project and task management. Can’t live without it!

Cons

The only con I can think of is that some features are available on Microsoft but not Mac.

Rachel

The ultimate business tool for mapping projects!

Reviewed on 18/10/2022

I have been using Trello for years in many capacities and I find it the most user friendly and beautifully visual software out there for mapping content and projects.

Pros

The primary reason I use Trello is because it allows me to visualize and categorize and organize all of my ideas, projects and tasks and the workflow to completing them in a way that no list or document can do. Being able to map out my projects, courses and content and see them visually helps me not only lay things out but also helps me work more productively and be able to visualize the steps needed to see progression in a project. I use Trello to really track the progress of all of the ongoing projects I have in my business. I love how I can lay out each project and track the progress by using check lists, moving projects across lists as they're taken through different stages of completion, and as different team members make progress. Creating workflows in Trello has truly been a game changer for me in my business. It allows me to stay organized, know what the next step of each project looks like and be able to easily flow through work without having to sit around and figure out where I left off because Trello gives projects such a visual flow.

Cons

I do wish that cards could float in between lists and be a bit more movable for if they're in an in between stage. I also wish that you could stack lists instead of lists going only horizontal because sometimes with longer projects with more components I find I need to scroll so far over to the right that I can't compare to other lists further to the left and would love if the screen could work more vertically as well.

Aishwary
  • Industry: Insurance

Smart Project Management via Trello.

Reviewed on 1/10/2022

I have an amazing experience while designing the workspaces, creating boards and onboarding users on the platform.
The sign up process is also very easy.
The features are very beneficial in terms of scheduling and tracking activities.
We can have a number of portfolios created and viewed as cards on the Trello dashboards.
The overall user experience and interface is amazing and is meant for scaling businesses.

I have benefitted a lot from using Trello for projects related to Content Marketing, Retail Management, Sales and Retention

Pros

• Simple and user-friendly onboarding
• Having different sections within cards for adding information and comments.
• Quick access to cards by using search bar
• Drag and drop cards
• Convenient for viewing all activities on the board
• Email and desktop notifications
• Mention in card feature
• Integration to other third-party apps
• User Last seen stats

Cons

The export feature is not handy in Trello.
It could have been better if a simple export feature could be made available for users to obtain stats such as average resolution time and no. of cards with zero activity.

Teamwork Desk, Asana and Smartsheet

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Trello is simpler and more effective in terms of user onboarding and scheduling/tracking activities. It also provides a variety of beneficial features from the basic plan itself. Also the Trello app on mobile comes handy for quick actions and updates to the cards.
Ansh

Best Project Management Tool To Organizes Business Projects into Boards

Reviewed on 24/9/2022

Trello is one of the best project management software's and it has integrations for every single application. We can use it for everything, from planning annual budget to organizing our weekly work. It is an online project management application that allows you to create boards, add tasks and subtasks, assign members, and add everyone's due date. Trello is a great tool for our team of people working together on projects both big and small. Our team work on weekly basis on running project and we have divided all task in to our team members. We love this tool and easily handle all projects easily.

Pros

• Task Management: Trello helps you manage your tasks by allowing you to create boards and lists. You can add cards to your boards and lists, and then move the cards around as needed. This makes it easy to keep track of your tasks and ensure that they are completed.
• Public Board Management: Trello allows you to manage public boards, which is helpful if you need to collaborate with others on a project. You can add users to your board and give them permissions to view or edit the board.
• Admin and Security Features: Trello has admin and security features that allow you to control who can access your boards and what they can do with them. You can also set up passwords for your boards and restrict access to certain board members.
• Unlimited Workspaces: Trello allows you to create unlimited workspaces, which is helpful if you need to manage multiple projects at the same time. You can easily switch between workspaces and view all of your boards in one place.
• Unlimited Cards: Trello allows you to create unlimited cards, which is helpful if you need to track a lot of information. You can add details to your cards, including due dates, descriptions, and attachments.

