Microsoft 365

4.7 (13,591)
Write a Review!
Cloud collaboration and file sharing application suite

(13,591)
4.3/5
4.6/5
4.5/5
4.3/5

Ishmael
Ishmael

"Complete Office Setup, Good and Profitable for Business"

Reviewed on 14/10/2020

My overall, across-the-board experience using Microsoft 365 has been profitable and extremely good for my business.
("There is nothing negative I could honestly say.".)
Therefore I gave Microsoft 365, five- stars out of five. And I recommend this software to all my friends. "Especially those operating and conducting a productive business."
Please leave your comments if you like and thank you for reading my review.

Pros

What I like about Microsoft 365 is how easy it is to install and how quickly I can process word documents, spreadsheets, and power-point presentations. Microsoft 365 is a complete office setup that is cheap and affordable. My lifetime license cost about ten to fifteen American dollars and is good for up to 5 devices. I use Microsoft 365 for my business because it includes many productive applications I like and use daily. For example, it comes with, "Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams, Onedrive, Exchange, SharePoint, In-tune, Access, and Publisher." Plus Microsoft 365 comes with a 30 day free trial so you can try before you buy.

Cons

"What I like the least about Microsoft 365 is" To be honest, I have not had any bad experiences using this software in the last two years. If a problem or issue materializes, I contact Microsoft 365 customer service hotline, And they have proven to me to be competent and very professional. They are always ready to assist. Therefore I have no negative comments.

Lucas
Lucas

The worlds best business productivity suite

Reviewed on 27/9/2023

Pros

Growing up with Microsoft products, M365 was a natural fit, we run our entire business within this ecosystems. Files, Sharing, Meetings, Emails everything. Its designed with business in mind.

Cons

Setting up a tenancy from a customer standpoint can be daunting, there does need to be more help from a customer side. If you use the product everyday its very easy however.

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

The maturity of the Microsoft 365 suite over Google is the most compelling, management of tenancies and additional features that are suited to business and corporations.
Tito

Office 365 Standard Outlook, Calendar, Spreadsheets, Documents. Good overall. Great compatibili...

Reviewed on 23/5/2024

Overall good. Do your homework if you are comparing to other services on deployment. Products are great and most people are familiar with them making them easy to deploy. I recommend it but look at all your options.

Pros

Word, excel, outlook, etc. is a standard so having these tools are great for collaboration. Same look and old school office products that we are all used to. Great industry compatibility.

Cons

Not much innovation. Same old Office products with a different name. Outlook still using pst for storage. Archiving is meh. Cumbersome and too many options for the average user on all products. Google workspace is innovative and most options are set up by default without configuration.

John
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

Good Feature Set but Still a Ways to Go

Reviewed on 9/4/2019

I believe that most companies signing up with Microsoft for email get an attractive deal for Office 365 as an included package. That makes the offering worthwhile. The office tools online are getting better but still have a ways to go. Online access and collaboration is worth the extra cost for Office 365 but just don't expect to have it transform your life completely.

Pros

The cloud availability and collaboration capabilities are definitely the best features of Office 365. It's nice to be able to access email, files and my tools from any device anywhere. That gives me freedom to not have my laptop with me in every situation. I love the ability to share and collaborate on documents with teammates and have a central location for us to all share files and ideas.

Cons

The tools are just not robust enough yet and in the case of SharePoint and Teams, they are downright clunky. We have all been spoiled over the years with the excellent products Microsoft has developed for their Office platform. The many generations of these products have given us business tools that we legitimately could not do without. Power Point is very good, Word is excellent, and Excel cannot be be beaten. However, their cloud counterparts still fall noticeably short of the client offerings. Yes, you can choose to edit your online doc in the client version but you actually must to access some of your favorite functionality. That is irritating and you find yourself just defaulting to the client if you feel like you have even marginally heavy lifting to do. SharePoint and Teams, in my opinion, are great ideas that don't yet have a positive user experience to make them must-have tools.

Andrew

M365 - Built for Business

Reviewed on 21/3/2024

Incredible. By far the best holistic office suite I have ever used.

Incredible. By far the best holistic office suite I have ever used.

Pros

Functionality, accessibility and administrative access to amazing.
Microsoft have come leaps and bounds over the past decade.

Cons

Some additional security functionality would be good in the future to replace other the need for 3rd party threat detection or RMM functions.

