Kaseya VSA

3.5/5

Rj E.

Great Product

Reviewed on 25/1/2019

I have been using Kaseya VSA for about 10 years now. It has transformed my business. I travel less and less to clients sites and do most if not all work remotely for them. Their customer support is top notch and they work hard to help you. Their billing department could be improved, but they're working on it. They have Kaseya Connect every year in Las Vegas. I wish they would hold it somewhere other than casinos and strip clubs.

Kaseya is a must for your business. They can scale with you as you grow your business too.

Pros

Kaseya is awesome in the automation department. I am able to set scripts in place and have them run in the middle of the night. No more staying up after hours pushing out patches and fixes. I can set the patch management to scan for new updates, then push them out on a schedule that I determine.

Cons

The product works great on Windows machines, but updating a Mac can be tricky. I would like to see them move into the Android field more too. There are more and more Android devices coming into the work sphere that having an option to remotely fix androids would be great.

Andrey G.

increasing helpdesk staff productivity

Reviewed on 1/11/2019

-- Tactical Responsibilities
Use remote monitoring and management tool KASEYA to deliver pro-active remote support
Establish monitoring and maintenance necessary for new and existing clients
Monitors Server Windows Operating System performance and takes action to resolve problems
Monitors the Microsoft Exchange Service and resolved any issues regarding the email systems
Monitors Workstation Windows Operating System performance and escalate actions
Monitors network Devices status and performance and escalate actions
Monitors Storage Devices health and takes action to resolve problems
Monitors VMware Infrastructure performance and takes action to resolve problems
Prepare and present service and monitoring reports to management regularly
Documents problems and resolutions on production servers
Completes scheduled audits and provides reports to customers periodically

Pros

Kaseya is one of the best RMM (Remote Monitoring and Management) tools in the market
we have moved from REACTIVE to PROACTIVE and now we are moving to SERVICES
related to "Service Management Maturity model"
thanks to Kaseya we achieved
1. Analyze trends
2. Set thresholds
3. Predict problems
4. measure applications availability
5. Automate (highly appreciable when you handle hundreds of devices)
6. Mature Problem Configuration, change, asset and performance management
7. Increase Security in multiple layers
8. Manage the entire Windows updates process
9. Remote Control
10. Compliance and audit Reports

Cons

unfortunately using kaseya core modules, it is not stronger to manage network devices

ConnectWise Control

Reasons for Switching to Kaseya VSA

integration with internal and third party products
Alexander B.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

A powerful engine marred by lazy, ongoing GUI problems

Reviewed on 10/5/2019

We took on Kaseya largely for remote control of clients and Windows/Office patching. We quickly made use of its Agent Procedures and reports modules and then continued on, slowly integrating module after module.

Pros

Many powerful modules:
- I would not even consider Windows patching without Kaseya: it is granular, easy to use, pretty complete
- Agent Procedures and Policies allow enormous customization in what you can do - practically any script you can think of can potentially be run through here
- LiveConnect is smooth and fast and provides a wealth of tools
- Reports, Alerts, and Audit modules are clear (once understood) and provide tremendous detail and customization

Cons

Persistent, unfixed, obvious GUI issues spanning years and years after being reported:
- screens not refreshing;
- inconsistent filtering;
- misleading word choices in scheduling boxes;
- selecting multiple is a chore;
- "View" is powerful to *use* but clumsy and unwieldy to *manage/administer*

The way installation packages are created is terrible. If you have more than about a dozen OUs, you will see what I mean: you must create a new install package for each OU. We have 90. EVERY ONE OF THEM must be updated every time there is a new Kaseya client release (about four times a year). There should be one package that asks the user its OU based on a database that IT sets up.

Kaseya Anti-Virus and Kaseya Anti-Malware (which we used to use) frought with problems, in accurately reporting what was out there & in reliably installing or uininstalling packages. KAM in particular was so broken it caused us to dump the entire thing and switch to Webroot (though the Webroot integration module is a bad joke: it looks like an alpha product, nowhere near beta).

Patch rollback is difficult and usually impossible (though this may not be Kaseya's fault).

Jason A.

Quick Review

Reviewed on 13/8/2019

Overall Kaseya has helped our company grow as an MSP, I just wish they would spend more time with QA before releases and also concentrate resources on the VSA instead of the BMS.

