Cezanne HR

Leading UK provider of UK & global Cloud HR systems

4.5 /5 (77 reviews) Write a Review!

An adequate HR website that suffers from many minor issues

Reviewed on 14/1/2019

Cezanne has by and large improved the HR experience here, however a large part of this is due to how poor it was before Cezanne.
This is a great idea, with good ideas, that sadly falls short of the mark when considering user function.

Pros

This software makes it easy to contact my company regarding sickness/annual leave/working from home/etc and provides a nice tracker to show exactly how many days I have taken, and, regarding annual leave, how many I have left.
The Dashboard is useful for showing a brief overview of everything I have on there, such as unfinished tasks which is a useful reminder.
From a management position it is useful as it allows the review of all employee's absences from one location and provides historical evidence of this.
Reports on Starters/Leavers are available via email

Cons

Many small issues with the software and the support team.
The absence forms are unwieldy and could be greatly improved. One of the greatest improvements that could be made would be the removal of the redundant "OK" button on the absence request form as it literally serves no purpose. The Save button saves it, the Submit Request button submits it, the OK button tricks users into thinking something has been done.
The Website itself is somewhat slow to load certain forms however this is manageable.
The Home button is simply the Cezanne logo - inexperienced users might struggle to find this.
When arranging leave, whether sickness or annual, I need to confirm that my co-workers can cover my shift, Cezanne does not appear to offer any means of CC'ing a co-worker in to the request which would be extremely useful.
As a member of IT I require reports regarding Starters and Leavers from Cezanne - these are provided, however expire after a single opening of the link. I appreciate this is for security purposes, however a password protected document would achieve the same aim without totally wiping the data, often requiring re-sending of the email.
On certain users in the office Cezanne simply does not work on Internet Explorer and though the support team was contacted several times no fix was ever found. I simply had to install Chrome on each users computer to get it working, however this is suboptimal as IE is the company standard as Chrome cannot be limited so easily.

Response from Cezanne HR

We agree with you that the OK button on the absence form is confusing. It is going to be removed shortly (and some other improvements made to this area). However, ii sounds as if a number of the issues you mention ¿ such as the logo, reports and team calendars - could be down to the way that your system is set up. If you could let me have your contact information, I can ask someone from our services team to get in touch to set up a call with you and your HR admin. They¿d also be keen to understand the issues you mention with IE as we work hard to make sure the Cezanne HR runs well in all of the modern browsers.

We are also working on a more significant refresh of the user interface and would be keen to get some feedback from you. If you are happy to participate in our client research, please let me know.

Logan S.
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

An easy to use tool, but lots of hidden features and seems quite manual

Reviewed on 5/4/2020

Pros

Cezanne HR is really easy to use, with access to most HR necessities. All of our companies information and personal information is listed in one place for ease of access. I've never had trouble accessing Cezanne HR and the look and feel of the tool is simple, clean and easy on the eye which makes the user experience good.

Cons

This tool can be quite clunky with its additional features and sometimes the servers can respond quite slowly resulting in periods of time where the site just hangs and leaves you confused whether the request had been submitted or not. The process of getting things onto Cezanne HR feels quite manual.

Ian R.

Reviewed on 6/11/2018

Fiona M.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

Customer Service is OUTSTANDING

Reviewed on 13/1/2020

the experience I have had from your support team has truly amazing and something I have not experienced anywhere else - they are to be commended. Nothing is too much trouble & they always check that they issue is resolved before closing off a ticket. They really do care about their customers, rare & delight to find. Customer Service gets 20 out of 10!

Pros

I am not writing about the software I am writing about the customer service, I have used Cezanne for years to authorise holiday & look people up but recently been tasked with having to be the MAIN contact for everything & I am struggling. But your support team go above & beyond and never leave my side until I have fully resolved my issue ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is outstanding, patient, friendly and goes above & beyond - as do they all, like [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] etc)

Cons

not intuitive -hence I need the support of your amazing team

Response from Cezanne HR

Thank you so much Fiona. Great to know our UK support team are doing a great job.

Jill B.
  • Industry: Law Practice

Cezanne review

Reviewed on 6/11/2019

The whole experience has been really good - the team are always helpful if we have any queries etc., and the system is really good and easy to use. Starting out with the performance module and so far so good and it’s a lot easier to use than our old, paper system.

