Wagepoint

Simple payroll software built just for small businesses.

4.6/5
4.4/5
4.6/5
4.7/5

Joy

Excellent customer service

Reviewed on 6/12/2018

The software helps manage employees on different schedules, contractual and permanent. It makes it easy to pay workers, calculate taxes with ease and directly deposit the salaries to the employees using the software. It is simple to understand and user friendly.

Pros

I must comment on the customer support team, they are always ready to help and respond to customer queries. Is it very useful in paying contractual staff daily , weekly and montly.

Cons

It is only suitable for small organizations, this limits its use in large multinational companies.

Janine
  • Industry: Accounting

Excellent customer service to back up a very user friendly product

Reviewed on 6/12/2019

Aside from the report period variation described above, Wagepoint has been very easy to use and the customer support (when needed) has been very quick and helpful.

Pros

-Very user friendly for business owners as well as bookkeepers
-Easy set up and clean dashboard
-Employees love direct deposit and ease of access for paystubs/T4's
-Business Owners like the WSIB and Tax payments

Cons

We recently underwent a payroll audit and had to produce 12 months of reports. Although the source deductions must be calculated and remitted monthly by Wagepoint on the back end, the only reports available on the user side were based on pay periods. Since my client has weekly payruns, it was very tedious to download each week and the auditor was not thrilled having to consolidate it and try to match monthly remittances.

Rory
  • Industry: Oil & Energy
  • Used Monthly for 1+ year

The epitome of getting what you pay for

Reviewed on 4/11/2020

The customer service is atrocious; I have an email chain documenting unimaginable buffoonery. The height of their incompetence would be hilarious on a show like The Office:
I emailed to confirm they weren't making tax filings for a quarter (as I was in the process of transitioning to a competent service). They left me a voicemail that unfortunately the filing had already been made because apparently I hadn't clicked the proper toggle on the website, even though I'd requested from customer service several months earlier that the filings be suspended. I asked to have the filings emailed to me immediately to confirm what was filed. They refused, saying it would be posted to my account within a few days (but after the filing deadline, of course).
When the filings still weren't posted by then, I asked where they were. Another rep responded that they were under the impression I didn't want the filings made, so they hadn't been done. If I'd like the filing done, they would - but charge me $75 since it was a $0-filing.
I called and reached a receptionist who claimed he could only take a message and was unable to transfer me to a human being. Roughly a day later, a 3rd company rep emailed to report they'd made the filing (for free bc of the "confusion" but w/o actually consulting me on how I wanted to handle the situation). When asked how they planned to address the late-filing penalties, they warned that the responsibility for timely filings was "ultimately" mine. Are you kidding me?

Pros

I was initially attracted to (and eventually chose) this payroll provider for its simplistic cost structure: $22/payroll with all tax filings included. That turned out to be false - if you don't run any payrolls in a quarter, the cost for literally filing a bunch of $0s more than triples to $75.
Additionally, I initially liked what I thought was a straightforward and user-friendly interface. That also ended up being false, with the clunky functionality not allowing for granularity such specifying which filings to make in a quarter or personalizing reports.

Cons

It's incredibly clunky, unable to be personalized and reports seem designed to be confusing and not align with each other.
Want to specify that a tax filing not be made with one agency this quarter? Too bad; it's all or nothing.
Want to compare quarterly tax filings with payroll reports? Sorry; they're formatted completely differently and unable to be modified.
Want just a comprehensive year-end report? Sure, but that'll cost you upwards of $100.
Additionally, the reports failed to indicate my corporate FICA contributions, so I almost missed taking that substantial deduction.

Patrice

Wagepoint makes it easy!!!

Reviewed on 3/11/2022

Very positive and supportive.

Pros

It’s just so easy to use. Payroll and set up. You can even have your employees sign up with their own portal. It’s easy.

Cons

Setting up the tax deductions was difficult because I had to set up accounts with the state tax department.

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Patrice,

Thank you so much for your review. Hearing that Wagepoint has made running payroll that much easier for you is music to our ears! This is exactly why we do what we do :)

Have a great day!

Joe

Idiot-Proof Software

Reviewed on 26/1/2022

I always hated calculating stat holiday pay. Wagepoint takes care of everything. I don't have to submit employee hours or anything. They also take care of remitting the taxes to the government, another thing I hate.

