Symantec Endpoint Protection

Protect Your Business

4.3 /5 (415 reviews) Write a Review!

Rami H.
  • Industry: Accounting

My files are totally secured using Symantec Endpoint Protection

Reviewed on 21/3/2021

The overall experience using Symantec Endpoint Protection is very good, And it keeps me feel safe and protected from all types of viruses threats.

Pros

I make a lot of work with different client who gives me the access to their data, Usually I save it to my laptop to work on it and I need to keep it safe and protected from huge amount of different type of viruses, I use Symantec Endpoint Protection since long time ago, And it keeps my files fully secured and protected while using the software.

Cons

Symantec Endpoint Protection is very easy to use for me, And there is no negative or weak points while using it.

Tércio Y.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

A fair anti-virus solution

Reviewed on 10/9/2020

It is a fair anti-virus solution. As an end-user, I've never experienced any issue nor received any notification about viruses or malware, which sounds a bit weird.

Pros

It is lightweight and does not affect the overall computer performance. It has a clean interface, and its definitions are constantly updated.

Cons

It does not have more advanced features like anti-phishing, anti-spam. Despite the clean user-interface, some configurations are hidden inside other configurations.

Yagneshkumar P.
  • Industry: Hospitality

Symantec Secure Software

Reviewed on 5/5/2018

The benefit i get from using Symantec is the peace of mind knowing my personal data is secure at all times, customer support is always ready to help whenever needed; Moreover, Symantec even scans any application that i download from the web, and makes it sure that is it safe before executing the install, that is a huge plus for me.

Pros

Symantec does a great job in terms of blocking viruses, malware, spyware, ads, and it is fast. I use it daily on my PC and as well as at my workplace. The security updates download automatically and daily in the background without bugging the user, I can scan a particular file or directory, i can schedule a scan anytime of my preference, also if a new updates has been installed and if it requires me to reboot my pc, i can choose a later time to perform that task Symantec is great in terms of security, i have a peace of mind when i use Symantec knowing i am safe when browsing the web. Next feature, is the quick customer support, Symantec customers reps are always available at any given time.

Cons

One of the downside of using Symantec is that it takes up a lot of system memory since the applications is always running in background. My RAM space on my PC is 8GB, when Symantec is running in the background it takes up-to 35-45 percent of my RAM, which then i do not have much left of to work with.

Josiah H.
  • Industry: Glass, Ceramics & Concrete

Sometimes makes sense

Reviewed on 15/1/2020

Look into whether or not your internet service provider offers this antivirus for free, if so, then it is completely worth it.

Pros

This software is often offered free when signed up with some internet services. When the software is free then it is my preferred antivirus. It has regular updates and keeps computers safe.

Cons

Most antiviruses are the same nowadays. I haven't had any issues with this antivirus blocking important programs otherwise causing more issues.

Alisha N.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

It allows us to protect all our endpoint devices.

Reviewed on 10/6/2020

Symantec is deployed throughout our company, it allows us to protect all our endpoint devices by preventing infections from Trojans, ramsonware and malware, it is very effective and allows us to maintain strict control of how the devices are used through a control panel and a security administrator who decides which devices can enter the network that devices do not, this includes USB sticks and any other type of external device.

Pros

It seems to me that it is a very effective software in what our company needs, we have to take care of data and infrastructure that is expensive, it helps to keep all the systems clean and have a control of compliance with computer security policies, it is easy to use and allows to schedule scans so as not to interfere with regular work.

Cons

I have no complaints, we have used this antivirus for years and are very satisfied with its performance.

Nancy A.
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Symantec Endpoint Protection Review

Reviewed on 6/2/2020

I have been pleased with the ability of the Symantec software to identify and prevent malware and unauthorized intrusions, as well as to alert me to potential issues. There is a cost associated with having this protection, but it is similar to competitors.

Pros

In today's internet based environment, a strong anti-malware, intrusion prevention and firewall software is a must. I have been pleased with the alerts provided by Symantec and have had no issues with malware or intrusions since I have had this tool installed on my PC.

Cons

I view computer security software tools similar to an insurance policy -- they are necessary because of the unpredictability of bad things happening. What I like least however, about Symantec or any similar tool, is that there is a somewhat significant cost to protect against this unpredictability.

Amber P.
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used Other for 2+ years

Barely Know It's There!

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

It has been great to have this software because my department does deal with customer data and credit card information.

