John B.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

LearnUpon is an Extension of Who We Are

Reviewed on 9/12/2020

My business utilizes training to implement corporate compliance goals and programs. The LU LMS, the LU staff, the LU customer interactions (all of them), and their genuine interest in us as customers and people puts LU in a rare, very spartan-populated category: business support that I absolutely can count on to make me feel good, look good and work well.

Pros

We were one of the first dozen or so customers of LU from over a decade ago. Their Learning Management System software has evolved over time to the point where I view their changes as opportunities to possibly improve relationships with MY customers. That commitment to help US to improve our business outreach came to be how we view the people, the philosophy and the approach LearnUpon represents to us.

It's challenging to pick the aspect of the LU LMS I like the "most": the fact that after the initial learning curve is complete, it is easy and time efficient to use LU would probably be my favorite aspect. My customers would agree with me too.

Cons

It would be nice if LU had an in-house capability that could take our content and add some attractive visual elements as well as offering some suggestions to review and optimize our interaction and use of the LMS.

Margaret C.
  • Industry: Food & Beverages
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Great Product and Service

Reviewed on 30/6/2020

My overall experience with LearnUpon has been fantastic. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and his team helped me to realize and build our online training site from the ground up. They were very patient with me in regards to training, answering my questions, and troubleshooting any issues that I encountered.

Pros

The software is very easy to use and versatile. I was able to customize the platform to match our company's banding and set it up to our very specific needs. I also like that I can choose to create a course using an external design software, upload it easily, and pair it with some of the design features already built into LearnUpon such as the exam and survey functions, or design the entire course completely within the software.

Cons

The only need that is lacking for us is the ability to sell tangible products through LearnUpon using the built in eCommerce function.

Trevor R.

Great ROI from LearnUpon & Postive User feedback

Reviewed on 23/7/2019

LU has enabled Eason to deliver impactful skills development modules and critical knowledge-building interventions with assurances on accuracy and consistency across our store-based workforce. This is achieved without any demand being placed on critical resource in store to deliver new knowledge and skill to the team. I continue to find the LU solution for Eason represents considerable return on our investment. User feedback on programmes hosted on our LU portals strongly suggest that our employees enjoy the learning experience on offer.

Pros

With a workforce in excess of 1,000 employees, many of whom have worked with Eason for over 15 years, almost all staff whether 'tech-savvy' or not, have found our LearnUpon portals to be easy to access, navigate and use.
LearnUpon have made it easy to customise the look and feel of the portal with corporate colours and branding. This has helped to establish online learning within Eason as part of our overall L&D strategy and demonstrates to our teams that the organisation is making strong investment in the development of our people through elearning methodologies.
Finally the support offered by the LearnUpon team means that any issues or requirements are addressed and resolved; far sooner than expected in terms of time, whilst also exceeding expectation on the practicality and usability of solutions offered.

Cons

Very little. Perhaps some additional reporting criteria would be useful when tracking progress across numerous user groups.

Dave T.
  • Industry: Restaurants

A Great LMS - with an attractive User Interface

Reviewed on 10/4/2019

The versatile training platform allows our employees to log in and view training material remotely on any device. New material can be uploaded in a matter of minutes. Easy to follow formats keep the learner engaged and on task. The easy-to-use Dashboard make navigation simple. A great product, I would promote to anyone.

Pros

Pros: Overall management, ease of use, functionality at all levels are major time-saving benefits. Being able to brand our company makes even our newest employees feel like they are rally part of something bigger. As an administrator, the ability remote connection from anywhere is amazingly effective. The Customer Support is Outstanding. Using Learning Paths for step-by-step training has simplifies the learning process.

Cons

Occasional glitches with new user log in. However, any issues that have come up over the years were immediately corrected by tech support.

Stephen C.
  • Industry: Religious Institutions

A fantastic LMS. Well-designed, regular updates, excellent customer service.

Reviewed on 4/10/2017

Pros

LearnUpon's features are robust, but it is still simple to use. It's easy to maintain on the admin side, and I don't get questions from my learners about "where do I click." I can't say enough about the quality of service LearnUpon provides to its customers. My LearnUpon rep regularly contacts me to ask about our needs and to keep me informed of new features. Tech support responds to any issues I have within hours, and they'll work until the issue is completely resolved. LearnUpon actually listens to its customers when deciding what features to add or update. Great company, great product.

Cons

As a non-profit organization, most of our e-learners are voluntary. We depend on learners' self-motivation to continue learning, so we would value more features (such as social sharing) that help users stay engaged with the platform.

