SkyPrep

4.9/5

• Industry: Media Production

Skyprep is A Great Option for Courses

Reviewed on 18/7/2019

We were able to totally put our training online using Skyprep and it's been successful for most users, only some individuals have had trouble navigating the system. We've had young adults all the way to seniors using Skyprep and it has helped with giving people flexibility with how fast or slow they want their training to be. It's fairly easy to manage and we're looking at additional ways to use it in our company. Customer support has always been good and unlike other software we use, we haven't had much issues with Skyprep at all so we've been consistently happy with it.

Pros

Skyprep is fairly easy to use and pick up, and flexible with customization. You can upload several types of files.

Cons

We had very basic reporting which isn't as helpful for fine tuning reports, but we are hoping more advanced reporting will allow us an easier time.

Sam
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Everything you need in an LMS made easy

Reviewed on 9/7/2020

My overall experience with Skyprep has been amazing. It's a great platform, there is nothing major that they are missing and improvements are constantly being made. Cloud-based is the way to go and Skyprep is leading the industry. It's almost the perfect LMS, and I know we are a tough customer since many of our locations operate so much differently with different customer requirements and remote locations where internet connections are spotty. The customer service with Skyprep has been amazing, they have made several suggested improvements for me quickly and are always there to help answer questions or support how I am using the system. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is my designated one-point-of contact and she is super helpful and great to work with.

Pros

I have used some of the biggest and most expensive LMS products in the past with other companies and worked in this industry for 20+ yrs, so coming into this new position with a smaller company that had not previously used an LMS, I performed a thorough analysis of top LMS products, and tested them for about 3 months. Some seemed hard to navigate, or not user friendly and others had good features I liked, but missing other critical pieces that are a must. Skyprep had everything I needed (and was used to using in the past with more expensive products), plus additional features you normally don't get with a clean easy-to-use interface. My favorite feature is the download functionality - some of our job sites are in remote locations where internet connections can be..."spotty" so having the ability to download inside the browser window is great - and through multi-tabbed browsers, you can pull up and download multiple courses ahead of time (for iPads, phones), plus an additional ability to download to a computer (if using on a computer) is an added bonus. This allows users to pre-download content ahead of time before playing a video for a group of employees, taking a course by yourself, or getting on an airplane, etc.

Cons

Like any new platform, there is a learning curve, but Skyprep has been unusually easy and intuitive to use, I'm excited about being able to download content through the App soon.

Deanna
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Good start

Reviewed on 21/2/2022

Pros

This product is easy to use and to implement.

Cons

We have just gotten started. We have discovered some functionality is limited and some of the reporting is limited. If you assigned a group to a learning path you cannot pull a report with an overview of how the group is progressing. That's limiting to us.

Greg

Wholehearted Endorsement of this Product

Reviewed on 31/7/2019

Pros

Pricing is economical and transparent. No mandatory phone conference/interview just to find out what it costs. Efficient sales process. Before my first phone call with the sales rep, they provided me links to YouTube videos detailing their capabilities, which greatly minimized the time required with the sales team to understand exactly what they offer. They were the only LMS I researched that did this and didn't hide their costs until the end. Extremely user friendly platform to administer and use that includes built-in course authoring tools. Meets all of our needs to provide internally developed online course ware in several formats. A course catalog and means for purchasing course ware from external content vendors is also integrated into the LMS. The staff are very responsive, outstanding to work with and very helpful when needed. They are also proactive and have solicited feedback about what next upgrades to their platform we would most like to see. If/when they get to some of those I'll easily give them full marks for functionality and features.

Cons

Customer service and communication is primarily via email, therefore, clarifying the exact nature and extent of a problem sometimes requires some back and forth.

Dave
  • Industry: Aviation & Aerospace

SkyPrep LMS Review

Reviewed on 30/7/2022

I have used SkyPrep with two different aviation/airline organizations in the past three years, and my experience has been outstanding throughout that time. The versatility of the system and the fast, efficient support when questions arise is priceless when operating in a fast-paced, high stress environment. As a manager and director, with training as a primary responsibility in both organizations, I would recommend SkyPrep to anyone that has a need to create, deploy, and track training across a wide organizational network.

