UKG Pro

Yendi
Yendi

Best payroll solution

Reviewed on 11/6/2018

It help us speed the payroll process by 45% more fast.

It help us speed the payroll process by 45% more fast.

Pros

Ultipro best trait is the ability to customize the settings or features in a way to mold it on how the business works.This is a very intuitive tool, that even our non tech people can manage and control their own data and find everything they need on UltiPro. The cloud provides a real-time information including reports and dashboards that has the ability for employees to be able to navigate seamlessly and manage their information is made an impact. Very easy to use.

Cons

Very limited on the workflow process in web based. Some features are slower than other, not sure if its because the data is too much. This are small bumps compared to the benefits that this tool offers, so overall it doesn't have too many flaws.

Chelsea
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Over promise and under deliver

Reviewed on 6/6/2022

I expected better customer service, less limitation and a more seamless transition. We sent the employee demographic report to UKG and they left off multiple employees, messed up the ID#'s and etc. So be sure to double check their uploads.

Their staff is either not properly trained or understaff based on the service we received from them. Note that once you've launched your module, you only have 30 days with your consultant before they ghost you. Once that time period lapses, you have to put in tickets to get any issue resolved. Even issues that were caused during the implementation by the consultant, they will not fix it.

Pros

Great sales team. Some modules were easier to launch than others. Nice people. Definitely a software that is in demand so they have plenty of clients.

Cons

As titled, probably the worst implementation I've ever rolled out. I've launched at least 3 different vendors in my career and never have I experienced such terrible customer service. Definitely not apart of UKG's goal. Wait time was obnoxiously long. We were told in [SENSITIVE CONTENT] that we could launch our Benefits module by [SENSITIVE CONTENT] We're in [SENITIVE CONTENT]and we've not launched all of our benefits module. Expect to add on 2-4 weeks to any wait time you have. Prepare to have multiple members on the employers side to help launch because you will have different UKG Consultants, Lead Integration, Account managers and etc. The initial calls you have with the consultants for the modules are a waste of time. They call just to introduce themselves and tell you how long the process is and then they schedule additional calls for implementation. I rather just skip to the implementation since you can also do the introduction during that call.

You do not get fully trained on every module, they expect you to watch trainings or go to their UKG Community and see how other clients solve their questions/problems. So if you have a small team, steer clear from choosing UKG.

Mobile app is very limited. This is also the ONLY way an employee can upload a photo. You cannot upload photos via the web, unless an Admin or HR uploads every employees photo. Mobile app is super archaic. The Time keeping system is in a different app called UKG READY but everything HR data is in the UKG Pro app.

Workday HCM

Reasons for Choosing UKG Pro

Over promised on many things so we switched only to find out there were some limitations. We also switched because it made better sense for the Finance team.

BambooHR, Paylocity and OnePoint HCM
Cynthia
  • Industry: Veterinary

I'm Sad to Say....

Reviewed on 15/12/2022

Let me start by saying that it used to be great system and in the past I was a huge supporter of UltiPro and Kronos, and I thought they had the best systems out there from a payroll perspective - much easier to use than either Workday or SAP, and they had excellent support. And you were in control - you didn't need to hire a ton of expensive pseudo-IT people to run your department. Sadly, that's no longer the case. It's almost impossible to get support, the UI has gone downhill, and the product is very disjointed. It takes forever to perform simple tasks - very similar to a Workday or SAP. You can get it done, but not easily. You can no longer reach anyone in the Tax department - you can open tickets but no one will ever respond. You're on your own and you don't have the ability to make necessary updates yourself - it's a terrible feeling. I have had tickets open for months and I'm coming up on year end and I'm not going to be able to report accurately. Why they would take away the ability for users to make their own updates to taxing jurisdictions I'll never understand. But they did, and they don't respond when you open a case even after escalating. It's a nightmare. Now, I would go with another vendor given the choice. And that makes me sad.

