Mailrelay

Industry: International Trade & Development

Best malchimp alternative value-price

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 29/9/2019

I was using mailrelay as my choice until I found sendy (self hosted with Amazon AWS). But if you don't have advanced technical knowledge, this is your best option if you need best price-value.

Pros

It's price is affordable and software quality is good. It's easy to use, has statistics, designer, and list manager. It's free version is well for what most people needs.

Cons

It's UI design. But they updated it a year ago. Now is nicer. It doesn't have as many integrations yet as mailchimp.

Daniel I.
Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Review of Mailrelay services

Reviewed on 28/9/2016

Since I use short time Mailrelay, I cannot talk about the complete pacakge they offer. However, I can tell that it is really broad e-mail service platform, that you can use for really whole spectrum of needs.

You can adjust, your subscriber list, you can import newsletter templates and send them when you want and how much you want (of course there is a limitation by the total number of subscribers, but there is no limitation regarding of number of newsletter you can send for example in one hour or so).
The only think it is fuzzy for me is statistcs that is not so clear and easy for use, and there is no possibilty to repeat sending newsletter for those people who didnt opened newsletter in the first sending.

In general Mairelay is really helpful and useful service that I would recomend to anyone

Pros

funconality, a number of different possibilities

Cons

you cannot repeat sending for part of the list of the subscriber, that did not open or if you add new subscribers ..and then you have to repeat for the entire list

★ beatriz R.

The best mailing provider ¡and free!

Reviewed on 29/9/2016

I "meet" mailrealy 4 years ago... and since then up it become in my favorite mail provider.
Seriusly, (and not, they not pay me ;)) for me, is one of the best options in this competitive field.

I invite all of you to give a try to mailrelay... simple awesome.

Pros

Autoresponder
Groups
Custom fields
Custom forms
Tamplates free
Hug amount of suscribers
Amazing client suport.

Cons

Don't have "automation"
You can't build wordk flows in a click basis.

Industry: Computer Software

There are better alternatives, but the free tier makes it a good choice

Reviewed on 5/2/2019

The ability to send email marketing campaigns with 0 budget was the main point of using Mailrelay. This is the main reason why I would recommend Mailrelay.

Pros

Mailrelay's free tier is so high, that it's likely that you won't paid for the service until you really grow up - and even then, its pricing is really cheap. Also, it has a ton of learning material and their support service is helpful. Watch out for their blog and their onboarding emails, they deliver a lot of useful tips and tricks. What I like the most about their blog, is that they don't only focus on giving advice on email marketing topics, they also cover digital marketing in general. Speaking more about the app, I think it's important to remark an interesting technology that they have: some time ago, they implemented "Smart Delivery", a feature that sends the emails first to the most active customers, making sure that your IP reputation is the highest possible.

Cons

Features and design-wise, their competitors are far more advanced. It's UI/UX is really old, and makes navigation a bit hard. And the automation features are quite limited compared on other big players on the market. But I have heard that they are working on this, so we probably will have more advanced marketing features soon.

Pham A.
Industry: Accounting

Effective Email Marketing

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 27/9/2016

This is an amazing piece of software. The software appears to have been developed with thoughtful consideration of security features and resource demands. It's light weight and quite flexible in deployment options.

Creating an email marketing template with Mailrelay is fairly easy. Mailrelay uses a WYSIWYG template to create newsletters. The actual newsletter is created in an HTML editor. You can either use an existing template or create a new one, using custom HTML code.

Pros

Great and helpful software. I will recommend it to my colleagues sysadmins. Great solution if you have a huge amount of SMTP requests from different servers and pcs in your company to the same SMTP server on the web. Very easy to configure, so useful, nice application!

Cons

Need upgrade adds resend the previously sent campaign with customized criteria.

Rolly C.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising
Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Free Email Marketing Tool up to 15k of subscribers

Reviewed on 17/5/2019

I have been using this tool since 2013 and I still use this for email marketing campaigns.

