Symantec Endpoint Security

4.3/5
4.1/5

425 Software options

Fernando D.

Traditional and trustful solution for corporative environments

Reviewed on 14/9/2018

It is my job partner, it protects me along my day without being disturbing. Rarely I see an advice for it or need to take a manual action, and it stills there, doing its good job. I recommend it, for sure!

Pros

In our company we use it for all the employees. Our IT department has full control over adjustments of all the installations. Employees don't need to worry about scheduled scannings, updatings, fine tunning or anything else. Its pre installed on all the machines and is there to protect, not to disturb. Its awesome!

Cons

What can be a pro in one hand, can also be a con in the other hand. The way it works on client machines, by being configured by IT department and not locally may cause some troubles. You just can't set an action different than quarantine a suspect object. But we all know that sometimes it can be a bad judgment from the antivirus side, like a driver for Android that I needed to install and it was classified as unknown source and therefore didn't allowed me to proceed with installation. At least an option to ignore the object could be better.

Symantec Endpoint Protections - guards critical data safely

Reviewed on 17/4/2019

We are working in a health care sector which resides lot of critical and personal data. Data security is our main concern, Symantec endpoint protection provides us with the end to end security of files and customer data. it is installed in all the employees laptop and installation an configuration is easy, Automatic updates makes life simpler. The end user doesn't have impact on the scans being run on the system, occasional rebooting of system is required when any updated are done to the system. Overall a very good antivirus and Malware detection and kill software used in most of the high level corporate companies.

Pros

1. Compatible with all versions of Windows and Mac OS.
2. We use the cloud version of the software,Email notifications and logs about malware and virus detection are cool features.
3. Updates are automatic, we used to do it manually .
4. Build in firewall function is very effective as we get data from many sources.
5. Scans are even done on the applications being downloaded from web which ensures 100% safety.
6. Easy to scale up ad down based on the number of devices.
7. Proactive threat protection option is very useful.
8. The weekly and monthly scan reports can be scheduled and automated and the logs are very descriptive.
9. The interaction with the end user is very minimal and doesn't create any pop ups unnecessarily.

Cons

1. Annual renewal fee is little higher compared to other vendors.
2. Around 30 to 40% of the CPU resources are consumed during the scan process.
3.The laptop becomes slow while accessing files and data.

Kory M.

Anti-Virus Software That Does Its Job!

Reviewed on 17/11/2017

Antivirus / Malware protection, and endpoint firewall protection.

Pros

For an Anti-Virus / Firewall software, it is pretty quiet, meaning that it doesn't pop up all of the time with warnings and alerts, like other programs do. We are using the cloud version of the product, and it seems to work very well, we have email notifications setup, and we will get an email if it blocks something, or someone tries to run a program that it thinks is sketchy, or tries to access a website with some known issues, but otherwise, you install it, and it does its job. I do like the ability that I can sort of customize the install package for mass deployment (we use it with SCCM and its flawless), it will allow me to pick the group of computers that I want the laptop or desktop to belong to and I push that package during our SCCM task sequence, and after that I don't have to login to the symantec portal to move it, or manage it since my policies are already established.

Cons

I think the online interface is a bit cumbersome. I think that from the firewall perspective it seems a bit difficult to make it do what you want it to do, and unfortunately, their support is not incredibly helpful in this regard, at least in my previous experience. My biggest complaint is that if I reimage a computer, and re-use the same name, it makes a duplicate entry / assigns another license until I go out to the symantec portal and delete the previous record.

Beecher B.
  • Industry: Information Services

Very good anti-virus protection, but system integration can cause problems

Reviewed on 6/8/2019

Symantec Endpoint Protection is very good at what it does. It can overreach at times, in my opinion, but it stops viruses and malware on every system I've used it on.

Pros

Extremely good and reliable antivirus software. Symantec, in my experience will protect your endpoints from the large majority of threats in the wild. I haven't had a threat make it past the AV client.

Cons

Endpoint protection includes network driver integration that can affect how Windows works. I've experience several problems in the past where updates to the Endpoint Protection gets updated and the network connectivity is cutoff. The client must then be completely removed and reinstalled to regain connection to the network.

Jorge C.
  • Used for 1+ year

Symantec Endpoint

Reviewed on 31/1/2020

i do like the software but it is very complex to configure especially the firewall, it not as cheap as other that offers the same thing

Pros

one of the pioners on the market, very good software it has a lot of features, one of the most complete solutions for protecting your computer / data

Cons

the firewall it is not easy to configure, it practically block everything on your network / computer, it took a long time to setup correctly

Intercept X Endpoint

Intercept X Endpoint
Zuhairah A.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Reliable in protecting my digital information and asset

Reviewed on 9/7/2021

Pros

Symantec Endpoint Security is a set and forget type of software that i only need to setting it for the first time, and then it will running everything automatically. Sometime, they will sending notification is any threat are found, and i only need to choose either to delete the files or quarantine it.