Pros

I absolutely love the reporting capabilities in the core system. UKG uses Cognos, and you can literally write a custom report in minutes and pick up pretty much any field in the database and export it to Excel or PDF or whatever format you're looking for. You can schedule reports that can be automatically sent to your users and they can only see what their role and security allows them to see, you can create dashboards and interface files - whatever you need from a reporting perspective is at your fingertips. And it's as easy as drag and drop. I can't stress enough how useful this feature is.

Cons

I hate how long it takes to perform simple tasks, and I am horrified by the fact that they no longer provide test environments - to me it's not an option to test in production. We had to fight and beg for months to get them to make an "exception" for us, and frankly would have moved in another direction had they not eventually given in. The product and support, both of which used to make the system different from the other offerings on the market, have gone so far downhill in such a short time it's astonishing. Be prepared to have to go to a ton of different screens to get basic information or to perform an everyday task. And forget about getting any support. You can open tickets but no one is going to respond no matter how much you beg for help.

Contessa
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions

Fantastic Company & Software

Reviewed on 18/1/2024

Our company still have areas of UKG Pro that are not being fully utilized. However, we hope to work closely with our UKG team in the future in order to use all the various functions of the system. I've only been working with our company for over a year, but I have had a good experience with working within the software. I've noticed that submitting cases online sometimes takes longer to receive a response. However, when I call in with an issue, the UKG service team has always been friendly and has been able to resolve my problem.

Pros

Our company likes UKG Pro because it is an all-inclusive product from hiring our employees, paying our employees, goal-setting, reviews, learning opportunities, and everything in between. We like that all our employees information is housed in one software.

Cons

There are certain areas of UKG Pro that it would be nice to have a process setup to automatically update information on a certain date, such as allocations and local tax changes. We live in Indiana who withholds local taxes as of January 1st. However, when employees move to a different county and submit a new tax form, the request has to be held until the end of the year. We also have several labor allocations that are only for a certain time frame that have to manually updated.

Jeannette
  • Industry: Automotive

AAA Human Resources Review of UKG Pro

Reviewed on 8/9/2021

I am very happy with this product. We have added several additional UKG modules to the core system and they all work well together.

Pros

The SSO feature, all the modules and the core system work around single sign on. So no multiple signing in.

Cons

The benefit side of the system needs more work. We do not have Benefit Prime. We are using what was provided in the core system.

Dayforce HCM, ADP Workforce Now and Workday HCM

Reasons for Choosing UKG Pro

Wanted to get away from the cost of installing and maintaining a system.

Oracle PeopleSoft

Reasons for Switching to UKG Pro

The SAAS environment. We did not want to have to install upgrades and maintain the system. Also it had the features we were looking for at a more affordable price.
Megan
  • Industry: Medical Devices

If you need a new HRIS system, UltiPro should be on your list!

Reviewed on 26/5/2020

We have been really happy with our experience with UltiPro. We are going on 3 years now and still are improving our processes as they continue to upgrade and make good improvements to their software. We appreciate working with our salesman, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] still even though he doesn't need to be part of the team he still stays in contact! The system is easy to use for all levels at the company and are pleased with the products they offer.

Pros

There are a few good things I like about UltiPro. I like their reporting system and having a wide-range of reports available by a click and no need to recreate a new report. They also offer reports you never thought you would use, but after using it is a great tool and resource to have! The online customer success portal is a nice feature to help you find the answer you are looking for, but also having an option to create a case and have a representative look into your question and contact you via phone or email to resolve.

The app is getting better and better and our employees utilize the app the most to have their information at their fingertips.

It is difficult to break something in the software, but they offer a "sandbox" where you can test out the system or different products to test it out. They also offer a lot of workflow processes to where you set up the approvals for each item or activity that is changed on an employee profile or can set it up with no approvals and changes automatically.

Cons

We are not big fans of the Learning Management Module they offer with their system. It is a 3rd party site and doesn't incorporate well with the Core side of the system. However it does work and is an option to stay within the UltiPro system. Just takes a little adjustment to get used to and work with other parties to import content.

