Booker

3.9/5
4.2/5
4.1/5

Capri

Booking appointments with a few clicks!

Reviewed on 17/12/2019

Easy to use, easy to book, easy to look at past and future bookings!

Pros

Excellent for booking appointments for guests. Easy to pull up upcoming and past bookings with names and dates.

Cons

This is a wonderful program that hasn't failed us yet. We have our employees using this program with no issues at all.

Sharmila

Booker review

Reviewed on 15/10/2019

I hated them and will never go back. Absolutely negligent business practices by their vendor companies.

Pros

When I first signed with Booker, I liked the merchant services fees were better than Mindbody Online. Also, I liked that I locked in a significantly cheaper monthly rate as opposed to Mindbody.

Cons

The automatic emails at the time, could not be turned off. It didn't work with my type of business. Also, I hated the company that handled their merchant services. They put my account on hold after trying to cancel their services. A ridiculous customer service representative froze my account so then no deposits could go through affecting my payroll. No one told me that canceling my services with Booker would affect the merchant services or my ability to receive deposits. Absolute jerks.

Brad
  • Industry: Publishing

I used to love Booker, but fixes and updates come slowly and customer service is terrible!

Reviewed on 30/10/2017

Booker is a robust solution for online scheduling and taking payments too. In theory, Booker will save you loads of time since customers schedule and manage their own appointments. In reality, we spend too much time on the phone with Booker trying to work out quirks.

Pros

Admin backend is solid and reliable.
Lots of options to customize. Too many at times since finding just the right setting can take 15-20 minutes or require a phone call to customer service.

Cons

Customer front end is weak and confusing. Booker does not allow certain booking options (CF2) to be used in iFrames. This forces you to send customers to a 3rd party website (not yours) to make appointments. Fixes and feature requests come slowly if at all.
If you are interested in using Booker be sure you know what you are getting into before you commit. It is very difficult to get 100, 500, or thousands of customers to move to a new appointment system if you later decide Booker is not what you expected. Get used to what Booker looks like now and be okay with that for the long haul. Don't plan on being able to add a feature of even getting Booker to fix bugs. Booker will show you a long list of "fixes" and revision numbers of updated software. I have never known any of these updates to address a bug of concern we had with the SaaS. Customer requests are ignored and bugs are described as features. Yes, they really are! For example, in some places staff names are sorted by first name and in other places they are sorted by last name. This does make it feel like you are using different software products and will infuriate you at times.
Different interfaces all work differently. In other words, they all feel like different products. We use the admin interface, the Booker iOS app, the Booker customer app, CF1, and Facebook app. That seems like lots of great options until you realize how disjointed and different they all are. You are not merely learning one software package, you really have to learn them all.

Tanisha

Perfect for businesses

Reviewed on 29/10/2022

Pros

It is user friendly, very detailed and easy to use, accessibility 24 hours, and very much inexpensive. I would recommend that you give it a try today.

Cons

Creating packages and reports could be alot less hassling.. work needed as it relates to credit card processes.

Domenic

RMT Software

Reviewed on 8/3/2022

7/10

Pros

The software Looked better than it actually worked

Cons

The software Not as user friendly as others

Laurie

Booker wants you to use endless work arounds because they can't get it right

Reviewed on 23/11/2020

I am stuck in Booker because I have been using it since 2014. My client data base and content are huge, they have been purchased by mindbody and I had hoped for an improvement, but its worse.

Do not get stuck with this software, purchase something else. They require you to do work arounds because the software does not function properly. The reporting is shite. Please do your self a favor and look else where.

I have tow spas and they are on different versions of booker. I have asked multiple times to be placed on one version or the other.