Pros

It's free up to 15k of subscribers and very easy to set and send mails

Cons

It doesn't have some integrations with other tools

Industry: Civil Engineering

Easy and friendly

Reviewed on 24/4/2019

I can communicate with my suscriptors twice a week in a very easy way.

Pros

Easy to make newsletters, lists and send them.

Cons

Is quite difficult not to be clasified as spam y the mail box.

Alexis A.
Industry: E-Learning

Autoresponder

Used Other for 2+ years
Reviewed on 28/4/2019

I have everything I need as an autoresponder and when a problem arises, the support response is almost immediate

Pros

It's fee for 75000 emails and 10000 contacts

Cons

The dashboard and the forms design are a bit old...

Jennifer L.
Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism

Very good in general and can improve

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 29/9/2016

I have been using this service, In general is very friendly but is lacking some services that I used with other companies that provide email marketing that help make your job easy and fast. In general I love Mailrelay and specially the support!

Pros

In general it is very friendly to use.
The support is incredible.
You can send up more emails for free comparing to other companies.
Easy to import contacts and lists
It is in Spanish
Better opening rate

Cons

-There are some features not available such as re-sending your campaign only to certain segment, such as the ones that did not open the last campaign, etc. this features are available in other
-The hours of the app are not consisting with the county I am in, it uses Spain hours I beleive.

Wai P.
Industry: Alternative Medicine

Fantastic Service!!!

Reviewed on 27/9/2016

Mailrelay is so easy to set up and to use, the UI is so intuitive. If you have a problem just email them and they respond very quickly (I've never waited for more than 2 hours!). There are so many features that you would pay for with other services but, unbelievably, this is FREE! Amazing! I've recommended this service to so many people.

Pros

Easy to use, easy to set up and free!

Cons

Nothing really, just minor things, like it always defaults to Spanish and that the default time is Spanish time, but you get use to it.

Cesar L.
Industry: Law Practice

Very helpful, excelent support

Reviewed on 27/9/2016

We like to use Mailrealy as our support for sending e-mails, they have been great for this.
I just would like to suggest to make it easier for any kind of user to include images on the e-mails, I have to request to our IT support to include such kind of features because it is not easy or user friendly for me as a more administrative tasking person.

Pros

The estadistics after you send the e-mails are just fantastic

Cons

It should be easier for any kind of user (not only technology profile people) to include images or other features on the mass e-mails.

Alfredo W.
Industry: Medical Practice

Very good clicks/mailing ratio

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 30/9/2016

Since we use Mailrelay we increased the clicks/mailing ratio compared with our previous platform. We plan to go on using this platform. It is easy enough even for no profesionals as me.

Pros

clicks/mailing ratio
easy of use
tools to prepare your mails

Cons

I have not found any

Mauricio P.
Industry: Business Supplies & Equipment

Mailrelay is my favorite email marketing software

Reviewed on 27/9/2016

I have been using it for several years, easy to use, great templates which save me a lot of designing time.
Just have to follow them on tweeter, facebook and G+ and you'll get a lot of contacts and emails to send monthly.

Pros

Organization, easy to use and administer

Cons

I'm not an html expert, and sometimes when I import an email from other source like Outlook, some code appears in the mailrelay campaign (not in the edit mode but in the final email send). It's kind of hard to get ride of it.

Luis R.

Cheap, but not great Email campaign service

Used Weekly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 10/8/2017

Pros

It is cheaper than Mailchimp, and as it is an Spanish company, most of the software was already translated in spanish.

Cons

UX and user interface are poorly designed and difficult to use. Also our spam ratio grew a bit when using the service. And, ironically, we were constantly sent not email marketing newsletters from the company, which were not that useful.

Response from Mailrelay

Hi Luis!

Your account doesn't have some necessary technical configurations implemented, as for example SPF.

That would explain the increased SPAM ratio, as those configurations are really required when working with email marketing.

