Wagepoint

Write a Review!
Simple payroll software built just for small businesses.

4.6/5
4.4/5
4.6/5
4.7/5

Tom
Tom

Great for founders

Reviewed on 30/10/2019

Pros

I LOVE Wagepoint. I can't imagine having to do all this stuff myself - entrepreneurs shouldn't be spending time on things like getting all the accountys right, worrying if they've made the correct filings with the government etc.

My employee (hopefully making that plural, soon) loves it too, and he is not easily impressed by UX/UI.

Cons

The only think is that with the Xero integration, the reports don't export automatically. So, every two weeks, I have to go in and push a few buttons to send it to Xero. Honestly, not that big of a deal, and still way better than any alternative, but it will be awesome when they add that automation.

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Tom,
Love received and much appreciated. I'll also pass the notes on the Xero integration to the team. Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts.
All the best,

Great

Reviewed on 18/3/2023

Pros

Their product (especially the UI), pricing, and customer support. We used ADP before switching over to Wagepoint and running each payroll via ADP was just dreadful. Wagepoint is much easier to use and more affordable, and their customer support team is friendly.

Cons

You can't reach their support team over the phone. They only accept emails.

Response from Wagepoint

Hi,

We are extremely happy to hear that Wagepoint has made running payroll easier for you, as it should be.

We are looking to implement some measures to improve the ability to speak to a live human. This will include live phone support.

Thank you so much for your review.

Craig

RUN RUN RUN AWAY

Reviewed on 17/3/2020

Terrible. Spend an extra 5-10 per month and go with a company that will actually help you out. I have done payroll for over 20 years. Ive done it by hand and have used other companies. I decided to try to save some money and went with wagepoint. BIG mistake and ended up costing me more. I had an issue on one of my end of year forms that needed to get fixed. simple fix. or should have been but getting a hold of someone that knew what needed to be done and then actually getting them to do it was a nightmare. On top of that they charged me $400 to have it done. Fine, I paid it. It was partially my fault. They were supposed to make all the corrections and make the corrections so it wouldnt happen again. NOPE!. Shame on me I continued to use them for the next year. Lo and behold the next year the same thing happens and then they want to charge me again to have it fixed when I already paid them to fix it the first time and they never made the changes. OMG I am fuming mad writing this review. They make me so angry, and I am not an angry person. PLEASE do yourself a favor and go with someone that will actually help you out and not try to rip you off and charge you twice for something.

Pros

price is the only good thing about their service. Despite the price I would never ever recommend this service to someone. The customer service TERRIBLE. Don't ever expect a phone call back.

Cons

Zip, zero, zilch customer service. The customer service terrible. The user interface is not very good either.

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Craig,
First, let us apologize. Second, let me pass this directly to our head of support who will reach out to speak with you directly.

Hans
  • Industry: Hospitality

Great payroll software and service, but could use polish

Reviewed on 25/4/2018

Pros

Love the series that come with the software. Payroll is fast in most cases. Track app is also really cool, but in obvious beta. Really looking forward to it becoming fuller (would be amazing to see scheduling and timesheet management!).

Customer service is e-mail only, but they are super helpful and thorough.

Cons

The whole interface is a bit dated, and for some reason, everything is squished into a small division on a page. Making the window bigger doesn't show extra information. It seems limiting, and the next two issues probably stem from this design choice.

Paying vacation is a pain. You have to take the accrued vacation, then divide it by their pay, so you can add it to the pay in HOUR format. Why not just have the information available on the main payroll screen and add it as dollar amounts? Strange manual work for a product that is so automatic otherwise.

Adding tips is a strange too. You have to manually choose to add tips every time. Should be configurable to always show tips column, for example.

Reports could be more customizable. Like totals for specific time periods.

Quebec support could be a bit better.

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Hans,
We are making some design upgrades to the product (estimated release by the end of Q2 2018) that I think will make the process a lot smoother for you. If you are open to it, I'd love to share the designs with you and get your thoughts.
Regards,
Leena

Amazing Customer Service

Reviewed on 16/3/2022

It’s been awesome!

It’s been awesome!

Pros

Wonderful customer service, they were understanding, communicative and responsive.

Cons

Hmmm none I can think of at the moment.