Amanda K.

Unbeatable customer service and constantly evolving

Reviewed on 5/5/2015

LearnUpon's mission was to build an LMS that is quick to setup, super easy to use and backed up by exceptional customer support. They have, without a doubt, succeeded on all three goals. I was up and running with my first course in minutes. The interface is intuitive, easy on the eyes, and super clean.

My clients have benefited from LearnUpon's quick portal set-up. I have been able to create customized demonstration portals, fully branded and populated with example user groups, courses, assessments, surveys, and reports, in a matter of hours allowing me to show the value of a learning portal to my clients based on their unique needs.

It is fun to see how LearnUpon's LMS can solve challenges my clients and I have. As I experiment with the array of options for course content, learning paths, assessment, and reporting I frequently refer to their detailed Administrators Manual and well organized Knowledge Base to make sure I am utilizing all of the possibilities LearnUpon's LMS had to offer.

When I have a question the documentation can't answer, LearnUpon's superior customer service offers expertise and professionalism unlike any I have experienced with a software product. Shane, Lisa, Carrie, Ian, Des and everyone else on the LearnUpon team are a pleasure to work with. My questions are often answered within hours and those that require a little investigation are followed up on in a timely and professional manner. The knowledgeable and prompt customer service LearnUpon provides has helped me build trust with my clients who have been burned in the past by apathetic support from other vendors.

LearnUpon is always improving their product and services to their customers. They look to the industry for what features could help learners get the training and education they need to succeed. I highly recommend them if you are looking to invest in an LMS for your organization or for your growing training business.

Brian B.
  • Industry: Food Production

Excellent Customer Support & Easy to use!

Reviewed on 8/1/2018

Our training can be done remotely and without very little help from us for setup and use. Keeps the trainee more interested in learning. Less worry about having to redo old PowerPoint Slides and other documents Constantly.

Pros

I like how easy it is to cost, setup, management, ease of use, branding per company and remote connection from anywhere you have an internet connection. Above everything else the Customer Support is Outstanding and one of the main reasons we chose this company.

Cons

The video functionality and importing. We had to buy a 3rd party app to product content because it LearnUpon does not support certain file types or editing. The upload can take a while depending on how much content and bandwidth you have. We actually found that using a 3rd party app for our videos works better for us than most other software can offer. Ultimately, this inst that bad of a trade-off for the customer support and constant functionality updates to the program.

Calum F.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Very competitively priced - decent on features

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

A great LMS and definitely a good choice for small to medium business who are growing. No need to tie into 1000's of licenses and pay for something you are not using - unlike other LMS.

Pros

Pricing per active user is a game changer. The cost per user is significantly lower than other LMS vendors I have worked with.

Easy to use and fairly easy to train as admin. Low initial learning curve

Cons

Some features are limited - i.e. Learning Pathways - these cannot be changed once created which is a real issue for how we would have used these - it completely stoppped me from being able to use this feature in our organisation. The team were supportive in trying to find an alternative solution, but outwith courses/curriculum, the progressive learning is a little limited.

Leslie D.

Great for teams with no dedicated IT staff!

Reviewed on 21/4/2015

We're a small non-profit that offers training to learners outside of our organization. We were using an enterprise LMS that was fully customizable, but VERY expensive, and not at all user-friendly. We needed a hosted system that was affordable, customizable, and allowed for several different training modalities (documents, videos, SCORM content, and Instructor-led sessions). We also needed something that didn't require us to have dedicated IT staff to manage it. We found ALL of this in LearnUpon.

We've been using LearnUpon for almost a year and it has been working very well for us. It is a template-based LMS with so many customizable options - and all of the "behind-the-scenes" work is already done! The user interface is very intuitive and easy to use. You can add artwork, change color schemes, customize user data and email templates, add your own certificates, etc. With the "template" design of the system, we did have to figure a few "workarounds" to make it work for us.

I have found their customer service to be top-notch. They are responsive, professional and helpful. Any issues I've had, they worked with me until we found a solution. They also seem to be very responsive to the needs of their customers. In the time I've been working with the system, I've seen several improvements based on customer feedback.

I would recommend this company to anyone needing an LMS solution!

Tamara S.

Intuitive & Excellent Support

Reviewed on 4/6/2020

As we have been converting live training sessions to digital courses, LearnUpon has made it easy to create standardized, professional, and thorough training courses.