Pros

The most appealing aspects of SkyPrep is the manner in which we were able to immediately begin using the LMS across our company once we teamed up with SkyPrep. Within 24 hours we had multiple courses uploaded and had learners completing coursework. As a company that is primarily comprised of remote employees, this platform exceeded all of our wants. Even the most skeptical within the organization have realized the value and versatility of the platform.

Cons

While I don't have any "cons" per say... it would be helpful if the platform had the ability to create and track training and safety audit type checklists (related to the courses in the system) that could be assigned and completed based on individual roles, performed monthly on a recurring basis, and then tracked to determine training course efficiency.

Shalayna

Great product! Easy to use! Very effective!

Reviewed on 31/7/2019

I am a corporate trainer for a dental management company, training over 100 employees each day. It is very important to us that we are able to apply systematic and consistent information to all 7 of our dental offices. SkyPrep has allowed us to do so, and has made it a very simple process. It's easy to set up, easy to make changes, and easy to track our employees' progress. It's also very user-friendly for the staff completing their training courses. We love it!

Pros

The software is very user-friendly and has been extremely easy to set up and implement.

Cons

I wish there was a feature to replace videos in the Resource Center. Often times our videos require updating, and it would be wonderful if we could easily replace a video, like we do with a document, without having to delete it, upload a new one, and add it back into all appropriate courses.

Sara

Very impressed!

Reviewed on 10/8/2021

Extremely positive. If I ever go to another business looking for a LMS, I will definitely be bringing it with me.

Pros

This system is very easy to implement and maintain as an admin. Furthermore, it is very user friendly from an admin and user perspective. Their customer service is amazing too as they have a monthly check in where they give you information on updates and are there to answer any questions - at no extra cost.

Cons

The only cons I have had, I have asked my contact there about it and they were quick to fix it or create a solution.

TalentLMS
Carlos

Amphibious Medics - Training Department

Reviewed on 29/6/2023

I really do love the functions that we now have in the premium version of SkyPrep. We're able to incorporate a whole bunch of training elements such as knowledge checks and assessments. We also really enjoy the permissions and roles function which allows more than 1 admin to upload material and grade material.

Pros

I love SkyPrep! We use it daily for our On-Boarding and to provide refresher courses to all of our active medical personnel so they can stay up to date with our protocols, policies, and procedures for our extensive equipment and medical treatment of employees.

Cons

I don't think I have an actual con for SkyPrep, I just had a hard time transferring all of our PowerPoint presentations without using Studio but I eventually learned that it was just easier to use Studio.

Lindsey

Pleasantly surprised with SkyPrep

Reviewed on 24/3/2017

We are a midsize municipal government agency and purchased SkyPrep for our LMS about a year ago. As the administrator for the LMS, I have been thoroughly impressed. The system has a very intuitive and user-friendly UI, our users require very little training to use it. They open it up and say, "oh, ok, I see my training pending my completion here. Seems easy enough." And that's it. Also from an admin side, its easy to use - I've trained several non-technical users on the admin role and I get similar feedback on ease of use. We also have a few 'group managers' who have security rights somewhere between admins and users.

It's inexpensive, which is perfect for us with a limited budget. Several departments have created their own content in Powerpoint or videos, and we've launched it to users, and the group manager monitors completion. We partnered with external content providers as well, - that's where the big money seems to go, so its been more cost effective to develop our own, which is easy to do with their content creator tool. But SkyPrep accepts content in so many different formats, that we've been able to leverage various webinar recordings, Youtube videos, even DVD content and internally-developed policies in Word and PDF.

Reporting is pretty simple - my only complaint is that the reporting options are somewhat limited. However, I sent an email to the service team making a request for an additional filter option, and - wham! They added it to my account. I was very impressed that they listened to my feedback and were so accommodating. That additional report has made my job much easier.

Another thing I've been thoroughly impressed with is their frequent releases and enhancements. It always seems like they're adding some new cool feature that again makes my job easier - seems like the frequency is somewhere between monthly and quarterly.

I still email my original contact on occasion with a question or comment, and he always gets back to me within a day.

Really, really pleased with SkyPrep.

