Protect Your Business

4.1/5

Anthony
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Robust and advanced endpoint protection

Reviewed on 28/8/2022

Symantec Endpoint Security is a powerful endpoint protection platform that offers optimal features to ensure a high level of protection and a productive workspace.

Pros

It has the ability to protect different endpoints such as laptops, desktops and cell phones, used by employees in the office or remotely. It has proven very effective in stopping advanced attacks. Its intelligence network model has the effectiveness to neutralize and prevent attacks before they start. Online support responds in a timely manner.

Cons

This is a very advanced platform in detecting attacks, but it consumes a lot of computing resources.

Brett
  • Industry: Design

LONG TIME Symantec user, and still on board.

Reviewed on 2/8/2018

Symantec has protected my customers for many years, and I use it in our company also. We've never experience a threat that wasn't, or couldn't be, isolated and removed or quarantined. It's been a very cost effective solution for our company paired with our hardware firewall.

Pros

It's very easy to install and administer, as either a stand alone endpoint installation or a managed client endpoint. Updates are automatic and the built in firewall is very effective. I've been using Symantec products since we replaced McCrappy throughout our entire organization (enterprise class healthcare organization with multiple hospitals and ambulatory care sites) and have rarely had anything get past it. Given the state of Ransomewear today however, I highly recommend connecting your endpoint AV to a cloud database for realtime and zero day scanning and remediation. Symantec one of the oldest players in the channel and still one of the best.

Cons

The one problem I've experienced using Symantec Endpoint Protection over the years is that from time to time (rarely and generally localized to a workstation) the local database gets corrupted somehow and a number of steps need to be followed to repair the software and get updates flowing again. Simply uninstalling and reinstalling does not do that trick. Past that, it's always been a great asset.

Jeff

Good virus protection but needs improvement in performance and malware protection

Reviewed on 21/3/2020

Classic and well working anti virus program with easy to deploy in business environment but still lacks protection again malwares and spywares. Performance enhancement may be needed to keep current clients and attract new users.

Pros

Well structured system including server side manager and workstation client deployment
Endpoint manager allows policy management in multiple areas including virus protection, firewall, exception and other areas. Client deployment has multiple options for server and clients as well as remote push or standalone packages.

Cons

Performance degradation is prominent when working with file based database engines like Visual Fox Pro . And protection against malwares and spywares are very limited at best. Compatibility with major programs are also concern. Latest version of endpoint client caused Chrome browser failure. Removal was required to make Chrome work again.

Webroot Business Endpoint Protection
Luis Jose
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

The Software that provides the necessary protection to our equipment

Reviewed on 22/11/2022

Symantec Endpoint Security is a powerful tool to detect, block and eliminate any threat to our computer equipment, extremely effective.

Pros

In the company where I previously worked I had an excellent experience with this software, since it allows to have a central console where the IT Personnel. it has full control over the Antivirus configuration, updates, etc., without the intervention of the users, it offers peace of mind and allows them to concentrate on their work and not be aware of any threat. It has proven to be an efficient antivirus, in the company we did not have any catastrophic event over 7 years.

Cons

Eventually it can detect a threat when it really isn't, such as installing some component like a tablet driver, the antivirus detects it as a threat and blocks it, when it shouldn't have, but otherwise I'm satisfied with the Software .

sateesh
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Symantec Endpoint Security .

Reviewed on 10/11/2022

Easy deployment and maintenance

Pros

SES has very good Support team with good knowledge on customser issues

Cons

But need to optimize software to less burden on processor and Ram during Realtime scan .Need to Optimize Resource consumptions of CPU during

Ruben
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great software

Reviewed on 28/9/2022

We've been spared some major trouble thanks to Symantec stopping a nasty virus.

Pros

I like how userfriendly this software is!

Cons

Installing this software on the clients takes longer than other similar software.

Pritam
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

SES-one of the best protections available for your PC

Reviewed on 28/9/2022

Pros

The way it handles visiting malicious sites is incredible.