Cons

• Trello is a great tool for managing tasks and projects. It is simple to use and has many features that make it very versatile.
• Integrations with other tools and services make Trello even more powerful and useful.
• The public board management feature is great for teams that need to share information with others outside of their organization.
• Trello has excellent admin and security features, making it a very secure platform.
• The unlimited workspace command runs make it possible to manage an unlimited number of projects in Trello.

Eren
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Trello - Task management couldn't be simpler!

Reviewed on 27/9/2022

With Trello, I can work both synchronously and asynchronously with my project team and always have a transparent view of the status and who is the contact person for which topic. For my own organisation, I keep a separate board with a backlog and prioritisation, because my boring to-do list drove me crazy at some point. It became too confusing due to the many parallel to-dos and re-prioritisations to be able to organise myself efficiently.

Pros

I have to admit that I found it great in the first place that you can already use a lot in the free version. Besides the Trello boards for projects and teams at work, I even started using it privately. At the beginning, it was more of a To Do list for me, then I developed everything further and further and basically developed boys' boards. It's worth its weight in gold, especially in my project teams. Everyone can see transparently what is currently being worked on, what is still in the backlog, which things should be done this sprint but are still open and what has already been completed. I also love the design. It's appealing and not as dull as Jira, for example. You can also assign several people to a ticket and see directly who is working on what. The coloured categorisation of the tickets also helps to bring in even more structure. It is also great that you can attach files to the tickets.

Cons

The many features, which are also available in the free version, sometimes make it difficult to see the wood for the trees. For example, there are different board overviews, and it is not always easy to understand how individual functions move or change their view. The customising capabilities in the free version are also very limited.

Jeremy
  • Industry: Entertainment

Trello is Simple and Great

Reviewed on 26/9/2022

I have used Jira on teams of 1 to 30 and find it is a great solution for many different projects. I've also used other project management solutions and find that unless your project really needs built-in SCRUM features or other more nitty-gritty project management solutions Trello is a great package and is always my go-to to start-off a project (and often use to completion!)

Pros

Trello is the go-to software for teams looking to utilize a "lite" package. Although it doesn't have all of the scrum capabilities of Atlasian's other software, like Jira, it packs its own punch in a compact and easy to use package.

Cons

As mentioned previously, some more built-in features for individual task progress tracking would be great. Other cons or missing features are made-up for in Atlasian's other software Jira.

Jira, Milanote, monday.com and Notion

Reasons for Choosing Trello

I made the switch from Milanote to Trello because Trello has many more built-in features that make it easy to track a projects progress, create tasks, and assign tasks. It's much easier to use as a project management solution. Milanote is great for a global web-based moodboard and works well along Trello, but it is not a better project management solution by any means. Trello is far more superior!

Milanote

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Compared to Jira, Monday.com, and Notion, Trello had everything I wanted and nothing more. There are also many third-party APIs which integrate Trello into Discord servers and many more people are familiar with Trello than Monday.com or Notion. As for why I keep choosing Trello over Jira? Its relative simplicity and cheaper price makes it worth it for me!
Lisa

A great asset for our group

Reviewed on 8/9/2022

For simple checklists and projects it's been great. And now that the automations are all set up, and I have to commend the trailer support team for helping us we really appreciate it, everything runs perfectly. It's easy to adjust once you remember how to work the automations, and easy to change any of the individual checklists. We probably still only use a small percentage of what the program can do. It's probably even better than I know!

Pros

One of the best things about Trello is also one of the most complex things and that is the automations. Once you have all the automation set up, it's a beautiful thing, however setting them up is an absolute drag. Like I say though, once it's done, it is seamless. I love it. Otherwise the software is extremely easy to use, the checklists are easy to make, the workflow is easy to follow and it's so easy for different people to know what their tasks are and easy for them to complete them and Mark them done. Very happy that we gave Trello a try. For most users the free version is probably enough so it's great value also!

Cons

Everything is great except setting up those automations. It's just so complicated. Maybe for someone very advanced in computers it would be easy, however I can't even imagine it. I'm a fairly advanced user however this was very difficult.

monday sales CRM

Reasons for Switching to Trello

The free trial of Monday and it was so incredibly complicated I gave up. Trello and itself is complicated enough, I didn't need it to be more so. Plus Monday was more expensive.
Astrid
  • Industry: Outsourcing/Offshoring

Remote Project Management? Trello is your tool!