Cons

I have try to export the software licenses from my old computer to the new computer, the process is quite frustrating as there is no clear instruction on how to do it. I had to find information from forums and contacting the customer support for this purpose. It should be simple enough and only need a few keystroke to complete it.

Rahul P.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

SEP groomed product for end point protection

Reviewed on 18/7/2019

Pros

Protection features
IPS
granularity of control
Customisation
backward compatibility

Cons

expensive to maintain and upgrade
lack report feature
UX ( user interface)

Olga T.
  • Industry: Printing

Corporation choice

Reviewed on 24/3/2020

I am pleased with the security level it provides. I think if our corporation chose Symantec Endpoint Protection, it must be totally worth it.

Pros

Since I had my software switched to Windows 10, they also changed my previous antivirus program on Symantec Endpoint Protection and as for me it was a good choice: it has a virus and spyware protection, as well as proactive threat protection and network and host exploit mitigation. So during the year and a half, I didn't have any issues with my computer security and no annoying pop-ups as some other programs are "infamous" for.

Cons

Since the program installation is the duty of our IT specialist, I didn't have any trouble with it at all. I can't do any changes in it either, it's an option only for network administrators but didn't have any need in it so far.

Serkan Y.
  • Industry: Automotive

The most reliable total protection software offered by Symantec

Reviewed on 27/5/2019

It gets your PC safe with some penalty of performance

Pros

This is the most reliable virus/malware protection software I have seen in my business life which the most of companies prefers to use it. It keeps clients as simple experience which does not have administration rights therefore you're not able to change any option. It secures within preferences your IT department set. I've been using it for 5 years on my business laptop, within this time period it detects virus/malwares without any damage.

Cons

While connected over VPN out of the office, it may use harddrive resource too much that affects performance of your PC.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

A Longtime User of Symantec

Reviewed on 2/2/2021

I have had nothing but a positive experience. It does what it is supposed to with no issues whatsoever.

Pros

I have had this protection on my personal laptop for years. It was easy to install, updates automatically and renews automatically. I have updated my laptop a few times since installing it and it was also extremely simple to transfer over to each new laptop. This is basically a set it and forget it software. In the many years I’ve used it, I’ve never had a malware issue. It’s great value for service.

Cons

I don’t have any cons to list here. This software is extremely effective.

Raul M.

Good protection and good support but not the best

Reviewed on 31/3/2018

It protects us against malware and our own people who browse internet and open email attachments blindly, like if nothing could ever happen :(

Pros

Symantec is one of the most known counter malware companies and we decided to give it a try. I don't know if it's a placebo effect, but somehow we feel more secure. Once in a while virus detection or an intrussion attack prevention notification arrives through email and that makes us feel that way.
It is easy to manage and policies can be created just in a few clicks.

Cons

Users with non admin privileges can confirm the execution of blocked apps. Oh Lord! That should not be able happen.

Charles C.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

One of the best EDP tools!

Reviewed on 21/1/2019

Pros

Symantec endpoint protection is a very effective endpoint protection tool that's easy to deploy. The interface is nice and polished and it's easy to deploy the software to from this simple console to multiple devices.
The security updates occurs daily and doesn't intrude wince it's done quietly in the background.
Another very nice aspect of this software is that it has very low rate of false positive alert.
I also like how granular the security control of each component is.

Cons

Symantec endpoint protection tends to use a lot of CPU resources when performing scans.

Zachary B.
  • Industry: Security & Investigations

Everyday Use With Symantec Endpoint Protection!!

Reviewed on 2/10/2019

We solve several business issues with it, the fact that we have a huge network with over 5000 employees just in our headquarters location and city saves us a world of possible issues and headaches we would otherwise face without it.

Pros

I like the fact once it's set up, you don't have to do much after that, at most the occasional update. Our company uses it for several applications, and various reasons. We monitor all activity coming in, as well as going out.

Cons

As much as it's a plus, the fact you can set it to administrators or people with access can calibrate it can sometimes be a headache.

Simon E.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Never failed or had issues over several years

Reviewed on 7/9/2018

Nothing but good times.

Pros

Easy to deploy to multiple devices from single console. Policies and upgrades can all be configured and deployed from a single console. I have been using Symantec EndPoint for several years on hundreds of sites and no outbreaks or issues. It was that good I started to think what isn't it finding so scanned with other AV products and my systems were clean.