Cons

The interface could have been better. Autorun files of external hard drives/pen drives are always blocked by it. Some websites are readily blocked and do not have an option to allow access to them in the opened webpage. Infected files should be repaired from quarantine.

Ahmed
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Reviewed on 4/12/2022

Pros

Dashboard, Centralized management, easy access and deployment,

Cons

Cloud system is not easy to manage and install

Martin
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Generally safety

Reviewed on 30/11/2022

Pros

One of the best security software, generally because it is easy to use and has many features.

Cons

It is not always effective with malware and is difficult to configure.

Reviewed on 14/1/2023

Great experience. It is reliable and makes computer feel safe from viruses

Pros

Great antivirus software. It is convenient to have on the computer and to run scans

Cons

Sometimes can be long and slow to scan.

Drew
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Symantec SEP 14.2 and above

Reviewed on 7/5/2020

Could not ask for a better product from a security and protection standpoint. Occasionally there are issues due to due to Microsoft operating system updates, but they are usually corrected within days.

Pros

we have 500 clients using this software in 8 languages on 5 continents. We have had ZERO malware incidents on protected assets in 10 years of using this product. It is fast, effective, and fairly easy to administer with both on-prem and cloud options.

Cons

Symantec's license management and download portal leave a bit to be desired. Things may change with the sale of these products to Broadcom.

Trellix Endpoint Security

Reasons for Switching to Symantec Endpoint Security

Strategic Symantec Partnership, and other compatible products to off our customers, including Encryption, and Network Access Control
vasu

Symantec, is a security software suite for server and desktop computers

Reviewed on 14/3/2018

Endpoint security securing the endpoints on a network, often defined as end-user devices such as mobile devices, laptops, and desktop PCs, although hardware such as servers in a data center are also considered endpoints and verifies every packet that comes in as well as that goes out.

Pros

Symantec, is a security software suite, which consists of anti-malware, intrusion prevention and firewall features for server and desktop computers and have been using Symantec Endpoint Protection past 15 years in our organization on all Desktops, Laptops, and Servers and all the departments of the organization.we use Microsoft Windows exclusively, so this pertains to Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2 for server operating systems. We have it deployed on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 for endpoints.

Basically protecting the corporate network when accessed via remote devices such as laptops or other wireless and mobile devices. Each device with a remote connecting to the network creates a potential entry point for security threats.

The best tool to monitoring N/W security status, activities, software, authorization and authentication.
Symantec is more than antivirus,Effective and accurate antispam protection,Fast protection at the Web gateway,Fast and easy protection,Safeguard intellectual property and finally it's Ensure compliance.

Cons

Having to reboot each client after a version upgrade can be troublesome.
LiveUpdate client sometimes breaks and requires a fix to repair the client. This is needed to ensure the client receives timely updates and definitions.

Kory

Anti-Virus Software That Does Its Job!

Reviewed on 17/11/2017

Antivirus / Malware protection, and endpoint firewall protection.

Pros

For an Anti-Virus / Firewall software, it is pretty quiet, meaning that it doesn't pop up all of the time with warnings and alerts, like other programs do. We are using the cloud version of the product, and it seems to work very well, we have email notifications setup, and we will get an email if it blocks something, or someone tries to run a program that it thinks is sketchy, or tries to access a website with some known issues, but otherwise, you install it, and it does its job. I do like the ability that I can sort of customize the install package for mass deployment (we use it with SCCM and its flawless), it will allow me to pick the group of computers that I want the laptop or desktop to belong to and I push that package during our SCCM task sequence, and after that I don't have to login to the symantec portal to move it, or manage it since my policies are already established.

Cons

I think the online interface is a bit cumbersome. I think that from the firewall perspective it seems a bit difficult to make it do what you want it to do, and unfortunately, their support is not incredibly helpful in this regard, at least in my previous experience. My biggest complaint is that if I reimage a computer, and re-use the same name, it makes a duplicate entry / assigns another license until I go out to the symantec portal and delete the previous record.

