Lucidpress

Easy-to-use design & brand templating platform.

4.6 /5 (256 reviews) Write a Review!
4.6
Industry: Higher Education

Easy To Use For Non-Designers

Used Daily for Free Trial
Reviewed on 12/9/2019

I love how I can just login to this software online since my Chrome Book cannot download software. I am having a great experience using this.

Pros

Since I am a non-designer, it is a very useful application. I like how the creative team can lock certain aspects of a logo so that the brand integrity is always there. Being able to contribute to content creation helps ease the burden on the creative and accelerates overall creativity.

Cons

There really isn't much to dislike with this software, it is so useful for our team. I wish I could do more with the software but it is a little to complicated for me.

Merald H.
Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Excellent option for external communications

Reviewed on 12/4/2020

Pros

We enjoyed the flexibility of this software and the ability to share and edit documents with people across our community and across the state. The dynamic presentations we can create with Lucidpress are very valuable to our organization.

Cons

The image library tool is fine, we did find it would be easier to insert pictures in documents without that barrier.

Industry: Real Estate

Lucidpress is great

Used Weekly for Free Trial
Reviewed on 13/3/2020

It's helped us make things very last minute when we don't have time to wait for our designer. We've also been importing old InDesign projects from our old designer. We're able to have control over certain things like those designs.

Pros

There are LOTS of templates. It is very easy to use and change things around. There are lots of features that are easily explained.

Cons

If you don't pay for the premium version you are very limited. There are very few fonts and things you can do to when downloading files.

Industry: Publishing

Lucidpress

Reviewed on 9/5/2019

Overall Lucidpress gets the job done and is a good resource for someone just starting out or looking to do some quick designing. I wouldn't recommend it to more affluent designers, but newbies should certainly consider adding it to their tool belt of programs.

Pros

Lucidpress is a good resource for basic level design rendering with a clean and simple user interface. It gets the job done. The company offers a free demo as well so you can do some basic testing of functionality before committing to spending money on it. The ease-of-use is a prominent feature that makes it a great tool for designers and non-designers alike. I would highly recommend this to people looking to do their own design work on a very basic level.

Cons

There is unfortunately a very limited selection of free templates to use and no library of icons or stock graphics to pull from. It limits and inhibit users some in the process. It would be a great feature to consider adding to make the software more worth the money.

Mariah R.
Industry: Design
Company size: Self Employed

AMAZING for emerging creative professionals!

Reviewed on 29/3/2020

This product was SO user-friendly versus other design software, which is what I needed when I first began my career in graphic design and marketing. As an independent freelancer, it gave me the tools to remain innovative for every marketing client. To create the best content, and go above and beyond with Lucidpress!

Pros

SIMPLE to use! I can access all documents and designs from any computer, premium tools and design templates, so much storage space! Super inexpensive to extend storage space.

Cons

Compatibility: Limited formats to save documents + open various design file types.

Linh L.
Company size: Self Employed

Been using Lucidpress for nearly two years and it has been a wonderful experience.

Reviewed on 16/6/2017

Getting paid.

Pros

Lucidpress is a great online-based software for those who cannot download software on their computers. As a chromebook user, it was a handy tool for me to create, edit and download PDFs I have created. I created things from flyers to presentations to postcards. Easy to use and simple to use. Lucidpress is great to use when you need basic editing tools from Adobe InDesign.

Cons

More features! Lucidpress should use more work on the picture editing tool. Some of the brightness and contrast doesn't work too well, so I prefer to do simple editing on Photoshop for my brightening needs on photos.

Lareesa S.

Great budget design option

Reviewed on 25/2/2020

It's so easy to work with and reasonable investment for my small business. I'm not a designer by trade, so I don't need a full suite of capabilities - I just need an easy-to-use tool to make good looking documents for my client. This fits the bill. They also have very responsive customer service.

Pros

It's easy to learn and much more reasonably priced than other, more popular software. Design is a small part of my business, so I don't need a ton of capabilities, but I do need more than Google Suite offers. I designed a 10-page annual report with Lucidpress and found it comparable to InDesign and QuarkXPress, which I've used in previous jobs. I use Chrome OS so I needed a web-based program.

Cons

It's web-based, so sometimes can be slow or freeze up. A small annoyance is the scroll bar is sometimes hidden under a button that expands the design menu, so I have to zoom in or out to be able to scroll. It's a very minor annoyance though compared to the ease of use of the program!

Industry: Telecommunications
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

A lot of software like this

Used Monthly for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 30/12/2019

Creating internal documents for team events/workshops/internal changes has been helpful. We have a separate software for customer-facing media but not everything requires that much detail and it's nice to have this where any one can use it.