Pros

Working as a subset of a university, we are used to being on lockdown in terms of our desktops and laptops. They added the Symantec to our new desktops about a year and a half ago, and I have to say, I like it a lot better than our previous firewall/virus software. It doesn't have all of the popups that interfere with your work, and my system doesn't seem to be bogged down by the software. It's doing its job and I don't even know it's there!

Cons

Honestly, I haven't had any issues from this software, from the user end of things. It has been very convenient and no problems.

Mohammed A.
  • Industry: Utilities

Symantec Endpoint protection review

Reviewed on 28/8/2019

Overall it is good, but needs more improvement to protect all 365 degree for the endpoints.

Pros

Easy and simply to use,
protect from most of the viruses,
updates daily schedule patches antivirus signatures
we have been using it since last 1.5 years

Cons

i would require separate antimalware software long side symantec.
to protect my end users form malwares. because it was not protecting against most of the dangerous malware.

Tim P.
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Does it's job well - but doesn't play well with Windows OS

Reviewed on 14/9/2018

All in all, Symantec Endpoint Protection offers impenetrable protection for end users. It's easy to deploy, simple to update, and it does it's job well. I just wish it didn't cause BSODs in our environment.

Pros

This software is fairly simple to deploy and update on multiple PCs, and is generally hassle-free in regards to everyday use. The different levels of protection have worked perfectly and it's essentially a "set it and forget it" type of program for our users.

Cons

This software doesn't seem to play well with Windows 7 OS - at least, not in our environment. I have constantly received BSODs that point to this program when we view the logs. We're running the most recent stable version and uninstalling/reinstalling seems to only postpone the inevitable blue screen.

Ilker Y.
  • Industry: Automotive

1ST BRAND OF COMPUTER PROTECTION

Reviewed on 13/6/2019

it is very good and detect every virus or threats ,it does not request too much update, we had some difficulties with the previous one and it has been requesting too much update and it is boring if you have urgent something to do. Getting Update is important for virus protection programs because hackers produce viruses continously

Pros

The updates comes frequently so the Symantec protection is keeping the latest and updated version of virus so I feel more comfortable when I enter untrusted web sites.

Cons

The program makes my computer a little bit slower ,this is the worst thing for symantec endpoint protection because I could compare the with installed symantec and without installation.I felt the computer is a little bit faster without symantec

Manny P.

My Favorite software

Reviewed on 6/2/2018

Great antivirus protection and a brand that I can trust. When it doubt this is always first on my list.

Pros

One of my favorites and I always say that I feel great knowing that it still keeps me protected. Simple network setup and easily deploy across the network.

Cons

A few years, I had to get away from this product because it was a mess, but they got back on board and corrected the problems and still is one of my favorite protection software.
They need to catch up with malware protection. I prefer that they leave the setup to easily be customized for technician's who don't want to install the firewall or data protection on their networks. This has always been a problematic software for many technicians.

Caleb D.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Annoying for got repositories

Reviewed on 30/6/2020

Pros

It is nice that the entire disk is protected. That way, if my laptop is stolen, I don’t have to worry about my companies confidential data getting in the wrong hands.

Cons

The software is super annoying with larger git repositories as it scans every single file. Git repositories often have thousands of files in hidden folders which Symantec uses a lot of resources to scan every single file. Whole security exceptions can be made, it is often hard to get exceptions granted within the company.

Frank E.

Great endpoint protection solution that will definitely keep you safe and secure

Reviewed on 10/7/2018

Pros

This software has a small footprint, has very low false positive notification and is particularly very effective protecting against malware using machine learning.
Another thing is that it's not intrusive. It works in the background and you usually don't know it's there.

Cons

One negative aspect of this software is the interface. It looks dated and definitely needs some improvements.
Another is the reporting as it seems limited and clunky when compared to that of rival products

• Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

High quality and reliable security software

Reviewed on 11/1/2021

Overall Symantec Endpoint Protection is a quality software. I would definitely recommend it to any team who is considering adding security to their web or mobile applications.

Pros

Having Symantec Endpoint Protection really gives me an ease of mind know that my endpoints are protected from attacks and viruses. Symantec has helped ensure that our systems are well protected and our software has never encountered any problems since using it.

Cons

I wish there was a bit more guides on exactly how things worked behind the scenes since security is such a complicated field. However I had never had a problem yet so I can't complain.

Arin H.
  • Industry: Program Development

A Feature-Rich Product That Is Easy To Manage With Good UI

Reviewed on 6/6/2019

Pros

Symantec Endpoint Protection is a very feature-rich product. We use its virus protection and firewall features. I like that you can have different firewall configurations according to your location (internet, office, vpn, etc.) It is easy to manage (at least as a user) with a good user interface and it seamlessly update the virus definitions.

