Adaptive Planning

Enterprise planning software for agile budgeting & reporting

4.5 /5 (171 reviews) Write a Review!

Ben B.

Great Product

Reviewed on 15/9/2016

We are going into our third budget cycle using Adaptive and it has made our process much more efficient. Prior to using Adaptive we played budget ping pong, bouncing spreadsheets back and forth and then once we landed on a final version the Finance team consolidated the numbers. Adaptive is great because you can see the impact of a change to the consolidated budget in real time. This is a great software for the Finance team as well as the budget / business managers.

Pros

There are many great features including: audit trails, notes, role permissions and security, the ability to quickly create versions, great technical support, and it’s cloud based.

Cons

There is a report builder in Adaptive and it’s easy to use. However, I do feel like they have focused on making improvements in other areas and the reporting hasn’t made as much progress. I do think this is one area that could use some improvements.

Jonny L.

An FP&A Dream Tool

Reviewed on 8/7/2020

I will always recommend Adaptive to FP&A professionals. Once you use it and truly understand it, I'm sure you will do the same. There is little wonder why they are a leader in the SaaS space.

Pros

A cloud-based tool that enables you to forecast and budget different scenarios. OfficeConnect (an add-on feature) allows you to create reports directly in Excel and increases overall team efficiency.

Cons

Setting up Adaptive Insights is a crucial, timely, and difficult process. However, the time you put into building your instance initially saves time and pays dividends in the future.

Lauren S.

Direct Integration with netsuite

Reviewed on 27/2/2018

Pros

- direct integration with netsuite
-ease of use once established
-maintains various types of data including personnel information and financial reporting

Cons

- inability to run reporting on one entity (only runs in consolidation)
- inability to modify reports without creating a new report
- functionality to drill into detail is hit or miss

Robert S.

Adaptive provides meaningful insight into our financial data!

Reviewed on 1/3/2016

Using Adaptive is a great experience! It's easy to learn, and once you try it, you will love it. I can forecast monthly , quarterly or whenever I like. Because my operational metrics, which drive our revenues and expenses, are also in Adaptive, I feel we get closer to our actual's each month. We have simplified our monthly reporting process from 6 days, to about an hour and a half. That extra time can be used to analyze the data, which is much more rewarding than ticking and tying numbers to a report. Our dashboard is solid and tells a story for our leaders. I love it!

Pros

Speed (refreshing and processing)
Automatic load of our financial data using a connector
Office Connect - an excel add in that allows me to run my financials in an instant
Adaptive Insights support personnel are amazing! I get a call back very quickly if I have a problem, and I don't feel like I'm being rushed when I ask other questions

Cons

The sheets, which display our data across time, would be fantastic if I could add a YTD column anywhere I like.

I would like to see my sheets display some simple graphs, which would allow me to display trends pictorially while reviewing with my customers.

Jonathan L.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Powerful software, makes life easier, business insights more accessible

Reviewed on 7/11/2016

I have previous experience using Hyperion, Peoplesoft, and Microsoft Excel to create and maintain financial models. As flexible as regular spreadsheets are, it was always hard to get everybody on the same page, referencing the same numbers, using the same version. I have been using Adaptive Planning for about 1.5 years now, with about 1 year as a systems administrator for the product. FP&A has truly become simplified. This tool has saved hours upon hours every month, as well improved accuracy and timeliness of reports. This allows us to function better as a business unit, and make more proactive models and decisions. My one gripe with Adaptive is their customer support. I have had a hard time getting several issues resolved in a timely manner. Nonetheless, I would highly recommend Adaptive to anybody stuck in "spreadsheet land"--there really is a better way.

Pros

One source for all models and reported numbers. Interconnected data makes it easy to see the full effect of any changes, large or small.

Cons

Customer support needs to work on responsiveness.

Matthew G.

Easy-to-use, finance owned, superior to Excel. This must be reviewed.

Reviewed on 15/8/2016

Pros

It is easy-to-use so we don't need any expensive technical people to maintain it. Our management and finance team own the entire solution. It is also very scalable from small organisations to large multinational multi-billion dollar revenue organisations. Scalable in the context of - price, performance, functionality and integration.