Pros

In their template recommendations, they have options split by print, mobile, social media, etc and then sub categories for each which is helpful if you don't have much experience making these materials. Even the fonts are categorized. The paid version lets you upload fonts. You can copy/paste images onto the page to skip the upload process but it doesn't always format correctly. You can download or have them print it for you and send it to you.

Cons

If you don't have the paid version, it's difficult to know what's free vs paid before you select it. The editing page is intimidating at first as it looks very professional, but you get used to it.

Sarah C.

I love this! I am an art teacher and I use it to design all of my handouts. So easy to use!

Reviewed on 22/6/2017

Make handouts every day!

Pros

Easy, great fonts, and design options. It is so nice that the photos are stored right on the site. I also love that it is through a webpage and I can access it anywhere.

Cons

I purchased for space but it fills up very quickly! I also don't like that if you delete a photo from the photo storage it deletes it from your document!

Adam M.

Lucidpress makes creating graphics/marketing materials for our church a breeze!

Reviewed on 21/2/2018

Pros

As a pc-turned-mac user, finding an easy to use software to create promo/marketing was hard- I was used to using Publisher--and had never settled on a similar program on our mac computers. Options seemed pretty pricy--until I discovered Lucidpress. Now, we can quickly create clean and professional looking materials for our church's programs and events. Very affordable, and very helpful. The entire experience of using Lucidpress is easy to use. All buttons are intuitive and feel very natural to use--especially as a former publisher user. It gives a variety of options for saving/printing--and the onboard templates are a huge time-saver. Pick a template, customize as needed, and away you go. Very fast process, and the end product looks amazing and communicates our messages well.

Lawrence C.
Industry: Food & Beverages

lucidpress document and image editing online software

Reviewed on 9/1/2019

branding, social media.
We use it also with other applications like Vistaprint for printed media.
we find it very easy to use, and are very happy with the quality. We feel it's good value for money, but doesn't replace a professional graphic design service.
Really liked being able to use a free version to get the hang of the software. we then chose to go with the upgraded (paid) version.

Pros

very easy to use image editing software with some great features ... like being able to upload and store a bank of images, easy to use options for sharing and working on projects and a nice in-between option as far as complexity and quality is concerned. I'd say it is ideal for folks that something like Adobe Photoshop or InDesign is overkill, yet need the more tools and resources that you may fond with most online (either free or paid) apps / software.

Cons

not being able to access all (or at least more) fonts despite using a paid version.

Tera P.
Industry: Education Management

Newsletter feedback

Reviewed on 23/2/2020

I am very satisfied and will continue to use as long as I am in my position.

Pros

Very easy to navigate and look of the templates are very professional.

Cons

I am in the education industry and would like more pictures to choose from in your templates

Michelle M.
Industry: Government Relations

Fantastic Resource for Reports and Marketing

Reviewed on 24/2/2020

Pros

I love how easy and intuitive this program is to use as well as the number of templates and features offered. It is perfect for reports, marketing ads, presentations, and online/print posters and flyers. One of the best features is the ability to upload online. I often use this instead of emailing out large files.

Cons

Wished that there was a wider selection of images like Canva

Lee S.

Low Cost publishing for my printing needs

Reviewed on 17/6/2017

Pros

Lucidpress works on Chromebooks as it's web-based. This functionality has saved my company lots of money on Full based OS laptops .

Cons

Unable to push out Indesign Files. My company does a lot of designing that ends up in print. Higher-end print companies request InDesign files which I'm unable export out of LucidPress. I sometimes run into clients who request InDesign files which is an industry standard that I'm unable to deliver to them

Christine Q.
Industry: Publishing
Company size: Self Employed

Excellent experience. Easy to use. Very effective as a team collaboration tool.

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 17/6/2017

It really helps me work the a remote team. Some on the team are Mac and some are PC and this manages that issue perfectly. Everyone's happy.

Pros

Its easy to use. Team members without any experience have been able to catch on to it quickly. I especially like the editing markup tools in Comments. Its an aesthetically pleasing interface to look at and work in. I like the chat feature -- helps with team collaboration.

Cons

There are a few advanced features I'd like it to have, like settings for each side of an object for a text wrap, rather than one universal one. I'd like to have a curves photo adjustment. I'd REALLY like to be able to set type sizes by the half point-size -- would help for fitting text. File sizes are large (for high res option) -- wish they could be a bit smaller and more manageable for upload.

Michelle M.
Industry: Government Administration
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great design tool that is easy to use and flexible!

Reviewed on 17/6/2017

I do not have graphic design experience so LucidPress allows me to create professional materials for my organization. I use this program for everything from marketing materials for our website, social media, and government TV channel to creating newsletters and annual reports. It makes my job so much easier, and I've received numerous compliments on the materials I've created using the program.