Google Workspace

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

It's a far more advanced and holistic offering. Microsoft Office 365 is the best product on the market in it's field.
Rita
  • Industry: Research

An everyday tool

Reviewed on 26/3/2024

Pros

I like how every different app/feature is connected in some way with the other, like the calendar has a connection with outlook and teams or like tables and graphics from excel can be incorporated into word documents

Cons

I still find the editing features not good enough and sometimes I want to edit the graphics, tables and images a bit more.

Randy
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Microsoft 365 low cost access to Microsoft Suite

Reviewed on 23/5/2024

Pros

Easy way to get access to suite of Microsoft products that are kept up to date

Cons

Notice of renewal does not always get received

Traci

Great bang for your buck.

Reviewed on 22/5/2024

Overall, Microsoft 365 is a great resource to get things done and be productive. It works great and is easy to learn.

Pros

The free version is great for getting things done and the pro version is great at an affordable price. It is nice to be able to use the suite of tools that we all have known since we started using a computer. What I like best is that it auto saves your work.

Cons

What I like least is the ads in the email that make you think that it is an email. I understand having ads support a free service but don't have the links where the emails are.

Ted

MS 365 Good to Go

Reviewed on 20/6/2024

I use all of the programs in the suite. Power Point and Word the most.
But even publisher, with the...

I use all of the programs in the suite. Power Point and Word the most.
But even publisher, with the enhancements is a great program

Pros

Always up to date with the latest version
PLus the 1TB of cloud storage and the ability to access it anywhere

Cons

I'd like to see the individual plan prioce a bit lower, say $69.99

Leigh
Leigh
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Good product, but support should be better

Reviewed on 23/5/2024

Good but not exceptional. Certain tools, like Teams, could/should be less complicated to integrate

Pros

Quality of product is good and pricing for breadth of features is good "when bundled"

Cons

Intergration with desktop and the over usage of icons - menus can actually be more functional, as icons are NOT as intuitive as Microsoft seems to think.

• Industry: Music
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

The clear winner when it comes to office productivity

Reviewed on 3/5/2019

Organisation has now moved from a totally on-premise hosting infrastructure to a hybrid solution, with Exchange server no longer being used and mailboxes moved to cloud Exchange hosting. Office 2007 package has been replaced with Office 365 ProPlus licencing that can activate the newest version of the Office suite. Users can now access files via SharePoint and can work from home, meaning VPN and on-premises file storage can be deprecated if required.

Pros

Very user-friendly interfaces that are intuitive and take very little training to pick up. On a subscription model with continuous feature updates. Office 365 subscription means applications can be accessed via a web interface or can be used to activate an installation of the current Office productivity suite (depending on subscription level). Support is quick to respond and provide solutions. Easy for administrators in an enterprise setting to alter licencing levels for users.

Cons

Due to the nature of cloud subscriptions if there is a outage on Microsoft's side or network issues, this can affect accessibility to the Office 365 suite. Often if there are issues, the service health dashboard available to administrators is slow to be updated with outage information. Pricing can be excessive for higher-level subscription licencing.

Google Workspace and LibreOffice

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Office 365 seemed to be the leader and being sold by Microsoft, the popular market name, it seemed the obvious choice. For a non-profit organisation such as us, their non-profit pricing was appealing. Users already had experience with the Office suite and administrators already had experience with technologies such as Exchange and Active Directory so didn't need retraining.
Benjamin E
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

Industry-Standard for a Reason

Reviewed on 11/6/2019

Pros

It just works. Documents go through without odd formatting issues or incompatibility problems. Everything works and the documentation and community are top-notch.

Cons

Basically, I had to pay for it, but that's the cost of doing business well.

WordPerfect Office

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

Previous software packages were sometimes hard to use to get the results I was looking for. Missing documentation or poor community support didn't make it any easier. Finally, I decided I was done being an amateur, upgrading to an office suite that wouldn't cause problems with my clients.

Apache OpenOffice

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

I used WP for years when I was in high school and college, but when it comes to cross-platform sharing, as I do as a writer dealing with multiple clients, compatibility issues are a poor excuse.
Jon

Office 365 is the cloud version of Office

Reviewed on 19/7/2020

While you could get by using open source only solutions such as Libre Office or something similar, I've found that the money saved paying for Office is easily offset by the amount of time I have to allocate teaching each user how to use the less intuitive and somewhat buggy "free" software. There are other solutions out there but there is a good reason that Office has been the gold standard for the last 20 plus years. It's well worth the cost.