Cons

A few months ago I would have said the reliance on Java, but that has now been removed. It's happy days for us Adaptive customers.

Sean N.

Proactivity over Reactivity

Reviewed on 1/11/2016

Our initial implementation was rough. Our 3rd party consultant tried to fit our unique companies into their cookie-cutter implementation package and it didn't work out. Since rebuilding on our own, we have a model that works well for our family of companies and we are able to continually improve in conjunction with frequent Adaptive Suite upgrades and continued learning.

Pros

Ease of use, customer service.

Cons

Web reporting

David D.

Easy collaboration while building out the year's model was key to improving our efficiency.

Reviewed on 19/5/2017

Faster build and modify time of my model. Easier buy in from contributors to the model because they had access to build their part directly in the system.

Pros

Easy to gather, audit, and lock down inputs from key contributors. It was also very easy to create multiple versions and scenarios.

Cons

Struggled a little to get it to connect the way we wanted with our ERP, but that had to do with both sides. Not just Adaptive. It also does take a little time to understand how to build things out.

Sandy A.
  • Industry: Insurance
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Adaptive is a must-have for any FP&A department!

Reviewed on 9/5/2017

FP&A responsibilities - specifically budgeting and forecasting but also building out models and creating new versions for our analysts to use.

Pros

It has made our budgeting and forecasting process much better. We save so much time with our forecasts, which allow us to spend more time updating them meaningfully every month.

Cons

I would love to see Adaptive connect with Salesforce behind the scenes. At the moment we have to reconcile the variances between the two manually monthly.

Melanie T.

Good basic functionality for financial planning & reporting

Reviewed on 18/7/2017

Pros

Pros: ease of use in that the software is cloud-based. It was also relatively easy to implement with approximately 50 users. Good customer support.

Cons

Cons: sometimes pages take too long to load, which is frustrating to users. But otherwise there are few complaints.

Maria R.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

If you are looking to move away from spreadsheets and have one source for your financial data...

Reviewed on 10/2/2018

Pros

It has all the features you would expect in your financial tool and they are constantly upgrading and adding addiitonal features. Customer support has been excellent and they actually seem to care about their customers.

Cons

Reporting functionality within the system could be enhanced. The native reporting is not that easy to use, would prefer better canned reporting functionality.

Manny P.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Great Analysis

Reviewed on 6/11/2018

It's a great tool and it's meeting a lot of our deadlines for forcecasting. Saving valuable time and dollars.

Pros

software is very productive for forecasting and doing deep financial

Cons

Learning curve, it's not that easy to learn and you have to get used to the product. Can be more user-friendly and there can be more improvements.
can be expensive for some users.

Robert S.

Adaptive Discovery - A picture paints a thousand words!

Reviewed on 12/8/2014

Adaptive Discovery is changing the way we communicate finances to our leadership. They have traditionally received their monthly reports containing scads of numbers. I could see their eye's glaze over at times and they often asked, "so is this good or bad", or, how does this compare with such and such a month, or how does this number compare across the other stores? Now, they have a visual representation which they can drill into and can see trends developing before their eyes. They can see at a glance if something is outside a control limit, needing their attention, or can see at a glance if things are within guidelines or reaching goals we have set. I would love to be able to be able to zoom in when differences are small by changing the scale settings on the axis'. I love this product! It is making my life easier!

Jason T.

We use adaptive for budgeting, forecasting, scenario analysis and variance analysis

Reviewed on 1/3/2016

I use adaptive planning for corporate budgeting and long term forecasting. It is a great tool that is very flexible. Being able to build the financial model in a collaborative, team based manner instead of in numerous different excel models is a much better process.

Positives include version comparison for easy variance analysis; Adaptive office connect is a very useful excel based reporting tool; Flexible system based planning and scenario analysis accelerates planning cycles and reduces data integrity issues

Version protection is sometimes an issue especially if you have plan data that is linked to prior periods via formulas. Also on modeled sheets some components and formulas are not version specific, which would be beneficial.