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Choosing UKG Pro

Old system we were using and needed something with more features, accessibility and ease of use.

Sage CRM

Reasons for Switching to UKG Pro

Had all the bells and whistles we were looking for, all products in one that we needed and a good customer sales experience.
Emily

Great HR Software from a Forward Thinking Company

Reviewed on 19/8/2020

We have realized some streamlined payroll business practices, and within Onboarding as well. The overall experience with this software and company have been very good, with some room for improvement. But there is no business out there without room for improvement :).

Pros

The level of customization and the ability to create our own fields is highly valued. This is also an easy system to train new Admins on, and has a crisp and clean appearance.

Cons

There are some improvements needed within UltiPro, especially in Time Management. There are things that we would like improved, but the nice thing about Ultimate Software is you can submit an Idea for an improvement and vote on other ideas. Ultimate takes these Ideas seriously, and rolls out improvements quarterly.

UKG Ready, ADP Workforce Now and Paylocity

Reasons for Choosing UKG Pro

Paycor lacked the ability to customize the system to fit our needs. Their payroll process was cumbersome and lengthy, and we had several tax issues with payroll as well. Reporting & Analytics were very slim. Paycor is a great system for smaller companies, but we had to move on once we were well over 100 employees.

Paycor
Ashlee

I love UKG

Reviewed on 15/8/2023

Pros

although the customer service has dropped a bit I am still very happy. the only side of customer service that i feel is suffering is the Benefit side. I'm struggling with Benefit help. but all other aspects I am very happy

Cons

I don't like some of the Time Management and how PTO is tracked. But I am hopeful with the changes into Dimensions

• Industry: Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

Love Ultipro- Only issue is reporting

Reviewed on 18/2/2020

Pros

Ease of use, customer service, great company! I love everything about them! Staff really go above and beyond. Have great retention tools for ongoing customers. They continue to be open to customer feedback as well.

Cons

Reporting. BI functionality is great for advanced users or companies with a designated HRIS team but if you are a small business (under 500), it can be difficult to simply get what you want quickly. Wish they had easy reporting (like SuccessFactors or ADP) and then BI for advanced users.

ADP Workforce Now and ADP Comprehensive Services

Reasons for Choosing UKG Pro

Needed to get off the PEO

Reasons for Switching to UKG Pro

Feedback, customer experience, and company values.
Diana
  • Industry: Hospitality
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Great solution with a great price for enterprise

Reviewed on 1/9/2023

Pros

Scheduling & labor forecasting, mobile ability, overall look

Cons

This is to be determined as we have not implemented the system yet.

Dayforce HCM, ADP TotalSource and Workday HCM

Reasons for Choosing UKG Pro

Needed a solution that was going to take us into enterprise growth.

ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Switching to UKG Pro

Developed great relationship with Sales Manager, pricing, features, several leaders familiar with UKG platform already
Lee

Review of UltiPro HRIS

Reviewed on 14/2/2020

UltiPro allowed us to eliminated many tedious and time-consuming processes, streamlining them that improved efficiency - Applicant Tracking, Onboarding, and Performance Management processes have all been greatly enhanced.

Pros

The functionality of the system overall - how each module works with each other, and the fact that I can customize it to my needs myself as we change. The ease of use and training are outstanding!

Cons

Not having the ability to have multiple company codes assigned to an employee who may be paid different rates in different company codes, but it does not impact a lot of employees and there is a work-around.

Dayforce HCM, Paycom, Paylocity and Paycor

Reasons for Choosing UKG Pro

With ADP, the system was not integrated requiring us to enter duplicate information, and only provided payroll services - was not a true HRIS, and was more expensive than what UltiPro provides.