Reviewed on 30/8/2022

"Chef Kiss! 5 stars, would totally use it again"
I know it's super cliche but is true, I love Trello and after working with sooooo many project management tools Trello is among my Top 3, and whenever a new client tells me "Let me add you to our Trello Board" I cry put of joy because I know I am gonna have the information and support I need just a click away.

Pros

Honestly, there are so many things to like about Trello, how user-friendly it is, you can literally teach anyone how to use Trello in less than 20 minutes.
Super easy for people who are starting doing project management, visually a blast and you are able to have full visibility of stages and day-to-day tasks.
Managing backlog is super easy and you are able to truly focus on what is important and not feel like you leaving anything out.

Cons

If you are looking for a more confidential set type of tool maybe Trello is not your thing. Some of the projects I manage need some part to be public and others to be more on the low and since Trello is more focus on open collaboration I find myself needing to share classified files outside the tool which can complicate and confuse my peers, but honestly is more of the project itself than the tool.

Workzone, monday.com, ClickUp and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Trello

User-friendliness, I love using Trello when working with a team who is new to Project Managing software since it so easy to use and explain.

Jira, GoodDay, Confluence and ClickUp

Price value comparative.
Marie
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Great for Simple Start Up Purposes

Reviewed on 29/8/2022

Trello was perfect for when I needed to organize my ideas and projects as a team of one and even adding 2-3 assistants, it was great for assinging tasks that have clear miletones and steps or even repeatable tasks that we could put on recurring deadlines. As the team and the business has grown, howeer we have started to see the limitations of the software for managing more comples workflows with multiple stakeholders and will probably be transitioning off of Trello as soon as we can upskill in a more dynamic platform/customize what we need in a system that has more functionality.

Pros

Trello is amazing or solopreneurs and small teams where you may be managing juts a couple of VAs. It llows you to easily create tasks with detailed descriptions, checklists and attachments or links to other resources. From there you can assign the tasks, set deadlines and keep all communications about the task or project all in one place. Our team has several boards that we use for managing the business and each one helps us stay on task and in communication in between regular team meetings.

Trello is also great because it is ver intuitive as a kanban board and allows multiple views for different learning styles and organization methods ( list view, calendar etc) so everyone can find a way to make it work for them.

We recently upgraded a tier so that we could add deadlines and assign subtasks to people and its a game changer for supporting workflows. Also, having the abiliy to add Zaps with other software tools is amazing for if you want to automatically assing some workflows for things like appointment bookings or payments.

Cons

The one thing that is limiting about Trello is you cannot create dependencies for tasks. If one deadline gets bumped there is now way to automate the timeline udates to the rest of the project - this has to be done manually (ugh). Also, the deadlines in the checklists do not show up in the personal board view, so if you have team members who are looking for a daily dashboard of their assignments, they won't see the detailed tasks assigned to them, only the headline projects/cards.

It's because of this limitation that we are starting to look at other more robust project management tools like Notion or Asana that allow you to create those dependencies automatically and notify task owners of those changes.

17hats, monday.com and Asana

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Asana was way too complex for us when we were starting out - the platform was overwhelming and interface elt cluttered compared to Trello's simplicity and desing Monday - we looked at this to see if it would help us stay organized around projects and product developmepnt but found the manual building of the boards tedious. Also, was not as intuitive for creating custom views. 17 Hats - we tried this for a while to see if it could replace Trello and it was pretty limited in terms of prject management capacity. We also tried to pull in all of our surveys and onboarding tools that exist in other platforms, and this was just a mess on the back end in terms of keeping track of the data. UI felt clunky and we couldn't make it prettier with the customizations provided
Sophia

I couldn't work without my Trello

Reviewed on 31/8/2022

Amazing. I have been able to completely do away with paper notebooks for organization and project management. Having all my tasks available online to access from my computer and phone has improved my productivity and organization.

