Dolibarr

Solutions for On-line businesses

4.5 /5 (87 reviews) Write a Review!

Nicolas B.
  • Industry: Photography

Great free CRM online or offline

Reviewed on 15/2/2021

Dolibarr is the center of my administrative process : proposal, invoice, delivery, etc...

Pros

Dolibarr is highly customisable to fit all workflows and and usecase. It can be adapted to different kind of business and different size of organisations. It can be installed on various plat-forms, online or offline.

Cons

Integration can be a little bit tricky, but the user's community is really helpfull and the different cases of utilisation are well documented.

Alexis J.
  • Industry: Libraries

Good product, wish it will continue to evolve !

Reviewed on 16/12/2019

Well i use it for a litle library in lebanon. We bub books in france in euros, and sell it in lebanon in usd and LBP.
We also work in consignation, so we put our books in other stores... and we collect then the money each 2 month...

Pros

I like that it has a very good process from proposal to facture. it's modular so i can select the modules i need. So i can chose the level of complication for the end user.
I liked also to be able to buy some plugins that did something.

Cons

Well, it's doing it's job !
i was a litle lost with the multi curency module.
and a module for putting goods in a parthner store (and getting out of the my stock) but doing facturation when it is sold by the parthner. would be realy nice.
in french we call this "consignation".

Virgilio B.

quality opensource

Reviewed on 6/12/2019

As I said, I use and indicate dolibarr for professional and personal purposes as well, from inventory control management to financial control.
I am happy to work with a secure system that also provides me with solving the sometimes serious customer issues regarding database and customizations.
I developed in it a feature of the Brazilian Invoice. This was one of the developments that I performed with total satisfaction.

Pros

I like dolibarr easy to customize, safe to use and practical to solve problems.

Cons

from the lack of plugins or third party resources available to it. On the other hand, I believe this is due to the fear of giving credit to software that could topple big ones in the market.

Josep lluís A.

A great ERP/CRM easy with PHP language

Reviewed on 9/12/2019

Small bussiness or Entities that need a ERP/CRM very cheap.
Also small bussiness or Entities that need a very personalized ERP/CRM for their needs.

Pros

Uses the same programming language that Wordpress, Drupal, o Prestashop.
Very easy to install in most common hostings.
Good and open community.
Free licence GPL.

Cons

More events or meetups in countries that uses Dolibarr for interact with other developers and customers.

Daniel G.
  • Industry: Computer & Network Security

Perfect CRM

Reviewed on 4/10/2019

We are using dolibarr for our whole business process, from customer contact management to invoice.

Pros

- The system is a webbased CRM Suite
- there are many modules for different cases
- the system hast it's own Customer Portal
- Own API

Cons

- Some modules are not working at all correctly. (But please remember that it's a open source Project)

Qamar H.
  • Industry: Apparel & Fashion
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Dolibarr for Trading small business

Reviewed on 10/8/2020

For effectiveness in business including secured, auto communication i.e. email based events, like issuance of sale order, POs, fit for trading, Saas, and locally installation is a good option. Account management like banks, payable, receive-able to pay, to receive complete orders all are included in package, Dashboard parameters are good for management reporting.

Pros

Xampp, lamp based web application to support business activities, easier in installation, configuration is easier, business aspects, logics are pre-defined in each modules which are pre built in with it, while some can be purchased. Role clarification of staff, trade, Purchase, Sale orders, Project order, and their invoices can be handled effectively with respective accounts too, double entry system for advanced accounting is configurable to meet the specific requirement of business. This software is best for trading and projects in level of medium industries.

Cons

Mobile application is not available, some bugs are found in manufacturing order, Graphs and visuals are in small size and will not properly displayed while business volume increases. Inventory report is not in printable format, Costing module is not available.

Joel C.

Owner

Good

Pros

Can enable and disable modules. Active development. Active plugin community. Packaged for Debian, easy upgrade. Very customizable.

Cons

I wish there was better documentation on how to use as well as how to modify/create plugins

Bérengère C.

