Nutshell

CRM and email marketing that helps your business grow.

4.2 /5 (357 reviews) Write a Review!

Marilyn H.

Bang for your Buck

Reviewed on 5/3/2020

Great! It helps the team stay on track whether it's sales or implementation.

Pros

Reporting and filtering reports.
Keeping a track record of our leads.

Cons

Have to move over to pro to get more then one sales process. Pro is so expensive.

Madalynn P.

An Elegant Yet Powerful CRM

Reviewed on 24/10/2019

We are now better organized with our sales process and are more collaborative. This allows us to keep our important information in one place that is easy to use and work as a team to get things done!

Pros

I love the filtering ability with our companies and people lists. It allows us to really drill down and get the exact metrics we want. We are better able to see a lot of information at a glance in a dynamic way.

Cons

I would love more options when emailing groups of people in the system. Currently, I need to only use templates when emailing groups and I would like to be able to type out the email in one shot instead.

Greg W.

Nutshell VS Act

Reviewed on 8/1/2021

Pros

I was an ACT user for 10+ years and when they went to an cloud solution the product because so slow and crappy I had to make a switch. Testes and used many programs and landed on Nutshell. Great product & great support!

Cons

The process of a lead and a person a little confusing at 1st.

Mike N.

Nutshell was provided to me my boss to help track and organize sales calls.

Reviewed on 8/5/2017

Pros

I like that it holds all the information for my accounts and that I can set reminders for phone calls.

Cons

I wish everything on the lead for a shop page showed up on the store page, i'm always having to flip from page to page to get a name and it seems redundant and time consuming to re input that information everytime I start a new lead when I just put it on the store page. Same with logged activities, I often have an activity on an account and then I have to put one on the lead I wish the activity showed up on both. For my use all calls are for the same purpose and it doesn't make sense to have two places to put independent activities. This creates a sense of Deja Vu or worse I call someone a second time and don't realize until they pick up which hurts my cause. I don't like that I have to assign a time to a phone call, my days are hectic and I can't keep to a strict schedule so things slip into unlogged activities and go missed and my day seems way more hectic than it is. I wish it was just a daily list so I could let my day evolve, I also do CS and warranty at my job so this time stamp constantly makes me feel behind the gun and I spend a lot of time just updated and re-organizing nutshell, time that I should be spending selling.

Response from Nutshell

Hi Mike,

We appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback- I sense your frustration and perhaps there is something that one of our customer service reps can help you with as far as logging leads, activities etc. I will have someone reach out to you directly. Thank you for being a part of the Nutshell community.

John G.
  • Industry: Accounting

A Full Featured Sales CRM

Reviewed on 2/7/2020

Our sales staff was apprehensive at first as there were lots of bells & whistles and a little worn out with the previous jumps from one CRM to the other. But within two weeks everyone fell in love with Nutshell and completely on board significantly contributing to an increased close ratio.

Pros

This CRM walks the less experienced sales rep through the entire sales process even recommending when to follow up even suggesting additional steps should be taken to get to the close. Upon close it automatically updates the customer database and the task management features facilitate the onboarding process. It also has a neat "Click-to-Call" feature that calls and optionally records directly from your prospect list providing an excellent sales training vehicle.

Cons

We would like to have seen the developers respond more quickly to feature suggestions but as a Sales CRM it is untouchable.

Daniel S.

User friendly product that has helped our company grow and transcend our industry.

Reviewed on 8/5/2017

Nutshell allows a very small company like ours to manage all of our leads and clients in a manner that would be quite challenging without the software. We are a very unique business in a niche industry and Nutshell adapts very well to our needs.

Pros

It is pretty easy to get up to speed with the software which has been a nice feature for our organization as we've had multiple people needing to use Nutshell...the reporting and tags have been really helpful..I run a lot of custom reports and using the tag feature on a daily basis.

Cons

It has been challenging to be able to connect with support staff about a technical issue. About a year ago, I really enjoyed being able to message with support staff if I had a question..now it seems like I have to wait a day or two for an automated email reply with some links to some possibly related topics of interest.. my questions can be fairly technical and multi-faceted where either use of messaging or simply talking to another human would be more beneficial.

Michelle M.

I set everything up, make any adjustments, and train our end users

Reviewed on 8/5/2017

Easy to track our contacts and sales leads. Great tool for management.