Pros

I love the opportunity to organize my boards, add tasks, bullets, checklists, multi-media, links and more into my projects. I love the ability to color code and to see my progress as I am finishing tasks. I use my Trello boards as my bible day to day for work and life tasks and projects. As my team's manager, I am also able to track everyone's projects to make sure we're staying on task and completing necessary and important deliverables. I am able to tag priority for certain tasks as well. Trello is the only way I stay organized with all of our projects. I also love the mobile app, as I can add, change, edit and check on tasks when I'm on-the-go.

Cons

I don't like that you can't just "complete" a task / have the opportunity to cross it off. You can only "Archive" tasks. I'd like to be able to organize completed tasks in a better way, as it helps me track what me and my team have worked on in the past week or month as I report to my manager.

Evernote Teams

More robust features
Ahmad Farhad
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Bring Discipline into your Business!

Reviewed on 12/8/2022

I love Trello, it's an amazing product. I can use Trello for my personal goals and business goals with great and nice tasks management. This product has been helping my for 2 years to plan and execute my goals. Thank you for this wonderful product!

Pros

Trello has a great user interface and is useful for project management. I easy can plan several projects, pin tasks, track the progress of work, manage the team's work, and meet my deadlines in a very easy way.

Cons

I don't feel like missing any feature or tool while using Trello, but I love to see new features in Trello soon.

Airtable

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Becuase I couldn't be able to track my works in Excel, and also Trello has easy and nice user interface than Airtable for my works.

Airtable and Microsoft Excel

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Because, the management and features of Trello are more worthy than any products I consider. The Trello workflow management is a main useful tool for my business growth.
Jesse
  • Industry: Design

An exception agile development management tool

Reviewed on 16/8/2022

Our experience with Trello comes from managing multiple, enterprise class interface and application design projects using Trello.

Pros

The ability to quickly setup new workspaces, create lanes (lists), tasks and assign them to the appropriate team member makes using Trello a time saver.
You can also customize Boards with different backgrounds, etc to differentiate them from other projects, which is nice.

Being able to list the work needing to be done (backlog), the stages of development or production it will go through (lists / lanes), assign team members to specific tasks and attach images, docs, etc. at the task level creates a highly collaborative and feature rich product from a very simple interface.

Cons

Honestly, there's nothing that I would change at this point. It works flawlessly and efficiently. Our teams love it.

Jira and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Monday is cumbersome and the interface isn't as intuitive as Trello. Monday more about lists and collab than moving a projects tasks through production stages and managing task completion, delivery, etc.

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Trello

The feature set of Trello matched exactly what we were looking for and replaced a discontinued product (AgileZen) that we were using regularly.
Dylan
  • Industry: Printing

The only task management tool that has ever stuck with our team

Reviewed on 4/8/2022

We have been happily using Trello for years. We use the free version (with occasional upgrades) and it's powerful enough to do exactly what we want. Without Trello I think we would get far less done!

Pros

We have a remotely dispersed team, and users at all levels of familiarity/interest in software tools. Trello is the only tool that has ever stuck and that our users have continued to use without constant prodding. It's simple enough to look like a structured wall of post-it notes for users who want that, but has enough granular controls that other users can label/colour-code/due-date to their heart's content. The UI is very well structured and both sets of users can happily co-exist. It also allows easy colloboration with our external development team.

Cons

Sometimes I feel during busy periods that I lose track of individual updates (due to the sheer volume). I end up having to go board by board and card by card to ensure I don't miss something. Having a better system to watch certain cards/lists would help filter this.

Oussama
  • Industry: Import & Export
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Trello promising app

Reviewed on 19/5/2022

From my personal experience, I really liked using trello because it was free and widely spread among everyone proof of its effectiveness, I relied on it a lot during my study period for my Master in International Business, and I am very grateful to Trello because it was very useful in organizing my time and study programs and reminding me of notes because exams period often It is stressful and forgetful, now I rely on Trello to manage my content on social media, and I even used it repeatedly in managing the marketing team of the company in which I work as a marketing manager because I see it as much easier and simpler than other applications in the same category, and most importantly, it is never expensive so it will be A very supportive point for startups and entrepreneurs who are about to launch their own path.