Pros

It has a lot of useful features, sadly very few of them work as expected.
- membership processing
- gift certificates
- embedded special codes for marketing
- pixels for marketing
- cancellation policy implementation
- customer service availability
- appointment scheduling
- sales reporting
- freezing memberships
- mail campaigns and marketing

Cons

ABSOLUTELY EVERYTHING with this software requires a work around.
-I have lost members because the software randomly double and triple charges them each month and doesn't represent it in the recent orders tab so it looks as if it hasn't
- freezing members is great, but then booker charges them for ALL the months they have been frozen
- you cannot put special deals on for the holidays on gift certificates = no holiday gift certificate promos
- special codes for marketing do not auto populate for orders and cannot be found from within the order
- pixels for marketing from their marketing tools do not work
- cancellation policy is great but if the person does not have a cc on file then you cannot close the order which makes it impossible to close the drawer at the end of the night
- groups often book under the same name , booker requires you to CANCEl that appt rather than just changing the name - ridiculous
-sales reporting is not customizable, past membership reporting cannot be done. it only shows current numbers regardless of the date you enter. kind of hard to measure growth
-members may freeze their monthly billing, no benefits are accrued but when you take the freeze off it autocharges all previous unpaid months
- customer service is available - but they are often unknowledgeable and can only submit requests to development and they take months even years before they fix your problem.
- the marketing tab does not load on my booker if im running from chrome.

ZENOTI

Reasons for Choosing Booker

Mindbody was old and clunky, I switched after only a couple months of use.

Mindbody

Reasons for Switching to Booker

It seemed more modern and sleek at the time. Seemed to offer better options and functionality. The customer service team was great and seemed like they would be on point. There was a time when I was referring our clients to them but had to stop because the feedback from them was so awful Choosing the Booker software was one of the worst business decisions I have ever made.
Brittany
  • Industry: Mental Health Care

Gets the job done, but can glitch frequently.

Reviewed on 31/3/2019

Overall Booker was easy to learn, pretty user friendly, and helped us streamline schedules for multiple providers at once which I believe impacted overall experience guests had at the spa.

Pros

I liked the ease of integrating new specials or services we were offering. It was generally easy to navigate and was also integrated with our website which was convenient and allowed guests to easily book online.

Cons

At the time I was using Booker, I experienced many times where the program would freeze out would have really slow load times which made it difficult during high volume times at the spa.

Layleth

Fantastic experience, the software is amazing, Its very user friendly

Reviewed on 14/6/2018

The sofware helped our business in a great way, it has helped us expand our business that are great for small studios.

Pros

the system has amazing features and reports that make running your business very easy because you have inmiate access to your information and database.

Cons

It's a little bit hard to get the reports and see the customers previous payments and visits, but once you get the software it is easy.

Paul

Great App

Reviewed on 1/10/2014

We have been using Booker for two and a half years now and we are extremely satisfied with the product. This is a full featured system that supports managing appointments, point of sale, gift card sales and the use of series or memberships. The system tracks employee pay reasonably well. It also provides a fair number of reports to help manage the business. This is so much better than having to track appointments in one place and handling payment in another system. One customer database supports the entire business.

Pros

Being one fully integrated system is fantastic. Online booking and instant gift certificates are terrific features. We also enjoy being able to define specials that can easily be applied. I have found the customer service people to be very helpful.

Cons

Booker still struggles with the bugs in their releases, although things have improved greatly in the last couple of releases. The product would benefit from an ad hoc reporting tool to enable customers to define their own reports.

Heike

Great Booking Platform for small businesses

Reviewed on 13/10/2014

we have been using booker.com for years now and can only recommend it. as a small business affordable monthly rates as well as prompt and friendly customer service are important to us. we also love the fact that all the newest updates are available to us at no extra charge. the booker.com team constantly thinks of new ways to make my job as a spa owner easier. the platform is intuitive, easy to use and helps with customer relations, specials, mailers and social media. the extensive list of reports keep you in the loop and make payroll and accounting effortless.

Pros

low monthly cost
great customer service
integrated customer relation and special features
great reports and accounting
log into your business from anywhere

Cons

I'm not crazy about how the software runs on my iPad at the moment but I'm pretty sure the new booker.com iPad App release in November 2014 will resolve this issue

Denise

Booker has been a life changer for me and my Therapeutic Massage Practice.