Pros

Easy to adjust employee wages.
Easy to add/remove columns eg. Commission, Bonus, Stat Holiday, etc...
They calculate Stat Holiday pay.
They remit the payroll deductions for you.
Easy to create and view reports.

Cons

There was one time that I wanted to look up an employee's pay stub, but it had not been created yet. Not a big deal, but that's the only negative I can come up with.

Susana

Great customer service

Reviewed on 6/12/2019

Excellent customer service

Pros

Save time at calculating the holidays and issuing the Yearly reports to CRA

Cons

The communication is through email rather than phone

Response from Wagepoint

Thanks for your feedback, Susana. It's very much appreciated.

John

Fantastic Product

Reviewed on 17/9/2021

With the size of our plumbing company I'm thrilled with this product.

Pros

The ease of use is my favourite aspect of the Wagepoint software.

Cons

My wish list would consist of being able to flag reports that I use frequently. Not a huge concern but it would be nice to have your favourite reports section.

Dayforce HCM and QuickBooks Time

Reasons for Switching to Wagepoint

Ease of use and the price is very reasonable for the amount of time someone actually uses payroll software with having 5 employees.

Amazing Customer Service

Reviewed on 16/3/2022

It’s been awesome!

Pros

Wonderful customer service, they were understanding, communicative and responsive.

Cons

Hmmm none I can think of at the moment.

Dayforce HCM and ADP Workforce Now

Reasons for Choosing Wagepoint

Rates and my accountant uses Wagepoint

Humi

Reasons for Switching to Wagepoint

Heard good things and wanted to try it out.
Anika

Great so far!

Reviewed on 25/11/2019

Pros

It's been a year since we came onboard and we couldn't be happier with the product and the level of customer service their team provides. We used ADP prior to Wagepoint and running each payroll was just dreadful. Wagepoint is superior to ADP and running payroll with Wagepoint is really simple and smooth. We are glad that we made the switch a year ago.

Cons

No major downside, their price is on point.

Josee
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Simple, quick and affordable

Reviewed on 28/4/2022

Pros

I loved the minimal learning curve there was to a new software like Wagepoint. I’m not techy or business savvy, so the ease of use and support has made Wagepoint a program I don’t think I’ll ever go without.

Cons

I don’t have any cons, everything has been quick and easy with minimal support requiu

QuickBooks Payroll

Reasons for Switching to Wagepoint

Pricing was the biggest factor in deciding.
Jane
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

We use lots of Software. Among them, Wagepoint is my most favorite one.

Reviewed on 7/12/2019

Wagepoint support team helped me a lot. They created customized GL for my client, created incomes and deductions codes for my clients. Whenever I have question, I always get help. I have learned a lot from the support team. So professional and powerful a team.

Pros

Easy to use, friendly, professional, functional.

I real appreciate Wagepoint Support Team's help. The excellence of the support team is the top reason for me to recommend Wagepoint to my clients.

Cons

I hope the deductions can be imported in the near future. I like the earnings import function.

Dayforce HCM and QuickBooks Online Advanced

Reasons for Switching to Wagepoint

Grant Thornton made the decision.
Nancy

Ease of Use and Auto Run

Reviewed on 22/10/2019

We required an online solution for payroll to integrate with our cloud technology. Not being payroll specialist ourselves, we have found WagePoint support invaluable. Their response time and insight is amazing!!

Pros

We have found WagePoint software to be intuitive and easy to implement. Their auto-run feature is fantastic! Set it and forget it for salaried employess. This has been a huge time saver for us. We have only recommended WagePoint to our clients since our first introduction to them two years ago. WagePoint fits well in our cloud environment.

Cons

There has been no query that support has not been able to address and solve for us. Our payroll needs are not advanced and WagePoint has been able to meet all requirements. We really have no cons to mention.

Caitlin

Best payroll provider!