Pros

- Office is extremely easy to use for a new user but is powerful enough that power users (and developers) can perform amazingly complex processes using just this "simple" tool.
- The cloud based solution allows teams to securely share documents (worksheets) and have multiple users updating the document with the changes each user makes reflected to the other users in real time.
- You can perform simple actions like mail merge to take a contact list and create cards or labels; however, the tools are rich enough that a developer can use Macros and Regular Expressions to completely transform documents.
- It's easy to apply a built-in style (or create your own style for your business) so that all business correspondence is consistently formatted and looks professional.
- Outlook is the premier tool for email. I could write an entire review simply on Outlooks Junk mail handling and customized rules. If you use email, you need Outlook.
- When you have subscribed to Office 365, Office mobile is available to you as well.

Cons

- The only caveat I have for Office 365 is the monthly (or yearly) billing cycle. If I pay for 12 months of outlook, that's exactly what I get. On month 13, I'm left with no office suite unless I start paying for another month/year.
- I prefer to purchase Office 2019 (one time payment that means that I own the software although I am only entitled to updates for 1 year). It still has the ability to work with Office 365 users but isn't quite a well-suited to the cloud as it's physically installed on your laptop.

Reasons for Choosing Microsoft 365

LibreOffice is interesting and is a great option for Linux OS (or spinoffs like Mint, Ubuntu) where users are expected to take the time to learn how to use software that isn't always "user friendly" but for my office, I want something that is user friendly and consistently works (virtually bug free). I'm willing to trade off spending more of my budget on the software to save the more expensive time of my IT resources.

LibreOffice

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Lotus Notes feels like an abandoned product and I just don't feel like I can trust Google not to use my company's data for their own purposes and share it (however "obscured") with advertisers. I explained about LibreOffice above.
Aby

Outstanding Office Suites for real unexpected solutions

Reviewed on 2/10/2022

It is always fun while working in our team motivated to benefit rarely reading the entire presented word documents as Microsoft 365 enabled every filtering for sensitive contents within a single click. I just need to draft its framework and the resulting business analysis is always friendly giving us more growth within the limited time.

Pros

With Microsoft 365 my published idea can motivate my team performance for a greater return never ever expected. This ideal innovation stands apart giving us real time remarkable analysis transforming its cloud security in the true ascertainment. When performance scale values our real-time implementation using Word as a documentation input, Powerpoint as its stimulated presented image, Excel for its live charted tabulation across the Visio mind-charts, when outlook can send this across our contacts with no loss of time wanting how everything is in one place for such live implementations. Today with Microsoft 365 I can communicate this workplace anywhere I can connect forgetting any risks. Together we are motivated for re-engineering our results for agile revenue to build up a team that can exist wherever human connectivity cannot be forgotten.

I value this timely benefits over a single click when excel predictions can boost our old time historic data into a visual model using sensitive matrix written in a word documents for its follow-ups. I could even find abnormalities from insufficient sources once earned larger investments for this business analysis. I feel overvalued as everything is safe for our teams contributions will be fault-proof from any data vulnerabilities.

Cons

There is less economic solution that can warn us if anything goes wrong within our daily solutions restoring its predictive business operations. How longer there is a clustering technique for cloud activity there must be an enhanced technique comparing everything available online and our own visualizations drafted here exists with no plagiarisms.In this unique detection our workspace must own unique rights over what else may appear for such deep learning predictions. I feel if this necessitate that there is always server-less cloud security in Web 3.0 ahead. My team finds always worth investing here.

SoftMaker Office and LibreOffice

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Always expertise says we must complete our tasks creating the best ever possible results. Microsoft 365 helped me with this innovations.
Davide
  • Industry: Legal Services

The king of the hill for decades - for good reason

Reviewed on 22/8/2023

It’s the most famous and used suite in the world, so we need to say more? It has its shortcomings, sure, but all in all it’s not much and practice makes perfect. Moreover, be it at individual level or at large corporate level, the suite is familiar and has your back covered.

Pros

Microsoft 365 is as popular as personal computers go, and for good reason. After decades of development, you couldn’t really ask for much more. The suite is rich, clean, and usable on-premise on Windows and Mac devices as well as online.

