Kanban Tool

4.7/5

Mariano P.

Flexible and intuitive tool

Reviewed on 2/12/2019

Use in combination with Todoist, combining it through Zapier. This way I have the best of both worlds and I manage the work using few resources.

Pros

Execute well the metaphor of physical panel on the wall with all the power of online tools.

Cons

It is necessary to be organized not to overturn too much information and that the boards do not become unmanageable.

Asana

Reasons for Choosing Kanban Tool

Trello lacks the tools to measure the progress of the work.

Trello

Reasons for Switching to Kanban Tool

Because he lacks the tools to measure work.
Trineka N.
  • Industry: Primary/Secondary Education
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

Excellent

Reviewed on 18/8/2020

I can't believe how user friendly Kanban Tool is. We have used the physical Kanban board in the past, but using it online is great when one of us is offsite, we can easily check or add to our boards.

Pros

Having completed the Agile Foundation Course a few years ago, the Kanban Tool was a real find. It is quick, effective and good use of both our time. We have a quick 'stand-up' every day to look at the board and what each of us have added. We love the fact it is easy to move tasks around, add check lists, due dates and new boards and assign tasks to each other.

Cons

It may just be a feature I haven't discovered, but I would like to make the actual board wider across the page.

Richard J.

Kanban Tool For Mortgage Brokerage

Reviewed on 17/1/2022

I have spent 6 months looking for a cost effective Kanban tool. I have tried multiple CRM systems and Kanban tools throughout all of which have appeared overly complex, daunting and off putting without ever really giving me what I need as a sole trader. Kanbans flexibility, affordable low monthly cost and system functionality is perfect for me as a mortgage broker. I would gladly (and have) recommended this to other colleagues in the industry.

Pros

Easy to Use
Quick to Set up
Reminders linked to email and outlook calendar
Personalisation features allow this to meet the needs of my business
Multiple Boards available
Future dated reminders for product renewals can be set.

Cons

Email task reminders take you direct to the clients card however sometimes for a client I can have multiple tasks so having the email specific to the task that is due that day would save time reviewing your clients card to establish which task is due on that given day.

Ease of use. Ability to personalise cards ABility to have multiple boards Cost
  • Industry: Automotive

I expected more

Reviewed on 24/12/2018

Pros

It is a good projects and task management tool, visual and easy-to-use. But as I've used other tools already, I'm not impressed with this one. It's cheap.

Cons

I advise you to try it out and see for yourself if this one fits your needs or not. For us Trello and Evernote are better but you might be delighted by it.

Courtney M.
  • Industry: Biotechnology
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Simple and Effective

Reviewed on 9/11/2021

Pros

The software is easy to use and intuitive. I was able to easily set up a project board for myself and my team to manage several ongoing projects, include the dependencies, and have a quick visual available for team meetings. The software does not feel like it creates additional work just to track work, which is a bonus. Reoccurring tasks stay to the side, not cluttering the board with redundancy. Exporting due dates to the calendar allows for an additional safety check to not miss anything important.

Cons

Reoccurring tasks do not populate to Outlook, would be a great addition. Along the same lines, for reoccurring tasks, the ability to have them occur on a specific day instead of just date (i.e. the 3rd Monday of the month, instead of having to choose 14th of the month).

Trello

Reasons for Switching to Kanban Tool

Kanban Tool has been more intuitive and simple to work with.
Andi S.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Enjoy the swimlane!

Reviewed on 8/11/2021

Open Kanban Tool and work! It's easy to understand.

Pros

Easy to use and I like the swimlanes - never saw this in other tools.

Cons

Well, it's not cheap - but powerfull! The free version is about only two boards. A little more would be nice.

• Industry: Nonprofit Organisation Management

A great tool for taking the lessons from the software development world into other domains.

Reviewed on 28/9/2021

Pros

When working as software development manager with multiple teams juggling many priorities and interruptions, I found the Kanban methodology extraordinarily beneficial in helping to organize multiple complex work streams. This affordable Kanban tool provides the same benefits for managing my personal affairs and volunteer organization commitments, by helping me easily break down often daunting/unpleasant epics into manageable chunks and defining the custom workflow I need to most effectively actually progress/accomplish them.