Pros

From what I have noticed in my field, the Trello application is one of the most popular applications among budding entrepreneurs because it is free and available to almost everyone. Trello has many options to deal with your daily program or project, which can adapt to different types of tasks or projects, you can use Trello to organize your vacation, manage your work team, manage your own project, social networking sites, etc., there are many tools that enhance the flexibility of Trello to suit your preferences The user can use checklists to monitor tasks or colors to categorize them, and best of all, it allows you to accurately monitor the development of your performance at all levels.

Cons

I can say that there are many features that could greatly improve Trello if they were added, such as a feature for voice recording of tasks for people who do not like to write very much, and we may go further and suggest the feature of converting voice recording to my book on Trello for dictation Tasks and comment on them, I think that these suggestions require huge investments in research and development and artificial intelligence, however, we can suggest simpler features such as adding the feature of sending notifications as reminders of tasks that need to be completed through user accounts on social networking sites, and we can always recommend the ability to add images and logos For the user, his project or his company in order to enhance the sense of belonging to the users in the long run, and as a final note, the best performance reports formulated in the form of tips and recommendations, i.e. not only inform me about my achievement percentage during the last week, but also advise me to improve my performance during the following week to compensate for the delay.

Manny
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

My go-to tool for simple, yet powerful task management

Reviewed on 25/3/2022

This used to be our teams' primary Scrum tool, and everyone was basically happy with it. When we moved to other software, we were wowed by all the built-in features of the new software at first, but eventually got dismayed by how clunky it was. Trello is the opposite. Simple, quick, responsive exactly where it counts. There are still some large areas where it could be improved, but it is still my personal go-to for task management.

Pros

The best part about Trello is how responsive it is, and across all platforms. It has the snappiest and fastest task sorting speed among all the task management software I've used and still hasn't been beat. It doesn't matter if it's on the desktop app, the web app, or the mobile app. They all work lightning-quick and all update between each other within seconds. This sounds like a simple quality-of-life feature, but this responsiveness is absolutely crucial when it comes to dumping tasks into a list, sorting them between lists, and reordering by priority - which is, to me, the core of task management.

Cons

I don't like how rigid the sizes of lists are. Sometimes I only want 2 or 3 lists filling my screen. Sometimes I want all my lists on the screen. The only way to do this is by installing some questionable plugins that may or may not be paid products, when this feature feels like it should be built-in.

Navigating between boards is not as responsive or simple as navigating between cards and between lists. Moving any items between boards is a bit of a nightmare, and I wish I could somehow drag-and-drop things between boards the same way I can do with everything else in the software.

The UI of everything other than the lists and cards is also unintuitive. There are buttons scattered everywhere across the top of the screen, and it's not clear why they are there nor what they do.

Searching for cards and list could be simplified. There are a few search bars scattered throughout the various menus and I can never remember which one is going to let me search for the card/list I'm actually after.

Arun Sarathy
  • Industry: Design

King of all Kanban Board Tools

Reviewed on 23/3/2022

Pros

The power of Trello is in its simplicity and ease of use. Its interface seems light-weight right out of the box. I have used several similar tools later on (after finding / falling in love with Trello - first love, obviously) like Clickup, Taskade and a few others but I find myself always falling back to Trello for its intuitive workflow and simple-to-use features. If you are a solo creator like me, who wants to throw all the ideas into a board, track them with a simple flow like - 'do, doing, done', then Trello is all you need. Go for it, and thank me later!

Cons

Sometimes, they keep changing their approach to their business which I found weird. But that's just me, may be. For example, they used to have Trello Gold for approximately $5 or so but they evolved and brought in different pricing tiers. I miss that but I also understand business models evolve with time. I also didn't like that many power-ups are just trials. Some useful ones cannot be used just easily. It asks for money to expand our experience with Trello. I believe its marketplace needs to evolve too by letting in more free power-ups.

Whit
  • Industry: Higher Education

A good task manager for small teams

Reviewed on 11/3/2022

I use Trello to manage the tasks of my part time workers, especially as we are working remotely. I am able to set up projects for the via cards and add any resource material they might need.