Nilesh K.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

Review of Adaptive Insights

Reviewed on 4/11/2016

Adaptive Insights is very scalable and very easy to use. Customization is very easy and easy to build reports. You can design whatever you imagine and without IT help. The what-if scenarios capability is one of its major strengths.

Pros

Very easy to use and update.
The flexibility is amazing

Cons

The multi-currency functionality needs some improvement.

Bryan T.

Information at your fingertips

Reviewed on 4/12/2015

Adaptive Discovery is a great way to share summary information in a format that people want to see. The Discovery tool in Adaptive allows users to create professional looking charts, graphs, data, gauges, etc. in a Dashboard view to get real time access to the key information that they need. Discovery is a good looking way to share high level information with users while providing them the access to customize their own dashboard and drill down to more detailed information stored in Adaptive. We have done some training and created dashboards for Finance. Our next step is to roll it out to the rest of the organization.

Samy M.
  • Industry: Government Administration
  • Used Other for 6-12 months

Flexiable and Extensive

Reviewed on 10/1/2019

Pros

I like this software because it can do whatever I asked for from excel and it is ready to use and all other functions that I don't use but it is useful to have.

Cons

Many functions that I don't use and it can be clutter and confuse for the end user. If we can elimate that it would be great.

Prabhdeep S.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Perfect Software.

Reviewed on 8/11/2016

The implementation is very quick and easy. We were up and running in a matter of weeks. The system is easy to use and change. Great connectivity with our accounting system. This is a great tool for handling the budgets for multiple companies. We really enjoy the flexibility and independence that this cloud based system provides.

Daniel A.

Powerful Budgeting tool!

Reviewed on 31/8/2015

I'm very impressed for performance, flexibility and power of this platform. As FP&A Manager, our main responsibility is to provide to Board of Directors accurate and timely information; and Adaptive help us to achieve our goals.

The best pro of this tool: Is the adaptability, because allow built the model according your specific needs. Is important to mention as an another pro their stability and continuing improvement of key features.

About the cons: Demand a lot of time (trial & error) the process of creating the model and their formulation.

Bill T.

We use AI for our budgeting, some reporting and beginning to use it for our forecasting

Reviewed on 7/7/2015

I think that the AI toolset is fantastic. It has allowed us to save countless hours by not having to update and maintain Excel spreadsheets. It allows us to analyze rather than validate the numbers in our version. The implementation was quick and our implementer, Juan Maldonado was awesome! Juan was always available and usually had the issue fixed before we left the conference call. The tool isn't as intuitive as it could be but once you understand how certain things work, it does make sense.

Jake j. D.

Reviewed on 16/3/2016

Anastasia P.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

I was looking for budgeting tool and I found it

Reviewed on 30/8/2020

I found that Adaptive Planning is very flexible for any business changes, very easy to adapt as your business grows.

Pros

All what you need for budgeting, planning, saving and forecasting in one tool. The platform is good to use for data warehousing with a big amount of data.

Cons

Variety of reports are limited. Maybe I could not find some tools to make it, in this case would be great to have some helpful prompts.

• Industry: Hospitality

Jumped into this software almost immediately

Reviewed on 26/4/2019

Overall, my team felt Adaptive Insights was very handy it fit it's role well.

Pros

Was extremely easy to set up a budget, and maintain through excel and other existing files. Adaptive is cloud based similar to google drive, so we can all work on the same files without overlap. Very seemless.

Cons

Very good in almost all departments. Navigating data sheets was a bit clunky.

Melissa R.

Customer support only one star as haven't had to use this yet.

Reviewed on 24/3/2017

Initially, when first using the application I found the ease of use to be quite daunting. however using it everyday you quickly start to reap the benefits of Adaptive. This application is used by many different groups in my company for planning, budgeting, outlooking and reporting.

Georgeta P.

Adaptive is who you wnat to partner with

Reviewed on 23/4/2015

I've been using Adaptive for a few years, and ever since, there's no looking back or looking around. Adaptive delivers. Yes, there's room for improving but that what keep " growing and getting better" is all about! Trust me, once you start using Adaptive your review will add even more stars than mine does:)