Symantec Endpoint Security Reviews

4.3/5
4.1/5

Fernando
Fernando

Traditional and trustful solution for corporative environments

Reviewed on 14/9/2018

It is my job partner, it protects me along my day without being disturbing. Rarely I see an advice for it or need to take a manual action, and it stills there, doing its good job. I recommend it, for sure!

Pros

In our company we use it for all the employees. Our IT department has full control over adjustments of all the installations. Employees don't need to worry about scheduled scannings, updatings, fine tunning or anything else. Its pre installed on all the machines and is there to protect, not to disturb. Its awesome!

Cons

What can be a pro in one hand, can also be a con in the other hand. The way it works on client machines, by being configured by IT department and not locally may cause some troubles. You just can't set an action different than quarantine a suspect object. But we all know that sometimes it can be a bad judgment from the antivirus side, like a driver for Android that I needed to install and it was classified as unknown source and therefore didn't allowed me to proceed with installation. At least an option to ignore the object could be better.

Brett
Brett
  • Industry: Design

LONG TIME Symantec user, and still on board.

Reviewed on 2/8/2018

Symantec has protected my customers for many years, and I use it in our company also. We've never experience a threat that wasn't, or couldn't be, isolated and removed or quarantined. It's been a very cost effective solution for our company paired with our hardware firewall.

Pros

It's very easy to install and administer, as either a stand alone endpoint installation or a managed client endpoint. Updates are automatic and the built in firewall is very effective. I've been using Symantec products since we replaced McCrappy throughout our entire organization (enterprise class healthcare organization with multiple hospitals and ambulatory care sites) and have rarely had anything get past it. Given the state of Ransomewear today however, I highly recommend connecting your endpoint AV to a cloud database for realtime and zero day scanning and remediation. Symantec one of the oldest players in the channel and still one of the best.

Cons

The one problem I've experienced using Symantec Endpoint Protection over the years is that from time to time (rarely and generally localized to a workstation) the local database gets corrupted somehow and a number of steps need to be followed to repair the software and get updates flowing again. Simply uninstalling and reinstalling does not do that trick. Past that, it's always been a great asset.

Jeff

Good virus protection but needs improvement in performance and malware protection

Reviewed on 21/3/2020

Classic and well working anti virus program with easy to deploy in business environment but still lacks protection again malwares and spywares. Performance enhancement may be needed to keep current clients and attract new users.

Pros

Well structured system including server side manager and workstation client deployment
Endpoint manager allows policy management in multiple areas including virus protection, firewall, exception and other areas. Client deployment has multiple options for server and clients as well as remote push or standalone packages.

Cons

Performance degradation is prominent when working with file based database engines like Visual Fox Pro . And protection against malwares and spywares are very limited at best. Compatibility with major programs are also concern. Latest version of endpoint client caused Chrome browser failure. Removal was required to make Chrome work again.

Brandon

Robust and Reliable Protection

Reviewed on 18/9/2023

Symantec Endpoint Security is a powerful and versatile solution for endpoint protection. Its robust threat defense and network visibility make it an excellent choice.

Pros

I like its robust threat protection, which includes defenses against malware, ransomware and zero-day attacks. I also appreciate Symantec's ability to provide protection for both on-premises and cloud systems, which gives us the flexibility we need. The EDR feature provides complete visibility and in-depth analysis of threats. Finally, the centralized management is very convenient, allowing us to control and monitor all endpoints on our network from one place.

Cons

Despite its strengths, Symantec Endpoint Security can be a bit complex to set up initially.

Finan

Amazing Computer Security Features

Reviewed on 29/1/2024

Pros

With this tool, we have the best computer security solution and we protect our systems from data breach thanks to data security features. It also serves as an anti virus and comes with data encryption features too.

Cons

With Symantec Endpoint Security, I have no complaints. It serves us well.

Jose

Heavy and bloated

Reviewed on 2/12/2022

Not good experience using Symantec, I would prefer a lighter solution.

