Nutshell Reviews

Nutshell

Write a Review!
CRM and email marketing that helps your business grow.

4.0/5

François
François

Perfect CRM for service companies for B2B

Reviewed on 3/7/2023

Easy to implement, with loads of tailor-made features for Small or medium-sized businesses. The connection to Outlook is good!

Pros

The list of functionality is impressive and very easy to learn, customize and implement. Customize list, merge contacts or companies, and the reporting features were all great ones for software at this price

Cons

Some of the reporting is limited, but it is still better than most we have tried, Also, the interface is not the sexiest around, but it does the job.

Dynamics 365, Salesforce Sales Cloud and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Nutshell

The price versus quality was much better with Nushell. And the B2B sales features that allowed us to serve individual customers were also solid.
Christine

Long Time User

Reviewed on 5/9/2023

Excellent. They are reachable, option to suggestion, and over the 4 years I have used it they have added many of the features I have asked for; as I'm sure I wasn't the only one requesting them. This demonstrates a company that listens to it's users.

Pros

I was tasked with finding a CRM and did extensive research. I chose Nutshell and have never looked back. This CRM is super user friendly and easy to train sales people who are usually up and running within 30 minutes. This is NOT Salesforce - no degree required to use it! lolI love Nutshell so much, that I recommend it to my other customers who retain me to manage their marketing. I have over 6 customers using Nutshell and they are all happy with the product!

Cons

There are a few features I would like to see added... when "starring" the main contact within the company filed- that information should bleed through to the lead, or at least have the same option available within the lead. That same "starred" contact should move to the 1st place in the contact list.

nicole
  • Industry: Accounting

I don't use a lot of the features, I just simply write notes about customers.

Reviewed on 8/5/2017

It stores information about my clients. (Though it's not easy to get or use that information later on.)

Pros

I like that's it's web based, and that it can store information about my clients. That's really about it.

Cons

I dislike very much that I cannot search using CTRL + F for stuff on a clients page. I'll have a lot to look though and I'll want to search for a specific word, say "lunch" or "meeting." I cannot search for these words. Instead it just pulls up the search bar for people. Very unuseful for a CRM....

I really hate that when I do search, it rarely finds me what I need, and almost never quickly. It's difficult to find phone numbers, if I search someone's name, it'll pull up everyone's not CLOSE to what I'm search for, but somehow not the specific person....

My daily tasks somehow get clogged by what is in the leads... perhaps there's a way around this, but I haven't found it yet. I can't really rely on tasks or to-dos with Nutshell, so I use Trello for that.

I can mostly use Nutshell for just storing stuff about my clients, and even then finding that information months later is not very easy, frustrating and not very helpful.

Response from Nutshell

Hi Nicole,

Thank you for your feedback and for sharing your frustrations about search. I have added this info to my product list and we will discuss it internally. We appreciate you being a Nutshell customer.

Amanda

Kandace

The ease of use

Reviewed on 13/2/2024

Pros

It's super easy to use. Anytime I get calls in the service area, I'm able to check status by notes in Nutshell.

Cons

I don't have anything I least liked about Nutshell. Nutshell provides everything that I need.

Response from Nutshell

Thank you for your review, Kandace! We're glad you're enjoying using Nutshell and finding it valuable!

Best,
Jewell from Nutshell

Andrew

Best Value for the Money; Don't Have to Sacrifice Much; Perfect for small up to medium size co.

Reviewed on 3/7/2023

I've used Nutshell for 10+ years and I've also got three of my consulting clients to start using it. Everyone is very happy. The biggest challenge is not getting people to use Nutshell, it's getting people to use a CRM at all. It's getting them to stop their chaotic disorganized habits and come together to bring all our critical information into one place. We also just started using it for sales tracking and license renewals and it's turning out to be very functional and flexible for that too.

Pros

Easy and simple to set up and maintain. Very powerful and effective in turning our chaotic spreadsheets and inconsistent behaviors into a well-oiled machine.

Cons

Some of the UI details are not intuitive. We would like more robust forms for capturing leads and customer intent.

Pipeline CRM, SugarCRM, HubSpot Sales Hub and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Nutshell

Nutshell was superior for the money and seemed to have all the tools we needed. Hubspot was much more expensive and seemed much harder to use. We didn't need all the bells and whistles which just made it harder to use.
  • Industry: Warehousing

Awesome CRM for our team!

Reviewed on 8/8/2023

Overall we've been satisfied with Nutshell for years now, it works great for our team and anytime updates and changes are announced they are always even better. The support team really makes a difference too!