Cons

No shortcomings yet for my use but will update if I uncover any.

Nathan T.
  • Industry: Civic & Social Organization

Kanban tool for keeping track of projects and developments

Reviewed on 19/10/2021

I use it to keep track of all my ongoing tasks. The flexibility of the cards and categories means that I can easily track requests that are ongoing, on pause, that require immediate action, etc.

Pros

I love that I can really customize the cards. This is the only tool that allowed me to create flexible cards that fit my varied uses.

Cons

I found that the android app was less polished than I would have liked, but I don't use it so it's not an issue for me.

monday.com

Reasons for Switching to Kanban Tool

Ease of use and customization.
Thomas B.
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Manage your now via Kanban Tool

Reviewed on 25/11/2021

I could easily use Kanban tool to try out the idea of Manage your now by building a Kanban board with the suggested swim lanes and columns, thanks to the flexibility it offers.

Pros

Flexibility got me. I love, how I am able to group all the tasks, use oh so many colors, a personalized background, and much more. And all of that in the free version!

Cons

It offers so many possibilities how to be remioneded of an due task, exept one: some sort of pop-up on the kanban board.

Daniel D.

Best Kanbantool

Reviewed on 18/12/2021

Pros

Easy use and fast to learn. In addition the support is really nice.

Cons

The colors wouldn't be my personal choice

Ryan D.

Flexible, Intuitive Time and Task Management

Reviewed on 20/4/2017

I was recently on the hunt for a task management tool that I could run separate from the commercial products used at my workplace. This would allow me to add in personal tasks and lower level tasks that weren't appropriate to track in the enterprise boards I was a part of.

I came upon Kanban Tool and was immediately impressed by the set up options; At a basic level, you already have access to basic, time and event driven Kanban boards, as well as several types of team boards for collaboration. From there, you can further customize the columns, number of lanes, and functions. You can import and export tasks through .csv and and calendar, making everything portable.

In practice, I was impressed with the simplicity of the cards on the board. They can be created by color, helpful when trying to manage a bunch of different workflows like I am. At a glance, I can also see the priority, days until due (or past due days!), and the number of sub-tasks within a card. That's right - You can set up checklists WITHIN the card, which is hugely useful. If you like to have a card for each subtask, you can do that to, and mark subsequent tasks as blocked until the subtask is complete. I also enabled a cool extra that causes cards to "fade" over time, giving another visual cue to things that aren't getting done.

Time tracking for each task was a bit of a revelation. Once I got in the habit of shifting every task I was working (The timer starts as soon as you put it in the "in progress" zone), I got really good info on what type of tasks were chewing up time, and even on the fact that I was working on a lot of things throughout the day that I didn't think to track.

Finally, Kanban Tool offers what they call "Power-ups", which are basically plugins. The ones I have been really excited about are the ability to attach files to Dropbox or Onedrive, a custom Chromecast feature that allows the board to be cast up to a TV (Great for my family chore board in particular!), and one that allows you to manipulate checklists without opening cards.

In the end, the only real niggle I had with the product was that while I can manually arrange cards in the To Do area (I use multiple swim lanes), one lane can't be longer than the others.

I am an enthusiastic product researcher, so I was a bit surprised when my productivity management hunt just lost steam after starting with Kanban Tool. For flexibility and daily use, I couldn't ask for more.

Pros

Flexibility, extensibility, intuitive interface.

Cons

Not being able to fully manually arrange to do items.

Luis M.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Pure Kanban

Reviewed on 6/3/2021

We were using other systems to track our projects, we tried several and our associates didn't identify themselves with any of them, we try it all, time managers, other online tools, none worked until we found out Kanban Tool, since the beginning we fell in love with the tool, they are tracking their work better than ever before, now they don't feel pressured or intimidated by the tools is easy simple take them seconds to track their work and overall we are happy campers.

