Booker

Spa and Salon Business Management Software

4.1 /5 (923 reviews) Write a Review!

Best Booking system for Salons

Reviewed on 31/3/2021

Booker handles my salon operations so I can focus on my customers needs

Pros

Booker is easy to set up and very intuitive. The price is good and they have great customer service.

Cons

There are alot of features which is a good thing but it can take time to train your staff on how to use the software

Ella K.

Frustrated user of six years

Reviewed on 31/12/2019

I’ve been using this software for six years the features seem promising but the reality of them are not easy to use and implement or take too long for customer service. It is not customizable for a large scale salon and that is not what bothers me the most, it’s when you call Support and they have no solutions except we don’t do that. And I mean repeatedly that is what I get from their Support team.

Pros

All the features they supposedly offer.

Cons

No customer support, terrible training, and my staff does not feel like it’s easy to use. It takes forever to track and check people out. The reports are confusing and make no sense and their payroll is not customizable so I still have to outsource and pay more. They seem to be prompt when they’re selling you something to add cost to your service but not when you need help. And their support has no solutions or work around options.

Jill W.

Booker Provides the Right Details

Reviewed on 6/1/2021

We had several manual processes and workarounds to track and fix our data, but the auditing capabilities and ease of use make this system worthwhile!

Pros

Booker makes it easy to book clients, review accurate data, see clients shared to a membership, easily manage gift cards and online certs, easily view status changes of a membership, provide great auditing capabilities...

Cons

The customer support is extremely lacking. We also couldn’t get all the reports we needed and had to use a custom developed Stage 1 reporting system that was insanely slow. Our franchise switched systems to a MUCH inferior system due to the poor customer service. The Booker company doesn’t seem interested to work to improve the system based on the client needs. It’s got a great core but there were several bugs that would go on for years and the typical response would be a time consuming workaround, rather than addressing this issue and providing timelines.

Stephanie G.

New and Improved

Reviewed on 17/1/2018

Overall, it is a great booking website and it is a very easy system to learn. We recently added a brand login through this company as we are adding additional sites and it has been a very easy process.

Pros

I love that they have created many updates for this software over the last few months. It has been really nice not experiencing any lag or issues with the booking features like we were having just a few months ago. I love that you can choose how far in advance the confirmation emails are sent out and I really love that the clients can confirm the appointment through the email. Another AMAZING tool is that you can now see when a client is booking an appointment online that way you are not trying to compete with anyone online trying to book. I hated in the past where I would be booking a client at the desk and right when I went to book, it said that I was not able to. Come to find out when I refreshed the page it was because someone else had booked it online. It truly makes a huge difference with these little improvements that they made.

Cons

One thing at the moment that I am not liking about the software is that sometimes the confirmation emails do not send even when the emails box is checked, this also happens when I book re-occurring appointments for an entire year where these clients of all clients should receive all the emails. Another thing that gets frustrating from time to time is that the clients future appointments is not showing up on their account under the appropriate tab therefore some clients have not showed up for their appointment and we can't charge if they can prove they didn't see it online. I try to see if they have duplicate accounts as well but they do not. And lastly, every now and again Booker will give us booking issues while trying to book for any of our services, it will state that the appointment cannot book because no equipment is available however, I know that is not the case. That is frustrating because we have to then just create a block out on the schedule with the client's service along with their information but they don't receive any emails through the system when it is booked that way.

Amanda S.

So far - so good!

Reviewed on 26/8/2016

I've worked with the Booker system for 8 months now, and I've definitely enjoyed my experiences with it. We receive near live updates whenever there is an issue with the system - instead of being left to guess, as with other Spa software systems. I've found it to be clean, well designed, aesthetically pleasing, simple to understand, and full of hidden abilities that I have found to be extremely helpful in the management of our organization. Although there are a few capabilities I wish it could offer, Booker is genius at what it does already.

Pros

- Ease of use
- Mobile application
- Partnership with Frederick
- Easy to book online
- Aesthetically pleasing
- Easy access to customer service (with real people!)

Cons

There are certain limitations to the software that I don't quite endorse, and would love to have more accessibility to customize the features inherent in the system. For instance, we would love to be able to format, on our own, the infrastructure of the Administrator, Reservationist, and Staff roles to allow for certain levels of access to information. Although we have found a way to "Macguyver" the system, we'd love for there to be a more direct system for integrating digital SOAP notes, as well as intake form and profile management by the client when they log in to book an appointment. There have been other, very slight issues, which have caused some annoyance to our clients - such as the automatic CC authorization process when opening orders, or when clients are unable to cancel upcoming appointments online at their convenience (so long as it does not violate our 24-hour policy).