Pros

I really like the ease of use. It's very simplistic but a lot can be done with it. The program is pretty user friendly. Each user is able to customize their own views. Also, the customer service has been great. Not only are they quick to respond, but it's nice to know they take their users' suggestions and implement them if they are an improvement to the product.

Cons

Probably my one complaint would be that if you choose 'phone number' as one of your columns to display, it chooses the first number under that profile which could be a fax number or mobile number and then the display simply shows up as 'phone number'. It would be nice to be able to choose to show the different kinds of phone numbers.

Response from Nutshell

Hi Michelle,

Thank you for your comments. We do take our customers' feedback very seriously - as we are here to help you all!

To address the phone number issue you mentioned; you are able to appoint which phone number is displayed in the list view. If there are multiple numbers associated with the contact, simply star the one you wish to be the default. If you have trouble with this, please contact our support team who will be happy to help you!

Asya

Mitch P.

Nutshell - More Good than Bad

Reviewed on 7/7/2016

Used Nutshell for 2 years .. .... ..... ... .managing daily sales processes and contacts.

Pros

Keep track of daily follow ups - and record entire history with contacts. Basic CRM stuff it does well.

Cons

1. Where did the Gmail Gadget go? This was the best feature and now it's gone. :(
2. The relationship between the Lead and the Customer can be confusing...
3. Reporting for specific items can be challenging as well.

Response from Nutshell

Mitch,

Thanks for the review! We've been working directly with Google to get the Gmail Gadget back online. Unfortunately, this was an issue on their end and completely out of our hands ¿ it affected a good number of other products, as well.

As of today, the gadget is back online. You can read a few more details at: http://status.nutshell.com/incidents/3l9j5sdbjplx

Thanks so much for using Nutshell. We've got some exciting improvements to reporting under development. Can't wait to show them off!

Andy Fowler

Alice B.

We have used Nutshell to keep track of our contacts & leads since around 2013

Reviewed on 8/5/2017

Pros

- Straightforward interface; easy to train new people
- The ability to import emails via "[email protected]" to keep track of conversations and relationships across many offices
- Easy to bulk upload or update contacts or companies with tags
- Thoughtful reports
- Generally responsive customer support team
- The 'merge duplicates' feature is very helpful

Cons

- We have leads open in 2+ currencies and for a while now, the reports have not been converting the amounts into one estimated total in a single currency correctly -- therefore, instead of using the (nice!) built in reports, I am still having to export all the data and do the conversion myself and create the reports again in Excel. If this bug were fixed we would definitely use the reporting feature more often!

Steven S.

Fantastic small/medium-sized-biz CRM

Reviewed on 17/11/2017

New sales people are able to jump right in with minimal training. Workflows are customizable, and tracking prospect information is a breeze.

Pros

Nutshell has been great for our software firm as it grew from a startup to a mid-market company. Nutshell is very similar to us in age, culture, feature philosophy, etc. so I always enjoy interacting with the team. The Support (via chat and email) is excellent and they are always willing to hear new feature ideas and requests. The affordability makes it a great first CRM for new and small businesses.

Cons

Importing can sometimes result in a lot of duplicate leads, so data cleanliness becomes a bit of an issue as you grow. Reporting has some room to grow but it's not too bad right now.

Meredith L.

We have used Nutshell with great success. It's a fantastic, user-friendly CRM.

Reviewed on 7/5/2017

Nutshell has been instrumental in growing the business from a start-up to a team of 8 in 18 months. Nutshell's flexibility, reasonable cost, and customizable sales processes all contributed to our growth. I'd even go so far as to say this CRM shaped the way we do business and think about sales.

Pros

Nutshell has everything that's really necessary without requiring a lot of time-stinking busywork. It works well for one person, semi-independent collaboration, and for teams. Also has great integrations, but probably its best feature is its flexibility.

Cons

I wish we did not have to visit setup to create a new product and then go back to the lead to add it. All our leads require products and all the products are one of a kind, so it's the only hiccup in an otherwise completely smooth process.

Response from Nutshell

Meredith,

Wow, we are so happy to have helped you along the way! Thank you for being a Nutshell customer, we are excited to continue growing with you!

Asya

Chris S.
  • Industry: Medical Devices

Positive, but we under-utilise nutshells capabilities

Reviewed on 8/5/2017

Simple to implement. Cost effective.