Pros

The clean and intuitive user interface, it's really easy to feed and get information from the system, the personalization is great to, having your own domain, simplifies integration with internal systems, for us security is very important because we manage sensitive projects for our customers and Kanban Tool complies with our requirements like SSO, 2FA and user roles. The customization features are great too, you can start working with the system out of the box and once you are immerse in the daily activities you can customize the system to fit your needs it has lots of options at your disposal.

Cons

I think small business should have high quality options to start, it would be great that the free version had at least a 4 users for free, but well I understand is a business too

Miguel G.
  • Industry: Graphic Design

A Kanban board that caters to any needs

Reviewed on 16/4/2018

Kanban Tool is truly one of the best Kanban applications I have seen. It is definitely a Kanban purist, providing functionality beyond simple boards with drag and drop functionality. It provides plenty of features to make this a very functional application for environments who truly embrace the use of Kanban boards. The UI is simple and clean... nothing fancy, just pure functionality.

Pros

Kanban Tool offers true kanban board functionality with an amazing number of features and customization abilities not found in other Kanban products. Kanban Tool lets you create Kanban boards of any size and style. Start with a default simple board and expand columns and swimlanes as needed. Customize the cards by various types, as well as customize the fields you wish to display. Kanban Tool starts with 11 fields and lets you add another 15 custom fields. Reconfigure your board and choose from about 2 dozen power up apps to make your experience better.

Cons

Kanban Tool avoided the eye candy most other developers often rely on to bring customers on-board. They left well enough alone. No fancy UI's, just truly functional product. In hind-sight, this is not necessarily a CON, but thought it deserved to be mentioned.

Ran K.
  • Industry: Insurance

Great tool to disseminate and monitor team tasks

Reviewed on 15/8/2018

great tool overall.

Pros

Kanban is used by many departments for tasks.
We are able to track and disseminate tasks to team members and know were additional resources are needed. Very intuitive UI interface.

Cons

unable to sort tickets visually, search tool can be improved much more to do quick and more in depth search.

Response from Shore Labs

We highly recommend sorting cards by any chosen criteria, by right-clicking an empty space between cards in any column.

• Industry: Automotive

Very efficient

Reviewed on 19/1/2017

Kanban tool does what it claims to be best at facilitating smooth team collaboration in an easy, no-nonsense way. Love the new design they've brought out, love the ease of creating new projects, love the maintenance-free time tracking, love their quick support team.

Pros

This is probably one of the 3 easiest to get to know applications I have come across.

Cons

Not the best mobile support, I'm afraid.

Simone F.
  • Industry: Higher Education
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Effective tool to master your personal and team productivity

Reviewed on 24/4/2019

The overall experience is fantastic because you can take note of every activity and make it done for sure!
Also it's funny to move cards and customize their colour, the visual impact is actually helping your work.
Finally a word must be said on Support Service: they are very professional!

Pros

The flexibility in task organisation, swim lanes are fantastic to group related tasks.
The possibility to add details, files, checklists, is great!
Also remainders and priority&due dates are very useful.

Cons

The software is free only for 2 users, this limitation is quite strict.

Casmin G.
  • Industry: Telecommunications
  • Company size: 501-1,000 Employees

Great tool for productivity.

Reviewed on 29/3/2018

Improved efficiency and team output.

Pros

It's a great tool to improve team productivity. Whether you're in software development, sales, or marketing, it's awesome. You can easily view everyone's tasks on one board and then assign new ones, rate tasks based on difficulty and time needed, set deadlines, and more.

Cons

It is the best tool for project tracking and staying on task and productive. The only little complaint I have is that unless you log in, you can't easily see all the changes that have been made.

Edgar R.
  • Industry: Museums & Institutions
  • Used Daily for Free Trial

A great jump for Kanban boards online

Reviewed on 1/3/2021

Using the trial version lets you play around with all the features for 15 days, plus someone from Kanban Tool's team wrote to me to be by my side in case I needed some guidance. Multi-language support is also available and cross app implementation (including a mobile version for Android an iOS) makes it a very rich and powerful tool.

