Protect Your Business

4.1/5

Anthony
  • Industry: Consumer Goods
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Robust and advanced endpoint protection

Reviewed on 28/8/2022

Symantec Endpoint Security is a powerful endpoint protection platform that offers optimal features to ensure a high level of protection and a productive workspace.

Pros

It has the ability to protect different endpoints such as laptops, desktops and cell phones, used by employees in the office or remotely. It has proven very effective in stopping advanced attacks. Its intelligence network model has the effectiveness to neutralize and prevent attacks before they start. Online support responds in a timely manner.

Cons

This is a very advanced platform in detecting attacks, but it consumes a lot of computing resources.

Matt
  • Industry: Logistics & Supply Chain

Symantec Endpoint Security gets the job done

Reviewed on 4/11/2021

This was a good solution and is a good solution for any organization, but for us we determined that we wanted a single provider for as much of our security suite as possible.

Pros

We needed something better than Windows Defender and Symantec offers centralized management, and reporting among other things. It worked well, but isn't perfect.

Cons

Symantec products are generally well put together, but it did not integrate well with our Cisco security suite and so we went with Cisco's solution after some time due to the lack of centralized management from a single console.

Özge
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management
  • Used Weekly for Free Trial

Review for Symantec

Reviewed on 15/9/2022

Pros

What I like most is that it can instantly detect and block any address that tries to reach the PC without your knowledge. it keeps itself updated every day, I've never seen it crippling the system like other programs. Fast, memory-friendly, problem-free and reliable antivirus with very light form designs with virus database of norton antivirus. It is also important to use it on the desktop. The interface is simple and easy.

Cons

Unfortunately, when I do a full scan on the computer, this program finishes in the longest time among its competitors. The scanning speed of Mail protection is very bad. When I say to disable some of its features, it does not allow and I cannot stop the weekly scan.

Sarah

Peace of Mind

Reviewed on 10/7/2022

Symantec Endpoint Security is set up on all devices throughout our business on a multi-device plan. It is very reliable and we have not had any problems since signing up.

Pros

I love that Symantec Endpoint Security keeps our sensitive business information protected. It runs itself in the background so it's seamless.

Cons

There is nothing in particular about Symantec Endpoint Security but we often wonder what the difference between all the many other products that have flooded the market. Does it all do the same thing?

Sonu
  • Industry: Banking

Antivirus for systems

Reviewed on 25/9/2019

In a organisation spreading of virus and threat spreading is common issue. In order to protect from such incidents protection is being used.

Pros

As it is implemented on a centralized server, Pushing update is easy. We can monitor the healthiness of each endpoints that is every system.
If one threat is detected it can be analysed and stooped.

Cons

It also detects some files which doesn't contain any virus and are not threat to system.

Trend Micro Deep Security

Best Deal, Cost effective, Better support and protection
Roxana Georgiana
  • Industry: Information Services

A virus protection that does it’s job

Reviewed on 9/8/2022

Pros

It’s a common app used in IT industry that can be used also on personal computers because it’s cheap. Does it’s job very well and stops malicious software to run on the computer.

Cons

While stopping the malicious apps to run, it sometimes stops the main software.

• Industry: Telecommunications

Reviewed on 26/8/2022

Overall a good software to have for any organisation which wants to keeps its users networks and data/filesystem secured

Pros

A good software which protects users from unknown virus , malware , ransomware etc threats .
Works on background and informs user well about any security threats

Cons

Deployment and manual scan features needs to be improved a bit

• Industry: Telecommunications

Not bad at all

Reviewed on 14/8/2022

Nice experience, I would recommend it.

Pros

I like that everything is secured with Symantec. It is a very solid tool for keeping your data protected. I also think that it is great that has embedded all the features neccesary for protection as in anti malware, firewall protection and also for intrusion prevention. That way you surely know you are protected.

Cons

For me it wasn't that user friendly as other application resembling it.

Reviewed on 25/8/2022

Pros

Symantec Endpoint Security is a total comprehensive solution

Cons

Migration can be a problem when using Symantec Endpoint Security

Maegan
  • Industry: Legal Services

Great Protection

Reviewed on 18/8/2022

Pros

This is one of the greatest choices we made. We enjoyed that it worked and we felt protected.

Cons

I did not like the price and for that reason we found something more in our budget.

Symantec is one of the toughest antivirus software's out there

Reviewed on 3/2/2021

I must say that this is by far one of the greatest enemies of Support and in case you want to be sure that something won't be changed in any possible way ( Firewall, incoming connections from some PC in general or files copied ), make sure to get Symantec as you won't be disappointed while using it even a little bit and I can sign this as an agent who is working with it for a couple years so far.

