Leticia M.

Resource Guru has been a game-changer for us

Reviewed on 24/9/2019

I love Resource Guru. It's the only thing that's shifted our capacity management into a new gear. By which I mean: No more trying to manage everything from a single calendar, complete visibility over workflow and appointments, and the ability to see at a glance how much time is available on any given day.

Pros

1. It doesn't try to do anything other than what it's best for
2. Calendar sync
3. Cost-effectiveness
4. Responsiveness of the support team (including on UX suggestions! Amazing.)
5. The little guru on the dashboard. Yeah it's cosmetic but it makes me feel good every time I log in.
6. Easy to set up and use.

Cons

The only things I really dislike a cosmetic and non-fatal. They are:
1. The inability to hit a "today" button to go back to today's date, and the thin scrollbars right and left
2. The fact that I have to literally click and drag events to create instances on non-consecutive days, rather than selecting dates.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Leticia

Thanks for the great feedback :) I hope you'll be pleased to learn that we definitely do have a "Today" button which takes you straight back to today's date. It's in the top left of the schedule, next to where you navigate between different months and years.

I hope this helps! If there's anything else we can do for you please just let us know.

Lara H.

Review from a user perspective

Reviewed on 27/11/2019

Resource guru has been a bit of a god send as both a user checking when you're scheduled in for work but also as an admin to have big visibility of what everyone is working on and when.

Pros

Scheduling is really easy to do on the web version, I can book, amend or cancel resource in a matter of moments and easily drop and drag to move things around.

Cons

The mobile version on web browser can be a little clunky, it would be good to have an app version to make checking scheduling on the go (whilst at external meetings etc) easier to use, the same for booking resource on the go, its almost impossible to do so on mobile

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Lara

Thanks for leaving a review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that the new schedule is mobile optimised, so you should now have a much better experience when using Resource Guru on a mobile in browser.

We do have plans to release dedicated mobile apps in future, so keep your eyes peeled for further updates :)

Elom G.
  • Industry: Accounting

Resource Guru - RMT

Reviewed on 11/2/2020

We are trying to ensure all jobs have been staffed. Jobs may have from 1 to 3 people with different experience levels. So far we've staffed the jobs, however we're unable to determine who's overloaded and who isn't.

Pros

Ease of scheduling and color coding to identify the job owner.

Cons

Differentiating between confirmed file and unconfirmed files;
Unable to sort resources by experience level
Unable to view staff capacity in one shot - We didn't sign up for reports so that may likely be the reason.
Unable to color code by client and also by booker

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Elom

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that you can use custom fields to filter your resources by experience. Here's a walkthrough you might find useful: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942075-using-custom-fields-to-categorize-resources-by-skills-department-and-more

When it comes to tracking utilisation and capacity, this is all done in the Reports section so you'd need to upgrade to the Blackbelt or Master plan in order to access this information. You can learn more about what the reports have to offer here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/collections/38289-reports

Finally, you can definitely color your bookings by Client or Booker, as well as by Project :) You'll find a walkthrough on using colors here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/en/articles/2942102-using-colors

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions please don't hesitate to reach out :)

Eric S.
  • Industry: Civil Engineering

Great Tool

Reviewed on 12/1/2021

it have been very positive. I implemented this across or company to get some visibility on our resource allocation. it have worked well and is not very expensive.

Pros

very easy to use and the calander view is great give me a sense of what is going on 2, 3, 4 weeks out.

Cons

would like to have a feature that allows the employee to be able to mark a task or a project complete, which would than send a notification back to me or the PM that they are available to do additional works.

Steve C.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

The entire team are there to make sure your experience with the product is easy and beneficial.

Reviewed on 13/12/2017

Provided visibility and allowed tracking of the team members, contract end dates and the ability to generate accurate invoices for the customer

Pros

The product is easy to use and allows the administrator to manage teams, plan and review previous activities.
It can be used for recording or planning and gives a level of visibility that is lacking in a number of products.
Although the team are constantly looking at ways to improve the product, it never strays away from its core and prime functionality. Many products try to grow into a bigger, wider space and lose the key elements that attracted customers to the product in the first place.
A customer of ours was so impressed with the product that they too purchased it after seeing the value it afforded us.

Cons

It would be great if there was an App which could be opened rather than a web browser, although this is only a minor consideration with the number of browsers out there.

