Rydoo

Business travel booking & expenses management platform

4.4 /5 (183 reviews) Write a Review!

Shaluu B.

OMG THIS IS THE BEST THING EVER

Reviewed on 30/11/2016

I was so tired of working with bills and excel sheets. I cant explain how much time is wasted every single day doing this crap. After all, time = money right?
Then I found this gem. I contacted Charlotte on the website and asked a whole buncha questions and tested how the website works, and WOAH was I amazed! Its as simple as clicking a picture from your smartphone. Got a problem? Ask someone in the chat and they'll respond within 15 mins. Where else is the customer service so fast? Exactly, nowhere else. Would I recommend it to my colleagues? Oh hell yeah. Would I get subscription for year two? Definitely. This is my life long companion now. Really good job guys, kudos to you.

Pros

Prompt Response from the staff and they are kind :)
Nice UI
Comes with an App that you can use to click pictures and upload
Export to PDF and Excel sheet.
The invoices are numbered and the pictures are attached in the PDF, this feature got me.

Cons

In the app you manually have to turn off Reimburse every time you click a picture. (I could be wrong)
Cannot upload PDFs of the scanned bills from CAMSCANNER.

Phil C.

Expenses made simple

Reviewed on 7/11/2016

This has made my life so much easier, I used to use other apps for expenses but they were unreliable, more expensive, unsuitable for use in the UK or less comprehensive

Pros

SImple to use, quick, automatic scanning and dropbox support makes it a breeze (just add PDF to dropbox folder and it automatically extracts all the information!)

Cons

New app crashes alot but likley this will be sorted with updates (the support team assures me)

Dave M.

Xpenditure

Reviewed on 23/9/2016

This app will keep me up to date with my bookkeeping. It allows me to almost instantly upload the photographed receipt from my phone straight into my books. Once there I can edit as necessary and export a categorised report of my expenses.

Pros

Immediate uploading of photographed receipts.

Cons

Doesn't always read the receipt correctly.

Phillip I.

Great expense software, I'd recommend in a heartbeat!

Reviewed on 29/7/2016

I was looking for an expense manager to replace one that I was previously. The one I was using before didn't have great customer support and a few times the site was down, which was not good. When I first looked at Xpenditure It took me a while to set it up the way I was used to but the customer support during this process was excellent. Any questions I had, while I was checking them out and hadn't paid a dime, they treated me as if I was already a client of theirs. They held my hand through the process and it's worked out great. After everything was setup, I've had minor issues which again, the customer support helped me through.

Pros

Customer support is excellent. I like how it integrates with your banking account, if you choose to link them, which helps in not having to type in different expenses. I REALLY LIKE, if you have recurring expenses every month, there's a check box (recurring expense) that you can check, and on the day of the month that expense is due, everything is already setup for you in a todo list and you can just add your receipt. I also travel overseas for business and I love that if I purchase something overseas from any country, you don't have to worry about the conversion rates, etc. All you do is put in the price of your purchase in the currency box, there's a dropdown menu for countries around the world. Let's say you're in Europe, you pull up their currency and it will automatically change the currency into American Dollars for your expense reports. (Great feature). If you're like me I like to take a few minutes a day to take care of my expenses, so that they don't pile up, so with the mobile app when you're out and about you can add your expenses, or take a few minutes when you're in front of your computer. You can add your receipts from your computer, webcam, or send receipts via email and your information will be in it's proper places. You can also track mileage, track time and create a trip and have an expense report for a specific trip as well. All great features.

Cons

Sometimes the mobile app doesn't get all of the information and then I'll go on the computer to adjust the information.

Juhani P.
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Caution for fraudulent cancellation policy

Reviewed on 12/2/2020

Pros

I tried to use Rydoo and its predecessor Xpenditure a long time for handling the company receipts. I never got it to work very well, and moved to another system. The cancellation procedure was awful, and I believe it tells a lot about Rydoo's company culture and practices.

Cons

What made the experience exceptionally bad, was that their cancellation procedure easily tricks you to to put the account into a "read-only" mode, instead of deleting it all together. Even though you get a confirmation on the screen, they don't send the confirmation by email, and will charge additional amount for the "read-only" mode. This charge is not described in a contract or terms and conditions.

Their customer service or even the top management did not want to hear my complaints, and customer service rep was, in a word, impolite in their communications. Because of this, I was forced to dispute the charge with my credit card company, and I felt that I need to write this review to warn others who are considering their services.

Peter L.

Xpenditure connects our business!

Reviewed on 6/7/2016

As a financial employee of the administration of our German business, I am using Xpenditure software since for 9 months now. We (financial end) and the users (business end) use the software for approving and reporting invoices payable, as well as personal expense reports. My experience is that the software has a lot of features that enables me to finetune the use and output we desire. On a more philosophical note, the usage of Xpenditure is one of the means to connect our remote business office in Munich with shared service center in Amsterdam.