Cons

One of the biggest gripes I have is that sometimes the UI feels clunky, some basic features are buried in sub menus and other less used feature are more prominent. Other features are just plain clunky to use or to look at - sometimes you can see that its a suite that has been kept up to date through the years and not thought/rebuilt from the ground up, so to say. You can customise many aspects, but it’s a long process. I don’t think that this is a deal breaker at all, but some competitors do better and are less jarring especially when using a feature for the first time.

Google Workspace

Reasons for Switching to Microsoft 365

Microsoft suite is well established and its file formats are a world standard. I also find it easier to work with it since it’s so widely used and online you can find tutorial, help, third party integrations and all kind of tools
Maryorie
Maryorie
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Office 365 toolkit for everyday work management.

Reviewed on 15/9/2018

Office 365, brings programs such as Word that allows me to transcribe work of promotion, research, among others, like receiving files from my students mounted on this tool. Another program that used a lot is PowerPoint, which helps me to make presentations of my classes, in a practical, interactive, with as many tools to make knowledge more effective, also for the presentation of research at events academics; Another program is the Excell that I use to design budget calculations, note control, tables and graphs with results data, among many other things. In addition to these, which are the most used, I also use the OneDrive that allows me to store information from different management sources in the cloud. The other tools I have also used, not so frequently but it has also allowed me to achieve what I need at certain times. Actually the Office 365 is a necessary tool, and important in the daily life of my work as a teacher and researcher.

Pros

Office 365 is a very complete software package to be installed on computer equipment. These programs are well known, and daily use of the PC such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneDrive, Outlook, Publisher, Access, Skype, among others. And to install it is only necessary to have a subscription, in most cases when you buy a computer you install Windows and automatically the Office, so it is the most widely used package, and allows you to share information handled through the different tools that it brings with other people, although they have different versions. Effectively the applications that this service brings are the best ones to create, save, and share with other users through the network different types of files, with different applications. And it even allows applications to be combined

Cons

Since I use a PC, they have had Office installed in their versions for the particular time, and used all the programs it brings and so far I have not had problems of the program that caused me any particular circumstance that reflects some flaw of the applications. Sometimes I have strained viruses that are causing the failures, and I have even deleted files from Office programs, but these are not problems of the package, comes from using the Internet, or placing on PC artifacts such as PENDRIVES and others, infected.

Claudia
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Offers great apps and tools to optimize productivity and communication

Reviewed on 7/2/2019

Perfect for business use. Lots of different apps and features that are very useful in businesses. It helps allow for better communication between coworkers, especially with Skype (for video conferencing), Microsoft Teams (for instant messaging), and Yammer (for creating polls, praise, and any updates). Office 365 has definitely helped me work more efficiently. I've gone from "working harder" to "working smarter" thanks to this software!

Pros

I like how it has OneDrive so that you can upload things onto the Cloud Drive so that you can share it with other users. I also like how you can create groups and put multiple e-mails. I also like how you can create calendars and share them with people (which is especially helpful in the business office setting to know when certain people have appointments/meetings, at work, on vacation, etc.). The instant message via Microsoft Teams is great too when trying to communicate with people in different offices. I also like how there are so many different apps I can utilize. There is Delve, Flow, Kaizala, OneNote, Yammer, and PowerApps, Dynamics 365. Unfortunately, I don't use these at my office, but I can see them being utilized fully in other businesses. I use Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint a lot. I like how all of these have templates too, so I can use those instead of starting from scratch. Excel has one for personal monthly budget, custom calendar, project trackers, lists, weekly timesheets, travel expense trackers, etc. All of these are so useful! All you have to do is input your own data/numbers/words because all the formulas are already preset. Microsoft Word has templates for resumes, business letters, event flyers, reports, newsletters, invitations, etc. They're all so wonderful and helpful!

Cons

I don't like how you are not able to import or export contacts easily between other e-mail platforms (i.e. google.com) and Outlook. I wish there was some way it could all sync up. Also, they have an app for Outlook, but it's not very user-friendly. A lot of functions are not available (i.e. open another mailbox) and it's hard to see the full e-mail window when I'm typing.

Central Online Location for all Microsoft Products

Reviewed on 3/3/2019

More time is saved with Office 365, which in turn leads to better results because more effort is available for completing the actual projects versus figuring out how to execute them. There is easy access to information about your relationship with Microsoft (products).