Pros

It’s so easy to use for both HR/People staff and our users

Cons

Don’t really have any cons compared to the system we came from

Colin S.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

Good for HR but not for users

Reviewed on 2/1/2019

Pros

It allows a comprehensive system for HR management and other staff management services needed within business.

Cons

The system can run very slowly resulting in basic tasks taking longer than normal to complete. Not a user friendly interface unless robust training provided.

Response from Sue

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of Cezanne HR. We are obviously very concerned to read that you’ve experienced performance problems with the system. We constantly monitor and regularly increase the system’s resources to ensure that response times are fast. Did you experience a temporary problem that is now resolved? If not, please let me know as we’d be keen to work with you to investigate why you are experiencing what appears to be uncharacteristic response times.

Also, we are currently working on a refresh of the user interface. Would you be happy to participate in our client research? If so, please let us know.

Sam, hr consultant

Cezanne HR Great for Small Businesses

Reviewed on 17/10/2013

I was searching for an HR system that would fit the needs of a growing business of c90 employees. There was no current HR system in use so this meant I had a lot of flexibility in what I could consider as a solution. I began looking at all the systems I had used in other companies, however, I soon established that the providers of such systems were only really interested in big costly solutions for big, global companies which were really payroll systems with some fairly limited HR functions bolted on to make them appear like an HR system. The other alternatives aimed at micro companies seemed to be based on old standalone technology, although they had good HR functionality and were cheap. I wanted the online functionality and systems integration offered by the high priced systems but at a reasonable cost. I also needed a system that needed minimal in-house expertise. Cezanne HR seemed to be the only SAAS solution out there to meet our company needs and at a reasonable cost. I think the pricing model of pay-per-employee per month is good value and it has most of the HR functionality I am looking for and new elements are being added all the time. I think it provides good value for money for our size of business, so I would recommend using it. The appraisal elements are especially good. Cezanne HR offers a lot of bang for you buck!

Pros

It is easy to use and offers a lot of functionality.
The user guides are easy to follow when setting up Cezanne HR.
It is a stable system and doesn't crash and it is easy to navigate and use.

Cons

Batch uploading existing data in to Cezanne can take a couple of attempts.

Sharon B.
  • Industry: Pharmaceuticals

Easy to use, flexible and fantastic support

Reviewed on 15/8/2017

Pros

It's a common sense platform, does what I need it to and the support team are fantastic. I have been very pleased with Cezanne since we started using it.

Cons

Some areas are restrictive, but the team are great at taking customer feedback to the development team, I can see that they really listen to customers and make positive changes accordingly.

Andrea P.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Cezanne User Group

Reviewed on 6/11/2019

Challenging getting going - needed a more analytical and directive approach. Post implementation has been really good.

Pros

Look and feel, configurability, modular and cost effectiveness

Cons

Configurability - double edge sword - challenging for non- HRIS specialist

Hamira S.
  • Industry: Philanthropy

CezanneHR Review

Reviewed on 10/4/2018

Pros

CezanneHR is so much more advanced than our previous system. The possibilities for improvement in functionality are very positive. The support team are extremely friendly, knowledgeable, and a pleasure to work with.

Cons

Some areas are restrictive and inflexible, but the team really listen to customers and are always considering ways to improve.

Tracey T.
  • Industry: Consumer Goods

The support element of the system has been invaluable to me

Reviewed on 13/9/2017

Paperless absence requests

Pros

The ease at which staff can book absences, the system has been fully embraced by all the staff in such a short space of time

Cons

The uploading of data information and setting up users - quite fiddly and would be required to be completed by an IT proficient user

Jennifer M.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Used Other for Free Trial

Great all around system

Reviewed on 7/11/2017

Had we not decided to leverage SharePoint to complete our HR System we would have selected this. At times, I wish we had been able to.

Pros

I liked the functionality of it. It covered all of the areas that I was looking for in an HR System.

Cons

The App did not have the functionality that I would have liked or expected. I would have thought that given how much is covered in the software more would be available in the app.

Luke V.
  • Industry: Media Production

Excellent, totally comprehensive Online HR solution

Reviewed on 23/12/2014

Pros

It's really well-thought-out and covers every conceivable area I have ever needed to run our HR functions. Also, the customer support is first class.

Cons

The interface and UI could be a little more intuitive, but I know they are taking feedback on board and working on a new interface in HTML 5 at present.