Please contact our support team which will be very happy to help.

Regards,

Mailrelay team.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Jose Z.

My review about Mailrelay

Reviewed on 29/9/2016

I've been using Mailrelay for a long time, after trying other similar tools, I decided to use it again. They have improved their Dashboard, but has a flaw that is critical for me (other tools also have it) and it is the search for bounced mails or no longer used. The search has to be done manually, wasting a considerable amount of time :(
The RSS template does not work that well, I'm not a programmer in HTML so I have no idea how to make the images be invoked. I asked for help to support, but they are not the best at answering apart from redirecting you to their Blog, video tutorials, etc. They do not realize that I need, many users have very little time-customized help and would be willing to extend my plan inclusive :(

Pros

Good platform to send out emails.

Cons

their support is too simple, they are not empathic and chat support almost never works and if I can communicate I always get the same response, go to the Blog, Videos :( see Tutorials

Likelihood to recommend: 5.0/10

Mohammed I.

Excellent reliability and very beautiful look for the messages & Newsletters

Reviewed on 8/8/2017

Pros

Its capabilities and performance reliability. The offerings are generous and help to achieve the target mailing efficiently

Cons

although it is not technically complicated as many others, the way of tackling the Autoresponders specifically is not conforming with what users are accustomed to. In general, it is satisfactory.

Don J.
Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Great For Email Marketing

Reviewed on 28/9/2016

My company is just a small to medium size business. I've tried numbers of email marketing software including those installed on my server (open-source), I think MailRelay is the best for small to medium size businesses.

Pros

The User Interface

Cons

Perhaps, they should add more email or newsletter templates.

Valerio P.
Industry: Computer Software

Very good option for mailing

Reviewed on 23/2/2018

This service has allowed us to send emails to several clients and they have been totally satisfactory.

Pros

It is a software for sending emails with a very cheap price and that provides an excellent service.

It has a free plan that for small campaings can be more than enough.

Emails sent through this tool do not carry any advertising either in the footer or anywhere else.

Cons

To be able to subscribe to this service you will require a corporate email account. You can not use free email services such as gmail or yahoo to subscribe.

When I subscribed, the confirmation email took a while to arrive, however, apart from that the service works very well.

Very competitive features. Love the free package.

Reviewed on 24/6/2018

Pros

Large amount of members and high sending limits. Features are created for ease of use. Campaign setting is very easy, instructions simple

Cons

Hard to use for single opt in customers. Seems Mailrelay wants users to use their Newsletter program instead plain email

Milthon R.

Good tool for large email marketers

Used Monthly for 1+ year
Reviewed on 18/6/2018

Good for marketing and for 2 times sending

Pros

It is a very good tool when it comes to sending mass emails, in fact it is the only one in the market that allows you to send a total of 15,000 users at the same time and a total of 75,000 mass emails per month .. That's incredible!

Cons

the tool does not look very friendly, they made an important improvement but I think they can do it better, I do not like that you have to delete one by one the users of your database

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Javier C.
Industry: Management Consulting

Rating only

Reviewed on 30/9/2016

Pablo F.

Basics

Reviewed on 29/9/2016

I would make the program easier to understand. I have already used the email templates which are too complicated and I cannot use them.
To have a basic version of this software would be fantastic.

Jaime D.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Rating only

Reviewed on 30/7/2016

Vicente G.
Industry: Entertainment

Easy mailing system

Reviewed on 24/1/2019

Pros

It is very easy to configure, fast and effective to send your mailings to your customers.

Cons

Perhaps it would improve the menus and would make it easier to make the shipments, you must learn a little to be able to configure it correctly.

Althea K.
Industry: Environmental Services

Super easy to use!

Reviewed on 25/9/2017

Can connect multiple websites. Free for ever.

Pros

Plenty of step by step articles. Immediate replies to queries. Layout is user friendly and easy to navigate.