Not good experience using Symantec, I would prefer a lighter solution.

Pros

I liked that the updates are very fast and the UI is nice. The firewall is quite agressive

Cons

I did not liked the program is heavy on computer resources, if you don't have a powerful computer it will slow you down.

Fatura
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Best Solution For Endpoint Protection and Management

Reviewed on 10/1/2024

Pros

I like the computer and cloud security features
The software comes with amazing encryption features
It keeps all our systems safe and secure.

Cons

With this product, I have experienced zero challenges

Boniface
  • Industry: Writing & Editing

A Thorough Endpoint Security Solution For Business

Reviewed on 26/10/2023

Well, we have used Symantec Endpoint Security successfully to secure our computers against online threats. It is also a great software for encryption

Pros

I like the computer security featuresI like the threat auditing and reporting capabilitiesIt comes with some great endpoint management features as well well as cloud security features

Cons

With Symantec Endpoint Security, there hasn't been major challenges as it works as it should. However, updates takes time to be available for downloads

Samuel

Symantec Endpoint Security - Offers Best Security Features

Reviewed on 1/11/2023

Symantec Endpoint Security has worked like magic when it comes to securing our computer systems

Pros

It makes business endpoint protection easy and at the same time, it offers leading features for computer security
I like the encryption capabilities
The software comes with amazing cloud security features

Cons

We have used Symantec Endpoint Security for quite sometime and I mist say it is flawless. It is well equipped

• Industry: Media Production

Saver and esier

Reviewed on 28/11/2023

Great software with easy manage and the prize the more friendly

Great software with easy manage and the prize the more friendly

Pros

The most i like from Symantec Endpoint Security is esier to manage and low memory usage

Cons

What i least like is when we want to buy the license, we must buy minimal 10 license

Symantec Endpoint Protections - guards critical data safely

Reviewed on 17/4/2019

We are working in a health care sector which resides lot of critical and personal data. Data security is our main concern, Symantec endpoint protection provides us with the end to end security of files and customer data. it is installed in all the employees laptop and installation an configuration is easy, Automatic updates makes life simpler. The end user doesn't have impact on the scans being run on the system, occasional rebooting of system is required when any updated are done to the system. Overall a very good antivirus and Malware detection and kill software used in most of the high level corporate companies.

Pros

1. Compatible with all versions of Windows and Mac OS.
2. We use the cloud version of the software,Email notifications and logs about malware and virus detection are cool features.
3. Updates are automatic, we used to do it manually .
4. Build in firewall function is very effective as we get data from many sources.
5. Scans are even done on the applications being downloaded from web which ensures 100% safety.
6. Easy to scale up ad down based on the number of devices.
7. Proactive threat protection option is very useful.
8. The weekly and monthly scan reports can be scheduled and automated and the logs are very descriptive.
9. The interaction with the end user is very minimal and doesn't create any pop ups unnecessarily.

Cons

1. Annual renewal fee is little higher compared to other vendors.
2. Around 30 to 40% of the CPU resources are consumed during the scan process.
3.The laptop becomes slow while accessing files and data.

Wakkas
  • Industry: Information Services

Symantec Antivirus for End Users

Reviewed on 1/2/2023

It was great to working on Symantec Antivirus.

It was great to working on Symantec Antivirus.

Pros

Its easy to operate and We can handle it without much training.

Cons

Technical Support is taking long time to resolve the issue.

BlackBerry CylancePROTECT

Reasons for Choosing Symantec Endpoint Security

Because of Pricing.

Reasons for Switching to Symantec Endpoint Security

It was good in terms of Price and features.
Justin
  • Industry: Higher Education

Symantec Endpoint Provides Fantastic Computer Protection 24-hours a day

Reviewed on 22/8/2019

Symantec Endpoint has protected our thousands of PCs from virus threats and malware too many times to count. Overall, our organization has been very pleased with protection coverage that Symantec is giving us.