Vicki

Software protection for your computer

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Save computer downtime and disruption. Helps to keep our data safe and free from malware and viruses. This prevents the cost of having to wipe and reprogram computers. there is a time and expense with this, not to mention the chance of losing critical information.

Pros

Like this software because I know that they are monitoring my computer 24/7 for viruses that could infect or even destroy my data. When I review something on the web or if I click into an email, this software will immediately notify me if it is a virus and takes care of it. Since the software itself is updated daily, they are always on top of making sure that the program is able to check the latest viruses. this is very important to us, because we need our data secure and our computers working in top condition.

Cons

I really have not found anything I don't like about this program - it works behind the scene doing what it needs to do. No software is full proof, because people are always coming up with new ways to create harm and be malicious. Since using this software we have had only one case of being attacked by a virus.

Sarah

Peace of Mind

Reviewed on 10/7/2022

Symantec Endpoint Security is set up on all devices throughout our business on a multi-device plan. It is very reliable and we have not had any problems since signing up.

Pros

I love that Symantec Endpoint Security keeps our sensitive business information protected. It runs itself in the background so it's seamless.

Cons

There is nothing in particular about Symantec Endpoint Security but we often wonder what the difference between all the many other products that have flooded the market. Does it all do the same thing?

Çağrı
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great And Realible Software To Eliminate Viruses

Reviewed on 18/2/2020

I have been using Symantec End Protection software for 8 years in total. I had some experience with other Virus Protection Softwares like Kaspersky and I can it is best product I have seen so far.Symantec has never disappointed me and never failed to my expectations. We haven't recognized any performance loss even we exposed some virus attacks .Symantec software working as shield to proctect your computer . In addition to this it gives customers effectiveness and productivty in detecting viruses and defending your computer .

Pros

What I like most about the Symantec is offering shield mechanism which protect my computer from different types of viruses. Addition to this it does not harm your computer procesesor and you never feel any performance degradation problem

Cons

I have experienced some problems regarding old version programs on my computer which I installed many years ago.Symantec struggle to complete authentication of older programs. Additon to this I have never recieved any virus search report after scan of my computer

Dustin

Please with Symantec Endpoint Protection

Reviewed on 19/1/2018

Great product. Easy to implement, use and manage. Easy to scale down or up depending on how many devices you have.

Pros

My organization has been using Symantec Endpoint Protection for over 5 years. This software is easy to use and distribute. The centralized admin interface makes it easy to add new devices and see an overall security overview of my organization's assets. The custom policies allow for me to make modifications on specific machines and not effect all the others. I do this to allow exceptions on several of our machines that need it in order to perform their function.

Cons

It isn't easy to temporarily disable for troubleshooting purposes. I need to temporarily disable Symantec so I could download a piece of software it was conflicting with. Had to look up how to do this and it was a multi step process. On the bright side the documentation of how to do it was easy to find and go through.

Jenée

Suited for Large companies

Reviewed on 19/2/2020

Overall my experience with Symantec has been OK for use on my home computer. It may be better for use on a larger scale of companies but it can be used at home.

Pros

The Symantec Endpoint Protection is a well known security system to protect your computer from malware and viruses.I have used several different anti-virus systems for my computer and the Symantec has worked really well. It is good at stopping questionable programs from running or downloading on your computer that may seem untrustworthy. It also gives previews to sites showing questionable and unsafe sites. It also prompts you every time an upgrade is needed.

Cons

when the software has lapsed, or close to expiry it tends to be a hassle to get it renewed. It is better to be used in a large company scale since i use it on my home computer and can be a hassle when renewing.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Enterprise protection for your company computers

Reviewed on 13/5/2019

Our computers are coming already per-installed with Symantec Endpoint Protection. It is solid virus and malware protection tool. I get a notification of one web site ask me to access some permissions, Symantec Endpoint is warned me that web portal is suspicious even it seems like pretty normal education web site. It is up to dated virus and malware protection database really give me trust. I can schedule routine scanning to the night time so i don't effect from computer slowness when it scans

Pros

Malware and Virus protection is very reliable, very stable, easy to install and maintain product. It's notifications when they feel a threat is very satisfactory for me. It saved me from very potential threat situations. Almost weekly or daily up to dated virus and malware database.

