Campaign Monitor by Marigold Reviews

Campaign Monitor by Marigold

Write a Review!
Cross-channel marketing made simple and stress-free

4.4/5
4.3/5
4.5/5
4.5/5

Masturah
Masturah
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Very easy to use as a email service

Reviewed on 14/8/2021

Pros

Campaign Monitor is one of the very effective email marketing software that can be used even for a newcomer that has never use this kind of this software before. It can be configure to sent multiple type of email marketing to find the winning email for that set of audience list.

Cons

It lacks of tools to customized the email body, and not much design that we can create for our email marketing. We can only choose from the template design that provided by the software and not all the template design is fit with the email objective. I really hope they can add more design for the template.

James
  • Used for 1+ year

Great for agencies

Reviewed on 12/8/2019

Pros

We used Campaign Monitor for many years with multiple clients and it worked really well. Segmentation of clients was easy and setting new ones up was all self-initiated​, no need to contact support. List management​ was a breeze as well as segmentation. Campaign creation was also easy, we never used the drag and drop editor​ as we crated bespoke HTML emails ourselves.

Cons

The reason why we chose to move away from CM was the segmentation was slightly limiting for us. We basically needed to segment based on relative dates, i.e from now until 3 months ago. This could only be achieved by entering exact dates, which you would need to change on a​ daily basis if using for automation purposes. If that doesn't bother you I would recommend using CM.

Reasons for Switching to Campaign Monitor by Marigold

The agency aspect was enticing as well as the self-management process meaning we weren't paying overheads for account managers.
Desirae
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Reviewed on 25/7/2018

If you are a few mailings a month to a few lists or segments of contacts, then this should work fine for you. If you have thousands of contacts that you need to reach in marketing campaigns several times a week with contact options to opt out of one or more segments while still being a part of the master list, look elsewhere.

Pros

Some pros for this app are the price point, campaign statistics reporting and integration with Salesforce.

Cons

This app appears to be geared towards smaller organizations that do not have a technical staff on board to manage the marketing. It has been so watered down to be user friendly that it not very robust or customizable. It does have a Salesforce connector to track some campaign data in Salesforce. The volume of data that often gets tracked, while important to companies, eats up Salesforce data storage very quickly. If you are not careful with how you manage lists and segments, costs can quickly creep up and become overwhelming.

Easy to uses, integrates with popular tools

Reviewed on 26/3/2024

Pros

Creating and launching campaigns can be done fast. If you need to launch multiple campaigns, notifications, comms... using templates and uploading databases it's a smooth process. If you are familiar with other email marketing tools, even the simplest tools, you can learn Campaign Monitor overnight.

Cons

Integrates with popular tools but if you are using something else, be ready to manage and update your database manually (unless you have a dedicated IT team). Nothing wrong with this, that's how it is but be mindful to check the integration list before getting the tool.

Jon
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Reviewed on 2/10/2019

This like many other Email companies can be as successful​ as you want if you are willing to put the time and effort into it. The great thing with this is the Price is very competitive and it offers a bit more than the others.

Pros

Campaign Monitor recently bought Conversio Emails. The price is very competitive for all the things it offers. Email campaigns, reviews, pop-ups, newsletters​, Abandon Cart functions. I have sent out multiple individual newsletters and abandon carts with success rates.

Cons

The Workflow function on the site was a little hard to set up and its why I do not send more out. When I turned it on it sent an email to every single person on my list.... when I just wanted it to send one to the new subscribers from that time forward.

Thomas

Creating and testing a email campaign is so efficient !

Reviewed on 30/8/2022

I use Campaign monitor to import my emails then test them. Once the rendering is good for me, i can send it to my mailing lists.

Pros

Importing an email is really easy and having the preview is good too ! The assistant is a good tool, helping to improve the code / rendering of the email.

Cons

Mobile preview of the email doesn't see to work on my browser (Brave), looks like it's not reading my media queries.

Sender and Mailchimp

Reasons for Switching to Campaign Monitor by Marigold

I like how fast i can create and test a campaign compared to alternative.
Ryan
  • Industry: Warehousing

Selling e-Mail Marketing

Reviewed on 2/4/2020

Support has been great when needed. Our emails are going out without being blocked and we are getting great information back on tracking for each email campaign we setup.