Pros

Completely web based interface, no fat client needed to use or administer. OK, Integrations with other products that help in an MSP market.

Cons

QA on product releases are heavily rushed leading to incomplete new product releases filled with bugs.

ConnectWise Automate

Reasons for Switching to Kaseya VSA

Other products required Fat client to administer.
Hugh M.

Good Platform for MSP's

Reviewed on 31/1/2019

I would say our overall experience has been a 3/5, the alerts and information on agent workstations come in handy. The file transfer feature to and from agent systems crashed a few times in our early days when transferring between MacOS and Windows. The chat feature needs improving as although it opens a browser window it doesn't automatically go to the chat which can result in users on agent systems sometime closing window not knowing why it's opened. Would be nice if chat just opened up in a window directly. A mobile app has been promised from sometime now and would be really appreciated. Ease of deployment for windows is great, however it's best to wait a month or two before updating to the latest MacOS release as we've found the Kaseya agent isn't always updated at the time of MacOS new releases. We also love the feature to update the agent icon to our own branding, again this works great on Windows but found icon reverts to stock image on MacOS after a few reboots.

Pros

We have both Windows and Mac admins and the ability to be able to administer from both platforms was a key a factor in our decision to use Kaseya VSA for our MSP business.

Cons

Connecting to an agent desktops can be delayed, we sometimes found we had to close and reopen the live connect app multiple times to connect to a host. This however works a little better when trying to connect directly from a browser.

Racey C.

Have used Kaseya 7+ years. I can do more in Kaseya than if I'm physically seated at the...

Reviewed on 14/11/2017

Pros

I have logged, literally, thousands of hours in Kaseya. As stated above, I can do more in the VSA than if I'm in front of the PC. Hugely powerful. People ask me "So what kind of things have you done with Kaseya besides just remote into a desktop"? Then I give them a simple example, such as how I wrote a small agent procedure that allowed me to uninstall Office 2010, install Office 2013, and activate the product with a license key on more than 350 endpoints with (literally) three mouse clicks. And I did it with a 100% silent uninstall/install while the user was logged in and working. They had no idea anything was even happening with their workstation. Kaseya makes what could otherwise be a huge project super easy stuff. Kaseya is probably the most important force multiplier in my environment.

Cons

Identifying a con is tough. The only drawback I would point out is that for brand new users there can be quite a bit of learning curve when you delve into the really powerful features. For example, writing complex agent procedures takes experience. That being said, the initial basic use of the most common features is easy to pick up right away, so even the learning curve isn't a big deal. When you're ready to "do more" and invest the additional time to learn the more advanced features, they're there waiting for you. For basic help desk folks, they may never need to go beyond the surface features.

Matthew M.

A Review from a user and an administrator of the Kaseya VSA

Reviewed on 30/7/2019

Overall I (and our business) have a very positive experience with the Kaseya VSA in our day to day operations. The VSA allows us to centrally manage all of our customer remote operations including Endpoint Security, Backup of differing technologies, Patching, monitoring and remote access. The VSA also allows us to provide many of these same benefits to our customers which we support, enabling them to have a similar positive experience when needing to access their own systems.

Pros

I am most impressed by the functionality and ease of use of the Kaseya VSA for everyday operations, from the perspective of a managed services provider. Supporting our customers in a way that allows quick resolution of their issues is a driving force behind our software purchasing mandate, and the Kaseya VSA allows for this without being cumbersome to use.

Cons

My primary issue with the Kaseya VSA is around the licensing model. We run an on-premise VSA, but would prefer to have the flexibility of a monthly subscription service around our licensing as this is how our customers consume services in the cloud driven era we live in.

Geoff K.

POS Support Made Easy

Reviewed on 1/2/2019

We selected Kaseya because our retail locations run 'Peer-to-Peer' (IE no Active Directory). We found most of Kaseya's competitors required AD joined machines.
We were also looking for a solution that provided inventory, scripting, and remote access (RDP) to end-points. Kaseya has all of those in one package.

Pros

Pros: very reliable, any outages have been either due to general system maintenance or patching. Makes for a very effective and information rich support environment.