Reviewed on 19/8/2017

The ease and functionality for my clients to have my app on their phone for scheduling wherever they are, no matter what time of day or night it is. It's also a reminder for them to schedule when they see my app At a glance! The reminder notifications allows me to focus on servicing my clients instead of scheduling appts, and making confirmations calls every day.

Pros

I love the way Booker works directly with my web page. My clients and potential clients can book right from my web site, purchase gift certificates from the comfort of their homes or offices, and print them or email them right from their computer without having to come to my office. I am often in service with a client and don't have a lot of time to answer or return calls during my work day let alone meet people to hand deliver gift certificates. I don't have a receptionist or assistant to assist in these matters. I love the fact that I have my very own App to give to my clients so they can save ME to their phones and book on line any time of the day or night, without having to try to find me first. I'm just a click away. The best part is that after you set up your booker to work with your website, it just makes scheduling my clients appts soooo much easier. They get an email notification with Appt details and directions. Then an appt reminder 24 hrs before their Appt so they can click the confirm button, so I don't have to make confirmation calls the day before, then a text reminder notification 3 hours before their Appt which cuts down on no shows, and late cancellations. I love it!!

Cons

I have 2 locations and Booker does not have a place to differentiate either location. So when my clients book on line, there is no way of telling them which days I am at one location and which days I am at the other. So when they are looking at my open appts, they don't know which location they are booking for. This kind of takes my 5 star Status and brings it down to a 3 because this causes my clients much confusion when trying to book, and me soooo much stress, because what good is it if I always have to call them anyway when they are trying to schedule on line?? This defeats the whole purpose of online scheduling. This needs to be fixed and upgraded. Another thing. The mobile app is limited to its back of the house functionality. It's very easy to schedule appts, but looking up Gift Certificate numbers and entering them for payment after a client redeems them is time consuming and not user friendly. I also wish I had Email/ text Marketing built in so I could send my clients daily, weekly and monthly specials. There are days that I would love to send out a quick text telling my clients what time slots I have available. This would be soooooo easy since all of their contact info is already in the system. I would also like to see yearly reports and just imagine how great it would be if the accounting software was built right in! All in one place! Now that would make Booker the leader in the industry!

Response from Booker

Denise -
Thank you for your review and the detail on why it's working so well for you and your clients. We'll share your feedback with the product team and if there's anything we can do to help, contact [email protected]

We love hearing that you've cut down on cancellations and no shows! You rock!

- The Booker Team

Pamela

Could not do without it

Reviewed on 17/9/2019

The pro's definitely outweigh whatever problems or frustrations I have with Booker, so I'm overall a happy customer and will continue working with them. I honestly could not do without this software and look forward to them making more improvements to make it an even better products.

Pros

I appreciate that my clients can book online and purchase gift certificates when I'm too busy to answer the phone. It's also super easy checking out clients, but best of all is that I'm able to manage our calendar for both therapists and clients, and reschedule with ease. I love that I am also able to track client history and their progress. As we get busier and our client base grows, it can become more challenging to manage paper files and this has helped us cut down on paperwork, thank goodness!

Cons

There is definitely a learning curve with Booker and there have been times when I've been unsure of how to do something, and have had to contact their support team. One of the glitches that annoys me, is that when I add a new staff member, it adds or populates their name in the calendar even before their official start date! It can be confusing. The same happens when I terminate a staff member or switch them to 'inactive' - then their name and client appointmentss that day, all disappear from view. This is probably one of the more frustrating things for me. I also wish I could do a bit of my own customization like removing things from a drop down table that do not able to me.

Amanda

So far - so good!

Reviewed on 26/8/2016

I've worked with the Booker system for 8 months now, and I've definitely enjoyed my experiences with it. We receive near live updates whenever there is an issue with the system - instead of being left to guess, as with other Spa software systems. I've found it to be clean, well designed, aesthetically pleasing, simple to understand, and full of hidden abilities that I have found to be extremely helpful in the management of our organization. Although there are a few capabilities I wish it could offer, Booker is genius at what it does already.