Cons

Support can be difficult at times. The firewall policy can be a little over whelming to non experienced users, but you could chose not to deploy that part.

• Industry: Insurance

Effective security product that is easy to implement

Reviewed on 17/7/2018

Secured our servers and desktops effectively and efficiently. Centralized security management of our devices.

Pros

We have used Endpoint Protection for many years with minimal issues. We moved to the hosted version last year which has made deployment and management even easier and eliminated the need for a dedicated server.

Cons

System resource usage tends to be excessive, particularly at system startup and initial login. User control from the desktop is fairly minimal which can make troubleshooting an issue on the rare occasion it's necessary.

Md muhibbul C.

Symantec review

Reviewed on 14/9/2019

Overall, I am happy with Symantec Endpoint protection software as it's being used in lot of companies with licensed version to provide industry standard security from viruses and other network threats.

Pros

1) Excellent industry standard Anti Virus software which is easy to use.
2) In addition to virus, it's very good to prevent from malware or spyware protection.

Cons

1) There is no free version. After trial version, have to buy the paid version which seems little costly.
2) Sometimes not clear whether it found the virus or spyware.

Set and forget protection

Reviewed on 31/8/2019

A positive overall experience...Since they have reduced system resources it makes it usable on most machines and protects well.

Pros

It automatically scans continuously to keep you protected and also has weekly thorough scans (just in case something was missed)

Cons

It is much better than previous versions however it can still hog resources. It is at an acceptable level now compared to older verisons.

Angie M.

Well known product

Reviewed on 24/4/2019

I found it very useful that the virus scans and updates were running in the background as not to disrupt daily productivity.

Pros

Symantec is a very well known product, it's reputation speaks volumes amount IT managers and even myself as an endpoint user. It's nice to know the software is in place in order to protect us personally and professionally. The virus scans and updates were running in the background as not to disrupt daily productivity.

Cons

I do not have any complaints about this software.

Shane R.
  • Industry: Design

Virus free for at least a decade

Reviewed on 9/1/2019

I highly recommend this product. In the decade or longer I have used it, I have been virus and spyware free.

Pros

It installs easily, updates and scans quickly. There is the ability to add custom firewall rules to open up ports for certain types of software.

Cons

Recent compatibility issues with windows 10. After the latest creators update windows automatically removed the software from my laptop without asking me. I am sure there is a newer version that is compatible, just need to track it down now.

Rekhav P.

Best Antivirus as compared to other available in market.

Reviewed on 1/2/2019

Make things go more viral and do some awareness programs in metro cities of India. Increase easily available product via net and local vendors.

Pros

It is the best antivirus for Servers.
It has best managibility for users.
It works really silently.

Cons

As usual it slows down Server by 10% compared to other at 5-6%.
Why all updates are not automatic updates, everytime we have to do virus definition update manually.
Few features are there which can be made more user friendly.

• Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great anti-virus software!

Reviewed on 4/12/2019

I'm using Symantec Endpoint Protection at my office computer and I am more than satisfied!

Pros

Symantec Endpoint Protection is a great tool to protect my computer against threats and viruses. It works great with my browser when trying to open a new website.

Cons

There is nothing that I like least about Symantec Endpoint Protection since it protects my computer daily.

Cem D.

Secures Your Computer

Reviewed on 31/8/2019

Overall, it is a good option with high security.

Pros

It is compatible for all versions of Windows & Mac OS. You can schedule the auto-scanning and get the scanning reports. It does its job & make your system secured. You can use it in the companies with high number of employees & secure the data and system.

Cons

It uses a little bit high percentage of CPUs while scanning & this makes computer slightly slow.

Baldeep B.

Need AV in your business, check this tool out

Reviewed on 19/4/2018

Pros

This AV tool is great for larger businesses. The admins can push out updates, policies and so on from one console. Licenses made easy via the server.

Cons

When moving from one provider to another, it's best to use a removal tool from the previous provider. You could end up with two anti virus products on your system and wonder why it's running slow. As a result, moving systems can be a time consuming task.

Superior Device Protection

Reviewed on 10/10/2019

Pros

Ease of manageability through a centralized admin console. Ability to create groupings and assign each group their own individual protection scheme. Ease of localized and remote deployment with active directory integration. Quick alerts when an issue is detected.

Cons

Reporting and their customization features still need improvement. delivery of reports are sometimes delayed.

Caner Ç.
  • Used for 2+ years

Very glad that my company chose Symantec!

Reviewed on 4/2/2020

My desktop works very safe and powerful thanks to Symantec.

Pros

Most of the antivirus programs slow downs the computer. With symantec i can not even feel that it protects me. So effective.

Cons

If you coded a program for your own business, this program automatically blocks this and suggests you to quarantine.