Pros

Office 365 is an online central source for almost all of the Microsoft products.
The key here is that you can use the programs you own on another device that may not have the program installed on it.
Certain projects and situations and other Microsoft programs are better suited to be used in an online version versus an installed one.
When used alongside with SharePoint, for group collaboration, being in an online platform allows for realtime feedback and group work.

Need to check your email? It's there.
Need to see how the group project is going and give some feedback? That's there, too.
Don't have a flash drive with you and on a guest computer? You can directly use Microsoft products on Microsoft without installation.

Office 365 is essentially a command center and online version of Microsoft products.

Cons

There is trouble with accessing Office 365. Some institutions require institution-specific landing pages, and many institutions don't allow you to go through the mother Office 365 portal through the Microsoft website. More agreement with landing pages and institutions as not everyone always has the institution specific link would make accessing the program better. An example is when login information is not recognized. Choosing or being on institution specific landing pages should not alter your access to the product you own or have access to.

Microsoft Office 365 Review

Reviewed on 2/6/2019

The ulitmate best experience possible out of all software suite packages that I use!

Pros

The software suite of apps are so Robust and you have them both on the cloud and on the desktop to use whatever way you desire. The MS software apps are the best money "can't buy" - meaning you can't buy any better apps than MS provides for each category you are dealing with. Their phone and/or remote session tech support is beyond the word "fantastic", and they immediately answer the phone when you call and get righton having remote sessions and finding and fixing the issues that need to be troubleshooted and rectified. All of this support is 100% free and for every application in the suite of apps provided...from Onedrive to OneNote to MS Word...and on and on!!!

Cons

Each app is so ROBUSt that it truly takes a gargantuan amount of time to really learn how to work with them if you really want to use them to their fullest potential. There is no "easy fx for this" and you have to expend the time and energy to learn the "ins and outs" of each app to know "how to work it". Consequently, the ONLY big issue I have is with OneDrive and OneNote...as they are 2 separate apps but the reality is that they are really ONE...meaning unless OneDrive is configured properly...OneNote will NOT work...and vice-versa. Therefore, it does take time to figure this all out as a new user...but now that I'm an experienced one, with many dozens of hours of tech support history "under my belt" - I now know what to do when I have to do a "clean install" of Windows 10 and reinstall the desktop apps again....as I learned the "hard knox way" what must be done from the "get go" to get BOTH theses apps going in the right flow! I recently purchased a brand new computer and i did NOt need tech support to assist me in installing Office 365 because I had learned all the "tricks of the trade" from past experience already, and I was able to do just fine installing the entire app suite alone without getting tech support on the phone!

Osamah
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security
  • Company size: 5,001–10,000 Employees

The Complete Package

Reviewed on 10/9/2019

I have been using Office 365 for over 7 years now and I am completely satisfied with it. It provides me with every product that I need like Word, OneDrive and PowerPoint. it runs smoothly and doesn't consume a lot of memory.

Office 365 has saved me many times when I needed to do some work and studies. I have become attached to it and I can't let it go now. it's simply my best package so far!

Pros

I am always asked to make a decent presentation, a proper and organized article, a database and many more other duties. Luckily I have Office 365. it is the absolute package that contains all of the necessary tools to get these duties accomplished.

All my favourite Softwares are gathered in one place ( Office 365 ). I use almost every product included in the package. PowerPoint to make perfect presentations to my college, Word to prepare a well-shaped article, and Excel to make some huge databases that contain tons of information and calculations!

I also use OneDrive which is a product included in Office 365 that gives you access to your files from anywhere, whether you're at home resting at your bed, or at the library studying or even in a vacation on the beach. You can access your files from literally anywhere!

One thing I like a lot about Office 365 is that once you get it, you will have it on your PC, on your phone and even on your Tablet or smartwatch!

Also, I like the fast-paced updates. with Office 365 you will always have Word, PowerPoint, OneDrive, SharePoint and many other products at the latest version as soon as it comes out!

Cons

While you can access your files at any time and from anywhere, you need an internet connection for that, so if you happen to not have an available internet connection, you will not be able to access your files at all.

Office 365 uses the latest technology and do updates for its products pretty often, Office 365 is so advanced to the point that sometimes it will not be compatible with some old systems and devices. Although you might be able to come around this problem but that process is very time-consuming.

sameer
sameer

Office 365- The ultimate software package that manages all day to day work related tasks.