Pros

LearnUpon is extremely intuitive. After just a few days of working with it, I already feel competent and capable of creating clean, high quality courses. Some of its greatest appeals are the ample opportunities for admins and students to interact through assignments, feedback, and notifications. Additionally, the LU staff has been incredibly supportive and delightful to work with. They pointed me in the direction of plenty of resources to help me fully utilize the features LU has to offer.

Cons

It took more effort to understand the relationship between the library, catalog, and resource uploads, but nothing that couldn't be easily explained or researched.

Monika M.

Above and Beyond

Reviewed on 21/11/2019

The customer service is absolutely outstanding! From the very first call and email, their staff was friendly, responsive, knowledgeable, and you can tell they believe in the product. Thus far I am nothing but impressed, and I can’t wait to see how our company will be able to use an LMS like LearnUpon in our business. We are so pleased to have chosen such a dedicated vendor!

Pros

The functionality is extremely user friendly from the administration and learner perspectives. LearnUpon also has a LearnUpon University that takes you through the navigation and settings of the software and assigns a customer support specialist so all questions are answered!

Cons

I can’t say that I have a negative thing to say about LearnUpon.

Sandra R.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

A really valued Strategic Partner

Reviewed on 20/7/2020

They have been an oustanding partner. They listen to our needs and work with us to find solutions. They provide great access to support and really try to meet our needs within our budget.

Pros

It provides a smaller business with access to features of a large enterprise LMS.

Cons

We can't have two currencies in one portal.. this is a unique need.

Danny A.

AWESOME SAUCE

Reviewed on 11/3/2020

AWESOME SAUCE

Pros

LearnUpon is great in almost every aspect. Very user friendly and easy to work with. All the employees i have worked with are incredible people and i look at as friends now.

Cons

Only thing i would change that they have not done all ready is make the course creator a little more robust.

• Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Easy Set-Up and User Friendly

Reviewed on 12/9/2019

Great organization and we are very happy with our decision!

Pros

The set-up for LearnUpon is amazing. We converted over from an older LMS in less than a month and were up and live for our users. The interface is also very easy to use and I've taught several others in my office how to use some of the administrative features.

Cons

My only wish is that you could change the look and feel of the way courses display in a list. They display great I just wish after a while we could switch it up to be a tiled view.

María magdalena Z.

eLearning made easy and nice.

Reviewed on 22/9/2018

I am glad they team is constantly updating it! It means constant progress and better outcome!
100% recommended for small businesses and organizations.

Pros

It has a simple look and feel. Some people don.t realize how important this is to any learning process. No distraction, no competition with content. That is the most valuable asset of this LMS. It is very intuitive and smart. Students love it at first sight because it makes the learning process more approachable.
I

Cons

Non really. I just wish the constant updating won't mess up with the system simplicity.

Blayne G.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Easy to Use and Beautiful Interface

Reviewed on 30/3/2019

Because our company works remotely from one another, it's been great to use an easy system like LearnUpon that doesn't require us to all be in the same room. Also because we're building and selling fast, I'm grateful that it's easy to use and easy to edit content!

Pros

I've used a few different Learning Management Systems before, and this one is the most intuitive.

Cons

Getting up-to-speed on any LMS is tough. Just learning where everything is and how to make edits when you're in the middle of selling and building the next course.

Katie B.

Excellent platform which is both admin and user friendly

Reviewed on 13/7/2017

Pros

How easy it is to navigate is definitely one of the biggest pro's. There is also a lot of scope for personalisation and for interactivity within the software which makes training so much for relevant to users.

Cons

There are no major cons so far except that when you have one platform but several people managing it you need to be sure that the course completion emails are going to the correct administrator.

Jamie P.

Great Learning Platform

Reviewed on 24/12/2019

Pros

Being able to build and track employees and their progress of training

Cons

Nothing it was a great platform for our employees to use

Amber W.

We have been using LU for a little over a year now and are always impressed.

Reviewed on 14/5/2015

LU staff has always gotten back to us right away, fixed any bugs we have presented and worked diligently to fulfill needed options. We can not say enough good about them and the product they sell. Thank LU team!

Brady O.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Reviewed on 16/2/2018

Amber B.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education

LearnUpon makes SaaS a breeze.

Reviewed on 23/8/2016

Pros

Extremely friendly and easy to work with. The customer support was fast.

Cons

Nothing comes to mind. I have enjoyed all aspects of this company.

Thomas S.