Pros

Not only is this platform very easy to use to create and build email newsletters and support emails it gives you the ability to white label and brand the software to sell as a service to your current clients. Adding revenue to support your sales and marketing clients through email marketing.

Cons

The template designer which is very easy to use and has quality templates is lacking in the customization aspect the designs are. How ever you can code and upload your own email designs.

Allison
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees
  • Used for 1-5 months

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

We purchased Campaign Monitor to send personalized, relevant, and timely emails to our audience. Our contacts at CM worked hard to ensure that this was the right fit for us and our needs.

Pros

Campaign Monitor has a lot of personalization options (conditional text, incorporating multiple data sources) that put you in control of your program.

Cons

Because we were a smaller client for CM, but had a lot of security and legal requirements, our sales process took quite a while (around six months).

Reasons for Choosing Campaign Monitor by Marigold

Aurea is in the process of deprecating Lyris - no additional upgrades were planned for the next two years.

Reasons for Switching to Campaign Monitor by Marigold

Campaign Monitor had the features we needed for the best price.
Imran
Imran

Effective Email Marketing Solution - A Review of Campaign Monitor

Reviewed on 30/3/2023

Overall, I found that Campaign Monitor is a user-friendly email marketing platform that offers effective automation features, such as personalized journeys and triggered emails. However, I did find that the pricing was higher compared to other options, and I wished there were more customization options for the email templates.

Pros

I love using Campaign Monitor's drag-and-drop email builder! It's so easy to use, and I can create visually appealing emails without any coding skills. Plus, the advanced automation features are a game-changer. I can send targeted messages to my subscribers based on their behavior, improving engagement and conversion rates. It's like having a personal assistant for my email campaigns!

Cons

I find that Campaign Monitor's pricing can be a bit high compared to other email marketing solutions. Additionally, I wish the platform had more customization options for email templates.

ConvertKit, Klaviyo and AWeber

Constant Contact
Annie Guo
Annie Guo
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Similar to other e-mail marketing platforms but not as pretty

Reviewed on 16/8/2021

Recently, our subscriber list grew to over 10,000 so we had to increase into the next payment plan. I believe the costs are reasonable as we use Campaing Monitor on more than 10 different projects for the company.

Pros

Campaign Monitor is easy to use to create emails to send to a list of subscribers. What I like the most about the software is the ability to duplicate a previous email campaign so you don't have to recreate all of the content (e.g. you may have a monthly newsletter with the same banner/image or social media buttons). This option makes it easy to send out regular information without completely reformatting the content.

Cons

Campaign Monitor is similar to other platforms such as MailChimp and Constant Contact, but I think it is not as aesethically pleasing or quirky with the language it uses. Some of its functions are more limited, such as formating boxes or resizing photos. Often you just have to work with the formatting you are given and can't expect it to have the best design.

Constant Contact and Mailchimp
Sam
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Rock solid email marketing solution

Reviewed on 11/12/2022

Campaign Monitor is the cornerstone of our email marketing and it has never let us down.

Pros

Campaign Monitor is our go-to for email marketing. List management, unsubscribe settings, segmentation, and some basic automation. It doesn't try to be all things to all users - it does a few things very well and it is consistently good.Customer service is good too, the consultants will do their best to get to the bottom of most issues.

Cons

The native email builder is lacklustre and several steps behind other solutions. When competing against Mailchimp or any one of a number of online HTML email builders, there is no comparison - Campaign Monitor's builder lacks a significant number of features that we consider a minimum these days (e.g. row/column management, saved/global rows, divider styles, etc).

Constant Contact and Mailchimp

Better list management options
Douglas

Great Product, Great Support, Definitely Better than Others We have Tried

Reviewed on 9/9/2016

After over twelve hours attempting to log on, pay for, and conduct a REPEAT newsletter/emailout with one of its competitors, GetResponse, I had to look elsewhere, because their system was rejecting our email list, because it "looked" to GetResponse's totalitarian software as "very similar to another list on its server"---OF COURSE IT LOOKED SIMILAR---We had used their service twice in the past year---with admittedly a few "hiccups", but we had got those emails out. Their service refused to let us log in, or pay for, or reactivate our old account, so we had to create a new one---and that's likely one factor that led to the total failure of their organization to provide the slightest bit of genuine service to us yesterday.