Eileen B.

The Best Internal & External Solution

Reviewed on 24/9/2019

My customers of any age can book an appointment online, any time, day or night. My stylist can easily utilize the system to manage their own schedules, and include notes so the entire team is on the same page. There’s nothing to download and every answer can be found in the Help & Support section. When in doubt, we book ourself an appt and we have an internal lunch n learn and find ways to learn new tips and tricks that we’ve not encountered yet.

Pros

Dashboard Reporting, Website Integration

Cons

Zilch. It’s awesome and the customer service rules!

Mary N.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Busy massage center / User since 2011 / 12 therapist columns using 5 rooms = giant jig-saw...

Reviewed on 26/5/2017

Increased productivity and sales!

Pros

Ease of booking appointments in-house and on-line / Ability to customize emails / POS integration / History

Cons

(1) Elimination of the "we want you back" email that went out to those who haven't been in (Frederick is way to expensive for us!); and, (2) Elimination of the quick log-in codes, we are busy with multiple users and now there's no way to be sure who actually completed a transaction. **These were some of our most favorite features that we no longer have. We are very disappointed.** ALSO, it would be nice to have a dedicated support rep to work with, who knows how we use Booker, helps us to optimize, etc.

Response from Booker

We're so happy to hear that Booker has helped you achieve increased productivity and sales! That's awesome! We'll share your feedback with the product team.

Thank you so much for using Booker!
- The Booker Team

Silvia P.

Great Online service.

Reviewed on 10/1/2018

Pros

I love the online booking and e certificate sales. My staff has the option of viewing their schedule remotely and they also receive notifications of services which helps them know of their appointments. Clients also receive notifications which frees up my time in calling to confirm their appointments.

Cons

What I like least is when there is a glitch in the server and I am not able to book or take payments from guest.

Response from Booker

Hi Silvia -
Thank you so much for taking time to review Booker! We are so happy to hear that you are enjoying the features Booker has to offer! The issues you experienced with the glitch in the server and will be sure to bring this up to the product development team.

We truly value your feedback and your business. Stay tuned for future updates - we're always evolving the product.

Lauren R.

Very happy with software

Reviewed on 23/12/2019

Pros

Customer service is fantastic, and tool is very intuitive overall.

Cons

I would like more functionality to be available or integrated, like POS systems, functionality on ipads and iphones, robust loyalty program, integration with Smartwaiver.

Saimi R.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Good !

Reviewed on 15/8/2017

Was very easy to learn and use . You didn't have the beauty industry like an option

Pros

The system is easy to learn even if you never have been in a training, is very easy to use and they have a good customer service , could be better if they have more people answering the phone but most of the times they are in contact with you in a short period of time .

Cons

We have a beauty salon and when you made the appointment is showing gaps in between the appointment so if you want to make the appointment on line is showing that we have space available and the truth is that we don't have so we need to call the client and apologize bc that space was full even if they didn't saw it , is very embarrassing that situation, but that is the only thing

Katalin T.

Booker for Spa and Solon

Reviewed on 24/9/2018

My hotel has been using Booker since 2012, the software has evolved a lot since then. Our spa receptionist like the fact that it is so user friendly for all Spa Booking peruses ,appointment scheduling to payment processing. I use the reporting feature for financial reporting and Payroll processing. The Spa Manager loves the recently added Marketing feature as well.

Pros

This software is very easy to use for everyone who is running a Spa and Salon. Our spa receptionist like the fact that it is so user friendly for all Spa Booking purposes ,appointment scheduling to payment processing
This software offers a lot of reports to accommodate from statistics to financial reporting.

Cons

We had some issues with customer service in the beginning, but it has gotten much better now.

Kristen P.

Decent but not great

Reviewed on 24/1/2017

I like using Booker for its ease of use. It can get confusing since there are multiple ways to do the same task, though. However, with different learning styles, it is a pretty easy system to teach to people. It is very beneficial as well to allow all therapists to be able to check schedules from home. Our clients like the email and text appointment reminders. We also like the hire Frederick program. It is an easy way to market and bring back old customers or get new ones to rebook. The email they receive after their services is also beneficial for us to understand customer satisfaction and we can immediately respond to negative feedback, grow, learn and maintain customer relations. Their customer service is very good. They are always very prompt with responding to an issue.
My problems with Booker are they have a tendency to glitch often or significantly slow down the system so we have had to resort to either trying a mobile device or handwriting credit slips on occasion. We have also had issues with the online booking and how one picks a therapist which makes things confusing and doesn't always work in our favor so a lot of client education comes into play. By this, I mean that even if a client picks no therapist preference at the beginning they still must choose at the end. Or sometimes they pick a therapist and it doesn't show as a request. I am currently finding out that the credit card processing linked to their service does not have the best rates but it would be more expensive to use another processing system and have to pay Booker's fees. Finally, we have learned the hard way that if a client pays in advance and you do not block out the time slot then another client can book in that same slot.