Dayforce HCM and ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Choosing Wagepoint

Rates and my accountant uses Wagepoint

Humi

Reasons for Switching to Wagepoint

Heard good things and wanted to try it out.
Joy
Joy

Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 6/12/2018

The software helps manage employees on different schedules, contractual and permanent. It makes it easy to pay workers, calculate taxes with ease and directly deposit the salaries to the employees using the software. It is simple to understand and user friendly.

Pros

I must comment on the customer support team, they are always ready to help and respond to customer queries. Is it very useful in paying contractual staff daily , weekly and montly.

Cons

It is only suitable for small organizations, this limits its use in large multinational companies.

• Industry: Recreational Facilities & Services

Reviewed on 23/8/2021

Pros

We are a not-for-profit and do not have a wide selection of business professions who have expertise in the various small business departments such as payroll or HR. Wagepoint and their support staff feel like they are those professionals we need and provide outstanding support and service to us.

Cons

While there are a number of canned reports available to use (for no additional charge), I would like to see more of these reports made available.

Kimme
Kimme

Wagepoint is our #payroll provider

Reviewed on 21/12/2021

Pros

As the owner of a bookkeeping firm, I've had the opportunity to use several different payroll programs. Wagepoint is by far the easiest to use and our 'go-to' payroll software for our small business clients.

Cons

For the longest time, I wished that they had better telephone support available for accounting professionals but I've heard that it's in the process of being developed now. :-)

Easy to check paystub and t4s

Reviewed on 13/10/2020

I am able to easily review my pay information each pay.

I am able to easily review my pay information each pay.

Pros

It is very easy to check my paystub each pay and see my pay information. I am also able to easily view my t4 for taxes.

Cons

There isn't anything I don't like about Wagepoint. We use it specifically for pay stubs and pay information so no complaints.

Christopher F.
Christopher F.
  • Industry: Computer Games
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Amazing Full Features Automatic Payroll!

Reviewed on 25/9/2018

It's been excellent and I hope to stay with them for years. I'm able to run my business without worrying about the headache of payroll.

Pros

I decided on this product just for the automatic tax filing of the 1099s/W2s and quarterly reports on my behalf. Anything to help save me time from doing any tax work is fully appreciated. The website actually goes well above and beyond with the free reports you're able to generate for your needs, the flexibility of modifying payments and running one time payments, it's so fully featured I'm amazed at how it's able to stay so cheap and offer so much.

Cons

If I had to name one thing it would be the lack of easy documentation for doing more complex payroll activities, such as garnishing an employee for child support but a simple email to their support email and I got my answer.

Monika
  • Industry: Accounting

Best Payroll Service out there!

Reviewed on 9/10/2019

I can rely on Wagepoint to be able to process payroll efficiently and accurately on a daily basis. If I need help, the support team is there to answer any of my questions and or solve anything that is out of the ordinary.

Pros

We are a mid-size accounting and bookkeeping firm and payroll is a large part of our services for both Canadian and US payroll. Wagepoint is the most efficient, easy to use, cost-effective and accurate payroll service on the market. The reporting is great and the support team is fantastic! I never have to worry about payroll processing. Our clients love that the employees have their own log on to retrieve paystubs and annual T-slips and W-2 slips. Overall - best quality payroll service out there!

Cons

None so far and I have used this service over 3 years!

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Monika,
We are beyond delighted that you and your clients are so happy. Payroll is mission-critical and it doesn't have to be a pain.

Laurie

Exceptional Customer Service

Reviewed on 26/10/2021

Impressive customer service. I've used it for years, and I find they are quick to respond if you have questions or concerns. I had a problem yesterday trying to get a new employee paid (which had absolutely nothing to do with Wagepoint). Instead of telling me "sorry, you need to fix this on your side before we can pay them", they came up with a resolution within three hours of me calling the customer service line as well as keeping me updated every step of the way. It involved a couple of other departments to sort it out so the speed of finding a resolution was amazing - just killer customer service by their entire team! Can't thank them enough and highly recommend Wagepoint.

Pros

It's simple to set up and extremely easy to use; easily exported into accounting software (Xero), therefore saving a ton of work posting manual payroll journals. It's also very cost effective compared to other providers.

Cons

It would be great if the departments assigned in to employees exported over to the department field in Xero. Department is noted in the description though, so it's straightforward to add it myself, but would be good if that was automated. I'd also like to see employee self-onboarding i.e. I enter name, SIN, salary and the employee gets invited to input the rest of the info.

Nancy

Ease of Use and Auto Run

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

We required an online solution for payroll to integrate with our cloud technology. Not being payroll specialist ourselves, we have found WagePoint support invaluable. Their response time and insight is amazing!!