Pros

This antivirus is so good, that it looks like an impossible obstacles sometimes on my work, as I keep encountering it daily while working on some of my Customers.
It is easy to deploy, password protected ( if you are trying to uninstall it or stop it, you can't do it without password ) and provides user protection from almost anything, especially as it integrates and utilizes Windows Firewall and Virus Protection on Windows 10 for instance, to provide impenetrable wall for any attack.

Cons

I can say that sometimes I don't like how tough this one is, as it is my daily job to make my software work fine with Symantec, but if Customer Administrator is not online, I am unable to do anything.
That's why I would recommend it to everyone out there, as I am battling it for a couple years so far and I know how good it is.

Irfan
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Best Available Protection Tool for large scale Infrastructure.

Reviewed on 5/3/2020

Overall experience is excellent, this suite provide continue protection from viruses, anti-malware, intrusion prevention and other threats as well as firewall features for endpoint users as well as servers.

Pros

Regular Scanning @ end point users.
stop forcefully unauthorized Applications in the network.
Best available policies in Firewall for threat detection.
fast and best recovery
act like more-then Antivirus

Cons

Hanged often not regular
still finding Cons.
but still space for upgrading.

Reasons for Choosing Symantec Endpoint Security

feature are not good inundation/data base Update is hard job Pricing licensing

Reasons for Switching to Symantec Endpoint Security

feature are excellent. Virus data base Update is hard job at end users Pricing licensing
Dale
  • Industry: Warehousing

3 years in, saved us multiple times with only the occasional hiccup.

Reviewed on 9/10/2019

The cloud console has a pretty iffy layout that can be a bit cumbersome at times. It is mostly annoying when you first start with it. However once you get past the initial setup and build your profiles, it is easy to use it going forward. You deploy it to the user, then chose their profile group, chose if they need file and printer sharing, you can lock down USB, and other nice features. In general its been a great experience outside of a few little things.

Pros

Easy to deploy once you have it all set up. It allows a decent amount of configuration and profiles can be set based on the individual users needs. It is also pretty much set and forget 95% of the time. The cloud console will tell if their are any specific users with issues and let you know about threats that have been detected and on what machine it happened on. All good stuff.

Cons

The cloud component is a separate installation form the actual AV client(according to windows). If the installation fails for any reason you have to get the Symantec removal tool and run that prior to reinstalling the software, otherwise you end up with the cloud component being fixed and the AV component still broken. This can get time consuming and will require multiple reboots which is not fun on a server you need up and running. It is also prone to nagging about rebooting prior to installation, so sometimes you have to get 3-4 reboots in to get it workings. This is rare but does happen.

vasu

Symantec, is a security software suite for server and desktop computers

Reviewed on 14/3/2018

Endpoint security securing the endpoints on a network, often defined as end-user devices such as mobile devices, laptops, and desktop PCs, although hardware such as servers in a data center are also considered endpoints and verifies every packet that comes in as well as that goes out.

Pros

Symantec, is a security software suite, which consists of anti-malware, intrusion prevention and firewall features for server and desktop computers and have been using Symantec Endpoint Protection past 15 years in our organization on all Desktops, Laptops, and Servers and all the departments of the organization.we use Microsoft Windows exclusively, so this pertains to Windows Server 2008, Windows Server 2008 R2, Windows Server 2012 R2 for server operating systems. We have it deployed on Windows 7, Windows 8, and Windows 10 for endpoints.

Basically protecting the corporate network when accessed via remote devices such as laptops or other wireless and mobile devices. Each device with a remote connecting to the network creates a potential entry point for security threats.

The best tool to monitoring N/W security status, activities, software, authorization and authentication.
Symantec is more than antivirus,Effective and accurate antispam protection,Fast protection at the Web gateway,Fast and easy protection,Safeguard intellectual property and finally it's Ensure compliance.

Cons

Having to reboot each client after a version upgrade can be troublesome.
LiveUpdate client sometimes breaks and requires a fix to repair the client. This is needed to ensure the client receives timely updates and definitions.

Symantec Endpoint Protections - guards critical data safely

Reviewed on 17/4/2019

We are working in a health care sector which resides lot of critical and personal data. Data security is our main concern, Symantec endpoint protection provides us with the end to end security of files and customer data. it is installed in all the employees laptop and installation an configuration is easy, Automatic updates makes life simpler. The end user doesn't have impact on the scans being run on the system, occasional rebooting of system is required when any updated are done to the system. Overall a very good antivirus and Malware detection and kill software used in most of the high level corporate companies.