Pros

Ease of use can be accessed remotely by all therapists, no additional cost per therapist for use, HireFrederick program

Cons

Online booking inconsistency with picking a therapist and it not being a request vs no preference and still having to choose a therapist. Glitchiness! Slowness! Taking payment in advance opens time slot for others to book in. Feeling stuck with their credit card processing or high fees to use another one with better rates

Response from Booker

Thank you for using Booker Kristin. We'd love to work with you to help with any issues you're having with using the system - reach out to [email protected] if we can help!

Thank you so much for using Booker!
- The Booker Team

Good but Pricey

Reviewed on 29/7/2020

My experience was great with them. The customer service was great- easy to contact & fix any issues I dealt with prompt.

Pros

I knew this program backwards and forward- To me it was easy to use and simple to teach new staff. Gift Card & Client look up was easy & had multiple ways to find something if you had very little info from client to go on.

Cons

The price was my biggest issue. As a massage therapist I wish it had better SOAP note section or my even a body to make charting on a client better- it is a scheduler mainly though so I don't know. Just would have been a nice added feature that other competing scheduling software had.

Trudy W.
  • Industry: Medical Practice

Booker for appointments is Great.

Reviewed on 16/10/2017

Appreciate your support both online and over the phone.

Pros

Appreciate how over the years Booker has been easy to use and reliable. Recently began using in conjunction with Booker and am very happy with the response to the confirmation texts.

Cons

Was told when I was deciding which software to use that Booker would integrate with Quickbooks and my data could be transferred everyday. Was not told that it was only a daily total that would transfer and after much work setting up all patients and POI we realized it would net be possible for us to use the POI. We now only use the appointment portion.

Booker has almost everything a practice or spa needs. Unfortunately they are now owned by...

Reviewed on 21/6/2018

Pros

Easy booking, and has improved over the years
Backend booking/rebooking is quick
Lots of customization with system settings
Little downtime, but recently some issues with payments and texts (MindBody taking over?)
Easy scheduling of employees
Integrates well with hireFrederick.com

Cons

Owned by MindBody. I ran from MindBody years ago, and now they bought Booker...
New pricing tiers available on July 1st, 2018, but currently secret?
Cost for API access is extremely high, must be on the top tier.
MailChimp limited on API which forces use with HireFrederick

Robert L.
  • Industry: Music

Well organized software to run a busy schedule!

Reviewed on 18/8/2017

A much more organized business system and schedule.

Pros

I love how the software is able to tie so many different factors into one system, customers-credit cards-scheduling. Employees-schedules-payroll and more...

Cons

I wish that the notifications were a bit more customizable. I also wish that the software was a bit more intuitive regarding repeating series and the rooms that the appointments are placed in, but I'm not sure if that is a possibility.

Response from Booker

Robert -
Thank you for your suggestions and for using Booker. We're so happy to hear it's been going well for you.

Thank you for using Booker!
- The Booker Team

Meryl S.

Bringing my business into the 21st century!

Reviewed on 15/2/2017

I have been using Booker for the past 14 months. I have a large salon day spa, and until Booker came along, our reception desk was covered in large paper appointment books. Coordinating appointments was a huge hassle, especially when I had clients in for consecutive spa services. We would have hairdressers not show up because they didn't check their book the night before, we had clients who didn't show up because they couldn't cancel or reschedule their appointment with ease...it was so much stress, I think I had just gotten used to it, because I ran my business this way for over 30 years. Then along came BOOKER! I was terrified about going on line for so many reasons. Im in my late 50's and not very savy on a computer. I was afraid it would be too difficult to use. Jack was my rep, and he walked us through every step. It was so easy to solve any problem with tech support. Now, my business runs like a dream! No excuses, we all have access to our schedules no matter where we are. Clients love the ease of online booking, and the new system allowed my receptionists to do more customer service, since they don't have to be worried about the headaches of keeping paper books. I'm starting memberships soon, and have taken a couple of on line classes through Booker. Another challenge, but I have total confidence in the support I get from Booker to move forward and MAKE MORE MONEY! I urge you to consider using this system, I am certain you will love the way it changes your operation, and keeps you on top of your business!