Cons

Patching: tried switching from Patch Management to Software Management, but found Software Management lacking in essential features such as ability to spec and set 'file source'. Also Software Management seemed to find relentless issues (excuses), all over the map, different in almost all cases, not to install patches. We have reverted to Patch Management.
Scripting: Kaseya is 32-bit. Most of our clients are 64-bit Windows 10. 64-bit registry is essentially out-of-reach for Kaseya scripting. The '64-bit' procedures provided simply do not work.

Michael W.

4 out of 5 - Customer Support needs improvement

Reviewed on 29/6/2016

Kaseya is the most powerful Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) software available on the market. It's easier to use than its competitors and it has the most robust Agent Procedure and scripting engine.

Pros

Automation
Fully Featured
Great integration

Cons

Customer support is terrible.
Purchasing new agent licenses is a pain in the butt. you have to contact a rep, they have to build a quote, you approve the quote, they send the request to tech to generate your licenses. now you have to pay them 3 time or 4 time a month for multiple agreements.

They should have a shopping cart, that auto-generates the licenses, or better yet, an unlimited pay for what you use model.

Mark W.

Reviewed on 26/8/2019

Their tech support was very helpful in helping me to get it up and running initially. Overall I would recommend it to a MSP or IT director with a lot of computers and/or branch offices.

Pros

Kaseya VSA is very powerful and makes managing large groups of computers much easier. There are a number of different tools that allow remote control, remote task management, event monitoring, alarms, inventory and auditing, software inventory, push programs and patches and more. It's been around for quite a few years and is a leader in the MSP arena. I have the on-premises version and run it off of a local web server.

Cons

It's a little tricky getting it setup initially. I think the Cloud version would be much easier to implement but I opted for the on-prem version because it had a few more extra features and was less expensive.

Mike C.

Long term user, very happy with progress of the product

Reviewed on 19/4/2018

Flexibility, control and strong management capabilities.

Pros

Policy Management has been a big change to the way settings are enforced and monitored. Ease of use with KRC and LiveConnect Extensions has given our level 1 techs faster resolution times. The product has come a long way with integrations and the new Webroot integration is the easiest deployment of AV I've ever seen from Kaseya. Warranty Master is also a very useful integration.

Cons

There is a massive learning curve for my developers understanding some of the procedure development methods. It's very powerful but sometimes counter-intuitive for people with a background in common languages. Some settings that you would think would be under a certain module are hidden in other locations, but that's understandable given the development changes.

Joe O.
  • Industry: Accounting

Great software for our IT department. Increased productivity by 100%

Reviewed on 16/11/2017

Helps my IT staff with their day to day work making them more productive

Pros

Easy to use and very reliable. Love the remote access tools to keep track of all the systems in the office. Weather it be patch management, cloud backup. deploying software or just remote desktop support Kaseya has it all! If my user base is in or out of the office at a client site, Kaseya is there to help manage their computers with just a click!

Cons

Kaseya support is sometimes slow to respond and resolve tickets at times. I'm not sure if its a language barrier, or maybe I am just not explaining the issues clearly it usually takes a few attempts over a couple of days to get a resolution to an issue,

Lynn S.

Managed Service Provider Review

Reviewed on 14/6/2018

Nice to have the automation so I don't have to higher staff to due work that can be automated and repeated consistently.

Pros

It is a extremely flexible product, which allows you to make your own end point management tools, but you can also buy the scripts too. Lots of bolt-ons, so you can add as you grow your MSP.

Cons

Needs a bit of work on the remote control tool as it has limited tools on the remote control screen, but then you have to open another management tool for advanced functions. I would also like to see the permission cleaned up as you have to login to see what restricted users can see...not labeled well

Nick L.

Kaseya

Reviewed on 20/5/2019

Pros

Centralised platform, easy to use, easy to manage

Cons

needs a more robust quality management regime.

ConnectWise Manage

Customer Choice.
Jul D.

VSA really help our business to grow as MSP

Reviewed on 21/11/2017

Pros

features, easy to deploy & keep updated technology. Live connect, remote access & remote control so light and almost seamless experience considering in Indonesia internet infrastructure is challenging. IT Automation best practice using Kaseya VSA is the most powerful selling point to the market. Minimum functionality to managed IT System management & automation in the business are there.

Cons

MDM features should be improved. We are expected for software metering features will be available as part of Kaseya VSA. We need for MSP business model using Kaseya best practice.