Pros

Integration and onboarding were easy and quick, so many great features for our sales and marketing teams, task setting and email integration are great!

Cons

We really don't have negative feedback for Nutshell, there are some features we don't use but not because they are difficult to use, just not necessary for our business.

Zoho Desk, Salesforce Sales Cloud, monday.com and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Choosing Nutshell

The Big Contacts CRM was super outdated and did not integrate with any other systems we were using at the time.

Reasons for Switching to Nutshell

Cost, support team and integrations. We really liked the layout of the platform and the clarity on making notes, setting tasks, etc.
Rashid
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Nutshell product review

Reviewed on 15/6/2022

I have used a number of different systems including Zoho, Hubspot, Pipedrive. I like Nutshell's flexibility and ease of use.

Pros

Tags - are the most used feature - so I can easily segment lists. The ability to sort with multiple tags. Easy importing from a spreadsheet.

Cons

Having to add a tag into the system BEFORE uploading a contact spreadsheet. If the tag doesn't already exist - the import fails. Which is an extra step and a waste of time.

HubSpot Marketing Hub and Pipedrive

Reasons for Choosing Nutshell

Highrise was no longer in development - or being supported.

Reasons for Switching to Nutshell

Price and ease of use. Pipedrive misses a number of features like Tags
Aman Preet
Aman Preet
  • Industry: Biotechnology

Pros and cons of Nutshell

Reviewed on 17/2/2023

Overall experience has been fine and easy going with Nutshell as it provides everything that we required from requirements stand point also mainly about sales pipeline management functionality.

Pros

The most useful feature of Nutshell is the sales pipeline management where it managed every complex and monotonous stage of sales that in turn also provide analytics and reporting functionality for research purpose and presentation for the stakeholders.

Cons

When it comes to documents storage then there are lot of improvement required as the platform involved in holding the document is fishy and complex to deal with.

Copper

Reasons for Choosing Nutshell

Doesn't matched with the current requirements and current budgets that could have passed from the audit team

Freshsales and Zendesk Sell

Jean-Marie

Perfect solution for startups

Reviewed on 9/1/2021

Everything was really great. From the sales, through deployment, and ongoing support.

Pros

Ease of use, easy integration, great customer support, easy to learn and solid documentation, and many more.

Cons

Some features need improvement or expansion but our rep told us all the ones we asked about are already in their production queue.

Alain

Good web version but android app sucks !

Reviewed on 8/9/2023

Pros

easy to use, the basic web version is not expensive for the features

Cons

no upgrade to the mobile app (android) since more than 3 years : It is used only to read some limited data. Our sales people are on the road so it is becoming a challenge. We now think to quit Nutshell

John
  • Industry: Machinery

Excellent CRM for our Niche Application - Best of Multiple Reviewed/Used

Reviewed on 27/6/2022

Excellent! The customer service has been responsive and the system has been 100% reliable.

Pros

Barrier to entry was low with minimal upfront cost needed to evaluate the software. Ease of use for a small company with minimal resources to devote to developing, executing, and maintaining the system.

Cons

So far the only con that we have experienced has been in the reporting functions. This could be a by-product of our unique needs or our lack of resources available to investigate it further. It does seem limited compared to Salesforce.

Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing Nutshell

Cost. Ease of implementation and end user usage.

Salesforce Sales Cloud
Thomas
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion

Nutshell gives our business the power to grow in a controlled way.

Reviewed on 16/10/2023

Pros

Gmail integration. Easy to set up and easy to stay on top of.

Cons

There is nothing I dislike. I did give feedback for improvements and these were listened to and implemented.

Salesforce Sales Cloud and HubSpot CRM

Reasons for Switching to Nutshell

Easy to use. The core functionality as a CRM is close to perfect for us.
Jim
  • Industry: Automotive

Nutshell in a Nutshell

Reviewed on 10/10/2023

At first, I thought it was "clunky" but over time, and some super cool changes have actually helped me be MORE detailed. I would like to be able to run reports on customers, Not on sales necessarily...But on simple account activity.

Pros

I can dump tons of data into the CRM, which I do for each customer. If I work on something that ends up going to anther salesperson, I can already have TDS and SDS information. Visit notes, I can make changes to contacts within a customer in seconds. The world changes quickly, and Nutshell lets me change with it.