Response from Booker

Meryl -
Thank you so much for you feedback. We're so honored that you chose Booker and that it's working so well for you. What a great story about changing how your business works. Congrats on making a change.

Richard c G.

We like using Booker in our Spa

Reviewed on 16/12/2019

Have been using Booker for several years now. Started with it, and have no plans to change. In fact, we have added on Frederick & Bowtie to complement it.

Pros

Really like the feature of using an app on my phone. I can see at a glance what is the schedule and run dashboard reports at any given time.

Cons

Sometimes, or in some features, when you save something, it is permanent, and you can't un-do it. Or sometimes, on the opposite end, you can't tell if something was saved.

Randy K.
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Booker really delivers a great Salon experience!

Reviewed on 22/5/2017

This is a great software. It's so complete it exceeded my expectations. It is really that good.

Pros

Booker is a full and complete business solution for service companies. As the owner, I was inundated with so many software to choose from. A couple of my staff has used Booker and recommended it as viable. We went with it and trusted it would work. We didn't spend time with testing or sandboxing the software. We just went live as time we so short. It has really stood up to the needs we had. I'd say without it, we would not be performing like we are. It handles appointment schedules and follow-ups really well. It integrates fantastically with Clover as a total POS solution. It gives excellent reports. And the as on Frederick is invaluable. The smart marketing and integrated online booking is really well thought out. We are up and running with online gift certificates and online appointment booking. And setting up offers like packages was easy and very well designed. As a new business owner with no prior knowledge of Booker I can say is be lost without it.

Response from Booker

Very happy to hear Booker is working so well for you! Thank you for using Booker!

- The Booker Team

Amy W.

Booker has gone from limping along to ruined by mindbody online, customers are fleeing

Reviewed on 7/3/2019

It's constantly broken, ESPECIALLY for enterprise level clients that have 'Brand' accounts with multiple locations. Their outage record is deplorable and now that theyve been bought out by MindBody Online, they've made themselves the highest price product on the market by a HUGE margin with nothing to back it up. We have signed contract pricing with booker and they are now refusing to honor it after the acquisition. Customers all just got hit with HUGE new bills, are pissed, and are leaving in droves. Us included and we are taking all of our locations. Bye Booker. Dumb move.

Pros

Booker is one of the more intuitive to use softwares on the market, and I've used them all. It is easy to find your way around even without training which makes it great for new employees still learning

Aura M.

Ms

Reviewed on 23/5/2017

Few client errors. Good reminders. Lots of communication settings.

Pros

More robust than we really need, but the combination of POS and online booking works for us. Also, like the integration with SpaFinder gift cards.

Cons

There is a lot it does that I have never tested because we are a booth rental salon and don't use the employment section (payroll, etc.)

Response from Booker

Thank you for your feedback and for using Booker! If there's anything we can do to help you setup and use more features, contact [email protected]

Lisa D.

Easy Booking

Reviewed on 24/9/2019

Overall we are having good experience with Booker.

Pros

I own a salon and the customers have gotten used to booking online and always tell us how easy it is for them. It really works well, and then we aren't having to interrupt our work to answer as many phone calls!

Cons

I liked it better when we were notified every time an appointment was made. They switched it to only notifying us if the appointment is for the same day or the next day.

Kimberly C.

Booker Customer Review

Reviewed on 13/1/2017

Booker is great, it's user friendly, easy to train on, offers great customer service and training tools. The only issue is the system errors, Booker frequently goes down or freezes making it complicated to book, check in guests, and process check out.

Pros

Easy to use, user friendly. Great to be able to log in remotely

Cons

System errors, freezing and going down

Response from Booker

Hi Kimberly,

We think you're great too! Thanks for leaving us a great review!

- Jason

Claudia G.

Great booking service

Reviewed on 13/1/2017

Booker is very user friendly, if you need assistance they response right away. I had a different systems prior to using booker which took months to figure out how to program and use. Love booker software

Pros

easy to use

Cons

need a section for confirmation call : Left message , No answer, ( Confirmed already there)

Response from Booker

Claudia,

Thanks for the great review! We love to hear how much our merchants love Booker!

Best,
Jason

Renae H.

Booker is a great value

Reviewed on 23/5/2017

Pros

It is easy to use and has lots of nice features. The system allows us to store patient preferences and add notes to each appointment which is very helpful!

Cons

Often runs slow and needs frequent updates. It is sometimes a process to move appointments because the "room assigned is already in use"

Response from Booker

Thank you for using Booker! We're so glad to hear it's going well and we'll look into the room in use issue. If you need anything else, reach out to [email protected]