Pros

- Ease of use
- Mobile application
- Partnership with Frederick
- Easy to book online
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Easy access to customer service (with real people!)

Cons

There are certain limitations to the software that I don't quite endorse, and would love to have more accessibility to customize the features inherent in the system. For instance, we would love to be able to format, on our own, the infrastructure of the Administrator, Reservationist, and Staff roles to allow for certain levels of access to information. Although we have found a way to "Macguyver" the system, we'd love for there to be a more direct system for integrating digital SOAP notes, as well as intake form and profile management by the client when they log in to book an appointment. There have been other, very slight issues, which have caused some annoyance to our clients - such as the automatic CC authorization process when opening orders, or when clients are unable to cancel upcoming appointments online at their convenience (so long as it does not violate our 24-hour policy).

Lori

Frustrating and inconsistent

Reviewed on 3/8/2017

The ability to serve multiple locations and the ability to book appointments and sell retail simultaneously.

Pros

I like the fact that Booker can be used for multiple locations and is helpful with daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly statistics. I can use the data to determine what I need to do differently regarding sales, promotions, etc. I can also use the data to determine what services, promotions, etc. are going well and should definitely be continued.

Cons

The customer support is lacking. It has been so frustrating to speak to so many different reps. The notes they take and calls they log has been very inconsistent, making follow-through to a resolution impossible. Even when issues have been pushed through to technical support or the development team, we have gotten little to no helpful feedback. I feel the software could use some updating to improve on the ease of use. Mostly, I feel customer support reps should be trained to actually offer "support," rather than offer a "pat" answer and such as, "This is not a Booker issue," or "I can't really tell you why that is happening, call us again if the problem reoccurs." Overall, our experience has been frustrating. In all fairness, our particular "case," which includes many different issues has been escalated to someone in management, but this has taken several months.

Emily
  • Industry: Cosmetics

Scheduling, moving, canceling, and changing appointments is easy.

Reviewed on 8/8/2017

We are able to schedule, complete orders, keep up with client profiles, and take inventory with ease. It gets the job done for our spa and we rely on it completely! It was a great software choice for us. We would not use anything else.

Pros

I love the client profile. You can look back and see everything he/she has bought, what services they got, and you can also make notes about the client if they are allergic to anything or have any preferences during their appointment! With this feature, we can see everything we need to know about the client's appointment when we print out the itinerary for the day. This way, we have all of the up-to-date info for the client and mistakes are less likely to be made. I love that.

Cons

I would love to see the "document storage" feature to become compatible with tablets and phones. I would like to see our service providers be able to look at their phone or tablet and see their clients profile before they perform their service. I love that we have gone paperless and have stored all of our Client Intake Forms on Booker, but I would like to see easier access to them.

Michael

Best available Cloud based solution for POS & Online Booking

Reviewed on 3/2/2015

So there is no perfect product BUT... We've run our beauty business for 8 years now using a variety of non-integrated systems including AppointmentQues and Intuit POS. About 2 years ago, we became very frustrated with the total lack of customer support from our current solutions'they literally did not have a phone number to reach a real person in any circumstance. The role Booker would play for us was mission critical so I did some serious due diligence before selecting Booker. I created a massive feature spreadsheet that compared the 4 top contenders. Booker and one other option appeared to be the best on paper. So I called Booker and grilled that sales person for literally 3 hours about all the nuances of Booker. She was cheerful and knowledgable (I think her name was Erica) and answered pretty much all of my questions. We have over 60 employees, so training and switching our software backbone is a huge hassle'you really want to choose the right long term partner so you don't have to deal with all that work again.