Pros

There are a lot of reasons to like Symantec Endpoint, but the reason our company chose this product is because of the broad scope of coverage from viruses, malware, and constant monitoring of our data centers.

Cons

Our company employs thousands of staff and so we knew going in that this software would not be an inexpensive software acquisition. The initial proposal was outside of our price range but after some difficult conversations and negotiations with the Symantec sales team we were able to find a product and price that suited us.

Masturah
Masturah
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Very effective endpoint protection software

Reviewed on 3/8/2021

Pros

Symantec Endpoint Security has been implemented on my workstation since forever, and it has working great in protecting my computer from any unwanted intruder or malicious program. It will constantly checking and scanning my files for any hidden threat.

Cons

Everything is working perfectly, unless if some of my legit files is tagged to be quarantine by this software. I will have to contacting my IT personnel and ask them to UN-quarantine those files and convincing them that it is a legit files, not a malicious program.

Mark

Affordable business protection

Reviewed on 5/5/2020

Works well, I would suggest giving it a try and determine for yourself, with these solutions feel its really a matter of personal preference sometimes.

Pros

It came with some of the new machines we were buying so we decided to actually give it a try and not give up too quickly and put some of the other solutions on we are more focused to use. It ended up working well for the time we used it.

Cons

Some other services out there that I feel allow you to do and it does a whole lot more. After trying other solutions carried on using them instead.

Marsha

Reviewed on 6/12/2017

Pros

Symantec Endpoint Protection has been positive and we are using the product to protect entire users. Symantec Endpoint Security protects our data in the event the laptop is stolen which was very good. It also sends updates on the product which keeps us current, the ability to track each users and ensure that they have the product installed. The option to update to the latest version, the annual renewal is timely by Symantec. We also really appreciate you team that supports us and visit our office periodically to check up on us and other Symantec products we have in our organization.

Cons

Symantec Endpoint Security protects our data in the event the laptop is stolen which was very good however at times it causes the laptop to be a little slow in accessing files and data. It also sends updates on the product which keeps us current but we have to download the updates and send it to each user. The fact that the renewal was doubled for 2017 from what we paid in 2016,

Çağrı
Çağrı
  • Industry: Automotive

Great And Realible Software To Eliminate Viruses

Reviewed on 18/2/2020

I have been using Symantec End Protection software for 8 years in total. I had some experience with other Virus Protection Softwares like Kaspersky and I can it is best product I have seen so far.Symantec has never disappointed me and never failed to my expectations. We haven't recognized any performance loss even we exposed some virus attacks .Symantec software working as shield to proctect your computer . In addition to this it gives customers effectiveness and productivty in detecting viruses and defending your computer .

Pros

What I like most about the Symantec is offering shield mechanism which protect my computer from different types of viruses. Addition to this it does not harm your computer procesesor and you never feel any performance degradation problem

Cons

I have experienced some problems regarding old version programs on my computer which I installed many years ago.Symantec struggle to complete authentication of older programs. Additon to this I have never recieved any virus search report after scan of my computer

• Industry: Banking

Good for Protection

Reviewed on 27/9/2019

Symantec product is good for Endpoint Protection. Customer support is perfect. Also, it is worth for the money you give.

Pros

Creating and publishing policies are very easy. Management tool is understandable. Installing client PCs take very short time. Client can update the policy by click "update policy".

Cons

It produces many false positive alarms. It consumes %2 of CPU (I7 MacBook Pro) and 1 GB of memory. Policy update can be only get in internal network.

Rob

Symantec Antivirus - Easy to deploy and Manage - Not effective against modern threats

Reviewed on 24/5/2022

While we liked the software from a management perspective the changes in licensing made it feel like they no longer valued as a customer. That combined with software that was not getting updated to handle modern threats have us moving to other software.

Pros

The software was very easy to deploy, the updates of versions and definitions were handled by the software automatically and it was very hands off. The console is easy to use and mostly intuitive.