Shl

Cezanne Review

Reviewed on 17/10/2013

What Esme says is spot on. I've been working with IT solutions for over 30 years and this one is excellent. It is extremely sophisticated giving you all that you want but that means it does require thought and time to set it up. But once you've done that, you're away.

Maria grazia B.

Very Good Tool

Reviewed on 18/9/2015

Pros

Useful and complete tool. You can easily handle a lot of information.

Cons

Low flexibility and missing of notification (by email) for users.

Michelle M.
  • Industry: Staffing & Recruiting

An All Round Helping Hand - Excellent HR Software Solution

Reviewed on 27/9/2016

Our HR department was a very paper heavy function and we needed something to bring us up to date as quickly, easily and cheaply as possible. We tested a number of options and many of them seemed to have close to everything we needed but when it came to costs, we were always faced with a 'but'. A 'You can have this, but if you want that, it will cost you extra' scenario. The version the sales person had demonstrated to us was always the most expensive option and would cost a great deal more than we have been lead to initially believe. We felt many of the sales people we met with from those companies, had a habit of talking 'at' us. An approach which did not sit well.

By chance, we stumbled upon Cezanne at a HR exhibition. The representatives on the day were incredibly friendly, helpful, approachable and the information they provided was very clear and we left them having arranged for a demo of their product. We were impressed with how they 'conversed' about their product and did try the hard sell.

We were impressed with the ease of navigation, the fact it was cloud based and therefore always accessible. Things looked even more promising when the figures came back in terms of the cost - the same as had been explained to us when we had spoken to them at the exhibition. No hidden extras!

From the very first contact with Cezanne, they were always there to help and always went the extra mile. They uploaded our core data, and after a very worthwhile day of training at their head office in London, we were good to go. We started with around 120 employees when we first integrated Cezanne, and that number has now more than doubled. The performance of Cezanne has remained effective and efficient with no visible signs of slowing down in performance. We have also uploaded the hard copy contents of over half our employee files and still, there has been no drop in performance.

We do not operate within just the UK, but rather several offices throughout Europe and Asia, and Cezanne has been able to adapt to the different legalities of each country.

Since bringing Cezanne on-board, we have been able to hand over much of the employee administration, to the employees themselves - change of addresses, contact numbers, absence management. We've also streamlined our performance management function to a completely paperless process.

It has allowed us to hand over much of the day to day running of employee matters, to the Line Managers. It has negated the need populate multiple reports each month for our directors and senior management, as the data is available to them at the push of a button. We were able to tailor reports to individual managers and assign it to them personally. A very big help in itself as it has freed up a great deal of time for the HR department, allowing us to concentrate on other projects that there simply wasn't time to address before.

Cezanne is very much a company that encourages customer feedback. They are keenly interested in ideas and suggestions and actively do what they can to meet the requests and suggestions wherever possible.

The customer service and support is absolutely first-class. Issues (and user errors as is often my case) are addressed and resolved extremely promptly.

Cezanne HR is definitely a software and a company that I would recommend.

Pros

Software is very straightforward to use with a great user friendly interface.

Encourages a greater involvement on the part of the employee and the manager

Some of the best customer service I have experienced.

The team at Cezanne work with their customers to continually develop and improve the software. They really do listen to the voice of the customer.

Has the ability to streamline many HR functions.

Has everything - is an all-in-one solution

Cons

Were I to recommend one area of improvement, it would be the interactions available with some of the data on screen. For example, the ability to filter information on screen so that I can control the order in which I'm viewing it, rather than exporting it to an Excel spreadsheet.

However, is is a very minor cosmetic point and as a whole I think the product offers huge benefits.

Jon C.
  • Industry: Events Services

Cezanne HR review

Reviewed on 9/4/2021

We have worked with Cezanne for a number of years and are impressed with their customer service and dedication to improve and constantly evolve their product.

Pros

The product is easy to use and customise according to the organisation's requirements. Processes are effective and efficient.

Submitting support tickets is straight forward and the customer support team are a dedicated group of staff intent on providing excellent response times, advice and solutions to our needs.

The development team are constantly striving to make useful improvements to the software

Cons

So many functions available that we haven't fully tapped into the resources that are at one's fingertips!

Alexandrina D.

Great HR data management software !

Reviewed on 6/4/2018

Honestly, the best HR data management tool I have worked with so far !