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

My overall experience with Office 365 products has been really amazing. I can assure that for me these products are the real work companions who help me manage my teams and work in very fast and effective manner . I cannot imagine my laoptop without these products and without these it would be really impossible for me to manage such large data and teams. A big shoutout to Microsoft for all that they do!

Pros

Well, as it is a bunch of softwares including excel, PPT, Word, onenote, outlook, teams, skype etc. I specifically use the above mentioned softwares on a day to day basis and each one has there own set of unique advatages and functionality that the others don't have. But I were to generalize, I would say that the seamlessness, smoothness and the cutting edge technology with which all these applications work is the part is like the most about these softwares. For example, data handling and data comparison with formulaes like Vlookup, Hlookup are the best and most unique features that only Excel provides.

Cons

The only thing that I least like about the Office products is the sudden shutdown of these applications whenever we have opening a bit heavy files on these softwares. Once, they show the sign of "Not Responding" , I just prepare for loosing my 2-3 hours of heard work since in sudden crash, these softwares are at times not able to retain the work done in last few hours (though once in a blue moon they are able to recover but most of the times they don't). On the communication side, one feature of skype for business that I like the least is that once the laptop is started it takes quite a lot of time to connect to the server as compared to other similar products available in the market and thus at times wastes some time of the end user who wants to chat to someone on an urgent basis. Last but not the least, some work could be done for sure to make the GUI of teams a bit user friendly since for me it was quite difficult and i took some time to understand its features and functionalities.

Ben
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Office 365 is awesome. That's really all I can say.

Reviewed on 6/9/2017

Cheap, easy to manage, and capable office productivity software.

Cheap, easy to manage, and capable office productivity software.

Pros

Office 365 brings so many excellent features to "boring" productivity programs.

First, the syncing of files across machines, accounts, and cloud storage is brilliant. I can't believe we used to email files.

Second, the stability of programs is greatly improved. Office 365, as a subscription service, gives us constant updates, which is great for bug-fixes, feature improvements, and new capabilities.

Third, the integration into the Microsoft ecosystem is great. We already use Outlook and OneDrive, so now that we only have to pay a single price for all these services spiraled into one is great.

Fourth, look and feel. Office 365 looks so much better than it used to. Not only does our work look better, but on a daily basis we gripe much less than we used to about the ugly windows we stare at for hours.

Fifth and final, Office 365 is just so easy to manage. No more worries about compatibility issues after an upgrade. No more worries about onboarding new accounts, or even waiting for installation from the admin. It's just so easy now.

Cons

Office 365 has some glaring bugs that have just never been fixed. For example, if a file is synced to an off-site location (whether that be in the cloud, a network drive, etc), and the web connection gets interrupted or is not stable, there can be sync issues which lead to conflicting versions of the same file. This is an easy issue to avoid, but it has bitten us a few times.

Over all, the biggest con is just some ugly bugs that seem to endure.

RODOLFO
  • Industry: Accounting

All in One Software to for Your Day Job and Business

Reviewed on 11/8/2021

Overall, I am completely satisfied using Office 365. It can be costly since it follows a subscription model, the cost is worth it, considering the benefits and apps that it provides. Since it is created by Microsoft Corporation, you are assured that it will be highly maintained and improved for years to come to satisfy its users. You can also be assured that the customer support that you will get is top notched.

Pros

I have been a subscriber to Office 365 since 2019. I am using Excel and MS Word heavily since they came out. I am an accountant by profession and these two apps (Excel & MS Word) including Powerpoint helped me get the job done in my work and in my business.

By the way, Office 365 Family allows you to install your devices up to 5 devices. Your apps get sync between your devices. So the history of the files you are working on with the 3 software I mentioned above gets synced and stored in the history of your devices. If you are using OndeDrive to store your files, then you will be able to access them anywhere as long as there is Internet. And with the history stored in your software, you know where to pick up where you left off.

Another key feature if you are using Office 365 is the ability to get automatic upgrades and updates. As long as you stay subscribed, your software are always up-to-date.

Office 365 also provides access to other apps such as Outlook, Access, Publisher, One Note, OneDrive (cloud storage), and Skype usage (60 minutes / month if you are using Family.)

Lastly, another feature is file sharing. You can share your files to anyone you want and give them the access to edit it. You can share a file or a folder.