Pros

Implementing Kanban boards on any industry not only helps improving time, resources and making life easier... If you know how to implement them. It's not that troublesome and thats what is great about this tool, finally a version online that is easily editable and adapted to your project needs is at your fingertips. No wonder why so many great companies are among their clients.

Cons

It's a little pricey for the small project manager but for bigger and more ambitious managers is this worth every penny.

Mary grace E.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Efficient Kanban Tool

Reviewed on 11/9/2018

Pros

I love using this tool because I can easily manage and track the status of my projects. It helps to my team to update their assignments from time to time.

Cons

Limited user for the free version. A little bit expensive but worth it for the organizations to make it better.

Marie kris S.
  • Industry: Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

Easy to Manage Tool

Reviewed on 9/10/2018

Pros

I like this tool in managing and deliberations of task to my team. I can easily organized the activities and monitor their work.

Cons

So far I have no negative experienced in this software. The functions and features are very great and easy to use.

Charlotte M.
  • Company size: 5,001-10,000 Employees

Excellent on-the-go tool for working from home and in the office

Reviewed on 22/2/2021

Pros

Like a lot of people, I’ve been working from home more often, sometimes going into the office once or twice a week. I was fed up with lugging my several notebooks around with me. I also felt uninspired when I saw my untidy rushed squiggles on a page. My colleague introduced me to Kanban tool, and I’ve been using it ever since. My favourite feature is the checklist when it is on display! I love the satisfaction of ticking it off my list, whilst still being able to see my achievements.

Cons

I have the free version, which is great because it’s free. However a few things slightly annoy me.
One being how different sized boxes don’t fit together seamlessly. Imagine a game of Tetris, each shape fits neatly against the other. This is the opposite unless all your boxes are the same size, and if you have varying sized checklists then this is impossible.

I used this with a small startup in the Philippines and it worked well.

Reviewed on 29/7/2018

An easy visual for a team that spoke two different languages. There were also members of the sales team that had very minimal experience with project management requirements, documentation, and technology as a whole. The visual ease of this tool created less stress and everyone knew what expectations were required yesterday, today, and tomorrow. What held them up, what actions they had that held others in limbo, and of course the ability to celebrate in unison when the team accomplished a goal.

Pros

Language and cultural differences didn't slow down the learning of the team. The visual ease of the tool is phenomenal. Recording important files, checklists, due dates, and handoffs became very smooth.

Cons

There were older execs on the board that still preferred to see a Gantt chart for the integration of different services. This flies against what Kanban was meant to do. There was no easy way to export a report and create a Gantt chart for others. External reporting as a whole is not easy.

Soumalya N.

Kanban Board

Reviewed on 29/7/2021

Better than Leankit board or other project management tools on licensing and management perspective

Pros

Organized way of managing cards dedicated board and proper lanes
More controlled way of Moving cards
More scalability to add subtasks and metrics

Cons

Its not very intuitive in designing
Should be more user centric on access level

Manuel T.

A Must Have Low Cost and Extremely Intuitive Tool To Have

Reviewed on 9/5/2019

This has been a must have tool for me to organize everything I need to do. Without it, I would be incapable of getting anything done.

Pros

This tool is easy to use and doesn't require any training. The low cost is definitely a plus.

Cons

It isn't extremely sophisticated but I wasn't looking for anything like that anyways so I don't really see that as a negative.

Wolfram S.
  • Industry: Management Consulting

Kanbantool ... an easy to use flexible solution to use Kanban in your projects

Reviewed on 28/9/2021

It does my daily business in project management much easier

Pros

Flexibility, Customizing your needs, Short way from general overview to detailed information, differnt platforms Mac/Windows/iOS/Android, linking to all kind of attachments

Cons

No, at the moment there are no critical gaps in using it

Microsoft 365, Todoist and Trello

Reasons for Switching to Kanban Tool

easy to use and easy to configure