Cons

We would sometimes need to use a special tool to remove the software when there would be issues with it and that could be time consuming. The licensing constantly was being changed and that caused several disruptions in our business process. The product has become less useful overtime as security threats have become less "virus" and "malware" and more software exploits and escalation of privledges.

Jenée
Jenée
  • Industry: Research

Suited for Large companies

Reviewed on 19/2/2020

Overall my experience with Symantec has been OK for use on my home computer. It may be better for use on a larger scale of companies but it can be used at home.

Pros

The Symantec Endpoint Protection is a well known security system to protect your computer from malware and viruses.I have used several different anti-virus systems for my computer and the Symantec has worked really well. It is good at stopping questionable programs from running or downloading on your computer that may seem untrustworthy. It also gives previews to sites showing questionable and unsafe sites. It also prompts you every time an upgrade is needed.

Cons

when the software has lapsed, or close to expiry it tends to be a hassle to get it renewed. It is better to be used in a large company scale since i use it on my home computer and can be a hassle when renewing.

Nancy
  • Industry: Banking
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Symantec Endpoint Protection Review

Reviewed on 6/2/2020

I have been pleased with the ability of the Symantec software to identify and prevent malware and unauthorized intrusions, as well as to alert me to potential issues. There is a cost associated with having this protection, but it is similar to competitors.

Pros

In today's internet based environment, a strong anti-malware, intrusion prevention and firewall software is a must. I have been pleased with the alerts provided by Symantec and have had no issues with malware or intrusions since I have had this tool installed on my PC.

Cons

I view computer security software tools similar to an insurance policy -- they are necessary because of the unpredictability of bad things happening. What I like least however, about Symantec or any similar tool, is that there is a somewhat significant cost to protect against this unpredictability.

Amber
Amber
  • Industry: Entertainment
  • Used for 2+ years

Barely Know It's There!

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

It has been great to have this software because my department does deal with customer data and credit card information.

Pros

Working as a subset of a university, we are used to being on lockdown in terms of our desktops and laptops. They added the Symantec to our new desktops about a year and a half ago, and I have to say, I like it a lot better than our previous firewall/virus software. It doesn't have all of the popups that interfere with your work, and my system doesn't seem to be bogged down by the software. It's doing its job and I don't even know it's there!

Cons

Honestly, I haven't had any issues from this software, from the user end of things. It has been very convenient and no problems.

Tim
Tim
  • Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Does it's job well - but doesn't play well with Windows OS

Reviewed on 14/9/2018

All in all, Symantec Endpoint Protection offers impenetrable protection for end users. It's easy to deploy, simple to update, and it does it's job well. I just wish it didn't cause BSODs in our environment.

Pros

This software is fairly simple to deploy and update on multiple PCs, and is generally hassle-free in regards to everyday use. The different levels of protection have worked perfectly and it's essentially a "set it and forget it" type of program for our users.

Cons

This software doesn't seem to play well with Windows 7 OS - at least, not in our environment. I have constantly received BSODs that point to this program when we view the logs. We're running the most recent stable version and uninstalling/reinstalling seems to only postpone the inevitable blue screen.

Manny
Manny

My Favorite software

Reviewed on 6/2/2018

Great antivirus protection and a brand that I can trust. When it doubt this is always first on my list.

Pros

One of my favorites and I always say that I feel great knowing that it still keeps me protected. Simple network setup and easily deploy across the network.

Cons

A few years, I had to get away from this product because it was a mess, but they got back on board and corrected the problems and still is one of my favorite protection software.
They need to catch up with malware protection. I prefer that they leave the setup to easily be customized for technician's who don't want to install the firewall or data protection on their networks. This has always been a problematic software for many technicians.

rahul
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

SEP groomed product for end point protection

Reviewed on 18/7/2019

Pros

Protection features
IPS
granularity of control
Customisation
backward compatibility

Cons

expensive to maintain and upgrade
lack report feature