Pros

We have found WagePoint software to be intuitive and easy to implement. Their auto-run feature is fantastic! Set it and forget it for salaried employess. This has been a huge time saver for us. We have only recommended WagePoint to our clients since our first introduction to them two years ago. WagePoint fits well in our cloud environment.

Cons

There has been no query that support has not been able to address and solve for us. Our payroll needs are not advanced and WagePoint has been able to meet all requirements. We really have no cons to mention.

Carleen

Great product!

Reviewed on 13/11/2019

Pros

I really like the ease of setting up a payroll to run and how simple it is to pay hourly and salaried staff. Updating employee data is simple. I also like that a GL can be assigned to particular earnings or deductions. I also like getting the confirmation email after the payroll has been submitted as a peace of mind to know that it's been processed. Customer support, although only through email, is amazingly fast and often resolve an issue within two messages. Integration with other timesheet apps is easy and makes processing payroll that much faster. The online support documents are helpful when you need a high level or quick answer to a question.

Cons

I find the reporting is very limited - it would be nice to create a custom report with specific parameters, as well as a choice of output options on the report. Some reports are only available in a pdf format, which is not always the best option. I also find mapping the chart of accounts for accounting integration is difficult and it is almost impossible to find where an error is without involving assistance from Customer Service.

Caitlin

Best payroll provider!

Reviewed on 27/6/2016

We switched our payroll from Ceridian to Wagepoint 2 years ago. I dreaded having to login to Ceridian because it was so archaic and not user friendly at all. It was so hard to find information. I could feel myself getting emotionally frustrated. I hated that I was asking my employees to also use such an outdated piece of software that would also cause them frustration and pain. Then I switched to Wagepoint and my biggest regret was that I didn't switch sooner. Wagepoint is sooo easy to use, it's incredibly automated and their team is incredibly helpful. I never have to worry about anything with Wagepoint. I never miss a payment, I never pay late because of a holiday. I love that it modern and easy for my employees to use. Using Wagepoint is the best decision I have ever made when it comes to payroll!

Pros

Automated. Payroll happens seamlessly every two weeks. Beautiful easy to use interface. Excellent Customer Service. I'm never late with payroll because of a holiday. My employees enjoy using Wagepoint.

Cons

I honestly have never come across a con while using this software. Anytime I've had a question I get immediate support.

Dana

One of the Best Payroll Softwares

Reviewed on 1/2/2019

Wagepoint is very easy to use and has always provide the most accurate info and reporting. Not only is it an amazing payroll software but their customer support is the best I've ever seen. I never have to worry about running into problems because I know that they will respond quickly and help me resolve and issues I have.

Pros

This software is extremely user friendly, it provides reminder emails, I am able to customize payroll and the deductions needed, and the customer support is the best I have ever experienced.

Cons

I do not have any complaints with this software. On the rare occasion that i have an issue, their customer support if on top of it. I never have to wait and always receive a quick response.

Alison

Amazing Payroll Software!

Reviewed on 3/8/2016

Wagepoint has been attentive to our needs and thorough with their service from the beginning when we started working with them in 2010. All the support staff are fantastic to deal with and the software makes the payroll part of my job a whiz.

Pros

Fast customer support, the ability to process everything myself, the ability to customize payroll needs, the use of automated reporting and automated remittance and the ease of use

Cons

Xero integration does not work in the easiest way for all customers

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Alison,
We're just as excited about having you as a long time customer :) Thank you for all the kind words, and we appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback.
I'll be sure to share your comments about the Xero integration with our dev team and and see if we can make it even better.
In the meantime, if you need anything at all, please feel free to reach out to us via [email protected], and we'd be happy to help!
Cheers,
Leena

Monika
  • Industry: Consumer Services

To the Point

Reviewed on 6/1/2023

Every day use is quick and easy and only takes seconds to input hours. Super useful and easy access to paystubs and T4's as well as employment info.

Pros

So easy to use and browser usage and localized employment info.

Cons

The App starts off with having a Pin set up for access, and no way to change said pin or set a new one Via the Browser.

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Monika,

Thank you very much for your review!

Hearing that you are finding Wagepoint easy to use puts a smile on face :) There are many other things to be worrying about in todays world and I am glad to hear that Payroll isn't one of them!

Summer
  • Industry: Food & Beverages

Cannot do payroll without it!