Pros

Simple to use ie simpler to TRAIN reps, simpler for them to adopt. Flexibility - so one person can be attached to different products and leads and accounts. Can lift out lists for marketing easily.

You are a small responsive independent company.

Cons

There is no easy way to manage accounts. Much of our revenue comes from recurring revenues from customers. We need to be able to develop customers. So selling more product to a customer (either new products same customer or increased use of product). Nutshell doesn't allow us to manage these "accounts" very well. To do this really well you'd need to use your open APIs to tie into our accounts package.

Training and support sucks. We are on Australian time zone, and you guys are always shut when you need it. REALLY need good training programs.

Nobody has heard of nutshell! Its a well kept secret strong product.

You recently increased fees...are you trying to become another salesforce.rob.your.users or is it a 1-off?

Tina L.

Our experience with Nutshell has been extremely positive. The ease of use is exactly what we...

Reviewed on 8/5/2017

Ability to track and organize all aspects of our member company portfolio including activities, contact via email, in person and follow up. Makes my job much easier!

Reporting abilities
Tracking and ability to customize what we need for our business model
The ability to manage and update our member company portfolio in one place

Cons

Only con is the inability to remove someone (a contact) from a specific company they are linked to without entirely deleting them.

Response from Nutshell

Hi Tina!

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Good news, you can remove a contact from a specific company without deleting the contact. You can either go to the person page and remove the company or go to the company page and remove the person from the company. In both cases, the contact still exists but is no longer linked to the company. Please feel free to call our customer support team and they can walk you through the steps.

Jerome P.

Very helpful tool!

Reviewed on 27/1/2020

Losing track of where we are with customers/venders/sales in general was killing our company. With using Nutshell we have been able to get our sales team on track. Our sales team has a good comfort zone with Nutshell
Our experience with Nutshell has been very positive and was easy to implement!!

Pros

What I like most about Nutshell is the ease of use. From a sales team with varied computer skills (beginner to programmers) We can all be on the same page. Which is to stay involved with our customers.

Cons

The raw, raw when you get a sale.... Don't know that it is needed for an older sales staff.

Doug T.
  • Industry: Defense & Space

Nutshell is a valuable part of our sales operation and ideally suited for our $20M small...

Reviewed on 8/5/2017

Major improvement in the organization of our sales pursuits and shared customer database.

Pros

Ease of use. We introduced Nutshell about 1.5years ago to a team of 10 that had largely not used CRM systems in their careers. The adoption was quick and painless and now everyone is using it daily to manage all customers and leads. The importance of sharing all this information across the team, with such ease, is well recognized.

Cons

It has some limits on how you can format fields and customize their display. However, this has not really been a problem to our operation. I would also like it to send my schedule reminders to me through pop up alerts rather than me having to go to the dashboard.

Bruce M.
  • Industry: Wholesale

If I have an issue, Nutshell doesn't stop trying until it is fixed.

Reviewed on 8/5/2017

The ability to keep tabs on customer interaction.

Pros

The way that it tracks everything in a customer's file. Every action (as long as it is entered in Nutshell) is tracked by date.

Cons

There is no way that I am aware of to do a keyword search. For example, if I know I talked with a customer about buying balloons, there is no way to do a search for "balloons" and find out what date that was that I talked to him. This feature would make Nutshell nearly perfect for me.

Simone C.
  • Industry: Photography

Easy to learn and use

Reviewed on 9/5/2017

Proper management of leads and companies across users.
A total and functional company monitoring.
A proper customer management

Pros

Advanced search with tag EXCLUSION in filters
Periodically send reports in email as pdf (eg: like Google Analytics)

Cons

Leads are not assigned directly to the owner of the company: I must reassign manually every time.
In Company window I like view annual leads amount, and not total lead amount.

Response from Nutshell

Hi SImone,

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts. Attaching leads to company owner is a valid request and I will include this on my feature list.

We appreciate you being part of the Nutshell community.

Nicole D.
  • Industry: Accounting

I don't use a lot of the features, I just simply write notes about customers.

Reviewed on 8/5/2017

It stores information about my clients. (Though it's not easy to get or use that information later on.)

Pros

I like that's it's web based, and that it can store information about my clients. That's really about it.

Cons

I dislike very much that I cannot search using CTRL + F for stuff on a clients page. I'll have a lot to look though and I'll want to search for a specific word, say "lunch" or "meeting." I cannot search for these words. Instead it just pulls up the search bar for people. Very unuseful for a CRM....