Pros

1. Compatible with all versions of Windows and Mac OS.
2. We use the cloud version of the software,Email notifications and logs about malware and virus detection are cool features.
3. Updates are automatic, we used to do it manually .
4. Build in firewall function is very effective as we get data from many sources.
5. Scans are even done on the applications being downloaded from web which ensures 100% safety.
6. Easy to scale up ad down based on the number of devices.
7. Proactive threat protection option is very useful.
8. The weekly and monthly scan reports can be scheduled and automated and the logs are very descriptive.
9. The interaction with the end user is very minimal and doesn't create any pop ups unnecessarily.

Cons

1. Annual renewal fee is little higher compared to other vendors.
2. Around 30 to 40% of the CPU resources are consumed during the scan process.
3.The laptop becomes slow while accessing files and data.

Kory

Anti-Virus Software That Does Its Job!

Reviewed on 17/11/2017

Antivirus / Malware protection, and endpoint firewall protection.

Pros

For an Anti-Virus / Firewall software, it is pretty quiet, meaning that it doesn't pop up all of the time with warnings and alerts, like other programs do. We are using the cloud version of the product, and it seems to work very well, we have email notifications setup, and we will get an email if it blocks something, or someone tries to run a program that it thinks is sketchy, or tries to access a website with some known issues, but otherwise, you install it, and it does its job. I do like the ability that I can sort of customize the install package for mass deployment (we use it with SCCM and its flawless), it will allow me to pick the group of computers that I want the laptop or desktop to belong to and I push that package during our SCCM task sequence, and after that I don't have to login to the symantec portal to move it, or manage it since my policies are already established.

Cons

I think the online interface is a bit cumbersome. I think that from the firewall perspective it seems a bit difficult to make it do what you want it to do, and unfortunately, their support is not incredibly helpful in this regard, at least in my previous experience. My biggest complaint is that if I reimage a computer, and re-use the same name, it makes a duplicate entry / assigns another license until I go out to the symantec portal and delete the previous record.

Brett
  • Industry: Design

LONG TIME Symantec user, and still on board.

Reviewed on 2/8/2018

Symantec has protected my customers for many years, and I use it in our company also. We've never experience a threat that wasn't, or couldn't be, isolated and removed or quarantined. It's been a very cost effective solution for our company paired with our hardware firewall.

Pros

It's very easy to install and administer, as either a stand alone endpoint installation or a managed client endpoint. Updates are automatic and the built in firewall is very effective. I've been using Symantec products since we replaced McCrappy throughout our entire organization (enterprise class healthcare organization with multiple hospitals and ambulatory care sites) and have rarely had anything get past it. Given the state of Ransomewear today however, I highly recommend connecting your endpoint AV to a cloud database for realtime and zero day scanning and remediation. Symantec one of the oldest players in the channel and still one of the best.

Cons

The one problem I've experienced using Symantec Endpoint Protection over the years is that from time to time (rarely and generally localized to a workstation) the local database gets corrupted somehow and a number of steps need to be followed to repair the software and get updates flowing again. Simply uninstalling and reinstalling does not do that trick. Past that, it's always been a great asset.

Bodo

Good Virus Protection Suite

Reviewed on 30/9/2019

Symantec overall is a good and fast Virus/Threat Protection solution for small to mid-size workgroups.

Pros

Symantec is fast and runs easily in the background. It doesn't load the system resources and provides easy-to-use central management capability. Installation is typically smooth and deployment takes minutes.

Cons

There some lack of information to the user on what Symantec finds in the background that makes troubleshooting connection/firewall issues a black box.

Trellix Endpoint Security

Reasons for Choosing Symantec Endpoint Security

Larger Support/Development Base and easier deployment.
YagneshKumar
  • Industry: Hospitality

Symantec Secure Software

Reviewed on 5/5/2018

The benefit i get from using Symantec is the peace of mind knowing my personal data is secure at all times, customer support is always ready to help whenever needed; Moreover, Symantec even scans any application that i download from the web, and makes it sure that is it safe before executing the install, that is a huge plus for me.

Pros

Symantec does a great job in terms of blocking viruses, malware, spyware, ads, and it is fast. I use it daily on my PC and as well as at my workplace. The security updates download automatically and daily in the background without bugging the user, I can scan a particular file or directory, i can schedule a scan anytime of my preference, also if a new updates has been installed and if it requires me to reboot my pc, i can choose a later time to perform that task Symantec is great in terms of security, i have a peace of mind when i use Symantec knowing i am safe when browsing the web. Next feature, is the quick customer support, Symantec customers reps are always available at any given time.

Cons

One of the downside of using Symantec is that it takes up a lot of system memory since the applications is always running in background. My RAM space on my PC is 8GB, when Symantec is running in the background it takes up-to 35-45 percent of my RAM, which then i do not have much left of to work with.