Pros

I can use this to manage the task of several workers at the same time. Each of my employees have a board and I am able to add tasks to the board directly from my email. In that way, I am able to take things off of my to-do list because I know that the task is captured somewhere else and the job will be completed.

Cons

I often have a difficult time building out a project in a way that makes sense to me. We use this much less for large project and much more for smaller individual tasks. I also wish there was a easier way of styling the cards. I have attempted to use the Trello code in the cards but unless you use them frequently, you have to relearn them all over each time.

Asana

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Smartsheets was a powerful system but we didn't have anyone to manage it. Trello is much more simple to use if you do not have a project manager on staff.

Smartsheet

Reasons for Switching to Trello

The Card system was a better system for task management for us.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

I couldn’t live without Trello

Reviewed on 10/3/2022

Trello is great and I couldn’t live without it now.

Pros

It’s so easy to use and it’s just going to work for you, if you don’t manage a project in a traditional way you can set up your Trello board however your line to manage that project.

Cons

Getting the most out of Trello can sometimes mean either experimenting and finding the right third party plugin or using the built in tools to get it right. It can take time.

Freedcamp and Asana

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Asana was blocked by ICT and another patt of the team were using Trello, which made it more confident.

Asana

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Trello was being used in other areas of the business.
Daniel

Great free productivity tool to organize eyour thoughts

Reviewed on 11/1/2022

As a daily routine, I first implemented agile methodologies using Trello. The structure is simple, which makes it easy to understand, as well as to learn how to use it. Columns can be named whatever you like, and as many as you'd like. This is great for structures that are not conventional.

Pros

Staying organized with projects for the week, month, quarter, etc. is very easy with this amazing cloud-based app. With the assistance of Trello, I have been able to plan my marketing strategies, social media use, and video/photography for my colleagues. Color-coded cards and backgrounds appeal to me because I am also a visual learner.

Cons

It's interesting that Trello works better for some people than it does for me, even though I've collaborated with people who use it, and they raving about it. Trello's organization in rows and cards does not easily translate to my mind, even though it's very simple to use and very powerful. My brain finds it much easier to follow my own filing system outside of work, this is why I have made one by myself.

Ernesto
  • Industry: Arts & Crafts

Trello Review

Reviewed on 6/1/2022

I've been using Trello now for over 2 years and have fully integrated this software until business as usual. It helps with project managememt and collaborating internally and with our customers.

Pros

Having tried several varied project management softwares over the years Trello is not only the easiest to use but is so user friendly that anyone can start using from day one and within days will be an expert on its use. It's also free which is amazing.

Cons

Maybe adding an option to change view styles would be an added extra worth having

monday.com

Reasons for Choosing Trello

Cost and mobile app led me to move away from Microsoft to using Trello.

Microsoft Project

Reasons for Switching to Trello

Once I began using it the choice was clear
Anton

Simple Boards for Simple Project Management

Reviewed on 6/11/2021

I think that the Trello is a very useful tool to manage small and mid-size projects (or parts of big projects, like a board for a development team or boards for a specific team (not all-in-one). I have used Trello for 5 years now and what keeps me still using it - it's because it's the most simple task management software ever created and most of it is free. So why do You need something else (only if You're not looking for something more sophisticated)?

Pros

Trello is very "easy" in many ways and it's the best feature:
- it's easy to use - You don't need any training to start managing tasks and projects in Trello;
- it's easy to set up - just 4-5 minutes and You're ready to go (if You use a template provided by the Trello team - You'll need no more than 1 minute);
- you don't need additional software - all works in web-browsers even on mobile phones (although there are native apps for iOS and android);
- you can easily use it every day for stand-ups, workshops, etc because You see all the relevant information and can update tasks in real-time;
- there are many power-ups (some free, some not) that can make your Task management more reach, bring more context or useful tools from which You can benefit.

Cons

It's not for complex projects (like with Gantt charts and long lists of dependent tasks) as You definitely will lose the focus on Your board with huge amounts of tasks. It's best to keep it simple - that's where the efficiency thrives. Also, as Trello relies on Your vision of task/project management, sometimes You can find yourself overcomplicating stuff...