I really hate that when I do search, it rarely finds me what I need, and almost never quickly. It's difficult to find phone numbers, if I search someone's name, it'll pull up everyone's not CLOSE to what I'm search for, but somehow not the specific person....

My daily tasks somehow get clogged by what is in the leads... perhaps there's a way around this, but I haven't found it yet. I can't really rely on tasks or to-dos with Nutshell, so I use Trello for that.

I can mostly use Nutshell for just storing stuff about my clients, and even then finding that information months later is not very easy, frustrating and not very helpful.

Response from Nutshell

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your frustrations about search. I have added this info to my product list and we will discuss it internally. We appreciate you being a Nutshell customer.

• Industry: Telecommunications

NutShell - Best in class CRM

Reviewed on 20/11/2018

I use it daily for my CRM and will not use anyone else's.

Pros

What is there not to like! Ease of use. Easily integrates with a slew of other software and GMAIL to pull in your records. Follow-up with cards like Trello to follow through on deals. Support - again best in class. Mobile APP ... OMG!

Cons

Really - I have no cons. They actually listen to the community for ideas

Dillon S.

Great way to manage and stay on top of leads and contacts!

Reviewed on 8/5/2017

Pros

I like the ability to record/track activity with everyone so that we can pull reports to help manage everyones leads.

Cons

I feel as if there are a lot of features that are offered that I am unsure on how to use. I plan on getting in contact with Sarah Brigham this week to fully understand the capabilities so that we can use Nutshell to the best of our ability!

Response from Nutshell

Hi Dillon,

Sarah's looking forward to your call!

Daniel D.

Good working CRM software

Reviewed on 12/5/2017

Pros

Connection to Gmail via the Plugin. Inside the system.

Cons

Tasks and ToDos in the Dashboard view do not update in the list once they are updated in the task / todo

Sometimes the Gmail PlugIn does not recognize a contact so you cannot connect the mail

Response from Nutshell

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for taking the time to provide us feedback. We will investigate the gmail plug-in/mail/contact issue you described. We are happy you are part of the Nutshell community.

Craig C.

Nutshell in a nutshell

Reviewed on 7/7/2016

I have used Act, Goldmine and Salesforce in the past. I have found that Nutshell was the easiest to get started with and to set up custom fields. I would recommend Nutshell to others that are interested in an easy to learn and navigate CRM.

Pros

On my windows based devices it works almost flawlessly.

Cons

It is a complete failure on the Ipad.

Gayane G.
  • Industry: Insurance

excellent. Awesome and very helpful. This program is very helpful to keep my client on truck....

Reviewed on 8/5/2017

Pros

everything is perfect. I can put my clients information fallow up with them and keep it in track and always can fallow up

Cons

everything is perfect. there is nothing I don't like and I am very happy to have Nutshell. This program is very helpful

Response from Nutshell

Thanks for the great review Gayane! We really appreciate your support.

Jennifer P.

One Nutshell lover here!

Reviewed on 7/7/2016

I have loved using Nutshell since we got it a few years ago. I particularly enjoy the support team. They are always incredibly helpful and I feel like my feedback is taken seriously and considered. They are also quick to respond and very friendly.

Pros

I like that it sends email notifications, has an API that we can use, allows for custom fields, can track emails, and manages scheduling.

Cons

It doesn't incorporate into many other systems. We have mostly switched to using Hubspot because Hubspot has everything together. We are trying to track leads from their point of origin through to the sale and beyond and Hubspot seems to do that the best. I guess we kind of grew out of Nutshell. I believe other portions of our company are still using it though.

Deniz D.
  • Industry: Wholesale

Definite improvement in our work flow but definitely costly

Reviewed on 7/5/2017

Pros

The UI is quite nice and easy to navigate. It's generally a "fun" program to get your sales people to use on a daily basis ie. something they want to come back to and actually use. But it also has a lot of weight and depth to it in it's back end.

Cons

the cost. It's really expensive and becomes quite cost prohibitive the more users you add. It's had us thinking of switching recently.

Response from Nutshell

HI Deniz,

Thanks so much for your feedback! We are super pleased that you find Nutshell fun and easy to navigate. I hear your concern on price- we definitely try to remain lower than many of our close competitors. Thanks for being a part of the Nutshell community