Dayforce HCM, Paycom, Paylocity and Paycor

Reasons for Switching to UKG Pro

UltiPro provided the best product to meet our specific needs and overall best value; in addition, customer service and training are far superior to what other vendors were offering.
Isabelle

Recent Company Switch to UKG Pro

Reviewed on 25/8/2022

Overall UKG has cut down on some of the time it took our HR department to hire new employees on payroll, as the integration between onboarding, recruiting and PRO transfers that data. It is also an easier product for our end users to learn.

Pros

We recently switched over to UKG PRO from our legacy system and legacy ATS. UKG provides the functionality that we need all in one place and decreases the additional work we had to do. The integration between PRO and recruiting allows candidates to easily enter the database. The onboarding feature is very clear and improves the candidate onboarding experience. Everything from the branding to the setup is very customizable and allows you to set up the product exactly how you want it.

In switching to their product, you are also provided with lots of additional support from your setup team, which is great.

Cons

There is some functionality missing from the recruiting module of UKG. At this moment, the texting feature is not available, which was a critical piece of our legacy ATS. There is also some other functionality, such as grouping questions together for a job posting that is not currently available. We have found we need to use external applications on top of UKG to be able to meet our recruiting and onboarding needs.

Melissa
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Ultipro Review

Reviewed on 25/10/2019

We've had some issues with time and attendance but overall it is doing what we need it to do: employee self service, payroll, benefits admin

Pros

We were handheld during the implementation which was great. Compared to our previous system (zuman) there is much for functionality but there are still things UltiPro doesn't have that we need.

Cons

It doesn't have a fully functioning org chart that's printable (where you can see the entire organization, not just by each manager)

Paycor

Reasons for Choosing UKG Pro

Zuman didn't have the capabilities we needed.
Jacob

Good, but not perfect

Reviewed on 8/9/2021

UKG is beneficial to our organization and if you are able to put in the time up front, you can make things work to your advantage. Once you understand the system, it is easy to use. However, it does take work up front.

Pros

The time management program, as well as the ability to manage employee information and benefits.

Cons

The reporting function could be improved. At the very least, more training sources could be beneficial for the BI functionality.

Michael
  • Industry: Banking

Ultipro is great!

Reviewed on 7/1/2020

Overall the product works great, and my company states it is an affordable alternative.

Pros

We have been using Ultipro for about 4 years, and it works great. We manage our time sheets, as well as employee performances in the program.

Cons

My biggest con as a user is having a difficult time telling when I punched out, or if I had just punched out minutes ago. This causes a lot of dependencies.

Janine
  • Industry: Machinery

Expensive Option with some benefits

Reviewed on 28/7/2022

Pros

Allows for customization. Has great reporting capabilities.

Cons

We tried to use UKG as the one place for HR. Unfortunately, several modules (recruiting, onboarding, performance management) are offered, but they all lack the functionality to make them add value to our organization. We dropped PM because it was so difficult to use. We are also looking at alternatives to ATS and Onboarding. I am not a fan of their support model. I really don't even know my CSR.

Dayforce HCM

Reasons for Choosing UKG Pro

Looking for more robust options

Paychex Flex

Reasons for Switching to UKG Pro

ability to customize and integrate
Jamie

Best HR site I have personally used

Reviewed on 25/7/2018

Allows me to view all my HR information all in one location.

Allows me to view all my HR information all in one location.

Pros

Been using this site now for our clocking in and out at work for 5+ years.
Very easy to use. Site has never been down, always up and works.
The site is speedy to navigate.
Allows me to easily and quickly log in and out.
Allows me to pick easily pick my insurance every year and has all the information I need on the site.
Allows me to quickly get a brief overview how many sick/personal/vacation days I have and will earn.
Can hop in and request days off very easily and then view a yearly calendar to see what I have already added in the future and the past.
We also use this for our performance reviews. Not a fan of those but the site makes it work OK.
Site times out at 30 minutes and it gives you a countdown before it gets there, so it makes it easy for me to see when to clock back in for lunch.
I can also view my paycheck stubs here.
It is very nice to have access to all of this in one location.
I also hear it integrates with AD credentials but we have not implemented that.
I have used other HR websites such as Kronos and this one is so much easier to use.