Mike C.

RMM is Table Stakes Today!

Reviewed on 5/12/2016

I've been in the IT services industry for 17 years. I've tried or used just about every tool under the sun. While Kaseya VSA isn't the prettiest (today), it is best in class. One of the strongest features is the newest update to LiveConnect (remote control). LiveConnect is very fast and provides access to a host of features and tools with no user interruptions. The release of the Automation Exchange has been a boon to our technical resources as well. Kaseya has come a long way on the integration front as well, adding new and useful plug-ins on a regular basis.

Pros

LiveConnect, plug-ins, Automation Exchange.

Cons

Support could be quicker at times, but adding the telephone option has been good

Trent W.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Kaseya - Building your MSP

Reviewed on 5/8/2019

Kaseya provides us the ability to report on customer environments and also support them remotely via the Remote Connect.

Pros

Fantastic product that provides the ability to securely manage and monitor your managed service customers. We integrate Kaseya with IT Glue to give our MSA customers the peace of mind that their environment is not only easy to manage but is fully documented. Kaseya has helped us confidently grow our MSA business.

Cons

Outdated Interface, Clunky reporting functionality

It ain't perfect but...

Reviewed on 20/12/2019

It's the best remoting tool and inventory control I've seen. You could complain about somethings, but you can't suggest a better product.

Pros

I really like the "remote viewer" features when you're controlling another machine. Being able to lock out the local controls (or the screen, when necessary) is divine, after using a similar program that lacked such features.

Cons

Updating the software on the vsa server is sometimes cumbersome. Luckily support was up to the task!

Alwyn D.

VSA Review

Reviewed on 5/8/2019

Kaseya's products are great. I wish however their support and accounts departments were more aligned.

Pros

The features and options and the customizability there of.

Cons

The lack in support.
Best practice baseline config.

Andy D.
  • Industry: Computer Networking

Kaseya wins the award for worst support in any software I've ever used

Reviewed on 27/2/2020

embarrassingly disappointing

Pros

The software is actually quite good when it works properly.
It has a huge amount of features.

Cons

Kaseya support is terrible, I mean really terrible.
I think they only have one level 2 technician because the same guy gets back to me when the first guys can't fix it.
First point of support is guys in India with no idea of manners and very little training on Kaseya.
I currently have tickets open weeks and some for months.
I have been in IT for 16 years and never experienced such dreadful support.

Mark W.

Reviewed on 28/1/2019

I can maintain and manage all of our computer assets, generate countless reports and keep track of incident tickets.

Pros

There are many powerful tools in Kaseya. The feature I like the best is the Live Connect tool. It allows you to instantaly see running processes, conduct file transfers and remotely control another machine.

Cons

Getting it set up can be very challenging, especially if self-hosting it.

Lokesh D.

Kaseya helped me to manage all my customer's asset under single tool.

Reviewed on 11/4/2018

Central Management of all the assets and remote support

Pros

Live Connect, we were able to get the insight of the machines without logging into the machine and complete most of our tasks. Centralized patch management and asset audit with automated monthly reports.

Cons

Chat feature is not upto the mark, customizing a report is not user friendly, patch management is still having issues, there is no time based password generation for the technician to login the server. doesn't reads the backup details of third party backup softwares like veeam, shadow protect.

Matt C.
  • Industry: Information Services

Good

Reviewed on 17/11/2017

An all in one solution ready to go. The customer service was good and quick to respond, but not always easy to understand.

Pros

Overall, good, lots of features and most of it is easy to use. We use this software to push out updates, patches, and manager our anti-virus.

Cons

The viewer for remote desktop updates almost daily!!! We are forced to update it and run it every time we want to RD someone.

Simon M.
  • Industry: Farming

It Just works

Reviewed on 24/7/2019

Pros

It just works whenever I need to connect to a users PC it never lets me down.
Very powerful scripts and allows me to control Windows Updates easily

Cons

Its so big and so advanced it can be difficult sometimes to know where to go to setup things

Jared D.
  • Industry: Oil & Energy

Reviewed on 25/1/2019

Automate A/V and A/M roll out and easy remote access.

Pros

I like 1 pane of glass to access everything.

Cons

I wish there was free continued education or free system optimization offerings from Kaseya