Cons

When scanning the computer it uses a lot of the system resources.

Stuart E.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

The best protection program I've ever used

Reviewed on 31/12/2019

Symantec has given our company the peace of mind we've been looking for over the past few years with regards to system protection.

Pros

I've tried out several anti-virus programs and Symantec remains the best on the market. It's a clean user interface and easy to schedule scans on a regular basis.

Cons

Symantec is the most expensive protection program I've found, but it's also the best overall. It does slow down Outlook when loading up the program.

Kerianne D.

this software was required for university networked computers and were quite effective

Reviewed on 31/7/2018

Pros

This software successfully identified several issues that I had during my time in school. It effectively updated and ran background scans. As a free software, I would download it again. The user interface improved drastically over the years.

Cons

There were some issues with other software compatibility but eventually were worked through it. The complete scans were very cumbersome to run and files were analyzed quite slowly on my machine.

Jeffrey M.
  • Industry: Information Services
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Peace of mind and strong administration without need of administrators

Reviewed on 22/5/2018

Complete assurance of network monitoring

Pros

Peace of mind when running this kind of firewall for applications and networks. Simply set up rules once off and group users by domain , thereafter have assurance that every network endpoint is being monitored.

Cons

May be a little intrusive at times when there is an overlap of rules. Works on method of using least privileges . Once the correct skills are put in place though, it is a breeze to set up.

David R.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Great product! Keeps all of our company computers safe from various threats!

Reviewed on 11/7/2018

We get piece of mind knowing that our network and computers are always being protected!

Pros

The software is easy to install, configure and use. It has blocked 100% of the intrusion attempts into our network and has stopped all viruses in their tracks!

Cons

I really don't have any negative comments about this software other than it would be nice to have more detailed information on intrusion attempts such as the IP address the intrusion is coming from.

Waqas A.

Best Security Software for any organization

Reviewed on 16/1/2021

Overall it's a very good protection system in our office.

Pros

Price is low, easy to use. can be installed by anyone on their desktop, required knowledge to use it in the server environment. Schedule scans and auto quarantine.

Cons

Although it's easy to use a security system in your office, different users need different scan and quarantine settings which can only be set by a person of some experience on it.

Noufal T.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

easyily managed bussiness endpoint security

Reviewed on 19/9/2017

This is the most comprehensive centrally managed endpoint security solution for businesses. It includes a host-based intrusion protection system (HIPS), device control, anti-malware, a network IPS, and a software firewall. Client policy is almost infinitely tweakable from a central console—practical for large enterprises but a bit of overkill for the average small business.

Pros

easy to use and Comprehensive, centrally managed business endpoint security. Useful deployment wizard. Small install package. Effective anti-malware.

Cons

Remote management requires IE.Windows only. Client messages can be confusing. Learning how to configure can take time

Marlene L.
  • Industry: Wholesale

symantec endpoint protection user

Reviewed on 15/9/2020

Symantec Endpoint Protection is a very good program to have so your computer can be safe from any issue that arises.

Pros

This program keeps my computer safe by scanning it every morning. If there is a problem I will be notified

Cons

Sometimes this software will have multiple pop-ups if there is any issues and it comes in on top of any screen that I am using. Although, that is not a problem.

Trey D.

Worth every penny

Reviewed on 9/1/2019

Pros

This product has done a tremendous job for me for several years. The success I have had and the fact I have had no issues at all is what keeps me coming back. I use this on multiple devices.

Cons

If there are any problems that I can think of it would simply be the price. It's worth it because it has worked so well, but it's still tough to fork up the money.

Protection that you don't need to worry about

Reviewed on 6/5/2020

I used Symantec for over 10 years and I always felt safe while using it.

Pros

You can feel safe by using Symantec Endpoint Protection, it's easy to use and will pickup those nasty virus at the blink of an eye.

Cons

Like most anti virus softwares it's a little system heavy and may sometimes overprotect you by blocking things you don't want blocked.

Karen L.

This is great for a large office with a wide range of users.

Reviewed on 19/4/2018

In a crazy world it helps keep us safe.

Pros

This is a great product for our office because we have a wide range of users from those who feel very comfortable using a computer and those that honestly have no business on a computer.

Cons

For those in the office who either don't care or don't notice, the notification for an issue can be very subtle.