Cons

Honestly I cannot think of anything negative to say about the website. I have never had a problem with it.

Response from UKG

Hi Jamie, thank you so much for sharing with us. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying your experience. We hope you have a wonderful day!

Nathan

UltiPro is the primary UI that I use to access all my personal work information.

Reviewed on 29/7/2018

I am able to keep track of my personal work information in one convenient software and mobile app. It allows me to view my payment history, my PTO statuses and many other things. I like being able to view all this information in one easy to use software.

Pros

UltiPro is an easy to use Software that provides me with easy access to all work related information. The mobile application is great when I am on the go and need to get access to a quick piece of information. It allows me to view all my tax information as well as insurance information. It allows me to export W2 and W4 information when doing my taxes and does so in an easy way.

Cons

I would say the biggest Con for the software is the mobile app does have some missing features of that compared to the PC software. On the mobile app I am not able to access some features that normally I would be able to. Other than that I do not have many Cons for this software if anymore at all.

Response from UKG

Hi Nathan, thank you for your feedback. We're thrilled to hear you are enjoying our Mobile App! I cannot wait to share your insights with the Mobile App team - they will be thrilled! If you don't mind, would you be willing to share your mobile experience on the Mobile App Store of your choice? Further, I did see you your request for more Mobile-specific features. I just wanted to let you know that Mobile App features are determined by an organization's HR department. It's possible there are features available that you may not have access to. If there are any specific features of interest, feel free to let your HR team know! Thanks for taking the time to leave us feedback. We value your insights and hope to continue providing you with a great experience. Have a wonderful day!

Erin
  • Industry: Law Practice

Reliable but missing some of the basics

Reviewed on 19/8/2020

Pros

The up-time is great. Wish we had more active notification when things are down. Notifications go out a few hours after they start and usually after I've called in and been told it's a known issue.

Cons

Some ease of use items don't exist or we've been waiting a few years since they were suggested in the share ideas portal. As a couple of examples:
-A basic copy of open enrollment or life event set up was suggested at least 3 years ago. It was added to benefits prime, but not regular benefits. That's a basic feature that all of your competitors offer.
-The ability to change an email address for a new employee in onboarding has been request for multiple years as well. It still hasn't been delivered.

• Industry: Government Administration

So much capability, so hard to navigate!

Reviewed on 18/1/2019

Overall, if you are only looking for basic information as an employee its easy; find paychecks, find personal info, etc. As a long-term solution, unless you do a great job of training and modifying the tools and menus, its easy to get lost; both because of the interface is not clean and it has too many options.

Pros

Ultipro has a ton of options of what is available to you; I've seen it now in two different companies. In both scenarios, the capabilities of the software were not utilized to their fullest extent. It looks as if Ultipro can do far more than either used it for. The load times and menus for initially finding information are fast to navigate. Information on different pages is presented clear as well. PDFs and other files generated by the system load fast.

Cons

The presentation of the material, menus, hotlinks, etc. is unwieldy and jumbled. It is hard to sort through all of the pages past initial launch ones. Drop down menus, if you move your mouse off of them, disappear; in 2019 that doesn't make sense. The ease of use is definitely missing. As mentioned, too, I've seen it in two scenarios, one with a company of 2000+ and one with around 200 employees. All of the features are not used and yet you can still open up menus and pages that do not have relevant information; if thats the system, it needs to be fixed, if its the user/moderator of the business, they need to be encouraged to get rid of it from the systems administrator from Ultipro. Just not an easy and clean tool to use.

The Time Clock tool as an employee is very difficult to use, too; multiple pages/clicks to get to basic information is overkill. Even then, it has a very mid-range power user feel to it... if you don't know what you're doing you may break it!