• Industry: Computer & Network Security

It is one of most trusted software for Endpoint Security

Reviewed on 20/5/2022

Overall, I had great experience using it, and have not noticed any glitches while using it. It does really stop the threats and keep the endpoint device safe.

Pros

It is simply doing its job on the backend, stopping the threads without user noticing it. If users have clicked on malicious url, software link, it kicks in and stop the threat from happening, which gives confidence to user, as human mistakes are possible. Symantec Endpoint Security secures the environment when threat already passed multiple Security appliances such as next gen firewall, IDS, IPS so it is one of the most critical parts of the Security and there Symantec Endpoint does its job really well.

Cons

Sometimes when it is doing its job, stopping the malicious script, it also stops the genuine software, which really does not give the great user experience.

Drew
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Symantec SEP 14.2 and above

Reviewed on 7/5/2020

Could not ask for a better product from a security and protection standpoint. Occasionally there are issues due to due to Microsoft operating system updates, but they are usually corrected within days.

Pros

we have 500 clients using this software in 8 languages on 5 continents. We have had ZERO malware incidents on protected assets in 10 years of using this product. It is fast, effective, and fairly easy to administer with both on-prem and cloud options.

Cons

Symantec's license management and download portal leave a bit to be desired. Things may change with the sale of these products to Broadcom.

Trellix Endpoint Security

Reasons for Switching to Symantec Endpoint Security

Strategic Symantec Partnership, and other compatible products to off our customers, including Encryption, and Network Access Control
Beecher
  • Industry: Information Services

Very good anti-virus protection, but system integration can cause problems

Reviewed on 6/8/2019

Symantec Endpoint Protection is very good at what it does. It can overreach at times, in my opinion, but it stops viruses and malware on every system I've used it on.

Pros

Extremely good and reliable antivirus software. Symantec, in my experience will protect your endpoints from the large majority of threats in the wild. I haven't had a threat make it past the AV client.

Cons

Endpoint protection includes network driver integration that can affect how Windows works. I've experience several problems in the past where updates to the Endpoint Protection gets updated and the network connectivity is cutoff. The client must then be completely removed and reinstalled to regain connection to the network.

Justin
  • Industry: Higher Education

Symantec Endpoint Provides Fantastic Computer Protection 24-hours a day

Reviewed on 22/8/2019

Symantec Endpoint has protected our thousands of PCs from virus threats and malware too many times to count. Overall, our organization has been very pleased with protection coverage that Symantec is giving us.

Pros

There are a lot of reasons to like Symantec Endpoint, but the reason our company chose this product is because of the broad scope of coverage from viruses, malware, and constant monitoring of our data centers.

Cons

Our company employs thousands of staff and so we knew going in that this software would not be an inexpensive software acquisition. The initial proposal was outside of our price range but after some difficult conversations and negotiations with the Symantec sales team we were able to find a product and price that suited us.

Vicki

Software protection for your computer

Reviewed on 12/12/2019

Save computer downtime and disruption. Helps to keep our data safe and free from malware and viruses. This prevents the cost of having to wipe and reprogram computers. there is a time and expense with this, not to mention the chance of losing critical information.

Pros

Like this software because I know that they are monitoring my computer 24/7 for viruses that could infect or even destroy my data. When I review something on the web or if I click into an email, this software will immediately notify me if it is a virus and takes care of it. Since the software itself is updated daily, they are always on top of making sure that the program is able to check the latest viruses. this is very important to us, because we need our data secure and our computers working in top condition.

Cons

I really have not found anything I don't like about this program - it works behind the scene doing what it needs to do. No software is full proof, because people are always coming up with new ways to create harm and be malicious. Since using this software we have had only one case of being attacked by a virus.

Fernando

Traditional and trustful solution for corporative environments

Reviewed on 14/9/2018

It is my job partner, it protects me along my day without being disturbing. Rarely I see an advice for it or need to take a manual action, and it stills there, doing its good job. I recommend it, for sure!

Pros

In our company we use it for all the employees. Our IT department has full control over adjustments of all the installations. Employees don't need to worry about scheduled scannings, updatings, fine tunning or anything else. Its pre installed on all the machines and is there to protect, not to disturb. Its awesome!

Cons

What can be a pro in one hand, can also be a con in the other hand. The way it works on client machines, by being configured by IT department and not locally may cause some troubles. You just can't set an action different than quarantine a suspect object. But we all know that sometimes it can be a bad judgment from the antivirus side, like a driver for Android that I needed to install and it was classified as unknown source and therefore didn't allowed me to proceed with installation. At least an option to ignore the object could be better.