I'm working for a Dolibarr software specialist. We use Dolibarr every day for our business.

Reviewed on 12/5/2017

Pros

We chose to become a Dolibarr specialist because it's an open source software, wich allows our customers to have a personalize solution.
Dolibarr is an adaptable and scalable software that can meet the needs of many activities.
With Dolibarr you have the choice:
- Free download of the software and do the installation yourself
- Personalize your Dolibarr with differents modules available on Dolistore (the marketplace of Dolibarr)
- Contact an expert who will help you with your installation, an evolution, a training, an assistance.
The Dolibarr community is very active and allows the software to evolve very quickly.

Cons

The standard of the software doesn't do everything, but for me it's better , because we can personnalize our Dolibarr with the really necessary features.

César A.
  • Industry: Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

Established since three years, I was looking for an easy and complete software to manage my...

Reviewed on 12/5/2017

My company is managed with Dolibarr and I am very happy to use it for this purpose since the creation of my company.

Pros

Easy to use, no very hard installation needed, backup and restore very easy, complete solution for ERP/CRM, in constant evolution. When you know nothing in these kind of software, you learn very quickly to use Dolibarr without help. Very intuitive, light and performing. I have tried other commercial solutions but I stayed with Dolibarr

Cons

You have to learn the use of Dolibarr on your own because there is no customer support (but the forum can help you whenever you have some issue).

Yaakoubi S.
  • Industry: Chemicals

PRODUCTION

Reviewed on 7/12/2019

I used it for more then 7 years, but I have a very small business and a cooperative, I had three problems with it. First I lost my database one because I had payment problems. and Now my second problem is that I can not use it for production and third stock is not very straight forward. I get lost with virtual and physical, when I send a proforma invoice or order and it doesnt take and I want to correct, I always get lost.

Pros

It is Easy to use, very stable. I can use it from anywhere.

Cons

can not be used for production unit. I have a cooperative and I need to track my stock of ingredients that i use in production

Norbert P.

Swiss knife

Reviewed on 6/12/2019

We solved delivery, amazon dialogue, dematerialization, multi-currencies, email integration, KPI reviews, etc

Pros

Everything can be done with Dolibarr, it's a swiss knife.
We have implemented solutions that were outside of the core features with ease.
For the price of a licensed ERP, you can have a customized ERP fitting your business.

Cons

It's designed to be extendable, you cannot miss a functionality.

Arie O.

Using it since august 2003 (14y!) easy to use

Reviewed on 12/5/2017

Pros

Dolibarr is easy to use, evolves regularly thanks to a generous team of developers. I use it almost every day. It is not limited in the number of users who have the right to connect. Dolibarr can be installed on a hosted or dedicated server, on the internet or locally. It suits me perfectly. The fact that it is a whole web solution, allows to be cross-platform.

Niels erik J.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

it have it all

Reviewed on 16/12/2019

work gut for last 2 years and used it ½ year before to get it implement to my company

Pros

price and easy of use and it support is gut

Cons

support for Danish system it need a little bit more attention

Daniel L.
  • Industry: Professional Training & Coaching

Great Tool for small business

Reviewed on 11/12/2019

Pros

Easy to install and to start to work with it. You have a free CRM and ERP to management your business. You don’t need great knowledge of IT

Cons

It’s a bit difficult to change some parameters

Claudio A.

I daily works on Dolibarr and I think that is perfect to manage my web-agency.

Reviewed on 12/5/2017

Pros

It's simple to use and to learn. Its structure based on modular approch lets to active only necessary features.

Cons

Graphic interface. Template style is old. I think that would be very important to improve graphics interface in next release .

• Industry: Online Media

Amazing for a free ERP system

Reviewed on 5/12/2018

Steep learning curve, but amazed at the breadth of the product and the configurability of it. Architects have clearly been refining Dolibarr for many years, and the product works as advertised and is very stable. Hard to understand why this software is not more popular in Western countries. Key attractive point for us was the multilingual capability (including support of 2-byte languages like Chinese and Japanese), and the open source nature.