Shortly before midnight, I tried competitor "RedCappi", but after I edited an outgoing email address, it looked as if they might delay sending the test emails, so while waiting to see how long that delay might be, I set up a "Campaign Monitor" account, and proceeded with the same process (our newsletter html was "ready to go"---having been produced by the IT guru at our factory overseas). Despite a good half-hour lead, the RedCappi test emailouts took over an hour and a half to arrive, versus maybe less than a minute with Campaign Monitor.

I was sold---uploaded all 4800 or so email addresses to Campaign Monitor without a hitch, and Campaign Monitor clearly pointed out a few dozen "oops" emails I had mis-formatted, and I was able to fix all and add them back into the emailout effortlessly.

When I wanted to send to the total list, instead of to four test email addresses, I found a helpful FAQ on the Campaign Monitor site which clearly walked me through how to resend to new subscribers---a vast difference from having to "Chat" on three separate occasions with the GetResponse team to help me with their less-user-friendly system (EVEN THOUGH I HAD USED GetResponse TWICE PREVIOUSLY)!

Pros

Hard question to answer---Sorry, I have to say "EVERYTHING"! Worked well, priced me in cheaper local currency, fast sendout, very helpful tips on mis-formatted emails, phenomenal customer support, no login or password struggles...the list goes on (a double-entendre).

Cons

Unsubscribe "Tag" added at the bottom of our emails was in a different font from the bottom portion of our emailout/newsletter---a minor point.

Christopher
Christopher

It just works !

Reviewed on 30/6/2017

Pros

Clear, clutter-free interface with the right tools for the job, everything is made to concentrate on your emailmarketing objectives and not how to use the tool :)
I've been using CM for close to 10 years and have witnessed their progressive and intelligent implementations : nothing is added that you won't *really* need and once it's added it's especially intuitive.
Add to that Campaign Monitor's daily tips, blog posts, ressources and especially their outstanding client support : you just can't go wrong.

Cons

Hard to fin anything really, maybe certain ways of implementing behavioral segments but then again maybe it's my Marketing objectives that aren't clear enough...

Bill Laurel
Bill Laurel

Good product

Reviewed on 22/3/2023

Pros

Campaign monitor is an incredibly useful platform for sending out bulk emails quickly and conveniently. It features a spell checker, the ability to create custom templates, the option to send test emails, and powerful analytics.

Cons

I have no complaints about the program - it's excellent! However, we had to settle for a different software option due to cost.

Abdul Hakim
Abdul Hakim
  • Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Campaign Monitor review

Reviewed on 2/8/2023

Pros

I am extremely thankful for the straightforward yet effective interface supplied by Campaign Monitor, through which we can conveniently set up custom campaigns and record performance metrics. Furthermore, the customer service provision, including the option for customized support plans, is incredibly beneficial and guarantees any difficulties can be fixed quickly.

Cons

Nothing. Campaign Monitor is an excellent platform for creating and managing effective email campaigns.

Easy to use with basic functionality

Reviewed on 13/1/2022

Pros

We've been using Campaign Monitor to send transactional and newsletter emails for over 7 years without any issues. Once things area set up, it's very easy to use.

Cons

It gets relatively expensive once your list size grows past a couple hundred thousand subscribers. Modern competitors (like Klaviyo) include the same basic functionality for similar price or cheaper, and then also include tons of additional features like abandoned shopping carts, realtime website integration for better segmentation, etc.

Alicia
  • Industry: Luxury Goods & Jewelry

Reliable Email Marketing Tool

Reviewed on 6/1/2023

Overall this is an easy-to-use campaign manager and has many tools that help you with automation. I think this is my favorite email marketing software available that I have tried.

Pros

API is easy to interact with and set up. It integrates well with WordPress, google analytics, salesforce, and Unbounce which was helpful for what I needed. It has fairly good customer service as well which makes me feel confident using the service.

Cons

There were some limitations and delays with the setup, which put me back a couple of days but now that it is set up it is easy to use.