Terri H.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Love this tool

Reviewed on 4/1/2021

When I took over my role as class scheduler, our team was using a very outdated, manually intensive, spreadsheet. I looked at a number of scheduling applications, and so many of them are strictly hourly schedulers when I primarily needed a simpler daily view. We organized by class taught (projects) and type of delivery (clients). I have everything organized by billable/non-billable, color coordination of clients and have just a couple of admins while the rest of my team uses a single login to simply view the schedule when needed. We LOVE this tool, viewing/using it multiple times a day and are also now leveraging the reporting features.

Pros

Flexible, configurable, easy for non admins to use

Cons

Would like to be able to see details of an entry when hovering over it, more color options, more categories like products/clients that could be filtered or organized by

Rachel M.
  • Industry: Events Services

Great Software, too expensive

Reviewed on 9/1/2020

Good software and with a few tweaks/improvements it would be great but works out to be too expensive for large groups of resources.

Pros

Really easy to use and makes all resource planning very visible. Highlights the problem areas and upcoming projects really well

Cons

It turned out to be far too expensive for a fairly small company to justify. There was limited functionality around moving/altering/copying lines and resources input although the team are looking into this. The colours are limited for the lines also, which may seem like a small thing but the colours help to show visually what is planned. It would also be handy to be able to zoom in and out more to see full years as well as weeks.

James R.
  • Industry: Media Production
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Part-Time Power-house planning

Reviewed on 24/9/2019

Resource Guru has allowed us to keep track of many, many freelancers and zero hours staffs availability over a number of projects across different business divisions. This allows us to share staff easier and takes work out of scheduling and at times saves us hiring and instead lets us give others new opportunities

Pros

Recently my favourite feature has been the ability to organise groups of people into teams. It really helps with quickly identifying shifts and availability in mine and others teams.

Cons

Our issue is the time availability settings. Our work is set across multiple projects that have ever changing start times outside of the'9-5'. Since we mainly use it for operational shifting rather than day to day planning, we have to set everybody as available 12 am to 12pm everyday.

Amy B.

Guru Review

Very good and wasy

Pros

The scheduling look with the bar graphs.

Cons

Capacity is tough to really gage what is happening from a project level.

Kevin R.
  • Industry: Broadcast Media

The Best Way to Manage my Creative Team

Reviewed on 27/12/2019

I use it daily to monitor the workflow of my team and to assign new projects. It’s also a great tool to review work that has been produced across our different broadcast channels over the past year. I can see each week at a glance and click into each project for more detail. It’s a great tool to see who is across each project and who is on leave. The best tool we have for maintaining a steady workflow that is visible to various stakeholders.

Pros

At a glance I can see daily what each member of my creative team are working on. I can manage the flow of work easily and see where the availability is for more work to be assigned. The software is easy to use and the best I’ve used in my 25 yrs of working in television.

Cons

There’s currently nothing that I don’t like.

Debs T.

Value for money tool

Reviewed on 10/2/2020

Overall my experience of using Resource Guru has been fantastic. I can allocate tasks to my team and see where my capacity is. The team like the daily emails which help them to plan their day.

Pros

I can plan the work for my team and when a stakeholder requests a new piece of week I can see immediately when we will have capacity.

Cons

That you can't create a reoccurring task.

Nil P.

Just works

Reviewed on 16/1/2018

Pros

It's online, live, easy to use and easy to update, GUI is nice, all information is easy in a GANTT style.

Cons

Not available on a phone!!! Needs an app, some copy paste/duplicate features could be added. Should sync better to iCal and be updatable from iCal to RG.

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Nil

Thanks for sharing your review of Resource Guru! I wanted to let you know that you can most definitely copy and paste in Resource Guru - just use SHIFT+drag. You'll find a demonstration of this and other handy tips in our Help Center here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/customer/en/portal/topics/839971-little-tips/articles

I also wanted to let you know that dedicated mobile apps and two way calendar sync are firmly on our roadmap :)

Thanks again, and please don't be a stranger if there's anything we can do to help!

Jason W.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Simple and easy to use

Reviewed on 23/4/2020

Pros

Simple and easy to use, with a friendly user experience that also works on mobile

Cons

Would be great to have Outlook, OpenAir, or Workday integration which we also use

Response from Resource Guru

Hi Jason,

thanks for sharing your feedback! We actually offer a one way calendar sync which lets you send your Resource Guru bookings to an external calendar such as Outlook, Google Calendar or Apple Calendar - you can find a walkthrough here: https://help.resourceguruapp.com/customer/en/portal/articles/2439382-syncing-resource-guru-events-with-your-calendar

I hope this helps to clarify things for you, but please let me know if you have any further questions and I'll be more than happy to help.

Thanks,
Michelle

Berend L.