Cons

Subscription cost is the price for using Office 365. Not everyone likes to pay subscription. But if you are a heavy user of Excel, MS Word, Outlook and OneDrive and works with different devices like me then it's worth it. But if you're just a casual user, you may not utilize its full potential. Although the Family subscription can lower down your cost greatly by sharing it with your household.

This might not be bad thing, but I must point out, you may not be able to use all its apps and features. Because of free communication online, I don't use Skype. I also don't use Access and One Note.

Hogan
  • Industry: Legal Services

It has everything you need and plenty more that you don't. Why would you ever switch?

Reviewed on 26/4/2022

My entire university has Microsoft Office regardless of which platform they have. The same is true with my job. I can't even think of another company I would prefer to go to even if money were no obstacle. There are not many things in life that I could say that about.

Pros

What I like the most is the standardization. Every single person has access two programs like Microsoft Word and Excel. They may look at a Word document through the free site, albeit with limited functions, but they will be able to see it. Plus, I have used all of the Microsoft products for well over 20 years and would be at an extreme disadvantage if I had to choose another platform now. I feel like this is one of those brands that has a polarizing effect. Just like people are very opinionated on a controversy of Apple laptops versus Windows laptops. You either love Microsoft products or Google Docs. And while docs has its advantages also, I much prefer the Comfort, consistency, and dependability of Microsoft Office.

Cons

I am having a issue in Microsoft Word. Every time I create a new quick reference bar and add all of the tabs but I will find useful oh, and record all of the macros that simulate a person touching the keyboard such as the enter key or delete key, when I restart my computer everything is gone and if I open my "normal" template it is gone from there too. I tried going through Best Buy all the way up to their top Geek Squad representative oh, and they were not able to fix it. He said it appears to be an enterprise-level issue, yet I only have 365 family, so it should not be in Enterprise issue. I'm hoping to have it corrected soon. It's been going on close to a year.

Michael
  • Industry: Law Enforcement
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Why I like Microsoft 365

Reviewed on 27/1/2023

Overall, my experience with Microsoft 365 has been positive. The platform offers a wide range of productivity tools, such as Microsoft Office apps, that are widely used and very powerful for creating and editing documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. Additionally, the platform's collaboration tools, such as OneDrive, OneNote, and SharePoint, allow me to easily share and work on files with others in real-time, which helps me to stay productive and efficient.Furthermore, Microsoft 365 offers advanced security features, such as multi-factor authentication, which improves the security of my business data. I also appreciate the platform's ability to integrate with other apps and services, making it easy for me to use it within my usual workflow.However, the cost of Microsoft 365 can be relatively expensive, depending on the plan and the number of users. Additionally, the platform can have some limitations when it comes to customization options, especially on the design aspect of the documents. Additionally, the platform can be complex to navigate, especially for new users or for those who are not familiar with the Microsoft suite of products, which can be frustrating and slow down my workflow.Despite these challenges, the overall experience with Microsoft 365 has been positive, as it provides a wide range of powerful productivity and collaboration tools that can help me increase my productivity and efficiency.

Pros

One of the things I like most about Microsoft 365 is the range of productivity tools it offers. The suite includes Microsoft Office apps such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and others, which are widely used and very powerful tools for creating and editing documents, spreadsheets, and presentations. Additionally, Microsoft 365 provides a wide range of collaboration tools, such as OneDrive, OneNote, and SharePoint, that allow me to easily share and work on files with others in real-time. This helps me to stay productive and efficient. Furthermore, Microsoft 365 offers advanced security features, such as multi-factor authentication, which improves the security of my business data. Another thing I like about Microsoft 365 is its ability to integrate with other apps and services, making it easy for me to use it within my usual workflow.

Cons

One of the things I like least about Microsoft 365 is the cost. Depending on the plan and the number of users, the platform can be relatively expensive. Additionally, the platform can have some limitations when it comes to customization options, especially on the design aspect of the documents. Another thing I like least about Microsoft 365 is that it can be complex to navigate, especially for new users or for those who are not familiar with the Microsoft suite of products. Furthermore, Microsoft 365 may not have the same level of integration with other tools and software that I use, which can make it difficult to use the platform within my usual workflow. Additionally, some features of the platform can be a bit slow to load or take time to learn, which can be frustrating and slow down my workflow. Overall, while Microsoft 365 offers a wide range of powerful productivity and collaboration tools, it can be costly and have some limitations.