Great mid-level email marketing tool

Reviewed on 7/5/2019

Pros

Very easy to set up triggers and actions. You can get going in Campaign Monitor very quickly. Setting up email sequences based on complex user activities is a breeze. The live reporting feature...with a globe pinpointing exactly where the recipients of your email are opening your email...is super cool and valuable from a geo-marketing point of view. Basic personalization and transactional capabilities are decent as well.

Cons

The support was not the best. Hit and miss. Sometimes they answered questions/resolved issues in almost real-time...but other times it can take them up to 48 hours to get back to you.

• Industry: Insurance

campaign monitor for email marketing

Reviewed on 17/6/2020

Managing your email marketing campaigns can be very hard if you don't have the right tools. We have alot of target mails we have to constantly engage meaningful content with, that is why we use campaign monitor to make the work more efficient. It integrates well with most CRM platforms including the one we use.

Pros

The templates helps with customisation for different kinds of customers. Its easy to use in most cases

Cons

Campaign monitor is on the expensive side, there are other tools that can offer similar results at less price.

Mailjet
Brendan

Campaign Monitor makes email marketing easy with it's easy to use interface and a ton of...

Reviewed on 12/2/2018

The biggest benefit was that I was able to get up to speed and learn the software quickly. It wasn't overwhelming and I felt like I could build great looking emails right away.

Pros

I like that it enables you to create great looking email without any prior experience or knowledge coding or building emails. They have a drag and drop email builder that allows you to quickly create beautiful, responsive, mobile-friendly emails in an easy to use interface. Their marketing automation features are also much easier to learn than some of their competitors.

Cons

For advanced email marketers with coding and development knowledge, Campaign Monitor is a little too simple. It really is geared to marketers who don't have a lot of development knowledge and lacks some of the features of Salesforce's Marketing Cloud.

Tim

Campaign Monitor Email Marketing Platform

Reviewed on 28/1/2022

Overall experience with campaign monitor is very good.

Overall experience with campaign monitor is very good.

Pros

What I like most about Campaign Monitor is it's ease of use. Very easy to put together emails to go out to our data base.

Cons

Some time we have issues with Campaign Monitor because it freezes and you have to start over. Just make sure you save alot while working on a campaign.

Good email tool

Reviewed on 29/7/2019

Pros

The import function is pretty cool. Simply paste a list into a form and it figures it out by itself.

Cons

The workflow is not always intuitive. More choices should be available at any given time.

Reasons for Choosing Campaign Monitor by Marigold

ExactTarget was really horrible.
Kris

An expansive email marketing tool.

Reviewed on 28/6/2018

Pros

Campaign Monitor is a full-featured, high-quality email marketing tool. My business has found success using this tool for both internal and external audiences. I find the greatest value in the analytics features of the tool. This helps my marketing team use data to plan directed communications to employees and customers.

Cons

The customer service is non-transparent. Campaign Monitor makes many attempts to defer your help requests through pages of FAQs and making it difficult to find their email contact form. It looks like they have a call-in line for premium pay customers, however I did not have any issues I needed to contact them for while I had the premium account.

Brayan Agostinho
Brayan Agostinho
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

very good email marketing application easy and convenient to use with many essential tools

Reviewed on 11/5/2018

Pros

If you want to highlight a good email so that your clients do not miss it, Campaign Monitor is ideal.
Campaign Monitor provides us with a large number of essential tools for an email marketing job.
It provides us with a large number of templates and a good form of easy and comfortable editing to create and develop beautiful web designs.
allows us to manage and take control to send emails. perfect for advertising campaigns with a marketing contact organization.
It also includes a tool that keeps us informed in real time and details about who opened the emails and who shared it.
a copañia very attentive to its users. offers us 24/7 attention

Cons

Campaign Monitor only offers us a free demo. I think you should give a free trial of your service for a limited time to get more customers and see everything that this application offers.
I think this application should be developed in more languages to keep growing

• Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Campaign Monitor Review

Reviewed on 25/8/2023

Pros

It’s straightforward to set up with templates and manage email lists. The automation feature is key for us.

Cons

The product somehow feels less intuitive than others I have used in the past.