Reviewed on 27/6/2016

We switched our payroll from Ceridian to Wagepoint 2 years ago. I dreaded having to login to Ceridian because it was so archaic and not user friendly at all. It was so hard to find information. I could feel myself getting emotionally frustrated. I hated that I was asking my employees to also use such an outdated piece of software that would also cause them frustration and pain. Then I switched to Wagepoint and my biggest regret was that I didn't switch sooner. Wagepoint is sooo easy to use, it's incredibly automated and their team is incredibly helpful. I never have to worry about anything with Wagepoint. I never miss a payment, I never pay late because of a holiday. I love that it modern and easy for my employees to use. Using Wagepoint is the best decision I have ever made when it comes to payroll!

Pros

Automated. Payroll happens seamlessly every two weeks. Beautiful easy to use interface. Excellent Customer Service. I'm never late with payroll because of a holiday. My employees enjoy using Wagepoint.

Cons

I honestly have never come across a con while using this software. Anytime I've had a question I get immediate support.

Alison

Amazing Payroll Software!

Reviewed on 3/8/2016

Wagepoint has been attentive to our needs and thorough with their service from the beginning when we started working with them in 2010. All the support staff are fantastic to deal with and the software makes the payroll part of my job a whiz.

Pros

Fast customer support, the ability to process everything myself, the ability to customize payroll needs, the use of automated reporting and automated remittance and the ease of use

Cons

Xero integration does not work in the easiest way for all customers

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Alison,
We're just as excited about having you as a long time customer :) Thank you for all the kind words, and we appreciate you taking the time to share this feedback.
I'll be sure to share your comments about the Xero integration with our dev team and and see if we can make it even better.
In the meantime, if you need anything at all, please feel free to reach out to us via [email protected], and we'd be happy to help!
Cheers,
Leena

Kevin
  • Industry: Architecture & Planning

Great value for money for small business

Reviewed on 1/11/2021

Superb experience overall... wish all my experiences with SaaS providers was a strong.

Pros

Easy to use and good selection of reports. Easy setup for new employees and handy employee self-serve portal for paystubs + T4. As a small business with avg 10 employees Wagepoint is a low cost solution with all the features we need. Customer service has always been quick and great whenever needed. They responded quickly during the pandemic to incorporate federal wage subsidy programs which was amazing... saved us a tonne of hassle. Recently released ROE enhancements will be great when needed too.

Cons

Almost nothing we don't like based on our requirements.

Deborah

We love Wagepoint!

Reviewed on 25/7/2016

Wagepoint has provided amazing support and service. Their product is exceptional, and their response to any situation is quick and reliable.

Pros

Wagepoint is available 24/7, is so simple to use, and is accurate an reliable.

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Deborah,

We love you right back :) Thank you for being so awesome and supportive as a customer. We really appreciate it.

If you need anything at all, feel free to reach out to us anytime. We're always happy to help.

Regards,
Leena Thampan
Head of Marketing & Customer Success

Marina

The best payroll software

Reviewed on 11/6/2021

It is just great! Customer service responds in minutes.

Pros

Direct deposit, reports, CRA remittance, WSIB payment, QBO connection

Cons

I like everything. It is just great software.

Nicole
  • Industry: Import & Export

GREAT and EASY to use

Reviewed on 25/7/2016

Use wagepoint for my payroll service and love that it is quick and easy to use. Helped us when our accounting program stopped being supported and tax tables were not available.

Pros

Ease of use and ability to access reports

Cons

That vacation is only accrued by percentage instead of hours as all our employees receive 3 weeks vacation and the accrual in wagepoint does not accurately reflect this. None of my employees are receiving notifications that their pay stubs are available.

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Nicole,
Thank you for your kind words, and we also appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.
We took a look at your account set up and noticed that employees had not been invited to set up their Wagepoint self-serve accounts. We have taken care of this on our end, so moving forward, your employees will receive an email notification to let them know their pay stubs are ready for viewing.
As for the vacation accrual, would you be interested in a demo of our paid time off management app, Luna? It's fully integrated with Wagepoint and vacation balances are automatically updated. It might help with the issue you are experiencing.
Either way, I look forward to hearing from you.
Regards,
Leena Thampan
Head of Marketing & Customer Success

Kate
  • Industry: Higher Education

Perfect for our Small Business

Reviewed on 16/1/2020

Pros

Wagepoint's customer service is incredible. They never judge my limited knowledge of payroll processing and taxation issues, and always provide very clear instructions and options when issues come up. Not only that, they hold my hand through any troubleshooting that needs to take place (and often do it for me . . .). The system is fairly intuitive, and there are processes in place to prevent any major catastrophes from my lack of payroll knowledge!