Reviewed on 3/12/2019

I want to say a big Thank You to the support team! They saved my day many times!

Pros

1)processes are easy to follow and adjust. 2)Customer support team are amazing!!!

Cons

If I have to say one, sometimes it is hard to get reports as exactly what I want, but not a big trouble to me. Still functions perfectly.

Nicole
  • Industry: Import & Export

GREAT and EASY to use

Reviewed on 25/7/2016

Use wagepoint for my payroll service and love that it is quick and easy to use. Helped us when our accounting program stopped being supported and tax tables were not available.

Pros

Ease of use and ability to access reports

Cons

That vacation is only accrued by percentage instead of hours as all our employees receive 3 weeks vacation and the accrual in wagepoint does not accurately reflect this. None of my employees are receiving notifications that their pay stubs are available.

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Nicole,
Thank you for your kind words, and we also appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.
We took a look at your account set up and noticed that employees had not been invited to set up their Wagepoint self-serve accounts. We have taken care of this on our end, so moving forward, your employees will receive an email notification to let them know their pay stubs are ready for viewing.
As for the vacation accrual, would you be interested in a demo of our paid time off management app, Luna? It's fully integrated with Wagepoint and vacation balances are automatically updated. It might help with the issue you are experiencing.
Either way, I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards,
Leena Thampan
Head of Marketing & Customer Success

Daniel
  • Industry: Accounting

Great app for Small Businesses needing payroll with a lot of autmation

Reviewed on 8/6/2023

Pros

Easy to navigate and use. Easy to setup and roll out.

Cons

There could be better reports. The ability to correct the CRA BN is crucial, yet the support says it's not possible. Email only support needs to be improved. Companies like mine should be able to have a telephone number for a dedicated support team / person.

Kate
  • Industry: Higher Education

Perfect for our Small Business

Reviewed on 16/1/2020

Pros

Wagepoint's customer service is incredible. They never judge my limited knowledge of payroll processing and taxation issues, and always provide very clear instructions and options when issues come up. Not only that, they hold my hand through any troubleshooting that needs to take place (and often do it for me . . .). The system is fairly intuitive, and there are processes in place to prevent any major catastrophes from my lack of payroll knowledge!

Cons

It's tricky to figure out the pay periods (paid from -DATE- to -DATE-) because we are in a gig based industry, so predicting future compensation is not possible. Likely there is a solution that can be found in the Q&A and tutorials, but I have not explored it yet.

Oliver
  • Industry: Leisure, Travel & Tourism
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

Classic example of a tech business trying to cut corners

Reviewed on 29/11/2020

Theres a "we don't really care, we just want to make money" vibe around this business.

Pros

Nothing. This software looks nice, but the back of house is a poorly designed, and the customer support system is very challenging to navigate.

Cons

Wagepoint was integrated with Quickbooks. It was very difficult to make changes to any payroll. At the end of November 2020, QBs and Wagepoint separated. I spent DAYS attempting to navigate the changes. I would consider myself very tech capable, i followed all there instructions, but at every turn there was an issue, or a warning message, or a "its us, not you" note. It's now been a week, i still haven't been able to process payroll, I have spoke to 4 "customer support" agents. All they do is take your information and say they will call back. After the 3rd call, i told them it was very urgent and they put me on hold. Then came back and said they'd call back in 3 days!!!!!! All of this during their transition from Wagepoint to QB. Why don't you have additional support available during such a big transition??? I'm very disappointed.

Denise
  • Industry: Accounting

Thank you for the outstanding customer service

Reviewed on 16/10/2019

Love navigating easily to client files and collaborating with clients!

Love navigating easily to client files and collaborating with clients!

Pros

We love that the interface is mostly easy to navigate (for us and for the employees/employers who use it)

Cons

Navigating reports can be challenging and changing settings too but customer service is available to help tweak what you need from your payroll program.

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Denise,
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we'll keep working making the reports easier and even more user-friendly.

• Used for 2+ years

Excellent software and service.

Reviewed on 16/6/2021

We've been really happy with Wagepoint overall.
It's a time saver and has been extremely easy to...

We've been really happy with Wagepoint overall.
It's a time saver and has been extremely easy to use.
The few times we've had questions, the customer service has given us solutions immediately and were extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with!

Pros

Easy to navigate.
The employees can look up their info easily.
No problem setting up and removing rotating employees.
Excellent customer service.

Cons

I really haven't had any issues that have disappointed me.