Cons

Leads is convoluted. Each sales person does things differently. For example. I sell Industrial. Many times my sales cycle can be two years long. I have trials and approvals to get from Engineers, Maintenance staff, and sometimes plant managers. Where a Fuel sales guy just quotes total gallons at a certain price, my job is highly detailed, constantly changes, So my leads don't fit into Nutshell very well at all. I struggle with the leads funnel. (It makes me look inefficient) I do not like the sales portion of Nutshell at all.

Michael
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Works well for mobile lead tracking

Reviewed on 11/8/2023

The application is very easy to learn for new employees and retrieves data quickly on the desktop and mobile version.

Pros

The desktop reporting functions are very fast and help us to generate ad-hoc insight into our sales. Competing products tend to take several minutes to generate reports.

Cons

The mobile Sales Analytics generates reports on a 30-day window as opposed to a month-to-date view. This means that we have to use the desktop reporting to get accurate numbers.

Sara

I used to sell CRM and Nutshell is a fantastic value with great features

Reviewed on 10/10/2023

Our team is extremely happy with Nutshell. I sold CRM for 6 years before coming to this company and right before using Nutshell. I have been pleasantly surprised by the platform. I have used Sales Force and many other CRMS that can be overkill in features and size for a small team. We are 60 employee company with only a handful of users in Nutshell. For a small team, this tool has been perfect for us.

Pros

I love the ease of use. Intuitive UI. They launch new features and improve existing ones.

Cons

It has been really difficult to manage duplicates. Lots of dups are created instead of updated. Dups are also suggested when they are no where close to being the same.

Stacey
  • Industry: Fund-Raising

Nutshell's CRM: A Small Business Lifeline

Reviewed on 18/5/2022

I didn't have a business process until I started working with Nutshell. I had a pile of handwritten notes on my desk calendar and loads of sticky notes on the perimeter of my monitor. Learning my way around a CRM for the first time was intimidating, yet I was able to talk with actual humans when I got stuck, and watch tutorial videos that explained what I wanted to learn. I now put everything I need to know about a client into Nutshell, trusting the process and grateful for the customization and flexibility as my company grows.

Pros

It's designed for super easy customization for what I do, and I lean hard on this feature! I also love how the Dashboard feature is set up, allowing me to see at a glance which activities should be tackled each day, and when I've scheduled future to-dos. Nutshell's approach feels like 'the little guy' was thoughtfully considered--and that's me!

Cons

I have a tough time with my leads fields frequently reverting back to the default setting that shows all fields, not just the 4 custom ones I've created. This is more of a tech issue, not really a dislike of Nutshell in general.

Tiffany
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Pleased with Nutshell

Reviewed on 22/1/2021

The support team is knowledgeable, responsive, cares about your issues and has proactive training available for users.

Pros

visually organized and logical data entry screen. Functionality is there to build as robust or simple as the company needs/wants.

Cons

It is very easy to self-build an inefficient architecture. Data uploads can be catastrophic if not done correctly. I think more training on set up, warnings issued at set up and common pitfalls at set up would avoid harmful bulk uploads making irreversible upload mistakes.

Rob

Generally good, but with some really messy issues

Reviewed on 7/5/2017

Pros

We love process management with Nutshell. It helps with our initial sales/setup process, and is very customizable. Nutshell is also fairly logical in its approach to content and is visually appealing.

Cons

We find it is a little too oriented towards "pure" sales teams (we have mixed teams with product, customer service, sales, etc all done by the same groups of people).

Mostly, though, we find there are really small but highly irritating bugs or issues. For example, If I start typing a reply to a message that shows up in Nutshell and then click to show more details on the original message, my reply disappears.

Another example is that we also see some messiness in how to-dos are handled they show up in my list to-do list even though the step isn't active, or they persist after the lead is closed. Email notifications are spotty or not ideally timed. I provided feedback on this some time ago, but I don't think correcting that is particularly high on the improvements list.

A third example is that we work with a number of businesses that have different regional units Nutshell has no support for this, so it is hard to keep our companies list clean. We have lots of duplicate companies.

Daniel

User friendly product that has helped our company grow and transcend our industry.

Reviewed on 8/5/2017

Nutshell allows a very small company like ours to manage all of our leads and clients in a manner that would be quite challenging without the software. We are a very unique business in a niche industry and Nutshell adapts very well to our needs.

Pros

It is pretty easy to get up to speed with the software which has been a nice feature for our organization as we've had multiple people needing to use Nutshell...the reporting and tags have been really helpful..I run a lot of custom reports and using the tag feature on a daily basis.