Fantastic support and great solution for corporate learning

Reviewed on 20/8/2020

Over the years I have been a very demanding customer and an ill tempered one at that when I was stressed out about things not at all related to the learning management system. Every time I was grumpy the support guys and gals were supportive and patient with me and focused on helping me in whatever query I had. I built my business with Learnupon as its backbone and never regret the decision. I am proud to be one of their first 100 customers and delighted to see them with over 1000 now. I celebrated my first big contract with a bottle of champagne with the Learnupon Staff in their headquarters, was invited to a customer appreciation evening with canapés when they moved to bigger premises, and they sent my wife flowers on the birth of our daughter... what more can I say? They are integral to my business now and I deeply appreciate the ongoing support and product developments which make the system bigger and better every year. Thanks Learnupon.com and keep up the great work!

Pros

I found the LMS to be very user friendly and very importantly whenever I had an issue of a problem doing something, or as was more likely the case, whenever I screwed something up, the Learnupon support were there to save the day and provide a solution.

Cons

At the start (I am with them over 5 years now) I didn't like the e-commerce side but it was significantly improved over time and most importantly, an integration was created to work with Shopify and Zapier which has really transformed my business.

Kariann D.
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

User-friendly

Reviewed on 11/9/2019

Pros

The ease of use on both the administrator and user side is fabulous.

Cons

There were some features that I needed/would have liked to use. With the suggestions, they have been moving forward with their development team to make changes and improvements to their platform. My Customer Success Manager meets with me frequently to discuss any issues I have and to update me on any changes that will be forthcoming to the platform. The level of communication from LU is excellent.

Chris J.
  • Industry: Mining & Metals

Great Customer Service, Awesome Staff, and a Quality Product

Reviewed on 16/8/2019

We looked at twelve Learning Management Systems before choosing LearnUpon. We needed and LMS that would host on a reliable server they maintain, integrate with Salesforce easily, and not break the bank. LearnUpon has delivered on all points, and more. They met, and exceeded, all expectations and continue to improve every month.

Our decision was made several years go. Since signing on with LearnUpon, I have had the pleasure of communicating with several staff members in various scenarios, and all of them are great. I have permission from the reps to call them out personally in this review as outstanding, kind, intelligent, and amazing humans. (To be fair, everyone at LearnUpon is pretty great, but the reps are just too cool for words.)

Pros

It always works; servers do not go down.

Learner issues are minimal. Any problems are usually due to issues outside LearnUpon's control.

24-hour support response is quick, robust, and almost always dead-on.

When you sign up, you get an account manager who helps you through your implementation to suit your workflows.

The team actually listens to upgrade requests and bug reports. I know, because I see solutions implemented. Further, a member of the team usually contacts me to let me know my request was addressed and available in the software.

In addition to listening to upgrade requests and bug reports, the team actually seems happy that I contacted them with an issue. There appears to be a genuine desire to provide the best software and have the happiest group of clients on the planet, which speaks volumes as to the culture at LearnUpon. When your clients can see that you have a great culture, you are winning.

Cons

Support is via email. Sometimes it is time-consuming, or difficult, to communicate and resolve a problem in writing. That being said, I can always email my account manager for complex issues, who is happy to engage via a phone call; typically the same day.

Things you want aren't always discoverable on your own. I have often called in to ask about a feature and am told someone has to flip a switch to activate the option. While I understand that this procedure is to keep the software usable and protect us from ourselves, which I appreciate, I also like the freedom to explore a little more on my own. To be fair, I rarely have time to read the blog posts and other information from LearnUpon. Perhaps these features are mentioned in the blogs.

They do not offer an integrated Learning Record Store, so I haven't had the opportunity to use my xAPI data as robustly as I would like. I actually do not even know what I could do because I do not have a Learning Record Store to play with.

Alex A.

Stable, clean, and streams beautifully (even in Australia!)

Reviewed on 23/5/2016

In soliciting Capterra to help choose an LMS for my client, the main need was to stream SCORM mods globally in four countries. Many providers are US focused and can't deliver a seamless experience (dire experience with Litmos!) Migrating to LearnUpon has been effortless and with support in both hemispheres my client felt truly supported. LearnUpon has just the right amount of features for corporate training without all the unnecessary bells 'n whistles. However, more features are in the pipeline and in a matter of weeks a brand new sparkling UI (User Interface) will be launched which will afford a more natural, gamified experience. The system took a little while to get used to in terms of defining and setting up roles so am hoping the new UI will make it more obvious what the nuances are. A big issue we had was getting our articulate mods to be responsive which is not currently supported. Again, the new UI should make this more usable for mobile users.

Overall experience has been great and where we had issues or queries our Account Manager has bent over backwards to assist. Would highly recommend.