Pros

Layout, instant customer support by chat, reporting format, reliable

Cons

Data is less editable then I would like to see, i.e. data should be able to be extracted as Excel file for instance.

Luigi G.

Lifesaver!!!

Reviewed on 6/8/2016

It's ok, but somethime the app freezes if you try to load to much stuff. Desktop experience is ok, sometime opening popovers is slow you need to speed up servers and make a more light JavaScript (I'm in europe). Filters can be improved, even multiple records selection can be improved.

Pros

I love it because make everything is easy and automatic data recognition is fantastic

Cons

Dashboard can be better, navigation sometimes is strang and labels sometime not clear . UX can be fixed, you need an UX test. Create a a report is not clear, integration with debitoor is has some problems in control panel.

Martha H.

second year

Reviewed on 23/2/2017

I started with xpenditure last year when i was doing my taxes and thinking "there must be a better way" to organize my receipts. This app/software has a lot of functions that I do not even use. I mainly use it for nonreimbursed work expenses, keeping receipt from travel for work, etc. Between my husband and I, there are 4 LLCs and 2 personal taxes getting submitted to the IRS each year. After seeing the report I was able to generate for the accountant, he is on board now and using the app. I like it and while I don't know how to use it to the fullest potential, the customer support is really great.

Pros

ease of use from phone to photo receipts

Cons

Too many receipts bogs down the system. I photo-entered receipts yesterday from a week of travel and the app is still trying to upload them. I am worried that it won't work and I will have to do it all over again.

Kieran T.

Great product, recommended

Reviewed on 14/2/2017

This product by as greatly simplified the expenses process for us. The ability to capture and dispose of receipts, to summarize expenses and to automate aporoval workflow is excellent.

Pros

Simple and comprehensive

Cons

Aporoval set up not so Simple

Martin S.

Waste of Time!

Reviewed on 6/6/2020

I've been using this for 3 years ..... like with Microsoft, once in it isn't that easy to get out. But this will be my LAST year! GARBAGE!

Pros

General layout and concept is lean and easy to understand.

Cons

Dysfunctional. Due to architectural design and technical flaws it takes more time to use this system than to do your records manually. I have no idea how they've got such a high rating other than paying for fake reviews! The matching algorithm fails 90% of the time. Receipt scanning misreads dates, amounts and vendors. And technical support is USELESS! Support personnel don't listen to your complain, they just hand you links to useless articles that you already checked. Dealing with support on ongoing issues, they can never get their heads around the actual issue, nor do they seem to actually have any interest in improving the technical glitches and implementing even "easy" efficiency improvements.

• Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"great software to keep track of your expenses"

Reviewed on 4/4/2019

Pros

It is a great app to keep record of your expenses and all your transactions. as all the calculations are solved my software, any probability of mistake is eliminated. I would recommend this software without a second thought. I loved its application version.

Cons

sometimes the modifications done on app does not synchronize to desktop. also sometimes it becomes sluggish. Overall it is a great software.

Thomas S.

Great tool!

Reviewed on 14/2/2017

For me this tool is a simple and very efficient way to handle all those burdensome expense notes. The risk of

Pros

ease of use and perfect reports for the accountancy

Cons

Only a few details: pictures of notes are always rotated 90° when I take them. But it's extremely easy to rotate them back

Ivan C.

Rydoo - amazing tool

Reviewed on 10/1/2020

Very great experience. We can solve all the issues managing the travel expense. Everything is recorded in the system with the relevant information. Most helpful part is the possibility to have the approval of the manager for the invoices.

Pros

Rydoo is a great software for managing for expense management.
It's very easy to use and to learn. We are testing the tool since the last months and surprisingly we discovered a lot of interesting functionalities: upload the invoice, create user-manager, create a flow of approval, etc..
We are very happy with it and thinking to implement the solution for all our offices.

Cons

At the moment it's difficult to find something wrong with the software as we are not using it for a long time. So far, so cool.

Hanif K.

Perfect for Business

Reviewed on 3/6/2016

From the receipt to submission of the yearly taxes, this one software does it all. Just click a picture of the receipt, choose the category and method of payment, and the rest is taken care of. At the end of the year, all I need to do is run a simple summary and it does all the bookkeeping for me. Summarizes all the yearly expenses in categories, and I simply note the final figure and give it to my accountant. Couldn't be easier. Has made my life that much easier. And if the tax guys need info, all the receipt details and a picture of the receipt are there..... For small businesses, this is a must for making bookkeeping so much easier and organized.

Haresh K.

Full of functionality and easy to use xpenditure has helped us manage our expense system.