I'd say Booker gets 98 out of 100 issues and features. It is very elegant and thoughtfully designed and a pleasure to work with on a day to day basis. So much more robust and clean that our previous patched together solutions. Yes, on the rare occasions when the Booker servers go down for an hour at 3pm, you will curse their name, but you will also quickly forgive, because no cloud based solutions has perfect uptime, and this cloud based solution is soooooooo much better than our previous desktop apps.

Yes, we push the limits of the features. Yes, we wish they would fix some of the "glitches" more quickly'it seems that adding new customers might be getting more CEO focus than improving the user/customer experience. But so far, Booker appears to still be the best available option.

Side note: Robert Schmidt in support is a rockstar and really gave us a lot of good advice and strategic insights related to Booker.

PROS:
Smart, friendly people in customer support that live in NYC or SoCal. They really know their stuff and try hard to help you. And they don't speak English as a 3rd language or live in Bangladesh!

Well thought out, elegant interface.

CONS:
Booker needs to hire more/task more programmers to fix glitches in the system'fixes trickle in, but far more slowly than other SaaS providers in other industries.
Feels like they are resting on their laurels with features'slow to fix or add features

Jill

Booker Provides the Right Details

Reviewed on 6/1/2021

We had several manual processes and workarounds to track and fix our data, but the auditing capabilities and ease of use make this system worthwhile!

Pros

Booker makes it easy to book clients, review accurate data, see clients shared to a membership, easily manage gift cards and online certs, easily view status changes of a membership, provide great auditing capabilities...

Cons

The customer support is extremely lacking. We also couldn’t get all the reports we needed and had to use a custom developed Stage 1 reporting system that was insanely slow. Our franchise switched systems to a MUCH inferior system due to the poor customer service. The Booker company doesn’t seem interested to work to improve the system based on the client needs. It’s got a great core but there were several bugs that would go on for years and the typical response would be a time consuming workaround, rather than addressing this issue and providing timelines.

Zalla

8 years and counting

Reviewed on 24/1/2017

I've been using booker for 7 years in my business after a year using it elsewhere and it's grown with me and my business from a single service provider to 20 employees with 2 locations. It's pretty great. Always adding new features. Phone customer service is *usually* on point, but chat sucks and going through the online search of issues never reveals the answer I need. My employees love having access to their schedules from anywhere. We love all the ways it helps us remain paper free - we can enter digital intake forms and notes, and send e-receipts. And they're always trying new things to help us market better and retain customers.

Pros

Ease of access from anywhere, availability of online booking

Cons

Online booking is clunky (hard to just say when is Niki available this week). Booking needs more robust features (only allow certain services at certain times)

Response from Booker

Thank you for your feedback Zalla. Sounds like you've built a wonderful successful business. We're honored that you've chosen to run and grow your business with Booker.

Thank you!

Brian
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Great for spas but could be improved

Reviewed on 9/10/2017

Would love to have a quick call with programmers to give quicks tips to make the online booking system the best by far.

Pros

Books couples massage requiring two therapist (this is a great feature and booker is one of the few that have). Super flexible GC system that allows the service , not the price of the service to show up (very important for spas).

Cons

No mobile options for people to purchase on phones. Also swiper/tablet options requires 5 steps to charge and close (not near as simplified as square). Online booking system is good, but could be vastly improved with one little coding tweak (it bases everything on the start of business day instead of appointments that are already booked, leaving gaps and missed appointments). I could explain this really quickly and booker would be the best by far, because you are the only one's that book couples massage.

Justine
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Receipt printer: outdated technology used for the 3 clients who have ever requested printed...

Reviewed on 13/9/2016

The software offers a lot of excellent features but there are a few that are missing that would be great for salons that do a lot of events or group bookings like we do. The customer support is amazing, which I really appreciate.

Pros

I like that I can work remotely and that there is a phone app that allows our technicians to view there schedules.

Cons

There's no fast way to make a group booking. It would be great if when making a reservation you could choose the number of those appointments to make and have the information automatically repopulate for those reservations.

Response from Booker

Hi Justine,

Thank you very much your review. We are so happy to hear that you are having a great customer experience with Booker. We appreciate your product feedback and features you'd like to see improved. I will pass this along to the correct team.