Pros

- Outstanding customer support.
- Smooth onboarding process. Our POC from Cezanne was amazing and extremely supportive and helpful throughout the entire process of onboarding.
- The system can service any type of business (regardless of how complex is your company organigram, compensation system etc. )
- You can transit the entire vacation and absence tracking process to Cezanne, hence no need to use yet another tool.
- The system is very overarching and it encompasses all the possible HR data a company can or should manage.
- It is GDPR compliant and in general, it has very high standards when it comes to data security and protection.

Cons

The system is quite complex and complicated at times, hence it will take a bit of more time to get the hang of it (for instance the onboarding process seemed a bit longer as compared with the other onboardings we had for other tools).

Rudi P.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Great jobs here colleagues !

Reviewed on 29/9/2016

CezanneHR helps us in the daily personnel management of the company to which I belong. With an initial training you can get in the way of CezanneHR in no time. The portal is made up of many features that, month after month, have been integrated and improved, also in function of what each customer may want. The forum and the guides are useful in pursuing its objective.

Pros

Cost, Availability and Use

Cons

Had to wait a long time for the required functionality.

Alexis C.

Cezanne Review

Reviewed on 6/11/2019

Pros

The diversity of application.
Regular updates

Cons

Some customisation in UI (colours) might be difficult to use for some users.

Gintare C.

1st year product and customer support review

Reviewed on 6/11/2019

It has been absolutely fantastic! There hasn’t been a single case when I was not able to receive a solution to my questions. I am also grateful to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] for offering the best solutions to fit our case(s) as I am not always aware of them myself, so thank you very much!

Pros

A single package with different functionalities (e.g. absence, onboarding, performance management) in one place. Customisable and automated with an option for setting notifications.

Cons

The setting up, as I felt and still feel I am not always able to do it by myself, despite of the available guidance online.

Dionne F.

Love, Love, Love Cezanne HR

Reviewed on 19/12/2016

I was searching for an HR system that would fit the needs of a small growing company of around 65 employees. There was no current HR system in place and everything was spreadsheet driven. I looked at HR database I had used in past, but I soon established that these wouldn't suit our company. Cezanne has made life so much easier, It's made us work much more efficiently as well enabling Managers to respond to staff inquiries much more quickly, instead of being reliant on spreadsheets, which they are now definitely a thing of the past!

Cezanne dashboard is easy to use, I love the absence facilities as well as the training. The pushed monthly reports are great and enable training to easily organized. The performance data can be used for monthly management meetings. There is so much you can use this for, I like to think of it as a Company database rather than just HR, with the added bonus its in the cloud meaning you access it from anywhere.

The customer care has been exceptional, from the initial demo to actually going live. I've worked mainly with one of the customer service representatives, who has been fantastic, she is knowledgeable, quick to respond and nothing seems like it is too much trouble for her. Thanks for all your help and support.

Response from Cezanne HR

Hi Dionne

Thank you so much for your review of Cezanne HR. We really appreciate you taking the time to provide your feedback.

From all of the team at Cezanne HR.

Sarah S.

Flexible, modular HRIS system, ideal for start-ups and SME's

Reviewed on 5/4/2018

The CezanneHR training is excellent and the support we received from team, was second to none. I've worked with a number of HRIS systems in my role and this is amongst the best from a flexibility and modular approach.

Pros

The flexibility of the system is excellent, it enables companies to simplify processes, enable transparency of views and access or line reporting requirements in a world of normally complex HRIS restrictions. The system administration is straightforward once you've learnt to navigate it and it enables ease of use and changes.

Cons

As with everything the system doesn't allow complete flexibility due to hierarchies within it, but I know the team are working hard to enable this for flat, non structured organisations. The support team are excellent, but can be difficult to reach and talk to in person, whilst the service Helpdesk is good, nothing beats a call.

Hayley P.

CHR Review

Reviewed on 6/11/2019

Our initial training session was not overly productive however we were introduced to [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] who has been a breath of fresh air She is responsive, helpful and extremely knowledgable. Nothing is too much for her.

Pros

Onboarding portal and recruitment integration

Cons

Some of the terminology is not clear as it is based on American terms

Debbie O.
  • Industry: Utilities

Cezanne

Reviewed on 27/9/2016

I have used lots of HR systems over my career - and hand on heart can say that this system is tremendous value for money and extremely powerful! I would recommend this system to everyone!