Reviewed on 31/5/2016

Being in a position to contribute in management decision making i implemented xpenditure in our dubai branch once i tested its demo version. since then i never get complaints about month end disputes between cashier, accountants and purchase boys. now we can sort expenses by category, who purchased it, and by project. it automatically highlights potential duplicate bills. it also involves real time approver system. and recently i found out about advances so it become even more easy for us to keep track of money with individual.
there are more and more functionality like we can associate it with other ERP Module such xero, sap, and so on.

Frustrating at best.

Reviewed on 5/11/2017

So far not much at all.

Pros

Good user interface, that is abut it. I wish I could have more positive things to say but I don't.

Cons

extremely poor back office interface. Highly inefficient for companies with different entities (in different countries), different clients and different client projects. The Exact Online interface is without a doubt the worst developed interface that exists. The development team and QA department absolutely messed this up real good.

Response from Xpenditure

We would like to apologize for your negative experience with Xpenditure. I believe our customer success team already reached out to you to solve any issues you had. Hope this will give you a better experience with us and that we will help you save your company and team time.

Ivo V.

Very userfriendly expense system

Reviewed on 31/5/2016

Xpenditure is very easy to use. The app is a great tool for uploading your receipts instantly, the OCR recognition engine could be improved. (You have to wait for a while before you can continue/submit your receipts.) The internet application is a very nice tool with multiple reports and easy download functionalities into excel. Another aspect that could be improved is the corporate credit card functionality, uploading the statements is really time-consuming, an automatic feed with the credit card company could be a solution.

Christopher P.

Claiming your expenses back is now not so much of a chore

Reviewed on 7/5/2016

I have only recently started using Xpenditure as a way to store & manage my expenses. Before expenses had to be scanned individually, but with Xpenditure the option to take a photo and have all the hard work done for you has cut the amount of time needed to log expenses at the end of the month. I work in construction and am away on site for the majority of the week, with out access to a computer / scanner, having Xpenditure on my phone enables you to take a photo of your receipt immediately once you made a purchase and log it with out having to worry about carrying the receipt around with you after.

Pros

Usability, accessibility where ever you are, not having to log date/store/etc. manually

Cons

making it easier to save a project heading

Ruben D.

Love scanning receipts

Reviewed on 1/7/2014

Pros

This expense reporting tool saves me tons of time. Instead of typing over receipts into an Excel sheet, I just take a picture of the receipts I receive. At the end of the month, I generate an expense report in just a few clicks.

Cons

It was hard to find some settings I really wanted to change, but the support department helped me with that.

R N.
  • Industry: Utilities

Perfectly designed

Reviewed on 17/8/2016

I have tried just about every product on the market, free to expensive. Xpenditure is far and away a better designed product that is so user friendly you wonder why you haven't tried it before.

Pros

User friendly

Cons

None

Leandro O.
  • Industry: Chemicals

Good software

Reviewed on 2/2/2017

This software help us to organize our expense report. It is practice and enough usual, besides that to be easier to handling.

Pros

It is easier to handling.

Cons

In the main menu the amount of documents could be bigger.

Marlene T.
  • Industry: Newspapers
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Amazing organization tools for trips

Reviewed on 18/10/2018

Pros

Rydoo offers great tools for small and medium businesses that are in constant business trips, giving them the opportunity to access them without waiting and at low cost; simply a potential time manager. Allowing the user to know the costs invested in each trip without tedious rows.

Cons

My only complaint is that the mobile application does not have all the information I need to know, even so, this has not caused me a big problem, and its customer service rewards it.

very useful app.

Reviewed on 14/2/2016

Before I found this app it was always a headache to claim my expenses for business trips. i am sure that I also lost money from receipts that went missing. Now I photo every receipt. It takes 10 minutes to prepare the report all converted automatically to the local currency. The service is very good by chat or even by phone if any problems are encounteres. i have added 17 users from my company.

Pros

Easy to use, good interface.

Nicholai L.

Xpenditure takes the whole expenses process to the next level. Done with too much paper work.

Reviewed on 2/6/2016

Because our offices, of VK Architects & Engineering, are scattered all over Belgium and abroad, the whole expense process is much easier to manage. Done with waiting for the approval, with the online software we have a better overview of every detail. Even with people who works abroad all the time. Xpenditure takes the whole expenses process to the next level.

Richard T.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

A really clever idea!

Reviewed on 4/3/2016

I stumbled across this system by pure chance. I had been looking for a blended input base where I can use a smartphone but also a regular web browser. I'm a single-user consultant and also ways loosing receipts. Now, this system helps me structure projects and trips really well and has a very nice interface to show me what's happening. The support team in Belgium are superbly friendly and always available. Great stuff!

Pros

Blended inputs from multiple channels; also the automatic currency calculations are brilliant...

Cons

Doesn't support a direct interface to Clear Books yet