Cons

It has been challenging to be able to connect with support staff about a technical issue. About a year ago, I really enjoyed being able to message with support staff if I had a question..now it seems like I have to wait a day or two for an automated email reply with some links to some possibly related topics of interest.. my questions can be fairly technical and multi-faceted where either use of messaging or simply talking to another human would be more beneficial.

Tyler

Great software! New dashboard layout a few months ago has led to some issues

Reviewed on 8/5/2017

Pros

Cost, Flexibility, API, Reports. Customer service has been responsive, but most of the time its "wait and try again in a while"

Cons

we use the dashboard heavily as a team, and the new homescreen layout has made things a little more difficult. We still have issues where items will not "check off" from time to time, or duplicate to-dos from the same process appear. This has decreased since the new layout launched, and I was in contact daily with a customer service rep at that point.

The biggest ongoing issue is that the "to-do" items for leads are now harder to get to. You have to select to-do specifically because it defaults to Activities, and then for it to be useful for us, we need to select "only steps with due times" to avoid having cancelled leads etc. show up. I also re-arrange the panes every morning so that the to-do is the majority of the screen. I'd prefer being able to select a permanent layout instead of re-doing it every day.

K Marie

A great easy to use tool for our business

Reviewed on 27/6/2023

Pros

* Easy to Use* Super Helpful to keep on top of leads * Helps us keep on top and communicate to our 7,000 client base easily

Cons

Wish it could add Texting to clients for Free!

Kristina

One of the best CRM platforms! User friendly and very engaging for our agency!

Reviewed on 8/11/2023

Overall I am extremely please with Nutshell! I like how the platform is laid out. The tools used to help are incredible and the agents that work for Nutshell are easily available to chat with 24/7. They have prompt response time and can almost always solve the issue!

Pros

Cons

The base platform doesn't have as many perks as Nutshell Pro, but it has to work for your company. Being in home care industry the Nutshell pro made sense for us!

Susan
  • Industry: Consumer Services

Great for phone numbers and address's but it doesn't match our previous data base - "Maximizer"

Reviewed on 8/5/2017

Still waiting to see for the most part - It is a good software to manage people on their calling the customer. Easy Spying on daily use. Glad we are a micro company, can't imagine using Nutshell for 1000 employees

Pros

It's an easy software to learn, but Pro is too short because there just aren't any real pro's for our use, but to change would be a nightmare, so we continue in hopes to see improvement.

Cons

Would be nice if you could see the "Owner" of the account on the lead no matter who starts the lead - It's constant going back and forth when you have to pay people by commission sales. The search engine could be improved to pickup on Not Exact entries.
It would be nice to see "ALL" the notes regardless if your in a lead or on the main page.

Response from Nutshell

Hi Susan,

Thanks for sharing your feedback. The items you mention below are on our list to address.
We appreciate you being a part of the Nutshell family.

Amanda

Lyle

Nutshell has features I like, but there are serious limitations to aspects of the product.

Reviewed on 8/5/2017

Ease of phone calling from the Nutshell App. Tracking of opened emails sent from Nutshell. Ease of access to Customer data through the search function.

Pros

The phone App is fairly strong. That I can call and have calls tracked from my phone App. That I know when an email I have sent through Nutshell is opened. There is quick and easy access to all Companies, People and Leads through the search function. That there is a reasonable degree of customization that can occur with Nutshell.

Cons

I am very disappointed that Nutshell does not integrate with my Google contacts as this requires me to double entry contacts, arg. I am also very disappointed in the non existent formatting within Nutshell email. In order for me to track whether an email is opened, I have to send it via Nutshell, hence I lose all ability to format good emails.

Response from Nutshell

Thanks for your feedback Lyle. We're happy that you like the phone app.

We have placed the deeper integration with Google contacts on our development roadmap to be included in a future release.

Frank

Bethany
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

This software is easy to use. I love that I can track every client from computer or phone.

Reviewed on 8/5/2017

Pros

This software is easy to use! I didn't have any clue what "CRM" was, and many of the programs I was looking at required a business background to decode the user manual. Nutshell was intuitive. Knowing how to use my I-Phone and Facebook seemed to be the only background I needed to get started! I have all my clients in Nutshell now. I track what they buy, what classes they take through our company, and what they are likely to buy next. I send e-mails to clients every time they order that are customized to tell them what to buy next. All of this was easy to set up through the Nutshell software!

Cons

The only thing I would consider adding to Nutshell is a place to list what they purchased and a place to list what training they have received (other than in notes).

Response from Nutshell

Bethany,

I'm so glad to hear that you've had such a wonderful experience with Nutshell. Our team works very hard to create an enjoyable and intuitive software experience.

Best,