Jack
Jack

your learning platform partner

Reviewed on 19/6/2014

I have been on both sides of the IT tech/user interface. I can enthusiastically and unequivocally say that I have never known an IT operation with a more positive can-do attitude than SkyPrep's. First, they have a stellar platform. But no platform is perfect and there are always features and options that might make it better. In other IT operations -- including the ones I have belonged to -- the attitude on the part of the tech people was very much we/they. "We (the tech people) know all. And wouldn't this be a great job if it weren't for all those users and customers we have to deal with." The attitude at SkyPrep is much healthier and ultimately much more constructive for everyone. If you have an idea for a feature, SkyPrep's approach is open-minded and creative. "Hmmm. Maybe that would be a good idea. And maybe it would be even better if we also did such-and-such..." I'm not saying the SkyPrep tech people don't have to prioritize and I'm not saying they can drop everything for every request you make, but they seem to think of customers as partners, as scouts for what the training market needs. So if you need more than a cookie cutter approach to a learning platform, I would make two suggestions. Number one, sign up with SkyPrep; most if not all the features you need are probably already there. Number Two, think of yourself as their partner in return by respectfully and appreciatively letting them know what you think would help them in their mission of making SkyPrep even better and better and better. And that's saying a lot.

Response from SkyPrep

Thanks Jack! We will always work to make sure you are getting what you need.

Veronica

Great system, great customer support, overall one of the easiest LMS to get up and running

Reviewed on 28/2/2022

Overall SkyPrep is an easy tool to work with and navigate. It provides an ease of conducting training alongside a great team of customer support for any issue resolution or system enhancements.

Pros

The customer support for SkyPrep is by far the best experience I have had with any other vendor. The system itself is very intuitive and easy to understand without training. The end user and administrator view are both easy to work with.

Cons

The reporting feature does not provide all the data that is available in the system. There are occasional enhancements or customization that has been completed but it would be nice to have more control over the advanced reports and what data you want to include in each report.

David
  • Industry: Consumer Services

All Your Training Material Under One Roof

Reviewed on 16/6/2023

Game Changer in the Training field.

Game Changer in the Training field.

Pros

Before Skyprep, our training material was spread everywhere: On Google Drive, on YouTube, in binders, in random file cabinets, you name the place, we had a piece of training material there. Now, now, now, we have it ALL under one roof with easy to navigate Learning Paths.

Cons

Not many cons here, it's a robust system with easy to use uploading/assigning mechanics.

Anamarie
  • Industry: Environmental Services
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Government Client 2 classes created

Reviewed on 6/4/2017

The ease of creating the course is excellent. The ability to upload videos, documents, exams is user-friendly. Searching for users and viewing their course history, and the details of the individual course items is fantastic. I would have given more starts for features & functionality but I think our use of the system pales in comparison to your other customers and we have not had the need to take advantage of full features available to us. The value is good considering the time savings from an in-person course. Thanks and keep up the great work!

Pros

ease of use, ability to share classes with other potential customers

Cons

not sure if users are cheating...
not sure if users have ability to complete courses on their smartphones?

Courtney
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

SkyPrep Review

Reviewed on 30/4/2019

This has helped with tracking employee compliance training, new hire training, etc. It has been great to add a more formalized look and feel to our training program.

Pros

As an admin, the system is very user friendly. Uploading content, creating new user accounts, creating courses and learning paths, etc. is very straightforward. I am also able to get quick responses from the SkyPrep team when I run into issues. I have also seen some of our feature requests become actual features, which has been great!

Cons

We did have some technical issues on our end that other customers did not experience. So it took a bit of time before it was able to be diagnosed and resolved. The issue was something our company needed to address.

Meg
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

SkyPrep - Great support, Great buy~

Reviewed on 30/4/2019

SkyPrep employees are very attentive to the needs of their customers. We have personal support without account and receive help with troubleshooting issues when they arise.

Pros

SkyPrep allows us to track our employee training fairly easily. Once we came up with a plan of attack in how we wanted to format our LMS, it became apparent to us that SkyPrep offered most of the tracking options we needed to keep our employees learning. SkyPrep allows us to assign training to anyone in the company and track the progress of their work.

Cons

There are a few options that are missing from SkyPrep which we have been promised will be developed soon.

Stephanie

Sky Prep Software

Reviewed on 18/5/2021

Customer service is awesome and always very willing to help with any issues I may have.

Pros

Easy to use. User friendly navigations. Easily customizable to your needs.