Operational efficiancy for dummys

Reviewed on 25/3/2021

Guru gives operational daily business structure and capacity to act efficiently by:
showing the utilisation of your staff, centralising capacity planning, including relevant information and saving time because its so easy to handle ...

Pros

Super easy capacity planning - Who does what in which time ...
Drag & Drop
Colorcodes
Get all at one glance
Filter for views

Cons

In our case ... its not compatible to EasyJob

Maggie A.

Best resourcing tool with an even better customer service team!

Reviewed on 10/12/2019

The customer services was incredible and has left a lasting impression on our organization! I would not switch my tool to anything else!

Pros

I love how easy and simple Guru is to use. We spent so many years searching for a tool to fit our needs and only Guru could do what we needed - and better yet, it is so reasonably priced!

Cons

I can't think of anything about the tool that I don't love!

Shradha J.

Resourceguru App

Reviewed on 16/12/2020

Pros

Like the features, on time reminders on emails. Its color scheme is good as well.

Cons

Sometimes when copy pasting some part from text on pop-up, its copy icon overlaps, so we need to try selecting again. Also it would be helpful if we can add a tab which shows recent used filters which remains for few days : at times when you are scheduled on a project with selected team members, then on another project with different team, you can easily access those previous used filters.

Tom M.
  • Industry: Maritime

Resource Guru for scheduling technicians

Reviewed on 20/9/2019

We used Resource Guru to replace our whiteboard scheduling system and it works amazingly well. The simplicity of use is what made it stand out from other products and is what has allowed it to work so well for our application.

Pros

The simplicity of adding and editing projects is the biggest strength of Resource Guru

Cons

The lack of a smartphone or tablet app
Search functionality is weak

Mike B.

Simplified resource management

Reviewed on 20/9/2019

Resource Guru has taken us from an old Excel spreadsheet that was highly inaccurate, and moved us onto a web based platform that is very intuitive and graphically depicts who is working on what.

Pros

Resource Guru provides a simple, intuitive UI to help me manage a global team's assignments.

Cons

I can't assign multiple resources to the project. I have to set up the project, then go 1 by 1 through each resource and assign them individually.

Stephen M.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Excellent for time recording

Reviewed on 8/12/2020

Works very well. New features are directed to the user and have been thoroughly thought through.

Pros

Easy to record time against different projects/customers.

Cons

Reporting is powerful but misses some core details like how much time is remaining on a certain customer (for fixed price, or limited POs)

Daniela A.

User-friendly

Reviewed on 4/12/2019

Resource Guru is very easy to use and it helps us plan our schedule very quickly. Is also offers us very helpful filters.

Pros

Resource Guru is very user-friendly and it also looks beautiful.

Cons

I like everything about it. Maybe other people could use a few extra features, but for me it's perfectly fine.

Andee M.

Resource Guru is an amazing tool for us! Special thanks for helping us restore our account.

Reviewed on 2/1/2018

Pros

I love that Resource Guru allows anyone with an ID to create a booking. this helps our Production team keep tabs on equipment / what is being used and what is not being used in an efficient manner. Customer Service has been outstanding & prompt. Even around the holiday season. Thanks again Guru and crew, you have an outstanding product and a fabulous support team. Special shout out to Kat who helped us out in a tight spot recently.

Scott B.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Really solid resource planning tool

Reviewed on 14/1/2020

Excellent tool that has improved efficiency, visibility and enabled us to take a longer term view of resource management.

Pros

Visibility to a remote team
With some fiddling you can also capture pipeline

Cons

Need more effective pipeline management options, inpartcular allowing pipeline jobs to be set-up and then moved into actual planning when confirmed.

Andrew H.

Great for visually tracking where our staff are

Reviewed on 24/9/2019

Very positive, we use it daily across the whole organisation

Pros

Easy to add, administer and record time. We can also integrate to the API to easily see who has free time and surface this through other channels. It also allows the whole company to get a view on who is free and when

Cons

It's quite expensive for what we use it for, so this makes it a decision point as the company grows.

Rashmi S.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Amazing tool

Reviewed on 26/2/2019

Resource guru has made my work life easier in terms of resource allocation. The tool is very handy.

Pros

The project allocation section (Schedule) is very user friendy, the tool doesn't require any training or tool walkthrough, it is very intuitive.

Cons

The saved filters doesn't have the edit option, this is required is a new team member is expected to be included in the filter group

Cori S.

My experience

Reviewed on 24/2/2020

Pros

Easy to use and track onsite engagements.

Cons

Inability to schedule travel time with specific hours that spans two dates. For example: 9PM on 1/3/2020 to 5AM on 1/4/2020.