Cons

When it scans all your computer, your computer starts to work a bit slowly. But you can schedule this scans.

Amber
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used for 2+ years

Barely Know It's There!

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

It has been great to have this software because my department does deal with customer data and credit card information.

Pros

Working as a subset of a university, we are used to being on lockdown in terms of our desktops and laptops. They added the Symantec to our new desktops about a year and a half ago, and I have to say, I like it a lot better than our previous firewall/virus software. It doesn't have all of the popups that interfere with your work, and my system doesn't seem to be bogged down by the software. It's doing its job and I don't even know it's there!

Cons

Honestly, I haven't had any issues from this software, from the user end of things. It has been very convenient and no problems.

Mohammed
  • Industry: Utilities

Symantec Endpoint protection review

Reviewed on 28/8/2019

Overall it is good, but needs more improvement to protect all 365 degree for the endpoints.

Pros

Easy and simply to use,
protect from most of the viruses,
updates daily schedule patches antivirus signatures
we have been using it since last 1.5 years

Cons

i would require separate antimalware software long side symantec.
to protect my end users form malwares. because it was not protecting against most of the dangerous malware.

Malwarebytes for Business
ILKER

1ST BRAND OF COMPUTER PROTECTION

Reviewed on 13/6/2019

it is very good and detect every virus or threats ,it does not request too much update, we had some difficulties with the previous one and it has been requesting too much update and it is boring if you have urgent something to do. Getting Update is important for virus protection programs because hackers produce viruses continously

Pros

The updates comes frequently so the Symantec protection is keeping the latest and updated version of virus so I feel more comfortable when I enter untrusted web sites.

Cons

The program makes my computer a little bit slower ,this is the worst thing for symantec endpoint protection because I could compare the with installed symantec and without installation.I felt the computer is a little bit faster without symantec

• Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

One of the best practices among traditional antiviruses.

Reviewed on 19/5/2019

The product offers improved user interface and successful system performance, especially in terms of simple operation. Enterprise is one of the most preferred antivirus applications in terms of compatibility for environments. The product is particularly successful in segmentation. It offers other detailed features such as the ability to capture inventory information from end users.

Pros

Not putting too much load on system performance, not consuming too much system resources, simple operation interface and maximum compatibility for enterprise environments.

Cons

It could be reduced from your chances of protecting end users against advanced threats only with this application. Another complementary product is needed in terms of protection.

Matt

Quiet Endpoint Protection Software

Reviewed on 16/7/2018

Pros

I like that the software has a small footprint and runs quietly. I don't like when antivirus software talks to me or bugs me every five minutes with popups. Endpoint Security runs silently in the background, sends notifications when they're needed, and doesn't otherwise bother me. I might even forget it was there.
The interface is very minimal, not overloading you with lots of big buttons to click on.

Cons

I don't have much in the way of complaints right now, but I will say that while I like the simple interface, I do find that sometimes I would like to have a little more control from the user side, or at least the option to view it while sitting at a users desk.

Olga
  • Industry: Printing

Corporation choice

Reviewed on 24/3/2020

I am pleased with the security level it provides. I think if our corporation chose Symantec Endpoint Protection, it must be totally worth it.

Pros

Since I had my software switched to Windows 10, they also changed my previous antivirus program on Symantec Endpoint Protection and as for me it was a good choice: it has a virus and spyware protection, as well as proactive threat protection and network and host exploit mitigation. So during the year and a half, I didn't have any issues with my computer security and no annoying pop-ups as some other programs are "infamous" for.

Cons

Since the program installation is the duty of our IT specialist, I didn't have any trouble with it at all. I can't do any changes in it either, it's an option only for network administrators but didn't have any need in it so far.