Thanks!
Aly

Michael

Booker is easy to use, cloud based, and customer/employee friendly.

Reviewed on 23/5/2017

Online booking, confirmation emails and texts, thank you and birthday emails, client profiles, daily total reports, staff sales report.

Pros

So I have been using it at two salons since January and I have been through starting up both salons and starting them up differently. The first salon did not want online booking, is a specialty salon where we have hair cutters and hair colorists, and we did not accept credit card tips. So I had to make it easy to book clients for two or someone's three different stylists. Then the other salon London alley wanted online booking, credit card tips were added, and also stylists typically did all the appointments for the client. So I had to set it up with bookings that made the online booking friendly and easy to use. I absolutely say if I ever had a problem I could call up Sabrina or any of the booker people and they would walk me right thru it. The system is for people who are idiots or people who know how to use a computer. Since we brought it in my clients have thanked me for streamlining the appointment setups, the confirmation email and texts, and even the thank you emails.

Cons

Only one day did the system have some errors and it wasn't even bookers fault. And if the system ever goes down you just go back to using the clover by itself and booker can help you after put the orders into the system.

Response from Booker

We're so happy to hear that Booker is working so well for you! Thank you for your feedback and for using Booker!

- The Booker Team

Nawaal

Love this booking software!

Reviewed on 27/6/2017

Ease and efficiency. Accurate booking.

Pros

Easy and efficient, Booker helps us keep connected with our clients in various ways, including text/e-mail/etc. It's been very helpful with clients that can confirm via e-mail and have something to refer to, besides a phone call. The ease of learning the software has been awesome and the customer service is top notch!

Cons

Sometimes (rarely), Booker operates in slow speeds. People cannot click to confirm via text message, and it would help if they could. There have been a couple of times where Booker has been down during business hours and it became really hectic trying to get things sorted during that time, but other than that, we appreciate the apologies about that and the constant communication about issues.

Response from Booker

Thanks for the great feedback Farooq! We're working on some updates by the end of the year that we think you'll like! For now we'll pass on your feedback to the product team. Thanks for using Booker!

- The Booker Team

Lauren

Very happy with software

Reviewed on 23/12/2019

Pros

Customer service is fantastic, and tool is very intuitive overall.

Cons

I would like more functionality to be available or integrated, like POS systems, functionality on ipads and iphones, robust loyalty program, integration with Smartwaiver.

Emmy
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Great software for any beauty industry!

Reviewed on 8/12/2017

Everything! From easy booking and checking out to quick and accessible ease of the software, it's so easy and helpful especially in any beauty industry

Pros

This software is so easy to use and break down to new trainees! The keys on the side of the screen make it that much easier to learn and get going with your schedule!

Cons

Sometimes it freezes when there is a system update, it can be very inconvenient when you are checking out a client because it'll either freeze or go extremely slow, but it's very rare that this happens so no worries!

Response from Booker

Hi Emmy -
We want to sincerely thank you for your thoughtful review. We're thrilled to hear that you are enjoying the features Booker has to offer! We truly value your feedback and your business. Stay tuned for future updates - we're always evolving the product.

Thank you!

Katalin
  • Industry: Hospitality

Booker for Spa and Solon

Reviewed on 24/9/2018

My hotel has been using Booker since 2012, the software has evolved a lot since then. Our spa receptionist like the fact that it is so user friendly for all Spa Booking peruses ,appointment scheduling to payment processing. I use the reporting feature for financial reporting and Payroll processing. The Spa Manager loves the recently added Marketing feature as well.

Pros

This software is very easy to use for everyone who is running a Spa and Salon. Our spa receptionist like the fact that it is so user friendly for all Spa Booking purposes ,appointment scheduling to payment processing
This software offers a lot of reports to accommodate from statistics to financial reporting.

Cons

We had some issues with customer service in the beginning, but it has gotten much better now.