Pros

Provides different print and digital formats. It is flexible enough to meet all your needs, but helps with ideas and templates for design. This is my favorite design software because it's easy to use, and has a lot of options.

Cons

The image gallery uploads is not easy to group pictures together so you end up with a really long scrolling area of photos. It only allows one upload so if I've already uploaded the photo, I have to scroll through hundreds of pictures to find it. One way it would be easier to use is if LucidPress automatically grouped pictures together per document. You could still have the all images, but it would make it easier to delete and find them. Having the capability to click on an image and drag over to the folders would help too.

Heather T.
Industry: Real Estate

User Friendly

Reviewed on 9/1/2019

I work in the Real Estate industry. I can easily throw together flyers for our agents. They have templates or you can go from scratch.

Pros

This software is very user friendly. I do not have any previous graphic design experience. I started out with the free version, it was great. I started paying only because I wanted to keep more pictures and projects in the software.

Cons

I wish there were more templates. And more tutorials.

Kevin M.

Easy Brand Design Management Software

Reviewed on 12/6/2018

I learned more about what I require in a design software and what I could live without.

Pros

User intuitive, and simple to use straight out of the gate with useful templates to get even the newest of users started quickly. Brand Management options make for quick projects as well.

Cons

Free options are limited and the sizing and formats could be a bit more diverse. I personally can do the same thing in other programs with their free versions what requires a subscription to do in Lucidpress.

Likelihood to recommend: 4.0/10

Industry: Management Consulting

Even a kid can use this!

Used Other for 6-12 months
Reviewed on 12/1/2019

As a small business I have a limited budget for graphic design. For small projects Lucidpress has been used for our one-off reports and mailers.

This platform is perfect for people like me who have a limited budget and a basic knowledge of layout. I am sure that if I was a trained professional I could capitalize on all the features and do a better job, but for the projects that I have this is a great solution.

I highly recommend this platform.

Pros

That it is drag and drop features and the help tool is great, clear, and actually does help guide you through to the solution (I have used it a lot).

Cons

It is sometimes hard to get the columns to connect/disconnect and resize.

Dallyce B.
Industry: Education Management
Company size: 10,000+ Employees

I love this publishing software. I use it for both work and personal purposes!

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 13/7/2018

Enhanced program visibility for the purpose of increasing applicants to our program.

Pros

I love the ease of use of this software. It's quite intuitive once you get to work. You can make beautiful, professional looking products which are sure to impress.

Cons

What I would like to be able to do, is upload word files into the system to create slides and publications. At this stage, I have to cut and paste all text, page by page. It sure would be helpful (and a huge timesaver) if I could simply upload the entire file, and then play around with formatting page layout later.

Justin A.
Industry: Religious Institutions

Lucidress has helped our staff do design work without the staff needing heavy design skills.

Reviewed on 17/6/2017

The online workflow and team aspect is amazing. This is transforming our design workflow. We are now faster and we can allow other staff outside of the design staff to create their own materials.

Pros

Web based workflow and the comment option helps our staff create and approve designs much faster than the Adobe workflow we normally use.

Cons

Lack of stroke size below zero, and the print screen is a bit buggy. It crashes a lot while trying to enter print settings for our network printers

Katie S.
Industry: Hospital & Health Care

Overall, I think it's easy to use and user friendly.

Reviewed on 17/6/2017

Pros

I like the ability to change the font and colors and being able to upload pictures with ease. I would like to be able to upload pics to the calendar.

Cons

I am not a fan that if you accidentally click on something it moves the box out of alligment. It's frustrating if you are trying to work on something and accidentally click on something. Also when I upload pictures, some always come out fuzzy when they are printed.

Likelihood to recommend: 6.0/10

Diane B.
Industry: Marketing & Advertising
Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great place for self publishing

Used Monthly for 2+ years
Reviewed on 22/2/2020

The perfect solution for my needs.
I did a lot of research before I selected Lucid Press. The best decision I made. Could not be happier with the final book.
I can not recommend Lucid Press enough.

Pros

It was easy to use. I layout my documents in Adobe iIn Design and I was able to upload the document it looked exactly the way I had layer it. Outstanding product & easy intuitive software.

Cons

Nothing. It interfaces with Adobe products with ease.

Jennifer W.

This is a great tool to help you create quick and easy flyers

Reviewed on 31/3/2018

Pros

I like all the templates that they have ans it is fairly easy to customize them. The documents have a nice quality to them when they are printed.

Cons

I don't like that some of the best and what I would consider standard features are offered only with a paid subscrition.

Vincent F.

easy , simple , amazing

Reviewed on 15/6/2017

Pros

the simplicity and ease of using the software, also the output looks great. i dont know what else to write

Cons

More Graphic Options to make the output more interesting , also more icons will be of great help , some more fony options