Ultipro provides consistent, easy to use HR services

Reviewed on 23/10/2018

I've been on both the end user and HR setup sides of UltiPro, so I have multiple opinions on it. For the most part, I can see how HR and management likes it. UltiPro cuts down on a lot of manual lookup and integrates many tools and features into one package. And if you're an employee who really only uses it for time&attendance, then it's not really a big change. For the most part, I like using UltiPro and it's a solid HR MS that helps me manage my team in a more concise manner.

Pros

It's nice to be able to view an employee's information via a report. I recognize that you won't be able to gather all the info but having a consolidated PDF generated makes some of my duties a bit easier to begin with.

I also really like the modules that accompanies UltiPro. We've used the main modules such as Payroll and Attendance, but it's nice to have things like Recruitment and Workforce Analytics as well.

As an aside, I think that UltiPro has pretty strong online customer support. I've almost always found a resolution within a business day or so.

Cons

It can seem a bit... redundant at time. I feel like some features that I have to go through should have already been expressed to another person, and I shouldn't have to input them again. For example, the time-sheet feature feels like it can be incorporated to add minute schedule changes and unexpected TO off a bit better. Also, some of my team says it's a bit tricky for them to find pay-stubs or that it might be delayed in showing up, but I've personally never had that happen.

Katherine
  • Company size: 1,001–5,000 Employees

Good platform, needs more improvement

Reviewed on 16/3/2023

Good, very productive platform

Good, very productive platform

Pros

I like that we do everything on one platform (ex: PTO, vacations, posting job offers, schedulling, time sheet approvals)

Cons

The punch in and out system, for a big platform like this is should have a direct punching in like agendrix instead of goinh through different channels to be able to punch in for work. Should be an easier way. Schedulling shouldn't be as "plain" as it is on the platform at the moment.

• Industry: Consumer Services

UKG Dimensions Review

Reviewed on 1/7/2021

Implementing this product has been exciting with each of the clients I have worked with!

Pros

The product is easy to use. The product provide an immense amount of reports that are all customizable. As a payroll manager in my prior life, I find the Gross Up pay statement type so easy to use and avoids mistakes in calculating. And I know I already said reporting but I have to say something about the specific report the Recap and Funding Report. Every client I work with is always excited about this feature. This report is every payroll manager and CFO's dream. It provides current and past payroll information to help you audit and be informed about the biggest expense a company has....their payroll.

Cons

Clients find it challenging to determine which reports to use when due to the large library of standard reports.

Yeni
Yeni

I love the UltiPro experience.

Reviewed on 7/7/2018

Pros

The UltiPro user interface is intuitive,easily customizable ,easy to navigate and i have been impressed with how UltiPro has continuously improved over the years ,with new features being added regularly. UltiPro has been superb for my team as a tool for time keeping.
Cognos analytic is a stand out tool on UltiPro , and simplifies the process of reporting on our payroll. I like the standardized report ,and the freedom to edit the names and modify them to fit our business need is priceless.

Cons

Ultipro's workflows are very limited . I will like the user interface remodeled in a way that we are able to view the "compensation-history" from one page , for every staff in the organization.

Response from UKG

Hi Yeni, thank you so much for the kind words. We're thrilled to hear you enjoy our business analytics features. Have a great day!

Angela
  • Industry: Medical Devices
  • Company size: 501–1,000 Employees

Timekeeping Made Easy

Reviewed on 6/10/2020

The team that assisted us during our migration were very helpful and engaging during the whole process. They helped ensure that our system was set up and functioning exactly as we needed it to. They even added features for our person import that we previously didn't have, thereby removing quite a bit of manual data entry.

Pros

The software is easy to use as the functionality from Kronos WFC to Dimensions has not changed. I had 40 payroll users to train on editing timecards and running reports. My training sessions only lasted about 10 minutes and many of the users preferred the new system layout and reporting.

Cons

Migrating from the current system to Dimensions is not an apples to apples move. The layout of the system was different than our current set up so we had to build what I felt was a more complex structure.