Cons

I have no complaints, this is the software that was perfect for out needs. They have gone above and beyond.

Julie
  • Industry: Government Administration

Easy to Use

Reviewed on 4/4/2019

We are in the beginning stages of using SkyPrep, but so far our employees like the platform. They find it easy to use and understand. When I have needed assistance SkyPrep support has always been available. I like talking with a person, rather than resolving issues via email. I would highly recommend this product!!

Pros

I like that I can easily figure out the functionality without needing to contact SkyPrep for help. When I signed up for the free trial, I was able to quickly enter users, assign courses and create assessments without assistance. That sold me on the product. My company now uses it on a daily basis.

Cons

Sometimes the platform is so easy to use that I over-think functionality. But, with a quick call to our account manager issues are resolved.

Pamela

Excelent LM System and Support

Reviewed on 19/8/2019

Wonderful. Planning to grow our business with them.

Wonderful. Planning to grow our business with them.

Pros

The course features made it easy for me to set up my online school. Plus, they have adapted special requests. Customer service is especially good.

Cons

Inconsistent for users wanting to access through hot spot or phone data

Kathy

Sky Prep Review

Reviewed on 7/3/2022

Good

Good

Pros

Implemented easily. Runs our CE courses flawlessly. Registration and using the website is simple

Cons

Lack of reporting in my level of Sky Prep. Feel like I should get better reports for the monthly fee

Karen
  • Industry: Biotechnology

SkyPrep review

Reviewed on 9/7/2020

Overall, everyone has been helpful. Good customer service. The only issue was trying to make sure previous designed course materials and attendance records were included on the platform when we first started. We were able to accomplish that task over time but it wasn't easily done.

Pros

The software is user friendly. Once I provided specific written instructions for user to access, people seem to have no problems accessing and performing required tasks.

Cons

The sequence of materials seems to confuse users the most. When I enforce a certain order, users are not sure how to proceed through the course. Once I explain the steps to complete one before they can move on, they got it. Also, I would like the ability to have more than one choice for automated email to choose from for when the course is ready to access.

Kara
  • Industry: Media Production

Great Resource

Reviewed on 3/4/2017

We are a small-growing-to-midsize company that uses Skyprep as an online training site for external clients. It's easy to set up various modules by simply adding and arranging Powerpoints, videos, PDFs, etc. Like any software, there are improvements to me made (it would be nice to be able to filter active vs. inactive users and have even better reporting features, but over the year we've used the platform it only keeps improving, it doesn't get worse. I tried a demo of another software site that wasn't as easy to use, so I would say Skyprep is one of the best on the market for people without a computer programming background. Users, for the most part, find it easy to use, they just have trouble sometimes with losing their log-ins, resetting their passwords, and knowing the right button to go to the next module. But overall, most everyone has had a very good experience with this platform, internally and externally.

Pros

Ease of use, features, layout, accepted files

Cons

Reporting, managing users

Kacey

Premiere Credit

Reviewed on 28/1/2021

Great customer service and ease of product overall

Great customer service and ease of product overall

Pros

Tracking features, certificates, ability to grade courses

Cons

Position features, not marking who uploads content

Giacomo

The perfect platform to startup a LMS even if you have never used one!

Reviewed on 22/2/2022

Pros

It's very easy to use and you can setup courses in seconds. it also offers great material flexibility to embed content from online video platforms as well as office documents.

Cons

Course Selling capabilities are end user oriented and therefore difficult to manage for B2B

Felicia
  • Industry: Restaurants
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Jimmy's Goes Digital with Learning!

Reviewed on 8/7/2020

I've worked with SkyPrep with two separate restaurant concepts now. They are very helpful and supportive through the entire process, and we have minimal issues.

Pros

It is easy for me to keep track of where all the learners are within the program, especially with a company that is in multiple states. A lot less traveling to verify.

Cons

The initial set up took some time, but once it was in place, adjustments to the learning content was a breeze.

Kevin

Great Product!

Reviewed on 31/7/2019

Great product with great customer service.

Great product with great customer service.

Pros

I love the ability to customize and brand the interface for users.

Cons

I wish there was a feature to send email alerts with custom certificates when users complete a learning path.

HealthStream Learning Center

Reasons for Switching to SkyPrep

The customization and ease of use.