Cons

It's tricky to figure out the pay periods (paid from -DATE- to -DATE-) because we are in a gig based industry, so predicting future compensation is not possible. Likely there is a solution that can be found in the Q&A and tutorials, but I have not explored it yet.

Bill

Wagepoint - great payroll service at a very reasonable price

Reviewed on 14/9/2016

Have used Wagepoint for about 3 years and have only had 3 or 4 instances when I needed any assistance. Each time they solved my issue in a super prompt and friendly manner. I have had previous experience with a different major payroll service provider and they are not even in the same league as Wagepoint when it comes to Customer Service.

Pros

Website is very friendly; easy to learn, easy to use and an average payroll requires very little time to complete. We don't even have to distribute paystubs. Wagepoint does that for us by providing each employees with online access to all their personal information.

Cons

Nothing is perfect but I can't think of any suggestions for improvement

Craig

RUN RUN RUN AWAY

Reviewed on 17/3/2020

Terrible. Spend an extra 5-10 per month and go with a company that will actually help you out. I have done payroll for over 20 years. Ive done it by hand and have used other companies. I decided to try to save some money and went with wagepoint. BIG mistake and ended up costing me more. I had an issue on one of my end of year forms that needed to get fixed. simple fix. or should have been but getting a hold of someone that knew what needed to be done and then actually getting them to do it was a nightmare. On top of that they charged me $400 to have it done. Fine, I paid it. It was partially my fault. They were supposed to make all the corrections and make the corrections so it wouldnt happen again. NOPE!. Shame on me I continued to use them for the next year. Lo and behold the next year the same thing happens and then they want to charge me again to have it fixed when I already paid them to fix it the first time and they never made the changes. OMG I am fuming mad writing this review. They make me so angry, and I am not an angry person. PLEASE do yourself a favor and go with someone that will actually help you out and not try to rip you off and charge you twice for something.

Pros

price is the only good thing about their service. Despite the price I would never ever recommend this service to someone. The customer service TERRIBLE. Don't ever expect a phone call back.

Cons

Zip, zero, zilch customer service. The customer service terrible. The user interface is not very good either.

Response from Wagepoint

Hi Craig,
First, let us apologize. Second, let me pass this directly to our head of support who will reach out to speak with you directly.
Michelle

Crystal
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Most User Friendly Payroll Company I've Used to date!

Reviewed on 2/11/2015

Pros

The website is very easy to use both as administrator and an employee. I've used other payroll companies (Payworks & Ceridian) both as an administrator and an employee and found this very user friendly compared to other sites. Everything is very straightforward, explanatory and easy to find.

Cons

I have no complaints about Wagepoint to date. Everything on their website is very user friendly and easy to find. I haven't had to use customer service yet for anything however our administrator has and I know he's said they have been incredibly helpful any time he has required any help or had questions.

Gary
  • Used for 2+ years

Excellent software and service.

Reviewed on 16/6/2021

We've been really happy with Wagepoint overall.
It's a time saver and has been extremely easy to use.
The few times we've had questions, the customer service has given us solutions immediately and were extremely helpful and pleasant to deal with!

Pros

Easy to navigate.
The employees can look up their info easily.
No problem setting up and removing rotating employees.
Excellent customer service.

Cons

I really haven't had any issues that have disappointed me.

Ross

Wagepoint is easily the best payroll service we've used.

Reviewed on 23/10/2015

Pros

They respond to email questions *immediately* - an absolute treat to deal with. I never have to wait long for an answer (like, a couple hours at MOST), and they're more interested in making sure that they've solved your problem and you're satisfied than just "getting rid of you".

Cons

Sometimes if you wait till the last moment to process your payroll their servers are busy, but it doesn't happen often.

Charles
  • Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

Very User Friendly Software

Reviewed on 11/6/2021

Definitely a WOW factor.

Pros

The software is excellent for small scale operations. Very user-friendly, interactive with QuickBooks accounting software, easy to work within. Any time we have had to reach out to Customer Support, the speed of response and quality of response has been beyond impressive. Highly recommend Wagepoint for payroll administration and processing of payroll.

Cons

Would not suggest anything negative from our experience with this software.