Pros

* Free to use (open source)
* Multilingual
* Full-featured
* Open source, so we can build own modules
* Frequently updated
* Widely used in low-cost countries, providing a source of expertise
* Cloud app

Cons

* French developed, so almost no info in English, other than a not-very-helpful wiki
* Zero 3rd party documentation explaining how to set it up - if you are not used to ERP and Accounting systems, getting started is hard
* Takes time to find people who know the product in depth
* Need some technical expertise to host

Julien M.

I use dolibarr since 2011. it is easy to handle and it is really reliable

Reviewed on 15/5/2017

Pros

Its reliability. When dolibarr releases a new version, it has been tested and retested. The software is therefore very reliable and the version rises, do not do little

Abdullah A.

Very good

Reviewed on 6/12/2019

Pros

Every modules. Samplisty, community, and support

Cons

Fast Updates, documentations and community

Fatih S.

Best choice for SMB

Reviewed on 21/6/2018

Pros

Very easy to use, good fit for SMB and near Mid-range companies. It is very flexible for future needs. Also it has ldap integration.

Cons

WebUI is not mobile friendly, there is some glitches. Reporting modules need improvement. I think developers must focus reporting section firstly.

Laurenţiu D.

Good alternative

Reviewed on 13/12/2019

General business requirements

Pros

The architecture, the portability, the fact that it is designed for the online environment brings many benefits

Cons

Too many lines of codes
if it had been developed on f3(fat free framework), i think it would have been one of the best ERP

Nikolaos B.
  • Industry: Computer Hardware

Entry level user

Reviewed on 19/5/2017

Pros

The best of this software is free and it's very nice because it's powerfull like commercial software!

Cons

It's difficult to create invoices from scratch! Your must have knowledge about open office. Another problem who I saw it's about translation of some fields

Jean-noel G.
  • Industry: Information Services

Dolibarr as a Prospect/customer management and invoicing system

Reviewed on 16/12/2019

We create all prospects, customers, products (but just a few) and services and it is easy to create them. the software help us a lot to make the follow-up of invoice payments.

Pros

The software is quite easy to use.
A lot of plugins can help to manage better the company and the leads/proposals.
Update is better even if they can still improve it

Cons

For the contract management for employees, the features are too lights !

Paul M.

simplicity

Reviewed on 6/12/2019

My experience with dolibarr was very satisfactory from the beginning, its simplicity of use and its friendly environment made me decide to use this software.

Pros

There are many reasons that I will try to point out
• Easy to install in any local or cloud environment
• Very fast learning curve
• As standard it comes with almost everything a company needs
• It has very good external modules to complete my requirements
• It's free
• Can be used even in a shared hosting
• Updates and improvements are fast
• I just love it

Cons

• You do not have electronic commerce in the same application
• Website configuration is not easy

Alain G.
  • Industry: Telecommunications

TPE, PME, association Dolibarr is for you

Reviewed on 6/12/2019

To manage our activity with a commercial in a town, a technical team in another country and a financial manager on the road, DOLIBARR is a tool located on a IONOS server. We are able to work together and to follow the activity in real time, to be able to estimate VAT, margin, ...
Each time an update is done we do not loos any data.
The ability to have a screen in one language to a user and the documents in another language is very usefull.

Pros

The modularity , the reactivity of the development team, the general concept.

Cons

The update is a too log process but in the other hand a very secure one.

John O.
  • Industry: Consumer Electronics
  • Company size: 1,001-5,000 Employees

Excellent choice for Small & Medium Businesses

Reviewed on 12/9/2017

Pros

This cloud Open Source CRM & ERP Sofware is an excellent choice for SMB Businesses. I have been working with Dolibarr for more than 3 years now. It has improved enormously since I started using it, and it keeps growing every release, displaying beautiful new functionalities.

It has a large global community, and therefore there is plenty experience to share among users and partners.

Cons

It still has some features to develop, like Planning and Forecasting, and some details related such as recurrent events in the Calendar, which are not covered yet, but I understand that these are considered in the product roadmap as new enhancements.